Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old June 9th, 2013 (01:16 PM).
h e r o e s
CS

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by ChiliDawgs:
Kinda going on from what jov asked... What do y'all think makes a good rp?
Kind of a wide question, there. There are a lot of factors. Depends on the franchise it's based on, the looks of the opening post, the plot of course and the GM to some extent. That being said, I never automatically renounce a RP because of the GM.

Oh, and a good RP needs players who actually post instead of leaving the thread to fade away for a month between posts. Inactive players don't make a good RP.

paired to seeker
RPCPG

Old June 9th, 2013 (01:21 PM).
x?q]r♂Pk

Nature: Lonely
Noob question: how do I join a role-play?

I'm looking for something where I get to be a Pokémon (Cubone), but not Mystery Dungeon-esque. There should be humans in it.

Any suggestions?
Old June 9th, 2013 (01:29 PM).
h e r o e s
CS

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by OfficialKatsunori:

I'm looking for something where I get to be a Pokémon (Cubone), but not Mystery Dungeon-esque. There should be humans in it.

Any suggestions?
Welcome to the RPC, Katsunori!

You can read the rules thread to get to know the most important stuff before RPing here. Then, you can check the RP Library to see what different kinds of RPs are active.

To join a RP, you must first find one that has spots open. Most often, the first post in the OOC (out of character) thread announces whether or not that is the case. If you are unsure, you can just VM the GM (game master) or post in the thread and ask.

Then, you'll have to find the SU sheet (sign up) which should be in the first post of either the OOC or the corresponding IC (in character) thread. Fill it out, post it in the OOC and wait for the GM to approve you. Then you should be ready to start playing! Usually this doesn't take long time at all.

I'm not sure there are any RPs atm that lets you be a pokémon in a world where humans also exist. Maybe Earth & Sky or Foreshadows of Hoenn would be of interest to you!

paired to seeker
RPCPG

Old June 9th, 2013 (01:30 PM).
Gold Tier

Any suggestions?
Just click on the Roleplay Lounge (there should be a easy-to-see link in the Roleplay Corner), click through the OOC (Out-of-Character) threads and after seeing one which interests you and has spaces still open, post a SU (Sign-up) according to the RP as a reply. Simples

Although, I'm not sure if there are RPs out right now which fit your needs. You can still have a look through though.

paired to gimmipie
gold supporter

last.fm
Old June 9th, 2013 (08:28 PM).
The Lightning Rod of Hate
Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
Hello Katsunori, as the others have said welcome to the Role Playing Corner. I'm not going to tell you how to join or anything because Scyke and Red's have already hit the nail right on the head. As for the kind of RP you are looking for I highly recommend Foreshadows of Hoenn. It allows for what you are asking and has an incredible plot and good GMs. PTA has on occasion allowed people to RP as pokemon rather than human characters but I think if you are looking to play a Cubone Foreshadows is a good place to start. I do recommend joining PTA as a human also, it is an excellent RP for developing one's skills and tends to be the go-to for new RPers.

Paired to these awesome people.

My Roleplays | RPC | Blog
Old June 9th, 2013 (08:40 PM).
Sylveon

Hey guys, I'll be gone on Friday all day. (Going to an amusement Park....Kings Island if anyone's heard of it. The park is like three hours from where I live)

Also...I made a sprite for each of my characters (See my signature) if anyone wants me to make them one I will just pm or vm me and I'll be glad to do it.
Old June 9th, 2013 (09:12 PM). Edited June 9th, 2013 by Geras32.
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by ~Genevieve~:
Also...I made a sprite for each of my characters (See my signature) if anyone wants me to make them one I will just pm or vm me and I'll be glad to do it.
Have fun, but when you said you made a sprite for each character I wasn't expecting it to be the same sprite for every character. Is that a slip-up or how it's supposed to be? (That aside, it's a good sprite)
Old June 9th, 2013 (09:20 PM).
Sylveon

When I'm on my computer it shows the ten different sprites like it's supposed to...but for some reason on my ipod it only shows one over and over. Don't know whats up with that...but I'm to tired to put much thought into it.
Old June 9th, 2013 (10:03 PM). Edited June 9th, 2013 by jov0006.
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Nature: Modest

Any suggestions?
There is my own role-play (check my signature) which features a war between three sides, humans, Pokemon, and a minority third party.

Quote originally posted by ~Genevieve~:
When I'm on my computer it shows the ten different sprites like it's supposed to...but for some reason on my ipod it only shows one over and over. Don't know whats up with that...but I'm too tired to put much thought into it.
I'm on my computer and it shows the same sprites.

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Old June 9th, 2013 (11:27 PM).
Crystal Tier

Okay guys, I figure that I may as well get this over and done with. I have several RP ideas that I am currently working with and I'd like to get your opinions on these ideas and find out which of them you'd prefer to see as an RP in the near future.

Darker Than Black RP
Spoiler:

Set in an alternate timeline to the actual series in New York City and the surrounding areas. Two groups, a government organisation and a criminal syndicate, are fighting a secret war for supremacy in the shadows of the city using Contractors as their weapons of choice.

The RP is set to contain set missions as well as sandbox elements for in between these set missions.

Fantasy RP
Spoiler:

There are two versions for this RP - one set in a more medieval time period and one set in the near future. The bottom line for both is the same though.

In a world where sorcerers exist you would think that they would have the advantage but in reality they are an oppressed people that are feared and persecuted by the government who has ruled that sorcery is illegal and punishable by imprisonment or even death. The RP is set to be primarily sandbox with the occasional mandatory event to move the plot forward and will occur in a single city and the surrounding area. It will follow the lives of both sorcerers and the police/soldiers of the government in a difficult time with murmurs of an imminent uprising.

I also have planned to use a different take on sorcerers with unique strengths and weaknesses (and to remove the common practice of magic being a "free" skill, but not in a way that will damage the plot).

Jurassic Park RP
Spoiler:

Easy enough to work out I guess. A sandbox RP where a group of people with useful skills/knowledge etc... end up on Isla Sorna as part of a volunteer experiment, not knowing what dwells on the island. They sponsors of the experiment are supposed to return in a week to take the stranded adventurers home but they never show.

The RP follows the group as they attempt to survive the dangerous (dinosaur infested) island and make a life for themselves there with severely limited resources.

Well those are brief summaries of these ideas - if you need more information before commenting on any of these feel free to PM or VM me

Old June 9th, 2013 (11:49 PM).
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by gimmepie:
Okay guys, I figure that I may as well get this over and done with. I have several RP ideas that I am currently working with and I'd like to get your opinions on these ideas and find out which of them you'd prefer to see as an RP in the near future.

Darker Than Black RP
Spoiler:

Set in an alternate timeline to the actual series in New York City and the surrounding areas. Two groups, a government organisation and a criminal syndicate, are fighting a secret war for supremacy in the shadows of the city using Contractors as their weapons of choice.

The RP is set to contain set missions as well as sandbox elements for in between these set missions.

Well those are brief summaries of these ideas - if you need more information before commenting on any of these feel free to PM or VM me
I really like the Darker than Black RP

But...are the contractors like hitmen? Or is it supposed to reference a certain type of gun/hand weapon?

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old June 9th, 2013 (11:57 PM).
Crystal Tier

ah right! I should probably have clarified exactly what Contractors are - although you aren't far off on the hit men thing. There's a link below explaining it all.

Contractors

On that note - disregard the part about "emotionless" because really that is untrue and if it was required would kill the RP.

Old June 10th, 2013 (12:02 AM).
The Arianator

Quote originally posted by gimmepie:
ah right! I should probably have clarified exactly what Contractors are - although you aren't far off on the hit men thing. There's a link below explaining it all.

Contractors

On that note - disregard the part about "emotionless" because really that is untrue and if it was required would kill the RP.
Ah, I see! Could we also play as a contractor, or do we have to be a part of one of the factions? Or are the contractors themselves parts of each faction?

Old June 10th, 2013 (12:10 AM).
Crystal Tier

The contractors themselves work in the service of these factions but most are doing so because it benefits them in some way, shape or form.

Old June 10th, 2013 (12:25 AM). Edited June 10th, 2013 by jov0006.

Darker than Black RP, I'm in! Also ~Genevieve~ you have this no direct linking thing popping up in your sig now.

Also, I was wondering how one makes text appear when hovering over an image, but does not create a link at the same time?

Old June 10th, 2013 (06:36 AM).
Sylveon

I fixed it. The only thing now is that if your using a dark pc skin then the pics in my signature have a white background.

jov0006: PM me and I can tell you how to do that.

gimmepie: Sounds very interesting...if only I didn't have so many characters.
Old June 10th, 2013 (07:34 AM).
Crystal Tier

So far the Darker than Black RP is looking to be the most popular option of the three (Lokie will be pleased :D)

Old June 10th, 2013 (10:12 PM).

Who would be interested in an Animal Crossing RP or a AC and Pokémon Crossover RP?

Old June 10th, 2013 (11:38 PM). Edited June 10th, 2013 by Nauje.
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by jov0006:
Who would be interested in an Animal Crossing RP or a AC and Pokémon Crossover RP?
Wait, did I just read that right? An Assassin's Creed and Pokemon CROSSOVER?! THAT WOULD BE EP-

..oh wait, Animal Crossing. Right. Sorry, this was actually how my thought process went when I read that aha.

EDIT: That just gave me an idea - who would be up for a kick-ass Assassin's Creed RP? Only just thought of it, but maybe it could be based around six-eight subjects in the Animus held by that modern Templar group, an it would be a bit like the games when most of the time is spent on the Animus, the other is spent planning an escape route out? Or would it be better if all the time was spent being a badass Assassin in an age I haven't thought of yet? Thoughts please.

paired to gimmipie
gold supporter

last.fm
Old June 11th, 2013 (07:14 AM).
The Arianator

Quote originally posted by Scyke:
Wait, did I just read that right? An Assassin's Creed and Pokemon CROSSOVER?! THAT WOULD BE EP-

..oh wait, Animal Crossing. Right. Sorry, this was actually how my thought process went when I read that aha.

EDIT: That just gave me an idea - who would be up for a kick-ass Assassin's Creed RP? Only just thought of it, but maybe it could be based around six-eight subjects in the Animus held by that modern Templar group, an it would be a bit like the games when most of the time is spent on the Animus, the other is spent planning an escape route out? Or would it be better if all the time was spent being a badass Assassin in an age I haven't thought of yet? Thoughts please.
Only if it happens during the Aztec Empire

Old June 11th, 2013 (02:02 PM).
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Assassin's Creed would be cool. The Victorian era could be implemented. it would give that dark, mature feel that AC could thrive in.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 11th, 2013 (05:31 PM).
Forever Shawol and Aileean

Nature: Adamant
(embraces all of you)

PC FINALLY WORKS FOR ME. FINALLY.

It's been, what, a few months? Half a year?

Reason for long hiatus that Nakuzami should have told you all about: I couldn't get access to PC at all for these last few months and I have tried weekly. It almost didn't work again today, but then I tried multiple times and I could finally log in!

I LOVE AND I HAVE MISSED ALL OF YOU! <3

Will any of the RPs that I was in before my not-my-choice-hiatus take me back?

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old June 11th, 2013 (05:33 PM).
Piercing the Clouds
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
GUYS GUYS GUYS
I MAGICALLY FIXED MICHAELA'S COMPUTER WITH MY MIND. SHE LIVES!

Also, if I randomly disappear, keep in mind that it's summer and I'm not good on a regular basis as it is. >.>; I will have my phone, however, so if I do disappear, I'll try to check PC and see if I can relay something to joint post with peoples or something, lol.

After summer I think I'll launch The Lost Islands League 2.0.
For now, what would your guys' thoughts be on a sandbox Elder Scrolls roleplay?

۵ paired to no one
gold supporter
| | | | |
Old June 11th, 2013 (05:39 PM).
yah, you betcha
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
@Nakuzami
Yes... Just yes... I will love you forever and ever if you make an Elder Scrolls role play :D
@Michaela
Haha i wasn't here when you were last on but, welcome back!
Old June 11th, 2013 (06:36 PM).
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
@Michaela: Although my only former contact with you was very briefly in an RP long ago a little before my own hiatus back when I sucked at RPing, I welcome you back with open arms!

@Nakuzami: Elder Scrolls roleplay. Do it. NOW. Seriously though, I like the idea. How far into the ES mythos would it be delving?

Sponsored Links