The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 14th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Idiot!
One shot, one kill.

I am planning to make a Persona RP, based on the popular game by Shin Megami Tensei.
Old November 18th, 2009, 09:48 PM
The Bringer!
oh pokemon, you're so pokemon

Nature: Quirky
Hey there PC role players and fellow lurkers =3

I'm fairly new to roleplayin' and shnazz, but have had a lot of fun wiht my experiences so far... but, I have entertained ideas of being an rp runner rather than "just" one of the role players. How would a run-of-the-mill fantasy rp sound, set in a lawless "wild west" sorta place? So far in this section I've just seen franchise based roleplays although I wouldn't mind a kirby one..., and have wanted to try something different. You think this would go over well?
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Rabbit Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bringer! View Post
Hey there PC role players and fellow lurkers =3

I'm fairly new to roleplayin' and shnazz, but have had a lot of fun wiht my experiences so far... but, I have entertained ideas of being an rp runner rather than "just" one of the role players. How would a run-of-the-mill fantasy rp sound, set in a lawless "wild west" sorta place? So far in this section I've just seen franchise based roleplays although I wouldn't mind a kirby one..., and have wanted to try something different. You think this would go over well?
I'm cool with non-franchise roleplays because I have no interest in Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever they have going on down there. On the other hand, I'm not too savvy with historical roleplays. The Wild West wasn't taught in my history courses so I know next to nothing about it. You certainly don't want some doofus to put their character in a Japanese kimono and plastic eating utensils. You'd need to give the players a rundown of the historical setting and expectations.

dreaming again
of a train track ending at the edge of the sea
Old November 25th, 2009, 03:46 PM
The Bringer!
oh pokemon, you're so pokemon

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
I'm cool with non-franchise roleplays because I have no interest in Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever they have going on down there. On the other hand, I'm not too savvy with historical roleplays. The Wild West wasn't taught in my history courses so I know next to nothing about it. You certainly don't want some doofus to put their character in a Japanese kimono and plastic eating utensils. You'd need to give the players a rundown of the historical setting and expectations.
Well, I suppose that wasn't the best wording to use on my part...
I didn't really mean like set in the wild west ^^;
I meant that it was more like a lawless frontier setting xD

Lol but yeah, glad to see someone responded to the idea ^^
Old November 25th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Send a message via AIM to Rabbit Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rabbit
In that case, OMG yes! Lawless frontier all the way. Even better if it's set in an unexplored, densely forested alien planet. >3< But maybe I'm asking for too much.

dreaming again
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Frostbiteकर्म
Life's Short. Stop Fighting.

Nature: Lonely
Would anyone seem interested in a Harry Potter RP that would go from years 1-7? Your character would basically be in Harry's year, so they would experience many things Harry would (such as the troll in the first book, the Triwizard Tournament in the fourth book, etc.) only it would be told from your character's POV. Obviously things would be exactly like Harry Potter, because your character wouldn't be there for some instances (seeing Sirius Black in the third book, battling Death Eaters in the fifth, etc.) So...does that interest anyone? I was thinking of making it a One on One RP, simply because of the length.

*Sig credit to Comic Tragedy/moments.
Old December 28th, 2009, 08:03 AM
King!
better

Nature: Jolly
I tried to make a Harry Potter one, and it was so much work that I kind of gave up on the idea. However, this idea wasn't ariound Harry's time, so your idea might be a lot easier to carry out. Overall, I'd say go for it.
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:23 AM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Nature: Naive
I think it sounds awesome Fen, but you know how much I like Harry P...
xD

Find me on:

Storenvy :: DeviantART :: Tumblr :: Twitter
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIII.Bond Of Flame.XIV. View Post
Would anyone seem interested in a Harry Potter RP that would go from years 1-7? Your character would basically be in Harry's year, so they would experience many things Harry would (such as the troll in the first book, the Triwizard Tournament in the fourth book, etc.) only it would be told from your character's POV. Obviously things would be exactly like Harry Potter, because your character wouldn't be there for some instances (seeing Sirius Black in the third book, battling Death Eaters in the fifth, etc.) So...does that interest anyone? I was thinking of making it a One on One RP, simply because of the length.
So it would be like the books, but minus all of the action? Aside from hanging out with wizards, what do the characters get to do?

dreaming again
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Frostbiteकर्म

Luigi-a: I know, you adore HP XD

Rabbit: I wouldn't say all of the action necessarily. Your character could still be on the Quidditch team (should they tryout), they would experience when the Death Eaters take over Hogwarts, stuff like that. I was also thinking that maybe closer to the 5th year, your characters can befriend Harry and go on some of his adventures. Not all, just a couple like going to the Ministry and battling the Death Eaters...Just to add a bit more to the RP.

I could also incorporate a reason for the character's family/themselves to be on the hitlist as well. Or I guess I could just have a completely new time, make a new Dark Wizard, and make the two characters (or more, if I don't do a one on one) the main heroes. I was just thinking it would be a bit easier to do to make it in Harry's time, only telling from different POVs.

Old January 11th, 2010, 08:57 AM
изм
Gym Leader

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to изм Send a message via Yahoo to изм Send a message via Skype™ to изм
I'm making an Devil Survivor RP based on Shin Megami Tensei series, it has spells, magic, demons and questions on religious morality, myths etc, and yeah with twists and all.

Old January 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM
ArcanineOod
DESU.

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ArcanineOod
Quote:

Rabbit: I wouldn't say all of the action necessarily. Your character could still be on the Quidditch team (should they tryout), they would experience when the Death Eaters take over Hogwarts, stuff like that. I was also thinking that maybe closer to the 5th year, your characters can befriend Harry and go on some of his adventures. Not all, just a couple like going to the Ministry and battling the Death Eaters...Just to add a bit more to the RP.

I could also incorporate a reason for the character's family/themselves to be on the hitlist as well. Or I guess I could just have a completely new time, make a new Dark Wizard, and make the two characters (or more, if I don't do a one on one) the main heroes. I was just thinking it would be a bit easier to do to make it in Harry's time, only telling from different POVs.
Have you considered perhaps setting it after HP, when (don't open this if you haven't finished the Deathly Hallows)
Spoiler:
Harry's group's children are in Hogwarts? Where Neville Longbottom is our character's Herbology Professor and stuff?

Where Voldy is long gone but a new threat is rising, and perhaps the Ministry is becoming corrupt and overbearing? I'd join a Harry Potter RP if it was good and I had enough time. =3
I'd probably join if it was Harry's time, too. Just an idea.

xX
Old January 11th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Quote:

OR, if you respecting canon isn't your main goal, how running a House Sparklypoo roleplay? Sparklypoo is everyone's favourite house, even if they tell you they want to be Gryffindor. Have all of the characters be ditzy Mary-Sues and load them with unrealistic challenges as a means to develop character! Yes indeedy.

dreaming again
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:02 PM
ArcanineOod
DESU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
even if they tell you they want to be Gryffindor.
Ha! Stuff that; I'm a Hufflepuff through and through, thanks!
I hereby totally claim a spot in Hufflepuff if there's going to be one in this possible RP. Oh yes, feel the Hufflepuff love.
A new house, eh? I've never even considered it! XD

xX
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Frostbiteकर्म

Ehh, I'm not much into the Sparklypoo Mary Sue stuff. I don't care if you have no idea what a Mary Sue is and then accidentally create one, 'cuz I did that myself, but if you do...I'm not going to purposefully have people make Mary Sues, because I can't stand them. And I have such a full RP schedule now (along with school), I don't think the RP will be up for a while, but I'm going to definitely keep it in mind.

Old January 14th, 2010, 10:04 PM
изм
Gym Leader

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to изм Send a message via Yahoo to изм Send a message via Skype™ to изм
My RP is up if anyone wants to have a look then over here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=205337

Old January 17th, 2010, 10:28 PM
The Jewel of Life
A Gift From Arceus

Nature: Hasty
Hey there everyone, I'm dropping in to the roleplay discussion thread with a little
something to say, so get ready to start reading~

Kay, so I have a very active imagination and have the ideas necessary to make essentially an entire new pokemon generation complete with new gym leaders, a new professor, new items, new pokemon, and more. However, I can't make games or hacks which leaves me with the choice of a forum text roleplay that I could use my ideas in. However, I'm not sure how many people would enjoy a chapter-based roleplay where you start from scratch and use fakemon, so I would like to hear the input of some of the active users visiting this thread on the subject. So, what'll it be, should I submit this new roleplay (although it may take a while for me to do so), or not? Please discuss.~
Old January 18th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jewel of Life View Post
Hey there everyone, I'm dropping in to the roleplay discussion thread with a little
something to say, so get ready to start reading~

Kay, so I have a very active imagination and have the ideas necessary to make essentially an entire new pokemon generation complete with new gym leaders, a new professor, new items, new pokemon, and more. However, I can't make games or hacks which leaves me with the choice of a forum text roleplay that I could use my ideas in. However, I'm not sure how many people would enjoy a chapter-based roleplay where you start from scratch and use fakemon, so I would like to hear the input of some of the active users visiting this thread on the subject. So, what'll it be, should I submit this new roleplay (although it may take a while for me to do so), or not? Please discuss.~
I think you've posted in the wrong discussion thread...this is for non-Pokemon roleplays.

Anyhow, I would not be excited to see a new journey RP, fakemon or not. I think they're boring as bread rolls. We need some new ideas, not a rehash of the games.

Why do you want to make the characters start from scratch and battle all the gyms? Why not create a completely unique plot?

dreaming again
Old February 2nd, 2010, 03:45 PM
killet513
Death the Kid

Nature: Relaxed
I agree with Rabbit, make the RPers do sothing else instead of mak them play a new game, but typing it. So, all in all it's a bad idea sorry. If you would, please checl out my RP The Mystery of the Dragon.

"A healthy soul resides
in a healthy mind
and a healthy body"

Last edited by killet513; February 9th, 2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old March 15th, 2010, 02:21 AM
XxAzaliaxX
n00b hack trainer

Nature: Naughty
I'm a fairly new face around these parts : D but I have discovered the RP section of the PokeCommunity. I was overjoyed (of course) I decided on a whim.... that I would make a Fruits Basket RP.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about...
Fruits Basket is a story about a girl finding a family that is under a very strange curse. This curse turns one of the Sohma's into one of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac. Not everyone turns into an animal though. Thirteen "lucky" souls have the spirit of the zodiac living inside them (please note that the cursed can't speak to the zodiac spirit. It's the Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Boar and Cat.

The Cat though is not included in the Zodiac as a member, because the Rat tricked the Cat into thinking that the banquet everyone was invited to was held on a different day. "God" then decided that The Cat would not participate in the Zodiac banquet again. "God" also cursed the cat with another transformation, when the beds from the previous cat were removed from his wrists, he would transform into a horrible monster.

In all there are 14 cursed Sohmas, including the God, and the Cat. The God though, cursed with the burden of carrying the weight of the curse, has very bad health. Some of the other Zodiac members also have bad health.

The Sohmas turn into their Zodiac animal (except God) when hugged by a person of the opposite gender, or when they're really weak.

Tohru befriends the Sohmas pretty easily, and through a series of events, she breaks them free from the curse. True Love is what breaks the curse.

In my RP, it would be a what if scenario What if the curse hadn't been broken and a new generation of Sohmas was cursed?

Anyways I wanted to know if anyone would be interested xD I don't want to make it, and it turns out that I get no one to join.

Old March 15th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Vorteld
Lord of the Underworld

Nature: Naive
The Voice of The North Wind is Re-vamped. I hope to run a Very Serious RP (words are courtesy of Rabbit, thank you) with lots of intense social interaction!

Credit for the awesome banner goes to Jordan !
Spoiler:

Family:Unruly niece Misty4Life The niece spending most of her time taking apart time machines in the basement- Latiace Zombie Nephew- iwuzhere9 Nephew with awesome views- Pokemon is awesome Splitted niece- SilverStilleto The nephew inheriting the mysterious grandfather clock concealing the map pointing to my treasure- AllTimeLow1 The nephew always breaking the vases in my mansion- Destiny Bender Nephew i used to follow to school before going to the black market- xXI JOE IXx The nephew borrowing the books in my library for annoyingly extended periods of time- Code_Green Niece with good taste- PechaPoffin

Rival : Seadiga the Staraptor
Old March 15th, 2010, 03:09 AM
perfectmonster
Eggs Are Awesome!

Nature: Timid
Quote:
I'm a fairly new face around these parts : D but I have discovered the RP section of the PokeCommunity. I was overjoyed (of course) I decided on a whim.... that I would make a Fruits Basket RP.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about...
Fruits Basket is a story about a girl finding a family that is under a very strange curse. This curse turns one of the Sohma's into one of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac. Not everyone turns into an animal though. Thirteen "lucky" souls have the spirit of the zodiac living inside them (please note that the cursed can't speak to the zodiac spirit. It's the Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Boar and Cat.

The Cat though is not included in the Zodiac as a member, because the Rat tricked the Cat into thinking that the banquet everyone was invited to was held on a different day. "God" then decided that The Cat would not participate in the Zodiac banquet again. "God" also cursed the cat with another transformation, when the beds from the previous cat were removed from his wrists, he would transform into a horrible monster.

In all there are 14 cursed Sohmas, including the God, and the Cat. The God though, cursed with the burden of carrying the weight of the curse, has very bad health. Some of the other Zodiac members also have bad health.

The Sohmas turn into their Zodiac animal (except God) when hugged by a person of the opposite gender, or when they're really weak.

Tohru befriends the Sohmas pretty easily, and through a series of events, she breaks them free from the curse. True Love is what breaks the curse.

In my RP, it would be a what if scenario What if the curse hadn't been broken and a new generation of Sohmas was cursed?

Anyways I wanted to know if anyone would be interested xD I don't want to make it, and it turns out that I get no one to join.
That would be pretty cool man! What would happen?
Old March 15th, 2010, 06:45 AM
TurtleKing
Turtles > You

My Digimon RP hasn't been posted yet... is there a timeframe?

Elite Academy - A Pokemon Academy fan-fiction by TurtleKing
Volume One | Volume Two
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:16 AM
ArcanineOod
DESU.

Dunno, mate. Sorry!

I have an idea I want to chuck out there to see if anyone would like it. It's loosely based on some of the ideas present in the Percy Jackson series, but you need not have read the books to understand the RP. I haven't even finished reading Lightning Thief myself, so for now the only thing similar is that there's a camp place where the demigod children of the Olympic gods and mortals meet up to hone their skills and stuff. The RPers will play characters that either have only just found out that they're demigods, between the ages of fourteen and twenty-five (perhaps just 14-19. I'm not sure yet). The RP itself will be PG-15/16.
The plot'll probably be something to do with the evil characters from Ancient Greek Mythology banding together and rising up to take over the world and stuff. I'm not quite sure yet.
Obviously, at least decent knowledge of Ancient Greek Mythology will be preferable.

What do you lot think? Good? Bad? Something you'd be interested in?
xX
Old March 23rd, 2010, 07:25 PM
collie
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
I'd be really interested in the Percy Jackson-type RP. Of course, my views on Greek mythology are...well, I suppose you could say a little whacky. Haha, so that could be...awkward? Bad? I'm not sure...

I was thinking of making an RP loosely based off of X/1999...except it'd be focused on 2012 (ye gods, it hurts me to choose that date but it's good for...end of the world type dates nowadays). I was also going to incorporate some Aztec and Mexica spirituality that I've been learning about, as well as some Western magic. It'd be more focused on character development, though, and end up straying very far from the X/1999 series (I haven't finished the manga series, and the movie kills me...kills me).
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links