The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 21st, 2013 (08:21 AM).
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Oh God, so many new RPs...I just don't know what to pick ;_;
Old June 21st, 2013 (08:31 AM).
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Please, for the love of Mew (because screw Arceus), someone get a Busou Renkin RP going here.

Because I want all of my free time taken away from me forcefully.

Old June 21st, 2013 (08:48 AM).
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
Wolf, WHY? That would be so awesome! but... but... I only have a few months of freedom left! I don't want to lose all of it!

Old June 21st, 2013 (09:49 AM).
Vintage Arachnid
Fight 'til you win.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Hey all,

I realize I don’t add to the conversation here much, but I thought I would do so now. I don’t know if you have saw yet, I have released my first RP ever! Based off The Mortal Instrument/The Infernal Devices book series, you might’ve seen the movie trailer for the former. Ahh, this is an incredibly nervous yet happy and somewhat weary moment for me and I just want my roleplay to succeed like all GMs! So, I was wondering if you would be willing to check it out? No pressure to join if it’s not your cup of tea (okay maybe just a taaaad bit of pressure), I know it can be viewed as a somewhat long read but I promise it’s worth it! Anyway, if you have any tips or suggestions for either GMing or the RP you want to throw my way feel free to PM/VM me!

Thanks guys~

THE EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old June 22nd, 2013 (04:26 PM).
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Well, 24 hours form now, I won't be able to post over the course of about 6 days, this is my temporary farewell to the roleplay corner.

Old June 22nd, 2013 (08:06 PM).
Nebula
♚ Here's looking at you, kid.

Hey there! I don't post here often (or at all really...) but I was hoping to gather some feedback on an rp idea I am thinking of working on. It is set in a Medieval/Fantasy setting and time. It is rough, as the thought has been recently conceived, but any thoughts or questions are appreciated. So without further ado, I present to you:

In the lore of the old world, Morda rose from the depths of the ocean by the two legendary monsters Groudon, the Pokémon of Land; and Kyogre, the Pokémon of Sea. As it rose, the great and powerful God Pokémon known as Arceus blessed its lands with a single breath. From this breath came life sprouting from the ground as trees, climbing to the sky as mountains, and awaking for the first time as beasts and men. It grew over the course of the Genesis Era and blossomed under the care and protection of Arceus. One millennium, the God Pokémon left the region to go elsewhere, and entrusted its keeping under seven individuals known as the Guardians. They were both human and Pokémon, born as each but fused into a single entity to give them unique abilities that would help ensure Morda's safety.

Eda - Guardian of Wisdom and Ignorance
Naldor - Guardian of Courage and Cowardice
Trialis - Guardian of Patience and Temptation
Helios - Guardian of Loyalty and Treachery
Litaria - Guardian of Hope and Despair
Syph - Guardian of Forgiveness and Revenge
Jilliane - Guardian of Honesty and Deceit

For several long years they kept the balance and watched over the land and its inhabitants, only interfering when necessary. It was a great region, but there was one Guardian who thought it could be more. Helios began to stew in his troubled mind and the treacherous half of his nature began to seize his very being. In the secret of the shadows he raised an army of Pokémon and their trainers who shared his vision for the world. With the dawn of the Crusade Era Helios launched his misguided attack on the opposing forces of Morda, and utter destruction followed in his wake. The other Guardians took arms against his rebellion with the help of their loyal followers and tried to reason with Helios, but to no avail. As the forces of good failed the Guardians were executed one by one under his reign and the region fell into darkness. Helios placed himself upon a throne that ruled supreme over the six tribes of Morda. Poverty, disease, and misfortune plagued the land. The once great and beautiful region was no more.

Years had passed, and there were many attempts against the Shadow King and his army, but none succeeded. Yet there was an ancient tome of Arceus that was long lost but the words were ingrained into the minds of every wronged inhabitant. It said that should the Guardians fail in their task to protect the region, new ones shall stand in their place and continue the cycle.

This is where you come in. Six humans have been called upon in their dreams by the respective Guardian to go to the Sepherian Shard to bond with a Pokémon and fulfill their destiny. The time has come at last to release the region from Helios' reign of terror and restore the peace.

Credit to generalcowslip of Tumblr for Pokémon Ginjinka Art.

Frequent Visitor of the Roleplay Corner // Roleplays - // Pairless
Old June 22nd, 2013 (08:15 PM).
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

I like the idea, and I'd definitely be interested were it to actually become an RP.
Old June 22nd, 2013 (08:39 PM).
Chalifoux
:: Like FROO-OO-OO-OOT ::
Community Supporter

@Sovereign. I think it's a stupendous concept! :D
I'd definitely be interested in it, should you decide to submit it o3o

But I hope you don't mind explaining the setting of this region :) Because you mention Trainers and the Crusade Era. My question is, how well-developed in this region at the point in which the RP begins? I ask because it really picks my interest and I would like to know where Morda stands in terms of communication, technology and the like o3o

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita
:: life could not be much sweeter ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old June 23rd, 2013 (01:15 AM).
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
@Sovereign: Oh wow. Interesting concept. I liked the fact that you used non-legendary Pokemon as the guardians. (It has been a cliched concept already, like Jirachi as the wish protector/knight/guardian or anywho.) But why kill them? Will they play a larger role in the RP or are they just there to set the pace of the story?

And did the tome exist before Helios turned, or after? Cause if it appeared long before Helios' treachery, I think it should mention seven individuals who would inherit the title of the seven guardians to protect the region from any danger and such. Plus, it would be an interesting RP if one of the players has a connection with Helios, being the Loyalty and Treachery guardian-to-be and all.

But, maybe that's my the-more-the-merrier-mind is thinking. Awesome, awesome.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old June 23rd, 2013 (02:13 AM).
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

@Sovereign Sounds like an epic adventure. I love medieval settings so I might be interested since my holidays are about to start tomorrow, and have more time on my hands. Only question I have is will humans have weapons of their own, such as bows and swords? Not sure how it would fit in if they did. Hmm.
Old June 23rd, 2013 (03:19 AM).
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Don't know if this has been attempted yet, but has anyone tried making a Tower of God RP? There's so much to work with on that series that I just can't believe I haven't seen it mentioned yet. To be honest, though, I haven't really seen a lot of people into it, which is a crying shame considering how awesome the series is.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 23rd, 2013 (03:59 AM).
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
@Scyke: I think the battle would closely resemble Game of /Pokemon/ battling style, if weapons would be implemented. That is, both the human and Pokemon would fight side by side. It could get gory, especially with swords slashing away.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old June 23rd, 2013 (11:43 AM). Edited June 23rd, 2013 by Patchisou Yutohru.
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

I am so pissed! I was working on a Roleplay and had so much typed out (since the last time I copied it) and went to preview it and LOW AND BEHOLD OF COURSE PC IS DOWN!! So I lose like 5 paragraphs of backstory that I was working on that I intended to have to give people a better, deeper understanding of the plot I had.

And because of that, I lost literally all the motivation I had to continue it, which I've been working on for three hours.
Old June 23rd, 2013 (04:52 PM).
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
That happened to me once and being the lazy ass that I was, I never continued. Btw I'm starting to make the plot, settings for my Naruto RP tomorrow. If there's no problem, it'll be submitted this week.
I need a CSS help
Old June 24th, 2013 (07:59 AM).
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Well guys here's the long awaited write-up for that Darker than Black RP. The punctuation will need a little editing but the information shouldn't change. It is a sandbox RP set in post-apocalyptic San Francisco. I'm only posting the story section of the write-up here (that's really all you need to see for now) but I have everything else worked out.

Spoiler:

MIDNIGHT

A DARKER THAN BLACK RP

--- the STORY ---

Ten years prior to the beginning of midnight a mysterious phenomenon that has come to be known only as the Event shook the very foundations of the Earth and of human society. A strange form of radiation, unknown to even the most brilliant of our scientists, that appeared to originate from space made contact with the Earth. That was when all hell broke loose.

Earthquakes tore cities apart, tsunamis ravaged nations and unpredictable and strange weather began to affect the human race all across the globe. In what could only be described as an apocalyptic scenario nearly every location in the globe fell to pieces. As it always has though, the human race struggled through the disaster caused by the event – scarred but far from broken. They were not the only ones to emerge from the wreckage of our cities though, contractors, dolls and moratoria also appeared and the night sky vanished replaced instead by a false image in which stars represented the lives of contractors.

With whole nations in ruins the majority of nations fell under martial law, the USA was no different. The military run the cities of the US now outranked only by the most upper echelons of the government. The question of who to blame for the disaster still remained though, even under what appeared to be the restored order brought by the military. With nobody to blame and the sudden emergence of contractors, society soon turned on them – blaming contractors and the like for the event and fearing their supernatural gifts. Soon the government, influenced heavily by the military, ruled that anyone discovered to be a contractor, doll or moratorium would be eliminated and a new organisation was created solely for searching for and assassinating the beings the Event had spawned and researching their abilities and the Event itself, the Supernatural Research and Control Agency (SRCA), who were to be controlled by the military.

Ten years later and the military and the SRCA still patrol the streets of ruined cities. Some semblance of normality seems to have settled over the world but each and every nation on the Earth is still a dangerous and unstable place. Contractors, moratoria and dolls rarely walk in the open anymore and are forced into lives of crime and servitude under criminal syndicates as they try to survive in a world where they are constantly pursued by the SRCA.
Old June 24th, 2013 (08:29 AM).
Adventure

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign. View Post
Hey there! I don't post here often (or at all really...) but I was hoping to gather some feedback on an rp idea I am thinking of working on. It is set in a Medieval/Fantasy setting and time. It is rough, as the thought has been recently conceived, but any thoughts or questions are appreciated. So without further ado, I present to you:
The sheer deliciousness of that post makes me interested in the RP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteBeats View Post
talk talk taltk a<3 <3
The sheer amazingness of your signature makes me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
I am so pissed! I was working on a Roleplay and had so much typed out (since the last time I copied it) and went to preview it and LOW AND BEHOLD OF COURSE PC IS DOWN!! So I lose like 5 paragraphs of backstory that I was working on that I intended to have to give people a better, deeper understanding of the plot I had.

And because of that, I lost literally all the motivation I had to continue it, which I've been working on for three hours.
Awh, that's terrible. We all learn the hard way at some point ._. Give it a few days and the urge to make it might come back again? Also, save your text in your User CP Notepad or in a document on your computer now and then is a tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
Well guys here's the long awaited write-up for that Darker than Black RP. The punctuation will need a little editing but the information shouldn't change. It is a sandbox RP set in post-apocalyptic San Francisco. I'm only posting the story section of the write-up here (that's really all you need to see for now) but I have everything else worked out.
Now, I recognize that css I think ;) Looks like another epic RP from the busiest game master.

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old June 24th, 2013 (08:36 AM).
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Actually EliteBeats did that CSS xD

But yes, there's this around the corner as well as another RP that I co-wrote and have agreed to co-GM soon to show up. I appreciate the compliment by the way
Old June 24th, 2013 (03:12 PM).
Ozymandias
we're just two lost souls
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Yesss!! Midnight is coming out soon! xD
Old June 24th, 2013 (03:52 PM).
Nebula

@ EliteBeats thank you for your interest! I have been debating on the technological advances of this region and I cannot decided whether I want to go in a direction resemblant to steam-punk or the basic 'no actual technology just plain old horse drive carts' kind of deal. I would love your input on it!

If I went the first route:

Transportation would involve zeppelins, airships, and dirigibles that are powered by steam, helium, or hydrogen. The closest it will come to an airplane would be small gliders that relate to Da Vinci's sketches. There can even be the idea of steam powered trains and boats.

As for communication, there would be radio communication and old stationary telephones.

On the subject of Pokémon items I was thinking that Pokéballs are a brand new invention just out of the making. They would be incredibly expensive and rare, so the common methods of obtaining a Pokémon would be to befriend it or use a net/other trapping methods. A Pokédex would be a basic journal that has been written up by experts and sold for a nice price. It doesn't say everything there is to know, and it has a lot of holes in its information. The common folk rely on knowledge of their peers or written works long published.

@ miltankRancher Helios decided to eliminate the other Guardians so that they no longer posed a threat to his reign and to lessen the fighting spirit of those who opposed him. The previous Guardians will play a key role in mentoring their successors throughout their journey.

Yes, the tome has been around for many years shortly after the Guardians came into existence. He knows, or at least knew, of its contents and has feared it. Yet the new Guardians didn't come so quickly after the first one's demise and so that fear began to fade and its words became meaningless to him. I figured that there should be six humans as the first Guardians have to die before the next ones take their place. Helios is still living, and thus his replacement is not yet born. This off puts the balance a little.

@ Scyke humans will definitely have access to weapons such as swords, long bows (perhaps crossbows), scepters, and the like. The Guardians will actually be required to have a weapon. It will have a special connection with them and will help them harness their new abilities as Guardians.

I suppose I should explain something quickly: when the humans and the Pokémon bond into one being to become a Guardian they are still the person they were. The Pokémon they bond with has been born just like they have for this bigger purpose, and are almost the replica of the humans as Pokémon. The only thing that will change are their abilities, and they will have a deeper connection to the world around them as well as the animalistic instinct of their nature.

@ machomuu and Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers I greatly appreciate your interest! Now that I know people would be willing to see it go through I am more eager to start working towards its completion.

Old June 24th, 2013 (04:18 PM).
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
@Sovereign: Now my interest is definitely piqued. About the methods of obtaining pokemon, are apricorns a thing there? Also, if there are zeppelins and such, would there also be early guns?
Old June 24th, 2013 (05:45 PM).
MichaelaTheUchiha
Forever Shawol and Aileean

Nature: Adamant
DARKERTHANBLACKRPDARKERTHANBLACKRPDARKERTHANBLACKRP

(faints)

PLEASE SEND ME A VM OR SOMETHING WHEN IT'S ACCEPTED AND OUT BECAUSE I WILL JOIN THAT ASAP AND ASLDKFJAS;DKFJAW;SERLJA

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old June 24th, 2013 (10:17 PM).
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Midnight: A Darker than Black RP has now been submitted :D

Also, I really like your idea Sovereign but I probably won't have time to join.
Old June 25th, 2013 (11:11 AM).
Chalifoux
:: Like FROO-OO-OO-OOT ::
Community Supporter

@Sovereign. STEAMPUNKSTEAMPUNKSTEAMPUNK!
I love Steampunk, all things related to it. I'm obviously inclined to that option, that said :p
Zeppelins and stuff would work very well, especially Pokéballs being the newest thing in the block and whatnot.

I think it's a very exciting concept to explore and if you do post it I will try to join as Eda's successor :p
Or not, we have yet to see ;]

But yes, it's avery fascinating concept and I'm sure it shall be great no matter how you develop it :D

@Rika. First thank you and second... I... probably used your CSS... sorry :p
I was to lazy to do a CSS of my own when gimme asked for it, and yours looked awesome so I thought why not?
But this shall be the only time I will do it xD I swear :3

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita
:: life could not be much sweeter ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old June 25th, 2013 (01:58 PM). Edited June 25th, 2013 by Nebula.
Nebula

@ Garas32 the new Pokéballs would be a form of apricorn molding but just as the basic ball, as they have yet to test other variations, if that is what you were asking? On the subject of guns their technology advances haven't reached as far as small projectile weapons other than bows and slingshots. It could be an idea among people and perhaps in the works but not created in the time that the RP will take place, unfortunately.

@ EliteBeats I appreciate your input! I am more leaning towards that direction and it seems like it might be a popular idea to get people to participate. It would require some research (as do all things) but I think it could be a great addition to the traditional Pokémon world. Thank you very much for your support!

EDIT: There is another idea I have been working towards. I know, two at the same time? Are you crazy? My sentiments exactly. However, I fear this one will take precedence over the previous one (though they both will be accomplished) due to my recent re-watching of The Legend of Korra. I am not sure how many of you here are Avatar fans but I might as well check and see before I go any further.

Spoiler:

▼ We Ask Ourselves
The world is so entranced by the possibilities surrounding one meager phrase that it drives them to a state of madness as they ask themselves over and over again: "what if?" For us, it was the question of what would happen if the man who named himself Amon won against the Avatar. What if he stole her bending and locked her away to never again be seen by the people? What if everyone believed she died, and that their last hope of reclaiming their great city disappeared with her? Amon would round up the benders of Republic City and take from them the very thing that makes them who they are. The non-benders who rallied behind him would bring the city to its knees in what they once called equality.

The ones who somehow escaped his clutches, both benders and non-benders alike, gathered themselves below the city to hide out in hopes of one day taking back what rightfully belonged to everyone.

What if Amon never wanted equality? What if he wanted revenge against that which he saw as the true evil in this world? Taking the city was never enough. He would strive to cleanse the world of what he saw as impurity.

For us, that what if is more than a question. It became our reality. Amon won against those who opposed him. He shattered our way of life and brought upon the city a cruelty unlike any other. However, the time has come for us to once again take arms against this evil. This time we will win. This time we will bring true justice to this nightmare.
You are either a bender or a non-bender who has been wronged by Amon and his followers and you don't believe in his views for the world. You have been living under Republic City in fear of him, and have decided that you will finally face that fear. Someone has been building an army, and you are determined to stand behind them. Water, Fire, Earth, and simple human beings will come together to wage a new war.

Are you ready?

Human beings in a mob. What's a mob to a king? What's a king to a god? What's a god to a nonbeliever?

Old June 25th, 2013 (02:31 PM). Edited June 25th, 2013 by Nathan.
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
So I've been working on my Naruto RP for some good time now. I got a decent plot right now I think. So I'd like it if you guys would read it.
*Warning*There are some very very little spoilers for those who don't read the manga and watch the anime.*Warning*
Spoiler:
The world was devastated in the 4th Ninja War. Both sides were suffering painful losses, heroes died and villages were destroyed. The world was in pain with that war. But the battle was still raging between the Hidden Villages and the Akatsuki. Ninjas were slowly losing with the summoning of the Juubi. But a miracle happened; the previous Hokages appeared along with Team Taka and gave their help to Konoha. This helped the ninjas regain their advantage on the Akatsuki. The war continued for many days until many of the ninjas including the members of Team 7 and the Kages sacrificed themselves in order to seal the Ten Tails away and give the victory to the Ninja World. The war came to an end and slowly the world regained his peaceful state and ninjas were worshipping the heroes that saved them.
Today, the world is in peace. The people regained their happiness and forgot the Ninja War. It was now a legend that the kids studied at school. But this peace was being threatened by some mercenaries known under the name of the Kurotenshi. They are formed of descendants of the former Akatsuki. Their predecessors used to collaborate with the Akatsuki under Pain’s leadership. They developed the same ideals as him and passed them on to their descendants. The ones who received these ideals began intensive training in order to become as strong as the Akatsuki was. They formed their children and generations after, the Kurotenshi was formed with 6 strong ninjas that were all S-Rank criminals. They worshipped Pain and Madara and believed that pain was necessary to achieve peace. Following this idea, they began seeking the Ten Tails. The Kages got word of that and were horrified. They were afraid that what happened on the 4th Ninja War would reproduce itself there. They began immediate mobilization of Chuunin and Jounin troops under the Alliance of Ninjas. They were sending them accomplish different missions everywhere hoping to stop the Kurotenshi from finding the Ten Tails.

What do you guys think of it? It sounds awful?
Notice : dcjboi, I used your CSS. Sowwi.

Sponsored Links