Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old June 25th, 2013 (02:49 PM).
♚ Here's looking at you, kid.

Nature: Relaxed
@ JNathan that is a cool concept! I have only ready a few books of the Manga, and haven't seen a whole lot of the Anime, but I do know the bare bones of the Naruto universe. I think what you have there would make for an interesting rp and, depending on when you get it started, I might be interested in joining! :3

"The energy you put out in this world, whether positive or negative, will come back to meet you someday."

Frequent Lurker of the Roleplay Theatre

Luca & Rosa in Venice: City of Masks

Pairless

Old June 25th, 2013 (02:55 PM).
SOLDIER 1st Class
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Really, great then. I'll try to submit it this week

"
How about one date?"
~Zack Fair,
Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII
Old June 25th, 2013 (03:55 PM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
Will there be jinchuriki?

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old June 25th, 2013 (04:06 PM).
SOLDIER 1st Class
Silver Tier

Nope sir. I don't actually think we'll have them.

"
How about one date?"
~Zack Fair,
Old June 25th, 2013 (04:10 PM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
Shame, yet balanced. I'm in!

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old June 25th, 2013 (04:24 PM). Edited June 25th, 2013 by Arx.
SOLDIER 1st Class
Silver Tier

Thanks for showing your support. Could someone help me for the CSS since I'm not that good at it?
Edit : @Sovereign Your LoK RP is interesting!

"
How about one date?"
~Zack Fair,
Old June 25th, 2013 (05:01 PM).

@ JNathan I would love you help you with the CSS! If you want, PM me so we can work it out? If not I there are plenty of other talented coding people here willing to lend a hand! And thank you, I am glad it is at least intriguing to others!

"The energy you put out in this world, whether positive or negative, will come back to meet you someday."

Pairless

Old June 25th, 2013 (07:34 PM).
In MACs we trust

Had the sudden urge to write a RP... would anyone be interested in a RP like this? This is a rough draft as I have not gone through to check and correct my grammar, spelling, and polishing the story. Wanted to see if there was any interest in a RP like this before putting in more work.

Spoiler:

The Shadow Conglomerate

It’s been 300 years since the Pokemon rebellion was crushed and they were shown that humanity was not to be trifled with, 300 years of progress and peace, and 300 years of carefully weaved lies and deceit used to ensnare this world. The secret organization called the Directorate has succeeded where so many so called “teams” have failed. The Directorate has our entire planet under their iron grasp. The populace kept distracted with violent displays of combat by Pokemon, and various other forms of entertainment. An entire population kept feeling safe by promises of safety and security from their wardens. However if you dare to challenge the lie and step outside the bounds of what your allowed to do then the Directorate will exterminate you without hesitation.

In this time the Directorate has built up a secret army of security police, hundreds of armed drones, a intelligence operation that sees and hears everything, and hundreds of elite trainers swore to protect “their way of life,” and highly advanced war machines capable of wiping out entire cities in the blink of an eye. However they also control all the “puppet” governments of our world and have access to their militias and militaries. Lastly they have control of a small force of genetically altered and mechanically enhanced soldiers only known as the “Wraith.” How do I know all of this?
I used to be a “Wraith”...I’m one of the first ones created and one of few surviving free Symbionics. We were liberated by our creator after we won the Pokemon/Human war for the Directorate. He didn’t want his children to turn into a secret police used to crush all opposition to the Directorate. Discovering this betrayal the Directorate quickly executed our creator and began to systematically exterminate us. We fought back but our numbers were too low from the war, and we were defeated. The remains of the free Symbionic Nation went into hiding. However they continued to pursue us and slowly exterminate us until only I remained.

I have hidden out for 300 years, content to be the only free being amidst a world of slaves for too long. Time to relight the flames of rebellion, then perhaps then I can rest in peace…

Story:

Hidden in shadows a powerful organization known as the Directorate controls the world through puppets, fear, and lies, they control the world with a ruthless iron fist. However almost no one knows of the existence of this power. Most people assume life is the same as it has always been other than some extra security precautions used to protect everyone. Pokemon are kept in careful control to prevent them from ever being a threat. The wild Pokemon population is carefully controlled, while the ones in captivity are kept in Pokeballs that the Directorate manufactures. These Pokeballs drug their inhabitants to make them completely loyal, and ruthless. The Pokemon feel like they have no control of their bodies as their minds follow the orders of those over them without regard for the Pokemon’s own will. Also the Directorate personnel can cause the Pokeballs to lock disallowing the trainers from using their Pokemon if the Directorate’s agents. Also all new trainers are injected with a tracking device to “help them in case they get lost or are hurt by wild Pokemon.” Also with many new combat drugs and potions Pokemon are pushed to the very edges of their limits, and while this makes the battles more intense they are also more brutal. Pokemon are often killed in duels, but thanks to propaganda, most humans don’t care. Pokemon are no longer viewed as friends or companions, but more like vicious tools to be used. The propaganda preaches that these tools will turn on their masters if they ever get the chance, and so the idea of trainer/pokemon bonds is laughed at these days.

To keep trainers in line they must allow the tracking chip and stay in good terms with the officials as all their supplies are made by corporations loyal to the Directorate. The claim is that this method of good standing prevents people such as Team Rocket from ever reforming; it is actually there to insure loyalty to the puppets set up by the Directorate. If a trainer continues to be a problem they simply disappear.

These disappearances are caused by the “Wraiths,” the Directorate’s secret police of genetically created and modified humans. Most Wraiths are more machine than human and all Wraiths have advanced Artificial Intelligence integrated into their minds. Grown from a vat, these soldiers are trained from birth to be the ruthless arm of the Directorate when it is needed. They know only of the Directorate and even if their brainwashing from birth isn’t enough to control them, an advance loyalty program installed in the AI will insure complete loyalty to the Directorate and its goals.

However a rogue Wraith from the first generation, created originally to crush the Pokemon Rebellion 300 years ago. Now he has been secretly planning to set actions into motion that will allow for a new rebellion. His first course of action is recruiting more rebels to his side. This is where you come in… You are a human, Pokemon, or former Wraith who has been freed. Whether by accident or by choice the truth of the world around you has been revealed, and the chains around you are loosened. Now what you do with this freedom is up to you, but know the Directorate will stop at nothing to exterminate the threat you now present to them… Good Luck.

Players:

You can be a normal human/trainer, a Pokemon, or a Wraith. Once the RP starts you will be freed of all “loyalty” insuring pre cautions, and told the truth.

Thoughts?
Old June 25th, 2013 (08:44 PM).
Evil Overlord
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Cosmic Fury
Would anyone care to launch a Civ-type RP based off Pokémon and the Pokémon world?

It's not all about the stats or the fight. It's all about who the characters are, and what they do.
Old June 25th, 2013 (10:38 PM).
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Okay, so the Megaman Battle Network RP will be made, but I am waiting on my buddy to get a new computer so me and him can work out all the small details. Until then I will continue to brainstorm on the overarching concept, characters, and more of the major details. With what I have right now it seems like it could be promising, and hopefully, everyone will like it as much as I do. As an additional note could someone please steer me in the right way (like what website, tips, or anything helpful) to learn some of this CSS stuff? I understand the basics, but I need to develop my abilities with creating boxes, templates, and other stuff that just really makes the initial thread pop.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 25th, 2013 (11:34 PM).
Furude
ModeratorCS

Nature: Mild
Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers gave me an awesome couple of tutorial pages. I'll see if I can find them for you, alternatively you could PM or VM her and see if she can give you the links.

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old June 26th, 2013 (02:25 AM).
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Cosmic Fury:
Would anyone care to launch a Civ-type RP based off Pokémon and the Pokémon world?
If you mean Sid Meyer's Civilization games, I would be interested to launch it up.

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Old June 26th, 2013 (03:11 AM).
Awesome Dragon
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Would anybody be interested in an RP based on Alaegasia from Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle?
Old June 26th, 2013 (03:15 AM).
nine lives one love
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by gimmepie:
Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers gave me an awesome couple of tutorial pages. I'll see if I can find them for you, alternatively you could PM or VM her and see if she can give you the links.
If you mean the post I made, it should be linked to in the RPC rules!

mod of Roleplay Theatre and Pokémon General
paired with seeker, creator of Phoenix Rising
Old June 26th, 2013 (03:28 AM).
ooh...Cake!

Nature: Quirky
Just out of curiosity, would anyone be interesting in a roleplay based in the Mesolithic? So we are talking hunter-gather clans clans (Wolf, Raven, Otter, White bear for example) as well as spirits, mages and various different customs. It will be base on the idea from a series of kids books called Chronicles of Ancient Darkness if people want a better picture of what I am talking about.

(my replacement while a new sig is made )

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old June 26th, 2013 (04:13 AM).
Awesome Dragon
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
@Lokiepie:

That sounds interesting although I've never read those books.
Old June 26th, 2013 (06:17 AM).
:: Lives In SHADES of COOL ::
Silver Tier

@Sovereign. Stop making RPs I love but will have to torture myself in order to make time for them! >.< Actually, no, keep going :p I love the Legend of Korra plus your plot is once again intriguing plus DAT DELICIOUS CSS :o

Stop before I have no more free time xD

@Stingray. I think it's a very interesting concept. And I'm sure it'll garner more interest than it already generates to whoever reads it when it's finished :3

Chalifoux
Lives In Shades Of Cool
:: can't get thru his world ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old June 26th, 2013 (09:08 AM).

@ EliteBeats I am sorry! I can't help it. These ideas have been buzzing around in this head of mine I just had to get them out. I do promise to stop with that though, as the two I have are more than enough for me to deal with for the time being. Oh, and thank you! I love working with CSS... though I can be incredibly frustrating at times.

I'll stop! I promise. However, when they are up and going you have to find that free time to join. It's imperative that you do.

@ Lokiepie I have never heard of those books before, but it sounds interesting enough. I shall have to go look it up to get a better idea of it.

Pairless

Old June 26th, 2013 (10:06 AM).
nine lives one love
ModeratorCS

The Roleplay Library is now up to date.
Can someone remind me to do this more often? xD

Old June 26th, 2013 (11:06 AM).
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
Update the Roleplay Library more often.

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old June 26th, 2013 (11:14 AM).
nine lives one love
ModeratorCS

THANKS I just updated it again. Not much... changed.

:p

Old June 26th, 2013 (11:16 AM).
SOLDIER 1st Class
Silver Tier

Wait are you PGC mod or RPC? I'm confused.

"
How about one date?"
~Zack Fair,
Old June 26th, 2013 (01:57 PM).
:: Lives In SHADES of COOL ::
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
Update...

Now?

jk. Just update when you can and there shall be joy and happiness for ages to come o3o

Quote originally posted by JNathan:
Wait are you PGC mod or RPC? I'm confused.
Pokémon General Mod. Formerly (not anymore, though) a mod of the Roleplay Corner who was followed by Skymin. Bow in front of them, mortals! *bows*
However, Rika's the one that created the new library thread. As such, she's the one that updates it... Unless she decided to have some other mod to ninja edit it.

Chalifoux
Lives In Shades Of Cool
:: can't get thru his world ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old June 26th, 2013 (02:31 PM).
Sylveon

Nature: Modest
Just letting everybody know I'm leaving for vacation on July 8th and probably won't be back til around July 31st, then on August 1st my little brother is having surgery. So during that time I will be inactive in the RP corner. I do have plans for most of my characters to excuse why they are gone for so long, there are a few though that I will alert the GM for those rp's that someone has permission to bunny a character.

Just thought it'd be best to let everyone know this now instead of last minute.
Old June 27th, 2013 (06:15 AM). Edited June 27th, 2013 by Ozymandias.
what a lovely day
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Sooo... Me and GimmePie are soon going to be co-Gming an rp loosely based on the Fate Series :D

Anyways here is the story part of our RP

Spoiler:
[B]
F
A
T
E

O
F

A

N
A
T
I
O
N

-- [/FATE] --
Generations ago the bordering lands of Prometheus and Pandora found themselves warring for power and territory using both normal men and women as well as powerful sorcerers as soldiers. The land was scorched and bodies littered the battlefields but in the end it appeared as though Prometheus would be victorious. Pandora had in their possession something that could change this though – an ancient artefact, now known as Pandora’s Box – that could lay powerful and destructive curses upon the world. In the final days of the Great War between the two nations Pandora unleashed the power of the artefact and decimated the forces of Prometheus, taking much of their territory. Amidst the destruction Pandora’s Box was somehow lost.

In the present day it has been twenty years since archaeologists from Prometheus discovered an ornate gold box containing an enormous power. The dangerous weapon used in the Great War, Pandora’s Box had been found. In the current age of Prometheus there are seven distinct states each of which with a state government vying for full control of Prometheus. To prevent civil wars from erupting a tournament is held every five years in which a representative sorcerer from each of the seven states competes to win guardianship of Pandora’s Box and bring their government into power.

Prometheus couldn’t keep these tournaments a secret from neighbouring Pandora forever though and in secret, behind the safety of their borders, Pandora are beginning to enact plans to retrieve their most prized weapon.

Credits to Elite for formatting xD
And tell us what y'all think!

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)