Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 26th, 2013 (02:59 PM).
<Challenger>
One lean, green, fighting machine

Nature: Jolly
I hope I'm not the only one who does this, but who else goes through the Lounge and looks at the old RP's they've been in to get the nostalgia?
Old July 26th, 2013 (03:02 PM).
Magic
キュウコン

Quote originally posted by heretostay123:
I hope I'm not the only one who does this, but who else goes through the Lounge and looks at the old RP's they've been in to get the nostalgia?
I did that the other day I was looking through my old SS Anne thread, oh the memories.

Nice to notice there are some of the same people around now as well!
Old July 26th, 2013 (05:29 PM).
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
So I'd like to make a new RP. I have a few ideas but am having trouble figuring out what to do with them. Also add in the fact I've not had one successful rp, and I've made plenty of them. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong as a GM. Is there anyone in the RP corner that is willing to help me figure out

1. What I've been doing wrong as a GM,
and
2. To help me get better.
Old July 26th, 2013 (05:31 PM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Nature: Relaxed
I wish I could help but I am lacking horribly in GM experience, but if you want a bouncing board for ideas or a nubcake of a Co-GM when you work on the new one I'd be glad to help in any way I can.
Old July 26th, 2013 (05:35 PM).
Ozymandias
yah, you betcha
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Hmmm... not really an experienced GM but, i'm trying to get Fate/Of a nation on it's feet

The thing with me was that I had a good GM (GP) to help me Co-Gm it and he guided me through a lot of the process and all that stuff
Old July 26th, 2013 (05:37 PM).
amerininja
The Pokemon Professor

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Skymin:
but if anyone's gonna be a saviour, pretty sure it's me or swifty or Supervegeta
I wanna be a hero! sorry this just made me say it but I am wondering would anyone be willing to do an RP based on this:

In the year 2020 scientists and nintendo have come out and are saying that any pokemon fan can now be a trainer. An email is sent to all Trainer Club members inviting them to fill out a form that when sent will allow them to begin their journey. Each player will be randomly given one of the starter pokemon (Gen 1-5), 10 pokeballs, and a trainer card. However only certain pokemon have been released and a revamped and real world Team Rocket planson creating robotic legendary pokemon.

If this is considered a good idea then please do tell me I will try to start up an RP. So what do you guys think?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 26th, 2013 (07:01 PM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

Nature: Quirky
I look over my very first RP every 6 months to remind myself I have come a really long way. and sometimes back on RPs like Focus Shift and The Uprising to remember the friends I made *sappy but true*

Quote originally posted by ~Genevieve~:
So I'd like to make a new RP. I have a few ideas but am having trouble figuring out what to do with them. Also add in the fact I've not had one successful rp, and I've made plenty of them. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong as a GM. Is there anyone in the RP corner that is willing to help me figure out

1. What I've been doing wrong as a GM,
and
2. To help me get better.
I can always try to give advice, but sometimes a Roleplay that doesn't work out isn't always the GMs fault. members who continuously grow inactive is always an issue I face. but sometimes yes, lack of planning brings a Roleplay down.

if you need ideas or another eye to see it over I'm happy to give you a hand :)

Quote originally posted by amerininja:
I wanna be a hero! sorry this just made me say it but I am wondering would anyone be willing to do an RP based on this:

In the year 2020 scientists and nintendo have come out and are saying that any pokemon fan can now be a trainer. An email is sent to all Trainer Club members inviting them to fill out a form that when sent will allow them to begin their journey. Each player will be randomly given one of the starter pokemon (Gen 1-5), 10 pokeballs, and a trainer card. However only certain pokemon have been released and a revamped and real world Team Rocket planson creating robotic legendary pokemon.

If this is considered a good idea then please do tell me I will try to start up an RP. So what do you guys think?
is this... set on earth? or did the scientists also bring land out of the ground to make kanto???
Old July 26th, 2013 (07:06 PM).
Jegretis

I don't quite get the point of it. Why not just create a regular Pokemon RP then. This is essentially just a Pokemon Journey RP, except the players get to travel to real world locations (And maybe absence of gyms, unless those are in the real world). Cus technically, to the characters, they are in the 'real world'.
Old July 26th, 2013 (07:33 PM).
amerininja
The Pokemon Professor

Okay maybe I should elaborate more this RP will have for one a main storyline (The whole RP doesn't have to be about this but it leads into this) The whole real world Team Rocket thinks they are good guys trying to give trainers more and more which nintendo will not do. Second the RP will be set on Earth and will feature alot of events that only our world will most likely ever be able to have. (i.e. PETA and the UN) And lastly there will be multiple "release zones" (sorta like regions but more contained and are the only places that most pokemon will be (weak ones like birds will be outside the zones at times))

Hope I clarified some things

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 26th, 2013 (07:39 PM).
Jegretis

I see. Yes it clarified some things, but I think adding real organizations like PETA and the UN may cause problems...

Well, if you think you can do it, then you should do it lol.
Old July 26th, 2013 (07:41 PM).
Chalifoux
:: Lives In SHADES of COOL ::
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
We need a hero, we're holding out for a hero till the end of the night.
They've gotta be strong and they've gotta be fresh and they've gotta be larger than life...

I'm sorry, I had to do it...
@Genevieve. I don't think you're doing anything wrong. A lot of RPs die because the RPers become inactive, so... yeah. Is nochur fault :3

If you ever need help with anything I could help, with anything really :] But a lot of people who could give better advice have also offered to help -cough, maddy, cough-, so... yeah :3

@amerininja. That concept you have looks interesting... But I think it's pointless to just give Pokemon to people over the Internet for no apparent reason. Why is Nintendo even giving Pokemon out? How exactly did Pokemon appear in our world? Where is the RP set? Are there gyms? E4? So on and so forth. Why robotic Pokemon? Are real legendaries not an option for this Team Rocket? why? Your concept is intriguing, but it could use some development :3

Chalifoux
Lives In Shades Of Cool
:: can't get thru his world ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 26th, 2013 (07:50 PM).
amerininja
The Pokemon Professor

@ Elitebeats
Yeah I was just wondering if I should even start actually develop this any more at all I won't be dome till like next week. So yeah next week I will send in the IC and OOC for approval or rejection.

Old July 27th, 2013 (04:37 AM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

@ Elitebeats
Yeah I was just wondering if I should even start actually develop this any more at all I won't be dome till like next week. So yeah next week I will send in the IC and OOC for approval or rejection. :)
Maybe spend a little more than a week with it. Give it time to fester and develop. Observe the world around you. How would it react in such a situation? Is it realistic? Because you're basing it on Earth, all reactions by 'governments' and organisations have to be validated by motive and reason. You gotta tread carefully when working with the real world. ;)
Old July 27th, 2013 (05:19 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Advertising for my new RP: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305601

Well, not technically new, but, it's been revamped so that everything will run smoother~ ^^

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old July 28th, 2013 (05:20 AM).
<Challenger>

Alright everybody...How would everybody feel about a Dragon Ball roleplay? Just a thought that I've had recently, mainly because I want use the "Just....Saiyan. AAHHHHHHHH YEAAAHHHHH!" thing, but legitly. Who would be interested?
Old July 28th, 2013 (06:25 AM).
Arx
prince
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Arx
Alright everybody...How would everybody feel about a Dragon Ball roleplay? Just a thought that I've had recently, mainly because I want use the "Just....Saiyan. AAHHHHHHHH YEAAAHHHHH!" thing, but legitly. Who would be interested?
Omfg me! There's also me and again me!
Old July 28th, 2013 (09:41 AM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

I'd definitely be interested in a Dragon Ball RP. I actually just started rewatching Z again from the halfway point, and I'm ready to see EXTREME CAR DRIVING!
Old July 28th, 2013 (09:45 AM).
<Challenger>

@Machomuu: That reminds of of a seen from DBZ abridged.
Goku: Wanna drive cars?
Piccolo: Bi***in!

But if somebody were to work with me with the story and Co-GM I would gladly go through with it.
Old July 28th, 2013 (12:24 PM). Edited July 28th, 2013 by Chalifoux.
Chalifoux
:: Lives In SHADES of COOL ::
Community Supporter

@heretostay123. As long as you can create mechanics that ensure no one will have a Ki of over 9000 before their first post it should all be okay. Also plot. What would be the plot of that RP? :?

I could help if you want, too :3
But I think several other people could do a better job xD

Chalifoux
Lives In Shades Of Cool
:: can't get thru his world ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 28th, 2013 (01:16 PM).
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

Attack on Titan RP.

How does that sound? :3
Old July 28th, 2013 (01:21 PM).
<Challenger>

Well, I'm thinking the general plot line takes place in the future, after all the Z Fighters have passed on. I don't care if they are immortal. They're dead and the dragon balls cannot be used on them anymore. I don't really know who the main villain will be.
Old July 28th, 2013 (01:23 PM).
Magic
キュウコン

I know nothing about dragonball but Scyke please please please?! :o
Old July 28th, 2013 (01:25 PM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Duuude, an Attack on Titan RP sounds amazing; please do one. ;__;

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old July 28th, 2013 (01:25 PM).
Arx
prince
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Arx
Good plot writer is me. I can help make the plot hereto.
Also idek what is Attack on Titans.
Edit : wtf double-ninja'd for AoT.
Old July 28th, 2013 (01:28 PM).
<Challenger>

That would be great J-Dog!

Also I know nothing of Attack on Titan either

Sponsored Links