The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner Go here to Roleplay (RP) about ANYTHING. Enjoy joining and creating RPs.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Magic
vulpesvulpesvulpesvulpes

Quality over quantity, my dear Mac.

I think Sir Bastian and Megan have the longest post I've seen in a while though.
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
Hmm...I am not sure if I'm gonna pull it off and not sure how much time will it consume, but I am seriously reconsidering reviving my Super Smash Bros roleplay. I think I know how to make it work again...maybe a new plot. lol

and will add in new characters Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer and that Village Kid from Animal Crossing :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post

I think Sir Bastian and Megan have the longest post I've seen in a while though.
& he was just texting me saying that he had the longest one.

sorry sweetheart but i beat you kthxbai <3
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
My longest post...

Here we are; My First post in an RP called Arcanum. I miss this RP. So. Much. ;___;

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Magic
vulpesvulpesvulpesvulpes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
My longest post...

Here we are; My First post in an RP called Arcanum. I miss this RP. So. Much. ;___;
Jeez Shawn is that a post or a novel?

I clock that at over 3,500. Everyone else might as well sit in the corner of shame for a while.
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:28 AM
<Challenger>
Live with the flow, baby!

Nature: Jolly
Mine is only like 800 words...To the corner of shame! XD

"Guys who don't appreciate a nice set of hips are about as good as preschoolers."
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:40 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
My longest post. Hmmm. It's probably my first post from The Original Prelude.

at 1929 words.
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Magic
vulpesvulpesvulpesvulpes

From my work in progress, the background information:
Spoiler:
MEGAFaker© are one of the largest gaming companies in the world. In this parallel universe, they have successfully displaced all other game developers and completely monopolise the market. Their chairman, not satisfied with the the lack of competition, has embarked on a new aim - to create the ultimate gaming experience.

A game where your freedom is on the line.

The megalomaniac's wishes game true when a budding games engineer, Professor O. Akerberry, proposed a social experiment - utilising the company's newest project, Pocket-Link, and putting some unwilling students through their paces.

Pocket-Link, or PokéLINK as it was more commonly known, was a rehash of a failed classic - Pocket Monsters. However, instead of the old single player version, the professor had adapted it to form an online, multiplayer experience.

The game, rigged up in every cell-like room, pushed the players to complete task after task. Working together, and sometimes competing, for prizes and luxuries. The prisoners have little choice but to play - without levelling they are refused food and water; only those that complete the game will walk free.

It didn't take long for MEGAFaker© to pick its targets. A nearby, international university was bustling with students - six missing wouldn't cause much of a stir, and could go unnoticed for weeks.

With that, a new game was ready to begin.
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:35 PM
<Challenger>

Well Swifty, that sounded really awesome at first. Then I got to the part where they were refused food and water. Then it got even better! XD But foh real. Very excellent sounding.

"Guys who don't appreciate a nice set of hips are about as good as preschoolers."
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Cordelia
LIMITLESS

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
Hmm...I am not sure if I'm gonna pull it off and not sure how much time will it consume, but I am seriously reconsidering reviving my Super Smash Bros roleplay. I think I know how to make it work again...maybe a new plot. lol

and will add in new characters Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer and that Village Kid from Animal Crossing :3

& he was just texting me saying that he had the longest one.

sorry sweetheart but i beat you kthxbai <3
I AM ASHAMED OF MYSELF! And yes, I do agree quality over quantity, which is why I don't post that often .xD

Seraph Robe

Elixir

House of Ylisse

Loyalty, Strength, Honor.

Old August 7th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Nakuzami
Together . . . always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
My longest post...

I totally remember seeing that post and then not reading it because the length scared me. Lol
Aaaah, that was the only roleplay I've ever used Melody in. She . . . she's a totally different character now, though. That interesting personality of hers got shifted over to her twin sister, lol. Now she's a mute.

My longest post? . . . I have noooooo idea.
But, while searching through some of my posts a second ago, I realized that the latest Pokemon Odyssey is almost two years old and counting. . . . Oh my. ._.;

And, as for the topic before that . . . um, I'm not sure which I'd prefer playing as. Both have their pros and cons. . . . I've played as both in multiple roleplays, and I love a lot of my characters from both sides. It's . . . well, I suppose it doesn't really matter to me. Of course, we're all more familiar with how humans work, but when it comes to making a character---a unique personality that you can enjoy playing as---it doesn't really matter what skin holds them together.
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Magic
vulpesvulpesvulpesvulpes

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Well Swifty, that sounded really awesome at first. Then I got to the part where they were refused food and water. Then it got even better! XD But foh real. Very excellent sounding.
Aha thanks! Although I would hope that people would rather post than miss out and get their character punished XD.
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:26 PM
ℛesolution ❦
PUPPYCAT!

Nature: Timid
MEGAFaker?! xD No wonder why they didn't ask their victims for permission lol
Names aside, it sounds like a very awesome idea and would love to join/follow and RP that resolves around a fictional Pokemon world instead of actually being in a world full of Pokemon :3
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:57 PM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Nature: Relaxed
My largest post...if I had to guess...is probably this one, from Skymin's Pandora. I remember thinking it to be so long that I ended up using a font that was half as large as my current roleplay font. I think that one comes to 2,781 words.

I miss Rin, and Pandora ;_;

Last edited by machomuu; August 7th, 2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:19 PM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

I can't believe I've been here long enough to see Pokemon Trainer Academy starting to hit the wall. That's a little depressing...

I hope it doesn't die off, PTA has been the RP Corner's central hub for quite a long time now!
Old August 8th, 2013, 12:48 AM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Send a message via Skype™ to PinkSapphire
Now you mention it… you're right!!

Everyone who joined PTA! Let's post?!
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old August 8th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Magic
vulpesvulpesvulpesvulpes

It had three posts yesterday, might be slower than usual but it's hardly dying XD.
Old August 8th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Skymin
the knight

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
My largest post...if I had to guess...is probably this one, from Skymin's Pandora. I remember thinking it to be so long that I ended up using a font that was half as large as my current roleplay font. I think that one comes to 2,781 words.

I miss Rin, and Pandora ;_;
haha i miss pandora too!!

im not sure where, but i'm sure my longest posts have to be in atlantis somewhere. or aerion. i write some monsters for that. i do remember writing a 4000 word post somewhere in the old atlantis arising... but im too tired to go looking for it. d:

GOODBYE MY FRIENDS ILL MISS YOU :'( / being human finale
my art blogi'll draw your character for $5!tumblr
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner / Atlantis Awakening / Paired with firelordyago
Old August 8th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Nature: Naive
@ Doronjo and anyone - oh my god I miss Arcanum too. That region <3

Also, I miss THIS. My most fun character ever, for no particular reason at all.

And I'm not sure this is my VERY longest post, and I'm not sure if it rivals the posts of you guys, because I'm usually not bunching together dialogue in fat paragraphs (I prefer to have dialogue neatly separated from other text), but it sure isn't short. And to date it is probably my most exciting post I've written. Maybe. At the time I wrote it at least ^^ 3303 words.

I guess this also comes close, but that's because it holds lots of things to different characters in it ^^ 3216 words. Also quite a thrilling post to write. We sure have had our golden days here~ Hopefully some are yet to come, as well.

trust me, I am the Doctor !
Auspistice | Matesprit | Moirail | Kismesis

Last edited by Doctor; August 8th, 2013 at 05:31 AM.
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
Just throwing it out there: how would anyone feel about a competitive roleplay version of Super Smash Bros? I might need help, but if all possible I can handle it with all the time I have. xD

Competitive roleplay = Swifty discussed this earlier last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
Now you mention it… you're right!!

Everyone who joined PTA! Let's post?!
I completely forgot about that roleplay. My bad. ;;

I blame Glided Halls, and distractions.
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:51 AM
ℛesolution ❦
PUPPYCAT!

Hmm. Competitive Smash Bros? Maybe you could do it semi cooperative in the sense of having a mutual goal... or something? I dunno. I could help brainstorm ideas or whatever if you want :] What would the plot be for this iteration? :o
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:56 AM
<Challenger>

I would be interested in the competitive smash hros. I have a question. Will We have to use canon characters?

Old August 8th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Retro Bug
the apex predator

Send a message via Skype™ to Retro Bug
Longest post you say? That's 5, 690 words (~5, 300 without the featuring part). My god, the ending paragraph.

Am I allowed the title now?

Delta Mayor | Random VMs are dragtastical. | Paired W/: CarefulWetPaint

Last edited by Retro Bug; August 8th, 2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old August 8th, 2013, 12:29 PM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Nature: Relaxed
After seeing all these long posts, I feel so small and insignificant ._.
Old August 9th, 2013, 03:45 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

There is still one open spot in my RP ~Celestial League~.

also, everyone writes such long posts I've never gone past around 2,000 words.
Old August 9th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
After seeing all these long posts, I feel so small and insignificant ._.
We all are. Just detritus attached to a dying rock that's falling through a space infinitely beyond our ken.

Also; over five thousand words. I believe it was in a failed Pokemon RP where the characters in the real world were taken into the Pokemon world.

Sponsored Links