Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old June 3rd, 2011 (06:55 PM).
Nakuzami
Okay.
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Skymin:
yup, but i think expecting each person to have 2 characters each is just far too much. people have enough trouble remembering one! keep it simple, not too complicated if you dont want to get it out of hand. also, having many members is also open for them to continuously twist your main plot.
Well, I wouldn't expect them to havee more than one character, but I would keep the option open...

...well, maybe there could be two regions being travelled at once? Three RPers in each region(although i'd be one of them, so i'd accept five RPers)? That way they're not too spread out, but it won't take forever. And then when everyone moves on to their second region, the two groups of RPers would be switched up...Example:

First Region:
Bob + Joe + Mary travel Kanto
Kyle + Jill + Kate travel Johto
Second Region:
Bob + Jill + Kate travel Hoenn
Joe + Mary + Kyle travel Sinnoh
Third Region:
Bob + Joe + Mary + Kyle + Jill + Kate travel Unova

That way most of the characters meet each other and all of the regions are travelled, in half the time.

Quote originally posted by Skymin:
even 5 of each is too much! you remember that they have to travel to each location. think of focus shift! how long did it take us to get from that island, to slateport, to somewhere else yadda yadda. how long did it take us to get back onto storyline track?
You... have a point there.
Okay, maybe two Life Gems and two Death Gems? Then the exploration teams could consist of:
RPer + RPer go after Life Gem 1
RPer + NPC go after Life Gem 2
RPer + RPer go after Death Gem 1
RPer + NPC go after Death Gem 2

Would that work better? All the RPers would be in an exploration association of some sort, so they'd all interact, even if their goals are different. Also, what do you think this 'evil' pokemon should be? Nothing too cliche please ;P
Old June 4th, 2011 (10:44 AM).
The Mega Champion
Strategist

Send a message via Skype™ to The Mega Champion
I WANT to participate in an RP...

Especially since I've been really bored...

HOWEVER...

I'm kind of picky when it comes to RP's...

I don't like starting from scratch and being FORCED to pick starters. That's just... no. Just no.

Also... I've been saving one of my RP characters to use that has been unable to stay for a fully completed RP.

In fact... in terms of RPs I've been in...

Basically NONE of the RPs I've participated in completed and were all canceled before they reached a true "end."

It's like I'm jinxed or something...

:'-(

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5.

2015 for PS3 & PS4

Old June 4th, 2011 (11:03 AM). Edited June 4th, 2011 by Eeveemaster9.
Eeveemaster9
Years of Lies

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveemaster9
Nakuzami@
For your "Journey Through The Dark" rp, I suggest that there are about 4-5 rpers, BUT. They start out in a region that is the least taken over. Once they're finished there, perhaps the second could be taken back by rebelling trainers. Third, the rebels and the Team of Light would help eachother out. Final one that is completely overrun, Team Light. Perhaps?

If you have ever read the third book in the Hunger Games, it would work like that.

Spoiler for the book:

Spoiler:

The region which is completely taken over, would be the final objective. Think of it as The Capitol. There, it will turn into a sort of 'Spy' rp, as you gather up the remaining trainers, form an army, and break into the main base.
Old June 4th, 2011 (02:17 PM).
Nakuzami
Okay.
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by The Mega Champion:

Basically NONE of the RPs I've participated in completed and were all canceled before they reached a true "end."

No, it's not you. I haven't seen a single RP here that has been finished... or at least, I'm pretty sure I haven't.

Quote originally posted by Eeveemaster9:
Nakuzami@
For your "Journey Through The Dark" rp, I suggest that there are about 4-5 rpers, BUT. They start out in a region that is the least taken over. Once they're finished there, perhaps the second could be taken back by rebelling trainers. Third, the rebels and the Team of Light would help eachother out. Final one that is completely overrun, Team Light. Perhaps?

If you have ever read the third book in the Hunger Games, it would work like that.

Spoiler for the book:

Spoiler:

The region which is completely taken over, would be the final objective. Think of it as The Capitol. There, it will turn into a sort of 'Spy' rp, as you gather up the remaining trainers, form an army, and break into the main base.
I-I didn't think of that... that just might work...
IN THAT CASE:
That would probably mean we'd only completely travel two regions, so which two would you (peoplez in general) like to travel?
Old June 4th, 2011 (03:05 PM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by The Mega Champion:
I WANT to participate in an RP...

Especially since I've been really bored...

HOWEVER...

I'm kind of picky when it comes to RP's...

I don't like starting from scratch and being FORCED to pick starters. That's just... no. Just no.

Also... I've been saving one of my RP characters to use that has been unable to stay for a fully completed RP.

:'-(
Well if you join mine when it goes up, If you're willing to keep posting, i'm willing to stay to the end d:

Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:

No, it's not you. I haven't seen a single RP here that has been finished... or at least, I'm pretty sure I haven't.
I've been in ones that has finished and sequel'd. The uprising! (i'm not in it anymore though)
Old June 4th, 2011 (03:14 PM).
Zeph.
Casual Player, Silly Username

Nature: Lax
The key to any RPs survival is dedicated RPers. For that I believe the plot needs to be very solid.

Just my 2 cents xD

/ω´ 3`)。
Old June 4th, 2011 (04:42 PM).
Yagerbomb
←Apple Jack

Nature: Relaxed
Even though I have an RP going already, I thought of a good idea for an RP for whoever would want to expand on it. A RP set in the Wild West.

Team Apple Jack My RP -Star Wars: A Republic Dark Age

RP's I am In:

New World Order as Arro Malthesis
Old June 4th, 2011 (05:32 PM).
Aura.Lucario
The Rivers will run red....

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Yahoo to Aura.Lucario
@ Yagerbomb. I've started an RP about the Wild West about two months ago. Nobody signed up. maybe people don't like the west. or maybe my plot sucks.

The most Caring Girlfriend/Pair Ever

PC Brothers:
SuperVegeta
[ silver ]
Miju-kun
Diamond1304/
Blaziken15
Rustymenon
InkHeart

PC Sisters:
Marina E. silver
Mzmingle
FlurryTheGlaceon
XxSweetDreamsxX

PC Family

FanFic
CSS

Old June 4th, 2011 (06:44 PM).
Eeveemaster9
Years of Lies

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveemaster9
Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:
I-I didn't think of that... that just might work...
IN THAT CASE:
That would probably mean we'd only completely travel two regions, so which two would you (peoplez in general) like to travel?
Because only I would think of something that epic xD *Prideful*

Hm. Hoenh needs some love...And Unova.
Old June 5th, 2011 (03:15 AM).
rustymenon
Master of Illusions

Quote originally posted by Aura.Lucario:
@ Yagerbomb. I've started an RP about the Wild West about two months ago. Nobody signed up. maybe people don't like the west. or maybe my plot sucks.
What's the name?

Anyways, Wild West would probably be good. Being bounty hunters and all.
Old June 5th, 2011 (03:39 AM).
Aura.Lucario

it's called Pokemon Wild West. Don't remind me...it never took off. Not enough people joined .

I had the bounty hunter system in that RP. but I guess the Wild West ain't that popular here. Well...since i'm your PC brother and all...if you want to make one, I can help maybe my old plot can help you a little

PC Brothers:
SuperVegeta
[ silver ]
Miju-kun
Diamond1304/
Blaziken15
Rustymenon
InkHeart

PC Sisters:
Marina E. silver
Mzmingle
FlurryTheGlaceon
XxSweetDreamsxX

PC Family

FanFic
CSS

Old June 5th, 2011 (06:16 AM).
Blaziken15
You gotta purty mouth!

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blaziken15
Advertising Alert!

I have a new RP called Pirates of the Whirl Islands. You are a Pokemon who is a pirate and you go on a quest to find the sacred Silver Chest inside the Whirl Islands that is gaurded by the ruler of the sea, Lugia.

Four spots open because three are reserved.
Old June 5th, 2011 (06:25 AM).
Roserade
Proud Member of the PQ.

I have an idea for a new RP. Maybe it's been done before, I don't know. But it takes place in the Earth region, Pangaea, you know the one where all the continents came from. But it's still modern, with NYC, Bollywood, places like that. These big, recognizable places are where the gyms would be located.

What I think would be cool, was if this was like, the intro to the Pokemon world. Like, there could be an evil group terrorizing them, so they say that they will only travel with children. And maybe the creation of Pokeballs is made by the evil group. The idea of battling and gyms could be introduced and you would travel great lengths, by plane/train/boat/foot. The continents could slowly be moving away because of the evil group and create Kanto and Johto. What do you think?
Old June 5th, 2011 (07:32 AM).
MichaelaTheUchiha
Forever Shawol and Aileean

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Roserade:
I have an idea for a new RP. Maybe it's been done before, I don't know. But it takes place in the Earth region, Pangaea, you know the one where all the continents came from. But it's still modern, with NYC, Bollywood, places like that. These big, recognizable places are where the gyms would be located.

What I think would be cool, was if this was like, the intro to the Pokemon world. Like, there could be an evil group terrorizing them, so they say that they will only travel with children. And maybe the creation of Pokeballs is made by the evil group. The idea of battling and gyms could be introduced and you would travel great lengths, by plane/train/boat/foot. The continents could slowly be moving away because of the evil group and create Kanto and Johto. What do you think?
Sounds interesting. I might join that RP if it actually appears. XD

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old June 5th, 2011 (08:42 PM).
Yagerbomb
←Apple Jack

@Aura.Lucario,Rustymenon: I was thinking of an RP close to the lines of the game Red Dead Redemption.

Team Apple Jack My RP -Star Wars: A Republic Dark Age

RP's I am In:

New World Order as Arro Malthesis
Old June 6th, 2011 (01:16 AM).
adventure
e v e r y s t o r y

Nature: Naive
I recently saw Rango, so a wild west RP would be nice, I think 8D

Just wanted to say that I'm back from my weekend off. Hi, everybody.
Old June 6th, 2011 (03:19 AM).
SV
It was justified

It's my birthday today, and as such, I request for my present for 3 people to join Blaziken15's new RP "Pirates of the Whirl Islands" :D Just kidding, but really, check it out if you guys want.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old June 6th, 2011 (03:22 AM).
MichaelaTheUchiha

Hello RHCP. =D Welcome back!

I didn't even feel the stalkerish stares of the h-team. (banned)

Old June 6th, 2011 (03:32 AM).
Aura.Lucario

don't forget to add my RP War Between Pokemon & Humans to your request list, Vegeta. I know YOU LIKE IT! xD

PC Brothers:
SuperVegeta
[ silver ]
Miju-kun
Diamond1304/
Blaziken15
Rustymenon
InkHeart

PC Sisters:
Marina E. silver
Mzmingle
FlurryTheGlaceon
XxSweetDreamsxX

PC Family

FanFic
CSS

Old June 6th, 2011 (11:24 AM).
Nakuzami
Okay.
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Supervegeta:
It's my birthday today, and as such, I request for my present for 3 people to join Blaziken15's new RP "Pirates of the Whirl Islands" :D Just kidding, but really, check it out if you guys want.
Perhaps I should submit my new RPs today just so I could say that?
But... I might submit one soon, and if it dies as quickly as the last (what happened there?) I WILL BE MAD AND MY SQUADRON OF ANRY LLAMAS WILL SPIT ON YOU ALL!!!!! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
... ... ...but, seriously, it will make me mad -.-'
Old June 6th, 2011 (01:31 PM).
SV
It was justified

I've been around RPing on PC since February, and I have to say, I haven't seen a single RP get finished. Most die. Well, actually all die. I plan to change that with my RP. I will finish it. I'm so determined, I've put all my other RP ideas aside until it is finished, and focus just on it. For all of you who are still with me, I ask for your continued support and your activeness. By the way its going, this RP should be done sometime at the end of July. Then I can start my other RP ideas...Wish me luck!

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old June 6th, 2011 (01:49 PM).
The_Original_Raitan
West Side

^ I wish you good luck sir! *Salutes*

Anywayz, would anyone here be up for a Roleplay about an interregional tournament? I have thought of ways they could work......Feedback pwease~!
Old June 6th, 2011 (01:52 PM).
FourCartridge

One of the RPs I tried to start was kinda like that, with the twist that it was a Mario crossover, with the various species from those games also competing. No one signed up, but if you want to join to see if other people want to, go ahead.
Old June 6th, 2011 (03:27 PM).
Cooker
As free as my hair

Nature: Sassy
I know they're kind of common but I haven't seen a Harry Potter RP around here for a while [meaning I searched for when the last one was; I haven't actual been around on this site too long]. Anyways, I'm reading GOF and am jacked for the next movie and so I'm constantly in an HP mood, so I kinda want to start a Hogwarts RP... But I'm not really sure how to develop a defined plot around that. Like would it be too boring and lacking in plot to just have people go through the school year in whatever year they please mainly interacting with other students and experiencing the magic world, with occasional balls and organized Order/Death Eater skirmishes? Or would it be more plausible to gear the entire RP around being in the Order and constantly on missions fighting DE's? But that might just be too...strict and not offer that much freedom for RP'ing, ya dig? Would anyone even want to join something like those?

So the dilemma: chance the RP being too loose and uneventful, or too strict and high action/intense, or scrap it all together?

Woo for questions.

||I’m a soldier to my own emptiness||
||I am a winner||
Old June 6th, 2011 (03:44 PM).
MichaelaTheUchiha

Technically, it is most RPs die, not all. I think I've heard of one that was completed and had a sequel. Forget the name, I saw the sequel and I wanted to join it, but I didn't since I had no idea about what was going on. XD

I wouldn't mind joining a Harry Potter RP. Perhaps have a mixture of both, Hogwarts plus Order. Hmmm, now I have a pretty good idea. XD Want to co-own if you feel like making the RP?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links