The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 24th, 2013, 03:07 AM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
I too would like to join a 6 gen roleplay. I think that would be amazingly fun. Sir Bastian's idea of roleplaying as a Pokemon is pretty good. If someone makes one, odds are I'll join it.
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:31 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
I've come back in time to update The Pokemon Trainer's Academy with Gen 6 characters and pokemon~ Hopefully my muse holds up long enough for me to actually get some meaningful roleplaying done myself. I'm also beginning to ponder the end of the academy, how it'll be handled and how I'll make it work. I want to say it'll end before 2014 ends, very vaguely, but right now that's rather unclear.
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Adventure
thief . of . light

Nature: Naive
Ah, the end of Pokémon Trainer Academy. Never thought it would end, it might leave a hole in the section, haha.

Quite few RPs have been accepted this past month. Maybe people are busy playing X/Y ;)

New This Month - the RPs that have been accepted by the mod since roughly one month back.

Old October 24th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Perplexity
The Crazy One

Nature: Sassy
I really should pick up X/Y. I keep hearing it's fantastic.

I can't imagine the end of Academy being upon us. Even distantly it seems weird to think about...
Old October 24th, 2013, 10:30 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

A 'long' time ago I promised the members of PTA that at some point in the distant future PTA would end and that each character would receive endings customized to their personal story arcs. I don't plan on going back on that. The only questions remaining unanswered are 'when' and 'how'~

@Perplexity: It really is. It's the closest thing to the Pokemon MMO we've all been wanting yet with graphics far, far exceeding previous generations and beautiful new gameplay mechanics. Some of the new pokemon are awesome too. The music, especially battle music, hassn't been this good since RSE.
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Nature: Relaxed
@ Chibi Pelippers Hmmm quite, not only have few been accepted but I know for a fact that mine at least if none of the others is having serious recruitment problems. We don't even have half the people needed for me to submit the IC yet. It's a shame, me and my wonderful co-GMs already have a nice long IC Opening post ready and everything.

@ Perplexity Yeah, I've really been wanting to play X and Y lately because my friend won't shutup about how great it is. But I have no 3DS and no money hehe. Apparently my overly generous friend wants to spend half a paycheck on getting me one though so that's...nice. I'm glad to have such a good friend but... I feel guilty XD

By the way, now that you're back please take a look at Wings of Fate and see if you're interested, we need more peeps.
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
On the subject of new RPs, I should be submitting The Buster Warriors around the end of the month.

Old October 24th, 2013, 01:40 PM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNathan View Post
On the subject of new RPs, I should be submitting The Buster Warriors around the end of the month.
Is it Megaman? I'm guilty of shamelessly-not-tracking the Roleplay Discussion Thread.

On another note, I'm currently devising a bunch of RPs. I already know which one I'm submitting the soonest, so I won't mention it again I have it near-release or submission or whatever you'd like to call it.

But there is something I've been wondering: Would anyone perchance be interested in a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann RP? I've been finding that it wouldn't be hard to cover at least the first half of the series, but this isn't something I'd be willing to make. Not because I wouldn't want to, but because I barely have time for posting in itself, let alone devising for another RP for a while.

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
@DLM : No, it's an original that I thought up.
Spoiler:

The Buster Warriors

This RP is set in the year 3020 by the way.

Prologue

We are in year 3015. Technology had attained very high summits by then. It was now a common thing to see robots in the society. There were two generations of them : the A1000 and the A2000. The A1000 were mostly constructed for domestic purposes, thus their weapon system wasn't very advanced. But the A2000 were popular for their weapons and they were equipped with a program that allowed them to make a difference between who to kill and who to spare, hoping this would restrict their hostile behavior. But apparently some people were not very pleased by this sudden burst of technology. They were too conservative to accept the changes that were happening. They said that humanity went too far and deserved to be punished. These anti-tech people started preaching through social networks and the internet asking for people to stop "following the evil" so they could be spared by the hand of God as they said. Some people actually believed and followed their cause but some others thought it was just someone seeking attention. Until October the 3rd when what they called "The TechPocalypse" started. The anti-tech group, that dubbed themselves Tetra, launched a virus that was to affect all the A2000. This virus caused a bug that broke the detection program causing the A2000 to identify all the humans as hostile organisms. Then the massive killing started. Robots were killing humans mercilessly, some of them managed to survive but most didn't. By 3018, 80% of the population was dead. Even when things looked bad, the scientists didn't give in to despair and continued working on a way to save the rest of humanity. By 3019, the Buster Suit was created. That suit, which was basically an armor, was created specifically to fight A2000. It possessed a powerful machine gun and came along a Buster Weapon that could be a sword, a gun, a staff, etc... They could use special abilities and attacks depending on which Buster Element they chose. Those could range from Fire, Water, Wind, Lightning, Earth, Dark and Light. Of course, they wouldn't be able to use and manipulate these at once. That's why a Buster Academy was created to instruct the ones chosen to be the Buster Warriors. But the suits were limited as in not everyone could use them. Individuals under 25 years weren't able and the scientist didn't want any minors to use it. Finally 10(?) were chosen to be trained to accomplish the hard task of saving the world.

Old October 24th, 2013, 02:52 PM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Oh, cool.

That sounds too awesome to pass up! I had a similar idea once, so I'd love to be involved.

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:20 PM
<Challenger>

You already have my support (As you know), J-Dog. I'll be signing up.
Old October 24th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sephear View Post
@ Chibi Pelippers Hmmm quite, not only have few been accepted but I know for a fact that mine at least if none of the others is having serious recruitment problems. We don't even have half the people needed for me to submit the IC yet. It's a shame, me and my wonderful co-GMs already have a nice long IC Opening post ready and everything.

Yep looks like activity has dropped a bit. I would imagine that is because (for the majority of the world) this is the first term back in school, so is busy and a bit pressurised. It's a shame we can't keep the constant buzz of the summer holidays.

Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon.

It may drop out of the sky suddenly. If attacked by a Spearow, it will violently shake its leaves.
Old October 25th, 2013, 01:35 AM
Adventure
thief . of . light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Fox View Post
Yep looks like activity has dropped a bit. I would imagine that is because (for the majority of the world) this is the first term back in school, so is busy and a bit pressurised. It's a shame we can't keep the constant buzz of the summer holidays.
Probably. I am only on one (active) RP at the moment. I did the unthinkable and let the others die ;; I should need to join something more now, to get my creative juices going. I'm straining myself to not submit a RP of my own, it would be better to join something existing in this stage.

That Sekrei RP looks interesting, but I'm not sure I fully enjoy the concept. I think I'd want to do like many others have said here, play as a pokémon. Which is interesting, as normally I don't enjoy that very much.

@ JNathan - that looks really cool. Could be a very entertaining RP! I hope you will submit it and I shall think about trying to join.
Old October 25th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Well we could make changes and/or exceptions for people who are awesome :D Always willing to accept any critiques. I just hope we get more SUs soon.
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Magic

Approvals are coming tomorrow. Sorry for the delay people but I've had a busy week.

Looking for people who are interested in co-GMing a Kalos Roleplay. Details in spoiler, subject to change.

Spoiler:

Café Rouge

A Kalos Adventure || OOC Thread

Introduction:
"Welcome to Café Rouge, an exclusive restaurant in the capital of the Kalos Region - Lumiose City. It's all about the style here in Kalos, we don't let any old trainer into our private club."

"Our members are the elite of society. You've seen the new range of sunglasses? Sponsored by us! Our tailoring business is kicking off too, orange suits are all the range. We've even got contacts in our Gym Leader's new and upcoming technology."

"So you want in? I knew you would. Let's take over the worl- take over... er... Oh! There will be some other new members arriving soon - why not take a seat?"

You've infiltrated Café Rouge. You wait for your comrades to arrive. It has taken months for Professor Sycamore to get trainers in to Team Flare's base, cleverly disguised as a café, but finally he has eyes and ears within the facility.

The hidden earpiece buzzed in your ear.

"Team A gaining access, Team B stand by."
You:
You're an established trainer from Kalos. You can be of any age, and of varying experience, but you're not yet famous. You have one, two, or many even more Kalos League Badges and have good knowledge of both Pokémon and battling.

You were summoned by Professor Sycamore, who has heard of your prowess from the Gym Leaders around the region. He gathered a number of trainers together to make two, individual task forces. Team Alpha is a group of spies, whereas Team Beta are the direct assault team - ready to take on Flare's increasingly dangerous activities.

Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon.

It may drop out of the sky suddenly. If attacked by a Spearow, it will violently shake its leaves.

Last edited by Magic; October 25th, 2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Dragon
TARGET: eliminated

Nature: Modest
Hey, I'd love to help CO-GM! I've been wanting to get my feet wet back to RPing anyhow~

"There's no way I'll die here!"
Guides -> Fire Emblem Apotheosis / Bravely Default Asterisks
pair / CLOUD v2.0 / mod of The Welcome Lounge & Video Games

Old October 25th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

That sounds particularly interesting, Magic Fox! Despite the continuously ridiculous haircuts I did see a lot of potential in Team Flare so the roleplay certainly caught my eye. I'm not sure if I'm quite Game Master material but I'd be happy to lend a hand if you'd need it.
Old October 25th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Manska
Community Supporter Tier 1

That's an interesting looking RP, will probably throw an SU your way when it gets going.
Old October 25th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Strikit
Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to Strikit Send a message via Yahoo to Strikit
That looks like something I'd for sure be interested in. I'll keep an eye out for it.

On that note, assuming it's accepted, SUs for Pressure will begin tomorrow. It's that little horror RP I was talking about; set in Hoenn, players will be stranded in an underwater cave system. Not only will they have to survive their isolation, but the caves are filled with creatures that aren't too happy with visitors. There are warnings for intense situations and character death, but everyone is encouraged to at least take a peek and see if it's something they'd be interested in. This is probably going to be the biggest project I've ever done on PC.
Old October 25th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

@Swifty I'm totally up for Co-Gming it if for any reason you think I'm up to it! :D After all I already told you I was interested in your Kalos RP. GM or not I'm getting in I promise you that muahahaha.

@Strikit My dear, need I even say it? You know what to expect from me
Old October 25th, 2013, 01:15 PM
<Challenger>

That looks like a great Roleplay, Swifty. I'd definitely be interested in joining!
Old October 25th, 2013, 01:32 PM
H3115r3p3ntanc3
Trampoliner

so there are roleplays where people are pokemon and there are roleplays where there are trainers but no ones made one where people are gym leaders. if i made a gym based roleplay who would be up for it?
Old October 25th, 2013, 02:06 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@H3115r3p3ntanc3: That doesn't really bring anything to mind. I don't think anyone can earnestly commit themselves to an RP only knowing one teeny tiny detail about it. =o I would heavily recommend fleshing out the plot a little and asking again, because even if some people -were- all "Yeah that's cool" there's literally no way to ensure they'll even like the actual concept once it's fleshed out into an actual RP.
Old October 25th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Kranic
What did you say about my hair

So I'm almost ready to post that roleplay I've been working on.

Incase anyone remembers, It's a journey roleplay for a fictional region. Main goal would be to challenge the 4 gym leaders and eventually defeat the evil team, with some twists and redirections over the course of the roleplay.

Below is what I wrote as an introduction to the roleplay.

Spoiler:
Welcome to the Echon Region, a land of strife and beauty. Echon is made of two islands: the temperate Aether and the tropical Helios. The two islands have been known as longtime enemies but the two nations have come to live peacefully over the past decade. Sadly, this peace only came with a new problem: a terrorist organization called Team Bind has brought terror to both islands. Using the power of their manufactured legendary, Mewtwo, the team seemed undefeatable. With Team Bind’s eventual defeat, Echon’s people knew they needed a function of defense and began the construction of the Trainer Association. Unfortunately, in the past year Team Bind has reemerged and attacked an Aethian town called Flint, using a legendary that the local people have long time respected: Entei. In addition to Entei, Team Bind has been seen attacking using other legendaries, such as Zapdos and the never before seen Genesect. Since the first attack, the trainer association has put a lot of their effort into defeating Team Bind, but all their efforts has evolved to simply become a means of defense rather than office.

Your character is a young trainer who recently reached Calne in Aether. They have an arrangement to meet with their mentor, a kindly old man named Bradley, who has been a major help on guide them on their path to becoming a trainer. Your character first met Bradley after unintentionally impressing him by some action showing their character and talents ultimately leading to him introducing himself to you personally. There he tells your character that he would like to facilitate your growth as a trainer by giving your character their starter that he happened to have on hand. Your character ultimately accepts the man’s offer and begins their adventure as a trainer. After a month of schooling with help from both the man and the trainer association, and a little traveling on your own, the old man has requested your character to meet with a few other of his mentees to form a group to travel the land together, but as you all finally meet the man, you learn that the old man had a much more important motive for you to come. Bradley wishes for this group to help him take down Team Bind.

Of course, the group isn't strong enough to do that at the moment, but Bradley knows potential in all of you and hopes to let you all grow close to each other in order to become a force more powerful than anything each of the trainers could have hoped to do alone. To start his goals, he wishes to send the group on a journey, to challenge the 4 gym leaders of Echon and be full-fledged trainers as well as challenge Team Bind and their conquest for legendary pokemon.

I have a lot more background information written, but this is just to give a taste of what the roleplay will be like. Anyone have any thoughts?
Old October 25th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
I know I don't drop by the discussion thread enough, but I was wondering if anybody would be interested in a Roleplay about a school of magic. So far I've gotten a bit of the background worked out, but without revealing too much here is a bit of a teaser to the concept.

Spoiler:
During World War II a certain type of ability was unearthed; the ability to use magic. Originally, this ability was disguised as bombs or other war machines further hidden by the theorems and hypotheses of world renowned scientists, such as Einstein. Weapons such as atomic bombs were in all actuality the byproduct of powerful earth magic, and incidences like the Chernobyl disaster originating from a misuse of fire magic. As a result of the destructive nature many of these magics possessed, the United Nations limited access to magic users. But an increase of magic users in society has spurned the need for education, both in application and control, to help ready mages and the common society to prepare for the public introduction of magic into society. This need for education created the need for specialized institutions to help teach new generations of magicians how to control their powers and how to apply them for the sake of society.

One of the most prestigious and adaptive academies of magic resides in the United States of America mid-west region. Located in Wyoming is the Vale Institute of Magic, better known to most U.S. citizens as the Vale Institute of Higher Learning. For most, this school is the penultimate achievement for kids, as many who attend the school become very famous or important in society. This boarding school provides a rather desolate location with enough raw elements to give all five types of magic users (fire, water, metal, earth, and air) a sufficient amount of resources to work with.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here