Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old October 25th, 2013 (04:29 PM).
Arx
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Arx
@Colony : This seems like a cool RP. I'd totally be interested in joining.
Old October 25th, 2013 (05:41 PM).
Perplexity
The Crazy One

Nature: Sassy
I love the smell of freshly accepted RPs in the evening.... must resist any temptations.

Seriously though, a few did jump out at me as being very intriguing.

Kind of a general question for everyone: What is the one RP that you have been dying to see on here but nobody has filled your need for yet? Not that I'm gathering ideas or anything.
Old October 25th, 2013 (05:45 PM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Nature: Relaxed
Hmmm....I'm sort of looking for some sort of Medieval style RP, journey or otherwise. Mainly because I came up with a character I really like out of nowhere a while back, and I don't feel he'd fit in any other kind of universe nearly as well.
Old October 25th, 2013 (05:53 PM).
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
I would really like to see a Megaman Battle Network, or a Magic: The Gathering RP. I tried to work up some ideas, but there was so much stuff to work with that it was hard to manage.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old October 25th, 2013 (06:00 PM).
Arx
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Community Supporter

What I'd like? Hmm, kinda like a Naruto-like Academy RP. As in you live with other teens, trains with them,etc... Mainly what I'd like to see.
Also dunno why but I'm not really attracted to Pokemon RP. I always end up behind at some point.
Old October 26th, 2013 (12:35 AM).
H3115r3p3ntanc3

Pokemon: home base

History: This story takes place in a region known as klimat where there are many Pokemon trainers who are as powerful and dedicated as the heroes in the main line of Pokemon games are to Pokemon battling. Because of this more Pokemon gyms have been opened than in any other region and more gyms are being opened all the time. 
You're one of the new gym leaders in the Klimat region and you are trying to make a name for yourself.
Your gym is fully customizable so you can make it as large or small as you would like, reasonably. How you run your gym is up to you. You can train viciously 8 hours a day to try to become as powerful as you can, or you can relax and trust in your Pokemon instincts only battling when you have a challenger. Or anything in between. 
The battles that you host can be as fiery or tepid as you would like them to be and you get to decide whether your challenger defeats you and earns the badge or loses and must train before attempting your gym challenge again when they're at a higher level. 
Every gym must have a different theme. It could be a specific type that you specialize in or it could be a Pokemon nature or even a stat based gym like "the attack gym" Just make sure it's fun to write and interesting to read. 
Eventually 4 exemplary gym leaders will be promoted to be members of an exclusive group of trainers known as the heavenly kings. These 4 leaders will act as the elite four of the klimate region. 

It's still rough. I don't have a map and I'm not sure how I'll develop challengers but this is the general outline.
Old October 26th, 2013 (01:00 AM).
adventure
e v e r y s t o r y

Nature: Naive
@ leetname H3115r3p3ntanc3, seems fun! I did a RP where we were gym leaders once. But you should come up with how the game should be played. Will the players just sit in their gyms all day or will there be chances and scenarios and a story where they can interact?
Old October 26th, 2013 (02:17 AM).
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
@ H3115r3p3ntanc3: I'd definitely be interested in that sort of RP. Although as Red said you should put a bit more details about the basic mechanics of the RP.
Old October 26th, 2013 (02:20 AM).
Magic
キュウコン

Quote originally posted by JNathan:
What I'd like? Hmm, kinda like a Naruto-like Academy RP. As in you live with other teens, trains with them,etc... Mainly what I'd like to see.
Naruto RPs never seem to last long I think it's probably because of the urge to overpower characters, leaving those who are trying to be realistic left in the dust. It's very hard to balance a roleplay around a world where there are such extremes in power.

Whilst a Naruto academy RP might work... what would the missions be? Low level academy missions are mostly odd, pointless and very low work. Which kind of leads back to the imbalance, as an academy would have to have 'weak' enemies that were still hard to the characters ><.
Old October 27th, 2013 (04:48 PM).
<Challenger>
One lean, green, fighting machine

Nature: Jolly
I would play a Magic: The Gathering roleplay. I've started playing myself. I'm curious as to how it would work?
Old October 27th, 2013 (08:03 PM).
Colony
It's About Dominating!

For an M:TG roleplay I would imagine that it would be based more around the concept of each magic instead of actual cards (some notable exceptions being spells like cancel and counterspell). Regarding actual plot, it could centralize on some non-canon arcs involving various planes, like explaining who wins the praetor war on New Phyrexia.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old October 28th, 2013 (01:28 AM).
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Shepard
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
To answer Perplexity's question: What is the one RP that you have been dying to see on here but nobody has filled your need for yet?

There was a roleplay, Litany; a Song of Worlds going around a year or two before. It had a non Pokemon fantasy theme, an imaginary world made especially for the RP with races, magic, all the stuff proper. I liked it but it wasn't successful. I'd join something well made like it, with no Pokemon in it.
Old October 28th, 2013 (02:45 AM).
<Challenger>
One lean, green, fighting machine

@Colony So it'd be focusing on the wizards in the guilds instead of seeing it as just a card game?
Old October 28th, 2013 (02:54 AM).
Magic
キュウコン

Quote originally posted by Perplexity:
What is the one RP that you have been dying to see on here but nobody has filled your need for yet?
Like Ray, I would really appreciate some original Roleplays. The problem lies in the time/organisation they involve and the commitment they need.

I'd love to support that kind of roleplay, perhaps developed by a team rather than one or two people ><. I'd even be open to letting them have a progress thread in the lounge for their planning/writing of background information and things.

So yeah, if you have ideas and a small team assembled then hit me up .
Old October 28th, 2013 (03:58 AM).
gimmepie
The Lightning Rod of Hate
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
On that note, I'm currently working on a couple of original role plays. I'm not sure which I will actually post yet.

Firstly, I am working on one which follows a government agency that is tasked with removing "the vampire menace". Of course, it isn't as straight forward as it sounds because in the lore of this RP vampires have infiltrated societies upper echelons using the wealth and experience they have amassed over centuries. The plot I have laid out is full of twists and turns, it isn't always going to be a simple "let's kill stuff" RP.

The other two are a prequel and sequel to my RP "Reapers: Keepers of the Balance" that I created earlier on in the year. As it has pretty much run out of steam now but I'm not done with that "universe" in even a small way.

Not anything like the fantasy RPs you guys have talked about but I figured now was a good time to bring this up. xD
Old October 28th, 2013 (04:11 AM).
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

Yeah, I pretty much agree with what the Fox said.

I do have an idea for an original roleplay which has been picking up dust on my USB stick for some time now but I do seriously need more time and motivation if I wanted to pull it off, since I need to pick up the speed with rps I'm currently in aha. Also a roleplay created by a team sounds awesome actually, that's a good point too.
Old October 28th, 2013 (02:13 PM).
Arx
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Community Supporter

So, about my RP, I already chose heretostay123 as GM alongside me. But I'd still like another GM since I tend to be randomly busy. If anyone is interested, please PM or VM me.
Old October 28th, 2013 (02:52 PM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Ray Maverick:
To answer Perplexity's question: What is the one RP that you have been dying to see on here but nobody has filled your need for yet?

There was a roleplay, Litany; a Song of Worlds going around a year or two before. It had a non Pokemon fantasy theme, an imaginary world made especially for the RP with races, magic, all the stuff proper. I liked it but it wasn't successful. I'd join something well made like it, with no Pokemon in it.
Quote originally posted by Magic Fox:
Like Ray, I would really appreciate some original Roleplays. The problem lies in the time/organisation they involve and the commitment they need.

I'd love to support that kind of roleplay, perhaps developed by a team rather than one or two people ><. I'd even be open to letting them have a progress thread in the lounge for their planning/writing of background information and things.

So yeah, if you have ideas and a small team assembled then hit me up ;).
Quote originally posted by Scyke:
Yeah, I pretty much agree with what the Fox said.

I do have an idea for an original roleplay which has been picking up dust on my USB stick for some time now but I do seriously need more time and motivation if I wanted to pull it off, since I need to pick up the speed with rps I'm currently in aha. Also a roleplay created by a team sounds awesome actually, that's a good point too.
Atlantis Awakening everyoneeeee *flails arms furiously*

To answer this question, I really want a solid journey RP that will last. The last few I've been in i've really invested a lot of excitement and time and when they just die I feel so disappointed. I know people have commitments but GMs make a commitment when they create a roleplay. like that journey rp that went for like three years. i want that. i want to be apart of a big roleplay. like atlantis since its been on and off for like literally two years.
Old October 28th, 2013 (02:59 PM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
You know what needs to be done? A Dead Rising RP. Sandbox, with all of the players playing as "Survivors" in the Willamette Mall.

I may have gotten myself addicted to the game (way too late for the bandwagon) but it does have huuuuuge potential for an RP.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 28th, 2013 (03:35 PM).
Turnip
Magnificent Turnip

Well, I've been playing Icewind Dale recently, and an RP based on that could be pretty sweet -especially considering that the game uses a Dungeons and Dragons base. All the characters are pretty arbitrary. It's essentially a roleplay set-up. The story and such could be expanded and have increased depth in the RP setting, but could more-or-less follow the same lines. I guess Baldur's Gate would work, too, if there's more enthusiasm for that.

I'm not sure how it would work with implementing or scrapping the statistics and game rules, considering that the character I'd use would be a level 16/15 Fighter/Mage who wrecks everything early-game. Still, scrapping could work, maybe have it a bit off the rails.

Of course, it's all hypothetical, whether or not it'll come to reality. I noticed Lord Sephear wanting some kind of medieval RP, and this would fit. If anyone wants to pick it up and roll with GMing it, they're more than welcome and I'd sign up for it in a second.

Truthfully, I don't know about GMing. I'm fairly new to the RP scene, at least, that's how I see it, but I have zero GM experience. Zip. I'd almost definitely commit if I did do it, but... I don't know. Still, got to start somewhere, right?

Anyway, I'm not too comfortable with responsibility, and I frankly consider myself a bit of an apathetic git, so... eh. I guess I've been pretty active in the RPs I've been in, but I don't know how much that'll really count for organising and moderating things. Anyhow, just putting the general thought out there.

And yeah, haven't posted here before. Hi, guys

Old October 28th, 2013 (03:53 PM).
Colony
It's About Dominating!

@Heretostay: I wouldn't really say it would be based on the guilds in Ravnica, more like the Planeswalkers in general, but yes it would be less about the card game and more about the lore.

Old October 28th, 2013 (08:22 PM).
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
Since we're talking about non-Pokémon related roleplays I've had one idea in the works for a little while. It's not finished yet but I'm making steady progress on it by the day and I've grown rather fond of the setting. If I'm never going to get back to work on Pokémon UNCHAINED then I might as well put my efforts into this, might'n I?

It's going to be post-apocalyptic, riddled with tinges of magic, machinery and some anime influences too. Hopefully it grabs a little interest from the fine folks of PokéCommunity.

Spoiler:

Heart
STEALER

Episode 0: The Heart of Darkness
Premise:
“They say that darkness lurks in every person’s heart. It is the primordial ability to do evil, ingrained into even within the kindest of beings. In turn there is light within each person, representing the ability to do good despite past sins. Humanity represented a fragile balance between the two which had, against all odds, stood strong.

And then world came tumbling down.

The blame for this fall… The Fall weighs on the shoulders of the figure only known as the Dark Presence. A being that has lingers in this world for an eternity, waiting and watching as generation upon generation of human being passed it. Fuelled by the evil within the hearts of every being it gathered strength, growing stronger and more capable by the day. Yet it still waited, biding its time, like snake analysing its prey. Despite this we were completely oblivious to its existence, content with the society that we had built from the ground up. The Dark Presence punished our arrogance by fracturing the Old World into pieces.

This Fall was the breakdown of the governments of the world. The cumulating pressure of mass rioting, economic collapse and the creeping forces of the Dark Presence. When its existence was revealed, followed by the knowledge that the authorities were helpless to stop its advance, people panicked. With no control over their civilians, their military or the economy the world’s leaders clung to a planet they no longer ruled. As the Dark Presence proved its corruption had spread far further than anyone had realised nations began to fall, piece by piece. The world lost order.

And so the New World was born from the bloody ashes of the Old. It bore a world of anarchy where survival was law and the people were just as vicious as the Hollows that now stalked the streets. As humanity weakened, losing more and more by the day, the Dark Presence only grew stronger. Its spawn were powerful and never lost resolve, unharmed by our efforts to slay them. As the blackened tendrils of this demon spread out across the known world there seemed no hope.

But humanity had become a trapped rat. With nowhere to run it lashed out, teeth bared and with new weapons or war. It had nothing to lose and so risked everything.

The hearts of those corrupted by the Dark Presence, Hollows, had become solid and black, pulsating with a mysterious blue energy. When treated properly these Heart Shards possessed huge amounts of usable energy, fuelling these new and extravagant contraptions that humanity brought into battle. For the first time in seven years since the Fall, humanity fought and humanity won.

Their successes did not stop there.

As more of the taint was cleansed, Heart Shards could be found in great abundance. With no oil, coal or nuclear energy to provide for the people the Shards took their place, finally bringing industry and power to the world once again. Cities grew on this new discovery, bringing together the remnants of humanity and civilisation. The Heart Shards would later even be discovered to be able to impart some of the power of the Dark Presence itself onto individuals, giving them abilities far beyond the scope of ordinary beings which only strengthened the cause.

As much as it tried the Dark Presence no longer had the advantage. The tables had turned, allowing the surviving men and women to stand tall in this apocalyptic world. As days whittled into months and months into years, humanity had triumphed against its foes. Even as sixty years passed, humanity had not faltered. The human race was no longer prey. It had become the predator.

Despite this the war was never over, even if many could live in relative peace in the New World. The battlefield was merely levelled, giving both sides an equal chance. The forces of the Dark Presence, while not nearly as strong as they once were, still linger outside of the city walls and strike whenever the opportunity presents itself. Men and women dedicate their lives to fighting, utilising or studying the Dark Presence, and the New World is built up around its very existence. While torn and scarred the world still lives.

But every good tale needs a twist. Old wounds are bound to be reopened.”
Old October 28th, 2013 (08:26 PM).
Jegretis

@Grif of Hearts: Count me in, that looks great!
Old October 29th, 2013 (05:54 PM).
Ozymandias
yah, you betcha
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Holy ****.... its been so long since i've stopped by the rp corner and it seems to be thriving as good as ever. So many new faces and a nice collection of new rps. Haha I really miss doing this with yall... But i think that the long hiatus is over and that I might have enough free time now that xc season is over. Hopefully I'll be rejoining in the rping with yall in a couple days.

Btw any ever think of a breaking bad rp? I think it might be pretty fun XD
Old October 29th, 2013 (06:10 PM).
Jegretis

You mean like an RP where people the characters are a bunch of of drug dealers? That could be interesting, although incredibly hard to pull off.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links