The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 29th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
@Grif of Hearts: You've got my support. I love the idea and, with the tragic death of Avatar: New Legends, I believe I have room to join it once it comes out!

@ChiliDawgs: Welcome back! A breaking bad RP sounds like it would be tough to get past the mods and hard to implement (you could make a competing factions sort of system if you get enough people) but exciting and incredibly fun if you can pull it off!
Old October 30th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Skymin
the Knight

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliDawgs View Post
Btw any ever think of a breaking bad rp? I think it might be pretty fun XD
probably not the best idea to start a roleplay about drugs and kingpins on a roleplay board that doesn't allow R rated rps. :x
Old October 30th, 2013, 05:53 PM
<Challenger>
I need Boobies! Nothing more!

Nature: Jolly
Just gonna let everyone know, I'm starting training for my job tomorrow, and I have a couple essays I need to write in order to study abroad (Turkey if all goes well) and I will be working. So my posting will be sporadic.

"Welcome to Boobies, we hope you like what you see, boys!"
Old October 31st, 2013, 02:30 AM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegretis View Post
@Grif of Hearts: Count me in, that looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geras32 View Post
@Grif of Hearts: You've got my support. I love the idea and, with the tragic death of Avatar: New Legends, I believe I have room to join it once it comes out!
I'm glad you two like the look of it! I'm still working out the kinks as you might expect but I'll try and get it finished and out on the conveyor belt that is the roleplay approval system soon enough.
Old October 31st, 2013, 03:58 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
@Grif - I have to agree with Jegretis and Geras. That sounds like an amazing idea for an RP.

Also, in the spoiler below is an idea for an RP of my own. It is the slightly more written out version of the vampire RP I explained earlier.

Spoiler:

Guard

“The vampire menace is a dangerous enemy to mankind. One we cannot afford to allow free reign of our cities. Vampires do not require sleep to survive, they are far stronger and faster than most humans, they hunt us – drinking our blood – and can turn us into one of them bolstering their numbers and they are very hard to kill. Perhaps the scariest part though, is that any person you see walking around at night could be one of these bloodsuckers. Your neighbour, your friend, your local government representative, your brother or sister even your children. Any one of these people, perhaps all of them, could be vampires.
This is why we are introducing a new agency. Guard are specially trained individuals whose goals are to investigate, control and eventually eliminate the vampire population. They are not officers of the law, but as of today it is a legal requirement that you comply with Guard in any matter relating to the vampire threat” – Gerhard Bruce, MP and one of Guards political representatives
You are a member of the elite organisation Guard, specifically you are a vampire hunter. It is your role to capture or kill (mostly kill) the vampires in your city – the bustling metropolis of Sancratus. During the night you’ll defend the streets of Sancratus from active vampires and during the day you will either rest or work raids on vampire lairs. But be warned this is no easy task. The vampires have infiltrated even the most upper echelons of human society and covens use the immense wealth they have garnered over the centuries to control those around them and use the corruption is Sancratus to their advantage. Unexpected twists and turns will lurk around every corner, challenges you never even considered will arise and you may well find yourself questioning everything you have come to believe. With that being said, are you ready to join the Guard?

As it hints at in the description, whilst there will be action and whilst it may not seem so at first there's going to be a bit more to it than just "Look a vampire! Brutally kill it!"
Old October 31st, 2013, 09:02 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
@Gimmepie: That sounds like a brilliant idea. I never had time to get in Reapers so I'll try my best to join this one.

Also I'm working on an RP, basically in the pokemon world.

Spoiler:
Giratina, Dialga and Palkia have fallen. The only way the players can save the world is travel from the fast approaching darkness is by travelling all the way from Unova (which the darkness has still not completely engulfed) right up till Mt. Coronet to restore the three orbs that are lying there their own place.

The three orbs would awaken Arceus from it's deep slumber and eventually put an end to the darkness. However, despite being veteran trainers the RP'ers will have to kill to survive. With unexpected twists around any corner nobody except the trainers like you can survive.

Feel free to criticize it in any way. Also like Magic Fox said I'd be happy to have a team help me to work on this.
Old October 31st, 2013, 09:34 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
@Kanea - I'm also working on both a prequel and sequel to Reapers (even though it didn't finish). As I said earlier, I may not have got my RP finished but the "universe" I created with it has a lot of unexplored history, an interesting future and not to mention all the other realms that were never explored by the original. I was sad to see it go but I'm not stopping with the Reaper's RPs any time soon.

As for your own RP. I actually tend to like these darker pokemon RPs. I'm interested how you'd go about it though, especially considering that your talking about travelling across various regions. That's a huge undertaking, but if you could pull it off it would be fantastic.

Anyway, glad you approve. Anyone else have any thoughts or criticisms for Guard (or comments on the Reaper's prequel/sequel)?
Old November 1st, 2013, 02:56 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Nature: Quirky
i would like to shamelessly self advertise my new journey rp, spiritual successor to my old pandora rp

APOLLOOOOOOO

ty
ty
ty

also champs i'm gonna get another topic ball rolling:

Do you prefer to create a new character every new roleplay or recycle old ones?
Old November 1st, 2013, 03:05 PM
Perplexity
The Crazy One

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post

New character for every RP. I don't like recycling. Of course, some characters may share some traits, but that's just by me trying to hone personalities. I usually make a character that I think has a personality I have a major deficiency in writing for. So I try and make a round table and pick a personality I need practice with. :3
Old November 1st, 2013, 03:08 PM
DLMuerte
Mercenary Chief

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Y U MAKE RP WEN I HAV NU ROOM FOR IT, SKYMIN? lol no

Anyways, I usually create a new character for every RP, but sometimes I recycle names. Simply because names are hard. I've thought of recycling characters before, though, but I haven't done so as of yet.

Yamagi Sosuke: I could get naked again
Sephear: no
Yamagi Sosuke: I think that would work swell

YA | GH | S: WoF | SAO: S
Old November 1st, 2013, 03:11 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
New character for each RP although I do recycle names, a lot. And their personalities are really alike sometimes.
Old November 1st, 2013, 03:20 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
I guess I'm similar to Perplexity when it comes to character creation. I try to make all of my characters distinct and use them as a way of trying new things. Heck, none of my characters so far have even been of the same nationality. I guess it goes without saying that I don't recycle names either.
Old November 1st, 2013, 03:32 PM
adventure
trust your doctor

I've recycled names sometimes, and characteristics. But I don't enjoy doing it, as I always remember something from the last RP they were used in then, and that's annoying when I want to create something new and unique for the current RP.
Old November 1st, 2013, 03:54 PM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Quote:
More recently a lot of my characters have become a bit chop-shop.

I might take aspects from different characters I have made and then blend them into one. While each one obviously has their own original traits I've learned surprisingly quickly that with a few different features you can mix them up, make them more relevant to the roleplay and add in a few new twists and make a character that feels fresh and exciting.

That's not to say I don't love making characters from scratch. Just that chopping and changing information to make a new character means I can refine things and decide what I do and don't like playing.
Old November 1st, 2013, 10:55 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Sigh, this is my first time creating an RP, but I am going to shamelessly self-advertise for it anyway.

Vale Institute of Magic
Come join a world of new magic in a modern school-like setting. Become a Mancer and control one of five primary elements, ranging from Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, and Metal! Learn the truth behind history since World War II, gain new abilities and spells, and develop friendships and rivalries. Seven spots are open for reservation, and reservations last 72 hours.

Regarding the question. I guess I prefer creating new characters, but if I really like a character I might reuse him/her.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).

Last edited by Colony; November 1st, 2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 01:15 PM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Hey guys, another bit of promotion here Sorry about this.

Khawill just made a new RP, which is a very interesting sort of D&D mixed with a free-roaming, quest based MMORPG style thing, that I'm -really- interested in getting off its feet, since I was the first player accepted. You can read up about it here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311539 and I just... well, it's super interesting, I'm excited, and we just need a couple more people to actually get it off the ground!

Hope you'll at least have a gander at it :3
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old November 3rd, 2013, 12:35 AM
fantome ecrivain
*insert fancy usertitle here*

Nature: Quiet
Hi... I'm sorta new around these parts. Is there any roleplay suitable for a beginner like me? There are a lot of roleplays posted...which quite intimidates me ; And they have so many posts of high quality...

Sorry if I seem like a bother. ;_;

Old November 3rd, 2013, 01:08 AM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
@fantome ecrivain: Welcome to the Roleplay Corner! As far as Beginner friendly Roleplays, I would say the best would be Pokemon Trainer Academy. PTA has a school setting where you create your own trainer and attend classes, gain new friends, and battle. There's also a larger plotline involving Team Rocket (I think).

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old November 3rd, 2013, 01:29 AM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
As a newbie to this section of the forums, I have to ask: Is it mandatory in some roleplays that you should have prior experience roleplaying? And will we be judged by the amount of experience we have roleplaying? (Basically asking whether the RPs are beginner-friendly)

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old November 3rd, 2013, 01:36 AM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

I won't say that all RPs are beginner-friendly, no, but majority of the people around here doesn't need some kind of proof that you've had prior experience, as long as you seem to be able to hold yourself up fairly well through your SU. Like, in the SU (Sign-UP, FYI), there's most often an 'RP Sample' bit at the bottom, where you usually put a bit of text from a previous RP to prove what style of writing you have, but you can just as easily just create a scenario on your own to write into it, perhaps even the intro post for the RP you're applying for.

TL:DR; People won't tell you that you're out because you have no previous experience, no Though some RPs could be classified as 'Harder' to pull off than others. Generally just take a look around at the RPs and get a feel for whether or not you'd like to try and play in that RP
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old November 3rd, 2013, 01:47 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
As a newbie to this section of the forums, I have to ask: Is it mandatory in some roleplays that you should have prior experience roleplaying? And will we be judged by the amount of experience we have roleplaying? (Basically asking whether the RPs are beginner-friendly)
The majority of the roleplays are beginner friendly. All I would say, to anyone new to roleplaying, is don't join a roleplay that has already started as your first.

So browse the roleplay lounge for one that hasn't quite started yet (is still asking for sign ups). It puts you in the best position and means you don't have to catch up or feel the need to 'prove' yourself or anything :3 we're quite open here, people might give you pointers/advice but we're all friendly. XD
Old November 3rd, 2013, 02:13 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Welcome to the Roleplay Corner Hoenn!

Most RP's are beginner friendly. For example joining journey RP's at the start is highly suggestible as these require little to no experience. In these the RP'S sample is mostly not there or optional.

However for the more violent i.e. the RP's that involve killing, beating up and stuff, it would be suggested that you have participated in 3 - 4 RP's already.On the other hand most RP's won't bother about your experience and stuff.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 02:02 PM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Those waiting for the Zelda RP, I apologize for the time it's taking to work on the post. I'm pretty close to finishing it, but college has been happening pretty frequently (I hate when that happens) so I can't give an official release date for it, but I feel like I can confidently say it'll definitely be within the month, preferably in the earlier half. I might actually get it done soon, depending on how these few days go.

In regards to the question?
Quote:
I almost always make a new character. Under very rare circumstances do I re-use a character. One instance is if an RP finishes or ends prematurely before I feel like the character was able to develop fully. Another is if a whole RP goes by but I don't feel like a character's story is over. I did this with one character, but unfortunately, the RP died out.

Under most circumstances, it's new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexity View Post
New character for every RP. I don't like recycling. Of course, some characters may share some traits, but that's just by me trying to hone personalities. I usually make a character that I think has a personality I have a major deficiency in writing for. So I try and make a round table and pick a personality I need practice with. :3
This, exactly. Now, though, I think I need to work on making more diverse characters.

Something I don't do often: Provide another question!

Are there any games/game series you'd love to see in RP format? Additionally, do you know of any that would work perfectly as a roleplay?

Personally, I would love to see a Monster Hunter RP pulled off. It's my favorite popular-but-somehow-unheard-of series, and with a dedicated GM plus some creative RPers, it would soar. SO much sandbox, SO much opportunity.

Dead Rising too, but I talked about that already.

Old November 3rd, 2013, 02:38 PM
adventure
trust your doctor

Quote:
Ohai, nice to see a PGen regular pop into the RPCorner! Some people prefer to play with experienced RPers, but most are very beginner friendly, I'd say. You are not judged as long as you try your best to write well and be respectful to other players.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Ewery1
Buizels FTW!

I generally don't recycle characters. I did recycle the name 'Charles' a lot. I don't know why. I like the sound of it (not my irl name). But no. I've never entirely recycled a character.

Get your own one here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307712
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links