Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #8351    
Old November 3rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
Raikiri's Avatar
Raikiri
Vanguard
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave

Advertise here
COME ONE, COME ALL AND CHECK OUT THE NEXT GREAT JOINT EFFORT BY SUPERVEGETA AND RAIKIRI!

ONE PIECE: THE GOLDEN AGE!

The concept is relatively simple, really. It's our take on the great manga/anime series by Eiichiro Oda, with an original story, characters and to a certain extent world. Newcomers and veterans to One Piece are welcome, as we did our best to make it accessible to both, with information to aid the newcomers and references to make the veterans smile with glee. One Piece: The Golden Age has the charm of One Piece, with colorful characters, ridiculous stories and epic moments.

Make a character and step into the world of One Piece! It's the best thing to happen to roleplaying since Supervegeta!

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
  #8352    
Old November 3rd, 2013, 03:38 PM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
What...is Fall the season of wonderful RPs or something? I have schoolwork to do, but...guh. Maybe I need to take a class in time management...
  #8353    
Old November 3rd, 2013, 03:45 PM
Sir Bastian's Avatar
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Denmark
Age: 24
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikiri View Post
COME ONE, COME ALL AND CHECK OUT THE NEXT GREAT JOINT EFFORT BY SUPERVEGETA AND RAIKIRI!

ONE PIECE: THE GOLDEN AGE!

The concept is relatively simple, really. It's our take on the great manga/anime series by Eiichiro Oda, with an original story, characters and to a certain extent world. Newcomers and veterans to One Piece are welcome, as we did our best to make it accessible to both, with information to aid the newcomers and references to make the veterans smile with glee. One Piece: The Golden Age has the charm of One Piece, with colorful characters, ridiculous stories and epic moments.

Make a character and step into the world of One Piece! It's the best thing to happen to roleplaying since Supervegeta!
AAAAAH, ONE PIECE! I need to join this so badly! ;_; But I need to think of a character first! The hardest part is thinking up an ability. Just having a devil's fruit would be too predictable, I want to have some other kind of ability, but I just don't know what it would be, without copying an already existing character!
When does a man die?
When he is hit by a bullet? No.
When he suffers a disease? No.
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
  #8354    
Old November 4th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Thanks for the support, guys. I think I'll pop in and join a RP soon, but as of now there aren't any of my liking.

@Raikiri
Wow, an OP RP! (seems weird when you spell the initials) That sounds interesting, considering Derozio made me an OP fan as of late.
~
  #8355    
Old November 4th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Dusk's Avatar
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Fantastic news guys!

As it turns out, I had very little left to do on the OOC post, and I had enough time to work on it, sooo...


I FINISHED THE IMPRISONING WAR POST!

Once accepted, it'll be up in the Lounge!



*
  #8356    
Old November 4th, 2013, 10:52 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow's Avatar
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Coast, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Hardy
So--Out of all the new pokemon how many of them have given you guys new ideas for RP? Did the region itself give you inspiration? =o
  #8357    
Old November 4th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Magic's Avatar
Magic
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
So--Out of all the new pokemon how many of them have given you guys new ideas for RP? Did the region itself give you inspiration? =o
Team Flare were the stars for me <3 And Professor sycamore Definite potential as a strong NPC.
  #8358    
Old November 4th, 2013, 11:20 AM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Espurr is my love now and forever.

...Though it hasn't given me any Roleplay ideas. Though I think that Kalos has great potential for more modern and city-based roleplays. I haven't joined any Kalos RPs, but I'm certainly interested in the concept.
  #8359    
Old November 4th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Nauje's Avatar
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
The whole concept and history of the palace may make for an interesting RP, especially with all the weird references to a war. A medieval Pokemon RP?
Paired with gimmiepie.
  #8360    
Old November 4th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Songbird's Avatar
Songbird
Conductor of the POOP TRAIN!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
We need more Pokémon wars! :D

Maybe fanon-ify the war Lt. Surge was in?
  #8361    
Old November 4th, 2013, 10:14 PM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
We need more Pokémon wars! :D

Maybe fanon-ify the war Lt. Surge was in?
Yeah...we had a discussion about that here a couple months ago. I'd love if someone made a "Generation-Killing War RP", I'd join in a heartbeat.

...So long as it's not made now, because I don't want more roleplaying choices.
  #8362    
Old November 5th, 2013, 01:05 AM
«Chuckles»'s Avatar
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Morioh
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Yeah...we had a discussion about that here a couple months ago. I'd love if someone made a "Generation-Killing War RP", I'd join in a heartbeat.

...So long as it's not made now, because I don't want more roleplaying choices.
Yeah that sounds great, it would be different because Lt. Surge is a lieutenant so that means he was in some sort of military which could have involved killing people with guns.
It would be very fantastic and something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskLunacy View Post
Personally, I would love to see a Monster Hunter RP pulled off. It's my favorite popular-but-somehow-unheard-of series, and with a dedicated GM plus some creative RPers, it would soar. SO much sandbox, SO much opportunity.
If someone does wish to pull this off I have a full bestiary of the games set up in CSS from an RP that I can give to someone. It doesn't include species that don't have an icon because well they haven't been encyclopedia'd yet. It also provides the ingame information about them.


I am working on a Gundam RP, if anyone wants to help with it (co-gm) just shoot me a PM.
  #8363    
Old November 5th, 2013, 05:54 AM
gimmepie's Avatar
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Just letting you guys know that I have nearly finished putting Guard together and that my Reaper's prequel isn't going to be far behind.

If you have any questions or anything feel free to drop me a VM/PM.

@Chuckles - An RP with Mecha? That's something I'm yet to see. I might look into it once you have it posted.
Roleplay Corner|Forum Games|Pairs|Sig|Arch Nemesis|Pie
"I don't need a quote, I need pie" - Gimmepie
  #8364    
Old November 5th, 2013, 11:07 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow's Avatar
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Coast, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Hardy
@Chuckleslucifer: Eeeh... I mean I probably wouldn't touch any Pokemon RP that made shooting people or pokemon with guns a thing. It doesn't really make sense for them to exist when you consider that they're vastly outperformed by Pokemon themselves. Even if guns did outperform pokemon that would kind of undermine the premise of the series. That would probably bother me nonstop in the back of my head, kind of like that one time Bobba Fett ruined Star Wars for me.

@Everyone: Y'know, back when I had just adopted PTA and was trying to figure out how the plot was supposed to work there was one major, relevant question I had to ask myself.

Why was Oak trying to train an army?

To take on another army, of course. Perhaps I'll be borrowing a few ideas from X and Y for that.

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; November 5th, 2013 at 11:14 AM.
  #8365    
Old November 5th, 2013, 02:59 PM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@Chuckleslucifer: Eeeh... I mean I probably wouldn't touch any Pokemon RP that made shooting people or pokemon with guns a thing. It doesn't really make sense for them to exist when you consider that they're vastly outperformed by Pokemon themselves. Even if guns did outperform pokemon that would kind of undermine the premise of the series. That would probably bother me nonstop in the back of my head, kind of like that one time Bobba Fett ruined Star Wars for me.
It's implied in the generation killing war that pokemon were used, and some theorists suggest that many pokemon went extinct because of this war, sparking the theory that RSE/DPP...and BW/BW2 (if you don't count the PWT as canon) take place before RBY/GSC.

Though I doubt people wouldn't use guns, because regardless of what you think about guns harming pokemon, guns still hurt people. It's not unlikely that those in battle used firearms and other weapons as well as commanded pokemon. That's assuming that guns exist in the pokemon game universe. In fact, exploring this further, it's very likely that weapons, armor, and various other technologies were created as a result of the war to make humans more efficient and resistant against pokemon, as well as to make pokemon more efficient in battle. There really is a lot that could be done creatively in the context of the war.
  #8366    
Old November 5th, 2013, 06:02 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow's Avatar
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Coast, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
(if you don't count the PWT as canon)
Eeeh... I'm not sure I really buy entirely ignoring the PWTs existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Though I doubt people wouldn't use guns, because regardless of what you think about guns harming pokemon, guns still hurt people. It's not unlikely that those in battle used firearms and other weapons as well as commanded pokemon. That's assuming that guns exist in the pokemon game universe. In fact, exploring this further, it's very likely that weapons, armor, and various other technologies were created as a result of the war to make humans more efficient and resistant against pokemon, as well as to make pokemon more efficient in battle. There really is a lot that could be done creatively in the context of the war.
You can't just shoot a person being protected by a pokemon. Their pokemon protects them and you're forced to deal with the pokemon. Even if you could, that is still a job accomplished much better and more reliably by a pokemon. Why would humanity spend all that time perfecting a complicated tool like a gun when they are -completely- outdone in every imaginable way by pokemon? Before they'd even be able to get to semi automatic rifles that aren't really useful they'd have to evolve their technology past muskets and stuff that are even less useful.

Y'know what makes a lot more sense? Explosives. You can make traps with explosives and they don't require much advanced technology. They also have other uses outside of getting people hurt. Even a knife makes more sense than guns because you can use it for -other things-.

As for armor... Yeah, I could see people using armor in the pokemon universe, but not traditional armor like in real life. That just wouldn't make a difference without some fictional supermetal being introduced. What I could see is armor to protect people from environmental hazards. Like, masks designed to keep wayward spores out of your nose/mouth and waterproof clothes because being soaked by splattering water can only make things worse. Things like that.
  #8367    
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:20 PM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
Eeeh... I'm not sure I really buy entirely ignoring the PWTs existence.
Not its existence, its canonicity. It still exists, but whether the PWT with participants such as the protagonist (being the champion), Red, Giovanni, etc participating isn't necessarily canon. Quite a few number of fans are still debating this, though nothing official's been said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
You can't just shoot a person being protected by a pokemon. Their pokemon protects them and you're forced to deal with the pokemon. Even if you could, that is still a job accomplished much better and more reliably by a pokemon. Why would humanity spend all that time perfecting a complicated tool like a gun when they are -completely- outdone in every imaginable way by pokemon? Before they'd even be able to get to semi automatic rifles that aren't really useful they'd have to evolve their technology past muskets and stuff that are even less useful.
Because humans need things to protect themselves if they don't have pokemon on them. In the games, most trainers that are out and about only have 1-3 pokemon, save for Ace Trainers and the protagonists (so basically, anyone going for the Pokemon League). There's a very real chance that a trainer's pokemon will be fainted and they won't be near a pokemon center.

In the context of war...just shoot the person. A person riding on a charizard is basically the same as a person riding on a mount in any other setting, and they can still be shot. Pokemon aren't wearable weapons or armor after all, the humans won't be invulnerable simply because they have pokemon with them. Commanding pokemon might not always be the most practical course of action in various cases, especially one is going for covert or instantaneous tactics. It's unlikely that they would start in the primitive stages of firearms that we did because they already have other pieces of technology, and even pokemon attacks, that could be used as models that may reflect or even transcend our modern firearms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
Y'know what makes a lot more sense? Explosives. You can make traps with explosives and they don't require much advanced technology. They also have other uses outside of getting people hurt. Even a knife makes more sense than guns because you can use it for -other things-.
Mmm...I dunno. Explosives would be viable, but that's assuming the one arming the bomb has both the field advantage and time to arm one. If we're talking grenades, they could carry them, but they're not as reliable, nor as easy to use, as guns. They could carry knives, but we'll simply go back to what you were saying before: the humans would be protected by pokemon. Hitting a person with a grenade or a knife while they are riding on a blitzle, possibly armed themselves, is MUCH harder than simply shooting those same people. Plus, you could have grenades, knives, AND guns. In fact, that seems like the most practical courses of action. Not only would being armed with those weapons be relatively lightweight, but it would also be incredibly handy in combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
As for armor... Yeah, I could see people using armor in the pokemon universe, but not traditional armor like in real life. That just wouldn't make a difference without some fictional supermetal being introduced. What I could see is armor to protect people from environmental hazards. Like, masks designed to keep wayward spores out of your nose/mouth and waterproof clothes because being soaked by splattering water can only make things worse. Things like that.
Humans are not only tacticians but also soldiers. They have available materials for making stronger armor, and that's pokemon, they're skin, they're steel, and their other various body parts. Sure, those environmental hazard prevention apparatus could be worn by people, but they should be worn under their armor. After all, the generation killing war was a generation killing war because the adverse effect it had on young-middle aged men was devastating. They no doubt fought on the front lines as well, and thus, it was very likely that they had armor strong enough to withstand the strength of various pokemon attacks which, considering the materials they had at hand and the rate at which technology is developed in the pokemon universe, they very likely did.

Same for firearms, really. They most likely made firearms, probably using various projectile pokemon moves as a model, and made them efficient enough to be effective against pokemon.
  #8368    
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Geras32's Avatar
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Where do cowboys come from?
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
1. I highly doubt the validity of the theory that gen 1+2 came after RSE and DPPt and BW(2) for various reasons. The only one that seems plausible is RSE coming before, but then after that you have to make too many exceptions for it to fit. Cameos and other references are also present linking each gen to the other gens making a sort of web to hold the current canon timeline. Also, by doing that sort of thing with the aforementioned games you would also need to include XY in the prequel list (where Oak's grandson is studying abroad, implying that he is probably older then 10 by then), otherwise you end up placing things on the timeline solely at your convenience, further complicating things. In general, I find it hard to back up.

2. I agree with machomuu in that guns would definitely have been a thing. Few pokemon besides steel types, some rock types, and a particularly strong select others seem like they would be bulletproof. I imagine that pokemon (which would be of a specific few chosen species that would be mass-bred) would be given to soldiers as weapons or fellow soldiers as opposed to the soldiers bringing their beloved pokemon from home, and as such, each soldier would only have 1 or 2 pokemon, 3 max. The distribution would probably depend on rank. When a soldier's pokemon are defeated mid-assault, they can't just run back to a pokemon center. They'd need to be able to both defend themselves and continue the fight. A gun seems like it would be an ideal choice.

3. About armor, there's these.
*Insert witty and/or thought provoking quote here*

Last edited by Geras32; November 5th, 2013 at 08:54 PM.
  #8369    
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:46 PM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geras32 View Post
1. I highly doubt the validity of the theory that gen 1+2 came after RSE and DPPt and BW(2) for various reasons. The only one that seems plausible is RSE coming before, but then after that you have to make too many exceptions for it to fit. Cameos and other references are also present linking each gen to the other gens making a sort of web to hold the current canon timeline. Also, by doing that sort of thing with the aforementioned games you would also need to include XY in the prequel list (where Oak's grandson is studying abroad, implying that he is probably older then 10 by then), otherwise you end up placing things on the timeline solely at your convenience, further complicating things. In general, I find it hard to back up.
Oh, no doubt. This theory was created back in the days of DPP (well, possibly RSE), and over time it does become harder to debate. Going forward in the most recent games, GF has been pushing to make the world feel more like, well, a world. Kalos takes this to extremes, with numerous references and even original descriptive statements about the other regions (and other games). However, it could still work, since the generation killing war isn't dependent on the whole "RBGY/GSC came first" theory.
  #8370    
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:49 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow's Avatar
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Coast, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Because humans need things to protect themselves if they don't have pokemon on them.
Guns don't solve this problem because pokemon still do the job infinitely better. A hand with a gun in it is a wasted hand that could've been holding a pokeball. A gun alone will save you from a pokemon approximately 0% of the time. More to the point when you introduce guns that are magically powerful enough to disregard pokemon's superpowers you're forcing pokemon to step aside out of the spotlight and that undermines the entire premise of the series.

That means that if I go searching for a pokemon roleplay or even pokemon fanfiction and see -that- it's not going to feel like Pokemon to me. I would be disappointed and there's a good chance I'd be turned away. When you use Pokemon as your setting and then betray the basic premise that's not what I'd consider a good thing.

And I mean really--There are pokemon with SUPER guns for arms. Why not just use them?
  #8371    
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Geras32's Avatar
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Where do cowboys come from?
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
@PkMnTrainer Yellow: I mentioned that in point 2 of my former post.
*Insert witty and/or thought provoking quote here*
  #8372    
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:55 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow's Avatar
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Coast, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Hardy
@Geras32: Even the anime is pretty consistent in that looks are not a good judge of power with pokemon.
  #8373    
Old November 6th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Grif of Hearts's Avatar
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: System 32
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskLunacy View Post
Personally, I would love to see a Monster Hunter RP pulled off. It's my favorite popular-but-somehow-unheard-of series, and with a dedicated GM plus some creative RPers, it would soar. SO much sandbox, SO much opportunity.
I'm not sure whether I love you or hate you for giving me an idea for a Pokémon/Monster Hunter crossover roleplay. The emotional confliction is almost overwhelming.
  #8374    
Old November 6th, 2013, 05:32 PM
SylveonStar's Avatar
SylveonStar
Sylveon
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My parents house
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Alright everyone I just submitted a Gijinka Rp
  #8375    
Old November 6th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Kranic's Avatar
Kranic
What did you say about my hair
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Regarding the gun argument, there isn't any strong evidence that guns would or wouldn't be able to kill a pokemon (asides from certain examples, like steel types where it would be a little silly for them not to be able to deflect a bullet or in an opposing case a sentret being able to take a bullet seems equally if not more silly) so ultimately it would just depend on how a GM decides they want the roleplay to work.

I personally don't see problems with guns being able to kill more fleshy pokemon, like a charizard or raichu or something. There would be benefits to using guns compared to pokemon which would make it reasonable for people to develop such weapons. One example is that people won't have to rely on a secondary organism as their means of protection. In a case where that thing isn't available, a gun would be an optimal defense since they're easy to carry around and aren't the most complicated thing to use. A second benefit of using a gun is that there isn't the 'wind-up time' that comes with commanding a pokemon, you don't have to release it from it's pokemon nor give it a gun, with just a flick of a finger you get your intentions done. I'm sure more reasons could be pulled up, but I don't think it is too unreasonable to see guns in the pokemon world.

One problems that I sometimes face when writing in pokemon roleplays is having character be independent from their pokemon when it comes to defense or even just aggressive notions in general. At least with guns the character's themselves have some sense of power to them without their pokemon, which can be useful for creating intimidating figures. There are plenty of ways around this of course and in pokemon roleplays in general this isn't an issue, but I would still like to see a scenario where this is expressed.



Roleplay Characters

__________


Anise Briar

___

Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 10:15 AM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.