Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 17th, 2013 (02:07 AM).
Awesome Dragon
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Magic Fox:
I prefer to write posts that are 500-800ish when it's a solo post - sometimes longer if there is something specific I am writing about (like a past event) rather than going through the motions of moving my character or reacting to an event. Joint posts tend to be double that (or even more).
Yeah, if I am writing about a battle or something like that then the post is usually much longer. Joint post tend to be somewhere around 1000 to 2000 words.
Old November 17th, 2013 (03:06 AM).
Get 'em, Tibbers!
Platinum Tier

Nature: Timid
9 of the 10 remaining slots in Pokémon: Johto Mysteries have been filled. There's one more slot available for whoever wishes to join
It's going to go to the first person to request it
The only PokéGear left is the Lime one :X

"Have you seen my bear Tibbers?"
Old November 17th, 2013 (02:11 PM).
Sylveon

Nature: Modest
My new rp Journey to the Unknown lands has 15 out of 18 spots open.
Old November 17th, 2013 (04:13 PM).
Get 'em, Tibbers!
Platinum Tier

If there's still open slots by the time I get the IC of mine up, I'll join yours Gen I actually looked for gijinkas and all as soon as I saw your RP but then figured I'm a bit too busy to sign up just yet >u<

Oh and due to someone dropping their reservation, Pokemon: Johto Mysteries now has 1 free slot for whoever wants it

Old November 17th, 2013 (04:58 PM).
Steadfast Heart of Gold

Nature: Relaxed
Which reminds me, Sekirei: Wings of Fate finally has some people! If anybody else might be interested please click on the link, we only need 1 or 2 more people before we start.

Everything around here seems more active lately and it's really getting me excited, I'm so happy to see it!
It doesn't matter who is wrong and who is right
Old November 17th, 2013 (05:35 PM).
The Unconscious Wanderer
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Indeed. It's odd to see so much activity here since I saw it last time. I hope it's a constant thing.
Old November 17th, 2013 (05:39 PM).
Get 'em, Tibbers!
Platinum Tier

Well, since I'm part of a great RP and now I'm also hosting an RP, I plan on sticking around

Old November 17th, 2013 (06:18 PM).
The Hero of Skies and Time

Nature: Jolly
I haven't been as active as I would like, due to homework and my new job, but I'll be sticking around for as long as I can. I probably won't be joining many roleplays, if any at all, next semester, due to the fact that it's my hard semester. But it IS quite nice to have such a crowd.
Old November 18th, 2013 (04:19 PM).
Silver Tier

My mind has been running through some ideas recently and I've got an idea for a Gijinka/PokeMorph RP I'd like to try running. Below is a rough draft of the storyline/setup for it. It ain't got any fancy formatting or CSS (yet) but it has most of the substance. I'd love any feedback on this; whether you like it/would be interested or not, how I could improve it etc.
Spoiler:

Story
The world seems to be getting darker these days. Tensions are rising between the nations of the world ; old grudges aired once more as tired, angry people look for enemies to take their frustration out on and all the while, while the humans shout and posture, the wilds grow more and more dangerous. Wild pokemon are becoming more aggressive, more deadly as they probe at human settlements and among those who know it, whispers spread of legends; of powerful, ancient pokemon waking from their long slumbers and raising armies of their kin against the humans that have taken their land.

With all this happening;with the governments of the world grasping for some miracle, some weapon, that would see them through the coming violence safely, the loss of a few unfortunate souls is a loss many would be willing to give. There are few to notice and even fewer to care when a few of the more unfortunate souls in the world go missing.

The Gijinka Project is Kanto's attempt to weather the storm to come; an attempt to combine human and pokemon, to pick and choose the best qualities of each to create a new type of soldier. Such a ambitious undertaking requires sacrifices though, it requires test subjects; and if a few people disappearing quietly into the night is the price for their survival, then the Kantoese government's eyes are firmly fixed the other way.

However, at a time when entire nations are moving in unison, one man can still make a difference. All it takes is a single moment of regret, for one man to press one button, and the world can be changed.

You

You are a Generation Zero Gijinka; one of the project's proof of concept prototypes. Changing the human body in such a dramatic way is a tricky process and while you were one of many taken against their will by agents of the project, you are also one of very few to actually survive the process.

You were being held against your will with several other Generation Zero subjects in suspended animation, locked deep in a building in some unknown part of the Kanto region; soon to be shown to government officials as proof that the project had succeeded. Something happened though, that the project didn't expect.

On the eve of the government inspection someone gained access to the computer systems of the lab, disrupting security and causing havoc across the expansive facility. Under the cover of explosions and rampaging pokemon, this individual succeeds in their main task and sets you free.
Dazed you stumble from the tube holding you and as your senses and mind try to make sense of themselves, you hear a voice coming from a speaker in the room.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't get to you. Things have gone wrong. The people who did this to you are still here, they'll realise what I've done soon."

"They'll be coming for you, you need to run."

Old November 19th, 2013 (12:22 AM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Manska:
My mind has been running through some ideas recently and I've got an idea for a Gijinka/PokeMorph RP I'd like to try running. Below is a rough draft of the storyline/setup for it. It ain't got any fancy formatting or CSS (yet) but it has most of the substance. I'd love any feedback on this; whether you like it/would be interested or not, how I could improve it etc.
Spoiler:

Story
The world seems to be getting darker these days. Tensions are rising between the nations of the world ; old grudges aired once more as tired, angry people look for enemies to take their frustration out on and all the while, while the humans shout and posture, the wilds grow more and more dangerous. Wild pokemon are becoming more aggressive, more deadly as they probe at human settlements and among those who know it, whispers spread of legends; of powerful, ancient pokemon waking from their long slumbers and raising armies of their kin against the humans that have taken their land.

With all this happening;with the governments of the world grasping for some miracle, some weapon, that would see them through the coming violence safely, the loss of a few unfortunate souls is a loss many would be willing to give. There are few to notice and even fewer to care when a few of the more unfortunate souls in the world go missing.

The Gijinka Project is Kanto's attempt to weather the storm to come; an attempt to combine human and pokemon, to pick and choose the best qualities of each to create a new type of soldier. Such a ambitious undertaking requires sacrifices though, it requires test subjects; and if a few people disappearing quietly into the night is the price for their survival, then the Kantoese government's eyes are firmly fixed the other way.

However, at a time when entire nations are moving in unison, one man can still make a difference. All it takes is a single moment of regret, for one man to press one button, and the world can be changed.

You

You are a Generation Zero Gijinka; one of the project's proof of concept prototypes. Changing the human body in such a dramatic way is a tricky process and while you were one of many taken against their will by agents of the project, you are also one of very few to actually survive the process.

You were being held against your will with several other Generation Zero subjects in suspended animation, locked deep in a building in some unknown part of the Kanto region; soon to be shown to government officials as proof that the project had succeeded. Something happened though, that the project didn't expect.

On the eve of the government inspection someone gained access to the computer systems of the lab, disrupting security and causing havoc across the expansive facility. Under the cover of explosions and rampaging pokemon, this individual succeeds in their main task and sets you free.
Dazed you stumble from the tube holding you and as your senses and mind try to make sense of themselves, you hear a voice coming from a speaker in the room.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't get to you. Things have gone wrong. The people who did this to you are still here, they'll realise what I've done soon."

"They'll be coming for you, you need to run."

That is, in some ways, quite similar to a draft I have written up some week ago. :p Guess we're interested in the same RP to come up! So I like it.

"Alright Gramps! Leave it all to me!"
moderator of Roleplay Theatre
proudly paired with seeker
staff collab july 2015
Old November 19th, 2013 (02:48 AM).
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Vale has two slots open for any Aeromancers and one more slot for a Geomancer, so I'd love it for anyone who is interested in magic oriented stories to check it out. Did I mention there are explosions?

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old November 19th, 2013 (02:59 AM).
Butcher of the Sands
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
What is the most emotional post you have written and/or read?
It doesn't have to have been on this forum, but what post has really made you stand back and go "woah".

So far the latest post in Atlantis Awakening is the most emotional post I have written, in terms of the RP it really shows the societal hatred of the Atlantean people. I didn't really intend to write it in such a way, but man, when I read over it, it really made me take a step back.

Skymin's final post to Uprising: Fighting the Pokemon Extermination would be the most emotional I have read. I started following Uprising from about halfway through, didn't participate, but I enjoyed the story. Seeing something come to an end as beautifully as Skymin had done, really gave the sense of a completion.

Tell me PC, what's yours???
Old November 19th, 2013 (10:45 AM).
Silver Tier

I once played on a site where the characters aged in real time. For two (real) years I played the son of one of the other player's characters. Then, after all that time, some IRL stuff made them have to leave and rather than leave their character to rot they staged one last event that ended in them dying. I'd been rping with this person for two years and this was the mother of a character i'd been playing for two years and gotten very attached to dying; that was pretty emotional for multiple reasons.
Old November 19th, 2013 (10:44 PM).
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
just putting an Idea out there for anyone to use. A Shingeki no Kyojin/ Attack on Titan RP. I think if done right could be very popular.

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old November 20th, 2013 (01:15 AM).
Get 'em, Tibbers!
Platinum Tier

Notice:

Due to popular demand, I added 7 (yes, SEVEN) new slots to Pokémon: Johto Mysteries

I wasn't gonna use those PokéGears at first, trying to simply limit myself to the ones that weren't specifically made for someone, but I never really expected the RP to be THAT popular and fill up so fast.

So, if you wanted to be part of it but couldn't because it was full, now's your chance!

However.... I won't be waiting for these new 7 slots to fill up. As soon as those that signed up and reserved posts within the first few days from the release of this RP finish their SUs (which should happen by the end of this weekend), I'll get on to posting the IC thread. So, whoever joins now might have to finish by that time, should they wanna be ready once the IC thread is up. Otherwise, people will have to simply catch up, I guess

Old November 23rd, 2013 (12:57 AM).
satisfaction brought it back
ModeratorCS

Nature: Adamant
Since I'm on my summer break now, I'm looking for a fresh and interesting roleplay. Do you guys have any upcoming roleplays?
Old November 23rd, 2013 (01:48 AM).
Furude
ModeratorCS

Nature: Mild
I'm working on a prequel to Reapers: Keepers of the Balance, there is currently a spot open in The Hoenn Diaries. That's all I've got right now actually o.O

Perhaps look at the library?

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old November 23rd, 2013 (02:01 AM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naive
I'll just tease this. The plot is somewhat more focused this time around. Can't promise I'll actually make it, but.

MONSTER
A R T

[ Pokémon Trainer / Virtual Reality ]... [ Rated T ] ... [ Theme Song ] ... [ ? spots open ]

"Alright Gramps! Leave it all to me!"
moderator of Roleplay Theatre
proudly paired with seeker
staff collab july 2015
Old November 23rd, 2013 (02:55 AM).
Silver Tier

I've got that Gijinka roleplay I posted a summary to further up the page waiting for acceptance at the moment, gonna be running it with 8 slots when it goes through.
Old November 23rd, 2013 (03:39 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

A mega approval is due in an hour or so. Expect a lot of new threads to be released!~
Old November 24th, 2013 (03:29 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

Pokémon region of orre rp is up for anyone interested in a violent pokémon rp?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7951431&posted
We really would like some more characters to the plot to make it interesting

Old November 24th, 2013 (07:17 AM).
Get 'em, Tibbers!
Platinum Tier

Wow o.o
Pokémon: Johto Mysteries is almost full again >u< Even after I added 7 more slots xD

There's currently 3 free slots and 3 reserved ones.

Oh! And before I forget, the IC thread is up too ^-^

Old November 24th, 2013 (08:19 AM).
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
In a forgotten age where the gift of the Gods, sorcery, was free to roam the world, a terrible war between the nations raged for centuries. Millions were lost, the earth was painted with more of their blood every day, all due to the immense power unlocked to simple, mortal men by sorcery. In sight of the tragedies that befell the human kind daily, a brave and bold man named Anemos decided to find the source of magic and destroy it once and for all, so that no one could abuse it further; watching his enchanted compass, he traveled through sea and mountain and sky, determined to do the impossible. Indeed, as he begun to realize, it was impossible to destroy magic, for it was not man-made. He would have it moved instead, removing it from the facilities of humanity. His efforts caused his world to rip in two... two worlds, each of which continued to grow naturally, unscathed, separated from each other - but one with, and one without magic. In halving a singular world into two, not only did he lose his compass, but he committed the ultimate hybris. A felony against the Gods, who had gifted mankind with sorcery so that it may prosper further. Angered, they laid a heavy curse on Anemos and banished him in the second world, to dwell on the realm of magic that he hated so. Ever since then, the two worlds grew separately... but Anemos's work was not left as complete as he would like to think. Millennia further on in time, up until the present, it was said that a connection between the two worlds existed - thus making traversing through the two worlds possible. Men begun speaking of the Breach, a typhoon of unearthly, unholy winds that carried any who wandered within it to the realm of magic... where the cursed winged spirit of Anemos soars the skies, in search for his lost compass.
Old November 24th, 2013 (11:07 AM).
Silver Tier

Seems some advertising is the thing to do here right now

The Gijinka Project is now up and ready to accept characters! If you're interested in playing a human given supernatural pokemon powers and being an unwittingly important piece in a world about to break out in conflict then come have a look! The plan for the roleplay is to be a mix of open world and story driven; there will be a defined story happening and you will choose your place in it and how you influence things.

If any of the above sounds interesting to you then click that link above and have a look! :D
Old November 26th, 2013 (09:51 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

I have a brilliant idea that struck me when thinking about the spirits from avatar.... It's kinda like gijinka, however more futuristic, and contained within an area.

Spoiler:
Many, many, centuries ago a dark evil spread across the land from the alternate dimension of the earth. The parallel universe used to be the barrier between good and evil, yet someday that barrier un-naturaly broke, releaing dark spirits and allowing them to roam free. The world went into panic, houses were burnt, shops broken down, the whole political system fell to ashes, and the mania began to spread across every part of the globe. The dark spirits destroyed when they could, and remained guarding the sky for a fresh soul to burn. Within that hour of their release, a man name Argubel Deren came forth to the president with his solution, one only a mad man would even dream of doing, yet the president accepted his solution with hope of a better future.

The solution was far from simple. Many tests had begun in Area 51, and people had been taken out of their homes or safehouses out of their will to the area to be tested on. Argubel had come up with a theory, that the dark spirits could become light spirits, as night becomes day, and he even had the proof, a captured paralyzed dark spirit of a wolf. He and his team admired after time how the wolf changed colour from grey to white, and it's ghostly form vanished and was replaced by a physical body. With this he concluded that all imobile spirits turn physical once stabalised, and began work on his next trick, fusing with a human. He discovered that in a physical form, the spirits could not be easily transfered into a human body, thus a dark spirit would have to be paralyzed and transfered in quickly before it got a physical form. Only 12 spirits were successfully transfered into the human body. His predictions were accurate, and as the spirits were transformed with their inactivity, they turned into a pysical form, however since they were inside the human, their bodies reacted in such a way that the two animals combined together, (human & spirit) to create a new breed of human.

The lab was later destroyed by the CIA who discovered the cruelty that was taking place to the humans, and read through all of Argubel's research, understanding how to fight the spirits. There had been no more spirits tracked down, (in other words, no more spirits could enter the alternate dimension) so when the world heard of how to defeat the spirits, everyone was in on it, rebelling against the spirits in the world and turning them into physical forms. The world regrew, and so did the families of the spirit people...

You are a descendant of one of the 12 families of spirit people, a humanoid in a sense, and you have control over how people see you, wether that be human, animal, or a bit of both. You also possess extraordinary powers, however unfortunately, if either your spirit self or your powers were to be shown to the general public, they would generally shred you to pieces remembering tragic history, and thinking you as an evil spirit. The CIA have sussed you out of the general rabble and placed you into a form of academy for you to revise upon your powers and to meet others like you. You have been moved from wherever you originated from to England without consent and are now situated far beneath London Tower. You can only go out into the light when the guards permit so, and when you do, and you fail to with-hold your spirit self, you are instantly shot down as others have before you. In here, you have to be strong willed, and survive, or your time will be miserable. You have no connection to family, friends or anyone for a matter of fact, which can be quite daunting too. This rp will be rough, tough, and an emotional roller coaster, with lots of chances for romance and violence.

I'd appreciate it if you would have a quick look to see if you would be interested in it or any improvements I could make... Also if someone was to help me and co-gm it with me I'd appreciate that too

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)