Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 27th, 2013 (10:13 AM).
♚ Here's looking at you, kid.

Nature: Relaxed
Hey there, I just have a quick inquiry that has been playing on my mind lately. There are some people throughout the Roleplay Corner who have asked how to make the 'pretty backgrounds' for SU sheets and plot/GM thread posts. Though I am more than willing to help people learn the CSS form here on PC (or direct them to RHCP's great little guide) I am wondering if people would prefer templates to use instead? Learning CSS can be a tedious process, especially in the beginning stages where many things can go wrong with no knowledge of how to fix it.

If I started a CSS template shop of sorts where you can take different SU/Thread layouts and I give instructions on how to modify to your liking would anyone be interested?

I appreciate you guys letting me know. Thank you ~ :3

"The energy you put out in this world, whether positive or negative, will come back to meet you someday."

Frequent Lurker of the Roleplay Theatre

Luca & Rosa in Venice: City of Masks

Pairless

Old November 27th, 2013 (10:25 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
Sovereign if you did that I would love you and hug you and then let you see satan without him murdering you, which is quite the honor, then bring you back to earth and then ask for your autograph coz you'll be famous in my eyes. Am I over-exaggerating?

Old November 27th, 2013 (10:36 AM).
:: Lives In SHADES of COOL ::
Silver Tier

@Sovereign. Like how Trade Shops have templates to copy and use? I think it could be done if people would like to. Either for SUs or RPs, I can see it working just great.

Although it's more about the contents of the CSS rather than the template itself so it's not really that necessary for making great plots/characters x3 Although it indeed is a nice extra if we could have "standard" templates of sorts available for grabs at any time :3

Chalifoux
Lives In Shades Of Cool
:: can't get thru his world ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old November 27th, 2013 (10:57 AM).

Oh I agree one hundred percent. The content is way more important than anything fancy you do on the exterior. It would just be for people who wanted to add a little extra. Like the topping on a cake or whatever. I just wanted to see if people were interested in standard templates.

Lol Crimson, I will note down that you are on board. Thanks for the response! I appreciate it.

"The energy you put out in this world, whether positive or negative, will come back to meet you someday."

Pairless

Old November 27th, 2013 (10:59 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

your very welcome, I look forward to it

Old November 27th, 2013 (12:21 PM).
Cookies are a necessary evil.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Dang Sovereign, I would love that... I have too many problems with code already, so a template would really help!

I might not be dead! I might be. I dunno. Nachos.
Old November 27th, 2013 (06:42 PM).
Steadfast Heart of Gold

Yeah I have to say that sounds like a wonderful idea indeed Sovereign, you've got my support although it's not worth much.
It doesn't matter who is wrong and who is right
Old November 27th, 2013 (07:05 PM).
what a lovely day
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Ehrmegerd Soverign i love you pleasee XD i suck at CSS and all the CSS stuff i use i have to ask for from Elite (thanks bebe ;D) lol those templates would be sooo soo useful
Old November 27th, 2013 (07:18 PM).
Furude
Moderator, CS

Nature: Mild
Soverign, yes please.

I like the opening posts of my RPs to be well organised and appealing to look at but my CSS is mediocre at best so I really love the idea. Plus now I won't have to pester Resolution or Adventure all the time

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old November 27th, 2013 (07:18 PM).
Steadfast Heart of Gold

Soooo my first RP hasn't even started yet but I'm super lame and think about how everything I get really into might be a Roleplay so I'm gonna share my nonsense anyways, and my new av/sig combo sort of gives it away.

I couldn't stop myself from thinking "what if there was a roleplay about various young martial artists fighting for their respective beliefs like in 'History's strongest Disciple"? Characters would start with a base martial art and work up to develop their own style, and eventually people would be divided into Katsujinken and Satsujinken (The Saving Fist and The Killing Fist respectively) and shenanigans would ensue all throughout. It would be a very interesting story.
Old November 27th, 2013 (07:19 PM).

Sovereign, that would be really cool. Although I do think I should learn CSS at some point, a template would be a really nice basis point to build from/have until I stop being lazy and actually learn CSS.
Old November 27th, 2013 (07:28 PM).
Furude
Moderator, CS

@Seph - the idea is rather intriguing but those of us who know little of martial arts could be quite limited in what we could write.

Pairs
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old November 27th, 2013 (07:32 PM).
Steadfast Heart of Gold

I don't know much about Martial Arts myself, and the universe of History's Strongest Disciple is quite fantastical in and of itself. Said reasons are why I was thinking someone could just start with the basics of the martial art of their choice (And since it would start from just the basics they could merely do a small amount of research or even more if they get excited.) And their character would develop their own style from the basis over time.

Examples of the basics: Tae Kwan Doe's emphasis on kicks, Jujitsu's extensive use of throws and grapples, Muay Thai's use of knees and elbows, use of a specific weapon or classes of weapon etc.
Old November 27th, 2013 (07:38 PM).
Furude
Moderator, CS

I guess that could work, I guess I'll wait and see what sort of story you put together but it is sounding interesting so far.

Pairs
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old November 27th, 2013 (11:24 PM).
Steadfast Heart of Gold

Yeah, I'm great at making something sound interesting in principle and then making a final product that people are usually disappointed in >.< But if I go through with it I'll definitely do my best to make it easy for regular people to understand. After all I myself am no expert on Martial Arts, besides a lot of techniques and what we did would come from our own imaginations, just with roots in the real world and loose ties to physics and whatnot
Old November 27th, 2013 (11:27 PM).
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
@Seph, sounds great but I don't know much about the worlds strongest disciple since I try to stay away from ecchi manga with some exceptions like if fan service isnt the main reason I am reading it. Is the killing fist a group of people who kill or just baddies?

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old November 27th, 2013 (11:33 PM).
Get 'em, Tibbers!
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Sovereign.:
Hey there, I just have a quick inquiry that has been playing on my mind lately. There are some people throughout the Roleplay Corner who have asked how to make the 'pretty backgrounds' for SU sheets and plot/GM thread posts. Though I am more than willing to help people learn the CSS form here on PC (or direct them to RHCP's great little guide) I am wondering if people would prefer templates to use instead? Learning CSS can be a tedious process, especially in the beginning stages where many things can go wrong with no knowledge of how to fix it.

If I started a CSS template shop of sorts where you can take different SU/Thread layouts and I give instructions on how to modify to your liking would anyone be interested?

I kind of thougth about that too and added a few basic templates for the people in my RP to use in our OOC post and even offered to make them custom versions xD Hasn't worked too great tho xD a certain (now) DemonicWolf deemed them "too girly" for his taste even tho they were just templates xD And most people would rather settle for copying one they like, changing the colours and that's that xD

But well, good luck and all ^-^

"Have you seen my bear Tibbers?"
Old November 28th, 2013 (12:08 AM). Edited November 28th, 2013 by Lord Sephear.
Steadfast Heart of Gold

@Chuckles Honestly to me the fan service feels like such a small part of it, I really like the story and themes, and Kenichi as a character. But to answer your question "The Killing Fist" Satsujinken is not a specific group of people, it's a philosophy. Those who follow the way of the killing fist train themselves not for self defense or to protect others, but to kill, their only goal is to prove they are the strongest, they believe killing is the superior path to power. Whereas "Katsujinken" The Saving Fist believes the greatest power comes from fighting to protect something, and using Martial Arts as a means to said protection, and to value life above all else yadda yadda.

Also just gonna add this in for everyone as a whole, if you look at my AKA thing or whatever you call it, when you're shortening call me Sephy :D It's mah Nickname in real life. Don't know why I felt the need to bring it up, it doesn't matter, but I did...BECAUSE RAISINS!
Old November 28th, 2013 (12:36 AM).
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
@Sephy, cool thanks for explaining that to me and also about the fanservice I might pick it up in a few weeks. I will see if I can join.

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old November 28th, 2013 (06:29 AM).
King of the Hell

Quote originally posted by Sovereign.:

That sounds like an interesting service, actually. You could have CSS loons all over submit their own templates for use!

Actually, as long as I'm credited on the templates, I wouldn't mind giving them out, mainly since I'm working on a new one at this moment.

Heya guys! If it wasn't obvious, this is DuskLunacy/WolfOfEve/Akio/Wolfy! Not only did I get my name shortened, but I got all of my profiles combined together into one. Now, all of my progress throughout PC is together (And I'm getting close to two years here on PC, yeah!!) so I mainly said this to clear up any possible confusion.

Why go from DuskLunacy to Dusk, though? Well, normally DL is my universal username for everything, but shortening it to Dusk just seems... Friendlier to me. And that's one of the things I love so much about this site. You guys are awesome! New or old, we have a constant flow of activity now (much better than the great drought of 2012 brought us) and more people to bring us crazy new perspectives and angles to RP and character alike!

That's why this username change comes with more of a personal change as well. If I ever had any problems with anyone, they're dissolved now. As far as I'm concerned, you're all amazing people in your own ways. If I was ever seemingly unfriendly before, that's going to change. I want it to be well-known, just how awesome this place is, and I'm going to reflect it in my personality too. A realist's display of positivity, if you would.

I love you guys, even in the darker times in my life this place is and always will be a sort of sanctuary and home for me.

You guys rock!!
Old November 28th, 2013 (07:22 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

Quote originally posted by †Dementia†:
a certain (now) DemonicWolf deemed them "too girly" for his taste even tho they were just templates xD And most people would rather settle for copying one they like, changing the colours and that's that xD
hehehe blue is too bright for me

Old November 28th, 2013 (10:03 AM).

@Kenneth, thank you very much for the interest and reply!

@Lord Sephear, your support is worth as much as anyone else, and I will take it into consideration as such. Thank you for the reply! :3

@ChiliDawgs, well I would be glad to help out. That is, if Elite doesn't mind me poaching their people lol. <3

@gimmepie, I know what you mean, I prefer my posts organized as well. I feel like the templates will definitely help some people who don't have the time to learn CSS, or just want a quick layout to utilize while focusing on their content.

@Ziposaki, thank you very much for the reply. I am in the process of getting a college degree for Web Development so I too am still learning all the tricks and trade of CSS. It is really fun to learn and manipulate. I would recommend it to anyone, but it takes some dedication to keep up with. The CSS form here on PC is pretty simplified, however it still has a lot of features available to you.

@Dusk, I could definitely integrate the idea of others submitting their own standard templates for public use, and credit will always be given where it was due. This will also help with the confusion of people quoting from your posts and reworking a custom CSS structure you built specifically for your own use. It would centralize all available templates that they can rework instead.

Pairless

Old November 28th, 2013 (10:33 AM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
I think Sovereigns idea would actually be pretty good or spreading some CSS literacy about. When I first learned CSS it was through tinkering with templates on a rp site where using CSS tables for posts was extremely commonplace. Tinker with templates enough and you eventually learn enough bits and pieces to write your own stuff.
Old November 28th, 2013 (11:50 AM).
adventure seeker
Moderator, CS

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Yes! I love to tweak the css of others to learn how to do new things. But most often I keep it basic haha. With only limited knowledge, you can do enough :3

There is a CSS resource thread over in T&I section... Just so you guys know. But templates would be really cool, Sovereign.

mod of Roleplay Theatre and Pokémon General
paired with seeker, creator of Phoenix Rising
Old November 28th, 2013 (03:31 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
A quick public service announcement. The Gijinka Project has been expanded to ten slots open, leaving three slots open for newcomers! With six awesome characters accepted already it won't be long until we get started. If epic sized conflicts, government conspiracies and pokemon/human hybrids sounds like your kind of thing, or if you were thinking of joining but weren't sure, then now's the time to come over to the OOC thread and join the cool kids!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)