Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 21st, 2013 (07:08 PM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
@Rintaro: I think the roleplaying corner is one of the friendliest RP environments around. Hopefully you enjoy yourself. I know plenty of us are happy to see fresh faces.
Old December 22nd, 2013 (04:32 AM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Time for shameless advertising~

Hello there fellow RPers!

Two spots have opened up in «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» note that we need more male players due to the amount of female players.

One spot has opened up in Youkai Academy I'm willing to open up another one is there's enough interest...

Click on the icons for the OOC thread~

Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old December 22nd, 2013 (04:56 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
Okay Guys, I have a little announcement to make. Due to the holidays, many people are going to be busy, so I won't be posting the IC thread to Factions Divided until AFTER the Holidays, therefore there is about 2 weeks to have a look at the thread and make an SU. (We have 8 places remaining)

If you need some convincing, basically this is a rp that you govern, you decide the laws of your lands, and you choose your own factions moves, concluded by the leaders permission (who will be one of you rp'ers) this was the rp has a lot of freedom with a little guidance. Each character is a high authority figure, each race has 2 types of magic, only one of which it can use, (for example, demons use fire or illusion magic) The aim of the game is to stop the demons from getting to the centre where they can obtain a powerful sword in order to gain control over the lands. You decide how you will stop, or help, these demons. Betrayel, trust, order, plans, ya know that sort of stuff is involved.

Old December 22nd, 2013 (03:19 PM).
Magnificent Turnip

So seeing as the holidays are starting up, I thought I might start up that RP I was talking about a while back, namely: Adventurers in Training: Icewind Dale (Name subject to change)

Spoiler:
“What’s happened to adventurers? It’s all namby-pamby now – none of the legendary stuff like back in the good old days. Them youngsters could learn a thing or two from the legends of old, don’t you think…?

Say… you don’t think there’s any way to magic up that kind of experience, do you?”

“Oh, gods, I knew I’d regret owing you a favour someday…”

So using Icewind Dale, the Black Isle game as a base, we're talking swords and spells and dungeons and dragons roleplaying, here. I'll probably go for stats and starting levels as reference points, but as a whole it should hopefully be a whole lot more free and non-restrictive. Got to get that balance between descriptive and constrictive, so it'll mainly just be in the sign-ups and not really there in the IC - just as sort of background information.

Thing is, I'm, ah, a little nervous. I've been in - what, three RPs? I don't know what kind of a number that is relative to the norm, but anyhow, never GMed before. Don't suppose anyone'd be willing to co-GM for little old me? Despite me being not at all old, and only a slight bit little?

Anyway, it'd be a while before it's up due to the fact that I've pretty much just started on it, but if anyone is interested in an RP like this then it'd be great to hear it. If anyone wants to get involved in the production stages, too, don't hesitate to let me know in some way - PM, VM, even a post in this thread - I'm subscribed, so whatever.

Old December 22nd, 2013 (03:27 PM).
King of the Hell

I'm curious; what forum themes do you all use? Do you stick with specific themes, or follow the default (which seems to change on occasion)? I ask because this can apply to the way Roleplays and posts look (with varying color themes, defaults, widths, etc.)
Old December 22nd, 2013 (03:35 PM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naive
ICEWIND DALE that sounds totally cool. A basic fantasy medieval RP. I think it could surely attract attention.

@ Dusk, I'm using Forever Standing and the Legacy setting, which makes many css-d posts stretch my page. But it doesn't hurt me much.

"Alright Gramps! Leave it all to me!"
mod of Roleplay Theatre and Pokémon General
proudly paired with seeker
staff collab july 2015
Old December 22nd, 2013 (03:46 PM).
Cookies are a necessary evil.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
I'm actually using the exact same theme as Rika, as well as the Legacy setting. I've been thinking of switching around, but I haven't done so... yet. So even my own CSS stretches my page. I don't mind really, it's not like I have to scroll back and forth while reading a post.

I might not be dead! I might be. I dunno. Nachos.
Old December 22nd, 2013 (04:13 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I use style'd. Wide body, simple and clean and its nice on the eyes. plus i prefer the white background and softer colours. :)
Old December 22nd, 2013 (05:37 PM).
ModeratorCS

Yeah, as a RPer, you want a style that isn't too tedious annoying for the eyes.

staff collab july 2015
Old December 22nd, 2013 (05:39 PM).
On our backs and in our hearts!

Nature: Relaxed
I use Dawn of Champions, and a lot of times it makes it really difficult (sometimes impossible) to read certain CSS'. But I love it, so I just power on through.
Old December 22nd, 2013 (05:49 PM).
Crystal Tier

I'm currently using the Let's Fly Together theme. I can barely stand themes that have light text on a dark background. The light grey background is easy on my eyes and isn't too bright either.

But in reality, I'm just using the forum default. I like to be surprised when it changes~
Old December 22nd, 2013 (11:27 PM).
King of the Hell

Personally, I use PokeLink 4 Blue. It's one of the most basic-yet-nice themes, and has the most width.

SOULBOND: A Twisted Kanto Journey is posted! Here's the relevant half of the OOC post for you to read up on until it comes out!

Spoiler:
note
The following may not be suitable to all ages.
The following is suitable for roleplayers 13 and up.

SOULBOND

STORY
"Pokémon. No one knows where they came from, or why. And no one questions it. In times long past, our great ancestors discovered the Forest of Spirits, where the first Pokémon were said to have originated. Since then, Fuchsia City became the start of many individuals' journeys. It didn't take long for a tradition to form; Children, from ages five to ten, are sent into the Forest of Spirits alone, to find their Pokémon with whom they are spiritually connected to. Pokémon and Humans seem to have a special bond, which we've named 'Soulbond'."

"Scientists have done their best to research this mysterious bond, but cannot figure out just why it happens. We do know that pain is shared between the Human and Pokémon, and that we can speak with them through our thoughts. It sounds amazing, right? It would be, if everyone had a Soulbond. Some people simply don't have Soulbonds, meaning not everyone has a Pokémon ally. As of late, though, some questionable characters in black and red garb have started showing up in Fuchsia and causing trouble..."

"When asked about their intentions, they'd merely reply, 'What's it to ya?' or 'Official Rocket business, now scram!' Curious, my father and I looked into it. News articles had started showing up around the time the suspicious black-and-red visitors did. It seems that some Pokémon have been reported missing by their Soulbonds, and all suspects have been described as wearing black uniforms with a large red 'R' on the chest. Little did we know, confronting the suspect visitors to Fuchsia caused a whole lot of craziness."

"Shortly after, these 'Rockets' began to show up in most every town and city in Kanto, causing all sorts of problems for everyone. Crime skyrocketed within a few days and you can't go anywhere in Kanto anymore without hearing about the Rockets. From robbing the PokéMarts, to taking Pokémon, to hostile takeovers, the Rockets have become a major crime syndicate all across Kanto, and we need strong, courageous Soulbonds to help take a stand, and clear the Rockets out of Kanto! Be careful, though; your Pokémon Soulbond is more valuable than you think."

"Sparring is a very common interest in those with a Soulbond. It keeps us active, healthy, and strong. It's also taught us a lot about Soulbonds. When either the Human or the Pokemon takes damage, so does their Soulbond. When one faints, so does the other. One cannot live without the other; if one dies, so does the other. These Soulbonds are just as dangerous as they are helpful. The souls of the two are forever intertwined, and simply cannot be separated without endangering both of them."

"As for those without their Soulbonds..." Janine uncrossed her legs before crossing them again the opposite way. "All those that reported their Soulbond missing either grew too weak to move, fell into a coma, or died." Adjusting her scarf, Janine rested her hand over her Soulbond, Ariados. "Sometimes all three, in that order. We believe that this is what happens when a Soulbond is separated for too long, though no scientist is willing to test it, for good reason. Anyway, you're here because we need young warriors willing to risk it all to put an end to the Rockets. I assume you're ready to go, if you've come here."

Rising from her seat, Janine pointed a finger outward, toward the group of young Soulbonds before her. "We've gotten word that the Tower of the Dead has seen a lot of Rocket activity, so unless you have any objections, we head for Lavender town immediately! We have a long walk there, so you can get acquainted with one another on the way. For now, follow me to route 15."

WHO AM I?
You play as a Human Soulbonded with a Pokémon, who, upon seeing a flyer requesting help from Soulbonds within your age range, have headed to Fuchsia City to form a team against the Rockets. You will experience a journey throughout an alternate world's Kanto, while discovering the many ways it differs from the Kanto you may be used to. Your decisions made within the RP can and will have an impact on the story's ending. Technology is at the same point as it is in modern Pokémon games, though certain items like Pokéballs don't exist (obviously) since there are no wild Pokémon in this world. We'll be following a semi-linear path (meaning decisions will be involved) with events prepared and scattered all over with the potential to be triggered. We'll be travelling through most of Kanto, with some time in towns and cities for interaction between characters, personal character development, and even potential side-quests. If you have ideas for side-quests for your character (that may or may not involve other characters) feel free to PM me to see if it works.

SYNOPSIS
Soulbonds have gathered from all across Kanto to Fuchsia City's Gym, where Janine has called them to fight against a new threat. By boat, train, Pokémon or foot, the Soulbonds have met up with the group. Janine leads the group to Route 15 as they aim to reach Lavender Town.

MAP
Be aware that some areas or places may not be the same as the map shows, since this is an alternate Kanto. For example, the Safari Zone is now the Forest of Spirits, meaning it's a dense, deep forest, instead of marshland.

Old December 22nd, 2013 (11:56 PM).
Hey hoo~

Soulbond reminds me "the golden compass". I think I might join.

--

I'm still having one open spot for Youkai Academy. The spots for Sword Art Online has been filled.
Sisters
Theme
Old December 23rd, 2013 (12:26 AM).
ModeratorCS

I enjoy using Pokélink 4 too, but the pink version. Gray on gray is pretty nice for your eyes, unless your eyesight is somewhat poor maybe.

Oh, now that you mention it, PS, it is pretty similar to The Golden Compass. I loved that book. I guess that means I'll at least be reading the Soulbond RP :)

But I think I've reached my max when it comes to number of RPs to join. Like, 4?

staff collab july 2015
Old December 23rd, 2013 (02:44 AM).
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Retro Bug
I typically use darker skins, The Johto Elite is my fav skin and I haven't changed (other than glancing at other skins) it since it came out. Though, I do like Let's Fly Together...

Only thing that sucks about darker skins is that people tend to forget about them when coding CSS or posts in general, which makes said posts entirely unreadable or bothersome.

Delta Mayor
Atlantean World Changer
Skills: Crystallization, Crystal Manipulation, and Close-Range Combat
pair: CarefulWetPaint
Old December 23rd, 2013 (06:22 AM).
well
Gold Tier

I use the Y-Axis theme and yup, get the same problem as Retro. Plus the width of the posts is tiny on the theme and with addition to me using Legacy setting means that just about every post which has CSS in it bleeds out lol.
Old December 23rd, 2013 (06:44 AM).
Get 'em, Tibbers!
Platinum Tier

One more day of being super busy (cooking for Christmas dinner and stuff in progress @w@) and then I'll be back to all of you, lovely people, especially to Apollo <3
I'm sorry I've neglected you Q~Q *pets the RP*

Hope you guys are all ok and stuff <3

"Have you seen my bear Tibbers?"
Old December 23rd, 2013 (11:12 AM).
Cookies are a necessary evil.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
If we're still on the topic of themes, I'm messing with Chromatic 2.0 and it's working fine for me at the moment. It's my secondary theme if I'm tired of Let's Fly Together.

I might not be dead! I might be. I dunno. Nachos.
Old December 23rd, 2013 (11:14 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

I quite like Hypno's lullaby myself

And dementia I missed you so much ;_;

Old December 23rd, 2013 (06:45 PM).
:: Lives In SHADES of COOL ::
Silver Tier

Ew, legacy.

Jk, I also use the legacy post bit, plus REBOOT:BW, which, combined, makes for a nice little contrast of blue, gray and white. However, legacy does make CSS torture the skin's width most of the time. Although it also makes plain text posts look a lot longer :P The theme itself is my favorite so far, although the very, very dark colors of CSS are a huge pain in my eyes.
Overall, it is quite OK, and I can power thru most stretched pages.

Chalifoux
Lives In Shades Of Cool
:: can't get thru his world ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old December 23rd, 2013 (08:15 PM).
The Unconscious Wanderer
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I don't know why I use this one, but I use Route 167+ as my theme. It's a theme I ended up liking and never really changed out of. I'm used to it, anyway.
Old December 24th, 2013 (01:58 AM).
ModeratorCS

"dark colors of css"? "Only thing that sucks about darker skins is that people tend to forget about them when coding CSS or posts"?

Isn't one of the reasons why css-ing is great that you can define what background and color everything should be, to safeguard what your post looks like against people with different forum styles? If you set background color and font color (and hyperlink color I guess), it doesn't matter what skin you use. The post should look about the same to everyone. But maybe some people forget to define font color or something.

staff collab july 2015
Old December 24th, 2013 (03:50 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

I use Modern as it's really simple and clean :3

Christmas incoming!~

Be careful with trying to joint post around this time, it's going to be busy for most people and I expect that RP activity will have a serious lul over the next week.
Old December 24th, 2013 (04:32 AM). Edited December 24th, 2013 by Rose Quartz.
Hey hoo~

Quote originally posted by Magic Fox:
I use Modern as it's really simple and clean :3
Pun intended or not intended? That's the question...

I'm currently using Let's fly together as PC theme and my only reason for this is that it's a nice theme and that I like it a lot.

I might try some other theme's once I change my CSS code in my posts but... I don't think that'll happen anytime soon c: or.. maybe it will happen anytime soon, who knows~

EDIT: Now I suddenly seem to be using winter friends.
Sisters
Theme
Old December 24th, 2013 (10:59 AM).
Crystal Tier

Pokemon Fallout Part 2

has been accepted! (WOOPS) It's open and because of the premature acceptance you have plenty of time to plot out ideas and make your character. (I'm estimating at least a week before I even consider making the IC thread, mostly because I want all the cool kids with all the cool gifts to get a chance at submitting their character before the RP starts.)

---

In other news, Merry Christmas' Eve! Have you ever wondered why we refer to the day before Christmas as Christmas Eve(ning)? I did, and apparently it's just a really old tradition from an older version of the English language. I actually didn't Google that, though. I asked my father instead. While you're spending time with your family this holiday maybe you should ask your parents something about ye olden days. They just might tell you a neat story about your culture's past, and you might then use that story to create a 70s themed RP dedicated entirely to worshipping Miror B--The more you know!

edit: I am also using Winter Friends, but I'm set to use the forum default so I'm okay with this.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)