The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 24th, 2013, 01:11 PM
CyBeastSaber
I'M BACK!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CyBeastSaber

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
I'm still having one open spot for Youkai Academy. The spots for Sword Art Online has been filled.
I will think about it after I read through the whole RP (1k posts oh gawds.) Any gender preference u guys might want?

I've returned.... but only for a while. *wink*

And Soulbound seems fun....
Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code: 0002 5629 0917
Cookie Pointo:
PinkSapphire: 1

Guess that anime!
Quote:
Boy likes girl. Girl doesn't like boy. Boy is heartbroken and mulls around until BAM, he turns into seksay winged bishounen who catches the attention of girl but falls for girl's twin sister who falls for boy who falls for HER and-

Confusing? Betcha.

Last edited by CyBeastSaber; December 24th, 2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old December 24th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
Merry Christmas everyone! In may not be in your part of the world, but it soon will be! As I have done for the past couple years, I'm happy for everyone to go off topic for a little while to talk about your Christmas adventures, whether they be your family dinners or just what you got for Christmas! and even if you don't celebrate it, just tell us how you spend your holiday.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!
Old December 24th, 2013, 01:20 PM
CyBeastSaber
I'M BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Merry Christmas everyone! In may not be in your part of the world, but it soon will be! As I have done for the past couple years, I'm happy for everyone to go off topic for a little while to talk about your Christmas adventures, whether they be your family dinners or just what you got for Christmas! and even if you don't celebrate it, just tell us how you spend your holiday.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!
Ehhhhhh!? Well.... Just gonna be eating 2-3 different Christmas dinners so... yeah... I think that 1k+ Youkai Academy will be keeping me busy reading...
Cookie Pointo:

Guess that anime!
Quote:
Boy likes girl. Girl doesn't like boy. Boy is heartbroken and mulls around until BAM, he turns into seksay winged bishounen who catches the attention of girl but falls for girl's twin sister who falls for boy who falls for HER and-

Confusing? Betcha.
Old December 24th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyBeastSaber View Post
Ehhhhhh!? Well.... Just gonna be eating 2-3 different Christmas dinners so... yeah... I think that 1k+ Youkai Academy will be keeping me busy reading...
You know, I could just summarize it all for you. I've done it before, it would be no problem.
Old December 24th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
By the way, 'cause Magic Fox totally pulled a last-minute Christmas special, Soulbond is up as well in the Lounge. Currently 6 spots open for reservation, if you feel you're up for it.

Old December 24th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyBeastSaber View Post
I will think about it after I read through the whole RP (1k posts oh gawds.) Any gender preference u guys might want?

I've returned.... but only for a while. *wink*

And Soulbound seems fun....
There's not really a gender preference since the gender's are pretty balanced c:
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old December 24th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Dusk

SOULBOND
6 Spots
Available

Note that any reservations requested from now to the day after Christmas will last until January 2nd, to compensate for the business of holidays!

Old December 24th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Ray Maverick
Hit me up!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ray Maverick
Hey guys, happy holidays to begin with.

Is anyone interested in a Pokemon-only pirate RP? I'm pumped for making one, I'd be glad if you guys were game with me. If the answer is yes, could you please state what you would like (or love!) to see in such an RP? I'm open to ideas, mates.

"I'm surrounded by capable Pokemon who don't need me in battle. If they get themselves bloodied, and I am clean by the end of the battle, how long before they start questioning my bravery?"
- Garland Fordring, leader of the Exathian Gold Tribe

Old December 24th, 2013, 08:04 PM
revlis
Ooh, Ooh! I vote makeovers!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Merry Xmas from the future!

I bring to you all, the beginnings of a Demon Hunter RP. It's not Pokemon, but its just as good!
Old December 24th, 2013, 10:23 PM
CyBeastSaber
I'M BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geras32 View Post
You know, I could just summarize it all for you. I've done it before, it would be no problem.
Oho? Well, if you don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
There's not really a gender preference since the gender's are pretty balanced c:
:D It's to let me think on what to choose to play. Cuz you know... I'm torn between a baka Fairy or ero Tengu. :DDDDD
Cookie Pointo:

Guess that anime!
Quote:

Confusing? Betcha.
Old December 24th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Jegretis

Nature: Jolly
Merry Christmas everyone! If you don't celebrate Christmas, then happy holidays! I know it's not really RP related but I just wanted everyone in the RP to be wished some wonderful holiday times
Old December 24th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone! Hope the holidays go well for y'all!

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old December 24th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Happy Holidays~

Mine starts with wrapping presents. Yep, I don't wrap them until like 3AM the day of! Be sure to regale us of tales of your holiday, like what you got or how much fun you're having.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT

Last edited by Vintage Arachnid; December 24th, 2013 at 11:59 PM. Reason: ~
Old December 25th, 2013, 12:37 AM
CyBeastSaber
I'M BACK!

Boom... and here I stayed up all night for santa... I'm sad... Happy ho ho Holidays folks and a Merry Christmas. (not that I'm getting any presents lolz)
Cookie Pointo:

Guess that anime!
Quote:

Confusing? Betcha.
Old December 25th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Nature: Naive
Merry Christmas everyone! To take the opportunity to step offtopic, I'll let you know that we always celebrate Christmas on the 24th so it's already over since yesterday for me :p One thing I got was the Hunger Games trilogy books. I loved the movies but the saying goes that the books are always better. So maybe I'll be eager about a Hunger Games RP soon enough ;)

Don't listen when people say "those kind of RPs always die" - never stop trying if there's a RP you really like and think could work! Imo, it's all about having fun in the present, future can wait.

So merry christmas, lovely RPC, enjoy family and food and everything that comes with it. <3
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Old December 25th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Ozymandias
we're just two lost souls
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Merry Christmas Rp family! :3 I hope all of yall enjoy today and grt what you wanted
Old December 25th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Dusk

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hope you all have a glorious time, even if you don't celebrate!

Old December 27th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Do you guys prefer to have mystery or competition as a driving force for plot and play in a RP? Many RPs let players choose sides and battle each other in one way or another, while other RPs let players take on more allied relationships and strive together through a story or mystery.

I'm sure there are many other driving forces in RPs too. These are pretty basic though. I usually go with the mystery thing for my own RPs, preferring to hold onto strings of the story until I really need to show what they connect to.
Old December 27th, 2013, 07:28 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
I don't really know which I prefer, sometimes I even use both in tandem.

It really depends on what the idea behind an RP is I guess. For example, The Hoenn Diaries may include a little as far as competition goes but it isn't really a driving force. The plot is driven primarily by the characters and their various quests to achieve different goals rather than a specific mindset or aim.

Also, hope everyone enjoyed Christmas.
Old December 27th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Magic

I prefer competition, as (generally) mystery takes a long time to either develop or for things to be explained.

A question brought up in IC could take months to be answered, etc.

Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon.

It may drop out of the sky suddenly. If attacked by a Spearow, it will violently shake its leaves.
Old December 27th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Gimmepie, a driving force for journey rps is probably progression :) like the will to gain levels, complete chapters, build a team.

Peter, yeah it takes patience for a GM to pull good mysteries. And activity by rpers.
Old December 27th, 2013, 10:42 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
I think it's really hard to make an RP anyone cares about if you don't preserve any sense of mystery. Even your stereotypical RP fight tournament has some mystery to it in the sense of not knowing who will win.

Take out all the mystery altogether, and any given RP will crumble.
Old December 27th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
mystery obvs. every time me and ichiro pull a plot twist in Atlantis we love to see everyone's reactions. ;)

whenever I follow a storyline in a roleplay, the thing that keeps me going is finding out what happens next
Old December 27th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Oh, I wish I could spill all the true plot of MAO right here right now because I actually think it's cool. So full of myself when it comes to plots ._. sorry if that's disturbing haha.

Come to think about it, have you guys ever written a fanfic (or original fic maybe) based on a plot from a RP? Atlantis would be an epic tale worthy of becoming a TV show for example, Pokémon Fallout would be an awesome 18+ spinoff pokémon anime.
Old December 27th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
Do you guys prefer to have mystery or competition as a driving force for plot and play in a RP? Many RPs let players choose sides and battle each other in one way or another, while other RPs let players take on more allied relationships and strive together through a story or mystery.

I'm sure there are many other driving forces in RPs too. These are pretty basic though. I usually go with the mystery thing for my own RPs, preferring to hold onto strings of the story until I really need to show what they connect to.
Spoiler:

Mystery is more fun in the long term in the RP, though like Fox said it takes a long time for all the questions to be answered properly/answered or have plot twists in a perfect moment, and sometimes RPs die out before that can happen and so all the planning for the mystery to be resolved would be wasted. /badenglishbutyougetme

Competition is more straight to the point and easier to GM and roleplay with, but has less thrills and longevity-potential imo.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here