Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 27th, 2013 (04:24 PM).
Magnificent Turnip

@People-in-general - Hey, guys, you know that RP I was talking about before? Now titled Adventurers in Training - D&D: Icewind Dale, I think I'm just about done with the main post, so... um... yay?

I haven't managed to go for that pretty pictures and CSS stuff, but I've used size and indents and bold and italics and spoilers to make things all tidy-like. I haven't GMed before, be gentle... Should I just go for it as-is? If anyone's up for a swords, sorcery and general badassery RP, then it might be coming soon to an RP corner near you... or the lounge, or whatever. Just FYI, when it is ready to post, do I just go ahead and post it to the RP Lounge thread, and it gets moderated from there?

Still, if anyone's interested in generally helping out and/or possibly co-GMing, I'd be glad. I'm a rookie here, you know

On subject, though...

@Adventure - I find that competition is good when done well, but can be a little risky. Direct competition, specifically. If two characters controlled by two different people face off in an environment with little-or-no rules, you're gonna have a bad time. Luckily for us, pretty much everyone here is pretty cool on the subject.

Mystery is pretty good, too. Can't really knock it, there isn't anything quite like a mind=blown moment in an RP that you didn't see coming. And again, secrets create interest - inquisitive little creatures, humans are...

Yeah. I mean, I like competition, and I also like mystery. But which is better? There's only one way to find out: FFFFIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHTTT

Old December 27th, 2013 (05:48 PM).
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
Okay so Christmas is over for sure now, so I need to ask people if they would join my rp factions divided, due to the fact the amount of people joined is low, and without more people i simply can't start, need at least 8 people to start, with a maximum of 12. And I've only got 3 or 4 unless some people have dropped out... Would be appreciated if you could at least check it out.

Old December 28th, 2013 (03:17 AM).
the demons in our minds
CS

Nature: Naive
Quote:
I haven't managed to go for that pretty pictures and CSS stuff, but I've used size and indents and bold and italics and spoilers to make things all tidy-like. I haven't GMed before, be gentle... Should I just go for it as-is? If anyone's up for a swords, sorcery and general badassery RP, then it might be coming soon to an RP corner near you... or the lounge, or whatever. Just FYI, when it is ready to post, do I just go ahead and post it to the RP Lounge thread, and it gets moderated from there?
I'm not exactly an expert css-artist, but if you feel like it you can PM me the opening post and I can try to tweak it a bit :3 And yes, when you feel ready you just post it in the Roleplay Lounge like with any new thread on PC. If things work correctly, you should be able to see your thread in the index directly, and be able to edit it, but it won't be visible to other members until Maddy or Peter have approved it. Which happens at a nice pace these days, good work mods!

moderator of
Roleplay Theatre

roleplayer in
Crossroads x Digimon
Titans x Legends

Old December 28th, 2013 (07:23 PM).
Awesome Dragon
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
So would anyone be interested in a part survival-mystery dungeon RP. Like at the start, it's mystery dungeon until later on where it turns into a survival contest.
Old December 28th, 2013 (10:35 PM).
King of the Hell

Four spots available at this very moment for SOULBOND! Go ahead and save yourself a spot here!
Old December 29th, 2013 (03:05 PM).
Magnificent Turnip

BUUUUUP, uh, I gaffed up a little on the title. Just submitted Adventurers in Training - D&D: Icewind Dale for review on the RP Lounge, forgot to add the [OOC/SU][T] things, my bad

Old December 29th, 2013 (04:20 PM).
Conductor of the POOP TRAIN!

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
Quote originally posted by True Epicness:
BUUUUUP, uh, I gaffed up a little on the title. Just submitted Adventurers in Training - D&D: Icewind Dale for review on the RP Lounge, forgot to add the [OOC/SU][T] things, my bad :(
Don't worry too much. You should be able to alert Skymin or Magic Fox about the problem, and they can fix it up quick. :)
Old December 29th, 2013 (09:44 PM).

Nature: Jolly
Just out of curiosity has anyone ever attempted at a Harry Potter RP? Would anyone even be interested in one?
Old December 30th, 2013 (12:35 AM).
Awesome Dragon
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Jegretis:
Just out of curiosity has anyone ever attempted at a Harry Potter RP? Would anyone even be interested in one?
I would love you forever if you managed to pull Taht off Jegy!
Old December 30th, 2013 (01:46 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Lol I was just merely being curious. But how would a Harry Potter RP work? Of course I would assume it would be non-canon to avoid conflict with original characters and such, but other than that I would think it would be sandbox with events here and there.
Old December 30th, 2013 (02:26 AM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Pokemon Fallout Part Two is closing in on it's starting point, but you still have plenty of time to make an SU if you'd like to be there when the RP starts! (Probably a little less than a week at least.)

You should give it a read if you haven't already! We're going for darkest RP 2014 this time. I intend for there to be a healthy blend of the freedom of sandbox with the guidance of a journey RP.
Old December 30th, 2013 (02:47 AM).
the demons in our minds
CS

Quote originally posted by True Epicness:
BUUUUUP, uh, I gaffed up a little on the title. Just submitted Adventurers in Training - D&D: Icewind Dale for review on the RP Lounge, forgot to add the [OOC/SU][T] things, my bad :(
There are no rules saying that must be in the title; if your thread is in the Lounge, it is naturally assumed that it's not the IC ^^ So don't worry!

moderator of
Roleplay Theatre

roleplayer in
Crossroads x Digimon
Titans x Legends

Old December 30th, 2013 (08:34 AM).
Furude
Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
Just thought I'd let everyone know that there are currently three open places in The Hoenn Diaries. There's a bit of info posted in the spoiler below but basically what it comes down to is that it's a Journey RP with a plot driven by the characters in their quest to fulfil their own unique goals.

Spoiler:

H O E N N † D I A R I E S
[ PRESS START ]

It's been several years ever since the events of Pokémon Emerald took place. Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza have returned to their eternal slumber in hidden sectors within the landmass, and the region of Hoenn has fallen into a state of peace and prosperity. More and more challengers are rising up as they try to take on both the Hoenn League and the contest scene - natives to the island and tourists alike -. Young trainers are appearing in droves each looking to achieve their goals and realize their every ambition. And you are one such trainer, a young male or female from Lavaridge Town or small settlements nearby, and you are about to begin your own journey. You will experience fierce battles, view captivating contests and take on many other challengers as you seek to fulfil your dreams – whatever they happen to be.

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old December 30th, 2013 (10:17 AM).
Magnificent Turnip

Yeah, I think someone mentioned a similar slip-up to mine a while back on this thread and it got sorted, I figured I should mention it.

Old December 30th, 2013 (11:07 AM).
the demons in our minds
CS

To anyone I'm in a RP with: I apologize if I seem off, I can't often access PC other than on my phone these days and hate to make RP posts from the phone. There are january exams coming up, among other things. I'll do my best to post when I can :3

moderator of
Roleplay Theatre

roleplayer in
Crossroads x Digimon
Titans x Legends

Old December 31st, 2013 (02:16 PM).
Magnificent Turnip

Heeey guys, Adventurers in Training - D&D: Icewind Dale is now up on the RP Lounge! Check it out if you're interested in kicking goblin behind. Or skewering it with a sword, or whatever.

Yaay, everyone loves shameless advertising...

Old December 31st, 2013 (10:13 PM).
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
Happy New Year to all, and to all a good night! Wait...
Old January 1st, 2014 (03:23 AM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Happy new year everyone~ May 2014 be a great year for everyone!
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old January 1st, 2014 (03:37 AM).
in the face
Gold Tier

Happy new year from me aswell! Here's for all of us to find more time to rp even more this year. :p
Old January 1st, 2014 (03:55 AM).
the demons in our minds
CS

Happy New Year from me too! I shall remain a RPC regular until the end of my days, 2014 included :3

moderator of
Roleplay Theatre

roleplayer in
Crossroads x Digimon
Titans x Legends

Old January 1st, 2014 (04:35 AM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
happy new year everyone! as my first day ends quite splendidly, i hope the rest of your year is the same. :)
Old January 1st, 2014 (05:00 AM).
Steadfast Heart of Gold

Nature: Relaxed
Happy new Years everyone! My resolutions are to make Sekirei: Wings of Fate succeed! By the way anybody who hasn't please take a look at it, two of our accepted members had to drop out and another one is nowhere to be found, we need more people. On that note screw "If you haven't already" take a second look at it and decide to join this time! >.<

And to actually do something meaningful with my life. And of course to eat EVEN MORE CHEESE than I did this year.
It doesn't matter who is wrong and who is right
Old January 3rd, 2014 (12:13 AM).
the demons in our minds
CS

Time for a li'l survey again. How many RPs are you part of right now? How many of them do you GM?

moderator of
Roleplay Theatre

roleplayer in
Crossroads x Digimon
Titans x Legends

Old January 3rd, 2014 (02:20 AM).
Furude
Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
I'm currently a part of three RPs; the Hoenn Diaries, Yokai Academy and One Piece: The Golden Age and out of those I'm GMing the Hoenn Diaries. This actually a pretty small amount for me I guess considering I dropped to this from being a part of like eight RPs (six of which I GM'd), but I just haven't had the time. xD

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old January 3rd, 2014 (02:49 AM).
the demons in our minds
CS

Oh, I thought you were in much more still. But yeah, times change. I'm in 3 RPs now: Hoenn Diaries, digiMemory and Monster Art Online. I'm a GM in the latter. I guess 3 is a good number, if they are engaging RPs :]

moderator of
Roleplay Theatre

roleplayer in
Crossroads x Digimon
Titans x Legends

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links