The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:24 PM
-Nocturnal
Vengeance.

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to -Nocturnal Send a message via Yahoo to -Nocturnal

Advertise here
Quote:
yes, believe it or not you newer members, but there were two different RP sections back in the day; I think they merged in '10?)
actually i was there when the two subforums merged. At first, there's a forum called RolePlay Lounge, and that's where you put the OOCs. There were two sub-forums, one called Pokemon Roleplay, the other one called Other Roleplay or some sort. It merged uh...in like March 2011. It was really recent.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:42 PM
Sewaddle
➠Adowable

Nature: Naive
This was before then :3 Pokemon Roleplay was a section on its own with an OOC section and Other Roleplay was a section on its own with an OOC section. They were both in different areas on the forum. But I totally forgot that it was like you said when the first merge occurred :P
Old July 22nd, 2011, 08:33 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Yes, the merge was pretty recent. And, of course, right after the merge, a bunch of Other RPs were made.
My last RP, Worlds Collide, was made like two days before the merge. I remember because Red (Yus, this was also after Michaela's modship) stuck it in "Other RPs".

On another topic, my very first RP on this site (my second ever) was The Argent Tournament by Grifspark and Ray Maverick. Then Ray went AWOL, and Grif had computer issues... and it died :| Luckily, Ray came back :) Grif visited the website recently, but he's not officially back :(
Old July 22nd, 2011, 08:50 PM
killet513
Death the Kid

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewaddle View Post
I do remember Pokemon Roleplay being fairly active back when I RPed in '08-'09, but Other Roleplay (yes, believe it or not you newer members, but there were two different RP sections back in the day; I think they merged in '10?) was fairly quiet. So the Age of Silence was most likely '10 at least, but definitely before that for Other Roleplay. I guess it would make sense, seeing how this a Pokemon forum, after all, and there are other sites dedicated to all sorts of Roleplay (like LiveJournal, though the Roleplaying there is far different from forum Roleplaying).
I so remember that. Goodness, it doesn't seem that it had been that long. I remember checking out the Other Roleplays and there were maybe four tops, but when I would check the Pokemon Roleplays, it had about three pages worth of RPs.

"A healthy soul resides
in a healthy mind
and a healthy body"
Old July 22nd, 2011, 08:54 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortworth96 View Post
So I've completely revised The Searchers and this is the basic plot I've come up with: Strong pokemon, as well as their trainers if they have any, from around the Mt. Silver and Union Cave areas have been disappearing. A group of young, unevolved pokemon who have lost friends and family set out to find the cause of the disappearances, which is a rather small organization known as Team Devastation. Team Devastation is experimenting on the pokemon and trainers they capture as they try to create "the perfect being" with which they will try to rule the world.

I'd have an amount of time set for the pokemon to defeat Team Devastation before they create their "perfect being". RPers would be able to join either as a pokemon or as a member of Team Devastation.

What do you think? Is it good? Does it still need some work? Would you join?
Me thinks my post was ignored o-o

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Fire Emblem: The Rift War (OOC/IC) as Adina Maralyn
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:36 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Yeah, I remember the Other Roleplay section, only because TWEWY/Pokémon roleplay was put in there. It died after a few posts ;~;

But yeah, the Other Roleplay usually had 3 or 4 active at a time, compared to the main Pokémon section, which had at LEAST 15. You know... this is the only place I've PROPERLY roleplayed. I used to go on roleplay forums but they were all so confusing!

I have the honor of never being declined from a roleplay though! *puffs chest out*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortworth96 View Post
Me thinks my post was ignored o-o
I think we're all bathing in nostalgia here.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:41 PM
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
I don't think it's hard not to get declined... : U As long as your writing is up to par with what's correct and you add enough description and character depth, you should be fine.

Oh man, the RP section merge... Used to be that the Other Roleplay section would see little to no activity, which might be what prompted the merge. Now people actually LOOK at the non-Pokemon RPs, which is a refreshing change of pace.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:03 AM
-Nocturnal
Vengeance.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to -Nocturnal Send a message via Yahoo to -Nocturnal
I dunno what happened before the Age of Silence though :D someone mind making the previous ages? :D
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:04 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

I can't even REMEMBER. Seriously. I do remember I usually left during the dead periods, which made them worse hahaha.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 01:42 AM
slls81
What does that even mean?

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nocturnal View Post
I dunno what happened before the Age of Silence though :D someone mind making the previous ages? :D
I might be biased, but I still think the RP corner was busier and more vibrant back in 2008 when I first joined than it is now. That's not to say that the RP corner hasn't improved recently, it's certainly in a better state than it was at the end of 2009/most of last year. I think this 'Age of Silence' pretty much covers that period.

From what I remember of the RP corner a few years back, it was pretty much a flavour of the month type system. You'd get periods where 5 or 6 Mystery Dungeon RP's would crop up at the same time, followed by a series of adventure RP's. Oh, and not to forget the monthly attempt by someone to set up a pokemon school/academy RP which would invariably die before sign up were even filled
Old July 23rd, 2011, 04:48 AM
Sewaddle
➠Adowable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
I don't think it's hard not to get declined... : U
Try writing an SU where the purpose is to NOT write at least two paragraphs for appearance, personality, history, etc. I did that and got rejected from one from of Mika's RPs ;; That was the only time though. Other than that, the worst that's happened to me was a "Pending" status. Unless you count LiveJournal Roleplays. Aw man was I rejected in quite a few of those. But I had also signed up canon characters, not OCs.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 07:00 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
I'm kinda sad that there's no Funniest Roleplayer position in the RolePlay Awards. x/ Whoever does the next one do include that or I'll skin you alive!!!!!!! MUAHAAHAHAHAAA!! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by slls81 View Post
From what I remember of the RP corner a few years back, it was pretty much a flavour of the month type system. You'd get periods where 5 or 6 Mystery Dungeon RP's would crop up at the same time, followed by a series of adventure RP's. Oh, and not to forget the monthly attempt by someone to set up a pokemon school/academy RP which would invariably die before sign up were even filled
Nostalgia of PMD!!! *drinks in* X3

Old July 23rd, 2011, 10:00 AM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slls81 View Post
I might be biased, but I still think the RP corner was busier and more vibrant back in 2008 when I first joined than it is now. That's not to say that the RP corner hasn't improved recently, it's certainly in a better state than it was at the end of 2009/most of last year. I think this 'Age of Silence' pretty much covers that period.

From what I remember of the RP corner a few years back, it was pretty much a flavour of the month type system. You'd get periods where 5 or 6 Mystery Dungeon RP's would crop up at the same time, followed by a series of adventure RP's. Oh, and not to forget the monthly attempt by someone to set up a pokemon school/academy RP which would invariably die before sign up were even filled :P
THE POKEMON SCHOOLS! I was in maybe one RP back then but those were awful, but only because they were all the same. But it seems like the "Silent" periods have the most detailed and best written RP's. Take the original "Path Between Light and Darkness" or "Uprising" those were really well written. But this was also back when Alter Ego was mod. She was alot less active than RHCP though. At least towards the end of her reign.

AE V.S. RHCP!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
Nostalgia of PMD!!! *drinks in* X3
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! don't get any ideas. PMD started one-liners, kinda, because they required teams which generated short back and forth posts.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 11:19 AM
Sewaddle
➠Adowable

Rika is a lot nicer and more friendly than Alter, if you ask me ^_^ /though I also got to know Rika better thanks to the late PokeSupe fanclub and Other Trivia

I think a PMD RP can work out really well if one person plays a whole team. But Idk; I think I only tried to join one once but it died before it even started XD;

Also, I'm thinking of making an RP in the near future, but Idk what I want exactly. It'll be Pokemon since I know Pokemon best, but I dunno.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemongarnet View Post
THE POKEMON SCHOOLS! I was in maybe one RP back then but those were awful, but only because they were all the same. But it seems like the "Silent" periods have the most detailed and best written RP's. Take the original "Path Between Light and Darkness" or "Uprising" those were really well written. But this was also back when Alter Ego was mod. She was alot less active than RHCP though. At least towards the end of her reign.

AE V.S. RHCP!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! don't get any ideas. PMD started one-liners, kinda, because they required teams which generated short back and forth posts.
Ah, Path to Light and Darkness, I believe, was the only RP that I was ever declined for ;_;
The most successful RP I've ever been in... Well, I know ONE of them was on another website... 50 pages in maybe a month. On this website? I'm not sure

The only mods I knew were Michaela and Red... I never saw Alter Ego, but I did join during their reign.

And, fortworth, there's a nostalgia fest going on, try again later X3
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

Quote:
Rika is a lot nicer and more friendly than Alter, if you ask me ^_^

Also, I'm thinking of making an RP in the near future, but Idk what I want exactly. It'll be Pokemon since I know Pokemon best, but I dunno.
Agreed!

That sounds like me, I never follow through though.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:38 PM
Raikiri
Vanguard
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Alter Ego scared me for some reason X___X

I was frequently rejected from any RPs Alter Ego, Loki and I think Mika (I am not sure about that one) were in. Killed my inspiration to join any RPs for some time. That was back when Other Roleplay existed...so I would say around the Age of Silence. I was a noob so maybe thats why they rejected me XP

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

@Raikiri, haha yeah, she always denied my RP's when i sent them in, but it did help me to improve them.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:58 PM
Sewaddle
➠Adowable

I somehow managed to get into one of Mika's RPs when I was a n00by RPer. But then I screwed a heck a lot of stuff up and all the other members got mad at me. When she declined me in her next RP I felt incompetent. ...Yeah, I don't have much self confidence ^^;
Old July 23rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Quote:
I somehow managed to get into one of Mika's RPs when I was a n00by RPer. But then I screwed a heck a lot of stuff up and all the other members got mad at me. When she declined me in her next RP I felt incompetent. ...Yeah, I don't have much self confidence ;
Ah, that's why we must try to be nice to the n00bs of the world. So be nice to me, I can still be n00bish at times XD lol, JK... For the most part XP

I've just discovered why caramel apples and floating cat hairs don't mix -.-'
Old July 23rd, 2011, 06:21 PM
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
Ya, I only started RPing here when Michaela became Mod. The only roleplay I was declined from is Broken xD.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 09:41 PM
Yuukihime
I'm allergic to people.

Nature: Sassy
I'm kind of picky about who I accept in to my role-plays. I like long well thought out posts and I decline someone if they can't provide a decent sign-up. :/ I'm not afraid to kick people out either, and I started my role-playing days back when Loki was still a mod.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 09:43 PM
The_Original_Raitan
West Side

Nature: Relaxed
I've never actually been a RP master before, but I agree with the above. I'm picky when I can be. Very picky.

On a completely random note. I love Yuukihimes's signature. Legit.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 11:44 PM
-Nocturnal
Vengeance.

As a GM i've never kicked people out before. I don't really want to.. I don't wanna hurt anybody so I just try to forget about it.
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
I've kicked people before they joined my RPs. In the SU parts, duh. xP I never had to kick people out, unless of inactivity. :3

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here