Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1326    
Old July 26th, 2011 (4:00 AM).
Skymin's Avatar
Skymin Skymin is offline
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: AU
Age: 23
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 5,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Also, nice RP post Skymin xD I love Flynn already and can't wait to see Rhea and him interact. //this should be in the OOC thread >.>'
Oh, just wait until Flynn starts actually TALKING to people. Step one; "you're taller than me!" step two; "i havent even seen my pokemon yet baw baw baw." step three; "there are so many TREES here, pewter city is full of rocks."

HE WILL BE VERBALLY MURDERED hopefully. I want to make him an annoying little 12 year old. GREAT!

OKAY I'LL START.. POSTING IN THE OOC.
__________________
art blogreblog blogavatar by me
i can draw your character → commission info

Relevant Advertising!

  #1327    
Old July 26th, 2011 (4:53 AM).
XxSweetDreamsxX's Avatar
XxSweetDreamsxX XxSweetDreamsxX is offline
From the shadows~
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Watching quietly. Watching silently.
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
Relating back to the current topic, as a student in a country where the education system is VERY competitive (which is why I so dearly wanna migrate to the States or somewhere else, like maybe Australia etc), schedules can be undesirable and really really downright BAD and S**TTY(oopsies)! And frustrating to the point that I might be balding before 60. xD
We're talking about school now? *gets instant headache*

Whats so special about America? D: I'm ashamed to live there, because all of those stereotypes are somewhat true... ;~;

- We have bad education(schools here aren't strict enough)
- Our breathe stinks of hotdogs and other fat foods(...well, at least mine does)
- We're lazy(COUCH POTATOES FTW) < kay maybe not that one. But yeah, you get it. :I

Thats where the Asian Stereotypes came in, because your ALL SO EFFING SMART
I can always remember all the new foreigners coming to our school. Each of them became straight A students in the matter of a week.
I asked one of them if they studied hard for the test they just Aced...

"No, we just know everything already"
MOTHERFU-
__________________


  #1328    
Old July 26th, 2011 (5:31 AM).
Neptune Vasilias's Avatar
Neptune Vasilias Neptune Vasilias is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not here, at least.
Age: 19
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSweetDreamsxX View Post
Thats where the Asian Stereotypes came in, because your ALL SO EFFING SMART
I can always remember all the new foreigners coming to our school. Each of them became straight A students in the matter of a week.
I asked one of them if they studied hard for the test they just Aced...

"No, we just know everything already"
MOTHERFU-
^ That is one of the reasons why. XD So I don't have to cram books, mug and study so so hard. And I can use the time to RP and be more active on PC. Plus, my future will be more broader without all the restrictions going on in my country and the cost of living wouldn't be rocket-high. x_x *sighs*

Now, I wonder, whether there's a real job as being a roleplayer. Job as in a position that pays one money, that kind of occupation. I think it would be lovely and fits me. And most of us here. :3
  #1329    
Old July 26th, 2011 (5:45 AM).
Nimblethumbs's Avatar
Nimblethumbs Nimblethumbs is offline
my name would look hot in bold
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 284
I've been through both asian and american schools.

I was star student in America, average in Asia
__________________
insert witty quote here
  #1330    
Old July 26th, 2011 (6:35 AM).
Sewaddle's Avatar
Sewaddle Sewaddle is offline
➠Adowable
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pinwheel Forest
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSweetDreamsxX View Post
- We have bad education(schools here aren't strict enough)
- Our breathe stinks of hotdogs and other fat foods(...well, at least mine does)
- We're lazy(COUCH POTATOES FTW) < kay maybe not that one. But yeah, you get it. :I
None of this is true where I go to school. But like I said, I attend an all-girl's Catholic school. I mean some Catholic schools aren't that great but my school has good education, we get Italian food for lunch, and other than having to walk up three flights of stairs every so often (we're lucky if it's less than that) a lot of the girls I know are athletic.

There aren't many Asians at my school, either, though one of them is more artistic than she is intelligent (unless you don't count intelligent as "being in all the advanced classes"--she was in three of my classes, two of those not being Honors or AP courses, one of them being Honors Algebra II instead of Pre-Calc. or Calc.).

I wonder if any of my friends there would have an interest in RPing.
  #1331    
Old July 26th, 2011 (6:54 AM).
Legend's Avatar
Legend Legend is offline
Kingslayer
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSweetDreamsxX View Post

Whats so special about America? D: I'm ashamed to live there, because all of those stereotypes are somewhat true... ;~;

- We have bad education(schools here aren't strict enough)
- Our breathe stinks of hotdogs and other fat foods(...well, at least mine does)
- We're lazy(COUCH POTATOES FTW) < kay maybe not that one. But yeah, you get it. :I
I am going to respectfully disagree with most of that and be the one to defend America (and not because I love this country oh so much).

1. Our education system is slightly underrated. For the most part our schools are pretty good and do the best they can. The main reason why so many people criticize our education system is because its not uniform like countries in Europe or Asia. It's controlled by the individual states, so therefore its more dependent on the local system and the students to do what they can. Personally, I had a good education with decent teachers and good classes. In fact, it was good enough to get into Honors classes. If you get into those, the education is great.

2. The quality of breath depends where you live. Some places are worse than others.

3. Americans can be very lazy. That much is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post

Now, I wonder, whether there's a real job as being a roleplayer. Job as in a position that pays one money, that kind of occupation. I think it would be lovely and fits me. And most of us here. :3
From my experience, its called being a writer and you get paid by writing books and/or short stories XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewaddle View Post


None of this is true where I go to school. But like I said, I attend an all-girl's Catholic school. I mean some Catholic schools aren't that great but my school has good education, we get Italian food for lunch, and other than having to walk up three flights of stairs every so often (we're lucky if it's less than that) a lot of the girls I know are athletic.

There aren't many Asians at my school, either, though one of them is more artistic than she is intelligent (unless you don't count intelligent as "being in all the advanced classes"--she was in three of my classes, two of those not being Honors or AP courses, one of them being Honors Algebra II instead of Pre-Calc. or Calc.).

My high school days were very similar to this, except I went to public school. Our cafeteria was terrible but the classes were good.
__________________

Paired with the beautiful Pikachu
  #1332    
Old July 26th, 2011 (7:33 AM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
Children of Fate
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ylisse
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 5,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSweetDreamsxX View Post
We're talking about school now? *gets instant headache*

Whats so special about America? D: I'm ashamed to live there, because all of those stereotypes are somewhat true... ;~;

- We have bad education(schools here aren't strict enough)
- Our breathe stinks of hotdogs and other fat foods(...well, at least mine does)
- We're lazy(COUCH POTATOES FTW) < kay maybe not that one. But yeah, you get it. :I

Thats where the Asian Stereotypes came in, because your ALL SO EFFING SMART
I can always remember all the new foreigners coming to our school. Each of them became straight A students in the matter of a week.
I asked one of them if they studied hard for the test they just Aced...

"No, we just know everything already"
MOTHERFU-
1. Well, I'll agree with Raikiri. My school is great :3 I'm in all advanced classes and I know a kid that had to go to the Sr. High for math, so he was doing math that teh regular kids wouldn't do for three or four years.

2. ...Yeah, that's your problem X3

3. I can agree with that -.^

@Raikiri - My lunches are actually good ;P

When did school become the subject...?
__________________
A burdened heart sinks into the ground
A veil falls away without a sound
Not day nor night, wrong nor right
For truth and peace you fight
Sing with me a song of silence and blood
The rain falls, but can't wash away the mud
Within my ancient heart dwells madness and pride
Can no one hear my cry

Embrace the dark you call a home,
Gaze upon an empty, white throne
A legacy of lies,
A familiar disguise
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone
In the white light, a hand reaches through
A double-edged blade cuts your heart in two
Waking dreams fade away,
Embrace the brand-new day
Sing with me a song of birthrights and love
The light scatters to the sky above
Dawn breaks through the gloom, white as a bone
Lost in thoughts all alone


In endless dreams, countless realms collide
Hope falls only to rise like the changing tide
But all dreams come to an end,
Just whispers on the wind
Sing with me one last time, for light's sacrifice,
Endless dawn came but not without a price,
Lost in the waves there glimmers, a pale blue stone.
I think of you, all alone
  #1333    
Old July 26th, 2011 (7:44 AM).
SkyisUmbreon's Avatar
SkyisUmbreon SkyisUmbreon is offline
But it Refused
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wherever my rump rests
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Posts: 804
1. My school is pretty fun, and it contains a good number of A students(not all asians)

2. Thats all you, friend XP

3. We are lazy, and that's what makes this country gre-*shot* I mean, we can be lazy, but we have our moments. =/

I don't like school =.= change el subjecto
__________________
i’Ve gOt tO BeLiEvE At wHaT My hEaRt tElLs iN Me, EvEn iF It’s a fAkE ThInG

4/13
  #1334    
Old July 26th, 2011 (7:45 AM).
adventure's Avatar
adventure adventure is offline
paired with seeker
ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 23,592
I agree. Let's talk about school and stuff in the Daily Chit Chat thread over in OC instead, and keep this thread related to RPing.
__________________
  #1335    
Old July 26th, 2011 (9:49 AM).
Nimblethumbs's Avatar
Nimblethumbs Nimblethumbs is offline
my name would look hot in bold
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 284
All right... Sort of changing the topic...

My new RP... Protectors of Hoenn...

Opinions/ Comments?
__________________
insert witty quote here
  #1336    
Old July 26th, 2011 (10:01 AM).
Kay11190's Avatar
Kay11190 Kay11190 is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: nowhere
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 2,953
Umm I just have a question. The Rp I'm working on I mentioned a few pages back but since last night I have come up with a character I think will push the rating of my Rp up. This character is well, somewhat psychotic, as he his intent to torture and kill at the sight of blood. He is the only character in the Rp I would consider very violent. However there will be mention of blood, but nothing gory. SO the question is what should I rate this this rp?
__________________
****Under Construction****


  #1337    
Old July 26th, 2011 (10:11 AM).
//ANDthen's Avatar
//ANDthen //ANDthen is offline
Ready-Set-Go
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay11190 View Post
Umm I just have a question. The Rp I'm working on I mentioned a few pages back but since last night I have come up with a character I think will push the rating of my Rp up. This character is well, somewhat psychotic, as he his intent to torture and kill at the sight of blood. He is the only character in the Rp I would consider very violent. However there will be mention of blood, but nothing gory. SO the question is what should I rate this this rp?
Rate it T if there's talk about violence but no real descriptions of it happening, I'd say.
  #1338    
Old July 26th, 2011 (10:15 AM).
Sewaddle's Avatar
Sewaddle Sewaddle is offline
➠Adowable
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pinwheel Forest
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 116
If it's somewhat FT-based then it should be T. After all Funimation is giving the series a TV-14 rating like it did Soul Eater which makes me happy but that's besides the point.
  #1339    
Old July 26th, 2011 (10:51 AM).
Kay11190's Avatar
Kay11190 Kay11190 is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: nowhere
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 2,953
Well that's the thing, It just has the Fairy tail feel to the world, and same goes for the basic concept of magic use. I think the best to say it is this characters violence, will be showcased, at least once anyway. As far as other violence goes, I lean more toawrd the Soul Eater, or typical non dubbed anime, where blood can be shown or described but not with gore.
__________________
****Under Construction****


  #1340    
Old July 26th, 2011 (6:26 PM).
Yuukihime's Avatar
Yuukihime Yuukihime is offline
I'm allergic to people.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Reading.
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 1,180
Hm, since I've suddenly latched on to the idea of a Deadly Sin role-play me and my friend are formulating a plot now. We might put in the Seven Heavenly Virtues too, but this means I have to do research, lol. Regardless, I'll post it here for review once friend and I can think of a plot for it. XD
__________________
"The world is not changing if you don't shoulder the burden of responsibility" - Ai Weiwei
Role-player|Reader|Language Studies Major|
Apparently I have a Pair who's name is Cirrus
  #1341    
Old July 27th, 2011 (3:44 AM).
Neptune Vasilias's Avatar
Neptune Vasilias Neptune Vasilias is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not here, at least.
Age: 19
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikiri View Post
From my experience, its called being a writer and you get paid by writing books and/or short stories XP
I have a slight disagreement. The difference between roleplaying and writing is that roleplaying requires more than one person.


Now, I'm wondering about RP plots. The PQ has just embarked on a new mission of making another RP, this time, it is I who's callin' the shots. X3 /refuses to say anything more -^u^-

I've a rough skin for a RP based off the X-Men series. I'm thinking maybe shoving it in the time lapses between First Class and the two oldest/earliest movies. Anyone seems interested in a X-Men RP with mutant powers and chi-cha hoohah? XD
  #1342    
Old July 27th, 2011 (4:03 AM).
Skymin's Avatar
Skymin Skymin is offline
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: AU
Age: 23
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 5,134
I had a cool idea for an RP, I think I mentioned it before? Well, the idea was for a novel at first, but about a team of knights who save the world and stuff. The armor falls to an island and a group of people randomly find it and become trapped into this suit and they can only escape from it by completing a certain task. Or subdue it at least. The armor would grow on the skin like a fungus. Starting from the arm, then spreading.

It's really sad, because this series called Xam'd: Lost Memories provides so much inspiration and material. But it's so good! If anyone was to watch it, they would see a lot of story elements from it incorporated into Broken. I suggest everyone to watch it though!

Okay, going off that, I have a new question for everyone!

What do you use for inspiration for the storyline in your roleplays or characters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
I have a slight disagreement. The difference between roleplaying and writing is that roleplaying requires more than one person.
Collaborative story writing! Some authors do it, writing a chapter a piece or something. It's not very common, however.
__________________
art blogreblog blogavatar by me
i can draw your character → commission info
  #1343    
Old July 27th, 2011 (4:39 AM).
Neptune Vasilias's Avatar
Neptune Vasilias Neptune Vasilias is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not here, at least.
Age: 19
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Okay, going off that, I have a new question for everyone!

What do you use for inspiration for the storyline in your roleplays or characters?
Either books(the best ones =3) or unearthing buried RPs and stealing snatching little pieces and fragments of ideas and concepts to paste and glue into the puzzles of creating the RP. I try not to make things cliche. :D

Quote:
Collaborative story writing! Some authors do it, writing a chapter a piece or something. It's not very common, however.
Oh I see what you mean. Yes, very few I've come/read across. :> But still, wouldn't it be wonderful?
  #1344    
Old July 27th, 2011 (5:33 AM).
-Nocturnal's Avatar
-Nocturnal -Nocturnal is offline
Vengeance.
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In the shadows
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 476
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to -Nocturnal Send a message via Yahoo to -Nocturnal
What do you use for inspiration for the storyline in your roleplays or characters?

Hm, mostly from books. I guess the ideas just pop up into my mind. maybe taking some good factors from a movie and using it in a Roleplay...really they just come to me. and sometimes I run outta juice and there's nothing I can do!

Quote:
Oh I see what you mean. Yes, very few I've come/read across. :> But still, wouldn't it be wonderful?
ohh Co-writing! I've seen a few and some work really beautifully!
  #1345    
Old July 27th, 2011 (6:00 AM).
Sewaddle's Avatar
Sewaddle Sewaddle is offline
➠Adowable
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pinwheel Forest
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
What do you use for inspiration for the storyline in your roleplays or characters?
The ideas honestly just pop into my head. Same with the personality. I just try and make them interesting, but not too Sue-ish.
  #1346    
Old July 27th, 2011 (7:46 AM).
adventure's Avatar
adventure adventure is offline
paired with seeker
ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 23,592
What do you use for inspiration for the storyline in your roleplays or characters?

For the characters, I usually let the story form them as I'm writing the SU. I think about what kind of character I would like to play in this RP, then I try to add something interesting to them (though, I think all of my characters are generally bland :/ ) and twist their histories around the plot of the RP.

For plots... hm, I don't know. I sort of get a basic idea on what I want to do and add twists to make it different. And I normally try to implement some kind of game mechanics explanation. My weirdest example is probably Darkrai's Balloon. It didn't live for very long... but the plot I had in mind was pretty cool. An evil balloon and PMD-like transformations...
__________________
  #1347    
Old July 27th, 2011 (7:50 AM).
FourCartridge's Avatar
FourCartridge FourCartridge is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
What do you use for inspiration for the storyline in your roleplays or characters?
I mostly use characters that I play in actual tabletop RPG in RL. For example Jeff Bennings from the War RP is really my character in a World of Darkness campaign.

Also, since it's dead, Would you mind telling us the planned plot of Darkrais Balloon? It was real interesting when I first showed up here.
__________________
  #1348    
Old July 27th, 2011 (7:53 AM).
Sewaddle's Avatar
Sewaddle Sewaddle is offline
➠Adowable
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pinwheel Forest
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 116
I remember wanting to join Darkrai's Balloon a little while back, but it was already too late ;o; It looked and sounded really interesting, ya know?
  #1349    
Old July 27th, 2011 (7:55 AM).
adventure's Avatar
adventure adventure is offline
paired with seeker
ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 23,592
If I told you, I wouldn't be able to re-start it at some point 8D
__________________
  #1350    
Old July 27th, 2011 (7:59 AM).
Sewaddle's Avatar
Sewaddle Sewaddle is offline
➠Adowable
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pinwheel Forest
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
If I told you, I wouldn't be able to re-start it at some point 8D
I was actually gonna suggest that but wasn't sure if I should.

DO EET. I wanna join 8D

---

I can honestly say I am liking the RPs this time much more than the ones I joined way back in '08-'09. With a few exceptions (such as The Second Coming and Mira's Uprising).
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:08 AM.