The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:22 PM
Jack O'Neill
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Back in June '09, I had an idea: Why play with Pokémon when you can play with tanks, battleships, jet fighters, and (if you last long enough) nuclear weapons?

The initial response to my proposal was actually quite warm, though it eventually died a quiet death. If the RPing drought is that severe, I might consider tweaking and reintroducing that proposal. Give you people something far more challenging and interesting for you to play around with.
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:41 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by インフェルノの津波 View Post
Hello all, I've decided to get back into the RP world!

Submitted something called Pokemon Reality, where in 2112 Pokemon have destroyed the world, so you're selected along with 8 other people to go back to 2111 before the disaster strikes.

Not giving away much, just wanted to know if it sounded interesting.
Sounds quite interesting. Would want to see it and give it a try. This is something like 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack O'Neill View Post
Back in June '09, I had an idea: Why play with Pokémon when you can play with tanks, battleships, jet fighters, and (if you last long enough) nuclear weapons?

The initial response to my proposal was actually quite warm, though it eventually died a quiet death. If the RPing drought is that severe, I might consider tweaking and reintroducing that proposal. Give you people something far more challenging and interesting for you to play around with.
Well, it's a well-planned out idea and probably would attract several people, but not me. I'm not into war games and such and the details are massively large and hard to remember. I'll probably lose track at the start of the game. It depends, I'm not your directed audience, so sorry. I'm more into Pokemon, which is the main reason I'm here.

Last edited by Diamond1304; February 1st, 2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:27 AM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

Quote:

Submitted something called Pokemon Reality, where in 2112 Pokemon have destroyed the world, so you're selected along with 8 other people to go back to 2111 before the disaster strikes.

That sounds pretty cool I'll look into that once it's up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
@pokemongarnet: Cool, I like those names. They tempt me to want to join! *beheaded for guilt* My PMD RP is titled "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Land and the Sea." That's all Imma give out. :P
Thanks, but I don't know which I'd want to do... I wouldn't want to have 2. I'll write one up today though. But which one would you rather do? (That Q is directed towards everyone.

Last edited by pokemongarnet; February 2nd, 2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:54 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemongarnet View Post
^^^Sweet Signature^^^ = SPAMZ!!!

Sorry. it really is, I've got two pokemon RP ideas one which I have been dweeling on the idea of since spring break and the other I thought of yesterday, I'll just give the titles because I have to go watch T.V.... that sounded bad. My shows on. Anyhow

Pokemecha: Pokemon mecha suits, kind of like Gundam+Pokemon.
-and-
Marked: this would be a series about a pokemon war and these "peacemakers" related to legendaries. Sweet Vagueness right guys.

Dwell on this. Ill be lurking all day tomorrow so ill right one of them based on what erybody thinks. or if anyone likes the ideas
Pokémecha, that's my vote. Sounds awesome if you can come up with a cool background and good "game mechanics" for the RP!

Quote:
@RHCP(Mind if I call you that, it's quite long to type the whole thing >.<): I can help with Sinnoh, I play Diamond and completed the whole game long time ago. I've also done Kanto, but I don't like that region as it's quite a bore. The cities in Kanto are smaller than other regions' and the legendaries are quite rigid in character.

I've an idea for my next RP chracter. It's either gonna be a mentally troubled boy, like the one in Sixth Sense but more personality tweaks, or an 'emo' zombie-like girl, like Kanna from Inuyasha. Mist likely I'll choose to be a girl for the 1st time, as I'm bored of always being a male.
Hm, maybe you could help me with that, yes. And Kanto is a bore... I love Johto with all its beautiful places and mystery and Hoenn is the most exciting region of the three, hmmmm. But I think I'll simply have to play D/P/P! I have Platinum on an emulator, is that a good version to get to know Sinnoh with?

And you should definitely make a girl for a change :) And mentally troubled characters are very common I can think, but you have to try and play as one at least once ^^

Quote:

Well, it can be interesting, though what you're giving out now doesn't say much about what we can expect to be doing in the RP so I'm looking forward to hear more when you've planned more out, or when you're posting it ;)

Also with that journey RP I was sub-planning, there will be pokémon from all generations in it ^^ So Kanto won't be THAT boring ... but still. *goes to play Platinum* Oh wait, I have other things to do first :/ I gotta find time to really explore Sinnoh though.
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Old February 2nd, 2011, 09:53 AM
Doctor Who
Saving the earth with a bowtie

RHCP - Platinum is definitely the best of the three I think, better storyline and better assorment of Pokemon, so I'd say go for it. If you do Kanto or Sinnoh I'd definitely be excited if you host a roleplay (:

I definitely do like it that you're planing to mix Pokemon, I prefer that since the games usually don't give that great a selection, at least until you beat the elite xD I don't think I've ever really done a Kanto roleplay before, so it'd be fun to get to do that!

Same goes for you Diamond, though good luck naming the cities. Usually the games keep a kind of pattern and that might make naming the towns easier. A friend of mine once named all towns after gems and that worked out fine. If you're doing a new regions than that's definitely exciting!

As for the other suggested roleplays, they're not really up my alley, but I do like the sound of that 2112/2111 (2012 reference maybe? xD) roleplay, it sounds mighty interesting, might have to keep an eye on that then (:
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:42 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Well, sharpen your SU pencil, Doctor. I'll post the RP. Because I've noticed I've got so much time to spend on PC so that I'm getting impatient in some RPs. I'm sorry for that, if anybody has gotten in the way of my impatience... I'll shape up.
You can write novel posts if you like there, Doctor :) But you don't have to.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
Doctor Who

Is sharping my tablet alright? xD If so then consider it sharpened!
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:12 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Well, we'll have to wait for Michaela to accept it. She's a very active RP mod though so I doubt it'll take much time~ (I still haven't posted it though xD)

OH IMPORTANT QUESTION.

I'm including starters from different regions. What are most fun, Kanto starters or Johto starters? I feel like I haven't seen Bulbasaurs, Charmeleons and Blastoises in an RP lately, so I'm leaning towards Kanto. What do you think?
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Doctor Who

Hm, well since it's Kanto it would probably be wise to use the old starters and then maybe mix some unconventional in between. How many spots do will you have?
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:22 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Yes, I'm going with that then :) There will be 9 spots. I was going to have only 6 first... but then I was thinking I actually wouldn't mind a slightly crowded RP. There's a rigid enough background story and a lot of rules xD It will be a RP where you can go anywhere at anytime; I'm not giving you the routes or pokémon... but I give you links to an online map + pokédex where you can look up pokémon locations, evolutions and attacks (serebii.net is your friend, serebiiforums is not). It will probably seem complicated... but I hope somebody will agree on that it's a pretty elegant solution ^^

This way, the RP will be like a RPG video game, kind of. You can go anywhere and play along the set rules.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:27 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

@Doctor Who: Hmm, your friend has a goo didea, but I'm already half done with the names. I basically name them on the Gym types and thier most unique feature that separates each city from another.

@RHCP: Oh, you're making me drool over the excitement! (Wait, I SO do not drool) xP

Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:30 PM
Doctor Who

@RHCP: The best thing about crowded roleplays is that when one or two people aren't active you still have the rest xD
Hm it definitely sounds interesting, and sometimes a little change isn't bad. Bulbapedia is definitely the **** though!

Also I've not told you this yet but I find your username quite genius.

@Diamond: My friend's actually reposting that roleplay too xD so that's god me excited (: But I'm curious for yours now.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

I'd like very much to see a more organized PMD RP. No offense at all to the ones in existence now; the players seem to be enjoying themselves.

Yeah, that's one positive thing xD Bulpapedia is awesome, but my main source for detailed, organized facts on pokémon is serebii.net. It really has everything I need (unless i want an essay on something, then Bulpapedia is great ^^)

Oh thanks about the name :3 I haven't told you this, but I like your avatar a lot.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:36 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

@Doctor Who: Oh? Heehee, I've lots of surprise in store for the whole of RP kind. A little leak. I'm so sadistic in my games that I make gym leaders hard to beat. XP

Last edited by Diamond1304; February 2nd, 2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
Doctor Who

I just love all the additional information on Bulba, it really helps with roleplays. Get your facts right! B) I'm not a big fan of Serebii besides for news, their news page is incredibly well organized.

Well thank you too, I love the contrast between the tardis and the rest.

And Diamond, sadism isn't always a bad thing >.> It's fun to watch your roeplayers squirm >D

But if any of you need help, just drop me a VM (:
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

@ Doctor Who:
So agree on that! But I seldom visit Serebii, other than using the Attackdex and Berrydex.
Heheh, the leaders aren't what you think, they cover up their weaknesses quite well. And they're probably EV trained their Pokemon. Oops, too much is going out. *alerts brain to control mouth and stop it from leaking secrets*

Old February 2nd, 2011, 02:08 PM
Doctor Who

I actually know nothing about EV-ing, don't know how it's done or what it does D: I just play my game people!
But they sound mighty interesting now, damnit you're activating my curiousity!
Old February 2nd, 2011, 02:12 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Sounds very interesting, Diamond :) Gym leaders aren't supposed to be pushovers!
Old February 2nd, 2011, 02:14 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

@Doctor Who:
Meheheh! I love the badges too!

@RHCP: Thanks for the compliment. They so should not. I get bored of defeating gym leaders in the game. :/

Oh dear! What do I do now? I just saw that there are some new Pokemon RPs and I would like to take part in one, but I can't have 6 RPs ongoing. I still have to wait and see whether my other 2 SUs are accepted, for the GMs are quite inactive. What a dilemma!

Last edited by Diamond1304; February 2nd, 2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 06:55 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

Here is pokemecha please tell me what to improve.
Spoiler:

PokéMecha
Spoiler:

Introduction: I’ve never seen anything like this done so I decided to do it. What it is, is basically Pokémon just live peacefully on earth but are free to roam because Pokémon training is no longer effective. Now Pokémon are just researched. But the reason it’s like this is…

Background: In Earth Year (in this time it’s called that, or just EY) 3067, the regions on earth began expanding their reaches into space, for land expansion, the population was growing too quickly and there was too little living space. At first mars was colonized in 3070 where people from all regions could live, but it was noticed that It wouldn’t work out. This was because the legal policies a region had could not be in effect if it was not fully their land, so war broke out on Earth too settle land disputes over space. This began putting the regions in ruin. They had too fight in space… but with what? A Pokémon researcher from Kanto by the name of Cornelius Oak (a descendant of Professor Oak) Began developing a robot prototype based on the Pokémon Raichu. He collaborated with Silph Co. to make a final product. This project was unknown to the public. The robot was too be piloted by the human too fight in space. It could also deploy smaller forms from its center where the Cockpit lie. These smaller forms would be used for land travel, and combat. Soon this project was leaked and other regions began developing such robots based on the Pokémon specific to their region. These would be called Pokémechas. Battles then began too rage throughout space and the regions expanded their reaches to the ends of the universe.
The Nature of Pokémecha: They are big like Gundam. They use Pokémon attacks only they are in laser form if it’s a special attack. Stat Boosting attacks are just when the mecha channels its energy to either aid speed, attack, defense etc. Its “smaller forms” are their lower evolutionary forms (The highest form of a Pokémon is the only one that can go into space.). Pokémecha can only have four “attacks” at once, (this doesn’t include stat-boosts). Attacks are weapons attached to the mecha. Move pools still exist, a Pokémecha can only have weapons that are in its move pool. Stat decreasing moves don’t exist. They are most always piloted by humans.

Plot: It is currently Space Year (SY) 50 (3070 EY is the last year before space years). While the colonization of planets is happening in space, there are people who disagree with war. There is a certain group of people that try to solve it by fighting against the regions, even though they are citizens themselves. They work underground with scientists to build Pokémecha that will combat the regions. They are actually not yet formed though. You have been selected to be one of these. You are called the Pokémecha Kapina (rebellion in Finnish) or PK for short. You are going to assemble tomorrow in Cinnabar Island Mansion, to start this rebellion.
SU Form:
Name: (First, Last and any Nicknames)
Appearance: (Your character will also wear suits too pilot them so include what that’s like)
Personality: (Solid info, we want to have room for development too)
History: (Include why your character was chosen for the PK your character has to have experience with Pokémecha)
Pokémecha: (Which Pokémon is it based on and what weapons/attacks, try to make it somehow fit your characters personality. This is made for you by the scientists)
RP Sample: (could be original or from another RP)
Rules:
  • Don’t take control of other people’s characters without permission. You can a little though just for really small things.
  • Stay active please.
  • Inform me if you plan on leaving.
  • Try to interact with other people’s characters.
  • Follow these rules please.
  • I can boot you, but I only will if you break these severely.
  • Have FUN!
There will be 6 slots, reservations last 2 days, and the best SUs will get the spots
Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:17 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

@pokemongarnet: Sounds like fun and almost like a new spin-off game! It would be great if GF really made a game like that, who knows, they might. And if they do, be sure to claim your credits! xD But 6 people is a tad too little and may die out fast.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:44 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Quote:
@Doctor Who:
Meheheh! I love the badges too! :P

@RHCP: Thanks for the compliment. They so should not. I get bored of defeating gym leaders in the game. :/

Oh dear! What do I do now? I just saw that there are some new Pokemon RPs and I would like to take part in one, but I can't have 6 RPs ongoing. I still have to wait and see whether my other 2 SUs are accepted, for the GMs are quite inactive. What a dilemma! :S
If the GMs haven't evaluated yet, you could just delete your SU?

And I can't open the spoilers, >.<
Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:49 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Ok, I'm thinking if they don't respond I'll delete mine from the Rue Champions RP. Anyway, that storyline scores the least interesting amounts the RPs I'm in. I'm now having a new life in the RP "Fight against evil".

Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:52 PM
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

Pokemongarnet, sounds interesting. Maybe you could have something like upgrades for when they "evolve"?

Maybe have the main characters being beginners(or at least not that experienced?) and so they learn and all that stuff?

Don't know, but loving the Gundam-esque plot.

Anyway I've just now noticed Pokemon Trainer's Academy.

Lol. Just lol at the dorm names.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 02:36 AM
Ash_Ketchum123
^^ Ninjas ^^

Nature: Quirky
@pokemongarnet: Wow! I'd certainly try out for that RP. But don't you think 6 RPers is a little...well, little? What about 8? At least if some people drop out there'd be others more.

Anywho, now that RHCP has accepted me in his Sacred Jewel RP, (thanks :D) I am now a part of two RPs. *insert party here* I guess one more RP won't hurt. ;D

I was thinking of joining a PMD RP but those things are rarely organized. I think I saw someone saying something about making one. Well whoever that was, if you ever make that RP, I'd really like to try to get in xD
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here