The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 5th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Nate_Dawg
Beginning Trainer

I'm going to have to say that #2 would be the most important to sustaining an RP with #1 determining the quality of work done by the the group. #2 is all you need to keep an RP alive though. It just might not go anywhere.
Old October 6th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
@Nakuzami YOU NEED TO READ THE ENEMY BY CHARLIE HIGSON BRO

@Whoever this may concern - I will very much like a Pokemon Zombie RP without a FPS storyline, so I'll be sure to check out Plague =P
Old October 6th, 2011, 01:00 AM
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Yahoo to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Skype™ to ohHeyVaporeon.
I'm thinking of starting another roleplay. I have one going already, but I think I'm about to start working on another...
Old October 6th, 2011, 01:06 AM
revlis
The Dream Walker
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post

Well, you're no fun X3
Especially since a lot of the new ideas I've had recently have been zombie RPs. I blame the book Rot & Ruin... it stuffed my head full of crazy zombie ideas.

@Skymin - Yes, we should... go get rid of everything in Ichiro's life so he's 1000% more active, and then force him to remake Focus Shift >:U That did just... randomly die. Sadly.
And as for your question: No, but I have been thinking of making something like that for a while now :3 I think I'll make one after my complete character overhaul(editing personalities and appearences a bit, expanding a lot hopefully) which I haven't really started yet :S

@Nocturnal's Question - Uh... probably number two.
But I agree with Roswell: Answer three; a mix of one AND two!
Rofl, I wish I could get rid of everything in my life, but I still need to pay the bills and get a degree, so probably not. Although, I have just spent an hour updating the Roleplay Library, until I decided to close the wrong tab an erase ALL the updates before I saved it. fml.

I have a pad of paper in my bag all the time as well as my parker pen, so whenever I get the urge/inspiration to write, I can write. As well, I have my blue clear file folder in my bag that holds most of my current writing, and a manilla folder on my desk with all of my writing in it.
Old October 6th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
Just an update on the RPAs; my dad took my computer in to get fixed that had the word file with the counting up all the winners on it and the emblems i had made, so the RPA results are going to be delayed a little.

But, if you're real keen to find out, just count them yourself! XD
Old October 6th, 2011, 11:54 AM
luigimario84
Owner of worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Hmm..

Would a Doctor Who / Pokemon Roleplay work? :3

Where, you know; you travel through time, as an alien, along with a partner pokemon? ~ :3
And if you watch Doctor Who, you'll know there's loads of more things~!
As a big fan of Doctor Who I really like the idea. Also I like the idea of Pokemon in it aswell. Wonder what the Doctor will have as a partner. Oh and Daleks with pokemon would be hilarious! Also me and Nakuzami have made that L4D2 RP I said about before. It's called land of dead. Check out the OOC for more details.

JULIUS SEIZURE!!!!!!
Old October 6th, 2011, 10:14 PM
-Nocturnal
Vengeance.

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to -Nocturnal Send a message via Yahoo to -Nocturnal
Just saying that my RP, War Between Pokemon & Humans II - Severed Bonds has spots left. One human spot, and two Legendary Pokemon spot (please visit the OOC for more details. If you don't understand what a legendary Pokemon does, contact yours truely). A Legendary pokemon can transform into a human form, and another normal Pokemon form. A good Legendary tries to make peace in disguise, a bad one tries to create havoc without letting his superior know about it etc...
Old October 6th, 2011, 10:43 PM
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Yahoo to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Skype™ to ohHeyVaporeon.
I'm also here to advertise.

I have created a new RP, called "It Begins And Ends In The Stadium." All the spots but one are open, and I'd really like to see this roleplay take off. It's nothing too demanding, or too hard to understand... And personally, I think it could be a lot of fun. Feel free to check it out!
Old October 7th, 2011, 01:26 AM
-Nocturnal
Vengeance.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to -Nocturnal Send a message via Yahoo to -Nocturnal
Are there any good Pokemon RPs out there? I'm kinda bored and I want to join a fun, good one that isn't awfully fast paced :D Any suggestions, recommendations?
Old October 7th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

pretty sure ohHeyVaporeon's is a pokemon themed. XD

Underground still has places open if anyone still wants to join.
Old October 8th, 2011, 12:30 AM
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
pretty sure ohHeyVaporeon's is a pokemon themed. XD

Underground still has places open if anyone still wants to join.
Agreed. I have two spots open in "It Begins And Ends In The Stadium", maybe more than that if some of the ones who has spots reserved don't get in. Check it out, if you'd like... And reserve if you'd like. It's nothing super amazing, but, it's getting a good bit of attention and should be fun.
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Also, Atlantis Arising is still looking for people!
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:15 AM
revlis
The Dream Walker
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Also, Atlantis Arising is still looking for people!
Its not a Pokemon RP, but it is still good!
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Hey gang; I got permission to write a small guide, just about dedication so that there are easy fixes to the problem of dying RPs~! Sooo I hope you'll enjoy this. ^__^

If you have any more ideas, feel free to say so~!

Spoiler:

Doronjo's EVIL guide to Dedication~!

Feeling down that your roleplay's been inactive, or that your roleplay's are 'dead'?

Never fear! Doronjo's here to tell you all about how to solve this problem! In fact, there are easy fixes to solve this problem! Now, to start of--

Wait...
Tonzora! Where's the guide?!

Tonzora: SORRY! IT IS PREPARED!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay! Sorry about that folks! Okay, Number One:

Learn to say “No”: If you don’t think someone will stay dedicated, don’t allow them to play in your RP. It’s better to have one less RPer than an extra Role Player who just brings down the whole RP.

Tonzora: Hehe... let me tell you kids, don’t be tough to be mean and slightly evil. Unless you are tough and assertive, like big ol' me! Your evil little Role Play will never get off the ground!

Number two:

Die—Hard Applications: Instead of putting a basic Application so it’s easier for people to post, post Applications which requires thought filling out, not something that can be done in five seconds. This is an easy way of separate people who want to RP from the people that just want to 1Up their Word Count. The better the Application, the less likely someone is to quit.

Tonzora: CURSES! I really like the 1UP post count.

Number Three:

First Post Compliments: With the Application, try to have applicants post a “first post”, more rather than a RP sample. The better the first post, the more work they put into it. It’s an inverse correlation, the more work they put into a first post, the less likely they will be to become inactive.

Tonzora: Hehe, in this one roleplay, I wrote up a post that I was a bunny once! Gooooood times~

Number Four:

GM's activity: Your roleplay will only be as active as it can be with you, the GM are also dedicated~! Try reminding your roleplayers about posts they should make, as well as maybe talk to them personally about plots, or any more ideas that they have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the RPer, even so, you might be still less likely to be active in a roleplay because of stuff like friends, family, school, work, or otherwise, which is perfectly fine! We all have our priorities.

Here are some extra evil tips:

♦ Try and limit the number of roleplays you join; it'll become easier for you to observe the roleplays you are currently in, and plan ahead for the posts you'll make.

♦ Try and converse yourselves with the other roleplayers; since by chatting and RPing together, you'll be more likely to post again, and again, by letting your character interact with the other character. It can become quite fun! Your character could be in a relationship with another character, or heck, be another character's worst enemy! There are loads of possibilities.

♦ If you create a character you know you'll have fun with, you can also be less likely to be inactive. Try making your character be out-of-the-ballpark, chalkiness of personality and interest for yourself, and for others; again, that could be quite fun for yourself, and for others!

♦ If you can, try and make up more ideas for the roleplay you're in; if you have more fun ideas, you'll be opted more to participate in the roleplay~!

Anyway, that is all, my little minions~! Just keep in mind, These are not guaranteed methods, they will just help. Of course, if you have your own way for a roleplay to be active, that's all perfectly up to you!

Sooo, good luck, and have a nice time~!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; October 8th, 2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old October 8th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
I like it, Shawn!

Quote:
Instead of putting a basic Application so it’s easier for people to post, post Applications which requires thought filling out, not something that can be done in five seconds.
This is totally what I was thinking of doing for the RP that I've brought up so many times but haven't done yet! (the whole interview idea)
Old October 8th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
@Miss Doronjo

I love it! :D Those are some pretty good guidelines to help save dead RPs :DDDDD

*thumbs up*
Old October 8th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Thanks~ :3

I like the interview idea! :D
In fact, I thought about using it myself next time I make a roleplay~ :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old October 8th, 2011, 06:14 PM
-Nocturnal
Vengeance.

@Miss Doronjo

niiiice :D Thumbs up! And it's a guide with a little humor what more can we ask?
Old October 8th, 2011, 06:28 PM
MichaelaTheUchiha
Forever Shawol and Aileean

Nature: Adamant
[QUOTE=-Nocturnal;6880932And it's a guide with a little humor what more can we ask? [/QUOTE]

Why do I suddenly feel rejected? Maybe my humour isn't the same as yours...

Amazing guide there, Miss Doronjo.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old October 9th, 2011, 02:13 AM
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Just another advertisement, but I have two spots still open in "It Begins And Ends In The Stadium", if there is anyone interested.
Old October 9th, 2011, 02:30 AM
-Nocturnal
Vengeance.

Quote:
Why do I suddenly feel rejected? Maybe my humour isn't the same as yours...
I just don't get some of them *shot*

Quote:
Just another advertisement, but I have two spots still open in "It Begins And Ends In The Stadium", if there is anyone interested.
Lol okay okay jeez you've said that for like *scrolls up* 3 times *shot again*
Old October 9th, 2011, 02:34 AM
ohHeyVaporeon.
You just can't shake me.

Hey, hey, hey... I have two RPs. I've only advertised for this one twice, if I'm not mistaken. That was the second time. I've advertised the other one quite a bit, though.
Old October 10th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Harebrained
Switch to decaf? Never!

Nature: Rash
Helpful little guide, Miss Doronjo. I might have to be opening my own soon as it is. Maybe I just don't spend enough time on Pokemon forums, but it seems that every roleplay I look at is full up.

Although, I personally put only a small or moderate amount of effort into my applications. Left to my own devices, I could easily reach a few pages in Word during a 1-2 hour session, but there's very little as frustrating as to put that much into an application only to have the roleplay die shortly after or go poorly. It feels like such a waste of my time and mental energy, and I'm kind of paranoid about it.

Last edited by Harebrained; October 10th, 2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old October 10th, 2011, 08:35 AM
luigimario84
Owner of worlds

Land of dead, mine and Nakuzami's L4D2 RP has 8 spots open if anybody wants to join!

JULIUS SEIZURE!!!!!!
Old October 10th, 2011, 06:12 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

It seems like if I took a count of the RP's in the past month with the words: Darkness, and Rising/Rises/Rise/Rising/or Uprise. There would be about ALL OF THEM. It just seems like those are very common title words.

Sponsored Links