The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 10th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I guess it would be nice to see a roleplay that doesn't have that title. Kind of make it sound redundant.

/hello i'm waddling back here because i'm going to try to get back into roleplaying. again.
Old October 10th, 2011, 10:25 PM
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
I'm guilty of having one of those words in my RP. *Sulks head in shame*

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old October 11th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Eh, well, Disgaea is the only one of my roleplays that has that title, and its for a very good reason, y'know.

Which BTW, I made a Disgaea roleplay! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=264411

[and ergh, yeah, I always misspell Disagea on the first try~ (shrug)]

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old October 11th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Niriate
Rivalist

Nature: Calm
Just checking around here for possible interest in a Pokemon RP focused on Contests and perhaps a Grand Festival in the end. In my opinion, it would be a great way to express creativity and create a link between the games and the anime since Contests are rather poorly expressed in the game while very expressive in the anime.

Thoughts?

Current Challenge: Trainer Personality Examination. Platinum

Starting with LeafGreen 'soon'TM

Wishing I could do Ice-Mono challenge in Platinum Lack of hacking skills FTL

Old October 11th, 2011, 12:02 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Eh, well, Disgaea is the only one of my roleplays that has that title, and its for a very good reason, y'know.

Which BTW, I made a Disgaea roleplay! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=264411

[and ergh, yeah, I always misspell Disagea on the first try~ (shrug)]
What is Disgea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niriate View Post
Just checking around here for possible interest in a Pokemon RP focused on Contests and perhaps a Grand Festival in the end. In my opinion, it would be a great way to express creativity and create a link between the games and the anime since Contests are rather poorly expressed in the game while very expressive in the anime.

Thoughts?
People always talk about doing them, or used to, but I haven't ever seen one that interests me. It just seems like it could get repetitive.
Old October 11th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Disgaea, as far as I know, is a game which heavily relies on tactics... I think. We have Disgaea 2 at work which I have been extremely keen on getting. <: Maybe I will today!!
Old October 11th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Uh, you guys played some of the Final Fantasy games, right?
Disgaea is a lot like that~ :3

Or, if you're still wondering, you can just check out the wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgaea

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old October 11th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Uh, you guys played some of the Final Fantasy games, right?
Disgaea is a lot like that~ :3

Or, if you're still wondering, you can just check out the wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgaea
If I buy it today and find it the game interesting, I'll definitely join your RP. <:

i love demons <: <: <:
Old October 11th, 2011, 03:35 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

Haha, it seems like Prinnies are the Chocobos of Disgea.
Old October 12th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Nate_Dawg
Beginning Trainer

I think another thing that hurts RPs is the speed at which some people post. I remember starting this one RP where there were almost three pages of posts in the first day. I understand excitement about an RP, but it kills the excitement of people like me who simply can't keep up with that speed. I tend to make one multi-paragraph post every another day if I'm lucky. It is difficult to stay interested when I have to read through 3 pages of stuff every time I get on.
Old October 12th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemongarnet View Post
It seems like if I took a count of the RP's in the past month with the words: Darkness, and Rising/Rises/Rise/Rising/or Uprise. There would be about ALL OF THEM. It just seems like those are very common title words.
And none of my RPs have ever had those words in them ^.^ Well... one of my RPs had the word "Dark" in the name... whatever X3

Anybody want to join Plague? It's a remake of Zamorak's RP(and apparently it lured him back to the RP Corner ^.^') and it's by MichaelaTheUchiha and myself. Jooooiiiiiiinnnn iiiiitt! You know you want to C:<
Old October 12th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Ice.
Ice.

Nature: Hardy
I just thought I'd let the RP Corner know that I am going to release an RP that is a little errmm..... off the traditional system... not going to tell you much but, I'm going to try the "fear of the unknown" advertising.
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Vanilla Ice
Vanipeti <3

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground_Zephyr View Post
I just thought I'd let the RP Corner know that I am going to release an RP that is a little errmm..... off the traditional system... not going to tell you much but, I'm going to try the "fear of the unknown" advertising.
Define traditional. As far as I can recall, we never had a 'traditional system' of RPing. We love change and progress provided it is positive and everyone accepts it. So far I don't know whether to "fear the unknown" or not. x3
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:25 PM
The warden
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
Now time for some blatant advertising. My latest RP "The Deliverance of a Region" is now open and I'm looking for Role Players. It's a journey style RP but(I hope) a little more realistic than most settings. [IC Thread] [OOC/SU Thread]
Old October 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Ice.
Ice.

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
Define traditional. As far as I can recall, we never had a 'traditional system' of RPing. We love change and progress provided it is positive and everyone accepts it. So far I don't know whether to "fear the unknown" or not. x3
What I meant by off the traditional system is an idea a little ermm.... different than most RP's. I plan to release it soon, it is just not ready yet.
Old October 13th, 2011, 03:32 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

May I suggest something? Because I'm going to. I feel like we should have tags that are specific to the RP Corner, like things that are put in front of titles on threads like having [OOC] or [PG-13] or [Pokemon], to indicate what the thread is without having it put in the title.

Last edited by pokemongarnet; October 13th, 2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: I mispelled "we" XD
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
I'm still tempted to buy a Disgaea game. SOMEDAY. /are any of the ones for PSP good

Anyways, I have a new idea. This is sort of like that Magical Kid one I came up with a while ago, except I was thinking of combining two series: Madoka Magica and Pokemon. The idea's in spoilers for those who are actually watching/reading the series or one of its spin-offs :P

Spoiler:
For those who don't know, the girls in Madoka become Magical Girls/Puella Magi by forming a contract with Incubators. The contract is made by making a wish (nothing too outlandish, although there are some circumstances where this can be disregarded...). The Puella Magi then fight Witches because they feed on people's hopes and dreams. Upon defeating a Witch, a Grief Seed is produced, which Puella Magi can use. However, because Grief Seeds are somewhat hard to get, Puella Magi often have to fight one another and gain control of a "territory".

There is another catch: When the contract is made, the Puella Magi's soul is placed into a Soul Gem. If someone threw the Soul Gem quite a distance from the Puella Magi, they would become a motionless shell. If the Soul Gem breaks, they die. If they don't purify it with Grief Seeds picked up from Witches, they turn into Witches themselves. The Incubators claim that they turn the girls into Puella Magi and then into Witches because their emotions supply the world with energy (or something like that).

Now, here's where Pokemon comes into play: The Incubators discovered a world where strange creatures and humans work together. They sent a few spies to observe the human race, which was rather easy considering how they looked similar to the "Pokemon". Eventually, they learned about the legend of Jirachi and decided to take advantage of it by creating an Incubator that looked just like it. This Jirachi impersonator would go around forming contracts with girls and boys, producing both Puella and Puer(? Idk this is what Google Translate gave me) Magi. However, unlike the world Madoka lives in, these Magi could only use support magic on their Pokemon, be it increased Speed, Attack, Defense, "Magic" (Special Attack), "Magic Defense" (Special Defense), Regeneration, etc.

Unfortunately for many of the original Puella/Puer Magi of this world, there was nothing to purify their Soul Gems with, and as a result the Soul Gems became impure. However, instead of turning into Witches, the Puella/Puer Magi turned into "darker" and weaker versions of the legendary Pokemon. They were visible to all, and could only be defeated by Pokemon under the command of Puella/Puer Magi.

In the case of the people participating in this RP, they would be Puella/Puer Magi who formed a contract with "Jirachi" and thus have to fight off the "Dark Legends" (as they call them). The Dark Legends would also have Familiars, these being Pokemon of similar types (e.g. Familiars of Giratina would be Gastly, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Dragonair, etc.). They can fight one another, too, and the number of Dark Legends of the same "species" is unlimited seeing how there's only a certain number of them.

---

Keep in mind this isn't what the actual plot entry will look like, and I still need to figure out a region (I'm thinking of choosing all of them and creating some way for people to travel between regions quickly). For more details on the world of Madoka, the Puella Magi Wiki is probably the best source. And if you feel it takes too long to read all the episode pages, the site also has a funny parody in pictures! And yes this paraody originated in 4chan.

Sorry it's so long ;; But thoughts?

Last edited by Eucliffe; October 13th, 2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old October 13th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
May I suggest something? Because I'm going to. I feel like we should have tags that are specific to the RP Corner, like things that are put in front of titles on threads like having [OOC] or [PG-13] or [Pokemon], to indicate what the thread is without having it put in the title.
That's is very nifty and handy. Makes everything look organized without having such long thread titles. :>

Old October 13th, 2011, 08:12 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

They have them on other forums so, why not here?

I don't get why people don't put a lot of the things in their titles, in the thread. Like when people explain why their RP is rated how it is.....
Old October 14th, 2011, 03:12 AM
xXJumboShrimpXx
Trainer

Quote:
They have them on other forums so, why not here?

I don't get why people don't put a lot of the things in their titles, in the thread. Like when people explain why their RP is rated how it is.....
Probably because their to lazy and don't care much about presentation.

Not to post this as spam or anything but were losing alot of RPs due to busy lives and were looking for people so If your interested come on down
>>HERE <<

Last edited by xXJumboShrimpXx; October 14th, 2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old October 14th, 2011, 03:24 AM
-Nocturnal
Vengeance.

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to -Nocturnal Send a message via Yahoo to -Nocturnal
^

Indeed, my RP, War Between Pokemon & Humans II is searching for more RPers to join. If you're interested please drop by. It's still in early phase, and it's never too late to join *PLEASE HELP* xD
Old October 14th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
That's... a pretty good idea! I'll see what I can do about that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
I'm still tempted to buy a Disgaea game. SOMEDAY. /are any of the ones for PSP good
I bought Disgaea 2 on PSP (Dark Hero Days) and it's AMAZING. Very much looking forward to Miss Doronjo's RP <:
Old October 14th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Quote:

Anyways, I have a new idea. This is sort of like that Magical Kid one I came up with a while ago, except I was thinking of combining two series: Madoka Magica and Pokemon. The idea's in spoilers for those who are actually watching/reading the series or one of its spin-offs :P

Spoiler:
For those who don't know, the girls in Madoka become Magical Girls/Puella Magi by forming a contract with Incubators. The contract is made by making a wish (nothing too outlandish, although there are some circumstances where this can be disregarded...). The Puella Magi then fight Witches because they feed on people's hopes and dreams. Upon defeating a Witch, a Grief Seed is produced, which Puella Magi can use. However, because Grief Seeds are somewhat hard to get, Puella Magi often have to fight one another and gain control of a "territory".
Spoiler:

There is another catch: When the contract is made, the Puella Magi's soul is placed into a Soul Gem. If someone threw the Soul Gem quite a distance from the Puella Magi, they would become a motionless shell. If the Soul Gem breaks, they die. If they don't purify it with Grief Seeds picked up from Witches, they turn into Witches themselves. The Incubators claim that they turn the girls into Puella Magi and then into Witches because their emotions supply the world with energy (or something like that).

Now, here's where Pokemon comes into play: The Incubators discovered a world where strange creatures and humans work together. They sent a few spies to observe the human race, which was rather easy considering how they looked similar to the "Pokemon". Eventually, they learned about the legend of Jirachi and decided to take advantage of it by creating an Incubator that looked just like it. This Jirachi impersonator would go around forming contracts with girls and boys, producing both Puella and Puer(? Idk this is what Google Translate gave me) Magi. However, unlike the world Madoka lives in, these Magi could only use support magic on their Pokemon, be it increased Speed, Attack, Defense, "Magic" (Special Attack), "Magic Defense" (Special Defense), Regeneration, etc.

Unfortunately for many of the original Puella/Puer Magi of this world, there was nothing to purify their Soul Gems with, and as a result the Soul Gems became impure. However, instead of turning into Witches, the Puella/Puer Magi turned into "darker" and weaker versions of the legendary Pokemon. They were visible to all, and could only be defeated by Pokemon under the command of Puella/Puer Magi.

In the case of the people participating in this RP, they would be Puella/Puer Magi who formed a contract with "Jirachi" and thus have to fight off the "Dark Legends" (as they call them). The Dark Legends would also have Familiars, these being Pokemon of similar types (e.g. Familiars of Giratina would be Gastly, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Dragonair, etc.). They can fight one another, too, and the number of Dark Legends of the same "species" is unlimited seeing how there's only a certain number of them.

---

Keep in mind this isn't what the actual plot entry will look like, and I still need to figure out a region (I'm thinking of choosing all of them and creating some way for people to travel between regions quickly). For more details on the world of Madoka, the Puella Magi Wiki is probably the best source. And if you feel it takes too long to read all the episode pages, the site also has a funny parody in pictures! And yes this paraody originated in 4chan.

Sorry it's so long ;; But thoughts?

Its not bad at all! Its very nice; I can't wait for it~ :3

Your planning to pick out a pokemon region, right? I'm not sure; you ~could~ make it a region that controvises the most in magic, time and space, y'know, somewhere that adds to the theme of magic and sorecery you provided here; and you also mentioned Giratina here, so you could set it in maybe Sinnoh, or...I'm not sure if you want a place in Madoka, or wherever you decide; its up to you! That was just my thought to help you bounce ideas!! :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; October 14th, 2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old October 14th, 2011, 11:36 AM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJumboShrimpXx View Post
Probably because their to lazy and don't care much about presentation.
I doubt that, because it's be an equal amount of work to type it in the first post... and the title would look more appealing, but whatever.
Old October 14th, 2011, 01:05 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Boy, new and active roleplays are cropping up faster than old ones can end. =o

I'm pretty sure I'm near or at my limit too. 'Tis sad.

Regardless. I'm here to advertise Down with the Crown. We are a small roleplay limited to 4 roleplayers (Not including the two GMs) and are currrently still waiting to see if more people join, though time is running out for that.

Quote:
This roleplay is run by two GMs working together, PkMnTrainer Yellow and LawOfTheLand. We have both put quite a bit of work into planning this roleplay. The roleplay is adventure themed with a side of character development and optional romance. You may also find it to be laced with some paranormal horror. It's intended to be reasonably fast paced. That being said, you should aim to have a minimum average post rate of around one post per two days.
It's worth noting that this is not the paranormal horror focused RP I mentioned earlier, which would've had a much stronger focus.

While I'm here, I might as well mention that The Pokemon Trainer Academy still has plenty of spots to be filled. (Majority of them are teacher spots, but only your first character takes up a spot at all, so the other two can be students in any dorm you please, assuming you can handle playing multiple characters. There are also 4 student spots regardless.)

I also have two other ideas for roleplays that I haven't made yet. Unfortunately I am at my limit for GMing roleplays right now most certainly, so they'll have to wait.

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; October 14th, 2011 at 01:29 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links