Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 16th, 2011 (05:22 AM).
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
New people yay! :DDDD My name is Lucia and I'm one of the Veteran RPers according to the emblem on my profile :B, having started sometime back in 2004 or something like that (over at 4Kids and later at a virtual pet site; man did I suck then).

Also here to help if ya need it. In fact, I'm sure most people here would be willing to help out riiiiiiiight?

And I'm sorry if I sound egotistical or anything; I meant everything in good fun ;;
Old October 16th, 2011 (05:39 AM).
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
Wow, a sudden surge of Hoeen-based RPs. Anyways I might think of rebooting an old RP that had a good start but I somewhat neglected it. It's a cross between Avatar and TRON. Anyone game?

Old October 16th, 2011 (05:59 AM).
-Nocturnal
Vengeance.

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to -Nocturnal Send a message via Yahoo to -Nocturnal
Quote:
You Are Looking At The Future King Of Roleplaying. See You All Around.
Indeed very confident. We'll see about that *winks* Have fun.
Old October 16th, 2011 (09:33 AM).
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Pirate Hunter:
You Are Looking At The Future King Of Roleplaying. See You All Around.
If ur the king, I'm the friggen RP Master! xD See YOU around!

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old October 16th, 2011 (09:36 AM).
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Well, why don't all of us PQ members call him out. :D Pirate, I just want to say, good luck buddy. You'll need it! >:O

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old October 16th, 2011 (09:39 AM).
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Now, now, we're all equally good at RPing; we just have different styles~ The RPA is public opinion, and "Best RPer" is just a title with no meaning. After all, the only thing you get out of it is an emblem; no special responsibilities or benefits, right? :P And I personally think the PQ is a bit biased; quite a few RPers who should be in it aren't :3 Not trying to flame anyone, I'm just saying.

Oh, and I think I'm finally gonna start on that Madoka Magica/Pokemon-crossover RP. Again, no one needs to know anything about Madoka in order to take part~ Everything will be explained in the thing, after all.
Old October 16th, 2011 (09:48 AM). Edited October 16th, 2011 by MichaelaTheUchiha.
MichaelaTheUchiha
Forever Shawol and Aileean

The best RPer is also kind of like the Prom Queen and King; it's a slight popularity contest. I was voted for the Best RPer (once, a long time ago xD) because I was the old mod of the RP corner. Yeah, we didn't have the awards thing when I was a mod...(why do I suddenly feel old? I'm not even the most veteran, lol)

Also, like Roswell said, we do have different styles. I write like my posts are individual stories, which is why I either post fast or can't post for two weeks. Which is why I nag people to post. I want, need, to finish the "story".

(randomly got an idea for an award)

Best Veteran RPer could be an award. Like Best Rookie, we could have Best Veteran...

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old October 16th, 2011 (10:12 AM). Edited October 16th, 2011 by SV.
SV
It was justified

@Roswell, While I do agree, some of the PQ members probably don't deserve to be in, you have to understand that they do other functions, most of which occur either on the website or on FB. I wouldn't be too quick to assume, especially since I do believe you don't know much about it. Still I do agree that some people are in there when they don't deserve to be.

However, I completely disagree that all RPers are equally good. That's just another way of saying we're all participating in the Special Olympics, and everyone's a winner. I know there are more talented RPers here than others, not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but it's true. Nideous Lu, little dude, and Dia, for example, are much more talented than rusty, DeepImpact, and Samarth, well, I won't name any names, but you get the gist. Saying we're all equal is...bogus.

Old October 16th, 2011 (10:20 AM).
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

It is true that I don't know much about it other than what I've seen. And I guess I did go a little overboard saying we're all "equal". But we all have strengths and weaknesses when it comes to RPing, ne? I guess in a sense you can say we're all the same in that area.

...Idk, I'm not the best at getting my point across ;w;
Old October 16th, 2011 (10:28 AM).
SV
It was justified

@Roswell No, I see what you're saying. I do agree there. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. But that "area' is, to me at least, pretty wide.

And sorry if I came out a bit harshly. I'm the Prez of PQ, I have to defend my people, ya know?

Old October 16th, 2011 (10:51 AM).
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nah, it's all right. Being an avid reader of Fairy Tail I understand the power of nakama (allies/friends/what have you) :P

Anyways, um, would anyone be frightened away if I used a lot of CSS for my RP? I was gonna make it simpler to navigate (have a little navigation bar on the top) and to have it look a bit pretty, but if people prefer simple and sweet, then that's OK too!
Old October 16th, 2011 (11:02 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Roswell:
It is true that I don't know much about it other than what I've seen. And I guess I did go a little overboard saying we're all "equal". But we all have strengths and weaknesses when it comes to RPing, ne? I guess in a sense you can say we're all the same in that area.

...Idk, I'm not the best at getting my point across ;w;
Yeah, I think you meant everyone is talented in their own way. :3

Like, I can be more talented in humor, and someone could be more talented in I dunno, structure. :3

Nah, it's all right. Being an avid reader of Fairy Tail I understand the power of nakama (allies/friends/what have you) :P

Anyways, um, would anyone be frightened away if I used a lot of CSS for my RP? I was gonna make it simpler to navigate (have a little navigation bar on the top) and to have it look a bit pretty, but if people prefer simple and sweet, then that's OK too!
It doesn't matter to me! I do like Roleplays that are neat and organized all the same~ :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old October 16th, 2011 (11:12 AM).
MichaelaTheUchiha

This is something that I've wondered about for awhile (I was "away" during the making, I guess), what is PQ anyways? o.O

Old October 16th, 2011 (11:13 AM).
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
Now, now, we're all equally good at RPing; we just have different styles~ The RPA is public opinion, and "Best RPer" is just a title with no meaning. After all, the only thing you get out of it is an emblem; no special responsibilities or benefits, right? And I personally think the PQ is a bit biased; quite a few RPers who should be in it aren't :3 Not trying to flame anyone, I'm just saying.

Oh, and I think I'm finally gonna start on that Madoka Magica/Pokemon-crossover RP. Again, no one needs to know anything about Madoka in order to take part~ Everything will be explained in the thing, after all.
Madoka/Pokemon? DO WANT!

I don't really consider myself the greatest RPer, but I think I'm decent enough. It's just something I do out of boredom really. xD

Old October 16th, 2011 (11:14 AM).
Nideous

The people that need to know already do. jkjkjk

The PQ is a group of elite RPers. Someone who's been a member for longer than a few hours could tell you more. :D

Old October 16th, 2011 (11:16 AM).
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

I still wouldn't call it "Elite". Like I said earlier, there are quite a few RPers here who should be in it and aren't :P I see it more as a circle of friends, since it seems like the members are friends on FB and all that.

Pfffffft I swear I'm gonna waste this entire day just on perfecting CSS for the RP I'm making.
Old October 16th, 2011 (11:18 AM).
Nideous

Well, that's how it was described to me. XO But I wouldn't know. I've only seen the better members. XD

Old October 16th, 2011 (11:24 AM).
MichaelaTheUchiha

I'm actually not sure if I like the sound of that sort of group thing. I mean, sure, there are some RPers that are better than other (grammatical wise and rapid posting wise), but to make an "elite" group...Just not my cup o' tea.

No offense, Supervegeta.

Old October 16th, 2011 (11:25 AM).
Raikiri
The Awakened
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I have been here for a solid 3 years and I have never heard of this "PQ" myself. Must be a new thing that is way above my pay-grade.

Or I don't creep around the right areas in the corner

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old October 16th, 2011 (11:28 AM).
MichaelaTheUchiha

Quote originally posted by Raikiri:
I have been here for a solid 3 years and I have never heard of this "PQ" myself. Must be a new thing that is way above my pay-grade.

Or I don't creep around the right areas in the corner
It's new, I think. Before I disappeared for a month (or more), it didn't exist, but when I came back, it did.

Old October 16th, 2011 (11:31 AM). Edited October 16th, 2011 by SV.
SV
It was justified

@Roswell Trying to push me? *angry face on* (not really )

That's not what the PQ is. The PQ is a group of RPers that work together to help improve each others RP skills, either by co-GMing, improving the storyline, through comments, suggestions, and hints, and working together as a whole to get BETTER at RPing. It is not a group of Elite RPers. It is a group of RPers who are TRYING to become elite. :D Although some of us are.

Also, not all of us are actually great friends. The purpose of using FB is to discuss it with more detail than, say, here on PC.

I just wanted to clear it up for you guys, since you are all having trouble understanding what it really is about. It's not about only good RPers joining, and it's not some Elite society and all that. It's about people determined and potentially exempt enough to GET to that point. That's why certain people you might consider not as talented are in. We're trying to get them to a higher point, and I think, ultimately, we are succeeding.

Again, sorry if I came out angry, but you have to stop making assumption about things you don't know.

@Nidous This isn't necessarily your fault, because while Nocturnal Founded PQ, I am the President. I run it.

Old October 16th, 2011 (11:41 AM).
MichaelaTheUchiha

Quote originally posted by Supervegeta:
@Roswell Trying to push me? *angry face on* (not really )

That's not what the PQ is. The PQ is a group of RPers that work together to help improve each others RP skills, either by co-GMing, improving the storyline, through comments, suggestions, and hints, and working together as a whole to get BETTER at RPing. It is not a group of Elite RPers. It is a group of RPers who are TRYING to become elite. :D Although some of us are.

Also, not all of us are actually great friends. The purpose of using FB is to discuss it with more detail than, say, here on PC.

I just wanted to clear it up for you guys, since you are all having trouble understanding what it really is about. It's not about only good RPers joining, and it's some Elite society and all that. It's about people determined and potentially exempt enough to GET to that point. That's why certain people you might consider not as talented are in. We're trying to get them to a higher point, and I think, ultimately, we are succeeding.

Again, sorry if I came out angry, but you have to stop making assumption about things you don't know.

@Nidous This isn't necessarily your fault, because while Nocturnal Founded PQ, I am the President. I run it.
And that makes more sense. xD

I'm still kind of iffy, though. There are some people who do need the help, but don't join because they think that they are okay. There might also be some people who shouldn't really be helping others because they aren't okay. Plus, some sorts of things are something that you have to go and learn by yourself and gain some experience for yourself.

But, the reason seems to be good. I just feel like it shouldn't be just a "group", but the whole RP community.

But that's just me.

Old October 16th, 2011 (11:45 AM).
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

What's FB? Oh, Facebook probably, ok I feel stupid. If I'm wrong i feel stupididerz.

@Roswell: CSS would definitely be better imo, organization is very useful if you plan on running an RP with alot of people over a long time. All this is in my opinion though.
Old October 16th, 2011 (11:46 AM).
MichaelaTheUchiha

Quote originally posted by pokemongarnet:
What's FB? Oh, Facebook probably, ok I feel stupid. If I'm wrong i feel stupididerz.
Don't worry, it is Facebook. xD You're not stupididerz.

Old October 16th, 2011 (11:49 AM).
SV
It was justified

The whole RPing community won't work. Secularized group such as this is proven effective to work. Some of us mentor while others learn. Ultimately, we all provide some sort of criticism at some point, and it is up to the GM to accept it or not, and on most occasion's, he/she does.

If EVERYONE joins, it wouldn't be as successful, because how many would actually be actively participating? It's proven that most people that would join wouldn't participate, however, if we CHOOSE who get's in, that's another story entirely. Selection works. Its showing that every day, I think.

But your critique is welcome. :D *pokes*

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links