The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 27th, 2011 (09:23 AM).
Adventure

Nature: Naive
That's kind of the reason I don't join either xD I don't know where to jump in, what the story is...

Maybe I should just go play Yellow Version or something again xD
Old November 27th, 2011 (11:23 AM).
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
People should stop voting for me. I wanna give others a chance too. There are far more deserving people in categories if you just take a quick peak around.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old November 27th, 2011 (03:46 PM).
MichaelaTheUchiha
Forever Shawol and Aileean

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
People should stop voting for me. I wanna give others a chance too. There are far more deserving people in categories if you just take a quick peak around.
Yes, it's obvious that I am far more deserving.

(cough lie cough)

SV, you should feel honoured, man! It means that you're well known and that people think you are almighty and we should bow down to your awesomenes...Yeah, maybe not.

And people are probably going to vote about people they know rather than people they just randomly see in another RP that they're just passing along through. You are fairly well known and are a good RP so, 1 + 1 = you getting votes! xD

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old November 27th, 2011 (04:17 PM).
Wymsical
V.S. The Wymsical Champion

I gotta agree with SV and this one, tho. PEOPLE SHOULD STOP VOTING FOR HIM!!! XD

I thought the RPAs wasn't a popularity contest? If you're gonna vote for one person you know well over and over, it IS a popularity contest. :/

Links To Be Added Soon
Old November 27th, 2011 (04:26 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I'm sorry Skymin, I haven't been around enough lately to know who to nominate for what >.< But all you others have no excuse! xD
OMG, you're alive!
Anyways . . . you could always vote for me in every category, lol. ;3 Do it, you know you want to, :P

@Wymsical - In the end it's kind of hard to avoid the popularity part. If the person is popular, you're more likely to have seen them around and see what kind of a RPer they are, whereas if they aren't as popular, you might be unfamiliar with their work so you're not going to vote for them.
Either way, I don't get many votes, lol. I need to try harder and prioritize better, lol. :P

Anyways, I think Plague could use some more RPers . . . the more the merrier, and a better chance you have of surviving a zombie apocalypse.
Old November 27th, 2011 (04:32 PM).
Wymsical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post

OMG, you're alive!
Anyways . . . you could always vote for me in every category, lol. ;3 Do it, you know you want to,

@Wymsical - In the end it's kind of hard to avoid the popularity part. If the person is popular, you're more likely to have seen them around and see what kind of a RPer they are, whereas if they aren't as popular, you might be unfamiliar with their work so you're not going to vote for them.
Either way, I don't get many votes, lol. I need to try harder and prioritize better, lol.

Anyways, I think Plague could use some more RPers . . . the more the merrier, and a better chance you have of surviving a zombie apocalypse.
Well then, why do they keep saying it ISN'T?! X3 It is half a popularity contest then. A good way to avoid the popularity crap is to think about your votes instead of randomly casting them on people you know :/ Look around RPs and try to find someone ELSE worthy of your vote. If you keep voting for the same person over and over vegeta will choke on emblems nobody else will get a chance. :/

Zombie Apocalypse? Lame. Zombies are so yesterday. xD

Links To Be Added Soon
Old November 27th, 2011 (04:53 PM).
MichaelaTheUchiha

I'm actually glad and sad that no one is voting for me. Glad because I've already won an award (a long time ago), so I don't really need another, but sad because it seems that none of the newbies really know me. xD

Old November 27th, 2011 (05:25 PM).
revlis
The Dream Walker
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Just a heads up guys, Atlantis Arising is still open to join if you are interested, the storyline is fluid enough so that others can join without disrupting much.
Old November 27th, 2011 (11:03 PM).
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Just FYI for those looking to waste more... I mean RP more First Contact needs two more Pokemon players. Just thought I would spa... I mean advertise here.

Idea of the RP is future humans (who have almost all been wiped) crash land on a planet inhabited by Pokemon, who are much more intelligent than your normal Pokemon who get caught in balls. Basically the start of the RP will be the interaction of the two different races...
Old November 28th, 2011 (12:25 AM).
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
Well, I voted for johnny mcclain out of pure honesty, but if you don't want the award I can happily find another person deserving of it.!

And hear hear on Ichiro's atlantis comment. We need more members !!
Old November 28th, 2011 (01:13 AM).
revlis
The Dream Walker
Community Supporter

Hey guys, just a little heads up, I have made a facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/189828071106049/ called The Roleplay Lounge, for those of you that have facebook, this group would be like a hub, so you can chat among yourselves, find people who roleplay near you and generally hang out away from PC.
Old November 28th, 2011 (01:22 AM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Well, I tried my best not to make this RPA into a popularity contest. I have never RPed with Ichiro (hope I do though) yet I still voted for him her. :P To be honest, yeah, people STOP VOTING FOR VEGETA LOL

Idk, I feel there are a LOT of underrated RPers around. For example, anybody remember Xilfer123? He was a really good RPer but unfortunately no one voted for him (except Vegeta). Even Stingray, his RPs are original, his posts are good, but hardly anyone votes for him. In the end, it's about who is the most well known RPer around the Corner. lol

But at the same time, you're well known because you're active. Even if you have friends and all, if you just have a lotta friends and post once in a RP people won't vote for you. Activity around the Corner makes you well known, and that does contribute to the fact that you're a good RPer (to be a good RPer, you need to be active as well, which was noted a few pages back) but it's just not enough to make you win that prize and "Be the best".
Old November 28th, 2011 (01:20 PM).
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
I sent a request for the facebook group!

also, let me *coughadvertisecough* my RP. The God's Plaything still has three more slots open!

@Michael: Are you still going to finish the SU? Thanks!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old November 28th, 2011 (01:37 PM).
MichaelaTheUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
I sent a request for the facebook group!

also, let me *coughadvertisecough* my RP. The God's Plaything still has three more slots open!

@Michael: Are you still going to finish the SU? Thanks!
I really hope that wasn't referring to me. D=<

Old November 28th, 2011 (01:41 PM).
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Ooppsss. My bad.. sory it was supposed to be Michaela. :\

yes, it is you. *sorry about the constant nag*

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old November 28th, 2011 (02:02 PM).
MichaelaTheUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
Ooppsss. My bad.. sory it was supposed to be Michaela. :\

yes, it is you. *sorry about the constant nag*
LOL, that's okay. =P

That's fine. I've finished anyways.

Old November 28th, 2011 (02:31 PM). Edited November 28th, 2011 by Wymsical.
Wymsical

@All you little rats Everyone: Hey! Did anyone just see what DeepImpact wrote!? That was heartbreaking... xD

I totally agree, people. And listen to me when I say this or else but we need to turn this from a popularity contest (which gets lame eventually because the same people just win over and over) And turn it into a real RPing X-Factor a real talent contest.

Edit: U were Ninja'd

Links To Be Added Soon
Old November 28th, 2011 (02:31 PM).
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeepImpact- View Post
Well, I tried my best not to make this RPA into a popularity contest. I have never RPed with Ichiro (hope I do though) yet I still voted for him her. :P To be honest, yeah, people STOP VOTING FOR VEGETA LOL

Idk, I feel there are a LOT of underrated RPers around. For example, anybody remember Xilfer123? He was a really good RPer but unfortunately no one voted for him (except Vegeta). Even Stingray, his RPs are original, his posts are good, but hardly anyone votes for him. In the end, it's about who is the most well known RPer around the Corner. lol

But at the same time, you're well known because you're active. Even if you have friends and all, if you just have a lotta friends and post once in a RP people won't vote for you. Activity around the Corner makes you well known, and that does contribute to the fact that you're a good RPer (to be a good RPer, you need to be active as well, which was noted a few pages back) but it's just not enough to make you win that prize and "Be the best".
I disagree. I am the moderator of this board and essentially the most active and should be the most well known here. Despite this, I'm not getting a outrageous amount of votes (I'm not complaining, I honestly don't care. I'd rather earn my vote as apposed to getting it just because I'm mod). It's a direct tie in to friendship, niceness, activity, actual skill and how many pies your fingers are stuck in. Supervegeta was well known as president for the PQ by those who knew what it was and was revered as a "great leader" or something. So he was well known and had the skill to back it up.

I voted for him out of pure honesty, but if you don't want my vote, I'm happy to take it somewhere else.
Old November 28th, 2011 (04:48 PM). Edited November 28th, 2011 by SV.
SV
It was justified

OK, guys, it's just the RPA, let's not take it TOO seriously. I was kinda saying it in a joking matter. But seriously, we should have a bit more people vote. Come on everyone! Go to the RPAs and cast a vote!

@Skymin Nah, if you really believe I deserve it, go vote for me, (I'm touched, btw. :D) it should be your opinion, after all.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old November 28th, 2011 (05:29 PM).
Wymsical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
OK, guys, it's just the RPA, let's not take it TOO seriously. I was kinda saying it in a joking matter. But seriously, we should have a bit more people vote. Come on everyone! Go to the RPAs and cast a vote!
LOL, I wasn't taking it that seriously And anyway, like you said, and I quote, "Don't pay it too much attention, I found out it's really just a popularity contest." lolol

But yeah, we should get more people to vote. Most of the people who have actually posted on it have TBC marked on everything. WTF Does that even stand for? The Bird Crap?? lolol jk

Links To Be Added Soon
Old November 28th, 2011 (05:40 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymsical View Post
LOL, I wasn't taking it that seriously :P And anyway, like you said, and I quote, "Don't pay it too much attention, I found out it's really just a popularity contest." lolol

But yeah, we should get more people to vote. Most of the people who have actually posted on it have TBC marked on everything. WTF Does that even stand for? The Bird Crap?? lolol jk
No, if it was The Bird Crap, the crap would be aimed at you and it wouldn't be in our posts, it'd be on you. Lol . . .

Oh, I had an idea . . . uh, kinda? Since I don't think that Blue Dragon RP I was thinking of making would be very popular . . . how does a Spectrobes RP or something sound? Anybody interested, at all?
Old November 28th, 2011 (06:42 PM).
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
I disagree. I am the moderator of this board and essentially the most active and should be the most well known here. Despite this, I'm not getting a outrageous amount of votes (I'm not complaining, I honestly don't care. I'd rather earn my vote as apposed to getting it just because I'm mod). It's a direct tie in to friendship, niceness, activity, actual skill and how many pies your fingers are stuck in. Supervegeta was well known as president for the PQ by those who knew what it was and was revered as a "great leader" or something. So he was well known and had the skill to back it up.
That is a very valid point, but I don't read enough RP's to know who to vote for, that's why I don't. I feel like I shouldn't vote if I really don't see a little bit of how everybody RP's. But, while it being a popularity contest is true in a sense, it doesn't really matter. Because someone's popularity should generally say that there is a reason why they're popular... Btw. Are you new here, what is a SKYMIN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post

Oh, I had an idea . . . uh, kinda? Since I don't think that Blue Dragon RP I was thinking of making would be very popular . . . how does a Spectrobes RP or something sound? Anybody interested, at all?
I probably wouldn't join because my time is extremely limited, and I can barely keep active in one RP. But Spectrobes is plenty flexible and could be turned into an RP pretty easily. As long as it had a plot that had direction, it would probably be able to work out well.
Old November 28th, 2011 (07:08 PM).
Tauros14
Minecraft+Pokemon=Pure Joy

[SIZE="a"]Are there any really active RPs that have open spots?[/SIZE]
Old November 28th, 2011 (07:26 PM).
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

There are PLENTY! If you think you're good enough, Atlantis always has spots open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemongarnet View Post
Are you new here, what is a SKYMIN?
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.
Old November 28th, 2011 (07:45 PM).
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

That reminds me of the "I see what you did there slowpoke" Its face is hilarious.

Sponsored Links