Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 7th, 2011 (02:48 PM).
You gotta purty mouth!

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blaziken15
Quote originally posted by Wymsical:
I think it's a good idea to have one of each region. It would give great diversity because there would be 5 GMs, 5 different regions, 5 ways to play. 5 sets of playas, etc etc. I would gladly GM the Hoenn one too. Then, we make one mass RP that is basically the sequel of all 5.
I'd be down for that. It sounds like a great idea. It could get a little hard to manage and the amount of people in it could be trouble in lines of activity. But other than that it sounds cool.
Old December 7th, 2011 (02:57 PM).
Forever Shawol and Aileean

Nature: Adamant
If I wasn't such a terrible GM, I would gladly take the Sinnoh under my wing.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old December 7th, 2011 (03:10 PM).
Follow the Fireflies
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by MichaelaTheUchiha:
If I wasn't such a terrible GM, I would gladly take the Sinnoh under my wing. ^^
You could lways enlist a co-GM.
I would gladly GM/co-GM the Unova RP. C:

Although, if we were to have 5 separate RPs with 5 separate GMs, that would either require that one person writes the plot for them all (well, the overall plot/major characters. Each RPs respective GM could come up with all of the other plot and plot twists) or make sure that when they're being made, the GMs constantly check in with each other to make sure the overall plots that lead up to the sequel fit together.
But it could be really, really fun if they were made! Seeing as it was my idea, I could come up with the plots if we went with the first idea (one person making the higher plot for all 5 RPs). :3

@pokemongarnet - Agreed. Can't let that die, now can we? :P
Old December 7th, 2011 (03:33 PM).
You gotta purty mouth!

I could GM Hoenn, I might need a Co-GM though =P
Old December 7th, 2011 (05:21 PM).
★heroes
CS

Nature: Naive
Well, if I was in on that project... I'd so GM Johto ;) tho, now I have the Kanto one it seems :p

BUT. Do you mean like having all 5 regions playing in the same thread? Because that would be too... cluttered, I think. I know Nakuzami's eager to figure out how to do this for real, but don't quite see the point of an RP like that, still. That's maybe just me ^^
Old December 7th, 2011 (06:07 PM).
Follow the Fireflies
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
Well, if I was in on that project... I'd so GM Johto ;) tho, now I have the Kanto one it seems :p

BUT. Do you mean like having all 5 regions playing in the same thread? Because that would be too... cluttered, I think. I know Nakuzami's eager to figure out how to do this for real, but don't quite see the point of an RP like that, still. That's maybe just me ^^
So zetta slow!

We went over the "all five in one thread" thing already. I guess we decided against it, lol. Although, I guess each RP could link to the others.
I'm . . . I just have to find a way to do this.
Gosh, now I'm working on like 10 different RP ideas~ :P
Old December 7th, 2011 (06:07 PM). Edited December 7th, 2011 by Wymsical.
V.S. The Wymsical Champion

Nature: Relaxed
@Nakuzami: I was actually thinking all GMs would get together and sicuss the whole basic plot. Then each of them use that plot and modify it slightly to fit their region.

@Blaziken15: I called Hoenn first. lol. But you could be my Co-GM.

@RHCP: No, I meant in five separate threads, otherwise it would be waaaay to cluttered.

Edit: Oh yeah, BTW, I just came up with the best character ever to play in an RP, but I need a really, REALLY good RP to play it in. This character is gonna possibly gonna be even more fun to play than Frost in Pokemon Odyssey, although I'm sure you know how terribly evil that character is.

Links To Be Added Soon
Old December 7th, 2011 (07:24 PM).
CAT-BUS!

Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:

You could lways enlist a co-GM.
I would gladly GM/co-GM the Unova RP. C:

Although, if we were to have 5 separate RPs with 5 separate GMs, that would either require that one person writes the plot for them all (well, the overall plot/major characters. Each RPs respective GM could come up with all of the other plot and plot twists) or make sure that when they're being made, the GMs constantly check in with each other to make sure the overall plots that lead up to the sequel fit together.
But it could be really, really fun if they were made! Seeing as it was my idea, I could come up with the plots if we went with the first idea (one person making the higher plot for all 5 RPs). :3

@pokemongarnet - Agreed. Can't let that die, now can we? :P
Give the OOC a little bump wouldya ;D. And that idea actually sounds really cool, but I imagine that the spots would have to be somewhat limited for each one because otherwise the sequel would have, like 50 characters.
Old December 8th, 2011 (02:37 AM). Edited December 8th, 2011 by Adventure.
★heroes
CS

Haha, sorry for being so slow xD I still call Johto!
Old December 8th, 2011 (02:57 AM).
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
OH MAH GAWD

I go for a few days and you all cause this insanity in this place :(

HOW CAN I MISS OUT ON ALL THAT INSANITY?!?!?!?!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Anyways, after filtering out all the insanity Wymsical and Nakuzami caused, I came to find out that you guys are planning a Pokemon World takeover featuring 5 different RPs for all 5 regions?

I WANT HOENN KTHNXBAI

Also, about the "unoriginal" thing, lol, I have to say, authors these days come up with EVERYTHING, it's becoming really different to get ideas that haven't already been done already... xD

A comedic RP would be nice, something different from the serious adventure RPs. C: And well, we all did make Goddess of a Remnant rather insane, didn't we? xD
Old December 8th, 2011 (03:28 AM).
You gotta purty mouth!

So, are we actually going to do this? Or are we just planning it all for fun? :/ I actually really want to do this.
Old December 8th, 2011 (04:12 AM).
I Never Asked For This.

I'd be up for GM-ing the Sinnoh one, maybe we could do it together Michaela?

I think one of the main challenged of the multi-threaded parallel roleplays would be keeping the pacing even. We can't have one roleplay ways ahead of the other, especially with plans of a sequel. You'd want all roleplays to finish at the same time so all could freshly jump into the sequel.

In this way chaptered might be useful because it's easier to structure a roleplay as such, though you'd still need to keep tabs of how big the regions are, Unova's a bit bigger than most other regions for example, though you might just do the gym-towns, in which case it'd actually be a bit shorter. And it would also depend on the activity of the roleplayers.

This shall be quite the endeavor. I also think communication will be crucial for such a big project.

Find me on:

Storenvy :: DeviantART :: Tumblr :: Twitter
Old December 8th, 2011 (05:08 AM).
All Men Must Die.

Another idea would be setting all RPs in different time periods? Idk, the story would have to depend on the plot. I have this extremely crazy idea, but I actually doubt it would work. :P Buuuuut I'll post it here anyways :3

So, all RPs are set in different time periods, like one set in the present, one in the 10 years in the future, one set 4 years in the past, something like that. After that, one person can play a single character in different RPs at the same time, in a way making all the RPs act like an extended detailed history for their character. :3 It would be messy though, I'm not sure it would work out either, just throwing this idea out there :D

I'm sure I could work on the Hoenn one with Wymsical/Blaziken15. C: And this could end up being a good collaborative effort of the people of the RP Corner. It would definitely be awesome xD

Wait... this totally reminds me of the TRP project we were about to make a few months ago! :O

@Swan: Unfortunately Chapter RPs here die a bit too early :( While it's an option, it's... definitely risky imo.
Old December 8th, 2011 (07:42 AM).

@DeepImpact: Hmm, yeah, considering I'm already a Co-GM on Odyssey I probably should have like 2 co-GMs on this. Although, I'm not sure about the four years in the past thing. The comedic RP should be made without a doubt, although I wonder how that would work.

@Blaziken15: I think this might actually go underway, although it would be a huge project.

BTW, I also had an idea for an RP. I know a variety of people on PC must be religious, so making a religious RP could be popular. Made by religious people to be enjoyed by religious people. It could be like a journey RP from Bethlehem. Just a thought.

Links To Be Added Soon
Old December 8th, 2011 (07:45 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
If you need a GM for Unova, I'm here... :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old December 8th, 2011 (07:45 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Wow so I go on vacation and everyone starts leaving me out. XD;;

I may be able to co-GM Sinnoh(my first journey RP was Sinnoh-inspired ;p) or Unova, depending on my school schedule next year but I should be able to manage.
Old December 8th, 2011 (08:19 AM).
Maverick Hunting til the end

Nature: Brave
Hello! I was planning to make a Unova rp but seeing as you all have some kind of plan I was wondering if I could help be maybe GM or co-GM Unova or something. I've been wanting to do a Unova based rp for a while now.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 8th, 2011 (09:05 AM).
★heroes
CS

Quote originally posted by HunterZero:
Hello! I was planning to make a Unova rp but seeing as you all have some kind of plan I was wondering if I could help be maybe GM or co-GM Unova or something. I've been wanting to do a Unova based rp for a while now.
Please make it so that even people who haven't played the Unova games can understand where they are going and what place is what and so.... like me :3
Old December 8th, 2011 (09:24 AM).

And me! lol

We got too much GM requests here! If everyone's the GM, who will be the lowly regular players the regular players?!

Links To Be Added Soon
Old December 8th, 2011 (09:26 AM).
All Men Must Die.

Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:

Please make it so that even people who haven't played the Unova games can understand where they are going and what place is what and so.... like me :3
Well, we could provide links, right? :3 I guess that's the best way to provide info to a newbie. xD

Also I see a lot of people are interested in co GMing, huh? I think we may be able to go through with this! :D Pretty excited for this...

so, anybody ready to build a plot? xD
Old December 8th, 2011 (09:37 AM).

I would add a map and make sure everyone knew what was going and where they were and such. One thing I've always wanted to do was add legendaries in somehow seeing as most rps I've been don't really allow legendaries, I know there's a good reason for that I just really like legendaries. Anyway I wouldn't mind discussing/building a plot.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 8th, 2011 (11:25 AM).

Yeah, if we're gonna do this, we should first discuss what genre of RP this will be, and build a plot around that. We could take a vote on it. After that, we need to decide a setting. You people know all this stuff. You're writers, or at least half writers. lolol.

Alright, first we should decide the genre. Personally, I'm up for a good old Adventure RP. Where everything is pretty organized and co-ordinated, kind of unrealistic, but then again, this whole damn site is unrealistic. lol

Links To Be Added Soon
Old December 8th, 2011 (11:37 AM).

A good old adventure rp sounds perfect to me. How would it be organized? A adventure rp sometimes gets hectic and crazy with people all over the place forgetting what the major plot was. I'm sure we'll figure that out though.

Old December 8th, 2011 (12:29 PM).
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
I'm interested! Count me too please! Huh... maybe the plot could have something to do with Arceus *shot* or at least a secret message in the Plates (Flame Plate, Fist Plate) and all those old artifacts you find in the games like Star Pieces.

Old December 8th, 2011 (12:59 PM).
Follow the Fireflies
Crystal Tier

@Blaziken15 - Well, if we're all up to the challenge, which it seems so . . .

Okay, well since I had figured I would make these RPs basically be the prequels to the totally redesigned Lost Islands League RP I made last year, I figured that . . . well, for one, all would take place at the same exact time (So no to you, Samartha(-DeepImpact- for those of you that don't know, lol) :P) and . . . I think Fuyu's idea about the 17 Arceus Plates could work. I The Lost Islands League, I had one island for each type of Pokemon. So . . . the plates could tie into that, and we could basically use the plates to foreshadow/build up to the sequel.

@HunterZero - Well, I was definately going to have legendaries tie into the sequel, though I'm not sure about the prequel. Perhaps they could come and assist the RPers from time to time, but other than that we'd all have to come to some sort of general consensus, lol.

For the who-shall-be-GM ordeal, I guess . . . oh em gee, we should make some sort of application at this rate xD Well, here's what people have offered so far:

Kanto:
Johto: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers,
Hoenn: Blaziken15, -DeepImpact-, Wymsical
Sinnoh: MichaelaTheUchiha, {Swan}, Diamond1304
Unova: Nakuzami, Miss Doronjo, HunterZero

Hm . . . It seems nobody wants Kanto, from what I've read, lol.

It will be a Journey RP (I think I've said that already . . .) and . . . as far as being a Chapter RP, I don't think it should be a complete Chapter RP . . . more like how RHCP's *Foreigners is. Same thing for levels, or something similar, unless we all really want levels. In which case each RPer could start out with one or two Lv ~20 Pokemon or something.
As far as plot . . . I don't have too much, but here's what I started writing in my notebook in school today:
Pokemon: Lost Journeys
In preparation for the Lost Tournament next year, a call has been sent out. This call summoned any and all trainers from around the globe to enter their respective Regions' Pokemon League. This call is meant to separate the strong from the weak, and if you pass the initial exams you may be permitted to start your very own Pokemon Journey, with the assistance from the Inernational Trainers' Association, or ITA. Each trainer will be allowed to bring along one of their Pokemon, but the rest must be captured and trained in the region that they plan to have their adventure in.
Um . . . something like that. I'm not going to write the entire thing right now, since so many people want to co-GM the RPs, they could help come up with something~ :P

Sponsored Links