Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 2nd, 2009 (04:52 AM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

Nature: Quirky
;D Glad to help. You know, I like Arbiter's Grounds better now I have 100 arrow quiver. I didn't really like it before that.
Old January 2nd, 2009 (08:51 AM).
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
LOLfor me it easily the best level as it holds the power of the spinner. I love it and i wish it was used more. Hell i was a lot of things happened in TP. Hell i got a topic!
Last all the flaws in TP or complaints you have.
I wish link had more tunics. Being able to walk in the freezing cold without some kind of yeti tunic is something i wanted and some kind of heat proof tuinic for the mines. Would have made sense as they each could have had their own weaknesses like how the zora tunic is weak to fire and ice.
More exploring. I know big enough but the portals shrinked it a bit. I wanted more areas that were skill based.
Storywise i found it a bit weak. They could have done back story on the mysterious gold wolf dude had link go into contact with more animals and such. Next time they should develop some stuff instead of leave it open.

Otherwise its perfect.
Old January 2nd, 2009 (10:02 AM).
Vanilla Kitsune
Bloody git

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Vanilla Kitsune Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vanilla Kitsune
Cute fanart pictures. I drew lots of Zelda pics, but half of the time, I don't finish them lmao. So.. I'm not gonna post them. XP

The Gold Wolf is her Hero's spirit yeah? Isn't he the OOT Link?
Old January 2nd, 2009 (10:22 AM).
Mitchman

Actually thats a fan made theory never said in game. Maybe mr contacts can ask sigeru if they actuall have an identity for him. Nah kiddin dont worry. Another thing i would have wanted is the allies to actual follow you to said areas and fight with you. I mean the old guy could have been a help say holding back the moblins during the raid and then be a kind of guide in the grounds. Ashel( i think thats the name) could have helped you around the mountain and stay with you and such like due to the cold you need a companion. Russel yeah he is a bit of help he gave you his golden chicken but then again your going to take him to sacred grove? That arogant prick that i cant remember name could have travelled with you to the sky and translate the language of the oocuu. If they actually spoke a different language. And all of them would help you fight in the dungeons and such. But no unfortunately like always link is alone.
Old January 2nd, 2009 (10:24 AM).
Lo-chan
Seme Dara will get you :o

Send a message via AIM to Lo-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lo-chan
You should post your art, Dara! :'D

So I have one more question about Twilight Princess, are the graphics better or is there anything added to the one on Wii? I was told and heard that there was a little difference in the two.

Thank you! :'D

When it ended, you cried instead of make anew
Was there a reason for forgetting everything...?
T o m o r r o w descends from the sky like a feather,
waking you up like an agonizing i l l u s i o n

Dara and I have the best inside jokes ever, this banner RULES.

Curaims Eru Jay Maispace Seme Theme

I love you Dara. <3

♥8.11.07♥
Old January 2nd, 2009 (10:35 AM).
Mitchman

Dunno but i think both are the same. I mean for me i have the wii version and well i can see the layers of colors they dont blend in the sky. It might be because i dont have the right settings or because i have such a scratched disc. One or the other. Maybe not maybe the graphics of the sky just suck XS
Old January 2nd, 2009 (12:01 PM).
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
The Wii version can display in 16:9 widescreen. If you have a launch GameCube (so, the first ones manufactured) then you have a component port on the back of your console and should be able to find component cables for the GameCube somewhere. Using component cables allows you to output your game in 480p, which will make everything look better - sharper, better colour, etc. If you GameCube is newer, then you're out of luck - it lacks the component port. All Wiis can display 480p when a component cable is attached.
Old January 2nd, 2009 (12:05 PM).
Mitchman

So then TRI89 question. I got me a nice flat screen widescreen 42 incher. All the wii settings and tv settings are correct. Do i have to use the 480p so i can see it in sparkling almost HD settings or is there someway that i can get rid of seeing the layering on TP or on any wii game.
Old January 2nd, 2009 (04:57 PM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

... Have you tried pushing the cables right in? They might be kinda loose. You can also buy those AV Cables, I think they make the sound and sight better.

Everything for my Wii is just fine. It's hooked up to a LCD 40 inch.
Old January 2nd, 2009 (09:22 PM).
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Mitchman Is:
So then TRI89 question. I got me a nice flat screen widescreen 42 incher. All the wii settings and tv settings are correct. Do i have to use the 480p so i can see it in sparkling almost HD settings or is there someway that i can get rid of seeing the layering on TP or on any wii game.
Well..... high definition resolutions are 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. 480i is a standard definition resolution. And 480p is an enhanced definition resolution.

Even if set to 480i, the component cables will make a difference. The Wii will detect the cable and output the video signal using YPbPr - basically means that what you see was actually sent out as multiple signals (being luminance and chrominance) and then combined at the end rather than being sent out combined and messy to begin with like composite does. Colour will look better and the picture will be sharper.

It will look better and if your TV does a great job at upconversion/upscaling, then it will look great - but nowhere near HD quality.
Old January 3rd, 2009 (01:08 AM).
Mitchman

Aha im confused. So i used the regular red yellow red with it and have it set at 480p. Now if i were to set it to 480i and at 60mhz would it look better? Or do i go get the 5 cable thing they have and leave it at 480p? Ok look my setting are:
480p
60Mhz
Red/yellow/white component cable. i need to know what i can do to these setting to get the best out of them for Twilight Princess.
Old January 3rd, 2009 (05:32 AM).
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Mitchman Is:
Aha im confused. So i used the regular red yellow red with it and have it set at 480p. Now if i were to set it to 480i and at 60mhz would it look better? Or do i go get the 5 cable thing they have and leave it at 480p? Ok look my setting are:
480p
60Mhz
Red/yellow/white component cable. i need to know what i can do to these setting to get the best out of them for Twilight Princess.
Uh-uh. Nope. Red/White/Yellow is Composite. Red/White/Blue/Green/Orange is Component. Both use RCA cables, but the way a signal is transferred is different. The Red and White on both of them is simply stereo sound (unless your audio system can decode the Wii's Pro Logic II audio, in which case you'll get surround out of it).

With composite, the entire signal is squished in that yellow cable. With component it is split up over the blue, green, and orange cables and united at the end of its journey in the TV XD. A composite cable cannot carry a progressive signal (480p). So, even if your Wii is set to 480p, you're not accomplishing anything. You're just asking for the impossible.

To get 480p to work you need the component cables. Even 480i will look better with component cables. I keep mine set to 480p.

And.....I don't think you can change your refresh rate on the Wii O_o
Old January 3rd, 2009 (05:49 AM).
Mitchman

The refresh rate you are talking about is the 60mhz right? Cause you could with 50 and 60 and i think a 3rd one only for component cables. Aha thanks for answering. They do have official component cables right?
Old January 3rd, 2009 (08:42 AM).
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness
Community Supporter

Forget about the frame rate. There aren't settings to alter that in your Wii.

All you have to do is:

- Buy official Nintendo Wii component cables
- plug them into you Wii
- set your Wii to 480p
- set your Wii to widescreen
- if you have a surround speaker system, set your Wii to surround sound
- if your TV has a "game mode", enable it.
Old January 3rd, 2009 (01:27 PM).
Mitchman

If there isnt why do i have an option menu in the settings for the frame rate? Am i lucky enough to have some kind of debug version? I have done everything ou said except the component cable. And thats about it.
Old January 3rd, 2009 (02:04 PM).
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness
Community Supporter

Uhhh..... maybe? XD

Where do you live? Do you have a European model? You can't change the frame rate on North American models. Some of the resolution numbers I gave you may be different then. I'm not too familiar with PAL. It may say 576 instead of 480 for you.

Anyway, 50Hz is slower (more blur on a moving object) than 60Hz, but is somewhat clearer on still images. 60Hz is faster (less blur on moving objects), but is somewhat blurrier on still images.

I think the majority of Wii games support 60Hz (except for Virtual Console titles as those are old games and when they were first released everything was 50Hz). So...in general, I would leave it at 60Hz. It may depend on the game. If something doesn't look right, then switch it.
Old January 3rd, 2009 (02:17 PM).
Mitchman

Yep yep i have the european pal version so that must be it. Aha yeah no wonder the 560p is most likely for component cables. So i might have everyting correct and its just how the wii is for my TV. Oh well.
Old January 3rd, 2009 (08:59 PM).
Vanilla Kitsune
Bloody git

Send a message via AIM to Vanilla Kitsune Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vanilla Kitsune
Ugh. I'm so lost with what you guys are talking about. D:

I'm so annoyed. I wanna be me some Zelda manga, but I only have 60.00 on my credit card thing. Should I buy Kamigami no Triforce? I already own the Adult and Child Saga of OOT and Majora's Mask.
Old January 4th, 2009 (02:09 AM).
Mitchman

Sure go for it. But if you really want to save money go to mangafox. They have every manga translated and ready and complete. So save your money and go read scans with translations. Otherwise if your a collection freak waste your money.
Old January 4th, 2009 (09:17 AM).
Vanilla Kitsune
Bloody git

It's not wasting money. ;x I can read Japanese, so its not like I'm completely oblivious to what they are saying. One Manga has the scanlations too.

Lmao. It's just frustrating cause I don't know if I should get Kamagami no Triforce or like, Four Swords. (Ha. Oracle manga and Four Swords come out this summer in America!)
Old January 4th, 2009 (09:26 AM).
Lo-chan
Seme Dara will get you :o

Send a message via AIM to Lo-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lo-chan
It's not a waste of money. If you buy it in Japanese and you're studying the language, then it's not a waste at all. It actually helps believe it or not. And you don't have to be a collection freak to have them. Their nice to have. It's always nice to actually own it so you can read it wherever you'd like.

Kitsu Kitsu, I think you should go with Kamigami no Triforce. It's an older one, right? So I say go for that one.

When it ended, you cried instead of make anew
Was there a reason for forgetting everything...?
T o m o r r o w descends from the sky like a feather,
waking you up like an agonizing i l l u s i o n

Dara and I have the best inside jokes ever, this banner RULES.

Curaims Eru Jay Maispace Seme Theme

I love you Dara. <3

♥8.11.07♥
Old January 4th, 2009 (10:46 AM).
Mitchman

OK OK im sorry if upsetting anyone had happened i just see it a waste even if i knew the language. Im too spoiled by the internet or such things so meh go for it if you really want to.
Old January 4th, 2009 (02:18 PM).
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness
Community Supporter

I'd go with A Link to the Past if Four Swords is coming here soon.
Old January 4th, 2009 (08:40 PM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

Link to the Past is one of my favourite mangas. ~

Minish Cap is my favourite one, though.
Old January 5th, 2009 (01:00 AM).
Mitchman

Sorry if i sound snobbish or anything rude but if you go into detail of the mangas can you do it in spoilers? I really want to read em myself and findout what happens.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links