The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #4626    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:55 AM
hashtag's Avatar
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 19
Gender: Male

Advertise here
You need to put '#include stditems.rbh' before the '#dynamic 0x<offset>'.
__________________
"i am the hero pokécommunity deserves, but not the one it needs right now"

paired with christos
  #4627    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:01 AM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
You need to put '#include stditems.rbh' before the '#dynamic 0x<offset>'.
But he didn't use any macros that are included in "stditems.rbh". :\

Klaww, I compiled the script and it worked fine. Maybe you should copy the script into a new XSE window and try compiling it again.
__________________

Brother of Vrai
  #4628    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
hashtag's Avatar
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
But he didn't use any macros that are included in "stditems.rbh". :\

Klaww, I compiled the script and it worked fine. Maybe you should copy the script into a new XSE window and try compiling it again.
Oh yeah. :(

Anyway, have you deleted your 'std' file? Because that includes the MSG_OBTAIN thing and if you have then that explains things.
__________________
"i am the hero pokécommunity deserves, but not the one it needs right now"

paired with christos
  #4629    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:27 AM
Nightcrow's Avatar
Nightcrow
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Nightcrow
Hai

Second try for this question:

How can you find flag and variable offsets that aren't used yet? The offsets from free space finder can't be used for these, and i don't want to end up using a flag/variable that is being used by the game somewhere... I'm putting a lot of time in this hack, so i don't want to end up with a broken rom cos i've altered wrong values.

Does anybody know? Or is there a tool available that finds unused values for these?
  #4630    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Klaww The Clown's Avatar
Klaww The Clown
One With A Face
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where Canadian people come from
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
But he didn't use any macros that are included in "stditems.rbh". :\

Klaww, I compiled the script and it worked fine. Maybe you should copy the script into a new XSE window and try compiling it again.
I just tried this, and it still gives me the same error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post


Oh yeah.

Anyway, have you deleted your 'std' file? Because that includes the MSG_OBTAIN thing and if you have then that explains things.
I'm assuming you mean the "std.rbh" file inside the main XSE folder?

That's there. Although, if I open it, it looks like this, is that normal?
Spoiler:
Éú¡8ƒ±¤åÇcãS¤¯]ñY¤!
þ4èùd]5šåA<I¡ptÃÃÃ'!Dl$ ŠqVQnñD’_:¦ÂòºM—Œ´@;p°°ñ®è4i6À´‡5ÇF‘OíåQ~eó-:z[0®m=ÕÙeÚ\²'”`Ï’ž¤Gæ2pÔ{äAÀDš ㇂ðЭãõì­ªDTRJ½-<MLG±%¡á Ré·/:žyç×!aq0ŸZe†P³ÑI=(kÙ@h·¬{ÿûÂãegT 4t¥¬ú™a†n™ŸLÌ0ÕBä2©E„›QÞA8btcJŠéþǝm¶”æë$n“&è¤NlЁæ1æ(Õ•Wþ$؇&aïåNÔ ê%ŒE © ð™m;/X`‘Vm*eQ¹¶åÊ•çãPÃêò1˜Ë¡nv†8æ¿îüV*ܨ"Ϫŀ©ŠÐú¦AeÔhh0N'
€”àI„‹F<hHÚç˜.ÊD+%|Ó
ƒaøœ,hzKÛ²î89‡fÒ¸„㪀èè„‹*[§‘,ìô¤±U)Çoó%£²³ý”™)¬2Ð=NVÒ:Œ@ýqi`´Õtºo¦Ø­ËR VÓXJõS LŠ¶,×ÚeM$1wõ0¢Ïìe¡U¹jäZPåËb §Þnu\"lœ&‹ŠGáüB.“/¤e“!èI©Ó^x‘ê'^±‹Afíϝ/[ «Ze­q…¨¨w®ï‡†H8vE@{0" 0«º:L<u45=~0ìuèÄ~ÚæåTÆQÂÑÍY•«D†ˆ…Ö6wØOè/ДE mðˆ­ñ@5ü‹Ë\vUJìeTôg4Ä´ÉÁÓ: ô´¤®úð<O.Fxz>ˆ-‘nù4ÀþM¯gÉpCd¶Zˆî„è쀍(LŠ$ÂÄŠY˜”©iÅßo7yËýÎrÃüenZ {1õq»Ùö j.2…ªòܤœÃÉW—1éɪœP) Û‹ rJ
,ƒf§&lÔµ¨³ŽÈ¢nîÿj²$àC/€,þÈ âhW þ´­G$Ʋè–:=ÕŽi8¥‰
CŠ%
À¶¶9…T¸¸<F…ˆ%y9Iâsj¼‘G2'q›ôáY„Ç#aÀ-¡0”š
“ ¸I¤ê¡2N¡ftYÂîB…´ÊUÏ
Lìâny‡È'mëÿûÀååiS ĤMra†n¹“F¤Ü‚ì³é ‡¥¸&ÙOILÚ\‰HœÐ^ÓŸ”íŸh³;­âg1ªš3§ç´báLI8(C¨™’”„öì’ê2ÖGªü.)”˜‹PËYTem–3é´z»x¿|ÂÃñÞAŸ§Eٍ*»:!#Û•JT„eÛiÈÌ°ÞêG'O؍µz":b+*‰n…) ¤úe˶‰Yµ6×›JÙH¬Å´O4&\¤Õ«k^z¡!¶þ¡œb‘2!Z}’9¢]DIŠGZ)¢í¡€á2)ÀDpN›ˆÕÁÈi)HÄüÔêÐ!Rt'N(äåz»ÒçÔßU R áÆ1JöP#’v#\5-¼ШRW†ÓM±¥v=Ï6î~zW*å’säÔFz?w’‡ŽÇÃТDI©Ì*Ë£·cG*ÃâíÍËn¼ËuDZÙAÍ9åŽÀÆ+û¬³X ˜·8VæÆ=šd-8á9'à f_Æ;m]ÔLR,={TJÔæó\24^×74Íô©Ò­…Jˆ½„wÙ¯g— Ë€‘£Åà:K%¤.¬kìõƒKäé÷3RœÍc…
ˆڐ
b±DÀàº.ãpÒU6.À3ŽG@ò<Ö¼ñšŸ=|Ë[(´úÓ•(N¿ºÑSÓ&©˜Reb)ÁÇ$Åjhgv»B-G[ŽŠÅªÏ‰9š b{CŸÎÄ>ELå¤Å•ySÿ×s|½Fw—Ä^måæeÙZÅ_@hó{ë
‰¡ˆ¸sè]Ëå8Ûö[3uRéÇn1'Q‰ÔÙw!ø!÷Š¶Wݦ [ÚÔöÖ€»8ž®ã Æ#lÑ—3·‚P¬æ-¸£œnï«L?.L!£ž,
³ÅÃæH((M’Î>ÉɐUq’|='¤lÍ3ëšç—)s¦†‹^PÙó7dôB â cšÅiÅY«yÿûÂääðgR ìDäœ+ÚA=†ÄWýB °Ü‚û³¨A†hOPf *Oìkbó[£î")ýÿ’_A‘“Ã?ÌÏ=Žó›=]„0¤ðº\Hh]"È© EàIUQ—(ÀèƌЕô®ì]·»4©vÍßùJr»p‡í8v“[lPÄ3ªx
zµæFîÈŸ¦e,WŽ+Òþ.s 1¦º×lZš®„®`j¼š[³RT©ðH½òQɼ‚…ÅœZqi'Þ­”ָ͔V8嵈e†`)Z\¡R“ê¯ ¬T‰|+ «Ôœæ?m~É£»¿joÑý¿ý–œÔrÎJSž‹zvJÔ”
0Á<è¨e-‘éoÞ.€ .y"P°\$õ. ”úC¬»³‚•Å¦$
m¼‘jÚµg7P¥V š°A8>c$Ç"¥\è` ›Ÿ½ƒuN,Y˜‡u§míÚaÄ;ýõÍî¤+[ŽvÍ«*iå±Çë¬}”ˆCç^Ý4Í&yÚÓ2±ïsìĸ¬oõŒ2ï.Pbý4É”fs Έ´!ö¿Yû£ªÜâm_Ü @ >3Kaœ,a àòEKë;dš$]í Ó.Ñü5!ŽÆNÒTq`¢<!˜Ä‘¨ðI0dèK” .!ˆcúôÌE/œÞUìŒñd¡/†ïÍ>¬Rì·S´ô%äÅÜÂøš®'e"Bc‰Òrgž›!-šVycí(ˆf¨!Ú#ÓܱŸ=={n@ „9ê ʁd€d


I know I opened the stditems file, to check what OAK'S PARCEL's hex thing was, but I didn't change anything, so that's not it... I think.
  #4631    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:31 AM
hashtag's Avatar
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaww The Clown View Post
I just tried this, and it still gives me the same error.

I'm assuming you mean the "std.rbh" file inside the main XSE folder?

That's there. Although, if I open it, it looks like this, is that normal?
Spoiler:
Éú¡8ƒ±¤åÇcãS¤¯]ñY¤!
þ4èùd]5šåA<I¡ptÃÃÃ'!Dl$ ŠqVQnñD’_:¦ÂòºM—Œ´@;p°°ñ®è4i6À´‡5ÇF‘OíåQ~eó-:z[0®m=ÕÙeÚ\²'”`ϒž¤Gæ2pÔ{äAÀDšã‡‚ðЭãõì­ªDTRJ½-<MLG±%¡á Ré·/:žyç×!aq0ŸZe†P³ÑI=(kÙ@h·¬{ÿûÂãegT4t¥¬ú™a†n™ŸLÌ0ÕBä2©E„›QÞA8btcJŠéþǝm¶”æë$n“&è¤NlЁæ1æ(Õ•Wþ$؇&aïåNÔ ê%ŒE © ð™m;/X`‘Vm*eQ¹¶åÊ•çãPÃêò1˜Ë¡nv†8æ¿îüV*ܨ"Ϫŀ©ŠÐú¦AeÔhh0N'
€”àI„‹F<hHÚç˜.ÊD+%|Ó
ƒaøœ,hzKÛ²î89‡fÒ¸„㪀èè„‹*[§‘,ìô¤±U)Çoó%£²³ý”™)¬2Ð=NVÒ:Œ@ýqi`´Õtºo¦Ø­ËR VÓXJõSLŠ¶,×ÚeM$1wõ0¢Ïìe¡U¹jäZPåËb §Þnu\"lœ&‹ŠGáüB.“/¤e“!èI©Ó^x‘ê'^±‹Afíϝ/[«Ze­q…¨¨w®ï‡†H8vE@{0"0«º:L<u45=~0ìuèÄ~ÚæåTÆQÂÑÍY•«D†ˆ…Ö6wØOè/ДE mðˆ­ñ@5ü‹Ë\vUJìeTôg4Ä´ÉÁÓ: ô´¤®úð<O.Fxz>ˆ-‘nù4ÀþM¯gÉpCd¶Zˆî„è쀍(LŠ$ÂÄŠY˜”©iÅßo7yËýÎrÃüenZ{1õq»Ùö j.2…ªòܤœÃÉW—1éɪœP) Û‹ rJ
,ƒf§&lÔµ¨³ŽÈ¢nîÿj²$àC/€,þÈ âhW þ´­G$Ʋè–:=ÕŽi8¥‰
CŠ%
À¶¶9…T¸¸<F…ˆ%y9Iâsj¼‘G2'q›ôáY„Ç#aÀ-¡0”š
“ ¸I¤ê¡2N¡ftYÂîB…´ÊUÏ
Lìâny‡È'mëÿûÀååiSĤMra†n¹“F¤Ü‚ì³é ‡¥¸&ÙOILÚ\‰HœÐ^ÓŸ”íŸh³;­âg1ªš3§ç´báLI8(C¨™’”„öì’ê2ÖGªü.)”˜‹PËYTem–3é´z»x¿|ÂÃñÞAŸ§Eٍ*»:!#Û•JT„eÛiÈÌ°ÞêG'O؍µz":b+*‰n…) ¤úe˶‰Yµ6×›JÙH¬Å´O4&\¤Õ«k^z¡!¶þ¡œb‘2!Z}’9¢]DIŠGZ)¢í¡€á2)ÀDpN›ˆÕÁÈi)HÄüÔêÐ!Rt'N(äåz»ÒçÔßU RáÆ1JöP#’v#\5-¼ШRW†ÓM±¥v=Ï6î~zW*å’säÔFz?w’‡ŽÇÃТDI©Ì*Ë£·cG*ÃâíÍËn¼ËuDZÙAÍ9åŽÀÆ+û¬³X˜·8VæÆ=šd-8á9'Ãf_Æ;m]ÔLR,={TJÔæó\24^×74Íô©Ò­…Jˆ½„wÙ¯g— Ë€‘£Åà:K%¤.¬kìõƒKäé÷3RœÍc…
ˆÚ
b±DÀàº.ãpÒU6.À3ŽG@ò<Ö¼ñšŸ=|Ë[(´úÓ•(N¿ºÑSÓ&©˜Reb)ÁÇ$Åjhgv»B-G[ŽŠÅªÏ‰9šb{CŸÎÄ>ELå¤Å•ySÿ×s|½Fw—Ä^måæeÙZÅ_@hó{ë
‰¡ˆ¸sè]Ëå8Ûö[3uRéÇn1'Q‰ÔÙw!ø!÷Š¶Wݦ [ÚÔöÖ€»8ž®ã Æ#lÑ—3·‚P¬æ-¸£œnï«L?.L!£ž,
³ÅÃæH((M’Î>ÉɐUq’|='¤lÍ3ëšç—)s¦†‹^PÙó7dôB âcšÅiÅY«yÿûÂääðgR ìDäœ+ÚA=†ÄWýB°Ü‚û³¨A†hOPf*Oìkbó[£î")ýÿ’_A‘“Ã?ÌÏ=Žó›=]„0¤ðº\Hh]"È© EàIUQ—(ÀèƌЕô®ì]·»4©vÍßùJr»p‡í8v“[lPÄ3ªx
zµæFîÈŸ¦e,WŽ+Òþ.s1¦º×lZš®„®`j¼š[³RT©ðH½òQɼ‚…ÅœZqi'ޭ”ָ͔V8嵈e†`)Z\¡R“ê¯ ¬T‰|+ «Ôœæ?m~É£»¿joÑý¿ý–œÔrÎJSž‹zvJÔ”
0Á<è¨e-‘éoÞ.€ .y"P°\$õ.”úC¬»³‚•Å¦$
m¼‘jÚµg7P¥V š°A8>c$Ç"¥\è` ›Ÿ½ƒuN,Y˜‡u§míÚaÄ;ýõÍî¤+[ŽvÍ«*iå±Çë¬}”ˆCç^Ý4Í&yÚÓ2±ïsìĸ¬oõŒ2ï.Pbý4É”fs Έ´!ö¿Yû£ªÜâm_Ü @ >3Kaœ,a àòEKë;dš$]íÓ.Ñü5!ŽÆNÒTq`¢<!˜Ä‘¨ðI0dèK” .!ˆcúôÌE/œÞUìŒñd¡/†ïÍ>¬Rì·S´ô%äÅÜÂøš®'e"Bc‰Òrgž›!-šVycí(ˆf¨!Ú#ÓܱŸ=={n@ „9êʁd€d


I know I opened the stditems file, to check what OAK'S PARCEL's hex thing was, but I didn't change anything, so that's not it... I think.
That's not normal, no. Try replacing that with this:
Spoiler:
#define LASTRESULT 0x800D
#define LASTTALKED 0x800F

#define PLAYERFACING 0x800C
#define FACE_DOWN 0x1
#define FACE_UP 0x2
#define FACE_LEFT 0x3
#define FACE_RIGHT 0x4

#define MSG_OBTAIN 0x0
#define MSG_FIND 0x1
#define MSG_FACE 0x2
#define MSG_SIGN 0x3
#define MSG_KEEPOPEN 0x4
#define MSG_YESNO 0x5
#define MSG_NORMAL 0x6
#define MSG_POKENAV 0xA

#define MOVE_PLAYER 0xFF
#define MOVE_CAMERA 0x7F

#define B_FALSE 0x0
#define B_TRUE 0x1
#define B_NO 0x0
#define B_YES 0x1
#define B_BOY 0x0
#define B_GIRL 0x1

#define B_< 0x0
#define B_<< 0x0
#define B_= 0x1
#define B_== 0x1
#define B_> 0x2
#define B_>> 0x2
#define B_<= 0x3
#define B_>= 0x4
#define B_!= 0x5
#define B_<> 0x5

#define SP_HEALPKMN 0x0
#define SP_CHOOSEPKMN 0x9C
#define SP_CATCHPKMN 0x9D
#define SP_FRNATIONAL 0x16F
#define SP_EMNATIONAL 0x1F3

#define RS_PKMNMENU 0x800
#define RS_POKEDEX 0x801
#define RS_POKENAV 0x802
#define RS_RUNNINGSHOES 0x860

#define RS_BADGE1 0x807
#define RS_BADGE2 0x808
#define RS_BADGE3 0x809
#define RS_BADGE4 0x80A
#define RS_BADGE5 0x80B
#define RS_BADGE6 0x80C
#define RS_BADGE7 0x80D
#define RS_BADGE8 0x80E

#define EM_PKMNMENU 0x860
#define EM_POKEDEX 0x861
#define EM_POKENAV 0x862
#define EM_RUNNINGSHOES 0x8C0

#define EM_BADGE1 0x867
#define EM_BADGE2 0x868
#define EM_BADGE3 0x869
#define EM_BADGE4 0x86A
#define EM_BADGE5 0x86B
#define EM_BADGE6 0x86C
#define EM_BADGE7 0x86D
#define EM_BADGE8 0x86E

#define FR_PKMNMENU 0x828
#define FR_POKEDEX 0x829
#define FR_RUNNINGSHOES 0x82F

#define FR_BADGE1 0x820
#define FR_BADGE2 0x821
#define FR_BADGE3 0x822
#define FR_BADGE4 0x823
#define FR_BADGE5 0x824
#define FR_BADGE6 0x825
#define FR_BADGE7 0x826
#define FR_BADGE8 0x827
__________________
"i am the hero pokécommunity deserves, but not the one it needs right now"

paired with christos
  #4632    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:50 AM
Kevin's Avatar
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrow View Post
Hai

Second try for this question:

How can you find flag and variable offsets that aren't used yet? The offsets from free space finder can't be used for these, and i don't want to end up using a flag/variable that is being used by the game somewhere... I'm putting a lot of time in this hack, so i don't want to end up with a broken rom cos i've altered wrong values.

Does anybody know? Or is there a tool available that finds unused values for these?
Usually flags 1000-2000 are not used.
And variables? I dunno, I think it was 7000+? =P But I'm sure that 1000-2000 flags aren't used.
__________________
  #4633    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 11:05 AM
Klaww The Clown's Avatar
Klaww The Clown
One With A Face
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where Canadian people come from
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Okay, thanks, now it compiles. :D

But, uhh...

I think there's something else wrong with my script, either that, or I've forgotten how to compile it properly.

I searched FSF for a (most likely massively large) 30,000 byte offset. (71AB8E)

I then replaced the offset in my code with it, just to make sure I had enough, because I have no idea how to tell exactly how much I need.

Anyway, then I click compile, and copy the offset "start".

I paste it as the MOM character's offset, (So that it says $71AB8F) save the changes to the ROM in A-Map.

I open the ROM to test, and when I talk to MOM, she looks at me, but says nothing. Then, when I press A again, she does nothing, then repeats the cycle.

It's probably something wrong with my script, maybe if someone's not too busy, could they please try my script out on the MOM character?

Sorry for pretty much hijacking this page... I think...

Also, @Nightcrow:

I'm not exactly sure, since I'm kinda new at this and all, but I'm pretty sure there was a list of flags used in the games in Diegoisawesome's tutorial... Or you could just follow the post right above me.

YOU NEED AT LEAST 15 POSTS TO POST A LINK TO ANOTHER SITE.
Wait, wha? It's the same site...
  #4634    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 11:23 AM
Nightcrow's Avatar
Nightcrow
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Nightcrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Demon View Post
Usually flags 1000-2000 are not used.
And variables? I dunno, I think it was 7000+? =P But I'm sure that 1000-2000 flags aren't used.
Thanks a lot I really needed this
  #4635    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 11:35 AM
Klaww The Clown's Avatar
Klaww The Clown
One With A Face
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where Canadian people come from
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
I noticed that in your post, you mentioned two different addresses: '0x71A8BE' and '0x71A8BF'. You need to copy whatever address is displayed in the box that pops up when you press compile into the box in AdvanceMap. If there's any difference between the two, you will most likely run into problems.
Yeah, I guess I'm having trouble compiling it...

I never really understand it when people explain it...

I take the offset from FSF, and paste it in the script at "#dynamic @start 0x######", then when I click compile, which brings up the window with a bunch of offsets in it.

Which one do I copy? In the bottom box, there's a start offset, which is one digit different, or is it one of the ones that appear in the main window?

I tried again, with the start offset as 0x71B17C, and I pressed compile, and this is what it says in the window...

Spoiler:
1 - DYNAMIC
> lDynamicStart = 0x71B17C
3 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B17D
4 - (6A) - LOCK
5 - (5A) - FACEPLAYER
6 - (2B) - CHECKFLAG
> iWord = 0x100
7 - (??) IF (native)
> bCondition = 0x1
This is a jumping IF, 0x06.
> pTarget = 0x871B191
8 - (0F) MSGBOX (native)
> pText = 0x871B1ED
9 - (6C) - RELEASE
10 - (02) - END
12 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B191
13 - (2B) - CHECKFLAG
> iWord = 0x101
14 - (??) IF (native)
> bCondition = 0x1
This is a jumping IF, 0x06.
> pTarget = 0x871B1B2
15 - (0F) MSGBOX (native)
> pText = 0x871B241
16 - (--) GIVEITEM
> iItem = 0x15D
> iQuantity = 0x1
> bType = 0x0
17 - (29) - SETFLAG
> iWord = 0x101
18 - (6C) - RELEASE
19 - (02) - END
21 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B1B2
22 - (2B) - CHECKFLAG
> iWord = 0x102
23 - (??) IF (native)
> bCondition = 0x1
This is a jumping IF, 0x06.
> pTarget = 0x871B1C4
24 - (0F) MSGBOX (native)
> pText = 0x871B355
25 - (6C) - RELEASE
26 - (02) - END
28 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B1C4
29 - (2B) - CHECKFLAG
> iWord = 0x103
30 - (??) IF (native)
> bCondition = 0x1
This is a jumping IF, 0x06.
> pTarget = 0x871B1E4
31 - (0F) MSGBOX (native)
> pText = 0x871B3A0
32 - (31) - FANFARE
> iWord = 0x13E
33 - (0F) MSGBOX (native)
> pText = 0x871B44D
34 - (32) - WAITFANFARE
35 - (68) - CLOSEONKEYPRESS
36 - (29) - SETFLAG
> iWord = 0x82F
37 - (6C) - RELEASE
38 - (02) - END
40 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B1E4
41 - (0F) MSGBOX (native)
> pText = 0x871B407
42 - (6C) - RELEASE
43 - (02) - END
45 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B1ED
46 - RAW TEXT
> sText = "Hey, [PLAYER], [RIVAL] wanted to\nsee you!\lHe said he had something to give\lyou."
48 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B241
49 - RAW TEXT
> sText = "Oh, hi [PLAYER]!\pAww! A POK\h1BMON!\pI guess this means you want to run\noff, and take the POK\h1BMON LEAGUE\lchallenge...\p...\p...\p...Alright. I'll allow you to go, but\nonly if you go give this PARCEL to\lmy friend. She lives in the next\ltown over.\pI'll see you soon!"
51 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B355
52 - RAW TEXT
> sText = "My friend MRS. RAZ lives in the\nhouse beside the STRYKE POK\h1bMON\lLAB."
54 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B3A0
55 - RAW TEXT
> sText = "Thank you!\pFine, you may try the POK\h1bMON\nLEAGUE challenge...\pBut I think you should have these."
57 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B407
58 - RAW TEXT
> sText = "Sorry, there's not really much I\ncan do to help you, but good luck!"
60 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B44D
61 - RAW TEXT
> sText = "[black_fr] You received RUNNING SHOES!"
-------------------------------
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 1
> sLabel = @1
> lOffset = 0x71B1ED
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 2
> sLabel = @2
> lOffset = 0x71B241
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 3
> sLabel = @3
> lOffset = 0x71B355
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 4
> sLabel = @4
> lOffset = 0x71B3A0
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 5
> sLabel = @5
> lOffset = 0x71B407
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 6
> sLabel = @6
> lOffset = 0x71B44D
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 7
> sLabel = @goaway
> lOffset = 0x71B1B2
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 8
> sLabel = @goodluck
> lOffset = 0x71B1E4
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 9
> sLabel = @hey
> lOffset = 0x71B191
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 10
> sLabel = @kthxbai
> lOffset = 0x71B1C4
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 11
> sLabel = @start
> lOffset = 0x71B17D


Again, sorry for my stupidity when it comes to this. :p
  #4636    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:43 PM
Nightcrow's Avatar
Nightcrow
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Nightcrow
Hi again,

Sorry to bother you all with yet another question... I must seem such a noob :D

How do you make a moved character retain his spot when you make the screen reload? I have a welcomecharacter blocking you way downstairs from your room. He gives you some small info about the rom and then he steps out of your way. Now when i go downstairs and upstairs again, my sprite is located on top of the other sprite(cos it is blocking the stairs again). And when i step into the room i'm trapped because the welcome text happens only once(flagged).

So is there a command to keep a sprite at his new spot when the screen is reloaded?
  #4637    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Chad -'s Avatar
Chad -
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrow View Post
Hi again,

Sorry to bother you all with yet another question... I must seem such a noob :D

How do you make a moved character retain his spot when you make the screen reload? I have a welcome character blocking you way downstairs from your room. He gives you some small info about the rom and then he steps out of your way. Now when i go downstairs and upstairs again, my sprite is located on top of the other sprite(cos it is blocking the stairs again). And when i step into the room i'm trapped because the welcome text happens only once(flagged).

So is there a command to keep a sprite at his new spot when the screen is reloaded?
It's been a while since I scripted, but I think the command you're looking for is movesprite2. It moves the specified NPC to a certain location, and permanently make him stay there.

If you don't want him to block your way again, as in be removed completely from the map, you need to make him disappear using flags/variables and movement commands.

I might be wrong there, so please someone answer his question properly if I am not right. I forgot most XSE scripting commands after many, many C++ lessons.
  #4638    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:16 PM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaww The Clown View Post
Yeah, I guess I'm having trouble compiling it...

I never really understand it when people explain it...

I take the offset from FSF, and paste it in the script at "#dynamic @start 0x######", then when I click compile, which brings up the window with a bunch of offsets in it.

Which one do I copy? In the bottom box, there's a start offset, which is one digit different, or is it one of the ones that appear in the main window?

I tried again, with the start offset as 0x71B17C, and I pressed compile, and this is what it says in the window...

Spoiler:
1 - DYNAMIC
> lDynamicStart = 0x71B17C
3 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B17D
4 - (6A) - LOCK
5 - (5A) - FACEPLAYER
6 - (2B) - CHECKFLAG
> iWord = 0x100
7 - (??) IF (native)
> bCondition = 0x1
This is a jumping IF, 0x06.
> pTarget = 0x871B191
8 - (0F) MSGBOX (native)
> pText = 0x871B1ED
9 - (6C) - RELEASE
10 - (02) - END
12 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B191
13 - (2B) - CHECKFLAG
> iWord = 0x101
14 - (??) IF (native)
> bCondition = 0x1
This is a jumping IF, 0x06.
> pTarget = 0x871B1B2
15 - (0F) MSGBOX (native)
> pText = 0x871B241
16 - (--) GIVEITEM
> iItem = 0x15D
> iQuantity = 0x1
> bType = 0x0
17 - (29) - SETFLAG
> iWord = 0x101
18 - (6C) - RELEASE
19 - (02) - END
21 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B1B2
22 - (2B) - CHECKFLAG
> iWord = 0x102
23 - (??) IF (native)
> bCondition = 0x1
This is a jumping IF, 0x06.
> pTarget = 0x871B1C4
24 - (0F) MSGBOX (native)
> pText = 0x871B355
25 - (6C) - RELEASE
26 - (02) - END
28 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B1C4
29 - (2B) - CHECKFLAG
> iWord = 0x103
30 - (??) IF (native)
> bCondition = 0x1
This is a jumping IF, 0x06.
> pTarget = 0x871B1E4
31 - (0F) MSGBOX (native)
> pText = 0x871B3A0
32 - (31) - FANFARE
> iWord = 0x13E
33 - (0F) MSGBOX (native)
> pText = 0x871B44D
34 - (32) - WAITFANFARE
35 - (68) - CLOSEONKEYPRESS
36 - (29) - SETFLAG
> iWord = 0x82F
37 - (6C) - RELEASE
38 - (02) - END
40 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B1E4
41 - (0F) MSGBOX (native)
> pText = 0x871B407
42 - (6C) - RELEASE
43 - (02) - END
45 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B1ED
46 - RAW TEXT
> sText = "Hey, [PLAYER], [RIVAL] wanted to\nsee you!\lHe said he had something to give\lyou."
48 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B241
49 - RAW TEXT
> sText = "Oh, hi [PLAYER]!\pAww! A POK\h1BMON!\pI guess this means you want to run\noff, and take the POK\h1BMON LEAGUE\lchallenge...\p...\p...\p...Alright. I'll allow you to go, but\nonly if you go give this PARCEL to\lmy friend. She lives in the next\ltown over.\pI'll see you soon!"
51 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B355
52 - RAW TEXT
> sText = "My friend MRS. RAZ lives in the\nhouse beside the STRYKE POK\h1bMON\lLAB."
54 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B3A0
55 - RAW TEXT
> sText = "Thank you!\pFine, you may try the POK\h1bMON\nLEAGUE challenge...\pBut I think you should have these."
57 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B407
58 - RAW TEXT
> sText = "Sorry, there's not really much I\ncan do to help you, but good luck!"
60 - ORG
> lNewOffset = 0x71B44D
61 - RAW TEXT
> sText = "[black_fr] You received RUNNING SHOES!"
-------------------------------
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 1
> sLabel = @1
> lOffset = 0x71B1ED
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 2
> sLabel = @2
> lOffset = 0x71B241
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 3
> sLabel = @3
> lOffset = 0x71B355
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 4
> sLabel = @4
> lOffset = 0x71B3A0
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 5
> sLabel = @5
> lOffset = 0x71B407
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 6
> sLabel = @6
> lOffset = 0x71B44D
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 7
> sLabel = @goaway
> lOffset = 0x71B1B2
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 8
> sLabel = @goodluck
> lOffset = 0x71B1E4
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 9
> sLabel = @hey
> lOffset = 0x71B191
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 10
> sLabel = @kthxbai
> lOffset = 0x71B1C4
DYNAMIC_OFFSET 11
> sLabel = @start
> lOffset = 0x71B17D


Again, sorry for my stupidity when it comes to this. :p
You should copy the address of whatever script segment (e.g., "@start" or "@hey") you want to run first. In most cases, you'll want to use "@start" and, as far as I can tell, that's the one you should use in this situation too. So I guess you should try putting "71B17C" in the "Script Offset" box in AdvanceMap. If that doesn't work, I would try changing the #dynamic address to '0x800000' and then try compiling again. If that doesn't work, I can't help you and can only advise you to read a scripting tutorial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrow View Post
Hi again,

Sorry to bother you all with yet another question... I must seem such a noob :D

How do you make a moved character retain his spot when you make the screen reload? I have a welcomecharacter blocking you way downstairs from your room. He gives you some small info about the rom and then he steps out of your way. Now when i go downstairs and upstairs again, my sprite is located on top of the other sprite(cos it is blocking the stairs again). And when i step into the room i'm trapped because the welcome text happens only once(flagged).

So is there a command to keep a sprite at his new spot when the screen is reloaded?
I believe the 'movesprite2' command makes a permanent change to an OW's location.
__________________

Brother of Vrai
  #4639    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:54 PM
Nightcrow's Avatar
Nightcrow
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Nightcrow
hmmm i can't get it to work... here's the piece of script:
Spoiler:

#org @prepareMove1
applymovement 0x1 @moveToNes1
waitmovement 0x0
movesprite2 0x1 0x6 0x6
releaseall
end

#org @prepareMove2
applymovement 0x1 @moveToNes2
waitmovement 0x0
movesprite2 0x1 0x6 0x6
releaseall
end


Depending on where you stand when you talk to him(front or right), he runs to a location(applymovement) on the map(coordinates 6,6). And the goal is to keep him there when i enter that map the next time. Applymovement works so 0x1 is the correct person #. And 0x6 0x6 are the coordinates where he should stay. Yet when i enter the map again, he is at coordinates 1,10 where he started.

Does anybody see what i'm overlooking here?
  #4640    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:19 PM
Binary's Avatar
Binary
え?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrow View Post
hmmm i can't get it to work... here's the piece of script:
Spoiler:

#org @prepareMove1
applymovement 0x1 @moveToNes1
waitmovement 0x0
movesprite2 0x1 0x6 0x6
releaseall
end

#org @prepareMove2
applymovement 0x1 @moveToNes2
waitmovement 0x0
movesprite2 0x1 0x6 0x6
releaseall
end


Depending on where you stand when you talk to him(front or right), he runs to a location(applymovement) on the map(coordinates 6,6). And the goal is to keep him there when i enter that map the next time. Applymovement works so 0x1 is the correct person #. And 0x6 0x6 are the coordinates where he should stay. Yet when i enter the map again, he is at coordinates 1,10 where he started.

Does anybody see what i'm overlooking here?
I'm not sure how you can permanently move an OW to different co-ordinates on the map, but try using a level script with the 'movesprite' command.
__________________
  #4641    
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Andrut's Avatar
Andrut
Collecting dust since 1898
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Age: 16
How can i make the Magikarp seller give me a shiny swinub? Porygon 2? I already know how to make a Porygon 2,but i don't know how to make it shiny.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous
Florges
It's a forest guardian that pities how bad a type Grass is, so it gets moves to help out Grass-types, but is smart enough not to be Grass-type itself. The appearance is simply mimicry to hide from humans.

Last edited by Andrut; August 24th, 2010 at 01:07 AM.
  #4642    
Old August 24th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Kevin's Avatar
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoax View Post
How can i make the Magikarp seller give me a shiny swinub? Porygon 2? I already know how to make a Porygon 2,but i don't know how to make it shiny.
Sorry my friend but that means ASM..
You would need to know callasm and use I think shinyizer by Hackmew to find an offset, something like that.
__________________
  #4643    
Old August 24th, 2010, 09:11 AM
fetaltorpedo
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
So I'm looking to have a battle that allows losing like in the beginning against the rival in leaf green. I know there are types of battles such as 0x3, 0x9 etc... but in pksvui how do I get it to not send me to a pokecenter after losing. If i just knew where the code for that first battle was hidden I could do it myself.
  #4644    
Old August 24th, 2010, 09:26 AM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Demon View Post
Sorry my friend but that means ASM..
You would need to know callasm and use I think shinyizer by Hackmew to find an offset, something like that.
Actually, you don't need to have knowledge of ASM to use HackMew's Shinyzer. I believe that all you have to do (after inserting the code) is to set a variable to a certain value depending on how many pokémon you want to be shiny. Here's a tutorial on how to use it.
__________________

Brother of Vrai
  #4645    
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Rely97's Avatar
Rely97
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Male
*Cough* Excuse me, but if I could have a moment of your time...

I figured out how to make movement commands, but where do I put them on the script?
__________________
Truly, why is a raven like a writing desk?
  #4646    
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Nightcrow's Avatar
Nightcrow
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Nightcrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rely97 View Post
*Cough* Excuse me, but if I could have a moment of your time...

I figured out how to make movement commands, but where do I put them on the script?
example:
Spoiler:

#org @start
lockall
faceplayer
applymovement 0x1 @move
waitmovement 0x0
releaseall
end

'-----movements----
#org @move
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x01
#raw FE


This moves person ID 1: down, left,face upwards. Hope this helps.
  #4647    
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Rely97's Avatar
Rely97
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Male
Well, thank you for trying. I'm still at a loss on how to activate the movement and PKSV won't even load an edited version of that.. Any other ideas?
__________________
Truly, why is a raven like a writing desk?
  #4648    
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Nightcrow's Avatar
Nightcrow
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Nightcrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rely97 View Post
Well, thank you for trying. I'm still at a loss on how to activate the movement and PKSV won't even load an edited version of that.. Any other ideas?
applymovent activates the movement and it works like this:

applymovement 0xcharacterID 0xOFFSET

put the example i put up earlyer in XSE
add the line:
#dynamic 0x800000
on top and it will compile
  #4649    
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Learath2's Avatar
Learath2
Scripter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Turkey
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrow View Post
hmmm i can't get it to work... here's the piece of script:
Spoiler:

#org @prepareMove1
applymovement 0x1 @moveToNes1
waitmovement 0x0
movesprite2 0x1 0x6 0x6
releaseall
end

#org @prepareMove2
applymovement 0x1 @moveToNes2
waitmovement 0x0
movesprite2 0x1 0x6 0x6
releaseall
end


Depending on where you stand when you talk to him(front or right), he runs to a location(applymovement) on the map(coordinates 6,6). And the goal is to keep him there when i enter that map the next time. Applymovement works so 0x1 is the correct person #. And 0x6 0x6 are the coordinates where he should stay. Yet when i enter the map again, he is at coordinates 1,10 where he started.

Does anybody see what i'm overlooking here?
You can make the sprite at 6.6 and in the start of the event put movesprite2 so the man will goto 1.10 and do every thing and if you need put him back to his place again :D or if its in a map you can put a levelscript type 04 and put the movesprite2 there so it wont be seen by the player.

Its the way Nintendo did in OAK's starting script.
__________________

Learath2








Signature

Last edited by Learath2; August 25th, 2010 at 01:13 PM.
  #4650    
Old August 26th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Nightcrow's Avatar
Nightcrow
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Nightcrow
good idea learath, that'll work
TNX!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.