The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 17th, 2011 (08:59 AM).
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

I have the XSE scripting tutorial stored on my computer as the info is so useful. I still check the thread to see if it has updated though

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old February 17th, 2011 (04:33 PM).
RayRay92
Beginning Trainer

Quick query, very new to scripting, I know from watching tuts that '\v\h01' is the players name, tried experimenting and discovered '\v\h02' was Pokemon first in party? Well I guess that or starter. What is the code for your rival character like that?
Old February 17th, 2011 (07:13 PM).
Nerketur
PokéScripter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay92 View Post
Quick query, very new to scripting, I know from watching tuts that '\v\h01' is the players name, tried experimenting and discovered '\v\h02' was Pokemon first in party? Well I guess that or starter. What is the code for your rival character like that?
You could also use [PLAYER] and [RIVAL], just so you know. I don't know the \v\h?? codes for any of them. At least, if you're using XSE.

Hacks I support 100% (MUST SEE!):

Very well made hacks:

My work:
Figuring out scripting in PMD
Entire script map of LeafGreen
PMDSE (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Script Editor)
Old February 17th, 2011 (07:16 PM).
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Can anyone help me figure out why this script wont work? The script should, when the player walks on it, cause a question mark to go over the players head, and say "I wonder where Mom and Dad are?" but all it does is lock everything and wont release it...

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x6B1EA0
checkflag 0x828
if 0x0 goto 0x86B22B8
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B22B8
lock
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x86B1EAC
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x86B3270 MSG_NORMAL '"I wonder where Mom and Dad are?"
release
setflag 0x828
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x6B3270
= I wonder where Mom and Dad are?

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x6B1EAC
#raw 0x57 'Question Mark (?)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
Old February 17th, 2011 (08:02 PM).
cand098
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Mild
THIS IS NOT A SCRIPT REQUEST, I just want someone to point me in the right direction, and I know there is like a billion tutorials, but I just dont know how to put it all together

Ok, so this is what I want to happen, the player is standing on a beach and has nowhere to walk but upwards, when the player is off the beach, i want the rival character (the opposite gender protagonist) to approach from the top, and talk to the player, then i want a flag to be set so this wont happen again.

Basicly, what Im asking is:
-How do you type the gender (sprite) of the rival as the opposite of the player
-How do you make people move in to talk to the player (and then make them go away)
-How do you set the correct flag
-How do you put it all together correctly

Im obviously a begginer at this, but if I could just finish the first little scene, Id learn a whole lot, Thanks
Old February 18th, 2011 (12:10 AM). Edited February 18th, 2011 by masterquestmq.
masterquestmq
Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
Can anyone help me figure out why this script wont work? The script should, when the player walks on it, cause a question mark to go over the players head, and say "I wonder where Mom and Dad are?" but all it does is lock everything and wont release it...

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x6B1EA0
checkflag 0x828
if 0x0 goto 0x86B22B8
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B22B8
lock
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x86B1EAC
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x86B3270 MSG_NORMAL '"I wonder where Mom and Dad are?"
release
setflag 0x828
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x6B3270

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x6B1EAC

try this

#dynamic 0x800000
checkflag 0x200
if 0x0 goto @hey!
if 0x1 goto @end
end

#org @hey!
lock
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0xFF (FF is the player)
msgbox @talk 0x6
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x57
#raw 0xFE

#org @talk

#org @end
release
end

IMPORTANT!!
In the script tile of Advance map place 0300 in unknown and 4050 in the box below it (variable number i think) this will make the applymovement work in the game.

also flag 0x828 is a special flag as it activated the pokemon menu in the game, this should only be used when u get ur first pokemon

U also need to put 0x1 because when you step on the tile again it will release you immediately after the event has taken place.

this should do it. pm me if it still does not work
i did not have time to try the script out but im fairly sure it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cand098 View Post
THIS IS NOT A SCRIPT REQUEST, I just want someone to point me in the right direction, and I know there is like a billion tutorials, but I just dont know how to put it all together

Ok, so this is what I want to happen, the player is standing on a beach and has nowhere to walk but upwards, when the player is off the beach, i want the rival character (the opposite gender protagonist) to approach from the top, and talk to the player, then i want a flag to be set so this wont happen again.

-How do you make people move in to talk to the player (and then make them go away)

Im obviously a begginer at this, but if I could just finish the first little scene, Id learn a whole lot, Thanks

Unfortunately i can only answer 3/4 questions
As this is not a script request ill just point you in the right direction
1) Correct flag is an unused flag in the game id start with 0x200 and move up by one when creating another flag,
2) Move talk leave, that is an applymovement script, simple to master if you sit down and look at it check tutorial section
3) put it all together its an applymovement script

ill give you a skeleton of what your scriipt will look like

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x200
if 0x0 goto @t
if 0x1 goto @a

#org @t
lock
applymovement 0x(spritenumber)
waitmovement 0x(same above)
msgbox @talk 0x6
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @a
release
end

NOTE the scriipt above is not finish u need to fill in the msg, and the overworld number of the sprite and ohh yeah the movement.

See tutorial secrtioni XSE diegoisawesome tutorial

give it 20 min you'll know what to do trust me.
Old February 18th, 2011 (01:59 AM).
eishiba
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regeneration View Post

Maybe the person in the video was using Pokescript, since it uses the $ sign. In XSE and PKSV, you'll have to use the @ sign.
I still dont get why the characters wont say anything to me after I paste the offset and save. The added person event is there but they dont say anything.
Old February 18th, 2011 (07:19 AM).
Nerketur
PokéScripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterquestmq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post

Code:
'---------------
#removeall 0x6B1EA0
#org @start
checkflag 0x800
if 0x1 goto @end
lock
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @question
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @wonder MSG_NORMAL '"I wonder where Mom and Dad are?"
release
setflag 0x800
end

'---------------
#org @end
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org @wonder

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org @question

IMPORTANT!!

In the script tile of Advance map place 0003 in unknown and 4050 in the box below it (variable number i think) this will make the applymovement work in the game.

also flag 0x828 is a special flag as it activated the pokemon menu in the game, this should only be used when u get ur first pokemon
Your script is "right", but it uses a bad coding style. =P So, his original works the best, though that note of the Pokemon menu is correct, IF he's using FireRed/LeafGreen.

As a note, if you don't use lock, release is not needed, and actually, there's a faster way, that I have in the quotes.

The variable number can be ANY unused variable. It's basically checking to see if that variable is set to 3, (Which is what I think that does) before it allows script-based movements. In any case, 4050 is safe to use. But not EVERY variable is safe. Check the research thread to find out why. I think it's only the 4000's that are safe. Meaning 4000-4FFF. In any case, though, testing is vital to ensure success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterquestmq View Post
Quote:

Unfortunately i can only answer 3/4 questions
As this is not a script request ill just point you in the right direction
2) Move talk leave, that is an applymovement script, simple to master if you sit down and look at it check tutorial section
3) Correct flag is an unused flag in the game id start with 0x200 and move up by one when creating another flag,
4) put it all together its an applymovement script

ill give you a skeleton of what your scriipt will look like

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @a
lock
applymovement 0x(spritenumber)
waitmovement 0x(same above)
msgbox @talk 0x6
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @a
end

NOTE the scriipt above is not finish u need to fill in the msg, and the overworld number of the sprite and ohh yeah the movement.

See tutorial secrtioni XSE diegoisawesome tutorial

give it 20 min you'll know what to do trust me.
Again, bad coding style, but I fixed it up. Everything else you said is right.
You should NEVER have two if-statements one after the other. Though it does work in some cases, it won't work in every case. So just don't use it.
The game never does, so why should you?

Also, there are a few other things you'll need to add. You'll need to add blockers in A-Map, and put it all in a Script tile. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eishiba View Post
I still dont get why the characters wont say anything to me after I paste the offset and save. The added person event is there but they dont say anything.
There are many reasons for this.
  1. You have the incorrect offset of the script in A-Map
  2. You are using a bad location in the ROM (Some places get overwritten as the game-play progresses)
  3. You are using movement scripts without setting an unused variable to 0003 in A-Map. 4050 is a good choice
  4. You are not using XSE.
  5. You are pasting the offset to a ROM that you are not using.
I'm guilty of the last one. I tried everything, and then realized that I wasn't testing the ROM I changed. I was testing a completely different ROM. Trust me, it happens. So make sure that you're testing the ROM that you're changing.

Very well made hacks:

My work:
Old February 18th, 2011 (11:14 AM). Edited February 18th, 2011 by eishiba.
eishiba
Beginning Trainer

2. You are using a bad location in the ROM (Some places get overwritten as the game-play progresses)
  3. You are using movement scripts without setting an unused variable to 0003 in A-Map. 4050 is a good choice
I'm guilty of the last one. I tried everything, and then realized that I wasn't testing the ROM I changed. I was testing a completely different ROM. Trust me, it happens. So make sure that you're testing the ROM that you're changing.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I click to add a person event and the person I add is right in front of the house in pallet town(fire red). So I know I'm using the right ROM. I'm using XSE and then batch compiler. Then it finds me an offset and I copy it and paste it into the offset section in Advanced Map on the person event I just added. I save like a millions times and then try it. The person is always there. As many times as I try something different they are always where I put them but they dont' say anything.

Spoiler:

lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk 0x6
release
end

#org @talk
= (text u wanna insert)

Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @text
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @gls 0x6
release
end

#org @gls

Is something wrong with my scripts?
Old February 18th, 2011 (04:13 PM).
MikeMatt15
Beginning Trainer

Okay, here is the issue:

Game: FireRed
Type: Trigger
Editor: AM/XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

'---------------
#org 0x71C1FC
checkflag 0x200
if 0x0 goto 0x871C2FD
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x71C2FD
lock
setflag 0x200
applymovement 0x1 0x871C95C
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x871CF7C
waitmovement 0xFF
waitmovement 0x1
msgbox 0x871CAC8 MSG_NORMAL '"..."
giveitem 0x0 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
msgbox 0x871CB85 MSG_NORMAL '"..."
applymovement 0x1 0x871CCB4
waitmovement 0x1
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x71CAC8
= TEST TEXT 1...

#org 0x71CB85
= TEST TEXT 2...

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x71C95C

#org 0x71CF7C

#org 0x71CCB4

At the end of the script, it freezes the game... I don't know whats wrong.
Old February 18th, 2011 (06:37 PM).
Nerketur
PokéScripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eishiba View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerketur

Well, I click to add a person event and the person I add is right in front of the house in pallet town(fire red). So I know I'm using the right ROM. I'm using XSE and then batch compiler. Then it finds me an offset and I copy it and paste it into the offset section in Advanced Map on the person event I just added. I save like a millions times and then try it. The person is always there. As many times as I try something different they are always where I put them but they dont' say anything.

Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk 0x6
release
end

#org @talk
= (text u wanna insert)

Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @text
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @gls 0x6
release
end

#org @gls
= Text to say

Is something wrong with my scripts?
Indeed. I'm surprised that the scripts compile. I fixed the scripts in the quote. =) In any case, I don't use the batch compiler, I simply use the compile button (The icon on the toolbar with two gears. Saving in XSE does nothing, and in order to see any change, you have to completely close the ROM and open it again, and I'd suggest starting the game from the beginning. If not, at least enter and leave a building, before actually seeing if the code changed.

The only other thing I can see happening is misunderstanding which offset means what. =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMatt15 View Post
Okay, here is the issue:

Game: FireRed
Type: Trigger
Editor: AM/XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

'---------------
#org 0x71C1FC
checkflag 0x200
if 0x0 goto 0x871C2FD
//release ' You don't need "release" if you didn't use "lock"
end

'---------------
#org 0x71C2FD
lock
setflag 0x200
applymovement 0x1 0x871C95C
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x871CF7C
//waitmovement 0xFF // You only need ONE of these.
//waitmovement 0x1 // Both are not needed.
waitmovement 0x0 // makes sure both movements happen before continuing
msgbox 0x871CAC8 MSG_NORMAL '"..."
giveitem 0x0 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
msgbox 0x871CB85 MSG_NORMAL '"..."
applymovement 0x1 0x871CCB4
waitmovement 0x0 //While you CAN use 0x1 here, using 0x0 is better.
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x71CAC8
= TEST TEXT 1...

#org 0x71CB85
= TEST TEXT 2...

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x71C95C

#org 0x71CF7C

#org 0x71CCB4

At the end of the script, it freezes the game... I don't know whats wrong.
The only problems I saw are changed in RED in the quote. Other than those things, nothing is really wrong with the script. It could freeze for other reasons, such as incorrect movements, invalid movements, etc.

Very well made hacks:

My work:
Old February 18th, 2011 (07:48 PM).
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Thanks for the help, the script now works!

I just have another question...How do I change where the player starts when the player starts a new game? I'm modifying a Ruby Rom, and it starts by having seperate genders in seperate houses, but I want to change that so both genders start in one house, and in their room instead of outside the house and all that walking, etc.

Also, when you have a script, i think i know what to do, but when you have a person event, and you want them to walk away, do you have to do anything special to make the applymovement command work?

Thanks for the help ^w^
Old February 18th, 2011 (09:39 PM).
eishiba
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerketur View Post

Indeed. I'm surprised that the scripts compile. I fixed the scripts in the quote. =) In any case, I don't use the batch compiler, I simply use the compile button (The icon on the toolbar with two gears. Saving in XSE does nothing, and in order to see any change, you have to completely close the ROM and open it again, and I'd suggest starting the game from the beginning. If not, at least enter and leave a building, before actually seeing if the code changed.

The only other thing I can see happening is misunderstanding which offset means what. =P

The only problems I saw are changed in RED in the quote. Other than those things, nothing is really wrong with the script. It could freeze for other reasons, such as incorrect movements, invalid movements, etc.
Yes I do have to close out of the game to see the new code take effect but I still don't get any messaging. I don't have to start from the very beginning. I think Ill make another video. Maybe someone can point out my mistake. I know I got a script for obtaining the national dex much earlier so all pokemon could evolve but the person who gives it to you is in viridian in my hack and he doesn't say anything. Just a Duh Duh Duh Da music like you got something and thats it.
Old February 19th, 2011 (11:03 AM).
MikeMatt15
Beginning Trainer

Okay I have been testing stuff out, and I concluded that the problem exists because I have it being used as a map load script so when I enter a map.
Old February 19th, 2011 (02:45 PM). Edited February 19th, 2011 by cand098.
cand098
Beginning Trainer

So, I want Professor Lilac (PKMN. PROF. in my game) to ask the player what type of pokemon they want, and then which pokemon in that category, and if they say no to all, then she starts at the top again. The player starts in the Lab, and the problem is, Prof. Lilac's sprite isnt even there when I start the game! Please help this is my first time scripting and I still havent gotten a nice scrip to work...:'( Its a ruby hack btw

EDIT---Yes she has a person Id

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x152D9A
lock
faceplayer
if 0x0 goto 0x86B34D5
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B34D5
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x86B5624 MSG_YESNO '"PROF. LILAC: Ah, [player]!\pHow wo..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3510
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B351B
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3510
msgbox 0x86B5DF0 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"PROF. LILAC: Well alright..."
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B351B
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x86B64B9 MSG_YESNO '"PROF. LILAC: OK.\pWould you like a..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B353E
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3584
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B353E
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x86B55E3 MSG_YESNO '"Fine.\pDo you want a Water \ntype ..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3561
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4EB4
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3584
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x86B559B MSG_YESNO '"Do You want CHARMANDER?"
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B35A7
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B36B9
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3561
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x86B55B5 MSG_YESNO '"Alright.\pDo You want a Grass\n Ty..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3561
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4FB7
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B4EB4
faceplayer
msgbox 0x86B5DC1 MSG_YESNO '"Do you want SQUIRTLE?"
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B37B5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3776
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B35A7
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x86B5DD9 MSG_YESNO '"How about CYNDAQUIL?"
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4DA3
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B36F8
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B36B9
givepokemon 0x4 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5E70 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a CHARMANDER!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x0
msgbox 0x86B5F91 MSG_YESNO '"You should name your\nnew POKEMON."
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
msgbox 0x86B38F1 MSG_NORMAL '"This is the start\nof your adventu..."
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B4FB7
faceplayer
msgbox 0x86B5E0F MSG_YESNO '"Do you want BULBASAUR?"
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4FD9
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B62FF
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B37B5
givepokemon 0x158 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5EF2 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a TOTODILE!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x4
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3776
givepokemon 0x7 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5ED2 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a SQUIRTLE!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x3
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B4DA3
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x86B560E MSG_YESNO '"What about TORCHIC?"
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B351B
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3737
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B36F8
givepokemon 0x155 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5E92 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a CYNDAQUIL!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x1
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x1A74EB
'---------------
#org 0x6B4FD9
faceplayer
msgbox 0x86B5E3E MSG_YESNO '"How about CHIKORITA?"
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B5FB4
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B633E
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B62FF
givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5F30 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a BULBASAUR!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x6
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3737
givepokemon 0x280 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5EB3 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a TORCHIC!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x2
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B5FB4
faceplayer
msgbox 0x86B5E55 MSG_YESNO '"What about want TREECKO?"
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B351B
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B38B1
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B633E
givepokemon 0x152 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5F51 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a CHIKORITA!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x7
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B38B1
givepokemon 0x277 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5F72 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a TREECKO!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x8
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x6B5624
= PROF. LILAC: Ah, [player]!\pHow would you like a POKEMON?

#org 0x6B5DF0
= PROF. LILAC: Well alright...

#org 0x6B64B9
= PROF. LILAC: OK.\pWould you like a Fire \nType POKEMON?

#org 0x6B55E3
= Fine.\pDo you want a Water \ntype POKEMON?

#org 0x6B559B
= Do You want CHARMANDER?

#org 0x6B55B5
= Alright.\pDo You want a Grass\n Type POKEMON?

#org 0x6B5DC1
= Do you want SQUIRTLE?

#org 0x6B5DD9
= How about CYNDAQUIL?

#org 0x6B5E70
= (player) received a CHARMANDER!

#org 0x6B5F91
= You should name your\nnew POKEMON.

#org 0x6B38F1
= This is the start\nof your adventure,\n(player)!

#org 0x6B5E0F
= Do you want BULBASAUR?

#org 0x6B5EF2
= (player) received a TOTODILE!

#org 0x6B5ED2
= (player) received a SQUIRTLE!

#org 0x6B560E
= What about TORCHIC?

#org 0x6B5E92
= (player) received a CYNDAQUIL!

#org 0x6B5E3E
= How about CHIKORITA?

#org 0x6B5F30
= (player) received a BULBASAUR!

#org 0x6B5EB3
= (player) received a TORCHIC!

#org 0x6B5E55
= What about want TREECKO?

#org 0x6B5F51
= (player) received a CHIKORITA!

#org 0x6B5F72
= (player) received a TREECKO!
Old February 19th, 2011 (05:20 PM).
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
@cand098 : Does the Porfessor have any person ID? (Check it in Advance Map)

Now for my own problem, when I use this level script, I can't seem to get it to work. It works part way, but some of the people I want to "Disappear" don't disappear. It's strange because the others disappear, it's only some few people that don't. They are assigned the Id 47 and I even have setflag 0x47. If that's not enough, they have the event numbers 10, 11, and 12, which I also put in for the hidesprite command. Who knows what i did wrong? Btw, this is in XSE.

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x812F83
lock
applymovement 0x3 0x881228E
applymovement 0x9 0x8812294
applymovement 0x8 0x8812294
applymovement 0x7 0x8812294
applymovement 0x6 0x8812294
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x3
hidesprite 0x6
hidesprite 0x7
hidesprite 0x8
hidesprite 0x9
hidesprite 0x10
hidesprite 0x11
hidesprite 0x12
setflag 0x42
setflag 0x47
setvar 0x7001 0x1
setflag 0x41
release
end
Old February 19th, 2011 (07:56 PM).
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
So, I want Professor Lilac (PKMN. PROF. in my game) to ask the player what type of pokemon they want, and then which pokemon in that category, and if they say no to all, then she starts at the top again. The player starts in the Lab, and the problem is, Prof. Lilac's sprite isnt even there when I start the game! Please help this is my first time scripting and I still havent gotten a nice scrip to work...:'( Its a ruby hack btw

EDIT---Yes she has a person Id

Spoiler:

'---------------
#org 0x152D9A
lock
faceplayer
if 0x0 goto 0x86B34D5
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B34D5
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3510
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B351B
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3510
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B351B
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B353E
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3584
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B353E
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3561
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4EB4
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3584
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B35A7
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B36B9
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3561
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3561
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4FB7
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B4EB4
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B37B5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3776
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B35A7
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4DA3
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B36F8
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B36B9
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5E70 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a CHARMANDER!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x0
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B4FB7
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4FD9
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B62FF
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B37B5
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5EF2 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a TOTODILE!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x4
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3776
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5ED2 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a SQUIRTLE!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x3
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B4DA3
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B351B
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3737
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B36F8
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5E92 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a CYNDAQUIL!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x1
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x1A74EB
'---------------
#org 0x6B4FD9
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B5FB4
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B633E
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B62FF
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5F30 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a BULBASAUR!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x6
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3737
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5EB3 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a TORCHIC!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x2
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B5FB4
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B351B
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B38B1
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B633E
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5F51 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a CHIKORITA!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x7
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B38B1
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5F72 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"(player) received a TREECKO!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x8
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x6B5624

#org 0x6B5DF0

#org 0x6B64B9

#org 0x6B55E3

#org 0x6B559B

#org 0x6B55B5

#org 0x6B5DC1
= Do you want SQUIRTLE?

#org 0x6B5DD9
= How about CYNDAQUIL?

#org 0x6B5E70
= (player) received a CHARMANDER!

#org 0x6B5F91

#org 0x6B38F1
= This is the start\nof your adventure,\n(player)!

#org 0x6B5E0F
= Do you want BULBASAUR?

#org 0x6B5EF2
= (player) received a TOTODILE!

#org 0x6B5ED2
= (player) received a SQUIRTLE!

#org 0x6B560E
= What about TORCHIC?

#org 0x6B5E92
= (player) received a CYNDAQUIL!

#org 0x6B5E3E
= How about CHIKORITA?

#org 0x6B5F30
= (player) received a BULBASAUR!

#org 0x6B5EB3
= (player) received a TORCHIC!

#org 0x6B5E55

#org 0x6B5F51
= (player) received a CHIKORITA!

#org 0x6B5F72
= (player) received a TREECKO!
I like your professor's name a lot :3

Since she has a 'Person ID' it is the most likely thing that is causing her to disappear before you even speak to her. If the ID is the same a a flag that was set previously that is why she is disappearing. If you haven't set the flag that is the same as her ID may be because of an old levelscript (If you haven't removed any of the original ones from the map) that utilises the movesprite command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
@cand098 : Does the Porfessor have any person ID? (Check it in Advance Map)

Now for my own problem, when I use this level script, I can't seem to get it to work. It works part way, but some of the people I want to "Disappear" don't disappear. It's strange because the others disappear, it's only some few people that don't. They are assigned the Id 47 and I even have setflag 0x47. If that's not enough, they have the event numbers 10, 11, and 12, which I also put in for the hidesprite command. Who knows what i did wrong? Btw, this is in XSE.

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x812F83
lock
applymovement 0x3 0x881228E
applymovement 0x9 0x8812294
applymovement 0x8 0x8812294
applymovement 0x7 0x8812294
applymovement 0x6 0x8812294
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x3
hidesprite 0x6
hidesprite 0x7
hidesprite 0x8
hidesprite 0x9
hidesprite 0x10
hidesprite 0x11
hidesprite 0x12
setflag 0x42
setflag 0x47
setvar 0x7001 0x1
setflag 0x41
release
end
Use 0xA, 0xB and 0xC instead of 0x10, 0x11 and 0x12 as you are scripting it in terms of HEX. A-Map doesn't translate their event numbers directly into HEX so keep that in mind if you are scripting with anything over 9.
Old February 20th, 2011 (06:03 AM). Edited February 20th, 2011 by RayRay92.
RayRay92
Beginning Trainer

Probably something simple, but I can't figure it out, total noob me.

The problem I'm having is that when it is suppose to say "Player recieved the Eevee" it displays a blank box and freezes.

Spoiler:
#org $poke
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
if 0x1 goto $done
message $1
$1 1 = Prof. Fir: Hello \v\h01!\pYou're here for your first\nPokemon aren't you?\pOh, where is Emily?\pNot feeling well, that's a shame.\nYou can take her Pokemon to her.\pAnyways I only have 2 Pokemon left\nand I promised the Slowpoke to Emily\lso here is your Pokemon.
boxset 6
fanfare 0x13E
message $2
$2 1 = \v\H01 recieved the Eevee.
boxset 4
waitfanfare
pause 0x30
message $3
$3 1 = Prof Fir: Look after it.\pOh yes can I trust you to\ndeliever a Pokedex to Emily?\pThank you, here is yours as well.
boxset 6
fanfare 0x13E
message $4
$4 1 = \v\H01 recieved the Pokedex.
boxset 4
waitfanfare
pause 0x30
givepokemon 133 5 0x00
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x829
setflag 0x82F
special 0x16F
setflag 0x1200
setvar 0x6001 0x1
release
end

#org $done
message $11
$11 1 = Prof Fir: Good Luck on your journey.
release
end

Yes I'm using Pokescript, I just find it easier.
Old February 20th, 2011 (08:29 AM). Edited February 20th, 2011 by emperorsenshi.
emperorsenshi
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to emperorsenshi
How do I find the choice list ID #s in XSE? I'm trying to edit the Game Corner.

Edit: OK so I found the offset for the multichoices in FireRed but I'm hacking LeafGreen. Is the offset different?
Old February 20th, 2011 (10:14 AM).
cand098
Beginning Trainer

Ok, hopefully the LAST problem with this script, actually 2 problems, Everything works fine, and it acts like the professor gives you the pokemon you chose, but when she ask for a nickname and you say yes, the question asking you to give one stays up and if you push A, it starts the text over again...And if thats not bad enough even after you say no, the pokemon option on the start menu isn't even there! In an xse tutorial I copied the offset for the nickname, but that was fire red and I guess the nickname script is in a diffrent place in Ruby, and I have no idea why there is no pokemon tab... Please help...

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x152D9A
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3510
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B351B
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3510
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B351B
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B353E
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3584
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B353E
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3561
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4EB4
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3584
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B35A7
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B36B9
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3561
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3561
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4FB7
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B4EB4
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B37B5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3776
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B35A7
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4DA3
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B36F8
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B36B9
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5E70 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a CHARMANDER!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x0
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B4FB7
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4FD9
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B62FF
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B37B5
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5EF2 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a TOTODILE!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x4
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3776
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5ED2 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a SQUIRTLE!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x3
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B4DA3
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B351B
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3737
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B36F8
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5E92 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a CYNDAQUIL!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x1
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x1A74EB
'---------------
#org 0x6B4FD9
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B5FB4
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B633E
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B62FF
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5F30 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a BULBASAUR!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x6
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3737
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5EB3 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a TORCHIC!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x2
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B5FB4
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B351B
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B38B1
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B633E
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5F51 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a CHIKORITA!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x7
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B38B1
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5F72 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a TREECKO!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x8
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x6B5624

#org 0x6B5DF0

#org 0x6B64B9

#org 0x6B55E3

#org 0x6B559B

#org 0x6B55B5

#org 0x6B5DC1
= Do you want SQUIRTLE?

#org 0x6B5DD9
= How about CYNDAQUIL?

#org 0x6B5E70
= [player] received a CHARMANDER!

#org 0x6B5F91

#org 0x6B38F1
= This is the start\nof your adventure,\n[player]!

#org 0x6B5E0F
= Do you want BULBASAUR?

#org 0x6B5EF2
= [player] received a TOTODILE!

#org 0x6B5ED2
= [player] received a SQUIRTLE!

#org 0x6B560E
= What about TORCHIC?

#org 0x6B5E92
= [player] received a CYNDAQUIL!

#org 0x6B5E3E
= How about CHIKORITA?

#org 0x6B5F30
= [player] received a BULBASAUR!

#org 0x6B5EB3
= [player] received a TORCHIC!

#org 0x6B5E55

#org 0x6B5F51
= [player] received a CHIKORITA!

#org 0x6B5F72
= [player] received a TREECKO!
Old February 20th, 2011 (10:22 AM).
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Ok, hopefully the LAST problem with this script, actually 2 problems, Everything works fine, and it acts like the professor gives you the pokemon you chose, but when she ask for a nickname and you say yes, the question asking you to give one stays up and if you push A, it starts the text over again...And if thats not bad enough even after you say no, the pokemon option on the start menu isn't even there! In an xse tutorial I copied the offset for the nickname, but that was fire red and I guess the nickname script is in a diffrent place in Ruby, and I have no idea why there is no pokemon tab... Please help...

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x152D9A
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3510
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B351B
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3510
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B351B
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B353E
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3584
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B353E
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3561
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4EB4
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3584
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B35A7
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B36B9
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3561
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3561
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4FB7
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B4EB4
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B37B5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3776
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B35A7
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4DA3
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B36F8
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B36B9
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5E70 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a CHARMANDER!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x0
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B4FB7
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B4FD9
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B62FF
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B37B5
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5EF2 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a TOTODILE!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x4
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3776
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5ED2 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a SQUIRTLE!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x3
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B4DA3
lock
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B351B
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B3737
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B36F8
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5E92 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a CYNDAQUIL!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x1
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x1A74EB
'---------------
#org 0x6B4FD9
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B5FB4
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B633E
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B62FF
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5F30 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a BULBASAUR!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x6
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B3737
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5EB3 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a TORCHIC!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x2
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B5FB4
faceplayer
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x86B351B
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x86B38B1
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B633E
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5F51 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a CHIKORITA!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x7
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x6B38B1
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x86B5F72 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] received a TREECKO!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x4000 0x8
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81A74EB
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x6B5624

#org 0x6B5DF0

#org 0x6B64B9

#org 0x6B55E3

#org 0x6B559B

#org 0x6B55B5

#org 0x6B5DC1
= Do you want SQUIRTLE?

#org 0x6B5DD9
= How about CYNDAQUIL?

#org 0x6B5E70
= [player] received a CHARMANDER!

#org 0x6B5F91

#org 0x6B38F1
= This is the start\nof your adventure,\n[player]!

#org 0x6B5E0F
= Do you want BULBASAUR?

#org 0x6B5EF2
= [player] received a TOTODILE!

#org 0x6B5ED2
= [player] received a SQUIRTLE!

#org 0x6B560E
= What about TORCHIC?

#org 0x6B5E92
= [player] received a CYNDAQUIL!

#org 0x6B5E3E
= How about CHIKORITA?

#org 0x6B5F30
= [player] received a BULBASAUR!

#org 0x6B5EB3
= [player] received a TORCHIC!

#org 0x6B5E55

#org 0x6B5F51
= [player] received a CHIKORITA!

#org 0x6B5F72
= [player] received a TREECKO!
Well I don't really have too much time to help you, but the Pokemon menu will only appear when you set the flag: setflag POKEMON . That will make the Pokemon menu appear!
Old February 20th, 2011 (11:35 AM).
cand098
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolens View Post
Well I don't really have too much time to help you, but the Pokemon menu will only appear when you set the flag: setflag POKEMON . That will make the Pokemon menu appear!
When I type that and compile it says missing #define, what do I put for the '#define'??
Old February 20th, 2011 (02:03 PM).
RayRay92
Beginning Trainer

I solved my last 'issue' though I don't know how, but that doesn't matter.

I'm now having another issue

Spoiler:
#org $battle1
jingle
message $1
$1 1 = Hey Loser!
boxset 6
clearflag 0x1211
showsprite 3
applymovement 3 $enter
$enter 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0xFE
pausemove 0
message $2
$2 1 = \v\h05: So you finally have a\nPokemon eh?\pDoesn't matter you're still a loser\mand I'll prove it.
boxset 6
trainerbattle 0x09 0x01 $win $lose
$win 1 = Ahh man! You're still a loser!
$lose 1 = I won! I told you you're a loser!
message $after
$after 1 = Doesn't matter anyway!\nI'll beat you one day!
boxset 6
applymovement 3 $leave
$leave 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
pausemove 0
removesprite 3
setflag 1211
setvar 0x6004 0x0001
release
end

The script runs the first line then freezes, I think I know what the problem is, because I can't set the Person ID to 1211, and have a trainer ID?
Old February 20th, 2011 (10:17 PM).
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
When I type that and compile it says missing #define, what do I put for the '#define'??
It says that because Bolens gave you an incorrect symbol. You should use one of the following, depending on which game you are hacking:

Code:
setflag RS_PKMNMENU
setflag FR_PKMNMENU
setflag EM_PKMNMENU

Brother of Vrai
Old February 21st, 2011 (11:03 AM).
RayRay92
Beginning Trainer

I've started using XSE now, and well its providing problems for me already.

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x2000
if 0x01 goto @done
checkflag 0x2001
if 0x01 goto @done1
msgbox @1 0x6
setvar 0x6000 0x01
release
end

#org @1
= Emily: Hey [player]!\nI'm not feeling too well would you\l please get my Pok\h1bmon from Prof. Fir\lfor me?

#org @done
msgbox @2 0x6
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @3 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
clearflag 0x2000
release
end

#org @2
= Emily: Thank you [player]!\nIt's just the Pok\h1bmon I wanted.\p...\pSince you did this for me I'd like to give\nyou these.\lI hope they are useful!

#org @3
= [player] recieved the Running Shoes.

#org @done1
msgbox @4 0x6
release
end

#org @4
= Emily: Hopefully I'll feel better soon!

In the game it only shows the last line, anyone help?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links