The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #6251    
Old November 16th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Bolens's Avatar
Bolens
Soul Hacker
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
I am in need of some help with this Script :/ I can get it into the game fine but when it activates it goes to a blue screen and nothing happens. I guess somethings messed up with the Script somewhere. I'm trying to use it right when you start the game in the player's house. Here's the Script...

Code:
#dynamic 0x740000

#org @start
lockall
fadescreen 0x1
msgbox @1 0x6
fadescreen 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
setvar 0x7000 0x1
releaseall
end

#org @1
= [player] Where am I...Is this a dream?\p\nRED: No child, this is not a\ldream.\p[PLAYER]: Who are you?\pRED: You'll find out soon\nenough...

#org @2
= [player] That was so weird. Well\nnothing\lis going to hamper my spirits\ltoday! It's the grand opening of\lthe new PokeLab today. I should\lbe on my way soon.
Hopefully someone can help Thanks
  #6252    
Old November 16th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Jay the penguin's Avatar
Jay the penguin
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Okay I'm having alot of trouble with this pokemart script..

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
pokemart @values
release
end

#org @values
#raw word 0x2
#raw word 0x5
#raw word 0xD
#raw word 0xE
#raw word 0xF
#raw word 0x10
#raw word 0x11
#raw word 0x12
#raw word 0x15
#raw word 0x16
#raw word 0x17
#raw word 0x18
#raw word 0x0
#raw word 0x0
#raw word 0x0

I mean the script seems fine to me but when I was testing after I buy something or sell something it chages the heros sprite and position after ending the conversation.
It even leaves my original hero sprite.

What do you think is the problem?
__________________


My Hack!
Visit the thread!
  #6253    
Old November 16th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Nate VonGrimm's Avatar
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Uxbridge
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolens View Post
I am in need of some help with this Script :/ I can get it into the game fine but when it activates it goes to a blue screen and nothing happens. I guess somethings messed up with the Script somewhere. I'm trying to use it right when you start the game in the player's house. Here's the Script...

Code:
#dynamic 0x740000

#org @start
lockall
fadescreen 0x1
msgbox @1 0x6
fadescreen 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
setvar 0x7000 0x1
releaseall
end

#org @1
= [player] Where am I...Is this a dream?\p\nRED: No child, this is not a\ldream.\p[PLAYER]: Who are you?\pRED: You'll find out soon\nenough...

#org @2
= [player] That was so weird. Well\nnothing\lis going to hamper my spirits\ltoday! It's the grand opening of\lthe new PokeLab today. I should\lbe on my way soon.
Hopefully someone can help Thanks
Your script is fine. Are you trying to make this a level script?
  #6254    
Old November 17th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Bolens's Avatar
Bolens
Soul Hacker
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate VonGrimm View Post
Your script is fine. Are you trying to make this a level script?
Yes I am...when you start in the Player's House.
  #6255    
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Nate VonGrimm's Avatar
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Uxbridge
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolens View Post
Yes I am...when you start in the Player's House.
Okay, I've just recently made a tut on level scripts but I'm still waiting for the mods to accept it.
I shall PM you with a little tut to see if you have done it right =]
  #6256    
Old November 17th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Kaith's Avatar
Kaith
Hacker of Fire
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North, it's cold.
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
When I try to compile a script, it gives me an Error that says: Error 13 "Type missmatch" on line 12 Missing #define

Script:
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x71CB00

#org @start
checkflag 0x1004
if 0x0 goto @con
end

#org @con
lock
applymovement 0xFF @move1
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x6 @1 This line
showpokepic 0x01 0x0A 0x03
msgbox 0x6 @2
hidepokepic
givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @5 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x1005
applymovement 0x09 move2
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0xFF move3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x09 move4
msgbox @4 0x6
applymovement 0x09 move5
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x9
setflag 0x1006
setflag 0x1004
release
end

#org @1
= I guess this is the last one.\nLet's see, it's a...

#org @2
= BULBASUAR!

#org @3
= [blue_rs]\v\h06: Look I got a CHARMANDER!\nWanna battle?\pGo-\p\v\h01: \v\h06!

#org @4
= [blue_rs]= \v\h01: Wait!\p\v\h06: Wh-What?\p\v\h01: We need to get going\nalready.\p\v\h06: Oh right! Then we'll\nbattle after graduation. See you\lthere!

#org @5
= \v\h01 recived a BULBASUAR!
#org @move1
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @move3
#raw 0x3
#raw 0xFE

#org @move4
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @move5
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE
__________________
Hackers, Hacker everywhere.

Hacks I support:
FloralSky





  #6257    
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Nate VonGrimm's Avatar
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Uxbridge
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaith View Post
When I try to compile a script, it gives me an Error that says: Error 13 "Type missmatch" on line 12 Missing #define

Script:
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x71CB00

#org @start
checkflag 0x1004
if 0x0 goto @con
end

#org @con
lock
applymovement 0xFF @move1
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x6 @1 This line
showpokepic 0x01 0x0A 0x03
msgbox 0x6 @2
hidepokepic
givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @5 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x1005
applymovement 0x09 move2
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0xFF move3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x09 move4
msgbox @4 0x6
applymovement 0x09 move5
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x9
setflag 0x1006
setflag 0x1004
release
end

#org @1
= I guess this is the last one.\nLet's see, it's a...

#org @2
= BULBASUAR!

#org @3
= [blue_rs]\v\h06: Look I got a CHARMANDER!\nWanna battle?\pGo-\p\v\h01: \v\h06!

#org @4
= [blue_rs]= \v\h01: Wait!\p\v\h06: Wh-What?\p\v\h01: We need to get going\nalready.\p\v\h06: Oh right! Then we'll\nbattle after graduation. See you\lthere!

#org @5
= \v\h01 recived a BULBASUAR!
#org @move1
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @move3
#raw 0x3
#raw 0xFE

#org @move4
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @move5
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE
I was able to compile it fine...
That's strange...
Hmm...
Make sure when you downloaded XSE (or whatever program you used to script this) you extracted ALL the files into a folder.
__________________
Currently working on a new Pokemon Hack with an in-depth story line!
That's about as much as you're going to get for now...


  #6258    
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Kaith's Avatar
Kaith
Hacker of Fire
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North, it's cold.
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate VonGrimm View Post


I was able to compile it fine...
That's strange...
Hmm...
Make sure when you downloaded XSE (or whatever program you used to script this) you extracted ALL the files into a folder.
I've been using XSE for a while, and all the files ARE extracted.
__________________
Hackers, Hacker everywhere.

Hacks I support:
FloralSky





  #6259    
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:56 PM
DrFuji's Avatar
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Upside-downia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaith View Post
When I try to compile a script, it gives me an Error that says: Error 13 "Type missmatch" on line 12 Missing #define

Script:
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x71CB00

#org @start
checkflag 0x1004
if 0x0 goto @con
end

#org @con
lock
applymovement 0xFF @move1
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x6 @1 This line
showpokepic 0x01 0x0A 0x03
msgbox 0x6 @2
hidepokepic
givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @5 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x1005
applymovement 0x09 move2
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0xFF move3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x09 move4
msgbox @4 0x6
applymovement 0x09 move5
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x9
setflag 0x1006
setflag 0x1004
release
end

#org @1
= I guess this is the last one.\nLet's see, it's a...

#org @2
= BULBASUAR!

#org @3
= [blue_rs]\v\h06: Look I got a CHARMANDER!\nWanna battle?\pGo-\p\v\h01: \v\h06!

#org @4
= [blue_rs]= \v\h01: Wait!\p\v\h06: Wh-What?\p\v\h01: We need to get going\nalready.\p\v\h06: Oh right! Then we'll\nbattle after graduation. See you\lthere!

#org @5
= \v\h01 recived a BULBASUAR!
#org @move1
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @move3
#raw 0x3
#raw 0xFE

#org @move4
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @move5
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE
You've mixed up the placement of the pointer and the message type. change it to 'msgbox @1 0x6' and it should work fine - The rest of your msgbox commands will have to be changed in a similar way as well.
  #6260    
Old November 17th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Nate VonGrimm's Avatar
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Uxbridge
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
You've mixed up the placement of the pointer and the message type. change it to 'msgbox @1 0x6' and it should work fine - The rest of your msgbox commands will have to be changed in a similar way as well.
That's strange, When I compiled that script, it worked...
Must have switched them by itself.
__________________
Currently working on a new Pokemon Hack with an in-depth story line!
That's about as much as you're going to get for now...


  #6261    
Old November 18th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Adamina's Avatar
Adamina
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Game: Bug Based FireRed Hack
Type: Person
I've been trying to adjust what Professor Oak says (and I added in getting the NationalDex at the beginning of the game), using Advanced Map and XSE. But when I compile it, some lines merge into one and I lose #org s (like at the bottom. I don't know the number, so I haven't corrected it). I really know nothing about actually scripting, I'm learning as I go.
Also, the first time the Rival speaks, in the Lab, all Oak says in reply is ',s'.
Does anyone know why I keep losing lines, and why Oak replies ',s'?

Script:
Spoiler:
'-----------------------
#org 0x169595
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x8169600
compare 0x4055 0x9
if 0x1 goto 0x8169903
compare 0x4055 0x8
if 0x1 goto 0x8169A6E
checkflag 0x82C
if 0x1 goto 0x81699CE
compare 0x4052 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8169903
compare 0x4055 0x6
if 0x1 goto 0x81698D6
compare 0x4057 0x1
if 0x4 goto 0x816961E
compare 0x4055 0x4
if 0x1 goto 0x8169614
compare 0x4055 0x3
if 0x1 goto 0x816960A
msgbox 0x818E116 '"OAK: Now, [player].\pInside those t..."
callstd 0x4
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x169600
msgbox 0x81A72AD '"Thank you, [player]!\nSincerely, th..."
callstd 0x4
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x169903
call 0x81A737B
checkflag 0x2F4
if 0x1 goto 0x8169913
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x169A6E
msgbox 0x818E871 '"o to fulfill my\ndream for me."
callstd 0x4
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x1699CE
call 0x81A737B
closeonkeypress
compare 0x8009 0x3C
if 0x0 goto 0x81699F9
checkflag 0x89B
if 0x0 goto 0x81699F9
pause 0x1E
msgbox 0x818EDF5 '"Ah, now this is excellent!\p[player..."
callstd 0x4
goto 0x8169035
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x1698D6
setvar 0x8004 0x0
special2 LASTRESULT 0xD4
copyvar 0x8008 0x8005
copyvar 0x8009 0x8006
buffernumber 0x0 0x8008
buffernumber 0x1 0x8009
compare 0x8009 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x81699FB
goto 0x8169903
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x16961E
msgbox 0x818E405 '"OAK: Oh, [player]!\nHow is my old P..."
callstd 0x4
textcolor 0x3
fanfare 0x105
msgbox2 0x818E4AF '"[player] delivered OAK'S PARCEL."
waitmsgbox
waitfanfare
call 0x81A6675
removeitem 0x15D 0x1
msgbox 0x818E4CA '"Ah! \nIt's the coccons I ordered!\p..."
callstd 0x4
playsong 0x13B 0x0
msgbox 0x818DE8D '"[rival]: Gramp--P[rival]: I almost ..."
callstd 0x4
closeonkeypress
compare PLAYERFACING 0x2
if 0x1 call 0x8169A82
compare PLAYERFACING 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x8169AC1
compare PLAYERFACING 0x4
if 0x1 call 0x8169A9E
compare PLAYERFACING 0x3
if 0x1 call 0x8169A9E
fadedefault
msgbox 0x818DE99 '"[rival]: I almost forgot!\nWhat did..."
callstd 0x4
closeonkeypress
pause 0x1E
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x4 0x81A75DB
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x81A75DD
waitmovement 0x0
compare PLAYERFACING 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x8169ADD
compare PLAYERFACING 0x4
if 0x1 call 0x8169B14
compare PLAYERFACING 0x3
if 0x1 call 0x8169AF5
compare PLAYERFACING 0x2
if 0x1 call 0x8169B86
msgbox 0x818E508 '"OAK: Oh, right!\nI have a request f..."
callstd 0x4
closeonkeypress
compare PLAYERFACING 0x2
if 0x1 call 0x8169882
compare PLAYERFACING 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x816988D
compare PLAYERFACING 0x4
if 0x1 call 0x81698A6
compare PLAYERFACING 0x3
if 0x1 call 0x81698B8
msgbox 0x818E536 '"On the desk there is my invention,\..."
callstd 0x4
closeonkeypress
pause 0x28
msgbox 0x818E5C5 '"OAK: [player] and [rival].\nTake th..."
callstd 0x4
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0x4 0x81A75E9
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x9
pause 0xA
hidesprite 0xA
pause 0x19
compare PLAYERFACING 0x2
if 0x1 call 0x8169845
compare PLAYERFACING 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x8169850
compare PLAYERFACING 0x4
if 0x1 call 0x816985B
compare PLAYERFACING 0x3
if 0x1 call 0x816986D
pause 0xA
textcolor 0x3
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox2 0x818E5EA '"[player] received the POKéDEX\nfrom..."
waitmsgbox
waitfanfare
call 0x81A6675
setflag 0x829
special 0x181
special 0x16F
setvar 0x407C 0x1
msgbox 0x818E612 '"OAK: You can't get detailed data\no..."
callstd 0x4
additem 0x4 0x5
msgbox 0x818E6B3 '"[player] received five POKé BALLS."
call 0x80011A00
goto 0x80021A00
nop1
nop1
callstd 0x9
msgbox 0x818E6D0 '"When a wild POKéMON appears,\nit's ..."
callstd 0x4
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x1
special 0x173
msgbox 0x818E784 '"To make a complete guide on all\nth..."
callstd 0x4
msgbox 0x818DEC8 '"[rival]: All right, Prof!\nLeave it..."
callstd 0x4
compare PLAYERFACING 0x2
if 0x1 call 0x8169B33
compare PLAYERFACING 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x8169B45
compare PLAYERFACING 0x4
if 0x1 call 0x8169B57
compare PLAYERFACING 0x3
if 0x1 call 0x8169B57
msgbox 0x818DEF3 '"[player], I hate to say it, but you..."
callstd 0x4
closeonkeypress
playsong 0x13C 0x0
compare PLAYERFACING 0x2
if 0x1 call 0x8169B69
compare PLAYERFACING 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x8169B7B
compare PLAYERFACING 0x4
if 0x1 call 0x8169B7B
compare PLAYERFACING 0x3
if 0x1 call 0x8169B7B
hidesprite 0x8
fadedefault
setvar 0x4055 0x6
setvar 0x4057 0x2
setvar 0x4051 0x1
setvar 0x4058 0x1
setvar 0x4054 0x1
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x169614
msgbox 0x818E3AD '"OAK: [player], raise your young\nPO..."
callstd 0x4
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x16960A
msgbox 0x818E330 '"OAK: If a wild POKéMON appears,\nyo..."
callstd 0x4
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x1A737B

'-----------------------
#org 0x169913
closeonkeypress
'-----------------------
#org 0x1699F9
release
'-----------------------
#org 0x169035
msgbox 0x818EE60 '"Recently, there have been sightings..."
'-----------------------
#org 0x1699FB
special 0x187
'-----------------------
#org 0x1A6675
copyvar 0x8012 0x8013
'-----------------------
#org 0x169A82
movesprite2 0x8 0x5 0xA
'-----------------------
#org 0x169AC1
movesprite2 0x8 0x6 0xA
'-----------------------
#org 0x169A9E
movesprite2 0x8 0x6 0xA
'-----------------------
#org 0x169ADD
applymovement 0x4 0x81A75E1
'-----------------------
#org 0x169B14
applymovement 0x4 0x81A75E1
'-----------------------
#org 0x169AF5
applymovement 0x4 0x81A75E1
'-----------------------
#org 0x169B86
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x81A75E9
'-----------------------
#org 0x169882
applymovement 0x4 0x81698CB
'-----------------------
#org 0x16988D
applymovement 0x4 0x81698D0
'-----------------------
#org 0x1698A6
applymovement 0x4 0x81698CB
'-----------------------
#org 0x1698B8
applymovement 0x4 0x81698CB
'-----------------------
#org 0x169845
applymovement 0x4 0x816987C
'-----------------------
#org 0x169850
applymovement 0x4 0x816987F
'-----------------------
#org 0x16985B
applymovement 0x4 0x816987C
'-----------------------
#org 0x16986D
applymovement 0x4 0x816987C
'-----------------------
#org 0x169B33
applymovement 0x8 0x81A75E1
'-----------------------
#org 0x169B45
applymovement 0x8 0x81A75E9
'-----------------------
#org 0x169B57
applymovement 0x8 0x81A75E1
'-----------------------
#org 0x169B69
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8169B91
'-----------------------
#org 0x169B7B
applymovement 0x8 0x8169BA4

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x1A75DB
#raw 62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
#raw FE 'End of Movements

#org 0x1A75DD
#raw 1C 'Delay5
#raw 1C 'Delay5
#raw 1C 'Delay5
#raw FE 'End of Movements

#org 0x1A75E9
#raw 2E 'Face Up (Delayed)
#raw FE 'End of Movements

#org 0x1A75E1
#raw 4A 'Face Player
#raw FE 'End of Movements

#org 0x1698CB
#raw 11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 1C 'Delay5
#raw 2D 'Face Down (Delayed)
#raw FE 'End of Movements

#org 0x1698D0
#raw 12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 1C 'Delay5
#raw 30 'Face Right (Delayed)
#raw FE 'End of Movements

#org 0x16987C
#raw 13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw FE 'End of Movements

#org 0x16987F
#raw 10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw FE 'End of Movements

#org 0x169B91
#raw 1A 'Delay3
#raw 2D 'Face Down (Delayed)
#raw FE 'End of Movements

#org 0x169BA4
#raw 10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw FE 'End of Movements


'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x18E116
= OAK: Now, [player].\pInside those three POKé BALLS are\nPOKéMON.\pCute ones too.\pWhich one will you choose?

#org 0x1A72AD
= Thank you, [player]!\nSincerely, thank you!\lYou've made my dream a reality!

#org 0x18E871
= o to fulfill my\ndream for me.

#org 0x18EDF5
= Ah, now this is excellent!\p[player], I have another important\nfavor to ask of you.\pI need you to listen closely.

#org 0x18E405
= OAK: Oh, [player]!\nHow is my old POKéMON?\pWell, it seems to be growing more\nattached to you.\pYou must be talented as a POKéMON\nTRAINER.\pWhat's that?\nYou have something for me?

#org 0x18E4AF
= [player] delivered OAK'S PARCEL.

#org 0x18E4CA
= Ah! \nIt's the coccons I ordered!\pThey're for my genetic experiOAK: Oh, right!\nI have a request for you two.

#org 0x18DE8D
= [rival]: Gramp--P[rival]: I almost forgot!\nWhat did you call me for?

#org 0x18DE99
= [rival]: I almost forgot!\nWhat did you call me for?

#org 0x18E508
= OAK: Oh, right!\nI have a request for you two.

#org 0x18E536
= On the desk there is my invention,\nthe POKéDEX!\pIt automatically records data on\nPOKéMON you've seen or caught.\nMore on the ones you've caught.OAK: [player] and [rival].\nTake these with you.

#org 0x18E5C5
= OAK: [player] and [rival].\nTake these with you.

#org 0x18E5EA
= [player] received the POKéDEX\nfrom PROF. OAK.

#org 0x18E612
= OAK: You can't get detailed data\non POKéMON by just seeing them.\pYou must catch them to obtain\ncomplete data.\nThey need to be weighed and such.\pSo, here are some[player] received five POKé BALLS.

#org 0x18E6B3
= [player] received five POKé BALLS.

#org 0x18E6D0
= When a wild POKéMON appears,\nit's fair game.\p

#org 0x18E784
= To make a complete guide on all\nthe POKéMON in the world[.]\pThat was my dream!\pBut, I'm too old. And I've rediscovered my BUG POKéMON love.\nI can't get the job done\n- my little buggy-wuggies won't take care of themselves.\pSo, I want you two to fulfill my\ndream for me.

#org 0x18DEC8
= [rival]: All right, Prof!\nLeave it all to me!

#org 0x18DEF3
= [player], I hate to say it, but you\nwon't be necessary for this.\pI know! I'll borrow a TOWN MAP\nfrom my sister!\pI'll tell her not to lend you one,\n[player]! Hahaha!\pDon't bother coming around to\nmy place after this!

#org 0x18E3AD
= OAK: [player], raise your young\nPOKéMON by making it battle.\pIt has to battle for it to grow.

#org 0x18E330
= OAK: If a wild POKéMON appears,\nyour POKéMON can battle it.\pWith it at your side, you should be\nable to reach the next town.

#org 0x18EE60
= Recently, there have been sightings\nof even more rare POKéMON species.\pI'm talking about POKéMON that\nhave never been seen in KANTO.\pI would love to go see things for\nmyself, but I'm much too old.\pSince I can't do it, [player], I'd\nlike you to go in my place

[rival]: Hey, I heard that!\pProf, what's with favoring\n[player] over me all the time?\pI went and collected more POKéMON,\nand faster, too.\pYou should just let me handle\neverything.
  #6262    
Old November 19th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Nate VonGrimm's Avatar
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Uxbridge
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I am in need of some help.

I need to know how to add 'crys' to a script.
And also how do I find out the cry number for each Pokemon?

If someone could help me in Pokescript format, that would be nice.
But I will accept XSE format as well.

Please help =]
__________________
Currently working on a new Pokemon Hack with an in-depth story line!
That's about as much as you're going to get for now...


  #6263    
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:03 AM
BlueEyedNinetales
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Gender: Female
I need some help, every time I put a script tile with a flag in it, the script plays normally, but when I check to see if the flag has been set, I walk over it one way, its fine, the script will not play, but if I walk over it any other way, the script plays and I have no idea why!
Here is one of the scripts:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0x01 @move1
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @done
clearflag 0x200
release
end

#org @move1
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= Mom: Oh, hey!\nI made waffles and pancakes!\lCome, sit down!

Sorry, I don't know how to make spoilers - I'm new!
  #6264    
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:39 AM
hinkage's Avatar
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyedNinetales View Post
I need some help, every time I put a script tile with a flag in it, the script plays normally, but when I check to see if the flag has been set, I walk over it one way, its fine, the script will not play, but if I walk over it any other way, the script plays and I have no idea why!
Here is one of the scripts:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0x01 @move1
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @done
clearflag 0x200
release
end

#org @move1
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= Mom: Oh, hey!\nI made waffles and pancakes!\lCome, sit down!

Sorry, I don't know how to make spoilers - I'm new!


Just set vars instead of flags for scriptboxes. For instance, say "setvar 0x*whatevernumber* 0x1", then change the Var Number in A-Map to the one you chose, and leave the Var Value at 0. Then the script won't even be called.
__________________
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
  #6265    
Old November 21st, 2011, 07:53 AM
Bolens's Avatar
Bolens
Soul Hacker
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyedNinetales View Post
I need some help, every time I put a script tile with a flag in it, the script plays normally, but when I check to see if the flag has been set, I walk over it one way, its fine, the script will not play, but if I walk over it any other way, the script plays and I have no idea why!
Here is one of the scripts:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0x01 @move1
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @done
clearflag 0x200
release
end

#org @move1
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= Mom: Oh, hey!\nI made waffles and pancakes!\lCome, sit down!

Sorry, I don't know how to make spoilers - I'm new!
Why is there a clearflag command? That would make it keep repeating over and over whenever you step on it :/ So you first step on it, and it plays the script...then you step on it again nothing happens because it goes to @done. The problem is it clears the flag...so when you step on it again it's like stepping on the Script Tile for the first time...get rid of the clearflag 0x200
  #6266    
Old November 21st, 2011, 09:41 AM
blast_ketchup's Avatar
blast_ketchup
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
i was wondering if it's possible to make a permanent change sprite for ruby because i was going to add a store where you can buy costumes. if so can u tell me how
  #6267    
Old November 21st, 2011, 07:57 PM
cosmifox's Avatar
cosmifox
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Gender: Male
i have this script thats supposed to give you a rainbow pass but when i play the game i press a and it goes "bing" and does nothing else.

base fire red
script editor pksvui

Spoiler:
#org 0xC005A74
'-----------------------------------
nop0 ' #raw 0x0
checkflag 0x200
if true jump 0xC005A8D ' Flag is set
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 RAINBOWPASS
copyvarifnotzero 0x8001 0x1
callstd MSG_OBTAIN ' Obtained the XXXXXX!
setflag 0x200
end

#org 0xC005A8D
'-----------------------------------
end
__________________
this is a banner for my hack and that is not the starter town the starter place isn't even a town.... i don't want any helpers i'm pretty far into it.
  #6268    
Old November 22nd, 2011, 02:03 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate VonGrimm View Post
I am in need of some help.

I need to know how to add 'crys' to a script.
And also how do I find out the cry number for each Pokemon?

If someone could help me in Pokescript format, that would be nice.
But I will accept XSE format as well.

Please help =]
Well pokecries' numbers are the same as their pokedex number.
And how to do it...? The best way is to decompile some standing legendary script and you will see it for yourself =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blast_ketchup View Post
i was wondering if it's possible to make a permanent change sprite for ruby because i was going to add a store where you can buy costumes. if so can u tell me how
I'm sure it is possible with ASM routine though I'm not exactly sure that permanent change is possible...
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign
  #6269    
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Cold Ivory's Avatar
Cold Ivory
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
So, until I find the offset for var x800D in ruby, this is the script I want to use to check the level of a player's pokemon; the script should then go to different pointers depending on the level of the pokemon.

...
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x6C
if 0x1 goto @other
comparefarbytetobyte 0x30043B4 0x5
if 0x1 goto @weak
comparefarbytetobyte 0x30043B4 0x7
if 0x1 goto @strong
msgbox @2 '"Hey, we should battle sometime!"
release
end
...

When I assign this script to a person event on the map, nothing happens. The NPC looks at me, but it then goes right to the "release, end".
  #6270    
Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:03 PM
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Ivory View Post
So, until I find the offset for var x800D in ruby, this is the script I want to use to check the level of a player's pokemon; the script should then go to different pointers depending on the level of the pokemon.

...
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x6C
if 0x1 goto @other
comparefarbytetobyte 0x30043B4 0x5
if 0x1 goto @weak
comparefarbytetobyte 0x30043B4 0x7
if 0x1 goto @strong
msgbox @2 '"Hey, we should battle sometime!"
release
end
...

When I assign this script to a person event on the map, nothing happens. The NPC looks at me, but it then goes right to the "release, end".
The number you pass to "if" determines what sign you're using

0 <
1 =
2 >
3 ≤
4 ≥
5 ≠

Your script, as it is currently written, only checks if the level is exactly equal to 5 or exactly equal to 7. You also seem to have specified a string pointer, but not a message type, for "msgbox"; that needs fixing as well. (Normal message type is 0x2 IIRC.)
__________________
  #6271    
Old November 23rd, 2011, 02:55 PM
Cold Ivory's Avatar
Cold Ivory
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJCobb View Post
The number you pass to "if" determines what sign you're using

0 <
1 =
2 >
3 ≤
4 ≥
5 ≠
Thanks, good to know.
I actually think the problem is with my XSE, though, because even with pokemon at lvl 5 (and the msgbox corrected) nothing happened.
Edit: Yep, XSE and antivirus were not getting along. Script works like a dream.

Last edited by Cold Ivory; November 23rd, 2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: problem solved
  #6272    
Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:10 PM
Nate VonGrimm's Avatar
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Uxbridge
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
[FONT="Carter One"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
[COLOR="Red"][B]
Well pokecries' numbers are the same as their pokedex number.
And how to do it...? The best way is to decompile some standing legendary script and you will see it for yourself =)

Unfortunately, that's only for Pokemon up to Celebi. I want to get the cry's for the Hoenn Pokemon...
There's 25-26 (can't remember) used cries after celebi which are for the Unown I believe, then after that, the Hoenn cries are all jumbled =/
__________________
Currently working on a new Pokemon Hack with an in-depth story line!
That's about as much as you're going to get for now...


  #6273    
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:09 PM
Jay the penguin's Avatar
Jay the penguin
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
How do you make a time based event? I just put in a day and night system if fire red so how could you put in a clock too? Oh and I'm using XSE
__________________


My Hack!
Visit the thread!
  #6274    
Old November 24th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Nate VonGrimm's Avatar
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Uxbridge
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
How can I make a message appear once the screen has faded from normal to black?
Also, I don't know why my warp isn't working.
The A-Map are coordinates are:
Bank: 1
Map: 1
X: $0001
Y: $0004
XSE won't let me put 0x01 and 0x04 and I believe that is how they should be...
Pokemon Ruby if you need to know.


Spoiler:
fadescreen 0x1
msgbox 0x8804773 0x6 '"[lightgreen_rs]...This is only the..."
cry 0xFB 0x0
waitcry
warp 0x1 0x1 0xFF 0x1 0x4
release
end
__________________
Currently working on a new Pokemon Hack with an in-depth story line!
That's about as much as you're going to get for now...



Last edited by Nate VonGrimm; November 24th, 2011 at 02:42 PM.
  #6275    
Old November 24th, 2011, 09:26 PM
hinkage's Avatar
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate VonGrimm View Post
How can I make a message appear once the screen has faded from normal to black?
Also, I don't know why my warp isn't working.
The A-Map are coordinates are:
Bank: 1
Map: 1
X: $0001
Y: $0004
XSE won't let me put 0x01 and 0x04 and I believe that is how they should be...
Pokemon Ruby if you need to know.


Spoiler:
fadescreen 0x1
msgbox 0x8804773 0x6 '"[lightgreen_rs]...This is only the..."
cry 0xFB 0x0
waitcry
warp 0x1 0x1 0xFF 0x1 0x4
release
end
It looks fine... I mean, I've written messages while fadescreen'd and it works. And your warp is fine too.

Is that the whole script, or just a part? If none of it is working, the problem's probably with your XSE version or something. (I use PKSV, which, by the way, is better.)
__________________
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:41 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.