Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old March 14th, 2012 (01:57 PM).
Kariyai.
ModeratorCSEO

Quote originally posted by Rumille:
This is the current script that makes it freeze up. I'll go look into the setvar command, haven't used that yet. I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks for the replies!

Quick question about the setvar command (and setflag for that matter). How do you decide which number to use. You told me to use 7000 and the script seems to work (well, the messagebox doesn't but I'll be able to fix that I think), but how do I know what number to use? Are there numbers I cannot use? And if so, why not?
You're missing your message type from your script?

You need to put a quantifier, probably 0x6 or MSG_NORMAL in this case. It goes after the pointer.

msgbox 0x88007D4 MSG_NORMAL '"Hold on!"

Did you edit this decompiled script and take it out by accident maybe?

For flags/variables, the game itself uses many flags and variables for mechanics as well as trainers and events from FR. Whilst it might be a good idea to reuse the ones used in events generally its advantageous to start at a safe point, so you don't overwrite something important.

Flags, start 0x1000 and work your way up.
Variables I've always been told to start at 0x7000 and go up.
Old March 14th, 2012 (02:05 PM).

Quote originally posted by SwiftSign:
You're missing your message type from your script?

You need to put a quantifier, probably 0x6 or MSG_NORMAL in this case. It goes after the pointer.

msgbox 0x88007D4 MSG_NORMAL '"Hold on!"

Did you edit this decompiled script and take it out by accident maybe?

For flags/variables, the game itself uses many flags and variables for mechanics as well as trainers and events from FR. Whilst it might be a good idea to reuse the ones used in events generally its advantageous to start at a safe point, so you don't overwrite something important.

Flags, start 0x1000 and work your way up.
Variables I've always been told to start at 0x7000 and go up.
First of all, thank you. I didn't add the quantifier. Probably the dumbest mistake I made in my short, very short career as a scripter. Second of all, thank you again, I always have trouble understanding the numbers with those kind of commands.

My command now works, so I'm happy!

Quote:
'-----------------------
#org 0x800697
lockall
setvar 0x7000 0x0
msgbox 0x88007D4 '"Hold on!"
callstd 0x2
applymovement 0x1 0x88007A2
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x88007D1
pause 0x30
msgbox 0x88007DE '"You need a Pokémon before you do an..."
callstd 0x2
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800819
releaseall
end

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x8007A2
#raw 13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw FE 'End of Movements

#org 0x8007D1
#raw 2 'Face Left

#org 0x800819

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8007D4
= Hold on!

#org 0x8007DE
= You need a Pokémon before you do anything else. Follow me.
For the people who wonder what I changed, this is the command as it is now.
Old March 15th, 2012 (04:04 AM). Edited March 15th, 2012 by aljohnston112.

Nature: Naughty
[QUOTE=SwiftSign;7083802]M onspot_left is turn left right?

If that's the case then the problem is quite obviously your pointers - all your pointers are set to 0x8EB0DD0, which is all 'turn left'. You haven't given them another movement option.

Spoiler:
#org 0x8EB0C10
'-----------------------------------
lock
checkflag 0x1001
if true jump 0x8EB0D00 ' Flag is set
applymovement 0x1 0x8EB0E00 ' onspot_left raw_FF r...
pause 0x10
msgbox 0x8EB0E30 ' Dang!\nIt bounced of...
callstd MSG_NORMAL ' Built-in lock command
applymovement 0x4 0x8EB0E00 ' onspot_left raw_FF r...
pause 0x10
msgbox 0x8EB0E70 ' My turn next!
applymovement 0x1 0x8EB0E00 ' onspot_left raw_FF r...
pause 0x10
msgbox 0x8EB0EA0 ' Think you can do it?
applymovement 0x4 0x8EB0E00 ' onspot_left raw_FF r...
pause 0x10
msgbox 0x8EB0EE0 ' Be quiet.\nI'm gonna...
applymovement 0x4 0x8EB0FA0 ' onspot_left raw_FF r...
pause 0x10
applymovement 0x5 0x8EB0FD0 ' raw_FF raw_FF raw_FF...
pause 0x30
checksound
cry NIDORINO 0x2
waitcry
playsound 0x2 0x2
battle NIDORINO 3 NONE
special BATTLE_PIXELLATE
waitspecial
setflag 0x1001
special2 0x999 0xB4
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if == jump 0x8EB0D70 ' Equal To
compare LASTRESULT 0x4
if == jump 0x8EB0F00 ' Equal To
release
end

#org 0x8EB0D00
faceplayer
msgbox 0x8EB0D30 ' I almost had that Ni...
release
end

#org 0x8EB0D70
msgbox 0x8EB0DC0
fadescreen 0x0
disappear 0x1
disappear 0x2
disappear 0x3
disappear 0x4
disappear 0x5
release
end

#org 0x8EB0D30
= I almost had that Nidorino!

#org 0x8EB0EE0
= Be quiet.\nI'm gonna catch this\lpokemon and make it my pet!\lHere goes!\l...\lWh-?\lIt bounced off again...?\lWhat?\lYou think you can do it?\lJust you try!

#org 0x8EB0E70
= My turn next!

#org 0x8EB0E30
= Dang!\nIt bounced off again!

#org 0x8EB0EA0
= Think you can do it?

#org 0x8EB0DC0
= That was cool Red!\lAwesome!

#org 0x8EB0E00
M onspot_left

#org 0x8EB0FA0
M walk_down

#org 0x8EB0FD0
M walk_right_fast walk_right_fast walk_right_fast

Even now after I give them other move options they still don't do the other moves, just their first ones.
Oh, and it's not turn left, it walk left while in place.
Old March 15th, 2012 (07:52 AM).

Ok, I've got the movement script working, I get warped into the room I wanted at the position I wanted. But what I want now, is that the moment I get into that room, I continue walking to the place I have in mind, just like you do in Oak's Lab. Except, I have no idea how to do that. I think I have to use a map script, the one used in the Header, but how do I make sure it doesn't begin every time I enter that particular map? Do I have to use flags, variables or something like that?

In short: I want a script that starts the second I enter the room, but only activates once. I'm not looking for a complete script, just a few pointers on how to start.

Thanks in advance!
Old March 15th, 2012 (08:08 AM).
ModeratorCSGT

Ok, I've got the movement script working, I get warped into the room I wanted at the position I wanted. But what I want now, is that the moment I get into that room, I continue walking to the place I have in mind, just like you do in Oak's Lab. Except, I have no idea how to do that. I think I have to use a map script, the one used in the Header, but how do I make sure it doesn't begin every time I enter that particular map? Do I have to use flags, variables or something like that?

In short: I want a script that starts the second I enter the room, but only activates once. I'm not looking for a complete script, just a few pointers on how to start.

Thanks in advance!
For a level script to only occur once, at this at the beginning of the script:

Code:
#org @setup
#raw 0x2
#raw pointer @setup1
#raw 0x0

#org @setup1
#raw word 0x7000 //This variable can be whatever you like, but it has to be set to 0x1 sometime in the script.
#raw word 0x0
#raw pointer @start
#raw word 0x0

#org @start
Then you can add the rest of the script as usual. Make sure you include the "setvar 0x7000 0x1" part in the script, though!

Compile this script, then paste the offset in the Map Script Offset box in AdvanceMap's Header tab of the map you want the script to take place in. Remember to go into Professional View to find the box (Ctrl+H).
Old March 15th, 2012 (08:54 AM).
Monster Raving Looney

Nature: Timid
Quickie: try this link
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500

good level script tutorial with all the different types of level script available. For your script you may want to use '04 validates values' instead of the normal '02 validates values', but it will work either way.

Of course, you'll always want to use spherical ices professional method as posted above, but here's more in depth about that:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275536
Old March 16th, 2012 (06:05 AM).

I figured out the problem... finally! It turns out I just needed to add an "end" command at the end of the movements! I'm so happy!
Old March 16th, 2012 (06:22 AM).

Nature: Adamant
I really don't understand how to make/fiddle with movement scripts. For example I tried editing Prof.Oak's in the beginning by writing walk_right an extra few times so that he would correctly meet my spot.. but instead he walked down all the way off the screen?
Old March 16th, 2012 (07:16 AM).

Quote originally posted by iRyahn:
I really don't understand how to make/fiddle with movement scripts. For example I tried editing Prof.Oak's in the beginning by writing walk_right an extra few times so that he would correctly meet my spot.. but instead he walked down all the way off the screen?
There could be multiple problems here. Are you sure the offset pointer is equal to the offset of the script? If so then I'm guessing that you are overwriting the offset at some point. I had this problem before I learned how to read hex. Anyway, another script you wrote, it could have written over the offset you are using changing the desired results. I would suggest learning about hex if that's the case. I'll always be glad to help. To check this just decompile your script after saving it and if it changes then that's probably the problem.
Old March 16th, 2012 (09:58 AM).
Kariyai.
ModeratorCSEO

I've been trying to change the location (and which facing behaviour) of a sprite on the map by writing new bytes over the old data ala:
writebytetooffset 0x13 0x87297B4
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x87297B6
writebytetooffset 0x8 0x87297B9

However it doesn't seem to be working... The address in the compiled script is right, I've double checked everything.

It comes at the end of a talking script, just for testing purposes, but on leaving/returning to the map the sprite is in exactly the same place.
Old March 16th, 2012 (01:34 PM).

I've been trying to change the location (and which facing behaviour) of a sprite on the map by writing new bytes over the old data ala:

However it doesn't seem to be working... The address in the compiled script is right, I've double checked everything.

It comes at the end of a talking script, just for testing purposes, but on leaving/returning to the map the sprite is in exactly the same place.
You could go about a different approach. You could create a new sprite just like the one you have now and give it the properties you want, and in an earlier script just set his flag number and instead of doing that you'd just have to clear his flag and set the flag of the person you want to disappear.
Old March 16th, 2012 (09:10 PM).

Ok, so I added the part to that Spherical Ice gave me and made the following script:
Quote:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @setup
#raw 0x2
#raw pointer @setup1
#raw 0x0

#org @setup1
#raw word 0x7005
#raw word 0x0
#raw pointer @start
#raw word 0x0

#org @start
lockall
setvar 0x7005 0x1
checkflag 0x1001
if 0x0 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @move1
setvar 0x7005 0x1
clearflag 0x1001
releaseall
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @1
= This way please!

#org @move1
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
After compiling however, I get 5 offsets, three of which seem to matter:
@setup 8002D5
@setup1 8002DC
@start 8002E7

Which one do I put where? And is this script even working? Cause it doesn't seem to respond if I put any of the three on the 'Script Offset 2' box in the Header (script type is 04 Validates Value, Flag=1001, Value:7005).

Oh and the Script Offset box is greyed out and has $71A276. The reason I have checkflag 0x1001, is because in the previous movement script that takes me to the map has just set the flag. So what I intended was that if the script starts it just checks to see if the flag is set. If not, just proceed with your business. If it is, the script as mentioned above is set.

Have no idea what more I can tell, so if you have any questions about the script, do ask.
Old March 17th, 2012 (01:39 AM).
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed

Have those bytes in ram turned back to normal when you re-enter the map ? If so, the game likely reads data from map header ([in ROM]) to 0x8[ROM] area of RAM memory. Basically, what I mean by this is that the map header is accessed to check what happens in the map and re-writes that data in ram memory --> ROM area section.

What you could do though is to set a script loaded from map's script header to change the location and facing of that person.

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old March 17th, 2012 (09:48 AM).

Hello world.

I really want to edit professor Birch's speech right before he gives you your first Pokemon (so not the monologue when he tells you what a Pokemon is at the beginning of the game) but I really don't know how to make him still give you the Pokemon you used before. I doubt I'm the first person to ask this, but with over 200 posts in this thread I don't have time to go through each one. If someone could show me how to write a script on PokeScript for Pokemon Ruby I would be really grateful, or if there is already an answer floating around out there, if someone could point me to it.

thanks
Old March 17th, 2012 (11:07 AM).
Monster Raving Looney

Nature: Timid
Ok, so I added the part to that Spherical Ice gave me and made the following script:

@setup 8002D5
@setup1 8002DC
@start 8002E7

Which one do I put where? And is this script even working? Cause it doesn't seem to respond if I put any of the three on the 'Script Offset 2' box in the Header (script type is 04 Validates Value, Flag=1001, Value:7005).

Oh and the Script Offset box is greyed out and has $71A276. The reason I have checkflag 0x1001, is because in the previous movement script that takes me to the map has just set the flag. So what I intended was that if the script starts it just checks to see if the flag is set. If not, just proceed with your business. If it is, the script as mentioned above is set.

Have no idea what more I can tell, so if you have any questions about the script, do ask.
I cant comment on the first part as I dont use spherical ice's method, but what I can say is that the checkflag wont work.
For some reason checkflag situations dont work in these scripts, but you can get around that using the setvar command.

var's act like the scripts flag, if it is 0x1 it wont play, if its 0x0 it will play. If you setvar 0x(7000 and up) 0x1 at the end of your script, it wont play again unless it is set back to 0x0. remember to put the var number used in the script into the var number box in A-map.

therefore you dont need a checkflag, just a setvar at the end.

Finally, I recommend re-doing the script to get rid of the wierd bug you had. try both spherical's and the traditional method and see if you get anything different.
Old March 17th, 2012 (11:14 AM).
ModeratorCSGT

@setup 8002D5
@setup1 8002DC
@start 8002E7

Then save Amap and test it out. Obviously your offset wouldn't be 123456.
Old March 17th, 2012 (11:43 AM).

Quote originally posted by Hacks0rus:
I cant comment on the first part as I dont use spherical ice's method, but what I can say is that the checkflag wont work.
For some reason checkflag situations dont work in these scripts, but you can get around that using the setvar command.

var's act like the scripts flag, if it is 0x1 it wont play, if its 0x0 it will play. If you setvar 0x(7000 and up) 0x1 at the end of your script, it wont play again unless it is set back to 0x0. remember to put the var number used in the script into the var number box in A-map.

therefore you dont need a checkflag, just a setvar at the end.

Finally, I recommend re-doing the script to get rid of the wierd bug you had. try both spherical's and the traditional method and see if you get anything different.

Well I tried, but no succes. Nothing happens. I enter the map as I should in the previous movement script. But then I enter it and nothing happens.

Quote originally posted by Spherical Ice:

Then save Amap and test it out. Obviously your offset wouldn't be 123456.
And apparently this does work! Only problem is that the script starts with the messagebox, I do the movement as given and then it freezes up again, as if it's waiting for the script to finish. The music does continue playing.

Code:
#org 0x80038D
lockall
msgbox 0x88003B7 '"This way please!"
callstd 0x4
closeonkeypress
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x88003C9
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880045B '"Ah, there you are!"
callstd 0x4
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x7005 0x1
releaseall
end
I've tried fiddling with the setvar command, the message command, but no luck. It freezes up the moment before the 'Ah, there you are!' message. I think it has to do something with the waitmovement command. When I change the waitmovement 0x0 into pause 0x250, the 'Ah, there you are!' message DOES play, but it freezes up after that...
Old March 17th, 2012 (11:55 AM).
ModeratorCSGT

Well I tried, but no succes. Nothing happens. I enter the map as I should in the previous movement script. But then I enter it and nothing happens.

And apparently this does work! Only problem is that the script starts with the messagebox, I do the movement as given and then it freezes up again, as if it's waiting for the script to finish. The music does continue playing.

Code:
#org 0x80038D
lockall
msgbox 0x88003B7 '"This way please!"
callstd 0x4
closeonkeypress
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x88003C9
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880045B '"Ah, there you are!"
callstd 0x4
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x7005 0x1
releaseall
end
I've tried fiddling with the setvar command, the message command, but no luck. It freezes up the moment before the 'Ah, there you are!' message. I think it has to do something with the waitmovement command. When I change the waitmovement 0x0 into pause 0x250, the 'Ah, there you are!' message DOES play, but it freezes up after that...
Wow, what version of XSE are you using? It looks outdated.
If it's not version 1.1.1, which I', 99% sure it isn't, then download XSE 1.1.1 here:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/lcgKM8Q5/XSE_Upload.html?

You'd then need to rewrite your script to:
Code:
#org @setup
#raw 0x2
#raw pointer @setup1
#raw 0x0

#org @setup1
#raw word 0x7000 'This is the variable you set later on in your script.
#raw word 0x0
#raw pointer @start
#raw word 0x0

#org @start
lockall
msgbox @string1 0x4
closeonkeypress
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @move1
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @string2 0x4
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x7005 0x1
releaseall
end

#org @string1
= text

#org @string2
= text

#org @move1
// movements
#raw 0xFE // you need to have #raw 0xfe at the end of movement commands.
Then everything should hopefully work.
Old March 17th, 2012 (12:04 PM).

Yeah, I got 1.0.0

Might need to get a new version. I apparently deleted 0xFE at the movement part, stupid me. But, this script keeps haunting me. Now it won't stop playing. It loops the script on and on. I can't stop it with a key press or anything, even though I have the setvar 0x7005 0x1 command.
Old March 17th, 2012 (12:06 PM).
ModeratorCSGT

Yeah, I got 1.0.0

Might need to get a new version. I apparently deleted 0xFE at the movement part, stupid me. But, this script keeps haunting me. Now it won't stop playing. It loops the script on and on. I can't stop it with a key press or anything, even though I have the setvar 0x7005 0x1 command.
Well first upgrade to 1.1.1 using the link I provided in the post above.

And it's doing that because I forgot to edit my updated script to have 7005. So the script should be this:

Code:
#org @setup
#raw 0x2
#raw pointer @setup1
#raw 0x0

#org @setup1
#raw word 0x7005
#raw word 0x0
#raw pointer @start
#raw word 0x0

#org @start
lockall
msgbox @string1 0x4
closeonkeypress
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @move1
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @string2 0x4
closeonkeypress
setvar 0x7005 0x1
releaseall
end

#org @string1
= text

#org @string2
= text

#org @move1
// movements
#raw 0xFE // you need to have #raw 0xfe at the end of movement commands.
Sorry for the typo!
Old March 17th, 2012 (12:16 PM).

And it now works perfectly.

Sir, you have made my week. Thank you so much! I've been shouting and cursing at this script for days now and it finally works. You deserve a medal!
Old March 17th, 2012 (03:57 PM).

I'm now having trouble with a script that checks to see if you have a pokemon, but it just freezes. I've tried setting the offset as the map script offset, but it doesn't work.

Spoiler:

#org 0x8EB1240
lock
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if == jump 0x8EB1420 ' Equal To
release
end

#org 0x8EB1420
msgbox 0x8EB1280 ' Can't forget Poliwhi...
callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
applymovement PLAYER 0x8EB12C0 ' walk_up end
pause 0x10
release
end

#org 0x8EB1280
= Can't forget Poliwhirl!

#org 0x8EB12C0
M walk_up end
Old March 17th, 2012 (04:23 PM). Edited March 17th, 2012 by Rumille.

I have 2 little problem with the movement script I mentioned earlier.
I have made 3 different versions, because eventually you come to a place where you have to go left, up or right.

These are the 3 versions:
Spoiler:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800697
lockall
setvar 0x7000 0x0
msgbox 0x88006DF MSG_NORMAL '"Hold on!"
applymovement 0x1 0x880072C
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800736
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8800739 MSG_NORMAL '"You need a Pokémon before you do\n..."
applymovement 0x1 0x8800776
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880077C
waitmovement 0x0
warp 0x4 0xF 0xFF 0x18 0x2
setvar 0x7000 0x1
hidesprite 0x1
updatecoins 0xE3 0xE0

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8006DF
= Hold on!

#org 0x800739
= You need a Pokémon before you do\nanything else. Follow me.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x80072C
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x800736
#raw 0x2 'Face Left

#org 0x800776
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)

#org 0x80077C

Spoiler:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800C88
lockall
setvar 0x7001 0x0
msgbox 0x8800CD1 MSG_NORMAL '"Hold on!"
applymovement 0x1 0x8800D19
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800D25
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8800CDC MSG_NORMAL '"You need a Pokémon before you do\n..."
applymovement 0x1 0x8800D28
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800D5D
waitmovement 0x0
setvar 0x7001 0x1
hidesprite 0x1

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800CD1
= Hold on!

#org 0x800CDC

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x800D19
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)

#org 0x800D25
#raw 0x2 'Face Left

#org 0x800D28

#org 0x800D5D

Spoiler:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800D65
lockall
setvar 0x7002 0x0
msgbox 0x8800DAE MSG_NORMAL '"Hold on!"
applymovement 0x1 0x8800DF6
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800E03
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8800DB9 MSG_NORMAL '"You need a Pokémon before you do\n..."
applymovement 0x1 0x8800E33
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800E3B
waitmovement 0x0
setvar 0x7002 0x1
hidesprite 0x1

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800DAE
= Hold on!

#org 0x800DB9

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x800DF6

#org 0x800E03
#raw 0x2 'Face Left

#org 0x800E33

#org 0x800E3B

The first version works perfectly. However, I can't seem to get the updatecoins line OUT of the code. Deleting and compiling doesn't seem to work, strange enough. Even worse, I can't seem to change anything anymore. I can delete 5 lines out of it and compile, but the next time I open it, the lines are just the way they were before the deleting.

Second of all, the second and third version work almost perfect, except that the sprite that talks to me (0x1) doesn't move. It does in the first one, but it does not in the second and third version. When I look at the place where it stands before the script is called, it's still there, so it's not invisible.

Any help?
Old March 17th, 2012 (04:57 PM).

I have 2 little problem with the movement script I mentioned earlier.
I have made 3 different versions, because eventually you come to a place where you have to go left, up or right.

These are the 3 versions:
Spoiler:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800697
lockall
setvar 0x7000 0x0
msgbox 0x88006DF MSG_NORMAL '"Hold on!"
applymovement 0x1 0x880072C
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800736
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8800739 MSG_NORMAL '"You need a Pokémon before you do\n..."
applymovement 0x1 0x8800776
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880077C
waitmovement 0x0
setvar 0x7000 0x1
hidesprite 0x1
updatecoins 0xE3 0xE0

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8006DF
= Hold on!

#org 0x800739

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x80072C

#org 0x800736
#raw 0x2 'Face Left

#org 0x800776

#org 0x80077C

Spoiler:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800C88
lockall
setvar 0x7001 0x0
msgbox 0x8800CD1 MSG_NORMAL '"Hold on!"
applymovement 0x1 0x8800D19
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800D25
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8800CDC MSG_NORMAL '"You need a Pokémon before you do\n..."
applymovement 0x1 0x8800D28
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800D5D
waitmovement 0x0
setvar 0x7001 0x1
hidesprite 0x1

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800CD1
= Hold on!

#org 0x800CDC

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x800D19
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)

#org 0x800D25
#raw 0x2 'Face Left

#org 0x800D28

#org 0x800D5D

Spoiler:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800D65
lockall
setvar 0x7002 0x0
msgbox 0x8800DAE MSG_NORMAL '"Hold on!"
applymovement 0x1 0x8800DF6
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800E03
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8800DB9 MSG_NORMAL '"You need a Pokémon before you do\n..."
applymovement 0x1 0x8800E33
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800E3B
waitmovement 0x0
setvar 0x7002 0x1
hidesprite 0x1

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800DAE
= Hold on!

#org 0x800DB9

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x800DF6

#org 0x800E03
#raw 0x2 'Face Left

#org 0x800E33

#org 0x800E3B

The first version works perfectly. However, I can't seem to get the updatecoins line OUT of the code. Deleting and compiling doesn't seem to work, strange enough. Even worse, I can't seem to change anything anymore. I can delete 5 lines out of it and compile, but the next time I open it, the lines are just the way they were before the deleting.

Second of all, the second and third version work almost perfect, except that the sprite that talks to me (0x1) doesn't move. It does in the first one, but it does not in the second and third version. When I look at the place where it stands before the script is called, it's still there, so it's not invisible.

Any help?
For the first code, you probably just need an end. It continues to run when it decompiles. The end tells it to stop.
Old March 17th, 2012 (05:43 PM). Edited March 17th, 2012 by Rumille.

Nope. I can delete the script untill I only have

lockall
releaseall
end

But after I enter the script without the other line and with releaseall and end, releaseall/end turns into the updatecoins line.

Edit: Without the setvar 0x7000 0x1 line it works without adding the updatecoins line, but then I have the problem of the script repeating itself everytime I step on the scripttile.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links