The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #7251    
Old August 24th, 2012 (03:35 AM).
Vespertine's Avatar
Vespertine
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Male
I'm trying to get a sprite to check the player for the EARTHBADGE (which I have renamed the HYDROBADGE) and then disappear if the player has it. I've tried writing my own script, but the only thing that happens is the game freezes when you attempt to talk the sprite. Can somebody please fix the error(s) in my script, and tell me what I need to change.

Here's my script:
Code:
'-----------------------
#org 0x2D8438
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x827
if 0x0 goto 0x2D8458
if 0x1 goto 0x2D8448
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x2D8458
callstd 0x4
msgbox 0x2D8478
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x2D8448
msgbox 0x2D8468
waitmsgbox
fanfare 0x101
waitfanfare
waitkeypress
release
hidesprite 0x3
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x2D8478
= Sorry, I can't let you through\nuntil you have defeated FYFE.\pThere are some tough trainers\nalong this ROAD!

#org 0x2D8468
= Well done for defeating FYFE!\pYou may pass now!
  #7252    
Old August 24th, 2012 (10:33 AM).
iLoveHate's Avatar
iLoveHate
Hmmmmmm.... :D
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Holland :D
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to iLoveHate
Quote:

I'm trying to get a sprite to check the player for the EARTHBADGE (which I have renamed the HYDROBADGE) and then disappear if the player has it. I've tried writing my own script, but the only thing that happens is the game freezes when you attempt to talk the sprite. Can somebody please fix the error(s) in my script, and tell me what I need to change.
Haia vespertine, maybe i can help.

this was your script i see
Spoiler:

'-----------------------
#org 0x2D8438
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x827
if 0x0 goto 0x2D8458
if 0x1 goto 0x2D8448
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x2D8458
callstd 0x4
msgbox 0x2D8478
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x2D8448
msgbox 0x2D8468
waitmsgbox
fanfare 0x101
waitfanfare
waitkeypress
release
hidesprite 0x3
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x2D8478
= Sorry, I can't let you through\nuntil you have defeated FYFE.\pThere are some tough trainers\nalong this ROAD!

#org 0x2D8468
= Well done for defeating FYFE!\pYou may pass now!


First off, are you using XSE? i recommend xse 1.1.1
what was the offset number? was in above 800000

maybe you can try this:

Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x827
if 0x0 goto @notyet
msgbox @welldone 0x4
closeonkeypress
fanfare 0x101
waitfanfare
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x07
setflag 0x101
fadescreen 0x0
release
end

#org @welldone
= Well done for defeating FYFE!\pYou may pass now!

#org @notyet
msgbox @no 0x4
closeonkeypress
release
end

#org @no
= Sorry, I can't let you through\nuntil you have defeated FYFE.\pThere are some tough trainers\nalong this ROAD!


A little explanation:
#dynamic 0x800000[b: looking for offset 800000 or higher.
checkflag 0x827: I guess that has to be the hydrobadge.
msgbox @welldone 0x4: the 0x4 is the same ass callstd 4 alwats use 'closeonkeypress' after using the 0x4
hidesprite: is the person event no
setflag 0x101: im using this 1 to make the sprite dis-appear forever so it wont re-appear when you walk. the 0x1 is the person ID
fadescreen: i guess that isnt hard to find out.



I hope it helped, i just tested it. it worked for me, but be sure using xse with this script above. if you want xse 1.1.1 and cant find the download just ask me oki?
  #7253    
Old August 24th, 2012 (01:12 PM).
Vespertine's Avatar
Vespertine
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Male
Hi there, thank you so much for your help! When I use your script however the messagebox does not pop up, and the sprite just disappears and then reappears once you walk through it (without saying the messages or whatever). The fanfare does play however. This is what my script is after I made the necessary alterations (sprite number etc):

Code:
#dynamic 0x2D84E4

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x827
if 0x0 goto @notyet
msgbox @welldone 0x4
closeonkeypress
fanfare 0x101
waitfanfare
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x3
setflag 0x301
fadescreen 0x0
release
end

#org @welldone
= Well done for defeating FYFE!\pYou may pass now!

#org @notyet
msgbox @no 0x4
closeonkeypress
release
end

#org @no
= Sorry, I can't let you through\nuntil you have defeated FYFE.\pThere  are some tough trainers\nalong this ROAD!
I edited lines;
0013: hidesprite 0x1 to hidesprite 0x3 (as the sprite's number is 3)
0014: setflag 0x101 to setflag 0x301 (as the sprite's number is 3)

Can you please tell me what I have done to cause an error? Thanks for your help!
  #7254    
Old August 25th, 2012 (12:31 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespertine View Post
0014: setflag 0x101 to setflag 0x301 (as the sprite's number is 3)
Um... you don't need to care about OW's number when you are assigning a flag o.O
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #7255    
Old August 25th, 2012 (01:00 AM).
PokemonMasters's Avatar
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nuvema Town, Unova
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
anyone know how to make a mughshot before a battle? i know you neeed to make some kind of script for it. like before battling it shows both trainers pic with a vs sign.
__________________

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
  #7256    
Old August 25th, 2012 (02:09 AM).
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
anyone know how to make a mughshot before a battle? i know you neeed to make some kind of script for it. like before battling it shows both trainers pic with a vs sign.
I think you need to do this...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=240183

It's really hard cause you need ASM to do that, cause there's no such command in XSE...
__________________
  #7257    
Old August 26th, 2012 (09:42 AM).
Darkrai87
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai87 View Post
Alright, I'm kind of having the same problem as EHero except I'm using Emerald. Everything works fine until the nicknaming part where nothing happens. I'm pretty sure I'm using the wrong script for nicknaming because I don't know what the offset for the nicknaming script in Emerald is. Could anyone help me? I know my pointers are a bit confusing... xD

Spoiler:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x860
if 0x1 goto @gipokemon1
msgbox @hallo 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @gepokemon1
msgbox @hallo2 0x6
release
end

#org @gepokemon1
givepokemon 0x199 0x64 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @hallo3 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x860
msgbox @hallo4 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @hallo5
msgbox @hallo6 0x6
release
end

#org @hallo5
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @gipokemon1
msgbox @hallo7 0x6
release
end

#org @hallo
= I found this Jirachi in space! Do\nyou want it? O:

#org @hallo2
= Okay, but this is your only chance\nto get this amazing pokemon!

#org @hallo3
= [black_fr]You received a Jirachi!

#org @hallo4
= [black_fr]Would you like to give a\nnickname to Jirachi?

#org @hallo6
= You made a good choice my friend.\n(:

#org @hallo7
= I don't have anymore Jirachis.\nSorry! ):


Edit:
Alright, having another problem with wildbattle. Script will be below. I have a charizard sitting in my character's room and have a Lv. 100 Swampert in my front slot with the Pokemon Menu enabled. I have the charizard's sprite set to Person ID 0200 and Movement type as Look Around. However, when I try to interact with the charizard and it just beeps and no text or anything happens. I can only think of two problems; 1. I screwed up in scripting or 2. I can't cause a battle because it's in the player's room. Can anyone help me out with this as well?

Spoiler:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @danke 0x6
cry 0x6 0x0
wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @danke
= CHARIZARD: Meep.
Would really like help with this if anyone could! Thanks.
__________________
Currently playing through: Pokemon Flora Sky
  #7258    
Old August 26th, 2012 (06:15 PM).
destinedjagold's Avatar
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai87 View Post
Would really like help with this if anyone could! Thanks.
probably replace the "gosub" with "call"...

for the second one, I think you probably gave charizard the wrong offset in a-map.
__________________
  #7259    
Old August 27th, 2012 (12:22 PM).
Darkrai87
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post


probably replace the "gosub" with "call"...

for the second one, I think you probably gave charizard the wrong offset in a-map.
All the "gosub" is doing is going to the @hallo5 pointer and using "call" to execute "0x1A74EB". I have gotten this to work perfectly in FireRed. If I wanted the code to be cleaner I could just use "call" but this is just basic practice. The problem is "0x1A74EB" isn't the nickname script in Pokemon Emerald, and I need to know what it is for the first script to work. I really don't want to get into making a custom naming script quite yet, though if I really have to I guess I can.

As for the second one, you're probably right because I've also gotten this to work in FireRed. Thanks for the helpo. ^-^
__________________
Currently playing through: Pokemon Flora Sky
  #7260    
Old August 27th, 2012 (01:33 PM).
Infamously's Avatar
Infamously
Infamous me
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai87 View Post
All the "gosub" is doing is going to the @hallo5 pointer and using "call" to execute "0x1A74EB". I have gotten this to work perfectly in FireRed. If I wanted the code to be cleaner I could just use "call" but this is just basic practice. The problem is "0x1A74EB" isn't the nickname script in Pokemon Emerald, and I need to know what it is for the first script to work. I really don't want to get into making a custom naming script quite yet, though if I really have to I guess I can.

As for the second one, you're probably right because I've also gotten this to work in FireRed. Thanks for the helpo. ^-^
For the first script, why don't you de-compile an in-game script in your ROM and search of the offset pointing to the nicknaming feature (ultimately the script that asks whether you want to nickname your starter)? IIRC, the nickname bit (the called part) requires you to set a few variables. I'm not sure what those variables are, though.
  #7261    
Old August 28th, 2012 (01:48 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai87 View Post
All the "gosub" is doing is going to the @hallo5 pointer and using "call" to execute "0x1A74EB". I have gotten this to work perfectly in FireRed. If I wanted the code to be cleaner I could just use "call" but this is just basic practice. The problem is "0x1A74EB" isn't the nickname script in Pokemon Emerald, and I need to know what it is for the first script to work. I really don't want to get into making a custom naming script quite yet, though if I really have to I guess I can.

As for the second one, you're probably right because I've also gotten this to work in FireRed. Thanks for the helpo. ^-^
For some reason, nicknaming in custom scripts sometimes glitches... :/
If it's not really neccessary, you should omit it in your scripts and leave nicknaming to name rater.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #7262    
Old August 28th, 2012 (08:10 AM).
robosllim's Avatar
robosllim
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Reposting my question.

I'm a bit new to scripting and I'm having trouble with this one.
I'm writing in XSE for a FireRed hack. The script is fired off by a trigger/"green S" tile.

What I want to happen is, after the right flags are set, have a person walk toward the player, say something, then initiate a battle. I've looked at the scripts for the Giovanni Silph Co. battle as well as the Pokemon Tower rival battle for comparison but can't see where the important differences are. My script is below (the overuse of #raw 62 is just filler from debugging).

The trigger behaves well enough before I have the flag set, so that works, at least. But once I set the flag, everything just freezes. Nobody moves, and no battle begins. I tried attaching the script to a person event, but that makes the person move without initiating the battle.

Spoiler:
Code:
'-----------------------
#org 0x8004F8
checkflag 0x1000
if 0x0 goto @end
checkflag 0x1010
if 0x1 goto @end
lock
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x88004F6
applymovement 0x1 0x880036E
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x5
msgbox 0x8800374 '"asdf..."
callstd 0x4
setvar LASTTALKED 0x1
trainerbattle 0x3 0x1 0x0 0x88003DF
msgbox 0x88003F4 '"asdf..."
callstd 0x4
closeonkeypress
fadescreen 0x1
setflag 0x1010
hidesprite 0x1
hidesprite 0x2
hidesprite 0x3
fadescreen 0x0
release
end

'-----------------------
#org @end
release
end


'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x8004F6
#raw 62 'Exclamation Mark (!)

#org 0x80036E
#raw 62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
#raw D 'Step Up (Slow)
#raw F 'Step Right (Slow)
#raw 1 'Face Up
#raw 62 'Exclamation Mark (!)


'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800374
= asdf

#org 0x8003DF
= asdf

#org 0x8003F4
= asdf
  #7263    
Old August 28th, 2012 (08:34 AM).
ManekenT
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
I have a problem while scripting. After compiling, some random lines are added.
Example:
Code:
#org 0x2DD1F0
msgbox 0x8000006 0x69 '"-¿\h69\h9A1ï\h3D\h84\h82\h0A\h84pÌ..."
setvar 0x7000 0x1
goto 0x82DD203

'---------------
#org 0x2DD203
msgbox 0x8000006 0x69 '"-¿\h69\h9A1ï\h3D\h84\h82\h0A\h84pÌ..."
setvar 0x7000 0x1
goto 0x82DD216
Or some random commands like "updatecoins" appear.
I dont know what i am doing wrong. Please help me!

Game: FireRed
Type: Trigger
Editor: XSE

Thanks in advance, ManekenT
  #7264    
Old August 28th, 2012 (10:15 AM).
Infamously's Avatar
Infamously
Infamous me
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManekenT View Post
I have a problem while scripting. After compiling, some random lines are added.
Example:
Code:
#org 0x2DD1F0
msgbox 0x8000006 0x69 '"-¿\h69\h9A1ï\h3D\h84\h82\h0A\h84pÌ..."
setvar 0x7000 0x1
goto 0x82DD203

'---------------
#org 0x2DD203
msgbox 0x8000006 0x69 '"-¿\h69\h9A1ï\h3D\h84\h82\h0A\h84pÌ..."
setvar 0x7000 0x1
goto 0x82DD216
Or some random commands like "updatecoins" appear.
I dont know what i am doing wrong. Please help me!

Game: FireRed
Type: Trigger
Editor: XSE

Thanks in advance, ManekenT
Would you mind posting the whole script? Or is that bit you posted the full script?
  #7265    
Old August 28th, 2012 (01:43 PM).
thanethane98's Avatar
thanethane98
Self Proclaimed Expert
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManekenT View Post
I have a problem while scripting. After compiling, some random lines are added.
Example:
Code:
#org 0x2DD1F0
msgbox 0x8000006 0x69 '"-¿\h69\h9A1ï\h3D\h84\h82\h0A\h84pÌ..."
setvar 0x7000 0x1
goto 0x82DD203

'---------------
#org 0x2DD203
msgbox 0x8000006 0x69 '"-¿\h69\h9A1ï\h3D\h84\h82\h0A\h84pÌ..."
setvar 0x7000 0x1
goto 0x82DD216
Or some random commands like "updatecoins" appear.
I dont know what i am doing wrong. Please help me!

Game: FireRed
Type: Trigger
Editor: XSE

Thanks in advance, ManekenT
This occurs when your script runs into other data in the rom. Try recompiling it with a dynamic offset (I suggest using some around 0x740000). That should fix your issue.
__________________
Back and ROM hacking again!
  #7266    
Old August 30th, 2012 (01:03 PM).
Darkrai87
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamously View Post


For the first script, why don't you de-compile an in-game script in your ROM and search of the offset pointing to the nicknaming feature (ultimately the script that asks whether you want to nickname your starter)? IIRC, the nickname bit (the called part) requires you to set a few variables. I'm not sure what those variables are, though.
I've this a couple of times with Steven's Beldum script. I can't seem to find it, but I'll try checking the starter script. Thanks. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

For some reason, nicknaming in custom scripts sometimes glitches... :/
If it's not really neccessary, you should omit it in your scripts and leave nicknaming to name rater.
Meh, I will if ever decide to seriously make a rom hack; right now I'm just mostly scripting in a linear fashion based on diego's tutorial. Thanks~
__________________
Currently playing through: Pokemon Flora Sky
  #7267    
Old August 31st, 2012 (09:49 AM).
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
I have made a script, but when I use it nothing happend... What's wrong?

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x1100
if 0x1 goto @done2
checkflag 0x820
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x05 @move1
waitmovement 0x0
lock
faceplayer
message @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org @talk1
= You don't have your first badge!

#org @move1
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @move
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @done
lock
faceplayer
message @1 0x6
givepokemon 0x385 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
message @2 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x1100
message @3 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
message @4 0x6
release
end

#org @done2
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @1
= I see you have your first badge!\nNow I have something for you!

#org @2
= [black_fr]You received a Castform!

#org @3
= [black_fr]Would you like to give a\nnickname to Castform?

#org @4
= Please take care of Castform!
__________________
  #7268    
Old August 31st, 2012 (10:28 AM).
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
^Looks to me like it's a flag problem. Check to see if the flags are active.
__________________
  #7269    
Old August 31st, 2012 (11:31 AM).
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
^Looks to me like it's a flag problem. Check to see if the flags are active.
I have tried different flags, so I don't think that's te problem...
__________________
  #7270    
Old August 31st, 2012 (09:20 PM).
awipe1's Avatar
awipe1
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Someone please, I'm begging you, PLEASE, show me how to make a pick up item script! I have been looking for 4 days now and no where online shows how to make a pick up item script! I am about to go insane! This is what I want to happen. Player goes up to the item on the ground, picks it up, and the player has the item. I am trying to make the player pick up 5 pokeballs right now and I am having troubles! =( Here is my script:

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1201
if 0x01 goto $done
giveitem 0x04 0x05
boxset 6
setflag 0x1201
removesprite 0x5
release
end

#org $done
removesprite 0x5
boxset 6
release
end

What happens is after I pick up the pokeball, i get my items but the sprite is still there and the sprite is only removed after I leave the screen, How do I make the sprite leave ASAP? Please help me!

I am new to this site so Idk how everything works, but if you know how to fix this problem, please PM me or reply here!
  #7271    
Old September 1st, 2012 (01:14 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
I would first suggest giving up on Pokescript since it's buggy as hell and go for XSE.
After you do that, you will see that all you need is one giveitem command and a flag and everything will be the way you want.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #7272    
Old September 1st, 2012 (02:25 AM). Edited September 1st, 2012 by iLoveHate.
iLoveHate's Avatar
iLoveHate
Hmmmmmm.... :D
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Holland :D
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to iLoveHate
Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
Someone please, I'm begging you, PLEASE, show me how to make a pick up item script! I have been looking for 4 days now and no where online shows how to make a pick up item script! I am about to go insane! This is what I want to happen. Player goes up to the item on the ground, picks it up, and the player has the item. I am trying to make the player pick up 5 pokeballs right now and I am having troubles! =( Here is my script:

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1201
if 0x01 goto $done
giveitem 0x04 0x05
boxset 6
setflag 0x1201
removesprite 0x5
release
end

#org $done
removesprite 0x5
boxset 6
release
end

What happens is after I pick up the pokeball, i get my items but the sprite is still there and the sprite is only removed after I leave the screen, How do I make the sprite leave ASAP? Please help me!

I am new to this site so Idk how everything works, but if you know how to fix this problem, please PM me or reply here!
First of you need XSE 1.1.1 not pkescript: the 1 from Wahackpokemon is v1.0.0 update it to xse 1.1.1. Then you have to make this script:

Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @script
lock
giveitem 0x04 0x05 MSG_FIND
release
end


this should work if it doesnt feel free to Pm me cuz i know its annoying that something should work and it doesnt. exept it says found 1 pokeball while you received 5 pokeballs
__________________
One does not simply make a pokemon hack
  #7273    
Old September 1st, 2012 (06:34 AM).
RetroRoller's Avatar
RetroRoller
Pop-Punk Pizza Party
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: England
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
I made a giant level script for a room in my hack, and while the code itself is fine, XSE gives me a compiler error. "Missing dynamic label on line 38". I can guarantee you that a dynamic label shouldn't need to be on line 38. Here's the code.

Be warned, it's long, but I've pointed out which line gives me the error.

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lockall
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x1 @turnexclaim
waitmovement 0x1
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @playertoseat
waitmovement 0xFF
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @profpaper1
waitmovement 0x1
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x2 @yaystudent1
waitmovement 0x2
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @profpaper2
waitmovement 0x1
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x3 @yaystudent2
waitmovement 0x3
msgbox @4 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @profpaper3
waitmovement 0x1
sound 0x15
applymovement 0xFF @playeryay
waitmovement 0xFF
msgbox @5 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @profpaper4
waitmovement 0x1
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x4 @rivalyay
waitmovement 0x4
msgbox @6 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @profpaper5
waitmovement 0x1
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x5 @yaystudent3 <--- LINE 38 (The error)
waitmovement 0x5
msgbox @7 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @profpaper6
waitmovement 0x1
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x6 @yaystudent4
waitmovement 0x6
msgbox @8 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @profmoveback
waitmovement 0x1
msgbox @9 0x6
applymovement 0x6 @student6
sound 0x09
applymovement 0x5 @student5
waitmovement 0x0
sound 0x09
hidesprite 0x6
hidesprite 0x5
applymovement 0x2 @student2
waitmovement 0x2
sound 0x09
hidesprite 0x2
applymovement 0x3 @student3
waitmovement 0x3
sound 0x09
hidesprite 0x3
msgbox @10 0x6
applymovement 0x5 @rivalgo
waitmovement 0x5
sound 0x09
hidesprite 0x5
msgbox @11 0x6
setflag 0x1006
setflag 0x1007
setflag 0x1008
setflag 0x1009
setflag 0x1010
setflag 0x1011
warp 0x4 0x0 0x0 0x4 0x8
waitstate
setvar 0x4035 0x1
release
end

#org @turnexclaim
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x4
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= [red_fr]Prof. Williams:[blue_fr] \v\h01!\nThere you are.\pQuick, come take your seat.

#org @playertoseat
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @2
= [red_fr]Prof. Williams:[blue_fr] Well, I've\ngraded all your papers for the\lFinal Exam.\pSome of you did really well.\nOthers[.] Well[.] See for yourselves.

#org @profpaper1
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @yaystudent1
#raw 0x66
#raw 0xFE

#org @3
= [blue_fr]Student: [red_fr]Yes! I passed!\nI can't wait to tell everyone back\lhome!

#org @profpaper2
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @yaystudent2
#raw 0x64
#raw 0xFE

#org @4
= [red_fr]Student: [blue_fr]Oh no, I failed! Does\nthat mean I have to stay here\lanother year[.]

#org @profpaper3
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @playeryay
#raw 0x65
#raw 0xFE

#org @5
= [black_fr]A perfect score[.] This must be\nsome mistake[.]\p[red_fr]Prof. Williams:[blue_fr] I couldn't\nquite believe it, \v\h01. But you\lgot that fair and square.\pCongratulations!

#org @profpaper4
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @rivalyay
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @6
= [red_fr]\v\h06:[blue_fr] Perfect score!?\nAre you sure that's right,\lProfessor[.]?\p[red_fr]Prof. Williams:[blue_fr] Yes, there's\nno mistake, both you and \v\h01\lgot perfect scores!\pWhy, no students of mine have ever\nbeen more successful in their\llearning!\pBoy, am I a good teacher[.]

#org @profpaper5
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#raw @yaystudent3
#raw 0x66
#raw 0xFE

#org @7
= [red_fr]Student: [blue_fr]Yes, I passed!\pI might finally become a Pokémon\nRanger someday!

#org @profpaper6
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @yaystudent4
#raw 0x64
#raw 0xFE

#org @8
= [red_fr]Student: [blue_fr]Oh no! I failed!\nStill, that won't stop me catching\lbugs!

#org @profmoveback
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x0

#org @9
= [red_fr]Prof. Williams:[blue_fr] And so ends\nanother successful academic year.\pWhile I'll be seeing some of you\nnext year, I still want to say I'm\lproud of all of you.\pI just know you're going to make\nfantastic trainers who will one\lday have a fantastic career.\pI might even see one of you as\nWorld Champion one day!\pI guess you don't need to stay\nhere anymore guys, go home and\lcelebrate, those who've passed!\pOh! Actually, can \v\h01 and\n\v\h06 stay behind, please?

#org @student6
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @student5
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @student2
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @student3
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @10
= [red_fr]Prof. Williams:[blue_fr] Listen you\ntwo; I've waited almost twenty\lyears for a high score like yours.\pTo show how proud I am, I'd like\nto give you some Pokémon I caught,\lback when I was exploring other\lregions when I was younger.\p[red_fr]\v\h06:[blue_fr] Awesome!\p[.]Prof. Williams:[.] Go home for a\nwhile guys, and meet me in the lab\ldownstairs later.\p[red_fr]\v\h06:[blue_fr] Great! Bye.

#org @rivalgo
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @11
= [black_fr][.] [.] [.]
__________________
Eat pizza and stay punk rock

I map for the Source SDK and dabble in ROM Hacking hmu.
  #7274    
Old September 1st, 2012 (08:53 AM).
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
I have made a script, but when I talk to the person nothing happend... I have tried to change things, but sometimes the game just freeze...

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x1100
if 0x1 goto @done2
checkflag 0x820
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x05 @move1
waitmovement 0x0
lock
faceplayer
message @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org @talk1
= You don't have your first badge!

#org @move1
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @move
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @done
lock
faceplayer
message @1 0x6
givepokemon 0x385 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
message @2 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x1100
message @3 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
message @4 0x6
release
end

#org @done2
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @1
= I see you have your first badge!\nNow I have something for you!

#org @2
= [black_fr]You received a Castform!

#org @3
= [black_fr]Would you like to give a\nnickname to Castform?

#org @4
= Please take care of Castform!
__________________
  #7275    
Old September 1st, 2012 (09:10 AM).
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroRoller View Post
I made a giant level script for a room in my hack, and while the code itself is fine, XSE gives me a compiler error. "Missing dynamic label on line 38". I can guarantee you that a dynamic label shouldn't need to be on line 38. Here's the code.

Be warned, it's long, but I've pointed out which line gives me the error.

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lockall
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x1 @turnexclaim
waitmovement 0x1
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @playertoseat
waitmovement 0xFF
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @profpaper1
waitmovement 0x1
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x2 @yaystudent1
waitmovement 0x2
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @profpaper2
waitmovement 0x1
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x3 @yaystudent2
waitmovement 0x3
msgbox @4 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @profpaper3
waitmovement 0x1
sound 0x15
applymovement 0xFF @playeryay
waitmovement 0xFF
msgbox @5 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @profpaper4
waitmovement 0x1
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x4 @rivalyay
waitmovement 0x4
msgbox @6 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @profpaper5
waitmovement 0x1
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x5 @yaystudent3 <--- LINE 38 (The error)
waitmovement 0x5
msgbox @7 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @profpaper6
waitmovement 0x1
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x6 @yaystudent4
waitmovement 0x6
msgbox @8 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @profmoveback
waitmovement 0x1
msgbox @9 0x6
applymovement 0x6 @student6
sound 0x09
applymovement 0x5 @student5
waitmovement 0x0
sound 0x09
hidesprite 0x6
hidesprite 0x5
applymovement 0x2 @student2
waitmovement 0x2
sound 0x09
hidesprite 0x2
applymovement 0x3 @student3
waitmovement 0x3
sound 0x09
hidesprite 0x3
msgbox @10 0x6
applymovement 0x5 @rivalgo
waitmovement 0x5
sound 0x09
hidesprite 0x5
msgbox @11 0x6
setflag 0x1006
setflag 0x1007
setflag 0x1008
setflag 0x1009
setflag 0x1010
setflag 0x1011
warp 0x4 0x0 0x0 0x4 0x8
waitstate
setvar 0x4035 0x1
release
end

#org @turnexclaim
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x4
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= [red_fr]Prof. Williams:[blue_fr] \v\h01!\nThere you are.\pQuick, come take your seat.

#org @playertoseat
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @2
= [red_fr]Prof. Williams:[blue_fr] Well, I've\ngraded all your papers for the\lFinal Exam.\pSome of you did really well.\nOthers[.] Well[.] See for yourselves.

#org @profpaper1
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @yaystudent1
#raw 0x66
#raw 0xFE

#org @3
= [blue_fr]Student: [red_fr]Yes! I passed!\nI can't wait to tell everyone back\lhome!

#org @profpaper2
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @yaystudent2
#raw 0x64
#raw 0xFE

#org @4
= [red_fr]Student: [blue_fr]Oh no, I failed! Does\nthat mean I have to stay here\lanother year[.]

#org @profpaper3
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @playeryay
#raw 0x65
#raw 0xFE

#org @5
= [black_fr]A perfect score[.] This must be\nsome mistake[.]\p[red_fr]Prof. Williams:[blue_fr] I couldn't\nquite believe it, \v\h01. But you\lgot that fair and square.\pCongratulations!

#org @profpaper4
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @rivalyay
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @6
= [red_fr]\v\h06:[blue_fr] Perfect score!?\nAre you sure that's right,\lProfessor[.]?\p[red_fr]Prof. Williams:[blue_fr] Yes, there's\nno mistake, both you and \v\h01\lgot perfect scores!\pWhy, no students of mine have ever\nbeen more successful in their\llearning!\pBoy, am I a good teacher[.]

#org @profpaper5
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#raw @yaystudent3
#raw 0x66
#raw 0xFE

#org @7
= [red_fr]Student: [blue_fr]Yes, I passed!\pI might finally become a Pokémon\nRanger someday!

#org @profpaper6
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @yaystudent4
#raw 0x64
#raw 0xFE

#org @8
= [red_fr]Student: [blue_fr]Oh no! I failed!\nStill, that won't stop me catching\lbugs!

#org @profmoveback
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x0

#org @9
= [red_fr]Prof. Williams:[blue_fr] And so ends\nanother successful academic year.\pWhile I'll be seeing some of you\nnext year, I still want to say I'm\lproud of all of you.\pI just know you're going to make\nfantastic trainers who will one\lday have a fantastic career.\pI might even see one of you as\nWorld Champion one day!\pI guess you don't need to stay\nhere anymore guys, go home and\lcelebrate, those who've passed!\pOh! Actually, can \v\h01 and\n\v\h06 stay behind, please?

#org @student6
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @student5
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @student2
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @student3
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @10
= [red_fr]Prof. Williams:[blue_fr] Listen you\ntwo; I've waited almost twenty\lyears for a high score like yours.\pTo show how proud I am, I'd like\nto give you some Pokémon I caught,\lback when I was exploring other\lregions when I was younger.\p[red_fr]\v\h06:[blue_fr] Awesome!\p[.]Prof. Williams:[.] Go home for a\nwhile guys, and meet me in the lab\ldownstairs later.\p[red_fr]\v\h06:[blue_fr] Great! Bye.

#org @rivalgo
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @11
= [black_fr][.] [.] [.]
This had me stumped for a while but I've finally noticed the error.

You need to change this:
Code:
#raw @yaystudent3
#raw 0x66
#raw 0xFE
to this:

Code:
#org @yaystudent3
#raw 0x66
#raw 0xFE
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.