The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #8251    
Old May 18th, 2013, 03:16 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noossab Blue View Post
This...kind of worked. The level script runs, but instead of starting at the doorway you start at the middle of the room so the player and Bill are displaced. Then the script keeps starting over after it ends in a loop.
Then it has to do with the vars the script uses being set and, probably, also the flags. So, look thrugh the script and note how the flags and vars are used and then make a script to reset them to the proper values for the script to run through and you should be fine.

Also, make sure you didn't use any of them in your own scripts. That is probably what caused the problems in the first place.
__________________

Paired with Simba
  #8252    
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:07 PM
LaDestitute's Avatar
LaDestitute
Razor Sharp
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: West Coast, USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
I fixed it. As is it turns out, I had the raw command for Step Up (Normal) instead of Step Left (Normal), and I was missing the Turn Down raw command for Dimetrus.

It's always the little things that get me, heh.

@Kurapika: I actually just realized the "copyvar 0x4031 0x4001" part of the original FR starter Pokemon selection script is to make sure the rival has the starter super-effective against the one you picked.
@Gyrath: Why are you still using that? Shouldn't you switch to XSE?

Last edited by LaDestitute; May 18th, 2013 at 05:11 PM.
  #8253    
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Gyrath's Avatar
Gyrath
Pokemon Lurid Creator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Western Australia.
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDestitute View Post
I fixed it. As is it turns out, I had the raw command for Step Up (Normal) instead of Step Left (Normal), and I was missing the Turn Down raw command for Dimetrus.

It's always the little things that get me, heh.

@Kurapika: I actually just realized the "copyvar 0x4031 0x4001" part of the original FR starter Pokemon selection script is to make sure the rival has the starter super-effective against the one you picked.
@Gyrath: Why are you still using that? Shouldn't you switch to XSE?
XSE won't work for me. I've tried literally everything. I installed everything as it should, looked up countless tutorial which work for people except me. Whenever I right click the compile option doesnt show up no matter what.

BACK TO MY QUESTION.

Today, I tried to add the regularpokedex in a script but It didn't work. I basically copied it off from the actual game but when I try to add it to a fellow scientist it doesn't work.

This is my script, basically It starts when you talk to the scientist who is blocking your path. He tells you that you should speak with Oak to be allowed entry. After talking with Oak and receiving your first pokemon, the scientist let's you through. THIS ALL WORKS.
Now, what I did was try add in that just before the fade and the scientist disappearance he gives you the regular pokedex. This just led to the screen freezing when it fades.

Script.

#dyn 0x740000
#org @main
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if == jump @disappearrock
message @comment
callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @disappearrock
message @didevent
callstd MSG_NORMAL
Want Pokedex to be given here.
fadescreen FADEOUT_BLACK
disappear 0x3
setflag 0x209
fadescreen FADEIN_BLACK
release
end

#org @comment
= This route has been blocked.\pTalk to PROF.Oak to be allowed\nentry.

#org @didevent
= You're a trainer now!\pI'll be seeing more of you in the\nfuture.


Does anyone how to add the normal pokedex in?
__________________
I see a red door and I want it painted black.
  #8254    
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Aemirch's Avatar
Aemirch
Hobbler
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Greece
Send a message via Skype™ to Aemirch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrath View Post
Today, I tried to add the regularpokedex in a script but It didn't work. I basically copied it off from the actual game but when I try to add it to a fellow scientist it doesn't work.

This is my script, basically It starts when you talk to the scientist who is blocking your path. He tells you that you should speak with Oak to be allowed entry. After talking with Oak and receiving your first pokemon, the scientist let's you through. THIS ALL WORKS.
Now, what I did was try add in that just before the fade and the scientist disappearance he gives you the regular pokedex. This just led to the screen freezing when it fades.
Did the following events happen?

1. You compile your script into the ROM.
2. You attain a brilliant idea of adding the regularpokedex somewhere among the lines of your script.
3. You open said script, add your new command(s) and compile it again.
4. You test your edited script, eager to acquire results.
4. The script is now infested with script cancer, and freezes at some part.

If these are true, then I am afraid your script will not live with us for much longer. You see, once you compile a script, adding data to it then compiling it again is like stitching extra hands to a man's head; he will never be a man again. The script will malfunction, because added data overwrites some data already compiled and, ugh, boring, bad stuff happens. You should only compile an already compiled script again if you remove or replace data inside it and making sure that what you're doing isn't adding more bytes to the script. So, the solution is to just make a new script with the new commands, and compile it.

However, if the above didn't happen, then I am guilty of misinformation and will be hanged from a tree shortly.
__________________
WIP
  #8255    
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:40 PM
thetripplenine's Avatar
thetripplenine
999
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrath View Post
XSE won't work for me. I've tried literally everything. I installed everything as it should, looked up countless tutorial which work for people except me. Whenever I right click the compile option doesnt show up no matter what.

BACK TO MY QUESTION.

Today, I tried to add the regularpokedex in a script but It didn't work. I basically copied it off from the actual game but when I try to add it to a fellow scientist it doesn't work.

This is my script, basically It starts when you talk to the scientist who is blocking your path. He tells you that you should speak with Oak to be allowed entry. After talking with Oak and receiving your first pokemon, the scientist let's you through. THIS ALL WORKS.
Now, what I did was try add in that just before the fade and the scientist disappearance he gives you the regular pokedex. This just led to the screen freezing when it fades.

Script.

#dyn 0x740000
#org @main
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if == jump @disappearrock
message @comment
callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @disappearrock
message @didevent
callstd MSG_NORMAL
Want Pokedex to be given here.
fadescreen FADEOUT_BLACK
disappear 0x3
setflag 0x209
fadescreen FADEIN_BLACK
release
end

#org @comment
= This route has been blocked.\pTalk to PROF.Oak to be allowed\nentry.

#org @didevent
= You're a trainer now!\pI'll be seeing more of you in the\nfuture.


Does anyone how to add the normal pokedex in?
First of all if you're doing this in xse, half of these commands won't work.
If your not sure about if you have the newest xse click here
Second of all a lot of info can be found on diegoawesome's tutorial click here

red = put in
blue = take out

#dyn 0x740000 I personally do #dynamic 0x9C0000, but that's just me

#org @main
#org @start (I don't know if you can use main or not, use start instead)
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
checkflag 0x0x829, as this is the pokedex (special 0x16F activates the national dex)
if == jump @disappearrock
if 0x1 goto @disappearrock (you can also use jump)
message @comment
msgbox @comment 0x6 (0x6 is the main messaging)
callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @disappearrock
message @didevent
msgbox @didevent 0x6
callstd MSG_NORMAL
setflag 0x829 (Use this if hacking firered/leafgreen, diegoisawesome lists all of them)
fadescreen FADEOUT_BLACK
fadescreen 0x1 turns it black
disappear 0x3
setflag 0x209, you don't need this extra flag
fadescreen FADEIN_BLACK
fadescreen 0x0, makes it go back to normal
release
end

#org @comment
= This route has been blocked.\pTalk to PROF.Oak to be allowed\nentry.

#org @didevent
= You're a trainer now!\pI'll be seeing more of you in the\nfuture.

I didn't compile this but it should work, read diegoisawesome's tutorial thoroughly, it should help you with all the necessities, don't try to compile compiled scripts like aemirch said, it won't work out well in the end.
__________________
Hatch my eggs by clicking on them!
Don't let them die!



Fully Grown Dragons:
Spoiler:
  #8256    
Old May 19th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Gyrath's Avatar
Gyrath
Pokemon Lurid Creator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Western Australia.
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetripplenine View Post
First of all if you're doing this in xse, half of these commands won't work.
If your not sure about if you have the newest xse click here
Second of all a lot of info can be found on diegoawesome's tutorial click here

red = put in
blue = take out

#dyn 0x740000 I personally do #dynamic 0x9C0000, but that's just me

#org @main
#org @start (I don't know if you can use main or not, use start instead)
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
checkflag 0x0x829, as this is the pokedex (special 0x16F activates the national dex)
if == jump @disappearrock
if 0x1 goto @disappearrock (you can also use jump)
message @comment
msgbox @comment 0x6 (0x6 is the main messaging)
callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @disappearrock
message @didevent
msgbox @didevent 0x6
callstd MSG_NORMAL
setflag 0x829 (Use this if hacking firered/leafgreen, diegoisawesome lists all of them)
fadescreen FADEOUT_BLACK
fadescreen 0x1 turns it black
disappear 0x3
setflag 0x209, you don't need this extra flag
fadescreen FADEIN_BLACK
fadescreen 0x0, makes it go back to normal
release
end

#org @comment
= This route has been blocked.\pTalk to PROF.Oak to be allowed\nentry.

#org @didevent
= You're a trainer now!\pI'll be seeing more of you in the\nfuture.

I didn't compile this but it should work, read diegoisawesome's tutorial thoroughly, it should help you with all the necessities, don't try to compile compiled scripts like aemirch said, it won't work out well in the end.
I'm using PKSV. So everything that I've already supplied works.
__________________
I see a red door and I want it painted black.
  #8257    
Old May 19th, 2013, 08:03 AM
thetripplenine's Avatar
thetripplenine
999
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrath View Post
I'm using PKSV. So everything that I've already supplied works.
Err, then did all you need was the pokedex number, I gave that to you.

Edit: Also why did you say nothing in xse was working for you, I told you what to do...
__________________
Hatch my eggs by clicking on them!
Don't let them die!



Fully Grown Dragons:
Spoiler:

Last edited by thetripplenine; May 19th, 2013 at 08:19 AM.
  #8258    
Old May 19th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Kurapika's Avatar
Kurapika
Grudgebearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Hi guys, I'm trying to see if I can edit/add new abilities and I run into this piece of hex datas that look like some table containing data in a specific layout "XX XX 00 00".
So, I am wondering what kind of data is stored like that?!
Spoiler:
00 00 00 00 54 19 00 00 57 19 00 00 61 19 00 00 51 04 00 00 59 09 00 00 5A 19 00 00 39 04 00 00 3A 03 00 00 41 09 00 00 4F 06 00 00 3E 05 00 00 40 06 00 00 45 09 00 00 55 08 00 00 3B 04 00 00 49 12 00 00 50 06 00 00 47 06 00 00 5B 08 00 00 4C 06 00 00 58 12 00 00 43 16 00 00 46 01 00 00 44 0C 00 00 4D 0A 00 00 3C 08 00 00 56 09 00 00 3F 0C 00 00 4E 0A 00 00 3D 05 00 00 4B 05 00 00 42 05 00 00 48 12 00 00 52 0C 00 00 63 06 00 00 64 01 00 00 65 07 00 00 66 09 00 00 67 07 00 00 68 0C 00 00 69 32 00 00 6A 04 00 00 5C 03 00 00 5E 07 00 00 60 01 00 00 5D 06 00 00 5F 06 00 00 4A 01 00 00 62 01 00 00 18 19 00 00 17 19 00 00 31 04 00 00 1D 04 00 00 2C 0F 00 00 33 0A 00 00 0C 14 00 00 1F 0A 00 00 0B 32 00 00 20 0A 00 00 03 05 00 00 28 03 00 00 26 02 00 00 32 04 00 00 19 05 00 00 0D 32 00 00 1A 04 00 00 10 08 00 00 07 01 00 00 0A 06 00 00 2D 0A 00 00 30 05 00 00 06 0C 00 00 08 01 00 00 34 08 00 00 11 08 00 00 16 14 00 00 1E 32 00 00 2F 14 00 00 24 06 00 00 0F 02 00 00 1B 14 00 00 1C 0A 00 00 21 0C 00 00 22 08 00 00 23 03 00 00 25 0A 00 00 14 0F 00 00 29 08 00 00 2B 0F 00 00 2E 0C 00 00 38 0A 00 00 04 0A 00 00 05 0F 00 00 09 0C 00 00 0E 0F 00 00 12 08 00 00 13 04 00 00 27 04 00 00 15 06 00 00 36 03 00 00 35 0A 00 00 37 0A 00 00 02 14 00 00 53 19 00 00 FF 05 00 00
__________________
  #8259    
Old May 19th, 2013, 09:01 AM
thetripplenine's Avatar
thetripplenine
999
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
Hi guys, I'm trying to see if I can edit/add new abilities and I run into this piece of hex datas that look like some table containing data in a specific layout "XX XX 00 00".
So, I am wondering what kind of data is stored like that?!
Spoiler:
00 00 00 00 54 19 00 00 57 19 00 00 61 19 00 00 51 04 00 00 59 09 00 00 5A 19 00 00 39 04 00 00 3A 03 00 00 41 09 00 00 4F 06 00 00 3E 05 00 00 40 06 00 00 45 09 00 00 55 08 00 00 3B 04 00 00 49 12 00 00 50 06 00 00 47 06 00 00 5B 08 00 00 4C 06 00 00 58 12 00 00 43 16 00 00 46 01 00 00 44 0C 00 00 4D 0A 00 00 3C 08 00 00 56 09 00 00 3F 0C 00 00 4E 0A 00 00 3D 05 00 00 4B 05 00 00 42 05 00 00 48 12 00 00 52 0C 00 00 63 06 00 00 64 01 00 00 65 07 00 00 66 09 00 00 67 07 00 00 68 0C 00 00 69 32 00 00 6A 04 00 00 5C 03 00 00 5E 07 00 00 60 01 00 00 5D 06 00 00 5F 06 00 00 4A 01 00 00 62 01 00 00 18 19 00 00 17 19 00 00 31 04 00 00 1D 04 00 00 2C 0F 00 00 33 0A 00 00 0C 14 00 00 1F 0A 00 00 0B 32 00 00 20 0A 00 00 03 05 00 00 28 03 00 00 26 02 00 00 32 04 00 00 19 05 00 00 0D 32 00 00 1A 04 00 00 10 08 00 00 07 01 00 00 0A 06 00 00 2D 0A 00 00 30 05 00 00 06 0C 00 00 08 01 00 00 34 08 00 00 11 08 00 00 16 14 00 00 1E 32 00 00 2F 14 00 00 24 06 00 00 0F 02 00 00 1B 14 00 00 1C 0A 00 00 21 0C 00 00 22 08 00 00 23 03 00 00 25 0A 00 00 14 0F 00 00 29 08 00 00 2B 0F 00 00 2E 0C 00 00 38 0A 00 00 04 0A 00 00 05 0F 00 00 09 0C 00 00 0E 0F 00 00 12 08 00 00 13 04 00 00 27 04 00 00 15 06 00 00 36 03 00 00 35 0A 00 00 37 0A 00 00 02 14 00 00 53 19 00 00 FF 05 00 00
If you're trying to edit abilites why don't you just use the program for it?
__________________
Hatch my eggs by clicking on them!
Don't let them die!



Fully Grown Dragons:
Spoiler:
  #8260    
Old May 19th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Kurapika's Avatar
Kurapika
Grudgebearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
They only allow you to edit names and descriptions, I want to do stuff like adding new abilities. And actually I posted the question in the wrong thread. -.-'
__________________
  #8261    
Old May 19th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Uzumaki Naruto Jr.'s Avatar
Uzumaki Naruto Jr.
Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: 木ノ葉隠れの里
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Okay, I am trying to script the National Dex into my first rom hack. My rom hack is based on FireRed. [v1.0 US]. I am having trouble scripting I guess. xD I am in need of someone to help me script the national dex into my rom hack. I followed this tutorial, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_RGwVHVIoY ,but the result was nothing but the, receive item sound. .-. This is the script I was using.

Spoiler:

HTML Code:
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x10A
if 1 jump 0x800050
special 0x16F
setflag 0x10A
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x800100
callstd 0x6
waitfanfare
release
end

#org 0x800050
msgbox 0x800070
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800070
= Like your new POKéDEX?

#org 0x800100
= Your POKéDEX was upgraded!


Is anyone willing to help me script in the national dex, or do it for me. I know I sound stupid, but I am in need of just completing this last thing in my hack. =D So, people, look into your hearts and help me. Thanks. =3
__________________
- Uzumaki Naruto Jr. -
"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my shinobi way!"
  #8262    
Old May 19th, 2013, 09:59 AM
LaDestitute's Avatar
LaDestitute
Razor Sharp
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: West Coast, USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrath View Post
-snip-
Let me guess, "subscript out of range" error? Go into XSE's Settings.ini file and change "AutoUpdateCheck=1" to "AutoUpdateCheck=0".
  #8263    
Old May 19th, 2013, 02:42 PM
thetripplenine's Avatar
thetripplenine
999
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki Naruto Jr. View Post
Okay, I am trying to script the National Dex into my first rom hack. My rom hack is based on FireRed. [v1.0 US]. I am having trouble scripting I guess. xD I am in need of someone to help me script the national dex into my rom hack. I followed this tutorial, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_RGwVHVIoY ,but the result was nothing but the, receive item sound. .-. This is the script I was using.

Spoiler:

HTML Code:
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x10A
if 1 jump 0x800050
special 0x16F
setflag 0x10A
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x800100
callstd 0x6
waitfanfare
release
end

#org 0x800050
msgbox 0x800070
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800070
= Like your new POKéDEX?

#org 0x800100
= Your POKéDEX was upgraded!


Is anyone willing to help me script in the national dex, or do it for me. I know I sound stupid, but I am in need of just completing this last thing in my hack. =D So, people, look into your hearts and help me. Thanks. =3
Red = put
blue = take out

Use diegoisawesome's tutorial on scripting, it's really helpful.

#org 0x800000
#dynamic 0x9C0000, this is how you start

#org @start, this is what you copy
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x10A
checkflag 0x829, this checks the flag you later put
if 1 jump 0x800050
if 0x1 goto @done, this means that if you talk to the person again it goes to @done
setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x829, activates the pokedex
special 0x16F, this activates the national dex
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x800100, that's too complicated
msgbox @1 0x6, 0x6 means normal msgbox
release
end

#org 0x800050
#org @done
msgbox 0x800070
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @2
= Like your new POKéDEX?

#org @1
= Your POKéDEX was upgraded!

That should work.
__________________
Hatch my eggs by clicking on them!
Don't let them die!



Fully Grown Dragons:
Spoiler:
  #8264    
Old May 19th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Uzumaki Naruto Jr.'s Avatar
Uzumaki Naruto Jr.
Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: 木ノ葉隠れの里
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Okay, I think I understood what you said. If I did, correctly, this should be my result script.

HTML Code:
#dynamic 0x9C0000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x829
if 0x1 goto @done
setflag 0x829
special 0x16F
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @2
= Like your new POKéDEX?

#org @1
= Your POKéDEX was upgraded!
Okay, I now have the script, correct. Now, how do I add it to my game. Could you help me? I just need a well explained and detailed explanation, nothing complicated, because I get confused easily. :/

~Thanks!
__________________
- Uzumaki Naruto Jr. -
"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my shinobi way!"
  #8265    
Old May 19th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Aemirch's Avatar
Aemirch
Hobbler
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Greece
Send a message via Skype™ to Aemirch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki Naruto Jr. View Post
Okay, I now have the script, correct. Now, how do I add it to my game. Could you help me? I just need a well explained and detailed explanation, nothing complicated, because I get confused easily. :/

~Thanks!
Let's do this step by step.
1. Open A-Map, and load your ROM.
2. Go to a map, any map, go to the events tab, select an overworld (a person) and double-click on the 'Open script' command on the right part of your screen, where there are some stats.
3. XSE should open. Delete the open script and remove the number in the offset box (a small box with '0x' and a bigger one with numbers/letters, delete that one)
3,5. If you get a message 'script editor not found', then do this. Go to 'settings', then choose 'choose script editor', and go to your XSE folder, and choose XSE. Press 'yes' in the following window.
4. Copy your script from here and paste it there.
5. You see an icon with two gears? That's the compile icon. Press it.
6. You should see a small window appear which tells you that a number of offsets have been compiled into the ROM. We are only interested in the first number, which in your case, is 800000.
7. Close XSE, go back to A-Map, go to the person you want this script to work on, select it and have a look on the right part again: Above 'Open Script', there is a 'Script Offset' box, which may or may have some number on it. Change the number to 800000 (don't forgt to leave the $ sign on before the number).
8. Save.
9. Voila.
__________________
WIP

Last edited by Aemirch; May 19th, 2013 at 03:51 PM.
  #8266    
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:19 PM
thetripplenine's Avatar
thetripplenine
999
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki Naruto Jr. View Post
Okay, I think I understood what you said. If I did, correctly, this should be my result script.

HTML Code:
#dynamic 0x9C0000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x829
if 0x1 goto @done
setflag 0x829
special 0x16F
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @2
= Like your new POKéDEX?

#org @1
= Your POKéDEX was upgraded!
Okay, I now have the script, correct. Now, how do I add it to my game. Could you help me? I just need a well explained and detailed explanation, nothing complicated, because I get confused easily. :/

~Thanks!
Just open your rom in a-map, on settings or whatever its called click choose script editor, click xse, click the guy you want in a-map change the value to 9000000 (filled box), put your script there, press the gears thing, a pop up thing should pop up, the one that says "start" copy that, go back to a-map and your guy, click the box that had 9000000 and type 00 and the number that you copied, then save and test it out in the emulator!
__________________
Hatch my eggs by clicking on them!
Don't let them die!



Fully Grown Dragons:
Spoiler:
  #8267    
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:01 PM
kearnseyboy6's Avatar
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Hi, if I use the "getplayerpos" which variables can I use? Are unused ones ok? And let's say the player is at (10,1B) and I want to check it.

Do I say 'compare 0x(x-variable) 0x10'?
and then 'if 0x01 got @blah'.

Also where would I sneak in syntax such as > 0x10 or <0x10?

Thanks in advance
__________________
HOLIDAYING CURRENTLY!!
  #8268    
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:02 PM
thetripplenine's Avatar
thetripplenine
999
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
What special do you use for the national dex in ruby?

Or is it not a special at all?
__________________
Hatch my eggs by clicking on them!
Don't let them die!



Fully Grown Dragons:
Spoiler:
  #8269    
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetripplenine View Post
What special do you use for the national dex in ruby?

Or is it not a special at all?
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign
  #8270    
Old May 25th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Aemirch's Avatar
Aemirch
Hobbler
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Greece
Send a message via Skype™ to Aemirch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
Hi, if I use the "getplayerpos" which variables can I use?
The ones considered to be safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
Are unused ones ok?
If you are sure they are unused, then yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
And let's say the player is at (10,1B) and I want to check it.

Do I say 'compare 0x(x-variable) 0x10'?
and then 'if 0x01 got @blah'.
Yes, you got that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
Also where would I sneak in syntax such as > 0x10 or <0x10?
Is there such a syntax in the first place? I think not.
__________________
WIP
  #8271    
Old May 25th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Code:
#define B_< 0x0
#define B_<< 0x0
#define B_= 0x1
#define B_== 0x1
#define B_> 0x2
#define B_>> 0x2
#define B_<= 0x3
#define B_>= 0x4
#define B_!= 0x5
#define B_<> 0x5
If you have XSE's std.rbh file, you can just use that key. For example:
Code:
compare LASTERESULT 0x1
if B_! goto @inequal
If LASTRESULT isn't equal to 1.

Code:
compare LASTERESULT 0x1
if B_<= goto @lessthanorequal
If LASTRESULT is less than, or equal to, 1.

If you understand basic mathematical notation that key should be self-explanatory.
__________________
  #8272    
Old May 25th, 2013, 07:18 AM
thetripplenine's Avatar
thetripplenine
999
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
So the pokedex just isn't showing the sprites and stuff everything else is working.

Here's the script incase I messed up:
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x9C0000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x800
if 0x1 goto @yes
if 0x0 goto @no
release
end

#org @yes
checkflag 0x801
if 0x1 goto @donealready
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @take
msgbox @3 0x6
setflag 0x801
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
fanfare 0x372
msgbox @4 0x6
release
end

#org @no
msgbox @5 0x6
release
end

#org @donealready
msgbox @6 0x6
release
end
__________________
Hatch my eggs by clicking on them!
Don't let them die!



Fully Grown Dragons:
Spoiler:
  #8273    
Old May 25th, 2013, 05:07 PM
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
Well I feel like this is a bit of an easy question. I am trying to do the legendary battle script and this is what I have wrote.
#dynamic 0x900000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x249 0x0
wildbattle 0x249 0x1E 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1
= Lugia: Rawr.

But every time I go to it I click on the Pokemon to battle it, nothing happens. Any ideas? Also thanks to anyone who helps in advance!
  #8274    
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Herpahermaderp's Avatar
Herpahermaderp
I liek Mudkipz
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Herpahermaderp
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyestilidie View Post
Well I feel like this is a bit of an easy question. I am trying to do the legendary battle script and this is what I have wrote.
#dynamic 0x900000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x249 0x0
wildbattle 0x249 0x1E 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1
= Lugia: Rawr.

But every time I go to it I click on the Pokemon to battle it, nothing happens. Any ideas? Also thanks to anyone who helps in advance!
You're cry and wildbattle offsets are wrong, it shouldn't be 249, it should be F9, since you have to convert the Pokemon's Pokedex ID to hex to use it in scripts. Also, it's recommended to use flags higher than 900, as most flags before that are used by other parts of the game, unless if you are using JPAN's hacked engine, then it doesn't matter. Other than that it looks good.
__________________
Y: Roak || 1177-8023-4387

Last edited by Herpahermaderp; May 25th, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
  #8275    
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:19 AM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpahermaderp View Post
You're cry and wildbattle offsets are wrong, it shouldn't be 249, it should be F9, since you have to convert the Pokemon's Pokedex ID to hex to use it in scripts. Also, it's recommended to use flags higher than 900, as most flags before that are used by other parts of the game, unless if you are using JPAN's hacked engine, then it doesn't matter. Other than that it looks good.
NO FLAGS OVER 900!

How many freaking times do I have to say it?!?

I'm sorry if that comes off as rude, but you can severly cripple your game by using flags over 900 as they overlap the same storage ram used for vars and PC boxes. So unless you want bad eggs and vars that don't work properly, heed my warning. I will very soon have a tutorial published which will describe this completely.

Also, you don't have to convert to hex when writing a script. If you don't put the "0x" before a number, the script editor will read it in decimal. So, in a script:

setflag 0xA

Is the same as:

setflag 10


(Flag 10/0xA is a temporary flag that will not stay set and therefore will not work for the uses in scripts, this is only an example)
__________________

Paired with Simba
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:44 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.