Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:44 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Are you sure it's Treecko? Haven't you accidentally written the number of one of 25 ???s?
I did at first, because I did treecko's actual national dex number, and got the same result. Then I looked up the list of pokemon on diegoisawesome's tutorial thread and it said treecko's number is 277. I also tried 278 just in case, and every time I've gotten the same result.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old August 6th, 2013, 01:28 AM
mikefromindyindy
EDM producer/ pokemon hacker

Nature: Quiet
Thanks much for the reponse and effort in trying to help jsziede, but I still don't understand where u insert the pokemon(s) that are getting traded, levels ect.. ive copyed the mauville (ralts for seedot) trade script and have been toying with it for a couple days now.. added my own offset and flag (just for an example), now when I load it into the rom it works, but its the same as the mauville trade (obviously) I just cant figure out how to change the pokemon up for trade.. after I do that I can easily change the texts and stuff.. heres what it looks like..

#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
if 0x1 goto 0x82159D5
setvar 0x8008 0x0
copyvar 0x8004 0x8008
special2 LASTRESULT 0xFF
copyvar 0x8009 LASTRESULT
msgbox 0x82159E8 MSG_YESNO '"Huh? My POKéMON is cute?\nSure, I ..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x82159BD
special 0xA2
waitstate
copyvar 0x800A 0x8004
compare 0x8004 0xFF
if 0x1 goto 0x82159BD
copyvar 0x8005 0x800A
special2 LASTRESULT 0x102
copyvar 0x800B LASTRESULT
comparevars LASTRESULT 0x8009
if 0x5 goto 0x82159C7
copyvar 0x8004 0x8008
copyvar 0x8005 0x800A
special 0x100
special 0x101
waitstate
msgbox 0x8215A77 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Eheheh[.]\nPlease be good to my PO..."
setflag 0x1200
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x2159D5
msgbox 0x8215B17 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Any POKéMON can be cute if you rai..."
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x2159BD
msgbox 0x8215ACE MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Oh, if you don't want to, that's o..."
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x2159C7
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x8009
msgbox 0x8215A9D MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Huh? That doesn't look anything li..."
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x2159E8
= Huh? My POKéMON is cute?\nSure, I knew that.\pBut if you really want, I'm willing\nto trade it to you.\pI'll trade you my [buffer2] for\na [buffer1] if you want.
#org 0x215A77
= Eheheh[.]\nPlease be good to my POKéMON.
#org 0x215B17
= Any POKéMON can be cute if you raise\nit with care and kindness.
#org 0x215ACE
= Oh, if you don't want to, that's okay.\nBut my POKéMON is cute, you know[.]
#org 0x215A9D
= Huh? That doesn't look anything like\na [buffer1] to me.

idk how to make a "spoiler" thing so if someone could tell me, that would be great..
Old August 6th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Wobbu
γ ℯ ℯ

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromindyindy View Post
Thanks much for the reponse and effort in trying to help jsziede, but I still don't understand where u insert the pokemon(s) that are getting traded, levels ect.. ive copyed the mauville (ralts for seedot) trade script and have been toying with it for a couple days now.. added my own offset and flag (just for an example), now when I load it into the rom it works, but its the same as the mauville trade (obviously) I just cant figure out how to change the pokemon up for trade.. after I do that I can easily change the texts and stuff.. heres what it looks like..

Spoiler:
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
if 0x1 goto 0x82159D5
setvar 0x8008 0x0
copyvar 0x8004 0x8008
special2 LASTRESULT 0xFF
copyvar 0x8009 LASTRESULT
msgbox 0x82159E8 MSG_YESNO '"Huh? My POKéMON is cute?\nSure, I ..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x82159BD
special 0xA2
waitstate
copyvar 0x800A 0x8004
compare 0x8004 0xFF
if 0x1 goto 0x82159BD
copyvar 0x8005 0x800A
special2 LASTRESULT 0x102
copyvar 0x800B LASTRESULT
comparevars LASTRESULT 0x8009
if 0x5 goto 0x82159C7
copyvar 0x8004 0x8008
copyvar 0x8005 0x800A
special 0x100
special 0x101
waitstate
msgbox 0x8215A77 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Eheheh[.]\nPlease be good to my PO..."
setflag 0x1200
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x2159D5
msgbox 0x8215B17 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Any POKéMON can be cute if you rai..."
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x2159BD
msgbox 0x8215ACE MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Oh, if you don't want to, that's o..."
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x2159C7
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x8009
msgbox 0x8215A9D MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Huh? That doesn't look anything li..."
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x2159E8
= Huh? My POKéMON is cute?\nSure, I knew that.\pBut if you really want, I'm willing\nto trade it to you.\pI'll trade you my [buffer2] for\na [buffer1] if you want.
#org 0x215A77
= Eheheh[.]\nPlease be good to my POKéMON.
#org 0x215B17
= Any POKéMON can be cute if you raise\nit with care and kindness.
#org 0x215ACE
= Oh, if you don't want to, that's okay.\nBut my POKéMON is cute, you know[.]
#org 0x215A9D
= Huh? That doesn't look anything like\na [buffer1] to me.
To make a spoiler, have spoiler tags surround the text that you want to hide.
[SPOILER]This is an example.[/SPOILER]

I found a tutorial, but I think that you need to use thingy32 (a hex editor) because the hex editor that I tried couldn't find the names of the Pokémon.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel
Hex Editing - Trading Pokes

First you need to hex-search for the name of the poke we receive in the trade originally (for example, in FR, we receive a "MIMIEN")

Fig1. Searching for MIMIEN with Thingy

Once you find it, we will notice the name followed by "FF" and then a bunch of "00" (which means free space for the name). Now you can change the name of the poke we'll receive with hex, as long as you respect that the name must still be finished with the "FF" (and at least make sure to leave a "00" as well, just in case)
After that free space comes inmediately XXXX, which should be the value of the ID of the poke we will get (as always it's swapped hex, so Bulbasaur which is 0001 becomes 0100) So just find the ID of the new poke, change it to hex (with Windows Calculator on Scientific Mode), and then swap it as I did in my example.
Next is seeing where the next recognizable name starts (in my MIMIEN case, there's a "REYLEY" close to it), that name is the name of the trainer, so to change it, you must do exactly the same as when you changed the poke's name.
After the trainer's name, and free space comes a "0A" (which most likely will be other thing), and after that comes another XXXX, which is the ID of the poke the trainer wants, once again it's swapped-hex, so do it the same way as before to change it.

And, you can even modify the hold item of the poke we'll receive (don't start putting Master Balls! ), to modify it just: look at the trainer's name again, then start going backwards, and we'll see either a "00" or "FF", and right after it (still going backwards), you'll find another XXXX, which is the ID of the Hold Item (and as you can imagine, it's swapped-hex, so you know how to modify it)

Fig2. All the info is close to MIMIEN. 1= MIMIEN, 2= Free Space as FF and then a bunch of 00, 3= Poke we will get in swapped hex, 4= MIMIEN's owner name, 5= Free Space again, 6= Poke we must have in swapped hex, 7= The hold item, to the left of the owner's name

Avatar Source | Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: GHOST // GRASS
Old August 6th, 2013, 04:57 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
So, I'm having a strange issue with showpokepic. Spent the better part of today searching for fixes or anyone having the same problem at all, and can't find anything. This is what it looks like:

Here's the whole script. It uses the player's position to determine which pokeball he's looking at, so I can use the same script on all three of them. I've tried removing that and changing the vars used, and it hasn't helped.
Code:
#dynamic 0x801E9C

#org @main
lock
getplayerpos 0x4000 0x4001
compare 0x4000 0x6
if 0x1 goto @bulbasaurDisplay
release
end

;---------------------------BULBASAUR STUFFS------------------------------
#org @bulbasaurDisplay
cry 0x1 0x0
showpokepic 0x1 0xA 0x3
msgbox @bulbasaurMessage1 0x5
closeonkeypress
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @bulbasaurChoose
hidepokepic
end

#org @bulbasaurChoose
hidepokepic
givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @bulbasaurMessage2 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x800 ;activate pokemon menu
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x1206 
end

#org @bulbasaurMessage1
= Do you want to take\nthe GRASS type BULBASAUR?

#org @bulbasaurMessage2
= \v\h01 received the BULBASAUR!
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try this...
Code:
showpokepic 0x1 0xA 0x3
pause 0x1
showpokepic 0x1 0xA 0x3
In theory, although I already proven this, the first pokepic box will display the wrong palletes, and I never actually learned how to fix that.
Although a temporary solution is to quickly hide the first showpokpic command and then add a second showpokepic command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
The player already has the pokedex and national dex at this point. =/ I tried it without having the pokedex too, and got the same result. I also just tested it with treecko (used 277) instead of bulbasaur, and got this:
Make sure you wrote
Code:
showpokepic 277 0xA 0x3
instead of
Code:
showpokepic 0x277 0xA 0x3
Old August 6th, 2013, 05:29 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromindyindy View Post
In addition to what jsziede has said, ZodiacDaGreat's tool, Trader Advanced, allows you to easily change what Pokemon the game asks for in a trade as well as customising what you will receive in return.
Old August 6th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Tlachtli
Crit happens.

Nature: Modest
I posted this in the thread for the Gen IV move split in Gen III, but I thought I'd ask here as well in case anyone here is familiar with Darthatron's work. I want to try to port his routine for the Physical/Special/Status sprites he designed for FR to Emerald. This is the original post, and this is a post by Jambo51 with some fix suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
Change these bytes:
Code:
@0813A130: 0x2F
@0813A17B: 0x47
@0813A1A0: [Pointer to Routine, plus 1 (one).]
I'm trying to do an Emerald hack and see no one has successfully ported the sprites for Emerald yet (or at least done so and posted it yet). I want to do it myself, but I have a question: what is the purpose of changing those first two bytes? I'm trying to find their Emerald equivalents, but no luck yet. I've tried putting read breaks on them in a FR rom, but never seem to trigger a read so I can't tell what they do.

I have an idea of numbers should work for BPEE, but since I haven't found the right address for the routine pointer in Emerald yet I haven't tested it:
Code:
.MoveBase:  .word 0x0831C898
.number: .word 0x00003258
.CurMoveIndex: .word 0x0201170C
.Move_List_Loc:  .word 0x0201042C
.VRAM:   .word 0x06001800  [1]
.SplitImages: .word 0x08E3CFB0 (just where I have it stored)
.Some_Offset: .word 0x0203cf1c  [2]
.Return_Addr: .word 0x081C3F6C  [2]
[1] I assume this is empty/otherwise unused VRAM used to store the sprites? It doesn't seem to be used in a clean rom.
[2] I have potential 2 addresses in mind here, but I haven't been able to test to see which works, if at all.
Pokemon Sigma Σmerald:

A Gen 3 remake de-make, (soon to be) featuring many Gen VI mechanics
Old August 6th, 2013, 09:06 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlachtli View Post
I posted this in the thread for the Gen IV move split in Gen III, but I thought I'd ask here as well in case anyone here is familiar with Darthatron's work. I want to try to port his routine for the Physical/Special/Status sprites he designed for FR to Emerald. This is the original post, and this is a post by Jambo51 with some fix suggestions.

I'm trying to do an Emerald hack and see no one has successfully ported the sprites for Emerald yet (or at least done so and posted it yet). I want to do it myself, but I have a question: what is the purpose of changing those first two bytes? I'm trying to find their Emerald equivalents, but no luck yet. I've tried putting read breaks on them in a FR rom, but never seem to trigger a read so I can't tell what they do.

I have an idea of numbers should work for BPEE, but since I haven't found the right address for the routine pointer in Emerald yet I haven't tested it:
Code:
.MoveBase:  .word 0x0831C898
.number: .word 0x00003258
.CurMoveIndex: .word 0x0201170C
.Move_List_Loc:  .word 0x0201042C
.VRAM:   .word 0x06001800  [1]
.SplitImages: .word 0x08E3CFB0 (just where I have it stored)
.Some_Offset: .word 0x0203cf1c  [2]
.Return_Addr: .word 0x081C3F6C  [2]
[1] I assume this is empty/otherwise unused VRAM used to store the sprites? It doesn't seem to be used in a clean rom.
[2] I have potential 2 addresses in mind here, but I haven't been able to test to see which works, if at all.
Those two bytes are the hex representation of bx r5. Meaning, that his change changes the pointer that was loaded into r5 earlier, and now you are branching to that address.

The vram should be the same, as that is GBA Hardware based, and not game specific. That is the actual location that the screen reads images from, meaning you are writing the images directly to the screen.

The RAM offsets (02XXXXXX) are going to be different, so you need to find where they are the same. The current move index should be easy. Just use the cheat finder in VBA to find RAM bytes that always display the current move.

The return address is returning to the routine which was branched. You will have to find the routine by searching for similar bytes in a hex editor.

Edit: This is in the wrong thread. This goes in Simple Questions.

Paired with Simba
Old August 6th, 2013, 09:27 AM
blackichan

hi, i have a script to give a zubat as a starter, the script works fine only when compiled it gives a nidoran. I looked up the hex value for zubat in the stdpoke.rbh file, and its 0x29, but when compiled xse changes that to 0x1D. what am I doing wrong?

here's the script
Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x381091
#org @start
faceplayer
lock
hidesprite LASTTALKED
fanfare 0x13E
message @give 0x6
givepokemon 0x29 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1000
setflag 0x800
message @nickname 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
closeonkeypress
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @give
= [Player] found a /nZubat!

#org @nickname
= Would you like to give a nickname to Zubat?
Old August 6th, 2013, 09:33 AM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackichan View Post
hi, i have a script to give a zubat as a starter, the script works fine only when compiled it gives a nidoran. I looked up the hex value for zubat in the stdpoke.rbh file, and its 0x29, but when compiled xse changes that to 0x1D. what am I doing wrong?

here's the script
Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x381091
#org @start
faceplayer
lock
hidesprite LASTTALKED
fanfare 0x13E
message @give 0x6
givepokemon 0x29 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1000
setflag 0x800
message @nickname 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
closeonkeypress
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @give
= [Player] found a /nZubat!

#org @nickname
Why would you ever give Zubat as a starter??? You must not have grown up without Flash in Dark Cave. /me shudders....
----

Anyways.XD Read this: http://www.romhackersonline.com/show...d-Script-Tiles

That will help with some other issues in your script. Your issue does not happen to me. It compiles fine in my case. Make sure you are using XSE 1.1.1 or the version found on Gamer2020's tools thread.

Edit:
Code:
#include stditems.rbh
#include stdpoke.rbh

'---------------
#org 0x3B4D84
faceplayer
lock
hidesprite LASTTALKED
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x83B4DCB MSG_NORMAL '"[player] found a /nZubat!"
givepokemon PKMN_ZUBAT 0x5 ITEM_NONE 0x0 0x0 0x0
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1000
setflag 0x800
msgbox 0x83B4DE1 MSG_YESNO '"Would you like to give a nickname ..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x83B4DC4
closeonkeypress
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x3B4DC4
call 0x81A74EB
return

'---------------
#org 0x1A74EB
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
waitstate
return

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x3B4DCB
= [player] found a /nZubat!

#org 0x3B4DE1
This is what it compiled to in my test rom.

Paired with Simba
Old August 6th, 2013, 10:06 AM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
Try this...
Code:
showpokepic 0x1 0xA 0x3
pause 0x1
showpokepic 0x1 0xA 0x3
In theory, although I already proven this, the first pokepic box will display the wrong palletes, and I never actually learned how to fix that.
Although a temporary solution is to quickly hide the first showpokpic command and then add a second showpokepic command.
I hate to say it, but there's no difference whatsoever. Copied it exactly as you wrote it.

Edit: If I display the picture of one pokemon, and then show another afterward, only the first one is messed up, like you said... but it only works if the two pokemon are different.

Quote:
Make sure you wrote
Code:
showpokepic 277 0xA 0x3
instead of
Code:
showpokepic 0x277 0xA 0x3
Omg, I'm so dumb... I told it to show pokemon 600-something. lol
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Last edited by QuilavaKing; August 7th, 2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old August 6th, 2013, 01:52 PM
pokefreake

Does anyone know how to change which map the player spawns in? I know the "sethealplace" command (I think that's what its called) but how do I change which map it makes you come to?
Old August 6th, 2013, 01:59 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokefreake View Post
Does anyone know how to change which map the player spawns in? I know the "sethealplace" command (I think that's what its called) but how do I change which map it makes you come to?
That is the command that will change where you go when you whiteout after losing a battle. It has preset locations:

FireRed:
0x01 = Player's House
0x02 = Viridian City
0x03 = Pewter City
0x04 = Cerulean City
0x05 = Lavender Town
0x06 = Vermilion City
0x07 = Celadon City
0x08 = Fuchsia City
0x09 = Cinnabar Island
0x0A = Indigo Plateau/Pokemon League Entrance
0x0B = Saffron City
0x0C = Route 4/Mt. Moon Entrance
0x0D = Route 10/Rock Tunnel Entrance
0x0E = One Island
0x0F = Two Island
0x10 = Three Island
0x11 = Four Island
0x12 = Five Island
0x13 = Seven Island
0x14 = Six Island

^Notice Seven and Six Island are switched

Emerald (Probably the same as RS):
0x01 = Player's Room (male)
0x02 = Player's Room (female)
0x03 = Petalburg City
0x04 = Slateport City
0x05 = Mauville City
0x06 = Rustboro City
0x07 = Fortree City
0x08 = Lilycove City
0x09 = Mossdeep City
0x0A = Sootopolis City
0x0B = Ever Grande City (Victory Road)
0x0C = Littleroot Town (left)
0x0D = Littleroot Town (right)
0x0E = Oldale Town
0x0F = Dewford Town
0x10 = Lavaridge Town
0x11 = Fallarbor Town
0x12 = Verdanturf Town
0x13 = Pacifidlog Town
0x14 = Ever Grande City (Pokemon League)
0x15 = Southern Island Edit: <-OMG
0x16 = Battle Frontier

Paired with Simba
Old August 6th, 2013, 02:04 PM
pokefreake

What if I wanted to make the player spawn in the middle of Pallet town, for example? Thanks for the list of locations!
Old August 6th, 2013, 02:37 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
What if I wanted to make the player spawn in the middle of Pallet town, for example? Thanks for the list of locations!
There are tables and such you need to edit. See here:

http://www.romhack.me/tutorials/view...33mon-firered/

Paired with Simba
Old August 7th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Xcisor

Quote:
#org $roaming
setvar 0x8004 0xfA00
setvar 0x8005 0xffff
setvar 0x8006 0x1
setvar 0x8007 0x0
special 0x56
release
end
I've got this code and have JPAN's Fire Red Engine applied so Special 0x56 will work. So far this should yield a 100% (0xFFFF) chance encounter with Ho-oh (FA00) found in the Grass (0x0) that will only appear x1 time (0x1).

Question: How can I edit the level of the Roaming Pokemon and where do I put this script in the game and how do I trigger it?
Pokémon Yellow Advanced Version Team:
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:38 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcisor View Post
I've got this code and have JPAN's Fire Red Engine applied so Special 0x56 will work. So far this should yield a 100% (0xFFFF) chance encounter with Ho-oh (FA00) found in the Grass (0x0) that will only appear x1 time (0x1).

Question: How can I edit the level of the Roaming Pokemon and where do I put this script in the game and how do I trigger it?
~
Variable 0x8007 lower half is the location, and the upper half is the level the pokémon is found in. Used to avoid “underwater Charizard”-like scenarios.
First 4 bits of the word are the location values. 0x0 does the same as 0xf, that is, the pokémon is found anywhere you want.
Bit 0 = grass
Bit 1 = surfing
Bit 2 = tree\rock-smash
Bit 3 = fishing
So 0x9 (1001b) would mean that the pokémon is found on grass and by fishing
The upper half is the level of a roaming pokémon. For instance, if you want a lv. 80 pokémon in the wild grass only, use setvar 0x8007 0x5001
~

You put this in any place you want the roaming to start. That is up to you.

Paired with Simba
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Xcisor

Quote:
#org $roaming
setvar 0x8004 0xfA00
setvar 0x8005 0xffff
setvar 0x8006 0x1
setvar 0x8007 0x5001 0x0
special 0x56
release
end
Quote:
#org $roaming
setvar 0x8004 0xfA00
setvar 0x8005 0xffff
setvar 0x8006 0x1
setvar 0x8007 0x5001
setvar 0x8007 0x0
special 0x56
release
end
So would one of these be right then for Lv. 80 Pokemon only found in Grass? Since variance 8007 does both level and location?

Also when I say, where do I put it, I don't mean in the storyline/map I mean how do I encode this into the game? Do I just open up a script at freespace in advancemap and configure it to that location/person event/script tile through my script editor PKSV? And if so, is one of these two lines of text all I need (aka can I copy paste it into my script editor) alongside of the Fire Red Hack Engine 0x56 special?
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:03 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
So would one of these be right then for Lv. 80 Pokemon only found in Grass? Since variance 8007 does both level and location?

Also when I say, where do I put it, I don't mean in the storyline/map I mean how do I encode this into the game? Do I just open up a script at freespace in advancemap and configure it to that location/person event/script tile through my script editor PKSV? And if so, is one of these two lines of text all I need (aka can I copy paste it into my script editor) alongside of the Fire Red Hack Engine 0x56 special?
You just need to put this script so it runs when you want it to. You could put it as a map script, a script tile, a person event, hell, if you wanted to, you could make it into an item (using this http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281573).

This one is correct:

#org @roaming
setvar 0x8004 0xfA00
setvar 0x8005 0xffff
setvar 0x8006 0x1
setvar 0x8007 0x5001
special 0x56
release
end

Explanation:

setvar 0x8007 0x5001

Red is level, Blue is location.

Paired with Simba
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:07 AM
pokefreake

I can't figure out how to make a transparent text box in Emerald. I found a tutorial on it, but it doesn't say where to put the new lines. My script:

Spoiler:
#org 0x87410EF
'-----------------------------------
lock
faceplayer
writebytetooffset 0x3F 0x4000048 1F
writebytetooffset 0x1F 0x4000049 1F
msgbox 0x8741107 ' Hi
callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
release
end

#org 0x8741107
= Hi
Old August 7th, 2013, 11:44 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
I can't figure out how to make a transparent text box in Emerald. I found a tutorial on it, but it doesn't say where to put the new lines. My script:

Spoiler:
#org 0x87410EF
lock
faceplayer
writebytetooffset 0x3F 0x4000048 1F
writebytetooffset 0x1F 0x4000049 1F
msgbox 0x8741107 ' Hi
release
end

#org 0x8741107
= Hi
You have this all wrong. I would be surprised if that even compiled.

Try this:
Code:
#Dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
writebytetooffset 0x3F 0x4000048
writebytetooffset 0x1F 0x4000049
writebytetooffset 0x3F 0x4000048
writebytetooffset 0x1F 0x4000049
writebytetooffset 0x41 0x4000050
writebytetooffset 0x3F 0x4000051
writebytetooffset 0xF 0x4000052
writebytetooffset 0xA 0x4000053
writebytetooffset 0xFF 0x202F0AA
writebytetooffset 0xFF 0x202F0AB
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0B8
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0B9
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0AC
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0AD
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0BE
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0BF
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0C0
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0C1
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0C2
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0C3
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0C4
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0C5
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0C6
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0C7
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0C8
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x202F0C9
msgbox 0x8741107 ' Hi
release
end

#org 0x8741107
= Hi

Paired with Simba
Old August 7th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Xcisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
You just need to put this script so it runs when you want it to. You could put it as a map script, a script tile, a person event, hell, if you wanted to, you could make it into an item (using this http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281573).

This one is correct:

#org @roaming
setvar 0x8004 0xfA00
setvar 0x8005 0xffff
setvar 0x8006 0x1
setvar 0x8007 0x5001
special 0x56
release
end

Explanation:

setvar 0x8007 0x5001

Red is level, Blue is location.
Here's what I've done so far but it doesn't seem to work, I pass the script tile on the Map and then it SHOULD be making a 100% 0xffff encounter with the Pokemon from the special, but when I pass the script tile nothing seems to happen. Or Am I just not running into the Pokemon because it is now "Roaming the region"?

Here's what I'm working with:

http://postimg.org/image/ke5payjgx/
http://postimg.org/image/mhg4imj9t

Last edited by Xcisor; August 7th, 2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:40 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Here's what I've done so far but it doesn't seem to work, I pass the script tile on the Map and then it SHOULD be making a 100% 0xffff encounter with the Pokemon from the special, but when I pass the script tile nothing seems to happen. Or Am I just not running into the Pokemon because it is now "Roaming the region"?

Here's what I'm working with:

http://postimg.org/image/ke5payjgx/
http://postimg.org/image/mhg4imj9t
Read http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347. There is nooo guarentee that 8004 = 0 at the time you step on the tile. That is the issue. I would test it with a person event first, just to make sure it works, then work it into a script tile with a correct var. Not a temporary one that is used by almost every 10+ line GF script.XD

Paired with Simba
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

Nature: Serious
Is it possible to remove the need of Badge to use HM moves outside of battle for Firered?

e.g. I want to remove the need of Soul Badge to use the move, Hm: Surf.
I have moved to Pokemon Hacker Online
Old August 7th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Omac12

First off, I'm sorry if someone else has had my issues. I did Google, and search around a lot before asking. I watched a few Youtubers teaching me how to do a simple script. I never did this successfully.

They talked me through the steps, and it started pretty good but it ended up crashing. I think it's getting better... Still crashes. I can't show a picture because I can't figure out how exactly... It might not work, but I tried to share it. This is what just happened...

Game:I tried both Fire red, and Sapphire Type: Script Editor: Pokecket Script, Notepad, and Over-world map. Script: Talk script
Spoiler:
#Org $Talk
Lock
Faceplayer
Message $Talk
$Talk 1 = Hi
Boxset 6
Release
End

How exactly did this happen? I don't know. But the whole, Compile short cut button doesn't work for me. I tried restarting my computer many times, and uninstalling.

So did I get the wrong things to use? And if I didn't what should I get? What am I even doing wrong here? I tried everything I can think of... It opens a shop like in the picture above. It crashes. Then if I wait I hear a terrible Screech...
Old August 8th, 2013, 01:19 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omac12 View Post
First off, I'm sorry if someone else has had my issues. I did Google, and search around a lot before asking. I watched a few Youtubers teaching me how to do a simple script. I never did this successfully.

They talked me through the steps, and it started pretty good but it ended up crashing. I think it's getting better... Still crashes. I can't show a picture because I can't figure out how exactly... It might not work, but I tried to share it. This is what just happened...

Game:I tried both Fire red, and Sapphire Type: Script Editor: Pokecket Script, Notepad, and Over-world map. Script: Talk script
Spoiler:
#Org $Talk
Lock
Faceplayer
Message $Talk
$Talk 1 = Hi
Boxset 6
Release
End
Spoiler:

How exactly did this happen? I don't know. But the whole, Compile short cut button doesn't work for me. I tried restarting my computer many times, and uninstalling.

So did I get the wrong things to use? And if I didn't what should I get? What am I even doing wrong here? I tried everything I can think of... It opens a shop like in the picture above. It crashes. Then if I wait I hear a terrible Screech...
Er... I would suggest you use XSE instead of PokeScript. =/
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links