The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #8626    
Old August 10th, 2013, 10:07 AM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri View Post
There is the script and the advance-map screen.
You're using an old XSE version. Get the new one from Gamer2020's tool thread. You will then need to change your msgbox command to look like this:

msgbox @pointer 0xX

Where X is:

0x2 = it's a normal message box, with inbuilt lock and faceplayer (so if you want to use this, then you don't need the lock and faceplayer command).
0x3 = it's a message box for signposts (like "WELCOME TO PALLET TOWN").
0x5 = it's a message box for yes/no scripts.
0x6 = it's a normal message box.
__________________

Paired with Simba
  #8627    
Old August 10th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Mauri
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
I'll try, thanks very much, i was getting crazy.
  #8628    
Old August 10th, 2013, 04:20 PM
jatikeren
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Anyone know about Ferry Ship Script.. ?

i want to make a new Town buat i can access just with it...
what script i needed for this. .?
thanks
  #8629    
Old August 10th, 2013, 05:13 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatikeren View Post
Anyone know about Ferry Ship Script.. ?

i want to make a new Town buat i can access just with it...
what script i needed for this. .?
thanks
A simple warp script with an animation in between. Look at the southern island/faraway island scripts for a good idea how it would work.
__________________

Paired with Simba
  #8630    
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:31 PM
jatikeren
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
A simple warp script with an animation in between. Look at the southern island/faraway island scripts for a good idea how it would work.
where.. ?
at the sailor guy.. ?
  #8631    
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Wobbu's Avatar
Wobbu
Not actually a whale
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cyllage City
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatikeren View Post
where.. ?
at the sailor guy.. ?
Wait, what kind of ferry are you talking about? The ferry to Dewford Town or the ferry to the Sevii Isles?
__________________
  #8632    
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:50 PM
jatikeren
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
Wait, what kind of ferry are you talking about? The ferry to Dewford Town or the ferry to the Sevii Isles?
The Ferry from LILYCOVE to SLATEPORT or SLATEPORT to LILYCOVE....
in Emerald..
  #8633    
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:00 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatikeren View Post
where.. ?
at the sailor guy.. ?
yes..... That would be the one.
__________________

Paired with Simba
  #8634    
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:05 PM
jatikeren
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
yes..... That would be the one.
okay, i got this from the sailor guy at southern island

Spoiler:

'---------------
#org 0x267CA2
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x82C6B42 MSG_YESNO '"CAPT. BRINEY can be so maddeningly..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x8267CE7
msgbox 0x82A6A5D MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Aye, right, then!\nSail home we wi..."
closeonkeypress
applymovement LASTTALKED 0x82725AA
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x1E
spriteinvisible 0x1 0x1A 0x38
setvar 0x8004 0x2
call 0x8272250
warp 0xD 0xA 0xFF 0x8 0xB
waitstate
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x267CE7
msgbox 0x82A6A82 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Aye, right, as you like, then."
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x272250
compare PLAYERFACING 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x8242A21
compare PLAYERFACING 0x3
if 0x1 call 0x8242A2C
pause 0x1E
spriteinvisible 0xFF 0x0 0x0
call 0x82721E2
return

'---------------
#org 0x242A21
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8242A37
waitmovement 0x0
return

'---------------
#org 0x242A2C
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8242A39
waitmovement 0x0
return

'---------------
#org 0x2721E2
pause 0x3C
applymovement 0x8004 0x82721F0
waitmovement 0x0
return


'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x2C6B42
= CAPT. BRINEY can be so maddeningly\nfickle[.]\pDo you want to return to LILYCOVE?

#org 0x2A6A5D
= Aye, right, then!\nSail home we will!

#org 0x2A6A82
= Aye, right, as you like, then.


'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x2725AA
#raw 0x25 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x242A37
#raw 0x8 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x242A39
#raw 0xA 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x25 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x2721F0
#raw 0x7 'Step Right (Slow)
#raw 0x7 'Step Right (Slow)
#raw 0x7 'Step Right (Slow)
#raw 0xB 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xB 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xB 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xB 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements


now, if i want to make this ferry will comeback at slateport city
what i have to change... ?
  #8635    
Old August 10th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Mauri
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
You're using an old XSE version. Get the new one from Gamer2020's tool thread. You will then need to change your msgbox command to look like this:

msgbox @pointer 0xX

Where X is:

0x2 = it's a normal message box, with inbuilt lock and faceplayer (so if you want to use this, then you don't need the lock and faceplayer command).
0x3 = it's a message box for signposts (like "WELCOME TO PALLET TOWN").
0x5 = it's a message box for yes/no scripts.
0x6 = it's a normal message box.
Tried, same script, same position, using the unofficial XSE, game frozen too. I really don't know what can i do more.
  #8636    
Old August 10th, 2013, 11:47 PM
jatikeren
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri View Post
Tried, same script, same position, using the unofficial XSE, game frozen too. I really don't know what can i do more.
here try this one
Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @hi 0x6
release
end

#org @hi
= Hello everyone!/nHappy Hacking.
  #8637    
Old August 11th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Mauri
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
My script was exactly the same.

I tried, the game is frozen again.
  #8638    
Old August 11th, 2013, 01:57 AM
jatikeren
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri View Post
My script was exactly the same.

I tried, the game is frozen again.
frozen like what.. ?
do you ever try a PKSV .. ?
it's easier for Pokemon Fire Red...
  #8639    
Old August 11th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Mauri
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
When i go upper the script, the game become frozen, all stop and i can't move the character anymore.
  #8640    
Old August 11th, 2013, 03:13 AM
jatikeren
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri View Post
When i go upper the script, the game become frozen, all stop and i can't move the character anymore.
is there any script before you put this one.. ?
  #8641    
Old August 11th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Wobbu's Avatar
Wobbu
Not actually a whale
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cyllage City
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri View Post
When i go upper the script, the game become frozen, all stop and i can't move the character anymore.
Make sure there aren't any level scripts interfering with your script. Also, make sure every parameter of the person event are correct.
__________________
  #8642    
Old August 11th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Mauri
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
Nope, i insert just scrips, not persons.

If i insert a person, the message appear but after that all the screen (of vba) become red and the game freeze.

Last edited by Mauri; August 11th, 2013 at 05:20 AM.
  #8643    
Old August 11th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Wobbu's Avatar
Wobbu
Not actually a whale
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cyllage City
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri View Post
Nope, i insert just scrips, not persons.
How are you activating your script, then?

EDIT: I saw your screenshot. It's because you need to change the parameters of your script tile. Set the var to 4050 and the value to 0300.
__________________

Last edited by Wobbu; August 11th, 2013 at 05:18 AM.
  #8644    
Old August 11th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Mauri
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
How are you activating your script, then?

EDIT: I saw your screenshot. It's because you need to change the parameters of your script tile. Set the var to 4050 and the value to 0300.
It works! Thanks very much. I have to set a 'value' for person's events too?
  #8645    
Old August 11th, 2013, 05:33 AM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri View Post
It works! Thanks very much. I have to set a 'value' for person's events too?
Read this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347 It will explain all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
How are you activating your script, then?

EDIT: I saw your screenshot. It's because you need to change the parameters of your script tile. Set the var to 4050 and the value to 0300.
Don't tell people to do that. If they the remove the first few scripts of the game, that script won't run.
__________________

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; August 11th, 2013 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #8646    
Old August 11th, 2013, 06:11 AM
jatikeren
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
okay , now how about my ferry script...
heheheh
  #8647    
Old August 11th, 2013, 06:45 AM
mootjuh
 
Join Date: May 2009
Gender:
Anyone know what is wrong with my script? I've tried making similar to the Battle Pyramid, since I couldn't manage to take away the bag, I've tried checking for items that would give the player an advantage in the challenge. It seems to always to go to $stop even when I don't have the items that are being checked.

I've tried if 0x04, if 4 and if B_>=.
Spoiler:
Code:
#org $start
lock
faceplayer
message $intro
$intro 1 = Where the courage of TRAINERS\nis put to the test!\pWelcome to the BATTLE FOREST!\pI am your guide to\nthe Battle Quest.
boxset 6
message $question
$question 1 = Have you the courage to embark on\nthe Battle Quest challenge?
boxset 5
compare 0x800D 0X0001
if 0x01 goto $nope
checkitem 0x01
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x02
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x03
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x04
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x05
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x06
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x07
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x08
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x09
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x0A
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x0B
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x0C
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x0D
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x0E
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x0F
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x10
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x11
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x12
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x13
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x14
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x15
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x16
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x17
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x18
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x19
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x1A
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x1B
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x1C
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x1D
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x1E
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x1F
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x20
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x21
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x22
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x23
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x24
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x25
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x26
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x53
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x54
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x55
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x56
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x2c
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x2D
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
message $play
$play 1 = Very good. I will now show you into\nthe BATTLE FOREST.
boxset 6
release
end

#org $stop
lock
faceplayer
message $problem
$problem 1 = A slight problem, adventurer!\pYou seem to not have the three\nPOKéMON qualified for the challenge.\pMake sure you don't have any\nhealing items, repels, escape ropes\por pokeballs with you.\nWhen you are ready,\pplease have a word with me.
boxset 6
release
end

#org $nope
message $no
$no 1 = We await your challenge in the future!
boxset 6
release
end


Any idea?
  #8648    
Old August 11th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Wobbu's Avatar
Wobbu
Not actually a whale
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cyllage City
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatikeren View Post
okay , now how about my ferry script...
heheheh
This may help you. They're excerpts from Lilycove's script.

Spoiler:
Code:
#org 0x21E149
msgbox 0x821E864 0x5 '"SLATEPORT CITY it is, then!"
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x821E5C0
setvar 0x40B4 0x5
call 0x821E5CC
warp 0x19 0x29 0xFF 0x1 0xA
waitstate
release
end

#org 0x21E5CC
msgbox 0x821E89D 0x4 '"Please board the ferry and wait fo..."
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0x800F 0x82725A6
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x1E
spriteinvisible 0x800F 0xD 0xA
compare 0x800C 0x2
if 0x1 call 0x821E61B
compare 0x800C 0x4
if 0x1 call 0x821E610
pause 0x1E
spriteinvisible 0xFF 0x0 0x0
setvar 0x8004 0x2
call 0x82721E2
return


Commands include checklag, setflag, spriteinvisible, applymovement, msgbox, and warp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootjuh View Post
Anyone know what is wrong with my script? I've tried making similar to the Battle Pyramid, since I couldn't manage to take away the bag, I've tried checking for items that would give the player an advantage in the challenge. It seems to always to go to $stop even when I don't have the items that are being checked.

I've tried if 0x04, if 4 and if B_>=.
Spoiler:
Code:
#org $start
lock
faceplayer
message $intro
$intro 1 = Where the courage of TRAINERS\nis put to the test!\pWelcome to the BATTLE FOREST!\pI am your guide to\nthe Battle Quest.
boxset 6
message $question
$question 1 = Have you the courage to embark on\nthe Battle Quest challenge?
boxset 5
compare 0x800D 0X0001
if 0x01 goto $nope
checkitem 0x01
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x02
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x03
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x04
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x05
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x06
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x07
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x08
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x09
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x0A
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x0B
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x0C
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x0D
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x0E
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x0F
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x10
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x11
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x12
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x13
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x14
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x15
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x16
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x17
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x18
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x19
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x1A
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x1B
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x1C
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x1D
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x1E
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x1F
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x20
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x21
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x22
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x23
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x24
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x25
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x26
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x53
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x54
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x55
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x56
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x2c
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
checkitem 0x2D
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 4 goto $stop
message $play
$play 1 = Very good. I will now show you into\nthe BATTLE FOREST.
boxset 6
release
end

#org $stop
lock
faceplayer
message $problem
$problem 1 = A slight problem, adventurer!\pYou seem to not have the three\nPOKéMON qualified for the challenge.\pMake sure you don't have any\nhealing items, repels, escape ropes\por pokeballs with you.\nWhen you are ready,\pplease have a word with me.
boxset 6
release
end

#org $nope
message $no
$no 1 = We await your challenge in the future!
boxset 6
release
end


Any idea?
Well, I'm not familiar with this syntax, but changing if 4 goto $stop to if 0 goto $stop may fix the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Don't tell people to do that. If they the remove the first few scripts of the game, that script won't run.
__________________
  #8649    
Old August 11th, 2013, 08:13 AM
jatikeren
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
well from ferry script above...

i dont understand what it's mean

Quote:
warp 0x19 0x29 0xFF 0x1 0xA
can you explain me.. ?
here what i mean...

i just make "ONE ISLAND" in EMERALD

Spoiler:



the script what i need is, when i have a TRI PASS ( just like in FIRE RED ) then sailor guy / miss @ LILYCOVE will add new list , and the list is "ONE ISLAND"

and if you mean just using a warp, then i can't understand the script above...

sorry for my english...

Last edited by jatikeren; August 11th, 2013 at 08:44 AM.
  #8650    
Old August 11th, 2013, 08:45 AM
mootjuh
 
Join Date: May 2009
Gender:
Replacing "if 4" into "if 0" makes the game crash.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.