The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 28th, 2009, 02:05 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziglef View Post
Game: Pokémon Fire Red
Type: Person Event
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:
'---------------
#org 0x8004E1
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto 0x8800566
msgbox 0x8800569 MSG_FACE '"Hello [player]..."
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800772
waitmovement 0xFF
msgbox 0x8800576 MSG_FACE '"What ?\nHow do you know my name ?"
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800775
waitmovement 0xFF
msgbox 0x8800599 MSG_FACE '"That doesn't matter now...\nBut yo..."
givepokemon 0x85 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x8800615 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"You received an Evee!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox 0x880062D MSG_FACE '"Oh ?\nA Pokémon ?\lDon't get me wr..."
msgbox 0x880067D MSG_FACE '"You'll get your answers when it is..."
setflag 0x82F
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x88006D9 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"You received the Running Shoes!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox 0x88006FB MSG_FACE '"We don't want you to be late on\nt..."
setflag 0x1001
warp 0x4 0x1 0xFF 0x2 0x26C
nop
updatecoins 0xD9 0xE0
'---------------
#org 0x800566
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800569
= Hello [player]...

#org 0x800576
= What ?\nHow do you know my name ?

#org 0x800599
= That doesn't matter now...\nBut you need to know something,\lyour fate is already drawn...\lHere take this, you will need it

#org 0x800615
= You received an Evee!

#org 0x80062D
= Oh ?\nA Pokémon ?\lDon't get me wrong, i love them,\lbut why should i need one ?

#org 0x80067D
= You'll get your answers when it is\ntime, for now you will only need\lthat Pokémon and this

#org 0x8006D9
= You received the Running Shoes!

#org 0x8006FB
= We don't want you to be late on\nthe road do we ?\lNow your mom must be worried,\lyou're sleeping too much...\pWAKE UP !

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x800772
#raw 0x31 'Slide Down (Slow)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x800775
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

Additional info: So i started scripting yesterday and i made this script for my Rom Hack and it works, the guy gives me a Evee for starter and i get teleported to my room and everything, the thing is, when i slide down the Person looks Up, giving me his back instead of looking at me, then when i step up he looks at me again, is there anyway to fix this so that he always looks at me ?
Well You have to make sure the person has No Movement in there movement dropdown list in A-map. So that they won't constantly move when the script is executed.

However, if they are supposed to move like the "Look around" option, then I suggest you lock them so that they stay wherever you tell them to stay. The command for this is called "Lockall".

Btw, you glitched your script. You see the "0x26C?" The '6C' is actually the hex for the "release" command. You shouldn't decompile a script and add more to the script then compile it back. So, what should you do? Well fix the "warp" command back to the way it was, then replace the 'nop' and 'updatecoins' with "release" and "end".

After that you repoint the whole script and delete the original to free up space using "#remove
0x8004E1". Hopefully this helps

Old July 28th, 2009, 02:42 PM
ziglef
Just here for fun ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley View Post
Well You have to make sure the person has No Movement in there movement dropdown list in A-map. So that they won't constantly move when the script is executed.

However, if they are supposed to move like the "Look around" option, then I suggest you lock them so that they stay wherever you tell them to stay. The command for this is called "Lockall".

Btw, you glitched your script. You see the "0x26C?" The '6C' is actually the hex for the "release" command. You shouldn't decompile a script and add more to the script then compile it back. So, what should you do? Well fix the "warp" command back to the way it was, then replace the 'nop' and 'updatecoins' with "release" and "end".

After that you repoint the whole script and delete the original to free up space using "#remove
0x8004E1". Hopefully this helps
thanks, i noticed the 0x26C, the person is no movement so i'm trying the lockall.

Edit: tried the lockall didn't work : (

Last edited by ziglef; July 28th, 2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: update
Old July 28th, 2009, 04:18 PM
techie775
Beginning Trainer

Okay I'm trying to add sudowoodo to pokemon fire red like it appeared in gold and silver. Everything works except after you battle or catch it, the sprite still remains. I've been using advance map 1.92 and pokescript to compile this and every time I try to add the hidesprite line it locks up the game. What am I messing up? Do I have to do something in the done area? Thanks.
Spoiler:
#org $sudowoodo
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x224
if b_true goto $done
cry 0xA1 185
pause 0x38
message $1
boxset 6
wildbattle 185 40 1
setflag 0x224
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 = GYAOOOO!!!!

#org $done
release
end

Last edited by techie775; July 28th, 2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old July 28th, 2009, 04:36 PM
trebornosliw
Learning

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdieplz View Post
You don't need a checkflag for trainers, the battles are remembered in the rom.
Actually, the checkflag is there so that he won't battle me until I have my first Pokemon. It's not such a huge problem now, I rescripted it in PKSV and it worked out.
Thanks for the reply, though.
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:23 PM
triplexh18
call me Oscizor

Nature: Calm
hi i could use some serious help with 2 scripts for pokemon fire red U.S version

im using XSE script
and PKSV and both dont work for me mainly since i forgot everything about scripting and when i did know about it i was awful at it

but im making 1 script for a battle against prof oak and a person i made their trainer id's are: Person i made named Cliff is 1EC and Oak's is 1FF

this is Cliff's script

#org 0x8801331
'-----------------------------------
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1EC 0x0 0x8801349 0x8801504
msgbox 0x880150A ' ...
callstd 0x2 '
end

#org 0x8801349
= Well,I see you made your way here\nsafely.You probably don't know\lwho I am, so allow me to introduce\lmyself.\lI am CLIFF the greatest pokemon\ltrainer and you...?\lWell I don't really care.\lIf you managed to make it here\lthen you are indeed a\lworthy opponent.\lBut let me make one more thing\lclear before we battle since we\lare obviously trainers.\lIf you actually thought all\lthose pokemon you dealt with\lwere tough.\lThen you will not defeat me!

#org 0x8801504
= ...

#org 0x880150A
= ...

I have no real issue with him its just that i want him to have Gary's final battle theme from the EF, i even tried labeling him as Champion on A-trainer but he still keeps the generic battle theme

I would appreciate it if someone can just keep this same script but with Gary's theme being the only thing new.

as for Prof Oak

i deleted his script since i think it corrupted my save and i didnt make a back up

but im trying to make a script that ends with Oak battling you(this is a seperate script then Cliff's and takes place at a different time if you need to know)

ill try explaining exactly what i want from this script

i just want it so that i enter a area and once i take a step on the script prof oak(who should be 2 steps above me)jumps in place with a exclamation mark on his head while shouting "Oscizor!"(with no music at this point playing) then running 2 steps down to start a conferstation before the battle(with no music still) saying

"I know you are trying to go onto battle this man but you see..I can't let you. The reason being is that you were not supposed to get this far and fight him... My grandson was supposed to. And if you beat him... you... you will just ruin everything!(after this point it plays the short battle tune it normally plays when you encounter a legendary pokemon before battling it) WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN EVERYTHING!"

and after the text it will play the Deoxys battle theme

after you beat him he says "This wasn't supposed to happen this way" and vanishes for the rest of the game(i haven't used any flags)

Please somebody help me with at least the prof oak one
there is no way i can learn how to script this good and ive read so many tutorials and i bet most of you guys can make an entire game but all im asking for is some help with 2 things.

PS: If this also helps, Prof Oak's model is 1 of the 2 People in the room where the script takes place. He is "Person event" 0
but where it says "Person event no:" he is number 1(Im talking about what advance map is showing)

as for the script itself it is the only script that takes place in the area(making it number 0 i assume)

Last edited by triplexh18; July 28th, 2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: More Information and some misspelled words
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:14 PM
ziglef
Just here for fun ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by techie775 View Post
Okay I'm trying to add sudowoodo to pokemon fire red like it appeared in gold and silver. Everything works except after you battle or catch it, the sprite still remains. I've been using advance map 1.92 and pokescript to compile this and every time I try to add the hidesprite line it locks up the game. What am I messing up? Do I have to do something in the done area? Thanks.
Spoiler:
#org $sudowoodo
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x224
if b_true goto $done
cry 0xA1 185
pause 0x38
message $1
boxset 6
wildbattle 185 40 1
setflag 0x224
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 = GYAOOOO!!!!

#org $done
release
end
so i suppose you have to use the hidesprite otherwise it won't desappear.
to make it work go to advance map 1.92 and get the person ID and put it after hidesprite, example hidesprite 0xPERSON_ID
Rember in advanced map to choose the person and in the field unknown put 03

hope it helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexh18 View Post
hi i could use some serious help with 2 scripts for pokemon fire red U.S version

im using XSE script
and PKSV and both dont work for me mainly since i forgot everything about scripting and when i did know about it i was awful at it

but im making 1 script for a battle against prof oak and a person i made their trainer id's are: Person i made named Cliff is 1EC and Oak's is 1FF

this is Cliff's script

#org 0x8801331
'-----------------------------------
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1EC 0x0 0x8801349 0x8801504
msgbox 0x880150A ' ...
callstd 0x2 '
end

#org 0x8801349
= Well,I see you made your way here\nsafely.You probably don't know\lwho I am, so allow me to introduce\lmyself.\lI am CLIFF the greatest pokemon\ltrainer and you...?\lWell I don't really care.\lIf you managed to make it here\lthen you are indeed a\lworthy opponent.\lBut let me make one more thing\lclear before we battle since we\lare obviously trainers.\lIf you actually thought all\lthose pokemon you dealt with\lwere tough.\lThen you will not defeat me!

#org 0x8801504
= ...

#org 0x880150A
= ...

I have no real issue with him its just that i want him to have Gary's final battle theme from the EF, i even tried labeling him as Champion on A-trainer but he still keeps the generic battle theme

I would appreciate it if someone can just keep this same script but with Gary's theme being the only thing new.

as for Prof Oak

i deleted his script since i think it corrupted my save and i didnt make a back up

but im trying to make a script that ends with Oak battling you(this is a seperate script then Cliff's and takes place at a different time if you need to know)

ill try explaining exactly what i want from this script

i just want it so that i enter a area and once i take a step on the script prof oak(who should be 2 steps above me)jumps in place with a exclamation mark on his head while shouting "Oscizor!"(with no music at this point playing) then running 2 steps down to start a conferstation before the battle(with no music still) saying

"I know you are trying to go onto battle this man but you see..I can't let you. The reason being is that you were not supposed to get this far and fight him... My grandson was supposed to. And if you beat him... you... you will just ruin everything!(after this point it plays the short battle tune it normally plays when you encounter a legendary pokemon before battling it) WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN EVERYTHING!"

and after the text it will play the Deoxys battle theme

after you beat him he says "This wasn't supposed to happen this way" and vanishes for the rest of the game(i haven't used any flags)

Please somebody help me with at least the prof oak one
there is no way i can learn how to script this good and ive read so many tutorials and i bet most of you guys can make an entire game but all im asking for is some help with 2 things.

PS: If this also helps, Prof Oak's model is 1 of the 2 People in the room where the script takes place. He is "Person event" 0
but where it says "Person event no:" he is number 1(Im talking about what advance map is showing)

as for the script itself it is the only script that takes place in the area(making it number 0 i assume)
First, for making a oak battle you need to have a front sprite for oak as a trainer.
Second this isn't the place to ask for scripts.
Third for the theme of the battle try looking in the script of the trainer, or try looking at the professional header in advance map for the battle type, also try A-Trainer.

Last edited by ziglef; July 28th, 2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 28th, 2009, 07:59 PM
triplexh18
call me Oscizor

Nature: Calm
Do you mean this website isn't a place for it or this thread

if its this thread can you provide me a link of where i should post this

and thanks for responding
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:02 PM
techie775
Beginning Trainer

to make it work go to advance map 1.92 and get the person ID and put it after hidesprite, example hidesprite 0xPERSON_ID

hope it helps

well I tried what you suggested, but it still locks up right after sudowoodo makes a noise and the screen starts dimming. Thanks again for the idea. I get the feeling I'm missing something obvious. Here's what I changed:
Spoiler:
#org $sudowoodo
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x224
if b_true goto $done
cry 0xA1 185
pause 0x38
message $1
boxset 6
wildbattle 185 40 1
hidesprite 0x7145
setflag 0x224
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 = GYAOOOO!!!!

#org $done
release
end
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Dragonmaster91
It's just common sense!

Quote:
Spoiler:
#org $sudowoodo
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x224
if b_true goto $done
cry 0xA1 185
pause 0x38
message $1
boxset 6
wildbattle 185 40 1
setflag 0x224
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 = GYAOOOO!!!!

#org $done
release
end
I don't know pokescript, but I believe you need a form of hidesprite.

Edit: Wow.. really beaten to it...

Quote:

hope it helps

well I tried what you suggested, but it still locks up right after sudowoodo makes a noise and the screen starts dimming. Thanks again for the idea. I get the feeling I'm missing something obvious. Here's what I changed:
Spoiler:
#org $sudowoodo
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x224
if b_true goto $done
cry 0xA1 185
pause 0x38
message $1
boxset 6
wildbattle 185 40 1
hidesprite 0x7145
setflag 0x224
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 = GYAOOOO!!!!

#org $done
release
end
That's because hidesprite is not hidesprite in pokescript, and even then, that hex number is too high.
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Samike360
Lover of May

Quote:

hope it helps

Spoiler:
#org $sudowoodo
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x224
if b_true goto $done
cry 0xA1 185
pause 0x38
message $1
boxset 6
wildbattle 185 40 1
hidesprite 0x7145
setflag 0x224
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 = GYAOOOO!!!!

#org $done
release
end
Hidesprite=disappear in pokescript. Try using a disappear command.

Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
Old July 29th, 2009, 04:24 AM
techie775
Beginning Trainer

well thanks for all the help so far. From what you've said, I figured out that #raw 0x53 is like hidesprite but for pokescript. But it still doesn't work and I'm just wondering if I'm putting the line in the wrong spot. It does go like this?; #raw 0x53 (personevent no) (person ID)

Spoiler:
#org $sudowoodo
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x224
if b_true goto $done
cry 0xA1 185
pause 0x38
message $1
boxset 6
#raw 0x53 0x21 0x05
wildbattle 185 40 1
setflag 0x224
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 = GYAOOOO!!!!

#org $done

release
end
Old July 29th, 2009, 05:04 AM
ziglef
Just here for fun ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexh18 View Post
Do you mean this website isn't a place for it or this thread

if its this thread can you provide me a link of where i should post this

and thanks for responding
This thread is not for requesting, you have to provide atleast the script you tried to use.

I searched the forums and i think there is no place where you can ask for scripts, but if there is one i ask one of the older members to correct me since i only arrived a few days ago.

Also you should check the compreensive guide included in XSE.

Just push F2. I think the guide is ultra-simple and easy to use.
Then you could take a look at diegoisawesome guide when you have something you want to know deeper, everythings there.
i can't post links as i dont have 15posts but remove the spaces
www . pokecommunity . com /showthread.php?t=164276

Hope i helped
Old July 29th, 2009, 05:54 AM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote:
well thanks for all the help so far. From what you've said, I figured out that #raw 0x53 is like hidesprite but for pokescript. But it still doesn't work and I'm just wondering if I'm putting the line in the wrong spot. It does go like this?; #raw 0x53 (personevent no) (person ID)

Spoiler:
#org $sudowoodo
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x224
if b_true goto $done
cry 0xA1 185
pause 0x38
message $1
boxset 6
#raw 0x53 0x21 0x05
wildbattle 185 40 1
setflag 0x224
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 = GYAOOOO!!!!

#org $done

release
end
The wildbattle command does not work correctly in pokescript. You should either try PKSV or XSE. I can convert the scripts to their 'style' if you like..

Old July 29th, 2009, 08:47 AM
techie775
Beginning Trainer

Oh I didn't know that. Is converting it to XSE hard? I'll have to start reading Diego's Tutorial.
Thanks.
Old July 29th, 2009, 10:33 AM
ziglef
Just here for fun ^^

Quote:
Oh I didn't know that. Is converting it to XSE hard? I'll have to start reading Diego's Tutorial.
Thanks.
you should read the guide that comes with XSE first, its easier to understand and helps a lot ; )

just go Help > Compreensive Guide
or push F2

Old July 29th, 2009, 10:42 AM
joshay
Beginning Trainer

Hey Um, ive wrote this script where you come out of this cave where Team rocket have just attacked you. You walk over a script tile and this happens:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
applymovement 0x02 @move
msgbox @1 0x6
release 
end

#org @move
#raw 0x52
#raw 0x4A
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= Are you alright?
The Emulator freezes when i step over where the script should activate. Whats wrong? Thanks in advance for whoever helps
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:32 AM
trebornosliw
Learning

I have the same problem as Joshay with this script below; it just freezes up when I step on it (I want the player character to move one step down).
Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @blockedviridian
checkflag 0x829
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @blocked 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @stepback
release
end
#org @done
release
end
#org @blocked
= Better visit the Team\nLegend base before moving\lon...
#org @stepback
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE
Old July 29th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
I have the same problem as Joshay with this script below; it just freezes up when I step on it (I want the player character to move one step down).
Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @blockedviridian
checkflag 0x829
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @blocked 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @stepback
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @blocked
= Better visit the Team\nLegend base before moving\lon...

#org @stepback
#raw 0x10 0xFE
Yopu need a waitmovement 0x0 after the applymovement. Also make sure the script tile's unknown is 0003 and var number is 4050 (or anyother free variable)

Also, you can put #raw values on the same line so instead of
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

you can have

#raw 0x10 0xFE

Changes in bold.
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:38 PM
ziglef
Just here for fun ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshay View Post
Hey Um, ive wrote this script where you come out of this cave where Team rocket have just attacked you. You walk over a script tile and this happens:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
applymovement 0x02 @move
waitmovement 0x02
msgbox @1 0x6
release 
end

#org @move
#raw 0x52
#raw 0x4A
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= Are you alright?
The Emulator freezes when i step over where the script should activate. Whats wrong? Thanks in advance for whoever helps
changes in bold, its just like Pokepal17 said, and you got put the var number in the script tile as well as 0003 in unknown (i normaly use 4050 as a var number and 0300 in unknown)
Old July 29th, 2009, 02:50 PM
trebornosliw
Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
Yopu need a waitmovement 0x0 after the applymovement. Also make sure the script tile's unknown is 0003 and var number is 4050 (or anyother free variable)

Also, you can put #raw values on the same line so instead of
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

you can have

#raw 0x10 0xFE

Changes in bold.
Thank you so much, this is perfect and it actually works now! I really appreciate it. Let me know if there's ever any way I can return the favor.
Is there a list somewhere of the different variables and unknowns I need to use in AM for this type of stuff? I mean any script, not just movements.
Thanks again!
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:21 PM
joshay
Beginning Trainer

Cheers, thanks alot both of you :D
Old July 30th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
Thank you so much, this is perfect and it actually works now! I really appreciate it. Let me know if there's ever any way I can return the favor.
Is there a list somewhere of the different variables and unknowns I need to use in AM for this type of stuff? I mean any script, not just movements.
Thanks again!
Variables range from 0x4000 to 0xFFFF
The ones between 0x5000 amd 0x7000 are the safe ones
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Counterfeit

Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
Is there a check for whether the player is standing on a tile where a wild battle could occur?

I imagine it'd be a mix of checking the behaviour byte of the tile the player was on, and checking the wild pokemon data for that map.

Any ideas?
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:58 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
Is there a check for whether the player is standing on a tile where a wild battle could occur?

I imagine it'd be a mix of checking the behaviour byte of the tile the player was on, and checking the wild pokemon data for that map.

Any ideas?
Actually, there isn't, you would have to have it check for the player's X/Y coordinates.
You could use it to check if they are on a set of 'tall grass', but you need to be sure the X/Y numbers are the same as the tile you are standing on.
Lets say you are on tile 0xA 0x5

Example:
#org @start
lock
getplayerpos 0x5000 0x5001
compare 0x5000 0xA
if b_false goto @end
compare 0x5001 0x5
if b_false goto @end
//Script goes here//
release
end

#org @end
release
end
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old July 30th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Counterfeit

Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
Hmmm, thats annoying..

I have the script set to run after clicking a custom option in the pause menu, which means it can be used anywhere.

I think I'll just have to put a check into the scripts of every indoor map and have the other script check for that.

Thanks. :]

Sponsored Links