The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:35 AM
Rarhyx
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase View Post
how many gym baadges does this hack go up to? i nkow it ends at the palerose lab( read it on 1st post) but dont know 'bout the gym badges....
well i have now 6 badges, palerose has the 5th.
Old June 28th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Kraagenskul
Beginning Trainer

Hi all ! (I'm french so excuse my english )

I've just played all day to Pokemon Genesis, and it's just soooo good, I love this universe, I love the starters (Trapinch ! Even if the 2 first gyms are very difficult with him ), I love the new towns and gym leaders... There's really few bugs so it's very pleasant to play it I've played Sapphire before it and I really found Genesis better...

But I'm so impatient of this game to continue. I'm stuck in Palerose city and it's a little bit frustrating now that I cannot go through So, will this hack have a suite ? And if yes, when ? Such a great work has been done on this game yet, but now I wanna see the end

Just a few problems and questions :
- I've found 2 HM Waterfall in the icy cave (can't remember the name, sorry)
- The two last gym leaders gave me the same TM, Rock Tomb
- In Latim city, in the library, we can find trainers who have high-level Pokemon, and quite unbeatable with the ones we have at this state of the game... We're not forced to beat them, but it's a little bit surprising to find 5 Pokemon level 25 against my Trapinch and Taillow level 19.
- I can't have the Bicycle in the bike shop
- There's a swimmer who makes the game freeze, just after that we have the HM Surf. He speaks in a odd language and freezes the game
- This game really needs a real map (Maybe there is one, but I didn't find it...)
- Do you plan to introduce some other 4G Pokemon in this game ? The rival has a Bronzor, and the gym leader of Palerose has a Dusknoir, but with no image of it :/

And, once again, I congratulate everyone who helped to make this game and I wish that it will be continued soon

Last edited by Kraagenskul; June 28th, 2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:08 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
never played this game? im starting to play all the nintendo stykle games and i love them. Im playing this one right now! .......NOW
Old July 13th, 2010, 02:47 AM
~NzFury
Professional Tile Inserter :P

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~NzFury
Your Hack looks awsome!
The Tiles are stunning!!
Did you insert yourself?

Old July 14th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Beastof2000
Beginning Trainer

I'm going to be doing an LP/Review over this game.
Also my friend said that there's a glitch. Where your supposed to get Mega Kick you get Beat Up.
EDIT: I got to the part where you exit out of the cave. And it keeps freezing whenever I go into the battle seen with my Rival. And I know I have a clean rom because I gave my rom and the same emulator through skype file share. And his works fine.

Last edited by Beastof2000; July 14th, 2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old July 15th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Tomackze
Drowzee

Not a huge concern but I do have a question... when I change the name of my fire red and then change the name of the .sav and .sgm... I can not seem to continue the .sav.

The one where you save in a map, it seems to not patch over. Is anyone else having that problem? It isn't a big concern as the .sgm still can play, but I always thought that the .sav was the one that was supposed to carry over in the new betas... and this "problem" is showing that the .sav might not carry over and I might just have to start all over after each new beta
Old July 16th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Pearlone
Beginning Mapper Spriter

Send a message via ICQ to Pearlone Send a message via AIM to Pearlone Send a message via Skype™ to Pearlone
I remember being a Beta Tester for this hack, I believe I was doing some other stuff too. I still have your message. Wow, this hack is looking amazing, Good Luck.

Challenges Done:
-myrrhman's FR/LG Monotype Challenge (Dragon).
Old July 21st, 2010, 06:30 AM
ase
learning How to Hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to ase
hey thrace if you need anyone to make a world map for you got to this link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222928
the guy is actually making my world map for me right now and does it for FREE you dont need to give him anything

follow the link below
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222928
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

DBZ: Possibly the BEST anime ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:06 AM
dragoniteuser
The dragon master

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ase View Post
hey thrace if you need anyone to make a world map for you got to this link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222928
the guy is actually making my world map for me right now and does it for FREE you dont need to give him anything
Help with the hacking should ALWAYS be free, after all we are here to help one another! Before you know it we'll be trying to sell our games and our work or hacking skills, and then let me ask you what makes us different than nintendo corporation - besides good games acctually ?!

Lance
the Dragon master

-Gifted with powers of the Viridian forest
-Telepathically communicates with Pokémon
-Heals their wounds
-Controls Dragon Pokémon
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:30 PM
MiniM00se
Toad in a stroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastof2000 View Post
EDIT: I got to the part where you exit out of the cave. And it keeps freezing whenever I go into the battle seen with my Rival. And I know I have a clean rom because I gave my rom and the same emulator through skype file share. And his works fine.
This happened to me, too! In the city with the Bike Shop that you get to when you exit the cave with the fossils.

But all of the game before that part was great. I really liked it.

Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:22 PM
LassLaura
No, I don't want a breakfast burrito

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniM00se View Post
This happened to me, too! In the city with the Bike Shop that you get to when you exit the cave with the fossils.

But all of the game before that part was great. I really liked it.
This has been addressed: either try holding down the emulator's fast forward button (spacebar by default) for a while and sometimes the battle will eventually load, or use Advance Map to move or disable the Rival battle event. I recommend trying the fast forward fix first because one of the Rival battles nets you the Vs Seeker (and in this game, you need it!).
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Tomackze
Drowzee

I also got the freeze with the rival... that seems to be a common problem
Old July 27th, 2010, 01:41 PM
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
From what I've seen of this hack so far, it looks pretty cool. Just one problem I've had:
When I try to load my save file the *normal* way, it plays that stupid flashback thing, then freezes when it fades to black just before saying: "...and [PLAYER] saved the game at [LOCATION]." In other words, it crashes just before I can return to my saved file. I was on version 3.2, patched to a clean ROM (with which I've had no problems with other hacks, except Light Platinum, which is apparently not working for a lot of people). I've tried it on VBA and gpSP Kai (a GBA emulator for PSP), both crashed during the flashbacks. Any ideas?
Otherwise, it looks pretty cool. I'm eager to see how the story plays out, I might just have to rough it through savestates (which I hate being forced to use, 'cuz then what do you do when the Elite Four forces you to load it 'traditionally'?)

Poke my eggs?
Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
Old July 29th, 2010, 09:58 AM
ase
learning How to Hack

Send a message via Yahoo to ase
hey how long is the current beta(I've looked it up but it never tells me the exact amount of badges i can earn in this game)?

follow the link below
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222928
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

DBZ: Possibly the BEST anime ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:29 PM
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothX View Post
When I try to load my save file the *normal* way, it plays that stupid flashback thing, then freezes when it fades to black just before saying: "...and [PLAYER] saved the game at [LOCATION]." In other words, it crashes just before I can return to my saved file. I was on version 3.2, patched to a clean ROM (with which I've had no problems with other hacks, except Light Platinum, which is apparently not working for a lot of people). I've tried it on VBA and gpSP Kai (a GBA emulator for PSP), both crashed during the flashbacks. Any ideas?
OK, I kinda figured out the problem...
The first few outdoors maps (the hometown and the first route, I think they're the only ones, but I'm not sure) have some bug that causes a crash when loading your saved file 'naturally' or accessing then exiting any Start menu commands that cause the overworld map to go away (Dex, party, bag, options, trainer card, pokenav). Maybe some of the early event scripts are flawed?
Anyway, as long as you don't save in the first town or route, you should be fine.

Poke my eggs?
Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
Old August 1st, 2010, 02:48 PM
King Koopa
The Dark Spriter >>>>

A bug to report: I cannot fight the rival kid before enetering the ferry after the 2nd badge, it goes into the battle then stops
Old August 1st, 2010, 06:53 PM
LassLaura
No, I don't want a breakfast burrito

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
A bug to report: I cannot fight the rival kid before enetering the ferry after the 2nd badge, it goes into the battle then stops
*Points halfway up the page at my last post and the one below it* :p
Old August 6th, 2010, 06:33 PM
nasonex
is trying to learn how to hack

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nasonex Send a message via Yahoo to nasonex
It's a great Hack Thrace'

Its been a while now and I'm sure you've been progressing at this Hack.

Pokemon Genesis, It's a great name you chose and It reflects many meaning.
Very unique one, I must say.

You've come a long way Thrace and just so you know, you're almost at the
finish line. And I'm seeing a completed Pokemon Genesis sooner or later.

Good Luck on this one! And I'll be supporting your Hack. More Power Thrace!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 8th, 2010, 01:06 PM
PlatinumJL
Power Hunter

I found a glitch I don't know if it has been reported before or not though...

On the route where you battle your rival with his bronzor for the first time, I went to the Pokemoncenter on that route healed. Then i used 'Teleport' and it took me to the Snow route I was really confused. So I am just backtracking now
Old August 9th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Thrace
@tion

It kills me to write this but if I don't it'll be unfair to all the people waiting on a final release if I don't. I honestly can't see myself finishing Genesis so I'm no longer going to be working on it. I know I've always said that I won't leave PC until I've finished it but at this rate I'll never leave.

I meant to post in the team thread too but I don't think its necessary, the thread is already dead. I would however like to say how much I appreciate the work everyone put into it. You guys were the reason I kept Genesis alive and I really hate myself for letting all your hard work go to waste. colcolstyles in particular I am grateful for in allowing me to add features that I'd never be able to by myself. It was amazing to be able to work with everyone, you guys are all incredible hackers (which is why I picked you guys :D). Its because of you guys that I'm releasing one final beta (plus a little extra something ;D) with all the work you guys did for me, you can find it on the first page. I'm not even sure if its even playable and its probably not a good idea to release it but it wouldn't feel right for me to keep it or just simply delete it.

I could tell you guys about how busy I am or the amount of stress that I have to handle (to which Genesis plays a big part) but when it comes down to it, its just that I don't enjoy hacking anymore. No matter how long the breaks I take from hacking or how much inspiration I get I just can't bring myself to open up A-Map and start working on Genesis again.

I can't began to tell you guys what it means for me that you've made Genesis so popular (over 15,000 downloads?!). When I think back to the day I posted my first thread for it; I was so nervous about what people were going to think. I never imagined that it would be as popular as it is now. I feel kind of ashamed that I'm giving up now considering how sure I was from the day I started it that I would finish Genesis. I owe this community so much and I feel like such a jerk for giving back so little. I hope everyone understands, Genesis and I had a good run here and it sucks to think that I'll probably never be back. I could keep writing forever but theres not much else to say except goodbye.

tl;dr: I'm not working on Genesis anymore so could a mod please close this?
Old August 9th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Hashtag
king cook

...wow, that was, uh, unexpected and emotional. End of an era, kinda.

Closed~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links