The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 30th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Aegis
The Savage Nymph

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
[Metal & Colour Generation]

Help Thread

{Introduction}

Welcome to the Metal & Colour Generations Simple Question & Answer thread! <3 With the increase of threads popping up just to ask simple questions, I decided a thread specifically for that purpose might be helpful. It actually would have been up a while ago, but I was busy with other stuff . Anywho, I hope this thread will be helpful to many of you! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me :3 And yes, this is almost the exact same as the Advanced Generation thread XD;
So basically, just post asking whatever question you might have. Other members will come along and give you answers if there is one, and there you go! <3
{Rules}

→ This thread is for asking simple questions about any of the Metal & Colour Generation games (Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal). If you have a question about any of the other games, check out their own respective forums.

→ Before posting in here, please check Google or a reliable Pokémon fansite for answers. It will be a lot faster.

→ All of the PokéCommunity rules apply to this thread.

→ Do not make a post asking why people haven't answered your question. Give it time, eventually somebody will come along and answer it.

{Announcements}

December 28 2008
Lawl, as soon as I start the Advanced Generation thread a billion threads pop up in Metal & Colour 8( Just my luck.

Gold for gold and silver for... silver XD;

XII. The Savage Nymph
OT3 ☆ Aegis × Lightning × Arcanine
LINKS ☆ LiveJournal x Backloggery x Twitter

Last edited by curiousnathan; June 16th, 2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old December 31st, 2008, 02:20 PM
AnimeWolfBunny
Beginning Trainer

Would it be better to take your pokemon to the pokemon center when its health is on red or when it faints? You know there are some pokemon that level up with happiness. The best was to boost its happiness is to battle with it right? Well if you battle with it, and its health is on red, and you take it to the pokemon center and heal it, will that increase its happiness more than just letting it faint? Please help!
Old December 31st, 2008, 09:52 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Nature: Relaxed
Hmm, I have absolutely no idea. Years ago, when I played Gold, I remember wondering that....anyone have the answer out there?
Old December 31st, 2008, 09:54 PM
MartinNFLFalcon
Trainer

When the pokemon faints. It's happyness goes down.
So theres your answer there pretty much eh?

Pokemon Diamond Friend Code:
2449-8699-7486
Old January 1st, 2009, 01:37 PM
zurieau
Flamboyant.

Fainting = Disliking.

If you played Yellow, you would've noticed that after you let Pikachu faint and turned around to talk to it when it had recovered, it'd have its back turned with dislike.
Also, if you happened to have tried the same concept in G/S and then plugged your cartridge into Pokemon Stadium 2, you would've seen their "happiness" rating drop (if it had the potential to drop).

FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL | 3DS FC: 4313-1000-7185
Old January 2nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
EffervescentEevee
Eevee Breeder

Hey, I have an actual question!

Come one and all and flaunt your knowledge to a poor little fool such as myself.

Right, so I have 2 GBA SPs, a BRAND NEW link cable and a copy of Crystal and Silver Version.
However when I try to trade. one game saves and then readies itself to begin the trading but the other one claims that my "friend is not ready" ,even though they clearly are. When I first tried trading, I pressed the A button at the same time for both and then again where I left a few seconds of discrepancy between the two.
I have also tried again a number of times, switching the cables etc but the problem remains the same.

Could anyone shed some light on the situation, pwease?

This kind of thing ALWAYS happens to me.

Allura the level 40 Eevee!
Old January 2nd, 2009, 04:07 PM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by EffervescentEevee View Post
Hey, I have an actual question!

Come one and all and flaunt your knowledge to a poor little fool such as myself.

Right, so I have 2 GBA SPs, a BRAND NEW link cable and a copy of Crystal and Silver Version.
However when I try to trade. one game saves and then readies itself to begin the trading but the other one claims that my "friend is not ready" ,even though they clearly are. When I first tried trading, I pressed the A button at the same time for both and then again where I left a few seconds of discrepancy between the two.
I have also tried again a number of times, switching the cables etc but the problem remains the same.

Could anyone shed some light on the situation, pwease?

This kind of thing ALWAYS happens to me.
Most likely your cable is a GBA cable. GBC and GBA cables will both fit in a GBA, but GBC cables only work with GBC games and GBA cables only work with GBA games.

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:52 AM
invisible-chan
~Pocky Goddess~

Originally Posted by IIMarckus View Post
Most likely your cable is a GBA cable. GBC and GBA cables will both fit in a GBA, but GBC cables only work with GBC games and GBA cables only work with GBA games.
XD Same thing happened to me and my friend. We figured it out though and I had to brin in my brother's GBC.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 03:06 AM
Gokufan
Beginning Trainer

Hey, is there any tool that allow to convert pokemon from 2nd Gen to 3rd Gen? It would be cool, something like save editor? :/
Old January 3rd, 2009, 07:13 AM
Squeegee Beckenheim
SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)

Location: In a cottage waiting for my mansion over the hilltop!
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to Squeegee Beckenheim Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Squeegee Beckenheim
I don't believe so, but I also never tried. Could you explain what you want to do in more detail, and I'll research it.

Use to be "The Hunk"
Old January 3rd, 2009, 07:56 AM
Gokufan
Beginning Trainer

I'm searching for something that would convert my pokemon from 1st or 2nd generation to the GBA ones, anything. I tried one Pokemon Maker that makes gameshark codes of a pokemon, but i didn't know my pokemon EV's and i got bad egg in box :/
Old January 3rd, 2009, 07:59 AM
Squeegee Beckenheim

Send a message via AIM to Squeegee Beckenheim Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Squeegee Beckenheim
I know you can't transfer them from 1st/2nd to 3rd, but I am sure there is a way you could make Pokemon in the 3rd that are like twins of your old ones. I would just wait, I am not the person to ask about cheat devices since I have never used one.

Use to be "The Hunk"
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:33 AM
EffervescentEevee
Eevee Breeder

So now I must buy an GBC cable?

Ah fiddlesticks!
What a rip off...

But thank you very much for all of your help!

Allura the level 40 Eevee!
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
Squeegee Beckenheim

Good luck finding a GBC cable, I don't think you can buy them in stores anymore.

Use to be "The Hunk"
Old January 3rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunk View Post
Good luck finding a GBC cable, I don't think you can buy them in stores anymore.
You can usually find new/used/old ones in game trading stores

EDIT: Crystal Question:
In Crystal you introduce yourself to Oak at the start. Shouldn't this be Elm. Because when getting the Egg from Mr. Pokemon, you meet Oak for presumably the first time.

Last edited by Gulpin; January 3rd, 2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old January 5th, 2009, 09:23 PM
JTruex
Beginning Trainer

Does yellow have Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander in the game or do you have to trade them from the other version?
Old January 5th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Shiny Rotom
Beginning Trainer

it has them in the game you get bulbasaur in celadon,squirtle in the town were you battle lt. surge and i don't remember were you get charrmander

Burning Inferno

Courtesy of Shuckle-san

My trade thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...94#post5940594
Old January 5th, 2009, 10:52 PM
msdmario
Community Supporter Tier 3

Charmander can be obtained by a trainer at the Northwest corner of Route 24 after beating all the trainers on Nugget Bridge. He is where TM 45 is.
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:58 AM
FastTonyDeNiro
Trainer

Hey guys I had a quick question for you. It's more of an opinion-based question, but I was hoping to get some input from some of you.

I'm playing Crystal, and I'm just about to the lake of rage. I have a Dragonaire on my team, but I'm thinking of dropping it. Dragonite is great, but by the time I get to lvl 55 I'll have beaten all 16 gyms and the Dragonite won't be much use. Dragonaire isn't very good so I'm not sure I want to use it.

I'm looking at adding a flying type to my team. I don't like using a "fly slave" since I fly around so much, I prefer teaching fly to a permanent member of my team.

So, besides legendaries, what is a good flying pokemon to use? I was looking at either Crobat or Skarmory....good idea?
Old January 6th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastTonyDeNiro View Post
Hey guys I had a quick question for you. It's more of an opinion-based question, but I was hoping to get some input from some of you.

I'm playing Crystal, and I'm just about to the lake of rage. I have a Dragonaire on my team, but I'm thinking of dropping it. Dragonite is great, but by the time I get to lvl 55 I'll have beaten all 16 gyms and the Dragonite won't be much use. Dragonaire isn't very good so I'm not sure I want to use it.

I'm looking at adding a flying type to my team. I don't like using a "fly slave" since I fly around so much, I prefer teaching fly to a permanent member of my team.

So, besides legendaries, what is a good flying pokemon to use? I was looking at either Crobat or Skarmory....good idea?
I prefer Crobat, but since this is in-game, any Pokemon that can learn Fly would work, even if it does have bad stats.
Old January 6th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Opecadom
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Opecadom Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Opecadom Send a message via Yahoo to Opecadom Send a message via Skype™ to Opecadom
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastTonyDeNiro View Post

I would stick with Dragonite. By the time it DOES evolve as you say you'll have a good Pokemon to face "Red" and even so if you take some time and train Dragonair (depending on your patience) you can train it in Victory Road at least to level 50 and from there try to use it throughout most of the pokemon league and it should evolve before you reach the 9th badge.
Old January 6th, 2009, 08:03 AM
JX Valentine
Your aquatic overlord

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
To add:

Obtaining Bulbasaur: Check the house next to the Pokémon Center in Cerulean City. (Not Celadon.) You can meet Melanie there, a girl at the very back of the room. If your Pikachu is at its happiest (try feeding him Potions, even when he's at full health), talk to her as soon as you can to receive Bulbasaur.

Obtaining Charmander: Go talk to Damian northwest of Nugget Bridge. Nothing special here, if I recall correctly.

Obtaining Squirtle: Beat Lt. Surge, then go talk to Officer Jenny in Vermilion City. She'll give Squirtle to you.

Naturally, for all three, you'll need an open space in your party to accept them.

Need some light reading?
Anima Ex Machina (Chapter 20 now available)
The Leaf Green Incident (SWC 2012 winner)
Braid (Creepypasta apparently)
Domain | Dreamwidth | Twitter
Old January 7th, 2009, 07:58 AM
.Iramet
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via AIM to .Iramet
How can you replace the internal battery in Crystal?
I just found my game after ages, and I was in hysterics that's how happy I was, so I played for a b it then saved the game and went for dinner, I came back and the save file wasn't their.
Please respond.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out that you only need a watch battery, and the installation is quite easy.

Last edited by .Iramet; January 7th, 2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old January 11th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Simoo-n
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Crystal Question:
In Crystal you introduce yourself to Oak at the start. Shouldn't this be Elm. Because when getting the Egg from Mr. Pokemon, you meet Oak for presumably the first time
I haven't thougt about that. But you'r right!
Old January 12th, 2009, 02:17 PM
4lch3my
relatively unbeatable :D

can i trade from gold to ruby????????????? please i foung my old mons from like when i was a kid and i love them to bits and wat em for my new games

Sponsored Links

Advertise here