Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation
Reload this Page Pokerus? Ever had one?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (08:32 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Shiny_Unown.
Shiny_Unown

So to me, the Pokerus has always been more of a myth to me, up until Gen 4. Has anyone ever obtained a pokemon with a pokerus?
Old 2 Weeks Ago (04:47 PM).
LordOfMinecraft
LordOfMinecraft

I haven't. Isn't it weird how little threads there are here?
Old 2 Weeks Ago (06:12 PM).
Imperator161

I finally caught Pokerus in ORAS, but had never had it before that. I've definitely seen pictures of it in gen III, and I know it can exist in gen II, but it's obviously rarer in the pre-wifi era because individuals have to catch it themselves and can't spread it easily to people all over the world.

And re: the second post, yeah, there aren't too many threads. This isn't the most active forum, but many of the discussions that are here are good.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (07:11 PM).
Zoinkity

Nature: Modest
Was lucky enough to happen across it after a few years of playing Silver. Figured out how to spread it too before it wore off thankfully.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (08:42 PM).
Shiny_Unown

Quote originally posted by Zoinkity:
Was lucky enough to happen across it after a few years of playing Silver. Figured out how to spread it too before it wore off thankfully.
THats great. how accomplished did you feel and what indication did it give to let you know it was pokerus?

to me pokerus will forever be the more mythical one than shinies.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:19 PM).
Sylphiel
beyond the twilight

Nature: Quirky
I actually somehow got the pokerus once on my gold version. I don't even remember which pokemon had it, but I just remember playing it one day because I was bored and...something seemed a little different when I looked at my menu...

Yep. I couldn't ever catch a shiny pokemon in that game, but I somehow managed to get one of my pokemon to catch the pokerus. Go figure.

Didn't play much after that and of course that save is now gone. I've never seen it pop up again in any other game so far.

» Paired with
Ausaudriel
8/14/2007
, yo.
» sketch.threaddAtumblr
Old 2 Weeks Ago (04:24 AM).
Zoinkity

Nature: Modest
Well, there was the in-game text but I had already noticed the increase in experience from battles. At the time I had no idea it was completely random to catch it in the first place so it was a tad bit frustrating trying to work out the conditions for getting it.

When it passed to another party member though--mwahahaha! That was good enough.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (01:13 PM).
DyingWillFlareon
Finally claimed Flareon ftw

Nature: Adamant
The only way I've been able to catch PokeRus was through Wondertrade on AS. It would have been nice to catch, especially early on.

Shhh PreciousMetals Version coming soon.....
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature
Come check out my Challenge! Owner of The Dexholders' Challenge!
Need something to completly take over and rule your free time? Wynaut Pokemon Trivia?
Currently playing:
Legacylocke: Day 2; Mega Evolution Silver Single run: 6/6 16/16 @Mt. Silver; PokeSweet Version DuoSpecies Single Challenge Fudgisaur/Cupcat 2/2 3/8; Pokemon Ultimate Solo Run w/ Sableye 1/5 missions completed; Pokemon Ruby Ones that got Away: (To be started); Pokemon Random FireRed Omega: 5/6 4/8; Pokemon Random Platinum Challenge: 5/6 5/8; Type Cycle Challenge: 0/3 0/8 (To be started!); Date of Birth Challenge: (To be started!); Dex Holder National: Kanto 0/4 Johto Hoenn Sinnoh Unova
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links