The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 14th, 2009, 12:51 AM
FastTonyDeNiro
Trainer

Advertise here
Nope, no trading from gold to ruby. It really sucks but ya. You can only trade within the GSC generation for the most part. You can trade back to RBY but only pokemon that existed in those games. So you can't trade a Tyranitar back to blue, for example.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/fast_tony_deniro/trainercard2.png
Old January 19th, 2009, 08:13 AM
dc_united
Josh Wicks doesn't like you

Nature: Adamant
How do I get bulbasaur in Yellow? I've tried whenever I play it, but the woman always says "It needs a good trainer to take care of it" any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvo819 View Post
i saw a hypno once called "bootysweat"

i lol'ed and traded for it, because it was too funny to not trade for
Old January 19th, 2009, 08:30 AM
JX Valentine
Your aquatic overlord

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_united View Post
How do I get bulbasaur in Yellow? I've tried whenever I play it, but the woman always says "It needs a good trainer to take care of it" any help would be greatly appreciated.
Buy a bunch of Potions from the store. Now, make sure you're already pretty close with Pikachu before going to her. (Winning battles, healing up, that sort of thing.) Now, go to Melanie (the woman in the house) and stand directly in front of her. Face Pikachu and keep feeding Potions to it, but be sure to talk to it after every one you give. When it starts jumping for joy, immediately turn to Melanie and talk to her. She should notice that your Pikachu is insanely happy and hand you Bulbasaur (providing you have space for it).

Need some light reading?
Anima Ex Machina (Chapter 20 now available)
The Leaf Green Incident (SWC 2012 winner)
Braid (Creepypasta apparently)
Domain | Dreamwidth | Twitter

Last edited by Lilith; March 31st, 2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Gokufan
Beginning Trainer

Hi guys, i have a question. I have Gameboy Color and original Pokemon Yellow cartridge. I heard that battery runs out in many games, so i want to make backup of my save. Is that possible to transfer save with some tool, compatible with Game boy Color? Plz help :/

Oh yeah and it would be cool to resend save back to the game after trading pokemon in emulator
Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
Nope. it's not possible. You'll definitely lose your save data.

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:42 PM
Gokufan
Beginning Trainer

Oh, i thought that there is some Gameshark that can do it, Pokemon are cruel
Old January 24th, 2009, 06:05 PM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

There is a tool, called the Mega Memory Card and manufactured by InterAct (who also made Gamesharks). The card can back up and restore saves for all GBC games.

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old January 29th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Horizon
The wanderer.
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Just wanted to ask here, since I haven't delved into the realms of Gen II for some time.

In conjuction with glithces in gen I and my old Crystal Pokémon (which are now on Blue) I want to make a new save on Crystal. Trouble is, the internal battery is dead. What I need to know basically is, should I replace the battery myself or buy a new cartridge from eBay or somewhere? I have found the instructions for replacing the battery and it doesn't sound too complicated, but I just wanted to ask what would be the best thing to do.
Ex-D/P/P Moderator ~ FC: 1547-5175-5150
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:19 PM
FastTonyDeNiro
Trainer

Well if you're sure you can replace the battery and do it right, then go ahead and do it. Just realize that if you make a mistake, your game is going to be no good.

If you're not sure you can do it, then just get a new game. You can find Crystal on ebay for 15-20 bucks, and as long as you buy from a power seller it should work just fine. I got mine on there and it works perfectly.

Old February 7th, 2009, 09:24 PM
.Iramet
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via AIM to .Iramet
@Horizon:
Chances are, if you get one off of ebay, the internal battery will be dead.
You can easily put the battery in yourself, whth a small knife and screwdriver.
Old February 17th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Neutrino
The Jelly-Stuff of legend...

Nature: Naughty
okay, this is my question, and it may ,make me sound stupid, but i'm gonna ask it anyway. on pkmn red, i'm having trouble catching zapdos. People have said you need to throw ultra balls or else it will miss. i am throwing ultra balls, and it still misses! people have also said you need to throw ultra balls and get it's health down low with a status condition. i did that with toxic right down to where it had one hp left! and the ultra balls still missed! and some people said that you need to catch it with a master ball, but when my sister was on her pokemon blue, she didn't use a master bal to catch it! help!
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:26 AM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by bumbleblast96 View Post
okay, this is my question, and it may ,make me sound stupid, but i'm gonna ask it anyway. on pkmn red, i'm having trouble catching zapdos. People have said you need to throw ultra balls or else it will miss. i am throwing ultra balls, and it still misses! people have also said you need to throw ultra balls and get it's health down low with a status condition. i did that with toxic right down to where it had one hp left! and the ultra balls still missed! and some people said that you need to catch it with a master ball, but when my sister was on her pokemon blue, she didn't use a master bal to catch it! help!
Keep tossing Ultra Balls. Sometimes they miss, sometimes they connect.

Also, sleep is more effective than poison.

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Sesh
X}

Send a message via AIM to Sesh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sesh
Like he said it's not always gonna work, and if you poison it you're limiting your time ESPECIALLY when you use toxic as it worsens every turn. Just save before you fight it and keep trying, and DON'T get discouraged.

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed...If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
[Is myspace your drug?]

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
[To like rap is to fail XP]
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Callandor
Mageganistic!!!!!!!!!

Nature: Quiet
Okay, I have two questions.

First: Does anyone know a working mew glitch for the Blue verson. I've heard of alot of them, but most just screw your game up or don't work. Also not sure if I am aloud to ask this.

Second: For Crystal, how do you find the Rock Smash TM. I feel like screaming form how hard it is.
Old February 17th, 2009, 05:13 PM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by Callandor View Post
First: Does anyone know a working mew glitch for the Blue verson. I've heard of alot of them, but most just screw your game up or don't work. Also not sure if I am aloud to ask this.
http://glitchcity.info/docs/ditto/mew
Quote:
Second: For Crystal, how do you find the Rock Smash TM. I feel like screaming form how hard it is.
Once you have battled Sudowoodo, talk to the fat man to the right of where it was.

Old February 17th, 2009, 09:37 PM
FastTonyDeNiro
Trainer

Originally Posted by bumbleblast96 View Post
For the love of God don't use Toxic! Never use poison as your status effect because it will eventually ko the pokemon.

Get it's HP down into the red, as low as you can get it, and put it to sleep. Paralyzing it will work too but putting it to sleep works better. Then toss ultra balls at it.

It's gonna take awhile because a lot of them miss, but eventually one should work. Save before you start the battle because Zapdos is really hard to catch, as is Articuno and Moltres.

Just buy as many ultra balls as you can. Great balls will also work in a pinch but it will be harder to catch with those ones.

Old February 18th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Sesh
X}

Send a message via AIM to Sesh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sesh
Quote:
Okay, I have two questions.

The glitch IIMarckus gave you works but! keep in mind the Mew is at level 7 XD so make sure you bring a bunch of weak pokemon! and at least one strong one so that just in case.. you probably won't have to worry about getting your weak pokemon killed as with any legendary bring plenty of ultra balls and good luck!

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed...If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
[Is myspace your drug?]

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
[To like rap is to fail XP]
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Callandor
Mageganistic!!!!!!!!!

sank you very much to all who awensered.
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:25 PM
NitroMethane
Beginning Trainer

i have a level 21 bayleef and he doesnt seem to do any damage to scyther and i always die.please help me
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:28 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

MAYBE YOU SHOULD PRESS CAPS LOCK *Presses Caps Lock* Now that looks better... on-topic Bayleef generally woun't do any damage to a Scyther so maybe try catching a Hoot-Hoot or Pidgey and training it up, till it learns Wing Attack and then it'll beat Scyther.

paired with christos
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:35 PM
sasuneuchiha
Neither Darkness nor Light...

Send a message via AIM to sasuneuchiha Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to sasuneuchiha
Or you could go catch a Geodude or Onix...or trade for one...

Credit to The Blueprint for this beautiful banner!

Those people to claim to be my family members...

Pair Brother Cousin

Old February 19th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Kudra
IV breeder

Scyther is 4x weak to rock attacks, so just one or two rock throws from geodude or onix will beat it. It is also 4x resistant to grass attacks so don't just teach Bayleef all grass attacks. Don't just go through the game with one pokemon, also. It is generally a bad idea.

Diamond FC: 5240 8381 4897

White FC: 5286 0888 4162
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:57 PM
ShinjisLover
Later Potater!

Nature: Lax
Start out with a Hinoarashi (Cyndaquil) next time. ^_~ It's quick, easy, and it'll be leveled up by the time you get to the gym!

» Yay
» I'm the world champ, you know
» You rock, woohoo
» Oh, I'm sorry, am I interrupting?
Old February 19th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Frostbiteकर्म
Life's Short. Stop Fighting.

Nature: Lonely
Well...I didn't have that problem, 'cuz I started with a Cyndaquil (isn't that obvious?) But you should just catch a Pidgey and level it up...they're very helpful as well Ugh...but when I was battling Whitney I sure had a tough time.............

*Sig credit to Comic Tragedy/moments.
Old February 19th, 2009, 02:31 PM
dc_united
Josh Wicks doesn't like you

Nature: Adamant
You need to level up any rock or flying type, preferably Spearow or Onix (in my opinion. Pidgey, hoothoot, or even zubat might do better). If you have other games, I suggest trading a phanphy or larvitar to yourself, since both will slaughter anything bugsy throws against you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvo819 View Post
i saw a hypno once called "bootysweat"

i lol'ed and traded for it, because it was too funny to not trade for
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here