The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Talke a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 10th, 2011, 04:04 AM
brad08
Beginning Trainer

How long does kurt take to make balls and is there a way I can speed this time up?
Old October 10th, 2011, 04:31 AM
gvgisdi
Officially addicted to Crystal

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad08 View Post
How long does kurt take to make balls and is there a way I can speed this time up?
One day, you can't speed it up.
Old October 13th, 2011, 04:32 AM
dazalincho
Beginning Trainer

I asked my friend what his favourite Pokemon game was and it was Pokemon Blue. So I started playing it (first Pokemon game I've played) and I really like it. I have a level 42 Charizard, level 29 Dugtrio (main ones) and the rest of them are:

Meowth lvl 10
Caterpie lvl 3
Kakuna lvl 6
Rattata lvl 6
Geodude lvl 9
Pidgey lvl 9
Female Nidoran lvl 10
Spearow lvl 8
Paras lvl 10
Zubat lvl 12
Pikachu lvl 11
Sandshrew lvl 13 and 15
Butterfree lvl 10
Magikarp lvl 13
Diglett lvl 16 and 22
Jigglypuff lvl 13
Bellsprout lvl 15

I have three questions:
  1. Which Pokemon will eventually become very strong and I should use it in battles to level it up?
  2. At what level should I evolve Jigglypuff?
  3. Where can I get the thunderstone (I think I need it) to evolve Pikachu and at what level should I use it?

Thanks!
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:21 AM
FlameChocobo
Warrior of Hoenn

Nature: Lonely
My answer to Question #2 is that Jigglypuff only evolves using a Moonstone, so you don't have to level it up.

And to Question #3, if you want to teach it Thunder, I'd start grinding it till it's level 43. Otherwise, Level 33 is your best bet. As for the Thunderstone, I'd buy it at Celadon City.

Not sure about Question #1.
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:16 AM
dazalincho
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameChocobo View Post
My answer to Question #2 is that Jigglypuff only evolves using a Moonstone, so you don't have to level it up.

And to Question #3, if you want to teach it Thunder, I'd start grinding it till it's level 43. Otherwise, Level 33 is your best bet. As for the Thunderstone, I'd buy it at Celadon City.

Not sure about Question #1.
Thanks a lot. I think I will wait until Pikachu is either 33 or 43 then. Depends if I like the attacks at that stage enough.

I have another question which is open to anybody. I have earned 1550 coins from the slots in Celadon city so far. The options for buying with them are: Abra (120) Clefairy (750) Nidorino (1200) Pinsir (2500) Dratini (4600) Porygon (6500) TM23 (3300) TM15 (5500) or TM50 (7700)

I am wondering which one I should spend money on. I may be able to get more than one... but that depends on how much they are I guess. I was thinking about either Dratini or Nidorino. Only saying Nidorino because it is a lot cheaper, although probably won't end up half as good in the long run... so I don't know what to do,
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
You might consider raising that Magikarp. At level 20, it evolves into Gyarados, which is a decent Pokemon. The others you have listed aren't really that great though, so I wouldn't exactly bother leveling them up. Unfortunately, some of the best Pokemon in Blue only evolve by trade, which is hard to do with the older games since most people don't have the stuff to trade with anymore.

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

alli: i don't feel like being the big bad bottle of orange juice today
Necrum: Is that a reference to your Smod color? lol
alli: yes
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:20 PM
dazalincho
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
You might consider raising that Magikarp. At level 20, it evolves into Gyarados, which is a decent Pokemon. The others you have listed aren't really that great though, so I wouldn't exactly bother leveling them up. Unfortunately, some of the best Pokemon in Blue only evolve by trade, which is hard to do with the older games since most people don't have the stuff to trade with anymore.
Alright, I think I'll do that then. I was working on leveling up Magikarp but when it has no attack it was a bit repetitive after a while, switching Pokemon and doing the same routine over and over! But I guess Gyarados would be worth the effort!
Old November 1st, 2011, 10:54 AM
gee2k8
Slicker than your average

Nature: Jolly
My question relates to using pokemon blue/red roms on the pc and the ability to play with friends who are at their own pc in a different geographical area. (Birmingham for me and Leicester for my friend).
I want to know if it is at all possible to battle/trade with a friend using an emulator so that we can play the game at our own leisure in the comfort of our own living rooms whilst having the option to dive on too the internet and battle each other as we go along.

I've googled it a fair amount today but i havent found anything concrete. Please confirm if anyone has any knowledge of this being possible or even something similar.
Old November 1st, 2011, 11:17 AM
Deliciousfruit233

Nature: Lax
I'm pretty sure it's impossible. The best you can do is have your friend bring his save file on a flash drive and use TGB Dual to battle on the same PC.
Old November 1st, 2011, 11:21 AM
The Author
The Hero of Knothole Glade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliciousfruit233 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's impossible. The best you can do is have your friend bring his save file on a flash drive and use TGB Dual to battle on the same PC.
I'm pretty sure netplay is possible, but the problem doesn't really come up much with GB ROMs. Newer DS emulators can link to Wifi and Project64 has a netplay plugin in the making, so it wouldn't be a surprise if there was ever a GB/GBA netplay option in future versions of VBA or something.
The Musician
The Transcendentalist

The Author
The Philosopher
The Architect
The Psychologist
The Artist
Old November 9th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
How do I erase a saved file without having to start a new game? I know it's possible cause I got Pokemon Gold used and the battery's good in it, but it looks like it hasn't been played cause there was no saved game on it. Yet the game's not brand new. It's been played before. And I don't think someone would go though the trouble of buying a new battery if there selling it.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old November 9th, 2011, 01:13 PM
JakeyBoy
Riddle me this

Nature: Naughty
There's usually a button combination that you can press at the title screen that deletes saves, it's something like Start, Select and A.
EDIT: On Yellow it's Select, B and Up. Start and A makes no sense in retrospect.

Last edited by JakeyBoy; November 9th, 2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old November 10th, 2011, 03:18 AM
gee2k8
Slicker than your average

I have 2 Gameboy Advance consoles and copy of pokemon red and blue. Question is, can i link battle/trade? If so, what cable do i need?
Old December 4th, 2011, 09:27 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2k8 View Post
I have 2 Gameboy Advance consoles and copy of pokemon red and blue. Question is, can i link battle/trade? If so, what cable do i need?
Of course you can! Get any link cable that is compatible with GBA and it will work. It'll look like this: link but some of them will only have two ends. Just search for 'GBA link cable and you'll find what you need.
Old December 5th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Actually, that's incorrect. You would need two older Game Boys and the corresponding link cable to those systems. GBAs and their cables aren't able to link older games together. However, there are some third party cables that somehow support older games, despite being for GBA. You could hunt those.

If Myrrhman is right though (cause last time I tried linking old games with my GBA, it didn't work from what I remember), let me know cause I'd love to trade with my older games lol.

Old December 5th, 2011, 07:15 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Really? I could have sworn that I linked my GBA (with Blue Cartridge in it) with my SP (with Silver in it) and that exact GBA cord...
Old December 21st, 2011, 08:18 PM
Magikarp Queen
Magikarp Tamer

Nature: Quirky
I recently bought a copy of Blue from the local thrift store. He allowed me to test it on one of the GBCs for sale, and it worked just fine. So I bought the catridge and forgot about it for a month or two. Recently I found it, and it was still in the little protector case. Earlier today I went to play it in my GBA, and it wouldn't load. It would get to the 'Gameboy' screen, and the Nintendo was a little glitchy. Then, it would just freeze. I rebooted it several times and blew into the game and the Gameboy, but it didn't work! Does anyone have any advice on how to fix it?
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:25 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikarp Queen View Post
I recently bought a copy of Blue from the local thrift store. He allowed me to test it on one of the GBCs for sale, and it worked just fine. So I bought the catridge and forgot about it for a month or two. Recently I found it, and it was still in the little protector case. Earlier today I went to play it in my GBA, and it wouldn't load. It would get to the 'Gameboy' screen, and the Nintendo was a little glitchy. Then, it would just freeze. I rebooted it several times and blew into the game and the Gameboy, but it didn't work! Does anyone have any advice on how to fix it?
It sounds like the game is just old and glitchy. Do other games work in the GBA?
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:37 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikarp Queen View Post
Like what vaporeon7, I also think that the game is just old.
I think you got to buy a new one. Maybe you can get a refund, but I don't think so as you bought it a few months ago.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old December 22nd, 2011, 08:08 AM
pokestall
Beginning Trainer

If it's the cartridge try taking a Q-tip with a little bit of rubbing alcohol and cleaning the contacts. I do that on my old NES games and it works great!
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:54 AM
Magikarp Queen
Magikarp Tamer

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokestall View Post
If it's the cartridge try taking a Q-tip with a little bit of rubbing alcohol and cleaning the contacts. I do that on my old NES games and it works great!
Okay, I'll try that. Thank you!

And yes, other GBC games do work on the GBA. In fact, I just played a few hours on my Red, so it can't be the system.
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Jak
greatest of heroes

I was considering having an Espeon with Shadow Ball, but then I remembered Eevee learns Bite at 30, so should I have Bite instead of Shadow Ball on Espeon? Only reason I'm asking is because Bite is still a special attack in Gen II, while SB is still physical. Obviously Espeon isn't a physical attacker, but Bite only has 60 base power as opposed to SB's 80. So...obviously big difference. Yeah. Thanks in advance!

Old January 25th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I was considering having an Espeon with Shadow Ball, but then I remembered Eevee learns Bite at 30, so should I have Bite instead of Shadow Ball on Espeon? Only reason I'm asking is because Bite is still a special attack in Gen II, while SB is still physical. Obviously Espeon isn't a physical attacker, but Bite only has 60 base power as opposed to SB's 80. So...obviously big difference. Yeah. Thanks in advance!
I would say yes to Bite. Shadow Ball may be stronger for someone else, but with Espeon's bordeline godly special attack, Bite's 20 BP difference is made up to some extent. Not only that, but you're able to hit a lot more Pokemon with it. (lol only one type)
But still, I would say Bite.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Draknir
The God of Fire

Okay, I have the Japanese version of Pokemon Crystal. I'm at Goldenrod, and I'm wondering how I get the Egg Ticket to redeem for the Odd Egg. I've tried searching for it, but I've not found a definite answer.
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by >Entei< View Post
Okay, I have the Japanese version of Pokemon Crystal. I'm at Goldenrod, and I'm wondering how I get the Egg Ticket to redeem for the Odd Egg. I've tried searching for it, but I've not found a definite answer.
From what I'm reading, you actually get the ticket from the Daycare man himself. Then, you take the ticket to the PCC in Goldenrod City (which is the larger Pokemon Center) and bring it to the trading center inside. There, the ticket can be traded for an Odd Egg, which contains a random, shiny, baby Pokemon which knows Dizzy Punch.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links