The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
You mean ROMs? If you want ROMs, you will have to Google them. We can't give them out here. If you want working copies of games, try a local gaming store if you have one. If you don't, then there's still eBay, but be very careful when buying games from there.

Play the game to change the game
Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:39 PM
北海道

Quote:
Originally Posted by openkaart View Post
were to find gbc save games?
You mean the .sav files you get by playing in an emulator?
If yes, you should try codejunkies
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:20 AM
fjrocks366
Beginning Trainer

So I just landed in Vermillion City with a Feraligatr Ho-Oh and Amparos Level 40 or higher. Now my other pokemon are complete and utter crap. A Dragonair Lv 35 that knows no moves of significance, and a Swinub Lv 26 that I was trying to train for the Pkmn League. Where should I train to build up exp and levels before the other gyms?
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjrocks366 View Post
So I just landed in Vermillion City with a Feraligatr Ho-Oh and Amparos Level 40 or higher. Now my other pokemon are complete and utter crap. A Dragonair Lv 35 that knows no moves of significance, and a Swinub Lv 26 that I was trying to train for the Pkmn League. Where should I train to build up exp and levels before the other gyms?
That's the bad thing about the 2nd generation; no good places to grind. The only place that has worthy high level Pokemon at the moment is probably Victory road. I'd go back there and get all your Pokemon to at least about 43+ Once you get further into Kanto you'll find that all the trainers give some quite good EXP. :)
Old May 20th, 2012, 06:51 PM
NRFA
Beginning Trainer

[SIZE="a"]So I've never finished a Pokemon game before and, um, well I have all of them.

The one that I want to beat first though is Blue. So I'm wondering what you guys think is the best class For (B/R/Y)

K I guess I'll see you in my next post! Bye![/SIZE]
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Tsukimaru
Double battles veteran

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukimaru
hey guys. i started playing pokemon silver again this year since a group of friends and i had a "retro fever" on pokemon games from a while ago.

well, as far as i know, stat experience is gained when you defeat as many foes to get your stats reach the top. well, i´ve been wondering... since i use rare candy raising up to lv90 and +10 vitamins in everything, then fighting elite four like 25 times until i get stats get to limit, i´ve been wasting some time i would like to borrow. sssssooo, my question is, if i used a lucky egg (which i dont have yet), would the stat experience double as well?

thx for replying.

/showthread.php?t=188702

Diamond FC:1719-2198-5393.
Platinum FC:3395-0270-3626
HeartGold FC: 4297-5796-7530

Check out my battles and comment please xP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9P1Zd4exY4
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukimaru View Post
hey guys. i started playing pokemon silver again this year since a group of friends and i had a "retro fever" on pokemon games from a while ago.

well, as far as i know, stat experience is gained when you defeat as many foes to get your stats reach the top. well, i´ve been wondering... since i use rare candy raising up to lv90 and +10 vitamins in everything, then fighting elite four like 25 times until i get stats get to limit, i´ve been wasting some time i would like to borrow. sssssooo, my question is, if i used a lucky egg (which i dont have yet), would the stat experience double as well?

thx for replying.
Do you mean stat experience as in when you level up you get '+' in a stat? If so, Lucky Eggs only affect the experience, not the stat gain. Stat gain is influenced by Ev's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRFA View Post
[SIZE="a"]So I've never finished a Pokemon game before and, um, well I have all of them.

The one that I want to beat first though is Blue. So I'm wondering what you guys think is the best class For (B/R/Y)

K I guess I'll see you in my next post! Bye!
What do you mean by best class?

Last edited by Perrie ✿; June 26th, 2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Tsukimaru
Double battles veteran

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukimaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

Do you mean stat experience as in when you level up you get '+' in a stat? If so, Lucky Eggs only affect the experience, not the stat gain. Stat gain is influenced by Ev's.

[SIZE="2"]

What do you mean by best class?
ehhh, no, EV didnt exist back then. the training method was called Stat Experience, which is basically experience gained by stats depending on which pokemon you defeat. it`s almost like EV, but a little complexer (imo)
since it works with the experience gained in battle, what i meant to ask is that if you use a lucky egg (which doubles experience), you gain as double SE Exp. points as regular Exp.

/showthread.php?t=188702

Diamond FC:1719-2198-5393.
Platinum FC:3395-0270-3626
HeartGold FC: 4297-5796-7530

Check out my battles and comment please xP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9P1Zd4exY4
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukimaru View Post
ehhh, no, EV didnt exist back then. the training method was called Stat Experience, which is basically experience gained by stats depending on which pokemon you defeat. it`s almost like EV, but a little complexer (imo)
since it works with the experience gained in battle, what i meant to ask is that if you use a lucky egg (which doubles experience), you gain as double SE Exp. points as regular Exp.
Oh, well then. :x I'm not really familiar with the mechanics of Gen I/II. Bulbapedia or Serebii may have something on it. Mostly Bulbapedia, though. Or even Smogon. I suggest checking those sites! :)

Last edited by Perrie ✿; June 26th, 2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: error u_u
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Sydian
revolution

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_value

Here's the page for effort values which also mentions gen I and II's stat exp. Perhaps that will help, but I personally have never run into a guide for SE training. Smogon sounds like a better bet in finding something that will help.

Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
PokeLux
Beginning Trainer

Hello! I'm new to this forum, so if the thread is placed wrong, I do beg you pardon.

Me and my friend decided to trade some Pokemons between the two versions. He is using a GBA SP and i use a GBA. The cable is called Gamester. The problem is, that the 2nd player always has to save before the trading can begin, while the 1st player doesn't. This in the other hand, makes the whole thing fail. It tells the other player is not yet ready, or that it has been timed-out. I have no idea how to make this work, or if it's even possible. But I do hope some of you do. Maybe I need a new cable?

If there is someting you dont understand, please ask!
Thank's in advance!
PokeLux
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:25 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeLux View Post
Hello! I'm new to this forum, so if the thread is placed wrong, I do beg you pardon.

Me and my friend decided to trade some Pokemons between the two versions. He is using a GBA SP and i use a GBA. The cable is called Gamester. The problem is, that the 2nd player always has to save before the trading can begin, while the 1st player doesn't. This in the other hand, makes the whole thing fail. It tells the other player is not yet ready, or that it has been timed-out. I have no idea how to make this work, or if it's even possible. But I do hope some of you do. Maybe I need a new cable?

If there is someting you dont understand, please ask!
Thank's in advance!
PokeLux
To trade between Gold and Silver you need to use a Gameboy Colour/Gameboy link cable and Gameboy Colour/Gameboys. GBA stuff won't work.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:29 PM
PokeLux
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
To trade between Gold and Silver you need to use a Gameboy Colour/Gameboy link cable and Gameboy Colour/Gameboys. GBA stuff won't work.
Oh, crap! So, it won't work with only a GB/GBC cable with GBA/GBA SP? We both have to use GB/GBC, plus a new cable?

Thank you for your reply!

EDIT: I just found a forum-thread and a picture that shows you actually can connect two GBC games using two GBA cables. But since I can't link to other websites, I'll just go ahead and quote the other person.

Basically, you have two GBA devices, and two GBA cables. You plug the small (P1) connector from the first cable into the middle section of the second cable. Plug the small (P1) connector from the second cable into the middle section of the first cable. Your link cables should now make a loop on the inside, with both big (P2) cables not yet plugged in.

So, is this worth giving a try?

Last edited by PokeLux; July 4th, 2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:31 PM
death_note
Beginning Trainer

I've always wondered how does Diglett use scratch or slash if he doesn't have any arms? LOL. Maybe it does but it never shows what is under a Diglett...
Old August 7th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Sydian
revolution

That's not a game question, just a common Nintendo logic thing. So yeah. There's your answer.

Anyway, is it normal for a game to ask you if you want to reset the clock? My Silver died the other day, and I popped in Crystal today and it still works, but I was afraid it was gonna die because it was like "NO SET TIME" on the continue option. Then it asked me to reset the time. And it works fine. Please tell me it's not about to die, lol. :( Or is this even normal. Never had this happen with any other game.

Also, who do I register in my PokeGear for Thunderstones? I think it's a picnicker on the route left of Ecruteak, but I wanna double check.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Sydian; August 7th, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old August 7th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Dartht33bagger
Only plays Gen I and II

My crystal asked me to reset the time the last time I got on it too and the save was still fine. I haven't been on it for about 3 years, so I imagine the hardware that keeps track of time somehow to got off. I can't guarantee that the battery won't die soon, so take my experience with a grain of salt.
Old August 9th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Luigi-San
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Also, who do I register in my PokeGear for Thunderstones? I think it's a picnicker on the route left of Ecruteak, but I wanna double check.

Thanks in advance!
It's Lass Dana, and yes, she's on Route 38.

Old August 11th, 2012, 07:06 AM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
I'm playing Pokemon Red version right now, and I don't know how to get the tea to go to Saffron City.Could someone tell me how to do that?
Old August 11th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
I'm playing Pokemon Red version right now, and I don't know how to get the tea to go to Saffron City.Could someone tell me how to do that?
iirc in the earlier versions you can just buy a drink from Celadon department store and give that to them. If that doesn't work and it was just me imagining you can usually find the tea in the Celadon mansion.
Old August 11th, 2012, 09:09 AM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Alright.Thanks.I was thinking of Fire Red when i was doing this.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
Mac21
Beginning Trainer

First of all, hi everyone! This is my first post on PC.

Here's my problem:
I'm playing Pokemon Crystal and I'm pretty much finished. One of the last things I have left to accomplish in the game is Raikou, Entie, and Ho-oh. I encountered Raikou twice, but he managed to escape because my mean look-er fainted. (Didn't use a master ball, I'm determined to finish the game without duplicating items or Pokemon). Now I can't encounter him again if my life depended on it.

I'm doing the whole "switch between two routes while checking Pokedex" thing, but it doesn't work anymore. When I'm on a route, Raikou refuses to use any of the routes anywhere near where I am, no matter how many times I switch.

For example, I'll be switching between route 38 and Ecruteak, and the Pokedex will show him at Lake of Rage 1/3 of the time so I think "Alright, that's a hotspot then" and move to Lake of Rage. But then when I move there and try for hours he'll use everything BUT where I am. Has happened with several routes.

Am I doing something wrong, is there a problem with my game, or am I just horribly unlucky? This method worked on every Pokemon game I've ever played until now.

If anyone has any advice, I'll be glad to hear it! (Sorry for the really long-winded post.)
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

The only advice I can give ya is that he wont appear on every route, as far as I know. There's a set path that he will follow, but in random order, and will never deviate from that path, so only try this on areas that you've seen him before, whether on the Pokedex or otherwise.

Other than that, good luck man
Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
DukeofEarls
Beginning Trainer

I always used the fly around everywhere method and hope to find him method. I got all the legendary dogs this way back in the day as a kid but that's probably because I had so much free time, lol.
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:47 AM
RubyHacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofEarls View Post
I always used the fly around everywhere method and hope to find him method. I got all the legendary dogs this way back in the day as a kid but that's probably because I had so much free time, lol.
The only problem with that is the fact that when you use fly the Dog will change place as soon as you arrive at the town you used fly to reach.
Old October 28th, 2012, 09:04 PM
TRiGa
Eeveelutions Rule

Nature: Calm
Do anybody know what is Vaporeon's metagame tier during Genaration I.

Sponsored Links