Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?
Yes! Show us the Sprite! 1,074 70.47%
Sure, but just show us a Silhouette 175 11.48%
Yeah, but just show us Concept Art 124 8.14%
No! Leave it for a suprise! 151 9.91%
Voters: 1524. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old July 1st, 2009 (12:03 PM).
Ink Blot

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by Westrmistr:
XD ha ha, so we can call this battle sprite done then? I'll move on to the OWs next. But I warn you, I may have to leave soon.

Yeah, we're good. Can't wait to see how you do the OW for this thing.
Old July 1st, 2009 (03:26 PM).
If a tree falls in a forest

Quote originally posted by zeemo71:
Hey I am the best sprite collecter there is. I am not known but I basically have every good sprites out there ( not much splices) and even some of your sprites but I am making a game (not having much luck) and a couple websites for my business (different topic) but I would like to help you if tell me what you need.
I have no idea what you are talking about, but from what I can see you are going to use our sprites in a game of yours? I don't recall giving you permission to do that...? I'm afraid I can't accept your help, due to the fact that some of the sprites may be stolen if you are saving out sprites on your computer and using them for your game :\
==========================================================
Well, after a temperature of between 39 and 42, spontaneous blood noses, and extreme lethargy, I seem to be on the mend We should be back in business asap people :D We may have a major problem though... A certain error with the Fakemon inserting may have resulted in our rom being destroyed :\ Worse case scenario, we re-insert all the Fakemon, maps, and scripts, and move on from there, but this will delay us. Best case scenario, I'm mistaken Lets hope this all works out :D

The Hero sprite and Heroine overworlds, and Torzach's own Forum!
Old July 1st, 2009 (04:43 PM). Edited July 1st, 2009 by Westrmistr.
Westermeister

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by MegaMaccer:
I have no idea what you are talking about, but from what I can see you are going to use our sprites in a game of yours? I don't recall giving you permission to do that...? I'm afraid I can't accept your help, due to the fact that some of the sprites may be stolen if you are saving out sprites on your computer and using them for your game :\
Well, after a temperature of between 39 and 42, spontaneous blood noses, and extreme lethargy, I seem to be on the mend We should be back in business asap people :D We may have a major problem though... A certain error with the Fakemon inserting may have resulted in our rom being destroyed :\ Worse case scenario, we re-insert all the Fakemon, maps, and scripts, and move on from there, but this will delay us. Best case scenario, I'm mistaken Lets hope this all works out :D
I'm glad to hear you're getting better Mac. = D But I'm sorry to hear the ROM might have been destroyed. Hopefully we'll be able to fix everything.

And, here is the full entry for my latest... Entry.

Name: Westrmistr

OW: They almost look like Sir Aaron. O.o

Battle Sprite:

Other: Penniless Halo Player Enigma Bounty Hunter.

Next up are the Rangers. Let's see if those sprites can beat Me, Myself, and I. = D

I am a Spriter and part-time Mapper for:

Pokemon Torzach Forums
I support:

Old July 1st, 2009 (04:49 PM).
Ink Blot

I'm glad to hear you're getting better Mac. = D But I'm sorry to hear the ROM might have been destroyed. Hopefully we'll be able to fix everything.

And, here is the full entry for my latest... Entry.

OW: They almost looks like Sir Aaron. O.o

Battle Sprite:

Other: Penniless Halo Player Enigma Bounty Hunter.

Next up are the Rangers. Let's see if those sprites can beat Me, Myself, and I. = D
Not bad. I see you didn't even attempt the rifle on the OW. XD

Also, don't be dissing the broke Halo fan. I happen to fit that description. ANYWAY, keep the Sprites coming. I'll be happy to critique and make pretty pictures for ya. And in the spirit of West: :cer_boogie:
Old July 1st, 2009 (05:21 PM).
Westermeister

Quote originally posted by The Lost Memory of Number XIV:
Not bad. I see you didn't even attempt the rifle on the OW. XD

Also, don't be dissing the broke Halo fan. I happen to fit that description. ANYWAY, keep the Sprites coming. I'll be happy to critique and make pretty pictures for ya. And in the spirit of West: :cer_boogie:
I knew someone was going to say that. I'm going for the Rangers next. Just gotta come up with something first...

:cer_boogie:
Loading. Please wait...

Pokemon Torzach Forums
I support:

Old July 1st, 2009 (06:15 PM).
Grape Soda wut?

Nature: Naive
It looks awesomebut cute, you made a balance I'll be rooting good luck hope you finish :D
Old July 1st, 2009 (06:20 PM).
Mudkip Worshipper

Send a message via AIM to minchan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to minchan Send a message via Skype™ to minchan

ermahemuserbarcoughcough

glad you're feeling a bit better mac.

don't people on the team have copies of the rom? i'm not sure how team hacks are made since it's different people. i'm not familiar with the process. however i do think that if someone has a copy of the rom or something then that should fix the problem, right?
Old July 1st, 2009 (06:35 PM).
Westermeister

Quote originally posted by minchan:
ermahemuserbarcoughcough

glad you're feeling a bit better mac.

don't people on the team have copies of the rom? i'm not sure how team hacks are made since it's different people. i'm not familiar with the process. however i do think that if someone has a copy of the rom or something then that should fix the problem, right?
That could work. Just don't ask me, I only have one of the earlier ROMs that doesn't have any Fakemon in it. (Mac?) If Mac had sent me a copy of the recent ROM, then I would send it to 'em ASAP. But it's probably fine, and just a false alarm. At least, I hope it is.

Okay, I have made the Battle Sprite for the Rangers. But I have a question. Does there have to be both boy and girl Rangers? I'm just asking. So...

OW: :cer_boogie: Loading...

Battle Sprite:

Other: Park Ranger.

I'll get to the OWs as soon as I can.

Pokemon Torzach Forums
I support:

Old July 1st, 2009 (08:08 PM).
Ink Blot

OW: :cer_boogie: Loading...

Battle Sprite:

I'll get to the OWs as soon as I can.

It looks great. It just reminds me ALOT of the Diamond Sprite from Pt.
Old July 1st, 2009 (08:20 PM).

Quote originally posted by tehGDS:
It looks awesomebut cute, you made a balance I'll be rooting good luck hope you finish :D
Uhh, thanks?
Sorry guys, if this is off topic, please don't delete it mods Its fairly important: None of the other team members have a copy of the rom, due to the fact that the Fakemon were inserted before a lot of the scripts were inserted. Trouble is, the person who inserted knew there was going to be an issue with the Fakemon, but never told me, so we carried on like normal, only to find out a few days ago that the backsprites were weirdly inserted :\ I'm not sure if its easy or even possible to fix it, but if we do have to restart, it'll only take us about a week at the most, I imagine. Now, I'm really really in need of someone new to insert Fakemon, someone that can do front and backsprites. I really, really need someone
Also, if I go all of a sudden and don't post on the thread or reply to PM's, it probably means I'm in a hospital with no internet connection I had a severe blood nose this afternoon, and we had to get the ambulance out for me. I lost a lot of blood and the bleed took an hour to stop, and it actually feels like its starting again as I'm typing this... If I don't get on for a while, thats where I'll be, ok?

Old July 1st, 2009 (09:35 PM).
Mudkip Worshipper

Send a message via AIM to minchan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to minchan Send a message via Skype™ to minchan
Uhh, thanks?
Sorry guys, if this is off topic, please don't delete it mods Its fairly important: None of the other team members have a copy of the rom, due to the fact that the Fakemon were inserted before a lot of the scripts were inserted. Trouble is, the person who inserted knew there was going to be an issue with the Fakemon, but never told me, so we carried on like normal, only to find out a few days ago that the backsprites were weirdly inserted :\ I'm not sure if its easy or even possible to fix it, but if we do have to restart, it'll only take us about a week at the most, I imagine. Now, I'm really really in need of someone new to insert Fakemon, someone that can do front and backsprites. I really, really need someone
Also, if I go all of a sudden and don't post on the thread or reply to PM's, it probably means I'm in a hospital with no internet connection I had a severe blood nose this afternoon, and we had to get the ambulance out for me. I lost a lot of blood and the bleed took an hour to stop, and it actually feels like its starting again as I'm typing this... If I don't get on for a while, thats where I'll be, ok?

i hate bloody noses.... grarrgh (had a nosebleed for 3 hrs once)
i always get them even though my general health is good... 0.o

ANYWAYZ back on topic

you really think it would take only a week?? i know nothing about sprite insertion or scripting but i always thought it took quite a while...
but i'm really glad to hear/read (lol) that you think it should take only about a week.
Old July 2nd, 2009 (03:50 AM).
On vacation

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
Uhh, thanks?
Mac, I think we need a new ROM, we need a new clean FireRed ROM... xD
Reinserting the scripts and maps will probably take about 1-2 hours (not much) since I still have everything saved! :D
But yeah, we really need a new sprite inserter then!

Thank you The Blueprint !!!
Old July 2nd, 2009 (04:22 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Mac, if an inserted sprite is troubling you, then just use Darthatron's Pokémon Editor Pro.
Open two of that tool. The first one, open a clean ROM and the second one, open your hack ROM.
Go to the POKéMON which is causing the problem, and copy the sprite offsets from the clean ROM to your hack ROM, if your sprite inserter repointed it.

You can use Darthy's tool to fix PKMN location/offset of their sprites and palletes.

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old July 2nd, 2009 (06:12 AM). Edited July 2nd, 2009 by Westrmistr.
Westermeister

Uhh, thanks?
Well, darn. You know I'd do it Mac, but I don't have the tools OR the knowledge to do so. But the post above should help.

And, I still don't have the Park Ranger's OWs yet. I'll get to them as soon as possible.

EDIT:

Okay, here it is!

Name: Westrmistr.

OW:

Battle Sprite:

Pokemon Torzach Forums
I support:

Old July 2nd, 2009 (07:05 PM).
Ink Blot

Well, darn. You know I'd do it Mac, but I don't have the tools OR the knowledge to do so. But the post above should help.

And, I still don't have the Park Ranger's OWs yet. I'll get to them as soon as possible.

EDIT:

Okay, here it is!

Name: Westrmistr.

OW:

Battle Sprite:

Haha! Those OWs are awesome. They remind me alot of the Po-Po sprites from D/P. The hats remind me of the nice PokeMart guys who gave me my Regigas and Secret Key and Shaymin, too. Huh. Just imagine: the nice Mart guys commiting an act of Police Brutality..... Anyway, keep 'em coming, West! I'm sure you will probably be the only one who does. :cer_shifty:

P.S. Mac, you really should think about closing the Poll about -corrupted-. You've already shown it.
Old July 2nd, 2009 (08:23 PM).
Proud Spriter of Torzach ^_^

Quote originally posted by The Lost Memory of Number XIV:
Haha! Those OWs are awesome. They remind me alot of the Po-Po sprites from D/P. The hats remind me of the nice PokeMart guys who gave me my Regigas and Secret Key and Shaymin, too. Huh. Just imagine: the nice Mart guys commiting an act of Police Brutality..... Anyway, keep 'em coming, West! I'm sure you will probably be the only one who does. :cer_shifty:

P.S. Mac, you really should think about closing the Poll about -corrupted-. You've already shown it.
-maniacal laughter-

Or have we...?

Michael Jackson - Rest in peace, King of pop. Thanks for the memories.

Torzach's Forum! http://pokemontorzach.proboards.com/index.cgi

Old July 2nd, 2009 (10:24 PM).
On vacation

Good news people!

I just found out how to fix the sprites!
There were some pallette problems and they're pretty easy to fix!
So we're right back on track!

Old July 2nd, 2009 (10:28 PM).
Mudkip Worshipper

Quote originally posted by Lyzo:
Good news people!

ah REALLY??? SWEET... looks like we don't have to worry bout that anymore!! FULL SPEED AHEAD!
Old July 4th, 2009 (02:47 PM).

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:
Mac, if an inserted sprite is troubling you, then just use Darthatron's Pokémon Editor Pro.
Open two of that tool. The first one, open a clean ROM and the second one, open your hack ROM.
Go to the POKéMON which is causing the problem, and copy the sprite offsets from the clean ROM to your hack ROM, if your sprite inserter repointed it.

You can use Darthy's tool to fix PKMN location/offset of their sprites and palletes.
Thanks for your input, it certainly helped us get the problem solved
Quote originally posted by Lyzo:
Good news people!

Awesome, Thats great

========================================================

Alright guys, now the problems solved, we're moving forwards again. Banjora Marxville is in possession of the rom, and he's inserting tiles. Once he's done there, I'll probably insert some overworlds, and then we'll work on more Fakemon. Once we've done that, there is really just the Gym and final event to sort out, and then the release. Now guys, the alpha is not going to be huge, so it won't really take you that long to play through. Thats why they call it an alpha, not a beta But I'm sure you'll enjoy evolving the Fakemon and getting a taste of the story. While you're waiting for screenshots, have a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WteLk6tXwDA
Its going to be used as a disguise system for the Rangers, and we could possible use it on the offchance you can play as someone else Gabe C sorted this out for us

Old July 4th, 2009 (02:57 PM).
On vacation

Thanks for your input, it certainly helped us get the problem solved ^^

Awesome, Thats great ^^

Alright guys, now the problems solved, we're moving forwards again. Banjora Marxville is in possession of the rom, and he's inserting tiles. Once he's done there, I'll probably insert some overworlds, and then we'll work on more Fakemon. Once we've done that, there is really just the Gym and final event to sort out, and then the release. Now guys, the alpha is not going to be huge, so it won't really take you that long to play through. Thats why they call it an alpha, not a beta :P But I'm sure you'll enjoy evolving the Fakemon and getting a taste of the story. While you're waiting for screenshots, have a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WteLk6tXwDA
Its going to be used as a disguise system for the Rangers, and we could possible use it on the offchance you can play as someone else :P Gabe C sorted this out for us ^^
Again, I have to say, Gabe is awesome :D!!!
It's great that we'll be able to use that feature in the game!

Old July 4th, 2009 (05:51 PM).
Mudkip Worshipper

Thanks for your input, it certainly helped us get the problem solved

Awesome, Thats great

Alright guys, now the problems solved, we're moving forwards again. Banjora Marxville is in possession of the rom, and he's inserting tiles. Once he's done there, I'll probably insert some overworlds, and then we'll work on more Fakemon. Once we've done that, there is really just the Gym and final event to sort out, and then the release. Now guys, the alpha is not going to be huge, so it won't really take you that long to play through. Thats why they call it an alpha, not a beta But I'm sure you'll enjoy evolving the Fakemon and getting a taste of the story. While you're waiting for screenshots, have a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WteLk6tXwDA
Its going to be used as a disguise system for the Rangers, and we could possible use it on the offchance you can play as someone else Gabe C sorted this out for us

ah I LOVE the clothes changing script-thing.
I do hope we can incorporate it into Torzach.
Old July 5th, 2009 (01:19 AM).
I am no servant.

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Yahoo to Ephraim
I spy a Brendan and Oak outfit. How about a Gold/Jimmy outfit? Anyway, this is turning out to be awesome. You could have many options for the OW changer feature. I dunno anything about hacking, but I trust you would utilize this well.
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
Old July 5th, 2009 (05:42 AM).
Back to Hacking after exams!!!

Nature: Calm
Hey Guys
This hack is awesome
I made a fakemon some minutes before so I thought I can give it to Mac for his hack coz I don't need any fakemons for my hack
So here's it

It's details:
No name decided
This pokemon can surf on lava and has very sharp jaws.It can also burst out flames from back to increase its Speed in the lava.It can survive in the hottest Temperatures.It is Fire/Water type

Click on the Banner to go to main thread
Old July 5th, 2009 (05:57 AM).
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Gvdl bmmzpv tuvqje cjudi:
I don't like this hack... The fakemons doesn't look at all like pokemons...

And you'll need the normal elite 4!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111
Tough luck. You don't "need" the original E4, however you "want" the original E4. Also, the Fakemon do look like pokemon, but I guess that is your opinion, but no need to be so horrible and say you don't like it.

Anyway, the tiles may be slower than thought Mac. Sorry. I will have them ready soon though!

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old July 5th, 2009 (06:02 AM).
Back to Hacking after exams!!!

Nature: Calm
Hey Marxville if you are in this hack
Can you tell me is my Fakemon Suitable for the hack?

It's details:
No name decided
This pokemon can surf on lava and has very sharp jaws.It can also burst out flames from back to increase its Speed in the lava.It can survive in the hottest Temperatures.It is Fire/Water type

Click on the Banner to go to main thread
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links