The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 6th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Fraot
Researcher & Game Developer

Nature: Quiet
Great game! I love the double screen feature. But you should remove the sinnoh pokémon because they look bad with that screen resolution.
And you're a little lazy to make the sinnoh spirtes on GBA style.

Whatever, just sayin', it's for enhancing the graphic part.

And also... a new Megaman X game is coming. Megaman X: Maverick Wars.
Old August 6th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Alexandre

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraot View Post
Great game! I love the double screen feature. But you should remove the sinnoh pokémon because they look bad with that screen resolution.
And you're a little lazy to make the sinnoh spirtes on GBA style.

Whatever, just sayin', it's for enhancing the graphic part.
You do realize that that is an extremley daunting task? Luka simply does not have the time to resize nearly 1000 sprites.
Old August 7th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre View Post
You do realize that that is an extremley daunting task? Luka simply does not have the time to resize nearly 1000 sprites.
It's not just resizing, it's respriting and to make it GBA resolution you have to take in account that I would also need to resprite the second frames of all pokemon aswell. So I would say it makes more than 1000 sprites to edit and I won't do that or have any intensions in doing so. I'm already doing alot of work and I'm sick and tired of people telling me what to do. If you don't like what you see here, that's your problem. But I'm not going to waste more time than I need to in order to satisfy individual people. You might be surprised, but I have a life and I'm not going to throw it all away on a game that I won't profit from.
Old August 7th, 2009, 09:17 AM
H-King
Elite Four Will Fan

Nature: Jolly
i think the game is awesome just the way it is. you dont need to change it.

^My Favorite Pokemon!^
Old August 9th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Sorry I got so upset by that, but it's just problems after problems regarding this game. When one thing is fixed then something else is wrong and that makes it just bad. Anyways, I'm changing the graphics as I'm going along to be more suitable for this game. I've done some minor changes to the Hygiene system and when I fix the problem with the game lagging I will release a demo of the Explorers series, there is a fair amount of story developed inside already (but just one region so far). So the demo should be comming out soon (I hope everything gets done in time), and there might also be a reveal of the custom hero. But for now this is it.

Also a little hint on the two versions:
Explorers - will be based on the already existing regions. The goal will be to complete legends regarding certain Pokemon and there will be many sidequests that would occupy the player while exploring various regions.
Heroes - will be set in a completely new region with a new evil team (Team Chromite) that has found a way to genetically alter Pokemon to make them stronger (to make them Lv. X). The plot will be based around that pretty much and the hero will focus on defeating the new evil team and to stop their war they have started throughout the region of Callebris.

So these could be treated as two different games, but I treat them as the same one just a different version because they will all have the same features, interface, etc.
Old August 9th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Emerex
Beginning Trainer

Wow! Everything is just grat about this project I think it's very original and intersting that there would be two versions of the game.
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Fraot

Take in mind that it was a suggestion, it was just to tell you how to make your game look BETTER. If you like the big pixels on your sprites, then I don't care. It was not for you to have that attitude.

And no, I'm not like those stupid people asking stupid things. You like it that way, ok, I'm fine. Do what you want and lets see if nobody says anything.

You always have that mean personality.

Old August 9th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Misty4Life
~Paired with a bribed shipper~

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
I can't believe what you just said. "Mean personality"? Where are you getting that from? Luka has a right to get upset every now and then, especially with all of the stress for this project. I don't even know Luka, yet I know he hasn't displayed a "mean personality". Even if you don't try to force your opinions on people, lashing out because they didn't take your suggestions isn't much better.

Sorry, I just couldn't let him write that you had a mean personality, Luka. I support Blue Chrome all the way. It's an incredibly creative game, and you don't need to change anything about it. :D

Credit to Miniryu for my theme~
Old August 9th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

Wow man. This game looks great. I like that you're splitting it up into two, can't wait to see it in action.

Oh, and to respond for Fraot... it's his game, he can do what he wants to do. It looks pretty amazing right now, actually. Even if it would look better, it takes a lot of work to resprite a sprite. Be happy with what he's doing, because he doesn't have to do this if he doesn't want to.

I definitely support this game. It has to be one of the best games I've seen in a long time. And that's saying something. Keep it up, dude.
Old August 9th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Alexandre

Quote:
We appreciated your opinion. We evaulated your opinion. We didn't think much of it. Now we want you to appreciate our judging. If not then leave this thread.
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Fraot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty4Life View Post
I can't believe what you just said. "Mean personality"? Where are you getting that from? Luka has a right to get upset every now and then, especially with all of the stress for this project. I don't even know Luka, yet I know he hasn't displayed a "mean personality". Even if you don't try to force your opinions on people, lashing out because they didn't take your suggestions isn't much better.

Sorry, I just couldn't let him write that you had a mean personality, Luka. I support Blue Chrome all the way. It's an incredibly creative game, and you don't need to change anything about it. :D
It was not for not doing my "suggestion", I don't care if he does or not, I meant that he should or it would be nice to resize them, not he MUST do it, why? because the game is really great and that little issue is the only one thing that doesn't fit.

You like those spirtes, i don't, equals to what Nintendo does: i didn't like Platinum's sprites.

I like this game, I'd support if I could, but I can't:
1.- I wouldn't be allowed.
2.- I'm workking on my own project.

He could answer: "Nah, I won't, sorry dude." or "Nah, don't waste your time."

Old August 10th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Quote:
I like this game, I'd support if I could, but I can't:
1.- I wouldn't be allowed.
2.- I'm workking on my own project.
Why aren't you allowed to support it?
And just cause you're working on your own game, doesn't mean you can't support others...
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Alexandre

He's confusing supporting and actually being a team member >_<
Old August 10th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Lol, I figured it was something along those lines ;)

So, how's that character concept going?
Old August 11th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Fraot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre View Post
He's confusing supporting and actually being a team member >_<
Lol, I didn't know that those were different things.

Old August 12th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Wow, just wow. I just read through the thread, and I must say, it looks amazing. It seems to be a massive project, and will take quite a bit of time, but I'll definitely play it when you complete it. This has some of the most original features I've seen, especially forcing the player to continue replenishing his own personal stats.

Keep it up!
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Meh...I've been working on quite some things now, but can't get imageshack to upload my images...I've been able to upload two though. Once I'm able to post the other screenshots you will see the new things in detail, but I'm going to reveal what I did anyways. I've improoved the Hygiene System HUD (displays clock and date now), removed most of the lagging, pimped up the battle interface (which really really looks cool now) and made a new Bag System. The Bag System images are ready so you can see them below.

EDIT: Yey...uploaded the new Hygiene System HUD. Shows the percentage of the bars and Time and Date.

Last edited by Luka S.J.; August 13th, 2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

The bag looking really neat.
For about 10 seconds, I forgot this game has double the vertical res of the standard RMXP games and was like- why is the bag like that- don't get it.
But then I remembered and I think a design like that works well.
Good job on it.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:42 AM
H-King
Elite Four Will Fan

Nature: Jolly
that looks amazing!!!!!!!!!

^My Favorite Pokemon!^
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
The bag looking really neat.
For about 10 seconds, I forgot this game has double the vertical res of the standard RMXP games and was like- why is the bag like that- don't get it.
But then I remembered and I think a design like that works well.
Good job on it.
Thanks, it means alot comming from an awsome developer.

Ok...so here is a peak at some of the parts of the new battle system. So i changed the bottom screen and added the feature from dp that the boxes you choose your moves change color depending on the type of move it is.

Last edited by Luka S.J.; August 13th, 2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old August 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM
bluejays
Novice Trainer

From all the images i've seen with this game its been amazing but i was curious what happens when yur hygiene/energy/hunger reaches 0? if u have said it before i probably missed it and am sorry if i did. Anyways does your characters die or do u get a huge penalty?? Cuz if there isnt a big penalty people might not worry too much to mind it. Just asking since im looking a lot forward to this game.
Old August 13th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Fraot

WTF? a Lv.142 Pikachu?
The level limit wont be 100 on your game?

Old August 13th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

I think he said it capped out at Lv. 200.

Anyway. I love the new battle system and bag. They look pretty cool, I must say. I like the addition of the clock to the Hygiene system.
Old August 13th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Alexandre

Epic bag system man, very unique!

Quote:
WTF? a Lv.142 Pikachu?
The level limit wont be 100 on your game?
The Pokemon are capped at 200, I believe Luka also solved the problem whereother trainers' Pokemon could not be higher than 100.
Old August 14th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

For the type of attacks screenshot- move the type icons (the icon in the attack button that says what type it is) them up about 2 pixels from the bottom and about 2 pixels to the right so they aint sitting on the boarder of the button itself. It will look a bit slicker.

Right now- the 2 right sided ones (which would be attack slot 2- and attack slot 4- in the screenshots it's "Normal" and "Psychic") are too far over and not even alligned right with the left ones (they are sitting on the boarder of the attack button itself).

A good way to judge where to put it is when testing- open paint, paste the image, and zoom in. See how many pixels you need to move the image across or up- and fix the code.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links