Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page [Demo] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 27th, 2009 (01:57 PM).
~Paired with a bribed shipper~
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Woah, awesome screenshots. The Pokeball thing is so original, and I love how the background will be based on what type the Pokemon is! Oh, and your storyline is much better now that it has more detail. Kudos to you and your team for having gotten so much done.

Credit to Miniryu for my theme~
Old August 27th, 2009 (02:58 PM).
D E A D . S C R E A M

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Chloè Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chloè Send a message via Skype™ to Chloè
Looks amazing Luka! Did you draw/pixel the back pokeballs yourself. They are very well shaded. <3
And that egg is just adorable. XD And I'm loving the "Street lamp"
Old August 27th, 2009 (03:28 PM).
@atomicreactor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Rash
Hmm... You should get a different street lamp, cause it doesnt look like its actually coming from the lamps bulbs, but from the very top.
Old August 27th, 2009 (03:44 PM).
Researcher & Game Developer

Nature: Quiet
Good! I like those pokeballs! Very original with the egg, I may base myself on you: On the selection screen only the egg icon would appear, instead of "EGG", but that's just an idea.
I think I can make the pokeballs in 3d and then do various renders in order to make them look better(it's better to make them that way because in 2d, i mean, pixels, its too hard to give'em the same "style"). Well, if you want, of course...

And also... a new Megaman X game is coming. Megaman X: Maverick Wars.
Old August 27th, 2009 (06:13 PM).
Novice Trainer

Nice i like how u made each of the pokeballs they are a very good interpretation and also the lampost and the egg look perfect.
Old August 27th, 2009 (11:53 PM).

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Starchild:
Looks amazing Luka! Did you draw/pixel the back pokeballs yourself. They are very well shaded. <3
I drew those :D Check out my pixel art gallery for more! [/shameless plug]
Old August 28th, 2009 (12:25 AM).
@LukaSJ0

Nature: Adamant
Why the random comments on the lamp? :D Anyways all credit for the pokeballs and the egg goes to NikNaks because he dree them. The egg idea is also his.
Old August 28th, 2009 (03:02 AM).
HeartGold :P

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tudj
Wow, this is a great game. I usually don't follow games but this one is probably one that stands out. Well good luck and hope you can progress

ShadowDestiny AshGray ToxicPurple SilverCurrent
Old August 28th, 2009 (03:45 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Hello
I have just read through the first 14 pages and I think it is going to look awesome. I am afraid that noone likes your snow tiles but I like them . I think it is amazing what people can do and even at this young age you must have learnt it early . I also really like the story of both games and think that all ypur design looks great so far .
Is there any chance by the way to have the girl have a rucksack too? I liked to play the girls in the games but why do they always have to have these other kind of bags which don't look half as good and handy?

So you are really exactly what I was looking forward to joining this board, because I just love to see good hacks and games in work. (My original board of being closed down in the mean time and reopened but without the rom hacking section (game development wasn't not there either)
I wonder if you continue this to be your hobby or do you think you will turn this into a profession once you leave school?
Old August 28th, 2009 (12:26 PM).
Pikachu Palace!

I like the snow tiles! Also good job on the rewrite on the story!

Now Playing through: Super Pokemon Evee Edition (link)
Old August 28th, 2009 (04:14 PM).

wow how can i play and i f its not out i cant wait till it is
Old August 28th, 2009 (10:25 PM).

Quote originally posted by killer95:
wow how can i play and i f its not out i cant wait till it is
Why will people never understand? It is a standalone game, just like any other normal PC game. Like Halo, Sims, Half Life, you just download a file, extract it. No need for installation, just play.
Old August 29th, 2009 (08:49 AM).
I'm honestly just that awesome

I'm sad that nobody bothered to respond to me, so I'll post it again. I found a problem on the summary screens, and
Quote originally posted by lizardman974:
On Dialga's page, the color of the Dragon type is on top of the color for the steel type, but Dialga is Steel/Dragon, and not Dragon/Steel. So shouldn't Steel's color be on top?

Old August 29th, 2009 (10:13 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Alexandre:
Why will people never understand? It is a standalone game, just like any other normal PC game. Like Halo, Sims, Half Life, you just download a file, extract it. No need for installation, just play.
Lol he mentioned nothing of ROM or anything.
I'm sure he simply meant, where is the download.
Old August 29th, 2009 (10:37 AM).
The English Kiwi
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Heylo Luka,
You probably don't remember me but I used to be Lord Wolfybob, back when Blue Chrome had just started. It caught my interest back then and it still does. I'd like to be a part of making this game, and would like to help in any way.
I would show you some of my work but I lost pretty much all of it when my laptop crashed along with my game, but if your interested, just make a request for something you want and then you can judge me on the result.
I'm an OW Creator, Tile Artist, general designer and spriter although I'm not too fond of spriting.

-Novus-
Old August 29th, 2009 (11:45 AM). Edited August 29th, 2009 by Luka S.J..
@LukaSJ0

Quote originally posted by lizardman974:
I'm sad that nobody bothered to respond to me, so I'll post it again. I found a problem on the summary screens, and
If you acctually looked very carefully at the summary screen, you would notice that the steel color is "on top" of the dragon one. But probably what you meant to say is: that the second type color is "above" the first type color. And this is normal and the way its supposed to look. It's just my design and I'm sticking with it because i dont see anything wrong with it.

Quote originally posted by Novus:
You probably don't remember me but I used to be Lord Wolfybob, back when Blue Chrome had just started. It caught my interest back then and it still does. I'd like to be a part of making this game, and would like to help in any way.
I would show you some of my work but I lost pretty much all of it when my laptop crashed along with my game, but if your interested, just make a request for something you want and then you can judge me on the result.
I'm an OW Creator, Tile Artist, general designer and spriter although I'm not too fond of spriting.
Hey, I do remember you. I'm sad though that you lost all the progress you've done on your game. As always help is always appereciated, especially in the spriting area. I can't think of anything right now. As before, I'm still in need of a custom hero and heroine. I can't contact any of the people that were sort of supposed to do it. But I already have an idea of what the trainers are supposed to look like. If you are able to do it and wish to participate please PM me. I already have a concept in mind and know what they are supposed to look like, so that's it.
Old August 30th, 2009 (12:20 AM).
Scientist at fluid dynamics

Nature: Bashful
Quote originally posted by Luka S.J.:
If you acctually looked very carefully at the summary screen, you would notice that the steel color is "on top" of the dragon one. But probably what you meant to say is: that the second type color is "above" the first type color. And this is normal and the way its supposed to look. It's just my design and I'm sticking with it because i dont see anything wrong with it.

Hey, I do remember you. I'm sad though that you lost all the progress you've done on your game. As always help is always appereciated, especially in the spriting area. I can't think of anything right now. As before, I'm still in need of a custom hero and heroine. I can't contact any of the people that were sort of supposed to do it. But I already have an idea of what the trainers are supposed to look like. If you are able to do it and wish to participate please PM me. I already have a concept in mind and know what they are supposed to look like, so that's it.
Did you also noticed my comment on the 'pokemon info' at the top?
Old August 31st, 2009 (06:50 AM).
@LukaSJ0

Yea I did. I'm already taking care of the things anyone has mentioned. Also soon to be revealed: an awsome new Pokegear never seen before, I'll post updates soon.
Old August 31st, 2009 (07:44 AM).
Elite Four Will Fan

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Luka S.J.:
Yea I did. I'm already taking care of the things anyone has mentioned. Also soon to be revealed: an awsome new Pokegear never seen before, I'll post updates soon.
whatdo you meen by new? the apps or the design?

^My Favorite Pokemon!^
Old August 31st, 2009 (08:28 AM).

Quote originally posted by hking:
whatdo you meen by new? the apps or the design?
I believe its a bit of both
Old August 31st, 2009 (09:20 AM).
Scientist at fluid dynamics

Nature: Bashful
that sounds awsome, sorry that i asked but i really want that your game is the best
Old September 1st, 2009 (08:33 AM).
DA M4$TA

i seriously cannot wait for this 2 be finished! This game is going 2 be amazing! keep up the good work every1!
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Old September 2nd, 2009 (10:19 PM).
@LukaSJ0

I'm afraid I have some really bad news. Two days ago, I was configuring my laptop in order to be able to use it at school. I set the backup to work and after the backup had supposedly completed reformatted my drive and re-installed windows vista on it. Later when I opened my laptop I found that the whole Blue Chrome project isn't backed up.

The only positive thing is that I still have all my scripts backed up, but lost any other progress. I'm currently trying to recover the data. If I succeed in recovering it, the development will continue as usual, but if I'm unable to recover the data, game development will start over but after this school year (since this is my graduation year). I don't want any PMs or VM or whatever regarding this situation. The progress isn't lost, it's just a matter of being able to recover it.
Old September 3rd, 2009 (01:28 AM).
HeartGold :P

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tudj
Well good luck trying to recover the files. Anyway this hack still looks to have loads of potential. Good Luck.

ShadowDestiny AshGray ToxicPurple SilverCurrent
Old September 3rd, 2009 (06:24 AM).

Quote originally posted by Tudj:
Well good luck trying to recover the files. Anyway this hack still looks to have loads of potential. Good Luck.
AAGGGHHH, MY EYES. THE FORBIDDEN WORD!! Can't you read?

Anyway, Luka is just being dramatic, his laptop is rubbish, so it just freezes while trying to recover. It sees the files no problem, just an issue of using a fast enough PC to recover the files.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)