The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing

Notices

Fan Fiction and Writing Submit your stories and poems.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:14 PM
delongbi
I C U

Nature: Quirky
Great chapter! There were some grammar issues though- something I feel like I haven't done in a long time.

Quote:
But for once, they weren’t what she thinking about.

Nya, very first line! Should be: "But for once, they weren’t what she was thinking about."

Quote:
Apparently, she had because here she was; waiting.

Should be : "Apparently, she was OR had been because here she was; waiting."

Obviously, pick one or the other, not both. =P

Quote:
Nah, why would he do that for if she could easily check?

"What would he do that for" would work better or "Why would he do that if she could easily check?"

Quote:
Though, he would give him points for creativity.

*Grumbles* Third time using "Though" this way at the start of the sentence... not that I'm counting.

Grammar issues aside, this chapter was very good. The battles were exciting, and we can see Leah (perhaps) starting to change. Poor Ally, though...

Also, I liked the humor, the following lines in particular:

Quote:
“Right now?” he shrugged. “Just a Rhydon.”

LOL!!!

Quote:
“Hey Sands?” Leah said casually as an idea came to mind. She unzipped her jacket and took it off, revealing the white shirt underneath. “I’m going to be nice. Here, have a towel.”

Sands only had time to look up before the jacket was dropped on his head.

Leah grinned as she crossed her arms and stood tall. Okay then, let him try to hose her down now.

William’s smug smirk faltered and he visibly hesitated. His brows drew together, wondering whether he should hose her down or not. A dejected expression came on William’s face when he decided that he would have to switch targets. Damn, he thought, why couldn’t she be wearing a red shirt or something? At least that color didn’t go see-through when wet.

Best idea ever!!! Hehe, it was a bit of a gamble, though. If he wasn't as caring, things could have gone incredibly wrong...

Bleh, I tried to post this earlier today, but the server went wanko... Anyway, good job. Keep it up!

Click here to see a map of Acceber!
Old July 5th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Dagzar
The Dreamer

Nature: Relaxed
Thanks for reviewing solovino, Giratinasaur and delongbi (you almost ninja’d me, delongbi, thank god I scrolled down)!

Don’t worry, I’ll fix the mistakes you three pointed out to me as soon as I stop procrastinating (I’m not sure why I’m procrastinating, though. It’s not like I have anything better to do during the summer <_<).

Quote:
Solovino’s post.
Wow, solovino, that’s a lot of text and now I’m wondering how much time I stole from your thesis.

Quote:
Cut to Leah protecting Sands and then cleverly and fanservicengly putting herself on the way of damage in a way that makes William actually unable to attack her... or, knowing her, maybe she actually wanted to mentally screw William (Oh wait, that didn't sound the way I wanted to) and helping Sands was just an unwanted bonus. Anyways thanks for the extra fun for the adults..
I was wondering whether I should have put that in or not, but I finally decided it was too awesome to leave out. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
And yes I undertsood the Star Trek reference. Or was that unintentional...? If it wasnt', very well thought.
I’ve never watched Star Trek, except for the 2009 movie, so it was completely unintentional, whatever the reference was. (Though now I’m curious.)

Quote:

Oh and... Thanks for giving Agatha a family name. Would you authorize me to burrow it for my fanfic? I'll credit you, of course. I like to take elements that other fans come up with and reflect them in my writing as a means to show appreciation and interest in their works.
Go right ahead.

Quote:
O'Kay, I'll stop dodging the bullets and blurting almost-nonsense and admit straight ahead: I'm a fan of SandsFireStone. The #1 fan I hope... Heck, now I'm taking the chance and unofficially issuing a Call for Shipping Name. I know it's pretty one-sided of a Shipping and a pretty rushed and bold move coming from me, but still... I just can't help it. I actually think it is pretty romantic in its own, fully utilitarian (for now) sense. And the fact that Leah fiddles with this for her own profit yet having second thoughts by the time gives it an extra dimension...
I hope you appreciate my current level of craziness over the cute little creature-and-rock stuff.
Don’t worry, you’re the #1 fan and Sands and the Fire Stone appreciate your fangirl-ism. Unfortunately, I’m bad at shipping names (especially since Fire Stone won’t be meshed well), so if you’d like, you can name it.

Quote:
Whatever... look, I should be going. I'll be waiting to read more chapters, maybe come up with something better as review. If I am truly lucky, do a useful grammar review to begin with. Or maybe more suggestions on pace...? -- I would also be glad if you can review my current pet work, "Sixth", or at least comment on the style, or something.
I’ll go review ‘Sixth’ tomorrow since it’s getting late and that Harper’s Island episode has been waiting since yesterday to be watched.

Quote:
A note: I don't think i said this before, but I am very happy that someone actually remembered Lance's thing for capes other than me. Have a cookie! [hands cookie]
*takes cookies and munches on it*Mmm, chocolate…

Quote:
Ohhh boy, the Safari Zone. Good luck keeping Ed in one place (Ally would still be in her pre-Awesome Journey of Lifechanging state, probably) for more than two minutes when there are so many Nidorina to ride on...
Haha, you just gave me a great mental image, though I think Nidorina are a bit small, even for Ed’s size. Kangaskhan, on the other hand…

*grins*

Quote:
*Grumbles* Third time using "Though" this way at the start of the sentence... not that I'm counting.
Heh, at least I didn’t use it ten times, like I did ‘seemingly’ (I counted and now I’m watching for that word too. <_<).

Quote:
Best idea ever!!! Hehe, it was a bit of a gamble, though. If he wasn't as caring, things could have gone incredibly wrong...
Not really. Sure, Leah could have gotten wet and her bra would have showed through, but she could have also gotten William in trouble with his parents because he did it on purpose (probably).

Anyways, thanks for reviewing you three! I appreciate it.
Old July 10th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Dagzar
The Dreamer

Mentor
Chapter 18: Safari Hunt (part one)

-

A week had past since Ally’s accident and only after days of pestering, whining, and complaining did Ed’s parents finally give in to his demands.

They were going to the Safari Zone, finally. Ed had practically been waiting his entire life to go to the Safari Zone. He had heard so much of it from his brother, and in his mind’s eye, he pictured it as a huge jungle with roaring waterfalls with dangerous Pokemon waiting around each corner…

Of course, there was a problem.

“Ally,” Ed said, aghast on the way the events were folding out. “You have to come!”

Ally only shook her head and looked down at her hands. “I- I don’t want to…”

“Oh, give it a rest,” Leah snapped at Ed. Her temper was at the breaking point and so would be most people’s if you had to watch over a hyperactive ten year old for the whole morning.

Ed honestly didn’t know what to say. “But- But-”

“Hey,” William greeted as he walked into his younger brother’s room, clad in a casual shirt and baggy pants that were tucked into his boots. There was a bag that hung over his shoulder and he hung onto its strap loosely with one hand. His other was holding onto a polished brown cane.

“Ready to go?”

“Yeah, but-” Ed said, looking at Ally with a frown.

“He’s all upset that Ally wants to stay here,” Leah explained to William, hoping that they’d just leave already. All she wanted to do was to spend the morning surfing the internet and all its interesting content.

William rubbed the back of his head and said, “Ed, if Ally doesn’t want to go, we can’t force her.”

“But we’re supposed to go together,” Ed whined, looking upset that his friend didn’t want to enjoy the wonders of the Safari Zone.

“E- Ed,” Ally spoke up. “C- Can I please stay here? I really d- don’t want to go…” Her voice trailed off as she once again looked down to her lap.

It looked like Ed was raging a war inside of himself, stuck in indecision, before he finally swallowed and said, “Okay…”

“Can you stay with her?” William asked Leah, motioning to Ally.

Leah didn’t care; she would agree to anything if they’d just leave already. “Fine.”

Since that was probably the best answer William was going to get, he nodded and led Ed out of the room and to the foot of the stairs.

“Hey,” William said, trying to cheer his brother up. “Come on, we can still have fun together, just you and me.”

Ed looked back at the doorway to his room, as if hoping that Ally would suddenly run out and beg to come with them. “I guess…”

-

The boys’ father was kind enough to give them a lift to the Safari Zone and the ride was held in silence, with only small attempts to make conversation since Ed wasn’t feeling up to it.

“Remember that zoo?” William asked suddenly, grasping Ed’s attention as they both looked out the older boy’s side of the window. The high cement fence went on in both directions and every so often there was a sign with a red arrow on it, pointing to the nearest entrance.

“Yeah.” Ed nodded, rising slightly from his flunk. “There were awesome Pokemon in there.”

William smiled at the memory. “Which one was your favorite?”

Ed gave his brother a narrowed-eye look. “Kangaskhan! You know that.”

“I kind of liked the Omanyte better,” William said, ignoring the look. “It’s one of the only few of its kind in the world.”

The car went past the last patch of fencing and left the zoo behind.

“They’re boring,” Ed announced. “Kangaskhan are gigantic!” He waved his arms for emphasis. “And they can knock down trees!”

William conceded, “That’s true.” He then changed the topic to something more relevant to their current situation. “Did you bring your Pokemon?”

“Yeah,” Ed said, not sure where the line of conversation was going. He reached into his pocket and brought out Paras’ Pokeball. “I never leave Paras behind.”

“Well, you’re going to have to since you’re not allowed to take Pokemon into the Safari Zone.”

Ed blinked and held onto the Pokeball tighter. “But why? How else are we supposed to catch the Pokemon?”

“We throw Safari-Balls at them,” William said, like that explained everything.

“How do we weaken them?” Ed still seemed confused.

William sighed. “We don’t.”

“Ed,” their dad said from the driver’s seat. “You just throw Safari-Balls at them and hope they stay inside. That’s all there is to it.”

“But they’re big and strong, right? Won’t they just break out of them?”

Shrugging, William said, “Usually.”

Ed went quiet before asking, “Will, what Pokemon have you caught from the Safari Zone?”

“Lots. Rhyhorn, Nidorina, Pinsir…”

“But I’ve never seen them,” Ed said, brows furred. “I only ever see your Squirtle and your Pidgey.”

There was a beat before William said, “I released most of my Pokemon after I stopped being a trainer.”

Awkward silence befell the car and Ed couldn’t help but look at his older brother’s cane, which he held at his side. The cane was smooth and wooden with an umbrella-like handle. William only ever took it out when he was out of the house, though Ed knew that he hated using it. Actually, no one actually liked seeing the cane, except for Carla, but that was more because the wood was ‘pretty and felt nice.’ It wasn’t uncommon for William to sometimes ‘loose’ his cane and it appearing later in some random part of the house.

“We’re almost there,” their dad said, breaking the silence. “You got everything, Will?”

William nodded and held onto the bag. “Yeah.”

Ed looked at the bag curiously. “What’s in there?”

His older brother just smiled mysteriously. “You’ll see.”

-

Mr. Williams walked the boys into the building which all trainers had to pass through to get to the Safari Zone. The building was pretty much just one large room, save for the two doors on the right that were the bathrooms. On the left were several vending machines, containing both food and drinks. Straight ahead of the Williams’ family was a large desk that seemingly trapped the two receptionists against the wall if it wasn’t for the swinging wooden panel. Behind that desk also contained a door with a green and light blue logo with a large black ‘S’.

Ed looked around with a dopey grin on his face, hardly noticing anything else other than the door up ahead.

“Have you planned how long you’ll be out there?” their father asked William.

“Two hours should do it,” William said, his cane tapping against the tiled flooring as they walked up to the front desk. “We’re not going out that far.”

Mr. Williams stuck his hand in his pocket, pulling out his wallet and taking out a couple of bills. “You should get some water too,” he advised, glancing at Ed, who was looking at the Pokemon pictures up on the wall in wonder.

William nodded and took the money with his free hand. “I plan on it.”

“Alright-y then,” their father said loudly, getting the attention of Ed. “I guess I’m off, I’ll pick you two up in two hours.”

“Bye, Dad!” Ed said and had hardly waved goodbye before turning and jogging past William, up to the desk. “Come on, Will!”

William chuckled and followed. “Two for two hours,” he said to the pretty receptionist, placing the acquired amount of money on the table after looking at the chart above her head.

The receptionist nodded and the other one reached under the desk and got out a beige satchel that was bulging with what looked like Pokeballs.

“Here,” William said, giving the satchel to Ed and the remaining amount of money. “Go get some water.”

Ed’s arms buckled under the wait of the satchel as it was handed to him, not expecting it to be so heavy. After a bit of experimentation, he was able to get it over his head and one arm to mirror his brother’s own bag. Then, with the coins in hand, he went over to the vending machines, feeling the bag uncomfortably bouncing on his hip.

As Ed inserted the coins and got the water bottles, he kept glancing upwards at the pictures that were all over the walls. They were carefully taken photographs of Pokemon taken in their natural habitats. There were a lot of good ones; a Nidorina and a Nidorino locked in battle, a Goldeen splashing in a lake, a Kangaskhan roaring its victory over a fallen foe.

But the one he liked the most wasn’t that spectacular. All it contained was a leafy undergrowth and right in the middle, a large mushroom, but if he looked closer, he could see that it was not. The mushroom was red with yellow shapes and dots and it had two orange legs producing under it, holding it up. Two large pincers were held up, as if just noticing a threat. Two white beads that were its eyes stared unseeingly away from the camera.

It was a Parasect, Ed knew that. He also knew that one day, it would be his Pokemon. Paras, currently his only Pokemon, would evolve into that once it was strong enough. Ed almost couldn’t wait for the day. If Paras evolved, it would become even stronger and would help him become a great trainer.

Ed snapped out of his thoughts when his brother called his name and he quickly remembered why he was there. He went back up to the desk and handed William the two water bottles, which he put into his mysterious bag.

“Ready to go?” William asked.

Ed grinned and held onto the satchel’s strap like his brother did. “Yeah! Let’s go!”

And thus, the receptionist let them through the swinging flap and Ed pushed open the door, letting sunlight hit his face.

The Safari Hunt had begun!

-

“I- I don’t want to do this,” Ally said, her head bowed, looking at the grass of Ed’s backyard.

Leah scowled. “We get it, your Voltorb shocked you; get over it.”

Ally’s eyes darted around, like she was looking for an escape that wouldn’t come as long as Leah watched her every move.

On the ground, two Pokemon were sniffing around. Or rather, Amber was sniffing around; Sands was quite content at just holding his Fire Stone. Leah was tempted to quickly grab the stone out of her Pokemon’s grasp, but wasn’t willing to face claws and whines for it.

“Hey,” Leah said sharply at Amber, who was sniffing too close to Sands and the Fire Stone to be comfortable. The last thing the older trainer needed was the Vulpix spontaneously evolving into a Ninetales and using up the Fire Stone, which in turn, send Sands into a snarling rage… Actually, that’d be kind of cool to watch as long as it wasn’t directed at her. Maybe Leah should arrange an ‘accident’?

“S- Sparks hates me,” Ally moaned, her eyes starting to tear up. “I’ve tried to be his f- friend, but-”

Leah snorted and crossed her arms. “Voltorb doesn’t want a friend, so stop trying.”

Ally blinked and rubbed tears from her eyes with her hand.

“If you want your Voltorb to obey you,” Leah continued. “Then you have to be firm. You’re a trainer. You’re supposed to use what ever means necessary to train the Pokemon to obey you.” Leah sighed. “Look, friendship doesn’t always work; sometimes you need to be their master, not their pal.”

“A- Amber’s my friend,” Ally defended. “He obeys me. If I can just get S- Sparks to listen, then maybe-”

Ally fell silent at the look Leah gave her.

Leah decided to try a different route. “Send out Voltorb.”

“N- No!” Ally said with a wide eyed look and shaking her head wildly, letting her black hair slap her cheek. “He’ll shock me again!”

“So what then? You’ll just keep Voltorb in its Pokeball for the rest of its life?”

Ally bit her lip, not knowing what to do.

Leah sighed again. She could be inside right now and on the computer, doing nothing but casually surfing the internet. But no, she just had to drag Ally outside and demand that she face her fears. Really, the girl’s attitude was getting really annoying and Leah had suddenly found herself wanting to fix it. If Ally became less introvert, then she would play with Ed more and give Leah more alone time.

“Sands will protect you,” Leah said, rolling her eyes. “Electric attacks don’t affect ground types.”

Surprisingly, Ally took that to heart and only hesitated for about ten seconds when sending out Sparks.

Sparks, who wasn’t in a better mood than the last time he was out, only growled, eyeing both the Pokemon and trainers. Ally jumped back as soon as the Voltorb was released, taking a place behind Leah and Sands.

Amber, pawing the ground, walked forward curiously, having seen his trainer’s other Pokemon but never really interacting with him. Nose first, he sniffed lightly at the creature, greeting with a simple, “Vul?”

For the fire-types efforts, the Voltorb shocked him.

“Amber!” Ally screeched, her hands going to her mouth as Amber abruptly jumped back, shaking his head in what appeared to be confusion. Leah raised an arm to keep Ally from going over to comfort Amber.

“Here’s the plan,” Leah said calmly, making things up as it went along. “Voltorb isn’t going to obey you, so you need to show it whose boss. All you need to do is beat it up.”

Ally mind made the connections quickly. “S- Sparks versus… Amber?”

Nodding, Leah suggested, “Treat Voltorb as a wild Pokemon.”

Since it didn’t look like Ally was going to move from behind Leah, the older girl turned, walked behind Ally and lightly shoved her forward.

“W- What if I hurt him?” Ally asked, watching Amber hiss at the electric-type for the shock.

Leah shook her head in mock disappointment. “Voltorb’s wild now. You don’t care if wild Pokemon get hurt. Just bash it around with Ember or something until it gives in or faints. It’s not hard.” Leah paused.

“What are you waiting for? Get started.”

-

“Will,” Ed spoke up.

Beside him, William looked over. “Yes?”

Ed’s face shifted through many emotions before he decided to just say what was on his mind. “This is… boring!”

The brothers had been crouched behind some bushes for over five minutes now, both keeping an eye on the clearing just up ahead. The clearing didn’t have anything interesting, whether it was Pokemon or plants, except for a small plastic bowl that was overflowing with brown pellets.

When Ed had first taken a step into the Safari Zone, he had marveled at every square inch. Long branches, pink flowers gracing the green leaves, overhung pretty much the entire area, with only patches of sunlight flowing through. It was very pretty, but unfortunately, he had been staring in awe for a bit too long and was now just bored of it. It and everything else.

He hadn’t seen a single Pokemon yet and they had already been in the Safari Zone for half-an-hour!

“Patience, Eddy,” William said, still watching the clearing. “If we make too much noise, we’ll scare the Pokemon away.”

Ed gave his brother a confused look. “Pokemon don’t run away from us.”

Sighing lightly, William took a sip of his water bottle. “These Pokemon do,” he said between gulps. “Pokemon around here aren’t used to humans and they’re very skittish. They’ll flee at the first sign of danger.”

“That’s stupid,” Ed grumbled, but went silent, hoping that the Pokemon would come out soon.

It took another ten minutes and by that point, Ed really wanted to get up and go hunt the Pokemon down. He dreamt about catching a Scyther, long scythes and all. It would be so awesome if he could get one. It’d be big and strong and then Ed would prove his parents wrong; that he could go on a journey, that’d he be safe.

Suddenly, William grabbed Ed by the arm, who looked at his brother in confusion. The older brother put his finger to his lips in a shushing motion and pointed to the clearing.

Out of the bushes came a bunch of purple Pokemon. They were quite big and had large ears that had points on the end. Spikes came out of their backs and on their head was a pointy horn. There were about five of those Pokemon and they walked up to the bowl of Pokemon food nervously. Some pawed the ground with their clawed feet and one of them made a low growl, as if threatening any close predators.

“Nidorino,” William whispered to Ed.

But that wasn’t the only Pokemon as another one came out of the bushes, this one much smaller than the rest. It looked quite like the other Pokemon, but its limbs were shorter and it had somewhat of a cuter look to it with its big red eyes.

“Nidoran,” Ed said before William could speak up. He turned to his older brother. “Now what?”

“We wait,” William replied, keeping a hand on bother’s shoulder in case he decided to suddenly jump up and chase after them.

The next few minutes ticked by in nervous silence. The Nidorino and the single Nidoran kept close watch on each other as some munched on the food while others supposedly kept guard.

Ed fidgeted. “Will-”

“Alright, alright,” William said. “Get out a Safari-Ball, enlarge it, but don’t throw it.”

Practically diving at the bag, Ed almost ripped it open as he grasped the topmost ball and enlarged it in his hand. Instead of the familiar red top, it was dark green with a small black ‘S’ right above the button.

William continued. “Aim for the Nidoran, leave the Nidorino alone.”

“Why?” Ed whispered.

“You’ll have a better chance at catching the Nidoran than the Nidorino.”

Ed nodded at the logic and focused on the little Nidoran. He carefully got up and made his way out of the bush, the Safari-Ball held out like a weapon. The leaves rustled with his movements and he tried to make as little noise as possible. The Pokemon hadn’t spotted him and Ed halted only a few feet away, taking refuge behind a tree. He looked back at his brother, who nodded, before Ed suddenly whipped the ball at the Nidoran.

Unfortunately, Ed had bad aim and the Safari-Ball hit a nearby tree with a thud. The poison-types instantly looked up and moved back several steps as one. Three of the Nidorino were even so frightened that they broke off from the group, fleeing back into the bush.

That left two Nidorino and the Nidoran staring at him warily, almost daring him to do something.

“Ed,” William said and Ed turned around to catch another Safari-Ball. “Try again.”

Ed breathed in deeply before he took aim at the small Pokemon and threw it. This time, he did much better, actually hitting one of the Pokemon, though not the Nidoran. The ball opened once it hit one of the Nidorino’s head, but it didn’t suck the Pokemon in, only falling to the ground.

“Will!” Ed stared at the ball in dismay. “Why didn’t it work?”

The Nidorino that was hit also fled, bounding out of the clearing with a small cry.

William slowly got out of the bush as well, holding both of the bags. He came to stand slightly behind Ed.

“The Nidorino was too strong for the Safari-Ball to pull it in. That’s why I said to go for the Nidoran.”

“Than I can’t catch Nidorino or anything strong?” Ed frowned.

“The Safari-Balls are only Pokeballs with a green cover,” William explained. “They aren’t strong enough. If you found a weak Nidorino, then yes, you could catch it.”

Ed snatched another Safari-Ball from his brother, not happy that his choice of Pokemon just got caught in half. Scyther were strong! Did that mean that they were uncatchable unless he found a hurt one? That wasn’t fair!

“Go!” Ed said loudly, but halted his arm in midair. A thought came to him and instead of freely throwing the ball, Ed did an underarm throw instead. The ball arched in the air, spinning, before neatly hitting the Nidoran on its back. The ball opened and the Nidoran tried to jump away, but was converted into red energy and sucked into the ball. The Safari-Ball closed with a snap and rocked, the Pokemon trying desperately to get out.

“Come on!” Ed said, nervousness making itself known in his gut. Stay in the ball, stay in the ball…

A burst of white light caught his attention and the Nidoran rematerialized on the ground. It shook its head for a moment and then quickly ran into the bush, the remaining Nidorino following it.

Ed frowned, feeling tears prick at his eyes. He failed!

“Don’t worry, Eddy,” William said, ruffling his brother’s hair. “We’ll find another Pokemon for you. There are a lot here.”

Sniffing, Ed nodded and tried to be happy. He didn’t need a Nidoran. Like Will said, there were tons of Pokemon in the Safari Zone. He would catch something much cooler than a Nidoran! Like a Rhyhorn or something as cool as that!

William retrieved the bowl and the remaining Pokemon food, putting them back into his bag. With another pat to Ed’s shoulder, he led his younger brother out of the clearing and into the bush.

-

Back at the house, things weren’t looking quite as hopeful.

“Amber!” Ally gasped as her Vulpix was thrown back, courteously of a Sonicboom.

Leah just watched, trying not to sigh. When she said that she wanted Ally to battle the Voltorb and treat it as a wild Pokemon, Leah had hopes that things would just… turn out well. It would have been nice if Ally had beaten Voltorb, earned its eternal respect and loyalty and everything would be all nice and filled with rainbows.

Of course, life didn’t go like a cartoon or a story and Leah could only watch the Vulpix get thrown around, despite his trainer’s pleas. Ally, not following her mentor’s advice, wasn’t going to any lengths to beat the Voltorb. All she did was order Embers to scorch the grass around Sparks to try to get it to back down, but all that did was anger it. To Sparks, it looked like Ally and Amber was threatening and taunting it and if there’s one thing you didn’t do, it was teasing an explosive Pokemon with a short temper.

“This isn’t working,” Leah muttered to herself.

“Shrew?” Sands seemingly asked, also watching the battle with mild curiosity, though most of his attention was given to the Fire Stone.

Leah got up, scowling and walked over to Ally. “Okay, that’s enough.”

Ally turned, wilting under Leah’s angry expression.

“Why aren’t you attacking it?” Leah questioned, preparing herself for an idiotic response that would probably be filled with friendship speeches.

She was not disappointed.

“I- I don’t want to attack him,” Ally wailed. “He’s my friend!”

Leah sighed heavily. It was hardly twenty minutes ago that Ally was scared of the Pokemon and now she kept saying it was a friend. Would it be too hard for Ally to make up her mind? “It’s a Pokemon and he’s not your friend.”

At that moment, Sparks let loose a low growl, reminding the two trainers of its presence.

“Seriously.” Leah frowned, eyes narrowed.

With only a wary glance back at the Voltorb, Ally repeated, “Sparks is my friend!”

Ugh. Leah had had enough of that word to last a lifetime! Why couldn’t Ally get it? Right now, Voltorb was a dangerous Pokemon and would attack anyone, including its trainer, when threatened. Hell, Ally was even shocked by the Pokemon and she still didn’t understand. Leah needed a new plan, and the one that had been circling her thoughts would do nicely.

“Sands, Scratch on Voltorb.”

The Sandshrew’s ears perked up and it took a moment for Sands to untangle himself from the Fire Stone, but once he did so, he ran forward and past the trainers. Sparks saw the incoming Pokemon and growled again, but when that didn’t stop Sands, the Voltorb quickly rolled out of the way.

“L- Leave Sparks alone!” Ally told Leah and looked at her other Pokemon. “Amber! Please help Sparks!”

From where he laid, the Vulpix raised his head and looked over to the battle. He got to his feet, wobbling slightly and his two tails fanned out behind him. Battling Sparks one minute and then being ordered to help him the next had the Vulpix left feeling a trite confused. So, he was rather cautious when approaching the battle, neither helping nor attacking the Voltorb.

Sands landed on the patch of grass where the Voltorb had just been, claws only digging into the dirt. He turned to see Sparks beside him, the electric type literally sparking with fury. Luckily, the electrical discharge did nothing, only making the Sandshrew shake his head at the bright light.

“Amber,” Ally cried. “Use Ember on Sands!”

The Vulpix paused only a meter from the battle and then inhaled and blew out. The small ball of fire scorched the grass and made Sands jump away to avoid the heat and flames. Now, with two opponents on his head, the Sandshrew was stuck looking wildly between the two, confused on who to attack.

Oh great, Leah thought to herself. Now she was being double teamed.

“Sands, Poison Sting the Voltorb! Ignore the Vulpix.”

The poisoned needles from the Sandshrew’s mouth didn’t do much to Sparks, only bouncing off its tough metal-looking skin. The Voltorb eyes narrowed into slits and his round body started to give off a mild yellow glow.

Leah blinked and stared hard, a bit worried at the glow. When did Voltorb learn Selfdestruct again?

Ally didn’t seem to be worried. “Amber, protect Sparks!”

That didn’t seem to be a wise move, however, and the Pokemon knew it too. Sands backed away warily from the glowing Voltorb while Amber hesitated a great deal. Neither of them knew what the glow meant but their instincts were telling them that it wouldn’t be a good idea to get close. Unfortunately for Amber, he couldn’t disobey orders so he crept close to Sparks, staying in-between him and Sands.

Okay, Leah thought to herself, one more time. She had a feeling what the Voltorb’s technique was, and despite her limited knowledge of a Voltorb’s move pool, she was pretty confident in her assumption.

She looked at Sands and commanded him to get back some more before saying, “Poison Sting the Voltorb.”

Sands kept his distance as he quickly leapt to the side, trying to get a better shot on Sparks. Amber did as his trainer ordered, trying to stay in-between the quick Sandshrew and the motionless Voltorb. The fire-type did his best and no matter how many times Sands circled and no matter which way, Amber wouldn’t let him get a direct shot.

Leah rolled her eyes and was getting a bit dizzy just by watching them. “Okay, fine; attack the Vulpix.”

And so Sands did, Amber not ready for the sudden attack. The fire-type howled out when the needles pierced one of his front legs, quickly moving backwards only to bump into the angry Voltorb he was trying to protect. However, Sparks couldn’t help but see the Vulpix as a threat, a barking one that had just roughly ran into him.

So, of course, he defended himself… Violently.

The electrical discharge from Sparks was much brighter and stronger than it usually was. Leah was so surprised, despite expecting it, that she backed up. Ally let out a small scream and fell over onto the grass when trying to back away from the scene. Sands wasn’t affected by the attack, but was still scared off, running over to Leah in fear.

Amber wasn’t so lucky. Having direct contact with a charged Spark definitely wasn’t a good thing. He was blasted backwards, landing roughly and flipping over until he rolled to a stop on the cool grass. His fur was on end and his tails constantly twitched like he could no longer control them.

“Amber!” Ally screamed when she broke out of her surprise. She forced herself up, not giving a second glance at the Voltorb. Running over to the fallen Pokemon, she knelt down and gasped at the shock she got when she tried to touch Amber.

Leah sighed at the scene and looked over to the Voltorb. A few leftover sparks jumped across his body and the grass around him was blackened.

Turning around, Leah was going to check on Sands (who was being comforted by the Fire Stone) when Ally stormed up to her.

“W- Why did you do that!” Ally was screaming at her. “Why did you attack Sparks? Now Amber’s hurt!”

Leah held up her hands with an annoyed expression. “Calm down.”

Ally stomped the ground, letting her own temper be known. “No!”

Wondering how she was supposed to deal with a temper tantrum, Leah gave another look to Sparks, who wasn’t doing anything since he seemingly had used up all his power.

“Hey, Sands doesn’t know any electric attacks; don’t blame us,” Leah said sharply.

Ally did not accept that answer. “No! If you didn’t attack Sparks, Amber wouldn’t be hurt! It’s all your fault!” she cried and walked up closer to Leah, closer than what was comfortable. In what appeared to be a threat, Ally pushed Leah with all her strength, making the older girl take a step back.

Leah would have liked to defend her actions, which she did have an ulterior motive for, but Ally wasn’t done.

Everything that happened on the journey and everything that Leah did to the two brats was suddenly out in the open, Ally unleashing her bottled fury. “You’re always mean to us and putting us down, saying we’re stupid and making fun us! You attacked Ed’s Paras before and now my Sparks!”

Leah was honestly lost for words. She had no clue what to say, but she tried. “L- Look, it’s not like I want to be here-”

“And why’s that?” Ally asked. “Because you gave up and you’re scared that you’re going to fail again? You only don’t like us because we’re doing better than you! We’re succeeding! We have a badge and we’ve won battles! Have you done that? You failed, quit! We’re doing better-”

“Oh, shut the **** up!” Leah exploded, not taking those words lying down. “You know nothing!”

Leah’s words seemed to snap Ally out of her rage and the girl was left standing there, eyes starting to tear up.

“You’re going to start crying now?” Leah sneered, any qualms about not making Ally cry crushed.

“Y- You’re just-” Ally struggled with what to say while trying not to cry. “You’re just a big mean-y!”

Okay, that was it. Leah snorted and turned around, walking away. She didn’t even look at Sands and the Fire Stone as she went past, not caring to deal with them.

As she stomped back up the deck’s steps, she mentally raged.

That stupid brat knew nothing about her! Nothing! She wasn’t jealous of the two; she just didn’t care! Was it unreasonable of her to want to go home? Apparently so! She didn’t care what they did with their pathetic lives; she just wanted to get on with hers.

And she did have an ulterior motive for attacking Sparks, honest! If Ally wouldn’t see the Voltorb as dangerous, than either she had to be forced to see the Pokemon as dangerous, or maybe somehow convince the Voltorb to give Ally a chance, which certainly wasn’t going to happen!

Though, underneath all of Leah’s anger and rage was quite a lot of surprise. Ally going nuts on her was certainly something that she never expected. Maybe from Ed since he was impulsive like that, but from Ally? If Leah hadn’t been there, she would have never believed it.

Leah scowled at the kitchen and shut the screen door behind her.

That was definitely the last time she was being nice.

-

A/N: I have no clue what to think of this chapter. One minute I was casually writing and the next I was looking at the finished product and thinking, “What the-?” I hope Ally’s actions were realistic since I personally think that might’ve been a bit out-of-character for her.

Anyways, I wasn’t planning on making this chapter a two part-er, but it grew too long and now I have no choice.

Last edited by Dagzar; July 15th, 2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:24 PM
delongbi
I C U

Oh, man. I was forced into babysitting for these kids for two days, and I thought, what could cheer me up? Then I remembered there's a new chapter every Friday illustrating kids who are harder to deal with than the ones I have to babysit for! So thanks for writing this!

Grammar... bleh...

Quote:
The last thing the older trainer needed was the Vulpix spontaneously evolving into a Ninetales and using up the Fire Stone, which in turn, send Sands into a snarling rage…
It should be "which in turn, would send Sands into..."

Quote:
If Ally became less introvert, then she would play with Ed more and give Leah more alone time.
Introvert is a noun. Either "If Ally became less introverted" or "If Ally became less of an introvert"

Quote:
And she did have an ulterior motive for attacking Sparks, honest! If Ally wouldn’t see the Voltorb as dangerous, than either she had to be forced to see the Pokemon as dangerous, or maybe somehow convince the Voltorb to give Ally a chance, which certainly wasn’t going to happen!
Should be, "If Ally wouldn’t see the Voltorb as dangerous, then either"

Alright, so yes, I did think it was slightly out of character for Ally to explode like that. However, I do not think it is completely unreasonable because Ally has shown to be very defensive of her Pokemon in the past and this fits that characteristic, at least. Also, I find it a bit fitting that she explodes. Kinda like her own first Pokemon...

Quote:
Anyways, I wasn’t planning on making this chapter a two part-er, but it grew too long and now I have no choice.
That happens more often than not with me, lol.

Anyway, this was a solid chapter. I don't have anything else to comment on- as usual, great job! I look forward to next week, and seriously, thank you for writing this!!!!

Old July 11th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Dagzar
The Dreamer

Thanks for reviewing delongbi!

Quote:
Oh, man. I was forced into babysitting for these kids for two days, and I thought, what could cheer me up? Then I remembered there's a new chapter every Friday illustrating kids who are harder to deal with than the ones I have to babysit for! So thanks for writing this!
Heh, I’ve never babysat before and I can just imagine all the trouble kids would get into without their parents around.

Quote:
Alright, so yes, I did think it was slightly out of character for Ally to explode like that. However, I do not think it is completely unreasonable because Ally has shown to be very defensive of her Pokemon in the past and this fits that characteristic, at least. Also, I find it a bit fitting that she explodes. Kinda like her own first Pokemon...
Okay, I’m glad that Ally’s tantrum wasn’t totally unrealistic. Since Leah had been on her case since day one, I’d figure she’d have to snap sooner or later.

Quote:
Anyway, this was a solid chapter. I don't have anything else to comment on- as usual, great job! I look forward to next week, and seriously, thank you for writing this!!!!
Thanks and no problem! I love writing this story and I really hope that I’m able to finish it.
Old July 12th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Giratina ♀
what's your sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagzar View Post
“Two hours should do it,” Williams said, his cane tapping against the tiled flooring as they walked up to the front desk.
William Williams? When you're writing a character with a name like that, be careful and make sure you're using the right word. Here, there shouldn't be an S at the end of the word, because it's referring to Will.

Quote:
Mr. William stuck his hand in his pocket, pulling out his wallet and taking out a couple of bills.
And again, in the opposite direction. It should be Mr. Williams, I believe.

That's all I found. Overall, I think this was a pretty good chapter! Leah could have done a better job of giving Ally the facts bluntly - 'Your Voltorb isn't the same as your Vulpix. Your Vulpix will cuddle up like a baby to anyone who's nice to it, but Sparks just needs to be beat up to get it through his thick metal plating that you're the boss' or something like that. She certainly seemed angry enough to say that to Ally in an attempt to make her see sense.
Old July 15th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Dagzar
The Dreamer

Thanks for reviewing, Giratinasaur! Sorry my reply is so late.

I’ll fix those mistakes later now. (Seriously, I need to break my procrastination habit because this is getting ridiculous. <_<)

Quote:
That's all I found. Overall, I think this was a pretty good chapter! Leah could have done a better job of giving Ally the facts bluntly - 'Your Voltorb isn't the same as your Vulpix. Your Vulpix will cuddle up like a baby to anyone who's nice to it, but Sparks just needs to be beat up to get it through his thick metal plating that you're the boss' or something like that. She certainly seemed angry enough to say that to Ally in an attempt to make her see sense.
Heh, yeah, Leah kind of dodged around the subject there. Though, I laughed at what you suggested that Leah should of said. It would have probably have probably worked better than Leah’s subtle advice.
Old July 16th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I Laugh at your Misfortune!
Normal is a synonym for boring

Hey, long time reader, first time commenter...

well, to start, you're fricking awesome :D ...that's pretty much it.

although, I didn't find Ally's reaction to be very OOC...you normally find with the quiet ones that they have a tendency to just snap :D

Old July 17th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Dagzar
The Dreamer

Quote:
Hey, long time reader, first time commenter...

well, to start, you're fricking awesome ...that's pretty much it.

although, I didn't find Ally's reaction to be very OOC...you normally find with the quiet ones that they have a tendency to just snap
Thanks for reviewing, Screw the rules, I have green hair! (awesome name, by the way)! I’m glad you enjoyed the story. And yeah, unlike the loud characters who make their emotions known, quiet characters usually bottle up emotions until they suddenly snap (that’s why I like them)!

Also, I’m going to have to apologize to you readers. I’m having problems with Chapter 19, so no update this week. Though don’t worry, I will get it up next Friday and hopefully it’ll be a good chapter (though right now, I’m having doubts <_<).

Sorry again, guys!

Last edited by Dagzar; July 18th, 2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old July 24th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Dagzar
The Dreamer

Mentor
Chapter 19: Safari Hunt (part two)

-

The water rippled with movement as the Pokemon swam just underneath the surface, its frilled white and pink tail waving behind it. Its large blue eyes scanned its surroundings for predators, but when finding none, it swam onwards with hardly a care in the world.

Unseen, the predator smiled to itself, its projectile grasped firmly in hand. It crept along the water’s bank, moving silently but quickly, following its prey’s movement with watchful eyes. It stilled when the Pokemon it was following paused, but breathed a small sign of relief when the Pokemon continued its swim. Just when the prey thought it was safe, when it finally relaxed, turning its horned head in the opposite direction, the predator struck.

The predator’s projectile sunk into the water with a plop, but the prey, having seemingly been luring its predator into a false sense of security, dodged easily. With a flick of its tail, the Pokemon that was once prey swam off, leaving a trail of bubbles behind it.

“Aw,” Ed groaned, seeing his target going farther out into the river. “I missed!”

“Goldeen are pretty quick,” William commented, walking up to him. “You’d need a fishing rod to get a better chance to catch it.”

Ed frowned. “I didn’t want a Goldeen anyways,” he muttered. “They’re only good in water.”

William held out another Safari-Ball to his brother and Ed took it, scowling.

“Don’t pout,” William scolded as he looked around. “You’re doing pretty well for your first time here. You’re lucky you’re even finding Pokemon.”

Even if the Goldeen had fled, Ed and William continued walking down the lake’s bank, Ed out front and the older brother following. They had gotten out of the forest a while ago and were now surrounded by grass and water, the trees quite a distance back from the water’s edge.

“Will,” Ed said as they walked. “What time is it?”

William only sighed. That question was starting to become the bane of his existence and no matter how many times he answered, it would be asked again a few minutes later.

“We have around forty minutes left,” William answered without looking at the watch on his wrist.

Ed made an odd sound at the back of his throat and his face shifted into a worried expression. “We’re going to run out of time.”

William sighed again. His patience was starting to wear thin and if worst came to worst, William supposed that he would have catch Ed a Pokemon himself, something he would rather not do.

“We’re going to be fine,” William said.

His younger brother didn’t answer, looking around as if a Pokemon was going to suddenly pop out of the grass in front of him.

“You know,” William said suddenly. “Your second Pokemon doesn’t need to be from here. They’re lots of Pokemon just outside Fuchsia City you can capture.” He paused as the thought grew larger in his head. “Your Paras is a half grass-type and half bug-type, so maybe you can catch a Pidgey or a Spearow.”

“But they’re common,” Ed said, obviously not liking the idea. “I want a Pokemon that you can’t catch easily; a special Pokemon.”

William suddenly stopped and it took a few minutes for Ed to notice.

“Ed,” William started. “I don’t think that’s a really good idea to have.”

The brother continued walking while William continued to talk.

“Look, there are pros and cons at having special Pokemon,” he was saying. “Not only in battle, but outside it as well. For example, when we had that battle a week ago and your Paras went up against my Squirtle, how did you plan to beat it?”

Ed thought for a moment and then shrugged. “Don’t really remember. Scratch and Leech Life?”

“Okay.” William nodded. “Now, how confident were you in beating it?”

“Pretty good,” Ed admitted. “I never really see you train your Pokemon, so…”

William continued the thought. “You assumed that my Squirtle was untrained.” He went on before Ed could say anything. “Now, what would your strategy be if you went against a Blastoise?”

“Stun Spore, I guess,” Ed said, frowning. “Blastoise are powerful.”

“Why didn’t you try using Stun Spore on Squirtle?” William asked.

Ed tried to explain. “Squirtle are… small.”

William nodded at the answer, as if he expected it. “You underestimated my Squirtle and got wet because of it. In battle, smaller Pokemon aren’t taken as seriously as bigger ones. Bigger ones usually require strategy while smaller ones are handled with brute force.”

“What does that have to do with special Pokemon?” Ed asked.

“It’s the same with special Pokemon,” William replied. “In a battle, which do think would win, a Rattata or a Clefairy?”

Ed frowned. It was probably a trick question, but…

“The Clefairy.”

“Why?”

Ed honestly couldn’t think of answer because Clefairy being the winner just seemed obvious.

“I personality think Rattata would be the winner,” William told his brother. “Clefairy, no matter how mysterious, aren’t good fighters and their signature attack, Metronome, is luck based. Rattata, on the other hand, are very fast and their signature move, Hyper Fang, can tear through flesh.”

William continued. “If you have common Pokemon, most people would generally underestimate you in battle. Rare Pokemon would be taken seriously, not only because they’re not seen often, but because people assume they’re stronger than regular Pokemon.”

“Also…” William frowned, wondering how he should broach the topic. “If you have rare Pokemon, you’re going to become a target.”

“Target for what?” Ed asked curiously.

William said simply, “Thieves.”

“Why would they do that? Why don’t they get their own Pokemon?” Ed knew that Pokemon sometimes got stolen, but it always seemed so far away from him, like there was no chance of it happening to him.

“They just don’t,” William said. “Thieves go after rare Pokemon to sell and it’s always easier to just steal from someone than using so much time and effort to get their own.” He paused. “Look, people who steal Pokemon will go to any means necessary to get a Pokemon that they want.”

Ed felt an uneasiness race up his spine at those words.

William seemingly noticed his brother’s worried face because he said, “I’m not trying to scare you, just warning you. If you do get a rare Pokemon, don’t flaunt or brag about it and you’ll be fine.”

Ed nodded, still uneasy.

-

She had tried, honestly, she did. But no matter how many times she tried to concentrate on what she was doing, her attention kept wavering. The internet just wasn’t interesting to her. Whether it was because she was still knee deep in anger still hadn’t been decided yet.

Leah leaned back in the computer chair and grumbled to herself, but it was much more subdued than it was half-an-hour ago. She was still angry about being yelled at, especially when she was trying to help, but she supposed that Ally may have had a reason to yell at her. It was technically her fault that one of Ally’s Pokemon was hurt.

Oh, Vulpix would be fine, Leah told herself in annoyance. Yeah, it was her fault, but seriously. Pokemon always got hurt and Ally never really complained then. Sure, Vulpix got a shock, but at least that’s all it got… But it was a rather big shock, wasn’t it? Vulpix looked pretty hurt with its fur sticking up in an almost a cartoonish way…

Amber’s beaten image popped into her mind, twitching silently with Ally screaming in the background.

Scowling, Leah erased the image from her mind.

Now that her anger had half-faded, guilt was making itself known, slithering through her mind like a parasite. What if that charged Spark attack seriously hurt Amber? Now that was a question: could Pokemon die if they were electrocuted enough? Leah had never really heard about something like that, but it wasn’t like she was seriously interested in Pokemon anyways. Besides, Amber was just a baby Vulpix, only having two tails instead of six.

Damn it!

Leah got to her feet, scowl fixed firmly on her face. She left the computer behind her as she exited the room and went upstairs. At the top, she halted and looked around. Mrs. Williams had gone out a while ago, shopping supposedly, and took Carla with her. The mother didn’t seem to be concerned at leaving two strangers alone in her house, even if Leah and Ally had been there for over a week already.

Since William was the only one other than Ed who kept Pokemon, Leah doubted that there would be anything useful in the kitchen.

She went down the hallway and passed Ed’s door, not giving it a second glance. There were three other doors along the hallway, each leading to a bedroom, but there was only one in particular that Leah was interested in. It was the last door, and Leah pushed it open, not at all ashamed with herself for breaking someone’s privacy. The bedroom was like Ed’s, but colored in browns and greens. The floor was a bit messy; a pile of clothes in the corner, but other than that, it looked spotless.

Leah felt a bit uneasy at rooting through William’s stuff, but squashed the feeling. It wasn’t like the guilt would leave her alone if she didn’t.

Not knowing where to start, Leah absentmindedly went to the bookcase by the bed, which was filled with books, packed together so tightly she had difficulty removing one from the shelf. She flipped through it, raising an eyebrow when she saw drawings and panels instead of lines and paragraphs.

“He reads comic books?” Leah asked herself. William didn’t seem like the type. Besides, what was she doing looking at the bookcase anyways? Unless he had a secret door behind it, it was pretty useless to her.

It took about a minute to get the book back in place and after doing so, she abandoned the bookcase for the closet, which looked much more interesting. Grasping the thin circular knob, she stepped back and pulled it open, looking inside. Despite the opportunities the closet might have held, it was only filled with coat hangers and clothes. There were boxes on the floor of the closet, but they looked suspiciously like the same boxes Leah used to hold her old clothes.

Disappointed, the closet was also abandoned and Leah was stuck standing in the middle of the room. William was a boring person, if you judged him by his room.

Come on, there had to be something

Leah’s eyes caught the small table beside William’s bed. She knelt down next to it and pulled open the first drawer.

Empty.

She frowned and went to the other one underneath it, which was much larger and pulled open like a door instead of a drawer.

She was in luck. The cupboard / drawer contained many interesting and colorful things. On the left was a stack of thick books that had a thin layer of dust over them. Curiously, Leah took the top one out (grimacing at the dust) and looked at the cover, which had shades of blue and showed some type of coral reef. The title of the book, outlined in gold, was ‘Pokemon: Myths and Legends’. Leah only raised an eyebrow and put the book back where it belonged. The thought of William discovering his books were no longer dusty only partly crossed her mind.

Now, the things on the right were what she was looking for. They were bottles of various shapes and sizes, but most were spray bottles of different colors. Leah looked through them, her hand bumping a few out of their way when she spotted what she wanted. At the back was a small spray bottle and despite its glassy look, it only made a dull sound when Leah tapped it with her nail. The see-through material the bottle was made out of was completely colored and it made the liquid inside look a bright orange.

Her eyes scanned the label, making sure the bottle was the right one. And it was, quite plainly. The label read ‘Super Potion’ and Leah couldn’t help but wonder who named all the healing items ‘Potions’? Seriously, it sounded like something from out of a stupid video game.

Since Vulpix was shocked instead of just brutally beaten, she also grabbed a pale yellow bottle, a Paralyze Heal.

Her mission completed, Leah slowly got up, the two items in hand. She closed the cupboard door with her foot and went back down the hallway.

The things she did sometimes…

-

“Wait,” William said suddenly, stopping and holding his arm out to prevent Ed from going any further ahead.

Ed bumped into his arm and gave his brother a confused look. “What?”

Pointing to a vague creature in the distance, William lowered his voice, as if the creature would hear him. “I think we’ve gone a bit farther out than I intended.”

The Pokemon, around forty feet out, slowly trotted towards then, its three whip-like tails swishing behind it. The closer it came, the more Ed realized how big it was. Almost as big as a Ponyta, but it looked much more deadly with two silver horns attached to its head that pointed outwards. It had a brown fur coat, but with a long mane around its neck in a darker shade of color.

Ed’s grip tightened on the Safari-Ball in his hand. “A Taurus!”

“It’s coming right towards us,” William muttered, more to himself than to his brother. “♥♥♥♥.”

Ed didn’t seem to share his brother’s wariness. “Can I try catching it?”

William ignored him, only grabbing Ed’s arm and looking out to the forest. It was far back and William didn’t think he could make it, limp or no limp.

“No,” William finally said, realizing that Ed was waiting for an answer. “There’s no way you can capture a Taurus here unless you find it asleep or something.”

The Taurus shook its head as it picked up the pace, its mane shaking with every step.

“Will…” Ed said, eyeing the Pokemon as it came towards them instead of going away from them. “I thought the Pokemon here were scared of us?”

The older brother grimaced. “Most are, but some don’t really having any reason to fear us.” Seeing that the Taurus was picking up speed, William’s hand dived into one of the bags he was holding and took out a Safari-Ball.

Ed frowned. “Hey, what are you doing?”

“Get behind me,” William said, ignoring the question and keeping his eyes focused on the Pokemon.

“Huh?”

William enlarged the ball with one hand and repeated himself. “Get behind me.”

“What’re you going to do?” Ed asked, doing as his brother said.

Not taking his eyes off the Pokemon, William said, “Taurus are dangerous and they will attack unprovoked. I’m going to see if I can chase it off.”

Switching his grip on his cane so that he was holding it under the handle, the older brother held it out to Ed. “Hold this for me.”

Ed did so and after another glance at the Taurus, swung the cane over his shoulder like a baseball bat.

The Taurus wasn’t more than fifteen feet away now. It was close enough that Ed could see the three silver circles on the Pokemon’s forehead. It looked like it was breathing deeply and it sunk its head, letting its horns lead.

William took a deep breath and before the Taurus could take another step, he threw the Safari-Ball. It shot through the air and bounced off the Taurus’s horn, stopping the Pokemon in its tracks. The ball opened, but it was futile as it just fell to the ground, not strong enough to suck the wild Pokemon in.

The Taurus threw its head back, snorting, and turned to the side, showing both the huge muscles on its legs. Its hooves clopped on the ground as the Taurus seemed to circle.

William’s hand darted into the bag again and got out another Safari-Ball, but didn’t throw it. He only stared at the Pokemon, judging it and waiting to see if it would lose interest on its own.

As the stare down commenced, Ed swallowed nervously. If there was a time that he ever wanted his Paras, now would be it. Sure, Paras would have some problems battling a Taurus, but at least it was better than having nothing in-between them and such a big Pokemon.

Slowly, William’s free hand went to the bags, but instead of going to the ones with the Safari-Balls, he went to the bag he brought with him.

“Why don’t you give it food?” Ed whispered. “Maybe that’s all it wants.”

“It’ll take too long to set up,” William replied, his hand still blindly rooting through the bag. “Besides, I don’t think it wants food; only a fight.”

The Taurus suddenly stood in place, its eyes fixed on the brothers. A pause went by before it took a few steps forward and then broke into a trot.

William’s hand was a blur and hardly after the ball left his hand, his other came out with what he was searching for: a regular Pokeball.

“Squirtle!” William called out, opening it in his hand. “Water Pulse!”

The blue turtle responded instantly, holding out its paws and letting a ball of swirling liquid materialize between them.

The Taurus, having easily knocked the Safari-Ball out of the way, didn’t stop, even if it saw the attack coming. The Water Pulse blasted out of Squirtle’s hands, reforming into a ring as soon as it was let go. The ring of water was outlined in an odd glowing dark blue line with the middle of the ring a swirl of colors, not unlike a bubble. It flew across the distance, the bottom of it turning into water as it skimmed the ground.

The Water Pulse and the Taurus met in-between and despite the normal Pokemon’s appearance, it proved no match for the attack. The ring of water overpowered it and swept it off its feet, dragging it back a few feet before immaterializing, leaving the Taurus in a heap on the ground. The Pokemon was soaked in water and when it tried to get up, it had a bit of trouble not slipping on the water that now covered the earth.

“You brought Squirtle?” Ed asked William, having now just found his voice.

William nodded, finally starting to relax. “I always bring a Pokemon with me, just in case.”

Ed frowned. “Then why couldn’t I bring Paras?”

“My Squirtle’s more than enough protection,” William replied.

The Taurus finally got to its feet, snorting and shaking its head. It seemed to have finally gotten the notion to leave the trainers alone since it turned around and trotted away, its set tails flicking water behind it.

“Thanks, Squirtle,” William said to his Pokemon before returning it with red light. He put away the Pokeball before taking back his cane from his brother.

It was then Ed realized how hard his heart was pounding. He put his hand on his chest and tried to calm down. Then he frowned and thought for a moment.

“Hey, Will. What time is it?”

-

At the foot of the deck stairs, Ally sat silently as she mulled over what to do. As she did so, she stroked her Vulpix’s limp form with her free hand, her other holding the Pokemon close to her chest. She could feel Amber breathe softly and was relieved that his twitching was finally starting to calm down.

She kept all of her attention on Amber’s situation, completely ignoring Sparks, who hadn’t moved from his spot on the grass. She was so completely lost in thought, that she was surprised when an orange spray bottle bumped into her hand. Looking up, she almost immediately averted her glaze from Leah’s, both out of embarrassment and shame.

“Here,” Leah said, still holding the Super Potion out. The older girl’s face was blank, but inside, she was feeling anything but. It was mostly a mix of emotions, but Leah was quite certain that it was mostly anger and guilt. Guilt for hurting the Pokemon that badly and anger at Ally for saying those things (even if they were true).

Ally lowered her head, so Leah had to repeat herself. “Here! Just take it.”

Ally took the Super Potion, loosening her grip on Amber so that the Pokemon wilted further onto her lap. After a brief bit of hesitation, Leah sat down on the step behind Ally, leaning forward so that her elbows rested on her knees.

“Thanks,” Ally said, her voice barely audible. Her fingers rubbed against the Super Potion, going over its cap and to the small trigger at the top.

Leah waited patiently for the younger girl to turn over her Pokemon, revealing the damage on the lower portion of his body, mostly on the back of his legs. Ally was a rather small girl, so it took a bit of adjusting to get Amber in a position where she could spray his legs without him falling off her lap. The idea of just putting the Vulpix on the ground to spray him didn’t seem to cross her mind.

The two stayed silent for next few minutes, both listening to the sound of the Super Potion as it undid the damage that the Voltorb made.

“Voltorb isn’t going to listen to you,” Leah said, watching Ally work.

Ally’s voice was quiet. “I know.”

“What are you going to do about it?”

“I don’t know.”

A few more seconds of silence ticked by. “You know,” Leah started. “You don’t need to get Voltorb to listen to you.”

“He’s my first Pokemon,” Ally replied miserably. “I can’t abandon him.”

“If he’s never going to listen to you, then why keep him?”

Ally thought about that. “I- I’ll find a way to make him listen. Other people have Voltorb; they must have found a way.”

Leah looked over at Sparks, the Pokemon doing nothing but glaring at them, unable to do anything but watch.

Voltorb are angry Pokemon, Leah told herself. They’ll attack anything without provocation. Their attacks were loud, annoying and usually flashy, perfect for getting and keeping attention. If a Voltorb was around, you would keep an eye on it at all times, always wary that it might suddenly explode.

So, if Voltorb were used to getting attention, then what would happen if they were ignored?

“Hey,” Leah said to Ally, sharing her idea. “Ignore the Voltorb.”

“What?” Ally asked distractedly, still busy with Amber.

“Your Voltorb. Instead of putting all your time into trying to get it to listen to you, just ignore it.”

Ally looked up, frowning. “Why would I do that?”

“If it’s ignored,” Leah explained, “It’ll try to get your attention back. You always give it a lot of attention, right? If you suddenly don’t, it might try being a good little Pokemon to get it back.”

“Why would Sparks do that?” Ally asked. “Wouldn’t he just misbehave worse?”

Leah shrugged. “Maybe, but Voltorb seems like the type of Pokemon to like attention, good or bad. If he starts attacking again, just return him to his Pokeball.”

The empty Super Potion bottle was placed on the stair next to Leah’s leg and Ally was left just petting Amber.

“How long will it take for him to listen to me, then?” Ally asked, her mind grasping onto the idea.

“It’s not going to work in a day,” Leah replied vaguely since she had absolutely no clue. “Give it a few weeks and we’ll see how it goes.”

Ally sighed and looked over at her motionless electric type, still sitting in the circle of dead grass.

Since her guilt was finally edging away, Leah got up, leaving the full Paralyze Heal behind in case Ally needed it.

“Leah,” Ally called out before Leah had even gotten up a single step.

“What?” she replied shortly, looking down upon the girl.

Ally lowered her head, eyes focused on Amber. “I’m sorry for saying all those mean things.”

A part of Leah would have liked to have replied, ‘And I’m sorry that I’ve been pestering you the entire journey’, but no matter how hard she tried, the words just wouldn’t leave her lips.

So she settled by saying, “It doesn’t matter.”

-

“I can’t believe it!” Ed complained as he and his brother walked through the front door of their house. The younger brother’s face was slightly red, whether out of anger out of not catching a Pokemon or sadness for the same reason, William couldn’t tell.

“I didn’t catch a single Pokemon!”

William tried to comfort him. “Most people don’t on their first try.”

It was almost like Ed didn’t hear him. “This wasn’t how it was supposed to go!”

“We can get you a different Pokemon,” William said, putting the bag on the floor and taking his shoes off. “I can name tons of Pokemon around here that you can properly catch.”

Ed frowned and crossed his arms, a pout almost permanently fixed to his face.

William sighed and said, “What do you want me to do?”

“… I know you said that you only have two Pokemon,” Ed started, seeing an opportunity, but was also uncharacteristically nervous. “But you really don’t have any others?”

Sighing again, William could see where the conversation was going. “Well,” he said. “I gave a few to Professor Oak for breeding purposes…”

“Do you think I could have one of those?” Ed burst out and then hurried on. “I really don’t want to have any of the Pokemon around here and if I can’t catch any in the Safari Zone-”

“The Pokemon I gave to the Professor,” William said firmly. “Were pretty much all in their final evolutions so they won’t obey you-”

Ed cut him off. “What do you mean ‘pretty much all’?”

Tightening his grip on his cane, William considered lying to his brother since he wouldn’t let the discussion go. True, William did have a Pokemon that was conveniently low-leveled, but it wasn’t the type of Pokemon that was good for Ed.

“Look,” William said, hooking his cane on the banister. “I admit, I do have a Pokemon that you could technically look after, but it isn’t your regular Pokemon.” William wondered if giving him a rare Pokemon would render their earlier conversation of common Pokemon being better than rare Pokemon moot.

The two brothers climbed the stairs, William holding them up because of his limp.

William continued once they were at the top. “It’s a good Pokemon for me, since I know a lot about Pokemon in general, but if I did give you it...” William trailed off when seeing Ed’s suddenly eager face, but continued on. “You would have to really study to make this work. Especially if you’re going to challenge Koga.”

Ed grinned; his previous mood vanished with the prospect of getting a rare Pokemon. “I’ll study, don’t worry!”

The brother entered the kitchen and Ed immediately went for the door leading to the backyard, which was open a crack. After a brief pause of consideration, William followed him outside.

“I’m not saying I’ll give you the Pokemon,” William said. “I’ll consider it.”

The grin didn’t leave Ed’s face as the younger brother was sure that he had already won.

“Hi, Ally!” Ed greeted, spotting his friend sitting on the stairs alone. He was about to walk down the stairs, but he just happened to look out to the yard and did a double take.

“Hey, why’s the grass all black?”

-

A/N: Sorry that I skipped last week’s update, guys! I had lot and lots of trouble with this chapter and I hope it came out okay. Anyway, if you’ve noticed that there are hardly any grammar mistakes in this chapter, it’s because my sister-in-law was kind enough to look it over and purge any she saw.

Sorry again for the wait and I hoped you enjoyed it.
Old July 24th, 2009, 07:23 PM

Great chapter, like always the little lampshade hanging made me laugh a bit, I'll admit

Old July 24th, 2009, 07:45 PM
altaria221

Nature: Timid
Great chapter, i started reading about a week ago and can't wait for the next chapter, keep up the good work
Shuckle

FC: 3583-0053-3009
Old July 24th, 2009, 07:46 PM
delongbi
I C U

Hmm, this chapter was interesting. Leah does have a heart! And I still like William the best. I wonder what Pokemon it is...

Quote:
Anyway, if you’ve noticed that there are hardly any grammar mistakes in this chapter, it’s because my sister-in-law was kind enough to look it over and purge any she saw.
None that I found.

I don't have much to say about this... as usual, good job! Keep it up!

Old July 25th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Giratina ♀
what's your sign?

Quote:
The floor was a bit messy; there was a pile of clothes in the corner, but other than that, it looked spotless.
'There was' would probably be necessary. 'A pile of clothes in the corner, but other than that, it looked spotless' can't hold its own as a sentence, which is required for both parts of a semicolon.

Quote:
Seriously, it sounded like something from out of a stupid video game.
The lampshading made me chuckle, but as far as lampshading goes 'it's like we're in a video game' is pretty common material.

Quote:
Ed’s grip tightened on the Safari-Ball in his hand. “A Tauros!”
Quote:
“There’s no way you can capture a Tauros here unless you find it asleep or something.”
...and so on.

Taurus is a zodiac sign. Tauros is a Pokémon.

Quote:
It seemed to have finally gotten the notion to leave the trainers alone since it turned around and trotted away, its set tails flicking water behind it.
'Its set tails'? What does that mean?

Will's 'not your regular Pokémon' sounds pretty interesting. Would it happen to be a Shiny Pokémon with a temper, judging from their discussion of Pokémon thieves earlier on? Anyway, this chapter was quite interesting. Fighting off the Tauros was done pretty well, but the only way that William could have brought in Squirtle was to sneak it in, because the Safari Zone people don't want Trainer's Pokémon harming the wild ones - and if he does that every time he goes into the Safari Zone, wouldn't he be running a risk there?
Old July 25th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Dagzar
The Dreamer

Quote:
Great chapter, like always the little lampshade hanging made me laugh a bit, I'll admit
Thanks, Screw the rules, I have green hair! (Your name is certainly a mouthful). I love lampshade hangings!

Quote:
Great chapter, i started reading about a week ago and can't wait for the next chapter, keep up the good work
Thanks for reading and reviewing, altaria221! I hope I don’t disappoint you!

Quote:
Hmm, this chapter was interesting. Leah does have a heart! And I still like William the best. I wonder what Pokemon it is...

Yeah, Leah does have a heart in there somewhere, but it’s buried under all that snark. The brats may even be able to uncover it if they try hard enough. And William is getting pretty awesome; I have no clue why I didn’t like him when I introduced him.

Quote:
None that I found.

I don't have much to say about this... as usual, good job! Keep it up!
Thanks, delongbi!

Quote:
Taurus is a zodiac sign. Tauros is a Pokémon.
*slaps self* Looks like I have a lot of editing to do.

Quote:
'Its set tails'? What does that mean?
… I was going to say I misspelled ‘six’, but Tauros doesn’t have six tails and now I’m all confused. <_<

Quote:
Will's 'not your regular Pokémon' sounds pretty interesting. Would it happen to be a Shiny Pokémon with a temper, judging from their discussion of Pokémon thieves earlier on? Anyway, this chapter was quite interesting. Fighting off the Tauros was done pretty well, but the only way that William could have brought in Squirtle was to sneak it in, because the Safari Zone people don't want Trainer's Pokémon harming the wild ones - and if he does that every time he goes into the Safari Zone, wouldn't he be running a risk there?
Nope, the mystery Pokemon isn’t a shiny or is even known to have a temper. Nice guess, though. And William is technically running a risk of getting caught, but I think he may be able to charm his way out of trouble since he was using his Squirtle in self-defense and had a ten-year-old kid with him. Though However, any other time, he’d probably be kicked out.

Thanks for reviewing, Giratinasaur!
Old July 25th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Giratina ♀
what's your sign?

Tauros has three, I think. x3
Old July 31st, 2009, 07:38 PM
Dagzar
The Dreamer

Mentor
Chapter 20: Goodbyes and Hellos

It was a few days since their trip to the Safari Zone and William found himself seriously considering giving his brother a Pokemon. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to give Ed one; it was just that the Pokemon he was thinking of was really tough to train, especially for a newbie trainer.

Since he couldn’t decide on what to do, he decided that he might as well get some advice.

“Hello? Yes, this is William Williams. I’d like to speak to Professor Oak, please.” William held the phone to his ear and waited silently when the professor’s aide said that he’d go get him.

A giggle of laugher drew his gaze and he looked out the kitchen window to see Carla chasing Amber the Vulpix around the yard. If he strained his head, he could also spot Ally sitting on the stairs with Ed, talking quietly. Ed looked a bit put out, but William couldn’t really tell from the angle he was watching. He couldn’t see Leah anywhere, but he vaguely recalled her going out the front door almost a half-hour ago.

“William?” a voice finally said from the other end of the line.

William’s attention went back to the phone. “Hello, Professor. How’re you doing?”

“Fine, fine,” Professor Oak said, a hint of curiosity in his voice. William knew that the professor was busy, so he got straight to the point.

“You know those Pokemon I gave you?” William started, one of his hands playing with the phone’s rubber cord. “Do you think I could take one of them back?”

The Professor’s tone seemed puzzled. “I thought you gave up on being a trainer?”

“I have,” William replied. “But my brother needs another Pokemon and I was thinking of giving him Coralie.”

“Coralie, you say? How old is your brother?”

“Ten,” William said, but added, “He’ll be eleven in September.”

There was a pause at the other end of the line. “Hmm, do you think he’ll be able to take care of your Pokemon?”

“He’s been doing well with his Paras,” William said. “Coralie shouldn’t be that much trickier.”

“A trainer would have to have a lot of experience to raise a Pokemon like Coarlie properly,” Professor Oak warned.

William sighed. “I know. He promised to study hard if I gave Coralie to him.”

“Hmm.” The Professor paused. “I don’t see why not, but I’m not sure a ten-year-old would have much patience for a Pokemon like Coralie. Her ability is fascinating, yes, but once he realizes how limited it is…” The Professor trailed off, a bit uncertain at what would happen.

“He can always give Coralie back to me,” William said smoothly.

“Yes, I suppose you’re right,” Professor Oak said. “Should I send her over to the Fuchsia Pokemon Center?”

William nodded. “Yes, please. I’ll have my dad pick her up.”

“How is your brother’s journey going?” the professor asked, changing the topic.

Thinking about Ed’s recent hospitalization, William said, “It could have gone better, though he did get his first badge from Blaine.”

“He went to Cinnabar Island first? That’s rather odd.”

“It was under the advice of his mentor,” William replied. “She didn’t want to go to Viridian City.”

“Oh, that’s right; your brother is participating in the Trainer Mentorship Program, isn’t he? And how is that going?”

“Fine,” William answered shortly. “Their Mentor is a bit… different.”

“Oh? What’s her name?” Professor Oak asked curiously.

William paused. “Leah Gordon, though I might have her last name wrong.”

There was small pause before the professor answered. “Leah Gordon?”

“You know her?” William asked, a bit uncertain. He had no clue that Leah knew Professor Oak.

“No, I’ve never met her personally, but I know of her. A pity, actually. I would have liked to meet her and your brother.”

William didn’t really know why anyone would want to meet Leah, but then something else came mind and he paused, not exactly wanting to pry, but... “You weren’t at Pallet Town when the new trainers came by, right? I thought you liked doing that.”

“Yes, I do love meeting new trainers.” Professor Oak sighed. “Unfortunately, something came up at Mount Moon and I had to go.”

“What happened?”

Professor Oak’s tone was grim. “Bad business, I’m afraid. Strange characters were disturbing the Clefairy and making a mess of things. If it wasn’t for a few trainers who got involved, I’m afraid that they would have gotten away with nearly them all.”

William’s eyes narrowed and his grip tightened on the phone. “All of the Clefairy? Why would anyone do that?”

The professor sighed. “I’m afraid I don’t know. The Pokemon League is still investigating, but nothing has come out of it yet.”

“I hope those people are caught.” William frowned.

“Yes, so do I.”

Silence descended on their conversation and William changed the subject, having one more thing he wanted to do before he hung up. “Professor, may I ask a favor?”

-

“If it isn’t the Sandshrew Girl,” the Ekans Kid drawled as Leah walked up the hill.

“Yeah, yeah,” Leah grumbled. She had run out of excuses at why she was still meeting with the older teen.

Leah lowered herself to sit beside him.

“You wanna battle?” the Ekans Kid asked, purposely waiting until Leah got comfortable before proposing.

Shaking her head for once, Leah scowled and said, “No. I always win; it’s boring now.”

The Ekans Kid smirked and got out a Great-Ball from his belt, which didn’t look much like the Pokeball in terms of colors. Its top was a dark blue with a thick, cherry red line on each side of the ball, both producing slightly from the Great-Ball’s smooth surface.

“I won’t use Lucifer this time,” he promised. “This Pokemon is… something else.”

“Obviously.” Leah rolled her eyes. “So what is it, a Rhydon?”

The Ekans Kid wagged a finger at her. “I knew you’d ask that! … But no, I kept your Sandshrew in mind when choosing this particular Pokemon. They should be about equal.” His face brightened. “And because I like you, I didn’t choose a water-type, so no type advantage for either of us.”

Leah hardly stopped to think about it. “Fine, then.”

The two teens got up, going to their usual sides of the hill. Leah, quite confident in her abilities due to a winning streak, let loose Sands.

The Ekans Kid grinned, as if sensing the girl’s confidence. “You have no clue what you’re in for.”

The Great-Ball was thrown and the Pokemon was released.

The creature was something that Leah had never seen before. Actually, scratch that, it did bear a slight familiarity, but Leah just couldn’t place where she had seen it before.

The Pokemon looked up, tilting its abnormally large head and putting the end of one of its small skinny arms to its mouth. It stood on its feet, but the feet looked more like bumps at the bottom of its white body. It looked like the Pokemon was wearing a mask that covered the upper part of its head. The helmet was a mint green one with two red spikes sticking out of it. The Pokemon also had a tail, which was rather cloth-like and was dragged along the ground as the Pokemon stumbled over to Sands.

“Leave it, Teddy,” the Ekans Kid warned and the Pokemon instantly pulled back its white hand after trying to pet the Sandshrew. The strange little creature went back over to the Ekans Kid, and after a brief hesitation, grabbed hold of his pant leg as if wanting something.

“What is that?” Leah asked, crossing her arms. The Pokemon looked bizarre, as was most Pokemon that she had seen for the first time. And honestly, it looked nothing like a teddy bear, even if it vaguely acted like one.

The Ekans Kid grinned wider. “Teddy is a Ralts. Never heard of it?”

The name Ralts rung a bell in Leah’s head, but that was about it.

“Oh well.” The boy shrugged, the grin betraying his innocent look. “If you don’t even know what type it is, I guess I have the advantage then.”

Leah snorted. Maybe so, but the Ralts looked like it could fall over due to the gentlest of breezes. It didn’t look that tough. Hell, it wasn’t even bigger than Sands!

Before Leah could even issue an attack, the Ekans Kid jumped right in. “Teddy, Double Team!”

Mentally swearing, Leah could only watch as the Ralts briefly glowed right before two clones of itself appeared on each side of it. All three were swaying slightly and the middle one (and the original) kept turning its head to stare at the clones with curiosity.

“Sands,” Leah said. “Poison Sting the middle one.”

The Ekans Kid didn’t hesitate. “Focus, Teddy! Teleport around the Sandshrew.”

The Poison Sting harmlessly impacted the ground and Sands jumped back in surprise when the three Ralts instantly appeared around him. He looked wildly at the three, definitely not expecting to be suddenly double-teamed.

Leah was tempted to yell out ‘Ha! A psychic type!’, but unfortunately, the fact that the Original Ralts was now mixed up with the clones caused her to hold her tongue.

“You’re doing great, Teddy,” the Ekans Kid called out with a happy tone of voice.

“Scratch at one, Sands!” Leah commanded. Just because the Ralts cloned itself didn’t mean the Pokemon was any stronger than before. Besides, the clones were only illusions; Sands only had to hit them until he struck gold.

Sands leapt at the closest Ralts, which backed away like it was scared. Before the Sandshrew could even strike, the Ralts teleported next to one of the other Ralts.

“You can’t beat me if you can’t hit me,” the Ekans Kid taunted with a smirk in her direction, but paled. He glanced at the Ralts, two of them ignoring him, but one of them looking back at him with what was seemingly a nervous expression.

Leah happened to take notice of that fact.

“What’s wrong with you?” she asked pointedly at the Ekans Kid, taking a moment to command her won Pokemon. “Sand Attack, Sands.”

“Nothing,” the Ekans Kid said a little too quickly, answering Leah’s question before going back to the battle. “Get out of there, Ralts!”

Sands had little time. He jumped over to one of the patches of dirt between the grass and turned around, showing his tail to the Pokemon. Digging his claws into the dirt, he flung it out of the ground, between his legs and right at the psychic-types. Two of the Ralts were successful at teleporting away, but one of them seemed to malfunction, standing motionlessly and letting the dirt go right through its non-corporal form.

“One,” Leah said in victory, smirking and turning her attentions to the two remaining Ralts, who huddled together by their trainer.

The Ekans Kid surprisingly knelt down to speak to his Pokemon face to face. “You can do it, guys,” he was saying with much more emotion than Leah had ever seen from him. “Don’t be scared.” Then he smiled, showing a bit of teeth that looked a bit more intimidating than he intended.

The Ralts, however, ate it up. They let go of each other and bravely faced Sands head on, both standing tall.

Psychic types were weird, was all that Leah could think about.

Actually that gave Leah an idea. The Ralts seemed pretty timid and there were no rules to this battle, so maybe…

Making it looked like she was doing nothing important; Leah’s hand went into her pocket and retrieved the Fire Stone, keeping it hidden behind her back. Sands’ ears twitched and his stance changed, his claws digging into the ground where he stood. She was certain that her Pokemon knew the Fire Stone was out and that was exactly what she wanted.

“There’s no rules, right?” Leah asked the Ekans Kid, who now looked more confident.

“That’s right,” he replied and grinned when he saw that her hand was behind her back. “What? You’re going to give your Sandshrew X-Speed or something? That won’t help.”

Leah gave him back a smirk of her own.

“Hey, Sands!” she called out, mimicking an urgent and serious tone. “Look!” Holding up his Fire Stone, she waved it in the air, watching Sands’ eyes following the motion.

Making sure that his eyes were still on it, Leah threw it over to the Ekans Kid, who took a step back as the Fire Stone landed at his feet. The Ralts, both curious of the very shiny rock, gravitated towards it, losing a bit of interest in the battle.

Leah mock gasped. “They have your Fire Stone, Sands! Get ‘em!”

That was all that she needed to do. Sands, seeing his most favorite thing in the world in the possession of two strange Pokemon, quickly went to its rescue. Faster than Leah had ever seen him run, he sprinted right towards the Pokemon, making his attentions clear with a loud growling.

One of them jerked its hand away from the stone and the two Ralts turned towards the Sandshrew as one. Both were caught in a trance, unable to move or respond to their trainer’s commanded. They seemed so frightened that one of the Ralts disappeared, but not by teleportation since there was no white light. Now there was only one left and Teddy could only stand there.

Sands lunged, but a red light suddenly took Teddy away from his clawed clutch.

“Again?” Leah asked as the Ekans Kid put the Great-Ball away, having forfeited the battle.

The Ekans Kid grimaced and made his thoughts known. “That wasn’t really fair.”

Leah shrugged. “Hey, you’re the one who said no rules. Besides, I only threw a Fire Stone and there’s no harm in that. It’s not my fault Sands went nuts.”

Frowning, the older teen reluctantly let it slide since it was true.

“Hey,” Leah said, wanting to silence the bells of familiarity that were ringing in her head. “Where does Ralts come from anyways?”

The Ekans Kid’s eyes lit up and Leah mentally slapped herself for asking and prepared herself for a long and most likely boring conversation.

“I got him from Hoenn,” he started. “It took me a few days just tracking him down. They’re pretty rare, even over there. Of course, it took even longer just stopping him from teleporting.”

“What’d you do?” Leah asked dully.

The teen grinned at her. “Ralts are attracted to nice people, so all I had to do was to be nice and kind and radiate happiness.”

Leah wondered how you were supposed to ‘radiate’ happiness. “So… Ralts came to you because you were a good person?” she asked, doubt present in her voice.

“Not really,” the Ekans Kid admitted, waving if off. “As long as you’re in a good mood, Ralts won’t get scared.”

“Not a very good battler then,” Leah commented, putting her hands in her pockets. “If a little aggression puts them off, they’re not going to win very much.”

The Ekans Kid shrugged. “Yeah, but once Teddy evolves, he’ll be much more powerful and won’t have much to fear.”

Leah doubted that.

“By the way,” The older teen said, staring at the tree. “This is the last time I’m going to be losing to you. Next time, I’m going to stop holding back.”

“Holding back?” Leah snorted. “You haven’t won once yet.”

The Ekans Kid flushed. “Well, yeah, but the next time I see you, Teddy’s going to have already evolved and Lucifer too.”

Leah blinked. “They’re not going to have evolved by tomorrow.”

This time it was the Ekans Kid’s turn to give her a look of confusion. “What? Oh!” He slapped his forehead like he actually cared that much. “Forgot to tell you.”

“Tell me what?”

“Fuchsia City’s gotten old,” he explained. “I’m moving on.”

Leah wasn’t quite sure what to think about that. “You’re… leaving?”

“Yeah, I’m heading to Vermillion City to check out a few things there. Maybe attend the Pokemon League Convention if I can get a ticket.”

“Pokemon League Convention?” she repeated. It wasn’t something she had ever heard of before.

He grinned. “Yeah, this year it’s being held in Vermillion City. I tried to make it last year, but Pewter City was a bit too far away.”

Deciding to check out the convention on the internet later, Leah was surprised when the Ekans Kid suddenly stuck out his hand.

“Huh?”

“It’s a handshake,” he said, like he was talking to an idiot. “People do this when they’re greeting people or saying goodbye.”

Leah huffed. “You could just say goodbye.” But she took anyways, a bit shocked that his hand was so warm. After a moment, she tried to pull her hand away, but the Ekans Kid held it tightly.

“We might as well introduce ourselves,” he said with a grin. “I can’t keep calling you the Sandshrew Girl.”

“… I’m Leah,” she said grudgingly

The Ekans Kid gave her another smug smile. “I’m Danny.”

Danny released her hand and Leah took it back, giving him an odd look.

“So,’ he said cheerfully. “Now that that’s done, it’s time for me to get going. The path from Fuchsia to Vermillion is really long and boring and I need to get started.”

“Alright,” Leah replied.

With a small wave, Danny turned around and marched down the hill, looking like he was trying not to break into a run. Once he was on the path a few meters away, he turned his head to give Leah one more grin. And then he tripped because he wasn’t looking where he was going.

Leah chuckled. “Moron,” she said in amusement.

Sands looked up at his trainer from where he was sitting, giving her a confused look.

“Oh, go back to your Fire Stone,” Leah snapped at him when she saw that look.

The Sandshrew was only too happy to, feeling the smooth and sharp surface of the stone with his paws.

After a moment, Leah sat back down, under the tree’s shadow. She didn’t really want to go back to the house yet; she just didn’t feel like it.

Now that her only distraction in the mornings was gone, Leah wondered what she was supposed to do now. She had no clue how much longer she was staying in Fuchsia City for or when Ed’s parents would finally make their decision. Hell, she didn’t even know if she was going back to Pallet Town or being forced to continue accompanying the brats on their journey. Hopefully the former.

Actually, she didn’t need to follow the brats around. Come on, she was a volunteer! Sure, an unwilling one, but there wasn’t anything stopping her from just ditching them, like Danny did his. There may be a little guilt at first, but really, her Pokemon were weaker than Ed’s or Ally’s. She had an old Sandshrew while the other two had a strong Paras, an electrical Voltorb and a fiery (only literally) Vulpix.

Just because she was older didn’t make her more of an expert.

“Sands,” Leah said, not really wanting anything, but saying his name anyways.

The Sandshrew looked up curiously, but when Leah didn’t say anything else, his head drooped back down to the Fire Stone’s level.

Leah only sighed.

-

Slowly trudging through the doorway, Leah kicked off her shoes and went upstairs, ears open to inform her if there was anyone in the house. Apparently no one, but if her ears were right, everyone was in the backyard having a party or something. Following the laughter upstairs, Leah went trough the kitchen and opened the door, peering out, before cautiously making her way over to Mr. and Mrs. Williams, who were looking over the railing of the deck.

“What’s going on?” Leah asked as she joined them.

“William is introducing Ed to his new Pokemon,” Mrs. Williams said, a bit of disapproval in her voice.

Leah leaned over the railing and looked down on the events.

Ally stood off the side with Amber at her feet, watching politely with a smile on her face. Also with Ally was Ed’s Paras, but the bug-type wasn’t doing anything interesting, just sitting there with hardly a care in the world. A little further away, past Ally and in the corner of the yard, was Sparks. The Voltorb didn’t look very happy, but whether that was because he was always like that or that no one paying him any attention whatsoever couldn’t be deduced.

And the main event stood in the center of the yard, between William and Ed who were standing across from each other. The Pokemon were both light blue with brown shells on their backs and both obviously Squirtle. But that was as far as the similarities went. William’s Squirtle was standing motionless and alert, waiting for an attack. The other, however, kept swaying and moving its arms and tail back in forth, like it was trying them out.

“William gave Ed a… Squirtle?” Leah asked.

“Just watch,” Mr. William advised. “It’s not as it looks.”

Leah frowned and watched the battle silently.

“Okay, Squirtle,” William was saying. “Tackle.”

Ed grinned. “Coralie, use Water Gun!”

William’s Squirtle hardly waited for the words to leave her trainer’s mouth before she was off, running quite fast on those small four legs. The other Squirtle wobbled a few steps back, intimidated by the direct attack before Ed’s further urgings caused it to lean forward and taking in a breath. The jet of water that lefts its mouth was much smaller than William’s Squirtle would have done, but it was a direct hit all the same.

The stronger Squirtle didn’t care, though, only running right through the water, letting the liquid bounce right off her smooth head.

“Dodge!” Ed shouted, panicking.

Being too slow, Ed’s Squirtle could only brace itself as William’s bashed right into its stomach, knocking it back a few feet.

“Water Gun,” William said, but then added. “Don’t overdue it.”

The Squirtle nodded as she easily sent a large stream of water from her mouth and pushed the other Squirtle back another few feet, making it tumble backwards and onto its shell. When the water let up, Ed’s Squirtle flailed, trying to turn itself over, but its arms and legs were just too small by themselves.

“Aw,” Ed whined, judging the battle to be over.

Ed’s Squirtle realized that too as it relaxed its body and tilted its head back, letting the tips of its arms and legs to start melting into a pink-ish purple liquid-

“What the ****?” Leah said out loud, hardly noticing Mr. William’s cough.

The Pokemon’s shell deflated, lowering the Not-Squirtle to the ground and turning into the brightly colored goo as its limps joined the liquid along with its head. Now just a pile of purple slime, the goo kept moving, getting its bearings as the liquid reshaped itself into something more solid looking. When it was done its shape shifting, it stood upright as much as it could with no legs. The new Pokemon was rather small, about the same size as Ed’s Paras, but taller. The Pokemon had two bulges at the side of its body that acted as arms and was still a bright pink-ish purple color.

“What- a Ditto?” Leah asked, surprised.

“I picked it up at the Pokemon Center for William,” Mr. Williams explained. “Ditto was one of his old Pokemon.”

Frowning, Leah wondered where William caught the Ditto. They were very rare Pokemon and they usually just appeared around Kanto randomly. Hell, even if they were tools for breeding other Pokemon, it was still speculation on whether Ditto itself could breed.

And William gave such a Pokemon to Ed of all people?

Leah unhanded the railing and went down the stairs, wanting to take a closer look at the Ditto. By then, Ed was crouched over the Pokemon with Ally looking over his shoulder at the jiggling Ditto. Now that she was closer, Leah could see that the Pokemon looked utterly devoid of a personality, not only by not doing anything, but having no face as well.

“Leah!” Ed beamed at her. “Look! Look what William gave me!”

“I see,” Leah said, actually meaning it as she stared at the faceless Pokemon. It was creepy just looking at it.

William filled Leah in. “The Ditto’s named Coralie.”

Leah frowned, wondering why the Ditto had a nickname and William’s Squirtle didn’t.

“Hey,” Ed said, trying to get Leah’s attention again and only continued when she turned in his direction. “Send Sands out! I want to see Coralie transform into him.”

“Come on,” Leah grumbled, but got out the Pokeball anyways. “There are three other Pokemon you can use, why Sands?”

With a flash of light, Sands sat on the grass, blinking at the weird Pokemon that swayed in front of it. He raised one of his paws, intent on poking it (or something like that), but Leah glared at him until he lowered it.

Ed grinned. “Okay, Coralie! Transform!”

That word triggered a change in the Pokemon. It abruptly froze and appeared to be staring at Sands, even with no eyes. Suddenly, the Ditto melted, going back into a pile of goo. For a few seconds, it moved around a bit, but then raised itself tall, the purple color fading into a pale yellow-brown. Arms and legs formed, making a plate pattern that shifted as a tail and head were formed. The remaining bright color of the Ditto turned into white fuzz that lined the Sandshrew’s stomach and part of its muzzle.

Coralie’s black beady eyes stared right into Sands’ identical ones, both Pokemon having a stare down.

Leah couldn’t help but shiver a bit and feel uneasy. The transformation from Ditto to Sandshrew was more graphic then she really thought it would be. She expected maybe a white light or something and then an instant transformation, but not something in slow motion.

Ed didn’t have quite the same reaction. “Wow! Awesome!”

The two Pokemon continued their staring contest, before it was broken by Sands’ low growl. The ground-type’s ears were flat on his head and he changed his position to be standing on all four legs, tense and ready for a fight.

“Sands,” Leah scolded, not putting much effort into it. “Calm down.”

The Ditto-Sandshrew could only give the original a confused look that bordered on hurt when Sands backed away from the Pokemon, still growling.

Not wanting the two Pokemon to get into a fight (mostly because she didn’t feel like breaking it up), Leah returned Sands to his Pokeball to calm down.

Ed patted Coralie’s head in pity and picked it up, one arm going across its chest and the other holding up its legs.

“Whoa!” Ed said, backing up a few steps as he adjusted his grip. “I didn’t know Sands was this heavy.”

William re-entered the conversation. “Ed,” he said. “Remember, if you’re going to use Coralie, especially again Koga, you’re going to need to pay attention to the attacks different Pokemon use.”

“I know!” Ed said, having already been given such a talk. “I’ll take good care of Coralie!”

Smirking, William asked, “Okay then. Tell me, what attacks does Leah’s Sandshrew know?”

“Scratch,” Ed said off the bat. “Uh, Growl, Poison Sting…”

Leah rolled her eyes and added, “Sand-Attack and Rapid Spin.”

“Right!” Ed said, nodding.

“Ed,” Ally spoke up as she spoiled her Vulpix with pats. “When are we going to challenge Koga?”

Ed’s grin got wider as he put down Coralie. “Tomorrow!”

“No,” said both William and Leah, who looked at each other. William was the one who ultimately continued, “You need to do lots more studying before I’m going to let you do that. Do you know what Pokemon Koga’s going to use?”

“Poison types, like-” Ed counted with his fingers. “- Venonat, Grimer, Beedrill-”

“Do you know their attacks?” William asked, crossing his arms.

Ed shook his head. “No, but I know Amber’s attacks! I can get Coralie to turn into Amber and most poison-types are half bug, so I’ll have an advantage.”

Mentally groaning that Ed was already cutting corners, William was forced to admit, “That’s a good idea, but Ditto can only transform into objects in front of him. So unless Ally’s Vulpix is out while you’re battling, it’s not going to work.” William smirked. “Nice try, though.”

Pouting, Ed’s eyes narrowed as he tried to think of an idea.

Since her interest had been lost, Leah turned around and went back to the deck, but not before giving the Not-Sandshrew one more look. Coralie sat still on the ground, its clawed paws playing with the strands of grass in front of it like a child would.

Leah shivered.

-

A/N: Finally, after about twelve chapters, another Pokemon is captured. (Hey, that kind of rhymed!) Anyways, next chapter is the gym battle and hopefully it won’t be as short as I think it might be.
Old August 7th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Dagzar
The Dreamer

Mentor

Chapter 21: Koga

-

Leah watched the rain drip down the car window as she listened to the pitter-patter on the car roof. It was a miserable afternoon with dark clouds in the sky and a chill in the air. To her left, Ed was practically bouncing in his seat and he constantly leaned forward as much as the middle seatbelt allowed him to, just to keep asking the same annoying question:

“Are we there yet?”

William only sighed and Leah smirked at him, happy that Ed was bothering him instead of her.

“Not yet,” Mr. Williams spoke up from the driver’s seat, both eyes fixed on the road. “We’ll get there when we get there.”

Giving his father a grateful look, William continued, “Ed, if you’re bored, why don’t I quiz you?”

That did the trick as Ed backpedaled. “No,” he said hastily. The past few days since getting his Ditto had been spent looking at the different kinds of poison-types that Koga would use. It wasn’t an uncommon sight for Ed to suddenly check in on different members on the household to get away from studying. It wasn’t that Ed didn’t like looking at poison-types and their moves (“awesome” as Ed would call them), it was just that William made it really boring.

“Come on, Eddy,” William said, grinning as he turned in his seat so that he could see his brother. “Last minute studying could be the difference between winning and losing.”

Ed pouted and leaned back in his seat. “I won the Volcano Badge from Blaine without studying.”

“You lost,” Leah pointed out, losing interest in the rain. “Ally won and Blaine just happened to be nice and give you the battle.”

Ally spoke up from the other side of Ed. “P- Paras was able to poison Growlithe,” she defended, her stutter a bit worse than usual.

“He still lost.”

“Play nice,” William scolded at Leah and then turned back to Ed. “Come on, Eddy. You have nothing to loose. Just give me five minutes.”

Scowling, Ed crossed his arms and but admitted defeat. “Fine.”

Before the quiz began, William spoke to the girls. “If you want to pitch in, don’t hesitate.”

Leah turned back to the window, not interested.

“First question,” William started. “What type is Venonat?”

“Poison and Bug,” Ed answered immediately, expression still defiant.

“What are its special abilities?”

Ed opened his mouth but closed it again, thinking hard. “Uh, they have really good eyesight and sometimes… their attacks that wouldn’t do much damage against a type with immunities, does damage?” He seemed a bit uncertain at that point.

Nodding, William explained further. “Yes, though remember, sometimes Venonat only has one of those abilities, not two.” He turned to Ally, who looked at him curiously. “Ally, this is going to affect you the most since you have a fire-type. If Koga sends out a Venonat against your Vulpix, there’s a good chance that its bug-type attacks, like Leech Life, will an unusual amount of damage.”

Turning back to Ed, William said, “While we’re on attacks, here’s another question about Venonat: from levels zero to two, what techniques would it have?”

“Leech Life,” Ed started, now regretting that he spent his studying time just bugging Ally or Leah. “Supersonic, Tackle, Poison Powder, Disable Foresight…”

“Confusion,” Ally offered hesitantly.

William nodded in approval. “That’s right!”

“Here’s a question,” Mr. Williams said, having been keeping an ear on their conversation. “What poison-types is Koga going to use?”

Ed started to list off a bunch. “Venonat, Grimer, Koffing, Ekans-”

“Nidoran?” Ally asked.

“I have never seen him use Nidoran or their evolutions.” William shook his head. “I think it’s because they evolve into more ground based Pokemon. I know Giovanni from Viridian City uses them and he’s a ground-type trainer.”

Leah entered the game. “Butterfree? Beedrill?”

“Butterfree isn’t a poison-type,” William said. “He might use Beedrill, though I’ve never seen it.”

Suddenly, William snapped his fingers. “Oh, right. Got to tell you guys something.”

Ed and Ally leaned forward.

“Now, you both have two Pokemon,” he said to their nods. “So Koga has the choice to challenge you to either a one-on-one battle or a two-on-two battle. If you end up in a one-on-one battle, choose wisely. Ed, I’m talking to you, so listen. Koga will probably send out his Pokemon first and if it’s one that you don’t know much about, don’t use Coralie. You’d be better off using Paras since you know its attacks and abilities.”

Ed nodded. “Got it!”

“Leah,” Mr. Williams suddenly asked as Leah averted her eyes from the window to look at the boy’s father. “Are you challenging Koga?”

Blinking, Leah had troubles computing the question. “Why would I do that?” she asked dryly, actually a bit curious at the answer. When had she ever given some sort of hint that she wanted to challenge a gym leader?

“Don’t most trainers get badges?” he asked. “I know William did it when he was young.”

“… I’m not that type of trainer,” Leah replied, a bit uncomfortable. She didn’t want to get into her motivations with Ed’s dad of all people.

“Come on!” Ed said, jumping into the conversation. “It’ll be fun! You battle with us all the time.”

Leah scowled. “No,” she said and turned her head away from him, making the matter closed.

-

The gym was a bit far out of the city and by the time the car got there, the rain had stopped.

Leah opened the car door, pausing for a few drops of rain water to drip down from the hood before getting out, Ed right behind her. The gravel crunched under their shoes as they went around the back of the car, meeting up with Mr. William and Ally. Slow as ever, William took his time and with his cane clutched in one hand, the group walked towards the gym as one.

The gym was surrounded by trees with big long branches that stretched out quite a distance from their trunks. The branches hung over the large gravel-filled space that served as a parking lot and Leah kept a scowl on her face as the tree’s leaves dripped water onto everything under it. The gym itself looked a bit like a lodge that might’ve been found up the mountains. It was completely made of wood with a small staircase leading up to the porch.

Not bothering with the damp railing, Leah was careful not to slip as she went up the stairs. There was an odd pine scent in the air that smelled rather nice, but Leah wasn’t paying much attention to it, her eyes focused on the door ahead. In the double door were two glass windows that took up much of the top part, but the glass was blurred so that Leah could only see pale light, but not much else.

They went inside, Mr. William holding the open for everyone. The inside was much nicer than Blaine’s gym was. It was well lit and had some sort of cozy, earthy feeling to it. The ceiling was a bit low and there was even a fireplace (though not lit) over by the couches. It was then Leah started wondering whether they had accidently entered an actual lodge instead of the gym. A rug guided them over the receptionist’s desk, though Ed took a detour, gravitating to the large cushioned seats instead.

“Stay with us, Ed,” Mr. Williams warned.

Ed sulked, but hardly for a moment as he came back to them with a grin, the prospect that he was about to battle Gym Leader Koga on his mind.

“Is Koga open?” William asked the receptionist.

“He’s currently battling a challenger,” the receptionist replied with a small smile. “I don’t think it’ll take much longer.”

William thanked her and turned back to the group, just in time for Ed to complain.

“We have to wait?” he asked, crossing his arms and looking put out.

“Be patient,” William commented, looking around.

Since there wasn’t any point in waiting around, Leah went over to the cushioned chairs and sat down on one of them, letting her body sink into the seat. Ed and Ally followed her lead, the boy throwing himself on one of the couches and Ally sitting next to him, hands folded on her lap.

“I can’t wait!” Ed exclaimed, taking out his two Pokeballs and holding them tightly in his hands.

Ally copied him, though only with Amber’s ball. “A- Are you nervous?” she asked.

“Nope!” he replied proudly. “I’m gonna win!”

William came up to them, settling down into the chair next to Leah, leaning his cane against the arm of the seat. “Don’t get overconfident. That’s the easiest way to lose,” he said.

“Did you ever battle Koga?” Ally asked the older boy shyly.

“Yeah, but that was a long time ago.” William replied, smiling. “He gave me and Martini lots of trouble.” He then noticed Ally’s enquiring look and explained, “Martini was my Golduck.”

Ed’s brightened. “I remember Martini! I loved playing with him!”

Chuckling, William said, “I remember how you always badgered him to use Psychic on your toys and make them move.”

“Yeah!” Ed frowned a bit. “I wish you didn’t give him away.”

William took pity on his brother. “Martini wouldn’t have had much to do if he stayed with me. Besides, I still keep in contact with his new trainer, so I can still visit.”

Curious on how William won the gym battle, Ed asked eagerly, “How did you and Martini win?

A nostalgic smile spread across his face. “A lot of effort,” William said, leaning back into the chair, his eyes dimming as the memory came to the forefront of his mind. “It was a one-on-one battle and it was me and Martini versus Koga and his infamous Muk. Now, Muk are really tough Pokemon to beat normally, but Koga upped the difficulty to eleven. His just kept using Minimize and Acid Armor over and over again, enough that Muk was pretty much a speck and as hard as diamond. It was really frustrating since either Martini’s attacks weren’t connecting or they hardly did any damage.”

“What did you do?” Ally asked, memorized by the story. Even Leah was paying attention.

“Martini was finally able to Disable Muk’s Acid Armor,” he continued. “Then, all we had to do was confuse the hell out of it until it knocked itself out.”

Ed looked at his brother with a worried face. “Do you think he’ll send out Muk against us?”

William shook his head. “Koga’s Muk is way too high leveled for you guys. He might send out a Grimer though, so watch out for that.”

The conversation steadily drifted onto less Pokemon-related topics, despite Ed’s urgings for William to tell more gym battle stories. Leah zoned out, relaxing in her chair and trying to ignore the babble going on around her.

Thankfully, it wasn’t too soon when the doors that lead to Koga’s arena opened and several people walked out. There were four of them and three were comforting one guy who had his head bowed. As they walked past Leah, she kept an ear open for what they were saying.

“Don’t worry, man,” said one of the comforters. “Most people lose to him on their first try.”

“Yeah, you’re not alone. He completely creamed me, too.”

The challenger sighed. “I totally thought I had him, though! I didn’t know Venomoth could even do that.”

“You can challenge him again later or something,” another said, patting the challenger on the back. “Come on.”

Leah turned her eyes back to everyone else, just in time to see Ed and Ally’s pale face, intimidated by what the previous challenger and his friends’ said.

“You’ll both do fine,” William said, noticing the suddenly cool mood. “Just remember what I said and do your best.”

Everyone got up, Leah lagging slightly as she wondered if she could just stay behind since she wasn’t battling or anything.

The receptionist nodded at them as they went past and Ed gave her a shaky grin in return, nervousness at the upcoming gym battle finally making itself present. They walked through the door and into the arena.

It looked quite similar to Blaine’s, but instead of candles, there were lanterns hanging from the ceiling, all brightly lit. The ground mimicked the outside, with dirt and mud spread out amongst the floor and walls were made of wood. Wooden bleachers sat again the wall, having three levels to them. The only other person in the room was a woman with purple hair tied back in a ponytail, who sat cross-legged at the side of the room, her hands playing with two colored flags.

She looked up when she saw them and immediately got up, revealing a sleeveless black jumpsuit and a fishnet shirt. “Hey,” she greeted with a smile, brushing herself off. “Welcome to Fuchsia Gym!”

“Where’s Koga?” Ed asked, noticing the gym leader’s absence.

The woman grinned. “Dad’s taking a water break.” She then peered at Ed and Ally, who were at the front of the group. “Are you guys challenging, because you two look a bit small.”

Ed bristled. “Yeah, we’re challenging! And we’re going to win!”

The woman walked forward, her pink-ish red scarf dancing behind her. “You sure you guys can take Dad?” she asked, stopping a few feet away.

“We’re sure!” Ed exclaimed, his confidence returning.

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” the woman said in a singing tone and then crossed her arms and looked at the obvious adult. “Just these two?”

Mr. Williams nodded. “Yup. They’re all yours.”

“Awesome!” the woman cheered and grinned at the two. “So, what levels are the Pokemon you’re going be using?”

William was the one who answered. “Varies around high level one and very low level two,” he said.

The woman nodded. “Got it! I’ll go tell Dad.” She looked at the non-challengers. “If you want, you guys can go sit on the bleachers.”

Leah had started walking almost as soon as the woman turned around. She jumped up on the bottom bleacher and up one before settling on the topmost bleacher. Mr. Williams and William followed, both taking a seat on the bottom one.

“You always go for the top?” William asked Leah, turning around.

“Yeah.” Leah shrugged. Unlike the lower bleachers, the top had the wall conveniently behind it so that it could be used as the back of a seat.

“I didn’t know Koga had a daughter,” Mr. Williams commented.

Shaking his head, William said, “Me either.” He looked around, mostly at the lanterns above their head. “Wow, I haven’t been here in years. The lanterns are definitely new.”

“… William,” Mr. Williams said, and his son looked up immediately since rarely did his father use his full name. “What were those forms all about?”

William frowned. “Forms, what forms?”

“The lady at the desk,” the father started, “asked me to fill out some forms for Ed and Ally that said that the gym was not responsible for any accidents.” Mr. Williams spat the last word, not at all happy at what the forms implied.

An aghast look overtook William’s face. “What? I’ve never heard of this.”

“I have,” Leah threw out and when father and son turned around to look at her, she further explained, “At Cinnabar Gym, I had to sign the same thing.”

The three just looked at each other, saying nothing.

“Well,” William said, looking rather uncomfortable. “Pokemon are a bit dangerous and accidents can happen. These are poison-types.”

There was a pause and Mr. Williams finally said, “After the battle, I’m going to ask the Gym Leader himself at what this is all about. Because I don’t like it; not at all.”

-

“D- Do you think we can win?” Ally asked, more nervous than normal due to Koga’s reputation.

Ed nodded. “Yeah,” he said, turning to her. “Our Pokemon are awesome! We can’t lose!”

Just then, the door at the side of the room opened with the woman and Koga walking through, both talking quietly. The man was dressed much like his daughter with a black jumpsuit and long red scarf tied tightly around his neck. His hair was black and spiky and he had a gaunt face with a long and pointy nose.

“You two are here to challenge me?” the gym leader asked, his voice grave.

The two trainers felt intimidated by him and it was Ed who replied. “Y-Yeah!”

Koga nodded and turned to his daughter. “Janine.”

“Got it, Dad!” she said and walked to the side of the arena, picking up the red and green flags.

“I would like to battle you first,” Koga said to Ally, who froze for a moment before slowly nodding.

Ally stepped forward into the trainer box, her eyes pausing over to the three-people audience, before she looked back at Koga, who had reached the other trainer box.

“Okay!” Janine announced. “This is a battle between Gym Leader Koga and the challenger… ah, ****. What’s your name?”

Ally’s voice was hardly audible. “Ally Anderson.”

“- and the challenger, Ally Anderson!” Janine continued. “This will be a two-on-two battle and no time limit. That okay with everyone?”

-

“Idiot.” Leah couldn’t help but comment quietly when Ally nodded at the set rules.

William frowned. “Does she know that she can reject the rules if she wanted to?” He hesitated, rising out of his seat. “Maybe I should tell her…”

Watching the two trainers sending out their Pokemon, Leah said, “Too late now.”

-

Ally didn’t hesitate at which Pokemon she was going to choose and she threw the Pokeball to the middle white line. “Go, Amber!”

Appearing in a dazzling white light, the Vulpix fanned out his two tails and sniffed the white chalk in front of him, seemingly recognizing it.

Koga threw his own Pokeball, letting it arch in the air before releasing the captive Pokemon. The Pokemon was much like Ditto in the sense that it was made up of a dark purple slime, which oozed and popped as the Pokemon placed its three fingered hands on the ground in front of it. It rose up, revealing two white eyes that kept disappearing under the slime that dripped past them.

A mild, but rather terrible odor filled the air and Ally covered her nose and mouth with her hand, grimacing at the smell. Ed, who was still behind Ally, backed away in disgust, almost thankful that he didn’t have to go first. However, Koga seemed unaffected by it, the same as Janine, who prepared her flags.

“Let the battle begin!” Janine said with a grin, waving both of the flags in front of her.

“E-Ember!” Ally commanded, her voice muffled by her hand. Amber, who was keeping his distance, was only too happy to try to get rid of thing that was making that smell. A small fireball was launched right at the pile of goo, but the Grimer’s trainer had other plans.

Koga’s eyes narrowed, as if thinking of a strategy. “Minimize.”

The fireball didn’t even scorch Grimer as it zoomed right over the poison-type’s head. Grimer’s slime body had taken less than a second to spread out across the dirt, now looking like a puddle of slime. Once the fire was no longer a threat, it pulled itself together, but looking quite a bit smaller than before.

Ally remembered what William had set about that move and she knew that she had to put a stop to it before everything started to miss. “Amber, Quick Attack!”

The Vulpix crouched down before becoming a blur as he rushed at Grimer.

“Disable!”

With hardly a pause, Grimer expanded itself again, but time not on the floor but in the air, looking like a liquid net. Unable to stop in time, Amber ran right into it and the slime instantly came down around it, trapping it in the poison-type’s body. However, Grimer didn’t swallow, only spitting out the fire-type after a moment, who slid on the ground, fur matted with goo. Amber’s tails were stuck together, the tips of them having a thin later of slime between them.

“Amber!” Ally shrieked.

The Vulpix tried to get up, but his legs were stuck together and he was forced to just lay there, defeated.

Janine raised the red flag in her father’s direction. “Vulpix is unable to battle! Grimer wins!”

“Return,” Ally called out hoarsely, Amber being pulled back into his Pokeball. Her breath caught in her throat as she realized that she had only one other Pokemon she could rely on. Amber had been beaten so easily, so quickly, so there was no way Sparks could win, right? Especially since the electric-type wouldn’t even listen to her...

Taking out her only other Pokeball, Ally glanced at it for a moment, wishing as hard as she could that Sparks would cooperate, just this once.

“Sparks, go!”

-

“No way she’s going to win now,” Leah said, sighing. When was the battle going to be over?

William slowly nodded. “Maybe if Koga only had one Pokemon left…”

“What’s the problem?” Mr. William asked, puzzled, his mouth still pulled downwards into a frown. “I know the Voltorb is a bit of a troublemaker, but I’m not sure it’ll just stand there and get attacked.”

“Not the problem, Dad. Voltorb will definitely attack, but its most likely going to go out of bounds while doing so. Not only that, but there’s nothing stopping it from attacking Ally or Koga.” William paused. “I think she should throw in the towel before someone gets hurt.”

Surprisingly, it was Leah who came to Ally’s aid. “Oh, give her a chance,” she said, having no clue what she was even saying. “Koga’s a gym leader, he’s not going to let anyone get hurt.”

-

The Voltorb looked around him with narrowed eyes.

Ally kept silent, her hands folded in front of her. She didn’t say anything and didn’t make any sort of move. Sparks wouldn’t listen to her, so what was the point of telling him what to do?

Both trainers did nothing, each waiting for the other to make the first move.

When it was apparent Ally wasn’t going to do anything, Koga said, “Grimer, Mud Slap.”

Grimer tilted back, using its long arm to reach behind it to the ground. With one move, it pulled its arm back, gathering the dirt and flinging it at its opponent. Ally made a small squeak and jumped back as the mud hit her pants and shoes, while Sparks rolled out of the way.

Now it was on. Grimer had successfully gotten the Voltorb’s full attention and Sparks definitely wasn’t happy at being attacked. Small yellow sparks jumped around his spherical body and Sparks growled like a machine. Closing his eyes, the Voltorb started to roll, upturning dirt and bit of mud that got in his way.

“Harden, Grimer,” Koga said, looking unimpressed.

Grimer did so, its liquid body glowing a pale purple, and turning solid. It was now prepared for Voltorb’s attack, or so it thought. Sparks, though, had a different plan in mind. More sparks fizzled into existence as the electric-type didn’t slow down, only speeding up. The Voltorb collided into Grimer, making a cracking sound as the electricity exploded outwards, throwing both of the Pokemon back.

Voltorb rolled to a stop and after a moment, he righted himself so he could look directly at the damage he did. Grimer smoked, its body now back into a liquid form. The terrible smell was much thicker and now had a slight burnt odor to it. Despite that, Grimer was still conscious, its arms shaking as it pushed itself up.

The two Pokemon stared at each other and Sparks made another growl, warning that he would do that again.

“Return,” Koga said, holding up a Pokeball and with red light, Grimer disappeared.

“You sure about that, Dad?” Janine asked, blinking, but quickly regained her composure and held up the green flag. “Uh, Grimer has forfeited! Voltorb wins!”

“I know when the battle has been lost,” Koga told Ally, taking out another Pokeball and throwing it.

Koga’s second Pokemon was unexpected. It buzzed in the air, its four wings a blur as it hovered over the battlefield. It had a yellow insect-like body made of three parts. The top part was its head with two large red eyes and two antennas above them. Its middle was attached to its arms and legs that resembled sticks. On the end of each arm was a large silver spike that must have been not very heavy since the Pokemon’s twig-like arms could lift them. The end part of its body, which was the biggest, had two black hoops and on the very end was a large yellow stinger.

“A Beedrill,” Ally whispered to herself. Her Pokemon tilted back his body so that he could look at it, not at all intimidated.

“Beedrill, Fury Attack,” Koga said. “Do not let it rest.”

In an instant, Beedrill was right over Sparks, baring down on the electric-type, spikes raised. The Voltorb rolled back, dodging a spike, but was nicked by another and making him pause. Sparks was forced to get moving again as soon as he was hit again. The spikes didn’t do much damage since Sparks had a hard body, but they were very annoying and Beedrill could poke out Voltorb’s eyes if the electric-type wasn’t careful.

Sparks let off a small electrical discharge, deflecting one of the spikes and making Beedrill fly back a bit. However, after the electricity died down, Beedrill was back on his case, the Voltorb having to continuously move in order not to get hit.

Ally bit her lip, wondering if she should say anything. Sparks wouldn’t listen, but maybe it would give her Pokemon an idea?

“Sparks,” Ally finally said. “Charge!”

The Voltorb ignored her, not even giving his trainer a glance. Beedrill, however, pulled back, flying near to the ceiling, just in case Voltorb changed its mind.

“Twineedle.” Koga commanded.

Beedrill turned around, flying back towards the Voltorb. Once it was close enough, Beedrill lifted its legs and jabbed its stinger in Sparks’ direction. The electric-type rolled back, but like the Fury Attack, Beedrill just kept trying. Sparks let loose another Spark, but Beedrill dodged, flying around the Voltorb and trying again.

Finally, Voltorb was so fed up, he concentrated, sending a Sonicboom right to Beedrill’s face. Luckily for the poison-type, it was able to get out of the line of fire just in time, pulling up and getting out of the way for any other assaults.

Koga thought for a moment before saying, “Poison Sting.”

Still staying away, Beedrill once again pointed its stinger, but instead of flying close, it let its stinger glow before shooting out several purple needles. Sparks rolled again, but couldn’t stop as Beedrill didn’t even pause with its attack. Forced to race around the field, Voltorb kept turning and twisting, trying not to get hit while spewing dirt in his wake. Several times, Sparks rolled near the boundary line, but he never crossed it, having to always go another way because of the Poison Sting.

Ally watched, breathless. It was a stalemate, neither of the Pokemon getting the advantage. Beedrill couldn’t hit Sparks and Sparks couldn’t fight back. As long as Beedrill stayed high in the air, her Voltorb couldn’t hit it. Maybe she could think of a way, a strategy, to get Beedrill to come back down, but if Sparks wouldn’t listen, what was the point?

“You can do it, Ally!” Ed cheered from behind her and she turned around to give him a hesitant smile.

There was nothing she could do. It all came down to luck; Sparks would just have to win by himself…

Back in the field, Sparks was getting tired. There was only so much energy he had and he had already used a lot, not only by moving around so much, but also because of the large amount of electricity he had used against Grimer. As the Voltorb rolled, he started to glow a pale yellow, charging electrical energy. His movement became erratic, as he could only focus on a single task. Finally, the Pokemon stopped, deciding to continue charging rather than moving.

The pale needles bounced off his body and Sparks shielded his face by turning around, but Beedrill followed his movements, trying to hit his face.

“Beedrill.” Koga said. “Fury Attack.”

The Poison Sting let up and Beedrill rushed in, spikes outstretched. With a clang, the spike scratched Sparks’ metal-like surface, leaving a shallow red line. Another jab by Beedrill left a second scratch.

“Sparks!” Ally yelled. “Now!”

Sparks discharged, making the air crackle and giving off a bright yellow light. The blast of energy threw the poison-type back, making its limbs freeze in mid-air. Beedrill landed on the ground, the only sign of life being its wings that kept twitching like it was trying to get off the ground.

Janine came over to peer at Beedrill closely and when she saw that it wasn’t going to get up, she raised her green flag. “Beedrill is unable to battle! Voltorb wins! The match goes to Ally Anderson!”

When she heard those words, Ally felt relief wash over her like a tidal wave. She did it; she won. With her body tingling, she walked over to her Voltorb and knelt beside him. The electric-type glared at her, the air still thick with static, but she only smiled and didn’t try to touch him.

“G- Good job!” she told him, her voice still breathless.

Sparks growled again and Ally returned him to her Pokeball for a much needed rest. When she stood up, Koga and Janine were in front of her.

“You have proved your worth,” Koga said dully, like it was a line he used often. He showed her a pink heart-shaped badge and handed it to her.

“Aw, stop being all cold, Dad,” Janine commented and said to Ally, “That was a good battle; you’re definitely a tough one.”

Koga frowned. “Your Voltorb is wild?”

Ally gulped under his stern gaze and nodded. “Y- Yes. He doesn’t really like me…”

“Then I suggest that you do not use him in a battle until he is under control,” the gym leader advised. “He could get other people hurt and you would not be able to stop it.”

“Good job, Ally!” Ed cut in, coming up to them. His eyes were wide and he was grinning, having enjoyed the battle. “That was awesome.”

Ally blushed. “T- Thanks.”

“You’re next,” Janine said to Ed. “Are you ready?”

Ed’s grin got wider. “Yeah!”

Koga turned to him.

“Then let us begin.”

-

A/N: This chapter got way too long so I’m just going to put Ed’s battle in the next chapter. And you know, I’m starting to notice that my chapters always come out weirdly long, especially when I’m sure that the chapter will be on the short side. I’m not sure whether this is a good thing or bad thing. <_<

Anyways, I’m curious; does anyone have any predictions for later chapters?

Last edited by Dagzar; August 14th, 2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old August 7th, 2009, 09:30 PM
solovino
RAWR~❤

Nature: Timid
Yay! More chapters! More Sands♥FireStone!

The whole preparing for the Gym Battle idea was nicely done and I think pace was the correct or most convenient one, regardless that the fact that as you say, chapters end up longer than they were intended to be; but I have to say, from my prespective, chapters are getting actually shorter plot-wise.

Also thanks for putting up more with the Ekans Kid (and his Ralts). It was a very fun battle to read because given the previous record of these boys, I didn't expect most of the things they tried to do (such as Ekans Kid retreating again).

Oh and one more thing... under normal circumstances I would have waited till next chapter to review, but I'm going to review right now! because I feel kinda sick and have been going around with doctors... for medical reasons... lately. Just in case.

Now, for some suggestions, inquiries, and minor corrections...

Quote:
Than I can’t catch Nidorino or anything strong?” Ed frowned.
I'm guessing it's a "then" there. Also, kudos for the Nidorinos. I love Nidos, and I think they don't get enough love. Not even from the friggin games what with the infertility 'glitch'... OK I'm done ranting...

Quote:
...the Not-Sandshrew thing...
Fun and creepy in one. Ditto was an interesting idea for a Pokémon to give Ed given that we're talkin' game battle mechanics here; let's see what it turns out to be like when Ed is to face a Pokémon he doesn't know.

Quote:
“Hey, Sands!” she called out, mimicking an urgent and serious tone. “Look!” Holding up his Fire Stone, she waved it in the air, watching Sands’ eyes following the motion.
Oooohhh OTP!!! :D
And that's interesting for a switch in strategy. I have to say, for all the no-trainer that Leah is, she's got the cunnings of M. Tatcher. Now if that is good or bad for poor Sands...

Quote:
Leah mock gasped. “They have your Fire Stone, Sands! Get ‘em!”

That was all that she needed to do.
Ralts are is SO EFFIN' F*ED!!!!
*Ralts receives 65535 damage!*

I like to see that you combined three forms of attachment to completely twist around the battle: Sand's love for the Fire Stone, Leah's ability to adequately see this as a tool for use in battle (Fire Stone is not an in-battle use item, nor one that "can" be taken advantage by a Sandshrew, after all...) and most importantly associating Ralt's "powered by kindness" with this form of projection of interest (timid nature yet quick to explore). The resulting scene with Ekans Boy yet again retreating from battle is a much welcomed surprise, since I fully expected for him to try and twist things around by that point.

Also we finally get the Ekans Kid's name, but for some reason I can't really care. He's still that Ekans Kid from he hill who runs away as soon as the battle turns a bit strange on him.

One thing from the game mechanics I would have liked to see there was Ekans Kid giving half of his money to Leah for all these battles. I mean come on he's essentially battling her just out of lust to tire and annoy her and he's forfeiting all battles at the first scare!

...And now he's leaving? Leah's best and only form of diversion sans kicking Sands off from a hilltop has gone off to lands unknown... now maybe she's gonna take her Mentor work seriously.

For the most recent delivery...

Quote:
To her left, Ed was practically bouncing in his seat and he constantly leaned forward as much as the middle seatbelt allowed him to, just to keep asking the same annoying question:

“Are we there yet?”
Cue my childhood

Seriously, I like how normally childlike the characters behave out of battle. Ally more thasn everyone else and her personality has been being developed white well. William and his particular form of being a no-Trainer is also a nice addition to the rooster.

Quote:
“Is Koga open?” William asked the receptionist.
Don't know you adults but that kinda sounded so wrong to me... Did you meant available instead? I guess no. I'm a bit dirty these days...

Quote:
The woman grinned. “Dad’s taking a water break.”
Yay! HG&SS Cameo!!!!!! +2 Mood EV pts for me!

Quote:
Amber, who was keeping his distance, was only too happy to try to get rid of thing that was making that smell.
An pronoun or adjective missing here, perhaps?

Quote:
“You always go for the top?” William asked Leah, turning around.

“Yeah.” Leah shrugged.
Nothing wrong here. It's just that I still remember a certain almost Wet Sari scene and how... challenging it seemed to read on in William's mind.

Quote:
“You have proved your worth,” Koga said dully, like it a line he used often.
Some conjugation is missing here, it seems.

Now, overall the new chapters are quite good, it's just, as I said, for my particular preception of the speed of the plot they seem to be getting shorter. But if what you say it's true that the Gym battle as a whole is turning very much longer than you expected, I won't have to worry anymore... :D

I hope to see more of this work since it's one of the few I am reading right now. I'll try and be reviewing every third or fifth chapter, that means next month most surely but don't despair, I'll keep reading this interesting love story!
Elusive Goals | Sixth | Playfield
RP
Silent @ We Are All Pokémon Trainers
Articles
Nidoran Line, Lileep Line, Latii and others @ Project PEFE
My Claims
All pending revision

OTHER STUFF
Banner: “Playfield” by Hydro_King@Serebii.
Pokéteca Librarian — Researcher for The Pokédex Extended Fanon Edition
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:44 PM
delongbi
I C U

Hullo! Was everyone on vacation or something last week? I found the lack of reviews very peculiar.

Quote:
They went inside, Mr. William holding the open for everyone.

I think Mr. William was holding a door...

That was the only mistake I found. Hmm, I have a lot more random comments and ponderings than usual...

Ditto was an interesting addition to Ed's team. Can Ditto transform into any person/thing/Pokemon, or just Pokemon, or some variation?

Quote:
“Dad’s taking a water break.”

The first time I read that, I thought pregnant? Then I reread it and realized the obvious meaning...

Quote:
Anyways, I’m curious; does anyone have any predictions for later chapters?

Well, I am positive we have not seen the last of Danny. My theories about him are a) he is a psychic or is just particularly sympathetic of his Pokemon's feelings b) something is wrong with his Pokemon so if they get hurt too much, they blow up or something c) he's just a weird kid. Whatever the case, I'm sure he'll turn up somewhere.

I am sad that we'll be leaving William soon. For a while, I thought he might come along with the group, but now I'm convinced otherwise (but still hopeful). Leah needs someone to put her in her place sometimes.

I think Ed is going to win the battle (they've spent way too much time in Fuchsia already), but use his Ditto incorrectly, and I think they'll be going to Celadon next.

And those are all of my predictions, for now. Keep up the good work!

Old August 10th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Dagzar
The Dreamer

Thanks for reviewing solovino and delongbi!

Quote:
Oh and one more thing... under normal circumstances I would have waited till next chapter to review, but I'm going to review right now! because I feel kinda sick and have been going around with doctors... for medical reasons... lately. Just in case.
Oh, that sucks; I hope you feel better soon!

Quote:
I'm guessing it's a "then" there. Also, kudos for the Nidorinos. I love Nidos, and I think they don't get enough love. Not even from the friggin games what with the infertility 'glitch'... OK I'm done ranting...
Yeah, I quite like Nidos too. Not only do they evolve into the awesome Nidoking / Nidoqueen, but they can learn so many moves! And yeah, that stupid glitch can be annoying, especially when I want to breed my Nidoqueen. <_<

Quote:
Also we finally get the Ekans Kid's name, but for some reason I can't really care. He's still that Ekans Kid from he hill who runs away as soon as the battle turns a bit strange on him.
Heh, I agree. I also still refer to him as the ‘Ekans Kid’, even if I’ve now revealed his name.

Quote:
One thing from the game mechanics I would have liked to see there was Ekans Kid giving half of his money to Leah for all these battles. I mean come on he's essentially battling her just out of lust to tire and annoy her and he's forfeiting all battles at the first scare!
Leah would love it if that happened, but the Ekans Kid would run away faster than he usually does. You know, I completely forgot that trainers hand over money to the winner and I would have liked to put that in somewhere. *le sigh*

Quote:
...And now he's leaving? Leah's best and only form of diversion sans kicking Sands off from a hilltop has gone off to lands unknown... now maybe she's gonna take her Mentor work seriously.
Yeah, Leah’s going to have to find a new friend hobby. Of course, being a kind-hearted Mentor is probably not going to be one of them.

Quote:
Cue my childhood
Same here! I remember when I was little, I used to look up from my Gameboy Color and from the backseat of the car, ask, “Muuuum, are we there yet?” My parents were thankful that I eventually learned what patience meant and everyone lived happily ever after!

Quote:
Don't know you adults but that kinda sounded so wrong to me... Did you meant available instead? I guess no. I'm a bit dirty these days...
Now after looking at it, I can see what you mean. Wow, I didn’t spot that! Maybe I’m not as perverted as I thought I was! :D

Quote:
I hope to see more of this work since it's one of the few I am reading right now. I'll try and be reviewing every third or fifth chapter, that means next month most surely but don't despair, I'll keep reading this interesting love story!
Heh, okay, I’ll be looked forward to your monthly-ish reviews! Thanks for reviewing!

Quote:
Hullo! Was everyone on vacation or something last week? I found the lack of reviews very peculiar.
Hi, delongbi! I hope your vacation was good! And yeah, sometimes everyone just decides not to review one week. It happens. *shrugs*

Quote:
Ditto was an interesting addition to Ed's team. Can Ditto transform into any person/thing/Pokemon, or just Pokemon, or some variation?
Ditto is rather low-leveled so only Pokemon right now. Maybe it will be able to transform into objects later.

Quote:
The first time I read that, I thought pregnant? Then I reread it and realized the obvious meaning...
Haha! I see what you mean! And isn’t that a weird mental image.

Quote:
Well, I am positive we have not seen the last of Danny. My theories about him are a) he is a psychic or is just particularly sympathetic of his Pokemon's feelings b) something is wrong with his Pokemon so if they get hurt too much, they blow up or something c) he's just a weird kid. Whatever the case, I'm sure he'll turn up somewhere.

I am sad that we'll be leaving William soon. For a while, I thought he might come along with the group, but now I'm convinced otherwise (but still hopeful). Leah needs someone to put her in her place sometimes.

I think Ed is going to win the battle (they've spent way too much time in Fuchsia already), but use his Ditto incorrectly, and I think they'll be going to Celadon next.
Heh, interesting theories you’ve got there, though I won’t say anything to any of them. However, I will confirm that the Ekans Kid will return eventually.

Quote:
And those are all of my predictions, for now. Keep up the good work!
Thanks!
Old August 14th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Dagzar
The Dreamer

Mentor
Chapter 22: Decisions
-

“Congratulations,” William said as Ally climbed onto the bleaches, taking a seat next to the older boy.

Her face tinted a pale pink. “T- Thanks.”

Leah gave no comment, instead watching with a bored expression as Ed took a step into the trainer box, already having a Pokeball in hand. He looked determined to win, not betraying an ounce of nervousness. His confidence was probably boosted by Ally’s win, and really, whose wouldn’t be? If Koga could be beaten by an uncontrollable Voltorb, what was there to be afraid of?

“I hope Ed wins,” Ally said.

“He will,” William assured her. “As long as he remembers what I taught him and doesn’t get reckless, I don’t think he’ll have much of a problem.”

“Reckless?” Leah snorted. “He’s already chosen his Pokemon.”

William had nothing to say to that and could only hope that Ed wouldn’t do something stupid.

-

“This is a gym battle between Gym Leader Koga and Ed Williams,” Janine announced, this time having gotten Ed’s name beforehand. “It’ll be one-on-one, no time limit.” She paused, looking at both of them before raising her flags. “Okay, let the battle begin!”

Ed grinned and gripped his Pokeball tighter, like he was trying to keep from throwing it. William told him to wait for Koga to make the choice first, because Ed had to know if he could use Coralie or not, but… Suddenly throwing his Pokeball, Ed released Coralie in a flash of light.

Having been studying for days, Ed was really confident that he was going to win! He trusted Coralie, so there was no reason to wait.

Studying the Ditto from the other trainer box, Koga made his choice, throwing his own Pokeball out into the field. “Venonat, Confusion. Don’t let it move.”

The new Pokemon didn’t look very bug-like except for a few features. Its two white antennae twitched and it immediately stared right at the Ditto with large pink eyes. It had a fluffy purple body, one that was rather rounded and had two small feet and arms. Two visible white fangs came from its mouth and all in all, it looked rather cute. However, its actions didn’t match up to its appearance as the Pokemon showed why you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.

Venonat glowed blue and it made a small nattering sound as hardy visible blue rings immerged from its mouth. Before Ed could even issue a command, the blue rings passed right over his Pokemon with no trouble at all.

“Coralie,” Ed said, frowning slightly. He flexed his hand, feeling the odd numb tingle within it. Shaking his head, he just went right to it.

“Transform into Venonat!”

However, Coralie wasn’t feeling as well as Ed. The Pokemon had stopped its constant jiggling and now wasn’t moving at all, like it was completely frozen in time.

“Coralie?” Ed asked, worried. He knew what Disable did, but he didn’t know when it wore off.

Koga watched the battle impassionedly. “Venonat, Supersonic.”

More nattering filled the air, but this time, it was much more high-pitched and annoying. The sounds overlapped until it was just a constant buzz of noise. Ed covered his ears and winced; watching as yellow hoops emerged from Venonat’s mouth and homed in on Coralie.

By then, the Disable had worn off, but maybe it was best if the Pokemon was still frozen. Purple goo started to drip from the end of Coralie’s arms as the Ditto tried to hold its regular form together, though it was all in vain.

“Transform!” Ed shouted, now really getting panicked. This wasn’t how this battle was supposed to go!

Coralie tried, but it was very confused. It reared up, forming clumps of purple fur, and a single white antenna stuck up, but they quickly melted back into it. Again, the Pokemon tried to transform, but this time it was even worse, not even getting off a paw before losing it.

Koga didn’t stop in his relentless assault. “Confusion.”

Venonat’s eyes turned from pink to blue as they glowed brightly. A blue aura surrounded it, one that was paralleled by one around Coralie. For a moment, nothing happened, but in the next, the Ditto was suddenly picked up and thrown backwards, leaving behind a trail of liquid. The normal-type landed near Ed’s feet, purple slime spreading along the floor.

Ed knelt down, not touching the Pokemon. “Coralie? Coralie?

The Ditto slowly got up, pulling herself together. It sat there, dazed, until it suddenly lost form again.

“C- Coralie!”

Then, Coralie got back up, purple fur appearing around its now spherical form. It stood on stubby legs and two white antennae poked out of its skull. With the pink bug-like eyes, it could no longer be told apart from its opponent.

Ed grinned. Things were finally going his way. “Good job!” he said as he got back to his feet. “Now, Supersonic right back!”

The Not-Venonat shrieked, making small yellow rings rush over to Venonat with a wave of sound. There was no way to dodge, so Venonat just stood its ground and let the attack pass by, its antennas hugged to its head. Koga stood behind his Pokemon, his arms crossed, though the line of his mouth thinned at the chatter.

“Confusion,” Koga ordered coldly.

His Venonat stood still before the familiar blue aura once again surrounded the Pokemon. The poison-type’s eyes went blue and Ed’s own Pokemon stepped back nervously, already being well acquainted with the attack a few minutes earlier. However, there was no cause for alarm. The blue aura didn’t overtake the Not-Venonat and instead faded from Koga’s Pokemon.

Venonat looked around in confusion, both at its opponent and its trainer. It stumbled forwards, as if it forgot all its instincts and training.

It was the chance Ed was waiting for. It was time to take the advantage!

“Coralie!” Ed exclaimed. “Confusion!”

This time, it was Coralie who the blue aura appeared over first and the Venonat who was incased second. The Not-Venonat raised its tiny paws and, like it didn’t quite know what it was doing, made a rather random swing of its paw. This had an effect, though not the one Ed had hoped for. Venonat was shoved lightly, having to take only a few steps back to regain its balance.

Venonat nattered again, shaking its head and seemingly breaking its confusion.

Koga stepped in again. “Venonat, Leech Life.”

“Confusion!” Ed yelled, not willing to let ago of his slight advantage. He tried to remember more of Venonat’s attacks, but they slipped from his mind like water. The only attacks Ed did know Venonat knew were Confusion, Supersonic, Disable and Leech Life! Well, and Tackle, but what Pokemon didn’t know that?

The real Venonat came darting forwards at a much faster pace than what Ed assumed a bug could make. Coralie’s eyes glowed blue and it tried to stop Venonat, but its inexperience caused it to fail, hardly slowing the rival Pokemon down. Venonat pounced on Coralie like a cat and they fell to the ground in a mass of purple fuzz and feet. The Not-Venonat kicked out, but it was all for naught as Venonat’s fangs seemed to gleam before it bit down onto Coralie’s flesh with all the strength it could muster. Coralie screeched and kicked out again, its eyes glowing blue as it tried to mentally push the Pokemon away. Venonat flinched as it was jerked to the side and was forced to let go.

“Leech Life!” Ed yelled, refusing to give up. “Leech Life, Leech Life, Leech Life!”

Coralie got up, its antennas quivering and showing that its fur on its side was matted with blood. Before its opponent could get its bearings, it was Coralie who pounced and bit into Venonat.

“Confusion!” Koga said.

Ed’s eyes narrowed. “Confusion too! Don’t let it do anything!”

A blue aura surrounded both Pokemon, this time much brighter than before. The Pokemon kept wrestling, one trying to get away, and the other trying to hold it back while using only its fangs. Venonat shrieked and Coralie flinched as if it had been hit.

Suddenly, both Pokemon were thrown back, Coralie’s fangs forcibly being pulled out of Venonat’s flesh and ripping out a chunk of its fur along with it.

“Confusion!” Ed said again and repeated in urgency. “Confusion! Pound it!”

Venonat was getting up, just as hurt as Coralie, when a sudden force hit the Pokemon like an anvil from above. The poison-type fell again, and this time, didn’t get up.

There was silence at both ends of the field as Janine walked over, avoiding the drops of blood and fur. She leaned over Venonat and when she saw that it wasn’t going to get up any time soon she raised her green flag.

“Venonat is unable to battle!” she said. “Ditto wins! Victory goes to Ed Williams!”

Ed stood still for a moment until the realization of his victory crept up on him. A grin stole his face and his eyes lit up as he could hardly contain his excitement. He practically skipped his way over to Coralie, who had resumed its pink-ish purple and gooey form.

“We did it, Coralie!” he exclaimed, picking his Pokemon up as best he could and trying not to let a bit of his Pokemon slide down his arms. He looked up as Koga approached him.

“Another good battle!” Janine stretched, smiling.

“Indeed,” Koga admitted with a straight face, handing over the same badge he gave Ally.

“Good job, Ed,” Ally said with a blush, coming over to him with everyone else.

“Knew you could do it,” William said proudly, rustling his brother’s hair.

Ed’s face positively glowed.

Leah said nothing; too busy watching the look Mr. Williams gave Koga.

“Nice work,” Mr. William said, averting his eyes from the gym leader for a moment. “Hey, why don’t you kids go wait in the car. I need to talk to the gym leader for a moment.”

Koga raised an eyebrow as the father handed over the keys to William.

No one questioned it and the group walked out of the arena, Leah turning for a moment to give one last glance to Mr. William, before the door closed behind her with an ominous bang.

-

The ride home was anything but silent.

“That was so fun!” Ed exclaimed, looking at his two badges. “Now I have two badges! Hey, Will, why is the Soul Badge heart-shaped?”

William had no clue as he didn’t really think about badges anymore, so he only shrugged and watched as Ed just continued talking without delay.

“I can’t wait until we challenge a gym leader again! Oh, oh! In Celadon City, Erika uses grass-types, right? I wonder what Pokemon she’ll use.”

Leah screwed her eyes shut and just wished that she was sitting in the front and William was sitting in the back instead. He knew how to deal with his brother, she didn’t, especially when his mouth was moving a mile a minute. Seriously, when was he just going to shut up?

Stealing a glance towards the front, she couldn’t help but notice that Mr. Williams had been pretty silent throughout the ride home, his mouth firmly in a thin line. Whatever Koga had said to him couldn’t have been good because he refused all attempts by William to get a conversation going.

Okay, Leah said to herself, it looked like she might be in the clear. Ed, unknowingly, was celebrating his last victory and Mr. Williams silence loomed over the car with only her and William noticing. Once Ed was gone, Ally would eventually give up and then she could go home and relax with the last month of summer ahead of her.

Leah didn’t need to worry, though that didn’t change the fact that she hoped that nothing would go wrong.

-

“Eddy!” Carla said, rushing into her brother’s room, pigtails bobbing up and down. “Can I see? Can I see?”

Ed laughed and showed her his newly earned badge.

She ooh-ed and awed. “It’s a pink heart! It’s so pretty.”

Only looking at Ed’s face could anyone tell that he disagreed with that statement, but he kept his silence.

Leah wasn’t paying attention, having her eyes closed and head leaning against the wall next to the door. She was trying to listen to the noises outside the room because when they got home, Mr. Williams had called his wife into the kitchen and now they were presumably discussing the gym battle. Ed was oblivious that a life changing event could be going on, though Ally looked like she knew something as she kept playing with those stupid frills on her shirt.

“Hi!” a bright voice exclaimed right in Leah’s ear. The teen jumped, immediately opening her eyes to gaze into Carla’s, who started at her. It was quite a surprise since Carla usually didn’t bug her, apparently intimidated by Leah’s… well, everything.

“What?” Leah answered, having no clue at what to do. In the corner of her eye, she spotted Ally suppressing a smile and Ed grinning at her.

Brats.

“Where’s your Pokemon?” Carla asked. “I’ve seen Eddy’s and Ally’s a lot, but not yours.”

Carla had seen Leah’s Sandshrew before, but thankfully, she was usually distracted by Amber before she could start poking and prodding Sands.

“He’s in his Pokeball,” Leah replied.

Go away, go away…

Carla pouted and clasped her hands in front of her. “Can I see him? Pretty please with a cherry on top?”

Being a five year old, Carla could pull off the adorable pleading look pretty well and somehow, Leah found herself taking out Sands’ Pokeball and enlarging it.

“Yay!” Carla clapped her hands and leaned forward, tracing the bit of tape on the ball’s top that held the very faded Bulbasaur sticker. “Why’s there a sticker?”

Leah frowned. “Because.”

“Because why?” the little girl asked.

“Because, because.”

“Because, because why?”

Leah took a deep breath. “Because I like the sticker,” she said coldly, putting an end to the argument. Of course, her reply was a complete lie. The only reason the sticker was still present was because she just happened to be too lazy to peel it off. That and the paint on the Pokeball might peel off as well.

That seemed to do the trick as Carla dropped the argument, though unfortunately, she didn’t go away.

“I want to see him now,” Carla demanded with pouty lips.

Leah grumbled to herself, but released Sands anyways, letting the ground-type appear before her.

Carla gasped and dropped down to all fours to stare the Sandshrew right in his eyes. Sands leaned back as she got closer, not entirely comfortable of the wide-eyed creature in front of him. The little girl didn’t hesitate to run her hand over Sands’ head and play with his ears.

“He’s so cute!” Carla cooed. “I wanna Pokemon!”

Ed jumped off his bed to sit beside Carla and across from Leah. Then there was a pause before Ally joined him and sat in front of the door, completing the circle around Sands. Now, Sands was surrounded and had no way out.

Leah ignored the pleading look from her Pokemon and just watched with a small smirk as Carla manhandled the Sandshrew until he was half-sitting on her lap.

“What’s his name?” Carla asked.

“Sands,” Leah replied shortly, now knowing that she wasn’t going to be left alone anytime soon.

“Sands is cute!” Carla repeated and looked at her. “Where’s your other Pokemon?”

“I don’t have any.”

Carla blinked, confused. “Why?”

Ed jumped in. “She doesn’t want any others.”

“What Pokemon do you like, Carla?” Ally asked, also joining in on the conversation.

Leah noticed Ed’s smile twitched and suddenly got a bad feeling…

“Arcanine!” Carla chirped, smiling widely. “I really like Arcanine because they’re strong and big!” She let go of Sands momentarily to demonstrate with her arms on how big Arcanine were. “They can run fast and make fire and they’re so pretty-”

“What other Pokemon do you like?” Ed cut in.

Carla started to list all the Pokemon she liked and the reason why. “Butterfree because they can fly and are pretty, Pikachu because they’re really cute, Meowth because they’re cats and cat are cute! Oh! Did you know there’s a Meowth that can talk? On TV, there’s one and he has a really funny voice!”

Suddenly, she was interrupted by the door, which opened a bit before bumping into Ally.

“Oh, sorry,” Mr. William apologized to Ally, who did the same before getting out of the way so that he could open the door further. “Ed, your mother and I want to talk to you. Can you come into the living room, please?”

There was sudden hush as everyone quieted down and Ed swallowed before getting up, and followed his father out the door. After he left, Leah reached over and closed the door again, no longer wanting to eavesdrop.

“Is Daddy angry at Eddy?” Carla asked, breaking the silence.

“N- No,” Ally replied, her stutter making a return. “They’re just talking.”

“Ed might not be going back on his journey,” Leah said, explaining the basic situation.

Carla quieted for a moment, petting Sands, before asking, “But why?”

That was something Ally couldn’t explain well. “I- I don’t know.”

“But why?”

“Look,” Leah said, gaining Carla’s attention. “Ed got hurt and your parents don’t want him being hurt again. That’s it.”

“But- But why?”

Leah felt her annoyance rising. She just answered that question!

“D- Do you think he’ll still get to go?” Ally directed at Leah. “They won’t actually keep him from going, will they…?

Honestly, at that point, Leah wasn’t quite so sure. Beforehand, she was pretty sure since Mr. Williams didn’t look very happy when he saw those forms that he had to sign, but now that she had thought about it some more, it could go either way.

“You know those forms we had to sign at Cinnabar Island?” Leah said, not answering the question. She waited for Ally’s hesitant nod before continuing, “Well, Ed’s Dad signed them instead of me and you remember what they said, right?”

“B- But-” Ally tried to grasp onto words. “Those forms were only just in case! Just in case something happened.”

“The forms are new though,” Leah countered. “William had never seen them and even I never heard of them before Cinnabar. I may not be a trainer, but I would think that I’d still hear something about it. Besides, gym leaders wouldn’t just randomly get people to sign forms, there would have to be a reason to make them do that.” Leah shared her theory. “Someone must have been killed or something and the gym leader got sued, so now the forms are there to keep it from happening again.”

Ally went quiet and after a moment, said, “P- People get hurt all the time, no matter what they’re doing. W- Why is Pokemon training different?”

Feeling surprised, Leah didn’t really expect that kind of comment from a ten-year-old, but either way, she had an answer.

“Did you know,” she started, “why the Mentor Program was introduced? It was because a bunch of rookie trainers got killed in Viridian Forest. You know how in cartoons and stories, Beedrill always chase the ‘young heroes’ in Viridian Forest? Well, it actually happened in real life and instead of getting away, they got poisoned and died.”

“W- What does that have to do with anything?”

“Trainers go looking for trouble,” Leah said. “They look for more and more dangerous Pokemon to capture and train, go out to the ends of the earth just to capture this one Pokemon that probably doesn’t even exist. Some people, when training out in the bush, just disappear and don’t come back.”

Suddenly, a loud voice penetrated their conversation from outside the room.

“But why?!”

Other voices could be heard, but the first drowned them out with more shouting. Finally, stomps echoed from the hallway and got louder as the person go closer to the door. Ally moved back a bit as the door was shoved open and Ed stormed into the room. His face was red and he looked like he was about to cry. It didn’t look like he knew what to do for a moment, but then he took one glance at his sister, still sitting quietly on the floor, and said, “Get out!”

Carla looked up at him and just burst into tears at his harsh tone. She let go of Sands and rushed out of the room, yelling, “Mummy! Eddy’s being mean to me!”

Ed slammed the door behind her and then locked it, making Leah wonder what parent would put a lock on their children’s door just so that they could be locked out.

“Ed!” Mrs. Williams said from the other side of the door, knocking on it. “We only want what’s best for you-”

Crossing his arms, Ed wasn’t having any of it. “Go away!” he screamed.

“Ed-”

I hate you!” he yelled and repeated, “Go away!”

There was pause before footsteps were heard walking away from the door. As soon as Ed couldn’t hear them anymore, he started sniffing as he tried to stop himself from crying.

“Guess you’re not coming then,” Leah said casually.

That was all he could take as Ed just started to cry, not caring that Leah and Ally were still in the room, watching him. He went over to his bed and lay down, muffling the sniffles with his pillow.

Ally didn’t know what to say, so just moved herself to sit closer to Leah until their shoulders were touching.

“B- But,” the girl tried to start before getting a bit teary eyed herself. “W- We were supposed to do it together.”

So, Leah just sat there with her arms crossed, her body tense, and tried to encourage herself to leave the room and leave the brats to their crying session. She couldn’t even handle one crying brat, but two? That was way over the limit.

“It isn’t fair!” Ed said into his pillow between tears, his voice hoarse. “I want to go!”

Leah would have liked to reply: “Life’s not fair; get over it.” But she didn’t feel it was a good idea.

It was nearly five minutes later when Ed started to calm down. He unveiled his face from his pillow and got up, wiping away tears with his arm like he didn’t want anyone that came in the door know that he was crying. However, that did nothing to get rid of the thin wet lines on his face that marked where the tears had slid down. He looked up to see Leah watching him and Ally looking down at her hands.

“It isn’t fair,” he repeated, his voice cracking. His sadness turned to anger as he made his opinion known. “It isn’t fair! I’m going to go on my journey! I will!”

“And how are you going to do that?” Leah asked, raising an eyebrow.

Ed sniffled and glanced around his room, like he was trying to burn it into his memory. Finally, he looked back at Leah with a determined expression, one that said that nothing would get in his way.

“I’m gonna run away.”

-

A/N: Wow, this was a rather short chapter. Anyways, Fuchsia City is finally wrapping up (finally) and I don’t mind telling you guys that there’s one more chapter to go in this particular city, which will be good news to the people who are getting tired of it (I know I am!).
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:38 PM
delongbi
I C U

Hello! I don't really feel like seperating comments from grammar issues so its all a jumble today! Much like my room...

Quote:
“Congratulations,” William said as Ally climbed onto the bleaches, taking a seat next to the older boy.
Ooh, first line mistake. =P I think you meant bleachers. Bleach would be rather uncomfortable to climb onto.

Quote:
No one questioned it and the group walked out of the arena, Leah turning for a moment to give one last glance to Mr. William, before the door closed behind her with an ominous bang.
I think you meant Mr. Williams (with an s). Also, I wonder what's up with him? Maybe he paid Koga or something to lose... The battle between the Venonat and the Ditto seemed a bit unbelievable. It seems unlikely for Ed to win when he: a) has had Ditto for only a day b) the Ditto was so beat up before it even got to attack.

Quote:
He knew how to deal with his brother, she didn’t, especially when his mouth was moving a mile a minute.
You need to add a "but" or an "and" before "she didn't"

Quote:
Mr. Williams silence loomed
Should be "Mr. William's"

I liked this chapter- definitely surprising! I take it back about Mr. William's paying off Koga; I guess he was speaking about the forms. I still think it was a little unlikely that Ed won the battle. I was not expecting Ed's parents to actually tell him he was not allowed to continue on as a trainer... I wonder how it will all turn out. It would be interesting to see Ally and Leah together without Ed, but I just cannot imagine you writing it that way. You've built up Ed's character too much to just drop him off the face of the earth (or wherever Pokemon are... you get the point).

Overall, this was a solid chapter. I think you were more concise in this chapter than other chapters. Nice job, and keep up the good writing!

Old August 19th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Dagzar
The Dreamer

Thanks for reviewing, delongbi! :D

Quote:
Ooh, first line mistake. =P I think you meant bleachers. Bleach would be rather uncomfortable to climb onto.
*winces* I’ll fix it right away.

Quote:
I think you meant Mr. Williams (with an s). Also, I wonder what's up with him? Maybe he paid Koga or something to lose... The battle between the Venonat and the Ditto seemed a bit unbelievable. It seems unlikely for Ed to win when he: a) has had Ditto for only a day b) the Ditto was so beat up before it even got to attack.
Yeah, I see your point. The gym battle was a bit of a copout. I’ll see to it that the next gym battle is a bit more believable. Though, just a small correction, Ed had Ditto for about a few days already, not a single one.

Quote:
It would be interesting to see Ally and Leah together without Ed, but I just cannot imagine you writing it that way. You've built up Ed's character too much to just drop him off the face of the earth (or wherever Pokemon are... you get the point).
Heh, yeah. A Leah and Ally only adventure would probably be pretty awkward without Ed to break the silence. And we’ll see if Ed gets temporarily left behind or not.

-
By the way, and this is directed to everyone in general, there will not be a new chapter this week because I’ve been really busy and haven’t had much time to write. Also, though I’m not quite sure at this point, there might not be an update next week either since I’m going to be out of town for a few days. Sorry!
Old August 22nd, 2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagzar View Post
“Guess you’re not coming then,” Leah said casually.
Leah can be a real bastard sometimes XD But always in an incredibly amusing way

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links