The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Manga/Comics

Notices

Pokémon Manga/Comics Here you can talk about the manga (comics), discuss your favs, etc.

Advertise here

Old January 28th, 2009, 11:43 PM
mercury_star
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
phewwww, finally, I reach 15 post, so now I can share this theory with you all
Uhm, it's about Sird (thanks to Maxim to told me about Sird's name). In chap 302, Sird show us a pkball and said that she wanted to caught Deoxys. But, why does you all always think that is empty ball. I mean, if we want to caught a pkm, we must throw a pkball to it, right? But Sird actually didn't throw it, she just opened it, it make me think, that pkball is a ball with a pokemon inside. Sird release it to beat Deoxys and caught Deoxys for her. That also is the reason why Mewtwo jump into the strange light, it want to beat that pkm.
What do you think guy?

I have one more think to share with you:
This scene:

and this scene:

They look very like, doesn't they? So, what if that pkm is Celebi?
Or even, Deoxys entity 1. You know, it was Sird who said TR destroyed Doxys entity 1, but she should be lying.
And I think Sird or Storc both corrects, but if you want I'll use Chuang Yi's name Sird

Last edited by mercury_star; January 29th, 2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old January 29th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

The name "Sird" is not from "Mangafox version". It's from official Chuang Yi Translation.

SEREBII.NET USES WRONG NAMES!

The only CORRECT English name is Sird. AND USE IT!

Neither of the names make much sense but Sird is at least correct.
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Old January 29th, 2009, 09:41 AM
porygandrew
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
Neither of the names make much sense but Sird is at least correct.
I thought the reasoning behind "Storc" was because the "Beast Warrior Trio" name connection - which gets/got lost in the Chuang Yi "unofficial official" version.

If Sird did say that Deoxys was destroyed and was the only one to witness it, it is indeed possible that she still has the Deoxys, which could come in play later on in Veilstone.
Wasn't Deoxys' transformation based on radiation from each of the regions? So then does that mean the meteorites in Veilstone have the same radiation signature as Hoenn/Kanto?
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Wallace Berlitz
I'm back for lucks and givin'

Send a message via ICQ to Wallace Berlitz Send a message via AIM to Wallace Berlitz Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wallace Berlitz Send a message via Yahoo to Wallace Berlitz Send a message via Skype™ to Wallace Berlitz
Hmmm~ Good job, mercury. You found a special point that we did not notice. Yes, Sird's and Ruby's style of using Pokemon is quite similar. It will be impossible that Sird has a Celebi. Celebi already appeared in 2 series. It may be Deoxys 2. Since Silver can see it. Red, Green, Blue and Yellow are froze and they dont have self-feelings while Silver has it. Silver said he still can hear (or see) when he cannot move (a.k.a froze into statue.) Silver might know. But he didnt mention in v29.

About Sird's name, Sird is an official name of Chuang Yi's translation. Storc is the fan-name given by Coronis. But I prefer call her Sird. "Storc" sounds weird =S And I think Berlitz this name is also a fan-translated name.

Anyone is WELCOMED to Battle, Trade or be a Partner! [/FONT][/sig-reason]
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by porygandrew View Post
I thought the reasoning behind "Storc" was because the "Beast Warrior Trio" name connection - which gets/got lost in the Chuang Yi "unofficial official" version.
No. "Storc" has NEVER been an official name. It's a fanname given by Coronis. CY didn't "lose" anything (you probably thought about Magma and Aqua admins, their names were indeed lost [except Mack and Amber, those never had REAL US names])

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
And I think Berlitz this name is also a fan-translated name.
No. It's not. Berlitz is her real surname from Japanese version.
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:04 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Wait, so Entity Two didn't flee towards the Sinnoh region, but was caught by Sird? Very interesting...I wonder what this has to do with everything else, and Sird's possible relation to Team Galactic...
Old January 29th, 2009, 09:29 PM
goldwave9
Arcross Blaze

I don't think it's entity one, it's probably a IV gen. pokemon
But um, have you noticed how sird disappeared and cracked the ice cuffs
It's kind of like how archie disappeared at the end of Emerald
She's probably working with Galactic to find out info about Rocket or something

but what ever became of Giovanni and Carr???
Old January 30th, 2009, 08:18 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Entity One was "disposed", which may be assumed that it's lingering around Sinnoh/Fiore. I believe we saw it in the first Ranger comic. I'd love to see this get linked up one day.

Sird's backstory is very telling. I'd really want to know more about her association, if any, with Galactic.

I don't remember about Giovanni, but Carr died when the ship crashed.
Old January 31st, 2009, 11:33 AM
Mika555
Trainer

I really do not know what happen to Giovanni. That was a major plot hole on the writers plot. What was the reason they left out what happen to Giovanni? Was they try to figure out whether to reveal what happen to Giovanni or not if so it should not have take a longtime to think about that. Carr's page Bulbapedia did not say anything about Carr dying it just say that Orm died. I am not sure if it is correct or not. I also wonder what is Sird's possible relationship to Team Galatic?

Last edited by Mika555; January 31st, 2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old January 31st, 2009, 12:26 PM
OokamiShipper
Scyther

Nature: Adamant
Even though Sird.Storc fails to capture Deoxys she states...
"Deoxys has escaped, but it seems like I've reaped something of equal value in return...Well done indeed and goodbye forever...my dear Pokedex Holders."
Then what happens to her, I have no idea, I thought she was shattered by Lorelei, because she had the ice handcuffs.
I have no idea what she ment by "something of equal value"...was it the fact the 5 dex holders were turned into stone? Or that she captured Mewtwo? Cuz he was nowhere to be seen after her pokeball did that thingy...
And..what did happen to Giovanni?
Silver had his Ursaring carry him to his hideout...was he left there for 2 whole months? O-O
Old January 31st, 2009, 02:05 PM
goldwave9
Arcross Blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OokamiShipper View Post
I have no idea what she ment by "something of equal value"...was it the fact the 5 dex holders were turned into stone? Or that she captured Mewtwo? Cuz he was nowhere to be seen after her pokeball did that thingy...
O-O
maybe she captured mewtwo

Carr escaped on his skarmory
Old January 31st, 2009, 03:33 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Don't worry, I've seen this before in literature where there are unanswered gaps like these, but it will be answered, or it is assumed already.
Old January 31st, 2009, 03:54 PM
OokamiShipper
Scyther

Nature: Adamant
Yeah, guess the same thing goes for Ruby's behavior with Sapphire.
Did they have to hold back the last few volumes for so long?
I'm not very patient, it's rather frustruating for me. xD
Shoot, volume 29 was pretty disappointing, no shippy hints. Wasted a nice shippy scene for Red and Yellow. xD
Is Storc.Sird still alive? That's my question.
Old January 31st, 2009, 04:51 PM
pikaangel
Beginning Trainer

I think she will be the main antagonist when the other dex holders come to Sinnoh

july6 made this
Old February 1st, 2009, 02:14 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OookamiShipper
Is Storc.Sird still alive? That's my question.
Yes, she is still alive. I didn't like how FR/LG ended in that way though.
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:44 PM
TheViolentTomboy
I'll hit you with this thing

Hm, I personally prefer Coronis's system of naming, mostly because he really thinks things through in choosing names and Chuang Yi has made a quite a few mistakes in translation, renamed characters that already had official English names, and picks names based on sound alone rather than meaning.

But that aside, I think Mewtwo was captured. Disappeared after that whole fiasco, probably got sucked into that Pokeball instead of Deoxys, and now its likely getting dissected by Team Galactic, seeing how there's strong evidence that Storc/Sird works for them. Poor guy. Whole Battle Frontier incident, hard to focus on anything except the giant sea monster, but now that things have calmed down a but, I'm sure at least Red and Yellow are wondering what happened to Mewtwo. Bet it'll show up again soon in the DPPl saga.
Old February 10th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViolentTomboy View Post
Hm, I personally prefer Coronis's system of naming, mostly because he really thinks things through in choosing names and Chuang Yi has made a quite a few mistakes in translation, renamed characters that already had official English names, and picks names based on sound alone rather than meaning.
I don't get why "Storc, Oca and Jagura" are better than "Sird, Orm and Carr". Both those option are equally dumb. So, I use official ones because they're official.

I also don't use Chuang Yi names for characters which they renamed (hence, I prefer Courtney to Marge, Wanda to Wallene etc.) but when the character doesn't have an official English name, then I use Chuang Yi names.

Come on, no one would use Coronis's names if he didn't use them on Serebii.net and act like they were official.
Old February 21st, 2009, 09:08 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
I don't get why "Storc, Oca and Jagura" are better than "Sird, Orm and Carr". Both those option are equally dumb. So, I use official ones because they're official.

I also don't use Chuang Yi names for characters which they renamed (hence, I prefer Courtney to Marge, Wanda to Wallene etc.) but when the character doesn't have an official English name, then I use Chuang Yi names.

Come on, no one would use Coronis's names if he didn't use them on Serebii.net and act like they were official.
Hi there! Most of this is opinionated, so you don't have to believe me.

The names Coronis uses are, I think, representing animals, hence the name "Beast Warrior Trio". I'm not sure if those are the "official" names, considering it's different in both English and Japanese.

Carr: He's alive but I think Orm was killed when he lost his grip while the ship was flying. Giovanni is (hopefully) still alive, but considering he was left alone for two months, it's left open for discussion.

Sird is still alive. She escaped and supposedly captured Mewtwo (unsure on that). Silver might know something about it, but he doesn't say so in the manga.

Old February 21st, 2009, 01:03 PM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterfell View Post
Hi there! Most of this is opinionated, so you don't have to believe me.

The names Coronis uses are, I think, representing animals, hence the name "Beast Warrior Trio". I'm not sure if those are the "official" names, considering it's different in both English and Japanese.
Based on animals - Maybe. Official - No!

Sird, Orm and Carr are the only official English names for these characters.
Old February 21st, 2009, 03:44 PM
Fuyu
Battle!

Quote:
Based on animals - Maybe. Official - No!

Sird, Orm and Carr are the only official English names for these characters.
Ah, so no one knows the Japanese ones then?

Old February 24th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterfell View Post
Ah, so no one knows the Japanese ones then?
We do.

Their Japanese names are Saki (Sird), Ouka (Orm) and Chakura (Carr).

But we're talking about official English names, not official Japanese ones, aren't we?
Old February 24th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Fuyu
Battle!

I think we were talking about the English names.

Old March 2nd, 2009, 11:29 AM
Mr. bell
Trainer

Do you remember the book of earth? Maybe Sird got it after the mess, and if you remember, there are details in this book about 4th generation pokemon(like Rhyperior). So maybe there are details about Heatrun in this book, and it is the valuable thing Sird got.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here