The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Old February 1st, 2009, 06:56 PM
Deadly Arbok
Team Rocket's executive agent

This robot wasn't as much of a Transformers ripoff as the one in the B-Button league episode. Now that was a ripoff to be remembered lol.

Anyways, I liked this episode a lot. It just proves that shows like 'Biggest Loser' aren't nexessary because if you go back to the basics. You can lose 200 pounds in 50 minutes :p

i loved the fact that they used the Team Rocket song motto theme. 'The speed of light, prepare to fight one'.

I sooooo wish TR would have kept those costumes. Look a lot better than their usual uniforms.

Nice to see Yanmega again.

Would have been so much easier if they just used a car to escape instead of a carbot.

Would have been a bit more nostalgic if they just attacked the Pokemon Center full force with their balloon. And then the building can blow up.

'If you can't see south of the borderline, you're getting chunky' lol. Especially if you've seen that Family Guy episodes witht those fat guys.

That scene with TR's pokemon and Carnivine was cute for some reason.

Why can't James keep his rose.

Good, nostalgic episode we had. Can't wait for the next TR centered episode.
Old February 1st, 2009, 08:21 PM
Miss Reyna
Happiness~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Miss Reyna
Okies. This is an episode that is so going on my coolies list. Teeheehee

First I go over the bad.

Bad
Ash intrupting Team Rocket in saying the opening title screen. I just found that really strange and kinda off sync. Still I am not sure if that how it was for the Japanese version but it just sounded bad. Teeheehee

A thunderbolt? That is all to get rid of Team Rocket this time? I mean I can see that Team Rocket went back to basics in all of this but Ash couldn't destory the robot the olden way by causing it to catch on fire because the gas leaked or something? Teeheehee

Good
EVERYTHING!!! Teeheehee

Okies I found it so strange that Team Rocket got so fat but you know what? I guess that the first thing they did once leaving the acadamy is spend most of James and Meowth's money at all you can eat buffets and not working it off. Teeheeheee

The rose! The rose!!!! Did you saw the rose!!! That ever so coolies rose of James!!! IT IS BACK!!! Teeheehee and it became even more coolies. How we haven't seen it in so long. Teeheehee

Now what I found coolies was the music. Now I know everybody is all happy about Double Trouble and so am I. It just that I am going to be pointing at a specific piece that I LOVE so much. The drumroll back ground music. You know if you listen to the background music right when they are driving up to the Pokemon Center and when James is doing that monlouge of a 'Stronger Jess'. That one!!!! EVER SO COOLIES!!! I so loved it back when they used it in Is that a Ralts I Hear? and I love it hear too. Ever so coolies.

Then the first motto. Ever so coolies. I was so happy and surprise to hear that one. Background music and all. I mean I haven't heard that motto in the original form since the Orange Island. And I know people are going to say that they haven't used that motto since Johto but I am counting the background music since in Hoenn they used Team Magma and Aqua theme from the games in the Team Rocket background music. Still it was coolies to hear the old motto with the original background music. Teeheehee

Still one thing that I kinda hoping they would so was Jessie and James doing doing an R pose. If you don't know what I mean then look at Make Room for Gloom. Teeheehee That is something I will never forgot from Team Rocket.

Teeheehee They didn't make it Thunderbolt proof. Teeheehee

Still super coolies episode.

♪And live on to make others happy♪
♪Fellow HCSC: Midori Chi and Pink Tiger♪

Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
O.O I was SHOOOOOOOOCKED!!! Bringing the old theme song was BRILLIANT and Team Rocket getting a little better WAS AMAZING!!! Now this episode answers those people who say: ~Team Rocket is getting boring~
10/10 DEFINITELY I loved the episode!!!

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:48 AM
I Laugh at your Misfortune!
Normal is a synonym for boring

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
XD

Do you remember what scene it was? I'm instersted to know because I didn't really find a piece I didn't like haha.
eh, when Ash had been roped in by brock, who was trying to help Nurse joy because he's even more of a stalker than conway...

But, what was that BGM? It was...weird...

Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Mew Ichigo
Akatsuki Fan

Nature: Jolly
Sorry.

I just love the classics.

"If you don't allow yourself to cry, you will never smile."
Old February 2nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Giratina ♀
what's your sign?

And now, my list of thoughts.

Spoiler:
  • LUP! LUP! LUP! LUP!
  • Oh look, it's a bubblelup that doesn't fall apart in two minutes!
  • Theme song~
  • OH ARCEUS DID TR JUST SAY THAT TITLE?
  • Waterlup down! Waterlup down!
  • "This hill must angle straight up..." *screen zooms out* "Yeah, straight up."
  • WTF @ James' eyes. D:
  • Aww, Meowth has a sleep hat. (He has a lot of hats, doesn't he?)
  • "WE LOVE JESSALINDA LOLOL"
  • Way to see the bright side, Jessie...
  • JOY: Piplup's fine... ME: Drat!
  • DAWN: It's all my fault... ; -;
  • Isn't it odd how Brock loses his girl-obsessive behavior when the sad music is playing?
  • JAMES: Let's give it the push test! Press in lightly... GWAAH! MEOWTH: |||o _o
  • Something stupid always happens in the kiddy background... always.
  • James really does like talking poetically...
  • ...and look. The first rose we've seen from him in a while.
  • Giovanni has a Celebi? Oh dear.
  • 'Fire in her eyes' has a whole new meaning. xD
  • Stupid James eyes make their return!
  • Wobbufet? Where?
  • OMG A GLINT
  • Go away, Piplup.
  • "It's the poetry man! =D"
  • Oh, look. A Glaceon.
  • I hate Machokes... xD
  • SPARKLY CLEAN.
  • Ash is hungry again! Amazing!
  • OH SH- SHOJO BROCK!
  • Yay Croagunk.
  • Hey, look, another ro-
  • Target ta- OH ARCEUS ARE YOU SERIOUS? *squee*
  • That music was epic.
  • *throws brick at Piplup*
  • It's the motto... oh Arceus...
  • ...and Dawn kills it.
  • "And now, we're going to show you the basics of beating the pants off of ya." Best... quote... ever!
  • It is flyin'!
  • OH MY GOD THEY'RE PLAYING DOUBLE TROUBLE! Highlight of the episode, definitely.
  • *booes Piplup*
  • Heh, Brock.
HIGHLIGHT OF THE EPISODE: Double Trouble. No contest.

Awesome. AWESOME. 9/10.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 02:09 PM
jasonresno
...is your catalyst.

Nature: Quiet
I haven't sat through an entire episode of Pokemon without dawdling off in years...you guys are making me want to!
Current Game: Skyrim (360)
Old February 2nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonresno View Post
I haven't sat through an entire episode of Pokemon without dawdling off in years...you guys are making me want to!
You should! I haven't laughed at Pokemon in a while... It's a great episode(at least in my opinion). =)
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Artemis
i'm no goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura Guardian Zahra View Post
Sorry.

I just love the classics.
Well sometimes, you just gotta grow up, open up your head, and realize, "OH WAIT, it isn't 10 years ago!" Things change, and you just have to adapt to it... I love the newer episodes a ton more than the older ones, and this one was no exception to that!
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:08 PM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick_Kid View Post
Well sometimes, you just gotta grow up, open up your head, and realize, "OH WAIT, it isn't 10 years ago!" Things change, and you just have to adapt to it... I love the newer episodes a ton more than the older ones, and this one was no exception to that!
I completely agree with you. It gets annoying seeing everybody(not really everybody) complain about how much better Kanto/Jhoto was. I also get tired of the constant complaing about the voices. It's been how long since PUSA took over? Three years? You'd think they would just accept it by now. But to each his or her own....right?

Ah..I feel better now.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:30 PM
The Ebon Blade
The Fuzz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Drifblim View Post
I completely agree with you. It gets annoying seeing everybody(not really everybody) complain about how much better Kanto/Jhoto was. I also get tired of the constant complaing about the voices. It's been how long since PUSA took over? Three years? You'd think they would just accept it by now. But to each his or her own....right?

Ah..I feel better now.
Yeah I agree to, don't get me wrong, I loved the original episodes but these are just as good as they were. About the voices, the voices are fine. Initially when the voices were first changed it was a little annoying. By now though, Ash's new voice should just be Ash. Brock's new voice should just be Brock. There's no reason to complain.

Check out my FanFiction:

Mission: Find the Source of the Madness!

Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:56 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?

I agree, the voice acting much better than it was in Battle Frontier. To be honest, I really think the new Ash suits DP because Ash looks a older, and then again, the old Ash suits Ash in Kanto because he looks and acts younger and it would feel weird having the new, older sounding Ash with Ash wearing his Kanto clothes. Haha

And you've got to remember, there must be loads of new kids who started watching Pokemon from DP, so the new Ash is, and always has been, Ash. PUSA have dubbed well over 100 episodes now, which is more than Indigo League *and* Orange Islands I think, heh.
Old February 4th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Kid Sonic

At least this Nurse Joy is nice, unlike the ones from "Pokemon Emergency", "Charmander, The Stray Pokemon", "Cruisin' For A Losin", and "Cerulean Blues".

I just wish that Team Rocket would win at once at the end.

"Your worst enemy is the exact opposite of yourself, in every way." ~ Kid Sonic

Quote:
Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Then what's the point of a sig?

My Pokemon X Friend Code: 1134-7195-2831
Old February 4th, 2009, 04:56 PM
The Ebon Blade
The Fuzz...

Quote:
I agree, the voice acting much better than it was in Battle Frontier. To be honest, I really think the new Ash suits DP because Ash looks a older, and then again, the old Ash suits Ash in Kanto because he looks and acts younger and it would feel weird having the new, older sounding Ash with Ash wearing his Kanto clothes. Haha

And you've got to remember, there must be loads of new kids who started watching Pokemon from DP, so the new Ash is, and always has been, Ash. PUSA have dubbed well over 100 episodes now, which is more than Indigo League *and* Orange Islands I think, heh.
The voice is definitely better, but idk if Ash sounds older. I guess there are times when he does but then there are also time when he literally sounds like girl.

Check out my FanFiction:

Mission: Find the Source of the Madness!

Old February 5th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Shedinjareese
Undercover Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Sonic View Post
I just wish that Team Rocket would win at once at the end.
Same. Or at least Jessie, James, and Meowth, especially because of times like in this episodes where they lost mostly by coincidence. They didn't KNOW Ash and Co would be there, so their not-electric-proof folly wouldn't have mattered otherwise. I mean, I'm cool with getting the Pokeballs back eventually, but why can't Team Rocket at least send them off to Delibird first or something? Then THEY would win, but the evil-evil part of the organization wouldn't.

Old February 5th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Jmath
*blank*

Send a message via Skype™ to Jmath
Anyone know the name of the music when Team Rocket gets all fired up and pointing upwards near the beginning of the episode? I think I heard it somewhere.
Old February 5th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmath View Post
Anyone know the name of the music when Team Rocket gets all fired up and pointing upwards near the beginning of the episode? I think I heard it somewhere.
Roketto-Dan Yo Eien Ni: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47qYYEFiBB4&fmt=18

PUSA replaced the Japanese version(which had lyrics) and used an instrumental. It's an awesome song, so I'm glad they did.
Old February 5th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Jorah
What do I put here?

It first played in the episode "The Song of Jigglypuff" in Indigo League where Team Rocket make up a new song. Epic.

Was it really a song version in Japanese!? And they replaced it with an instrumental!? I hope this is a sign of things to come! Have they ever replaced lyrics with an instrumental version before? All I can think of is in "King and Queen for a Day" where Gotta Dance was in lyrics in the dub, but they changed it to instrumental afterwards for DVD and the rest of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Laugh at your Misfortune! View Post
eh, when Ash had been roped in by brock, who was trying to help Nurse joy because he's even more of a stalker than conway...

But, what was that BGM? It was...weird...
When Brock is holding his arm up it's dub music and the whole of Brock's weird fantasy is dub music

Last edited by Jorah; February 5th, 2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old February 5th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Sublime
Blimey!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sublime Send a message via Skype™ to Sublime
My first ep. rating just because this episode was made of win.

-Piplup bubble..thing was pretty
-Dawns fails at Piplup training
-Prof Oak sound more and more like Gary every appearance.
-Anything to do with TR's fat was hilarious.
-Bunneary playing with her reflection was cute.
-Croagunk playing with his reflection was funny xD
-I thought TR might succeed for once. Too bad..
-MECHA!
-DOUBLE TROUBLE!!
-NOSTALGIA!!!

Epic win episode in my book
Old February 5th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
It first played in the episode "The Song of Jigglypuff" in Indigo League where Team Rocket make up a new song. Epic.

Was it really a song version in Japanese!? And they replaced it with an instrumental!? I hope this is a sign of things to come! Have they ever replaced lyrics with an instrumental version before? All I can think of is in "King and Queen for a Day" where Gotta Dance was in lyrics in the dub, but they changed it to instrumental afterwards for DVD and the rest of the world.
Yup! They sure did. At first I thought they used a sound-alike, but then I listened and comapared both version, and was like It's the first time that they have ever done this. I hope they do it more often!
Old February 5th, 2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
When Brock is holding his arm up it's dub music and the whole of Brock's weird fantasy is dub music
sorry, I meant another bit. I may have accidentally confuzzled you

It was...let's see...Starting at 6:49

It sounded familiar and it was probably some nostalgic thing which I don't remember

Old February 6th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?

It seems Shogakukan have already been snooping around XD It's not available anymore
Old February 6th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
It seems Shogakukan have already been snooping around XD It's not available anymore
Took them long enough. I thought they would start again a long time ago.
Old February 6th, 2009, 03:59 PM

damn those copyright laws! They just ruin our fun!

Old February 7th, 2009, 03:39 AM
champ ben
Sceptile=annoyed trainers

u i never watched it no new episodes ever come out in England wtf?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links