• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pass the sprite~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
We need more pixel games. XD

So, the point of the game is simple, you edit the sprite somehow, and then pass it on to the next person, who makes another edit, and so on.

Rules:

• General Rules:
  • Follow all the forum-wide rules, and rules 2 and 5 of the pixel game rules.
  • The focus is on THE SPRITE. Not on what's around it.
  • No backgrounds. If you want to add a background, it MUST be simple, and created by you.
  • You may not simply copy/paste pre-made sprites onto the current sprite. They must be edited to some extent, or scratched.
  • Keep your edits small, please. If you want to completely edit a sprite into something else, then just make your own sprite and put it in your own showcase thread.
  • Save as PNG, preferably on a white or transparent background.
  • If your edit causes the sprite to be unable to be edited further, breaks these rules, or is irrelevant to the sprite, then your edit may be discarded.
  • Do not recolor with default MS paint colors. Actually, do not use them at all, unless it's black or white.
  • Simply recoloring is NOT allowed. If you must recolor, it should be relevant, and you should also add something else.
  • Do not undo a previous person's edit. You may modify their edit, but do not simply remove it for no good reason.
  • Do not DRAW. This is spriting, don't grab a brush or pencil tool and just draw things on.

Other Situations:
  • The sprite may only be changed to an official, non-shiny Diamond, Pearl or Platinum sprite, and only after at least 12 edits. It may only be changed by someone who has made at least 2 prior edits during the course of this thread. If you break this rule, you will be forbidden from changing the sprite again.
  • If two people post at the same time, then a third person has two options:
    - Attempt to copy the prior two edits, and merge them into a single sprite, which you may then edit how you wish.
    - Choose whichever of the two edits you think is better, and continue from there.
  • If an edit before yours breaks a rule, you are free to skip it and use the one before that. Please be certain beforehand, however, that it does break the rules.

Spoiler:

k, lets start off with..

2vkxe0w.png

This.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I started from Tropical Sunlight's, since Neo Queen Serenity's didn't follow the rules.

29le4jb.png

It got all sunny, and some grass grew. :3

Years
And neither does yours. :x

The focus is on THE SPRITE. Not on what's around it.
No backgrounds. If you want to add a background, it MUST be simple, and created by you.
Do not recolor with default MS paint colors.
Do not DRAW. This is spriting, don't grab a brush or pencil tool and just draw things on.

2.png

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
  • Do not DRAW. This is spriting, don't grab a brush or pencil tool and just draw things on.
How exactly is that not spriting?

Using the pencil tool seems perfectly valid to me.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
How do you think the people in these sections create their sprites?

They use the pencil tool to do all of that, shading, outline you name it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023

He wants people to edit the sprite. Actually draw things with shape and form. Not just slap on some strokes and call it a day, or else it'd up a mess. (Though admittedly the wording isn't 100% clear, sorry Kenji :P).
3.png

i adde d a clock of his hand
From this post, my contribution. I extended it's fangs.

zbvxf.png

I skipped your post, SethAragorn, because there was no reason to start over.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Cool!
This doesn't look like an Exploud anymore!
We can even create Fakemon this way!
4.png

I removed the nails that made him look suspicious <.<
And I re-coloured the flowers 'cause the blended into the sprite.

Kenji, can we use these sprites when they are "finished"?

Last edited:
Years

Just using the pencil tool to draw does not make the end result a sprite. It makes it a drawing done on MS Paint. If you clean up that drawing by zooming in and editing it pixel by pixel, then that would be a sprite.

Anyway...

This is poorly, somewhat sloppily recolored... but it's still a lot better than the last thread, so meh XD

Tropical Sunlight said:
Kenji, can we use these sprites when they are "finished"?
Um.. I don't know. I'm not sure how everyone would feel about having their work lumped in with others, and you'd have to end up crediting a lot of people.. I would just go with making your own, these are just for fun.

Anyway, there's probably a little bit more that could be done with this one, but it's starting to get a little cluttered, so I think it's time for a change:

29e3c4o.png

Have fun~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back