The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old February 1st, 2009, 04:21 PM
CelebiKing123

PROGRAMS NEEDED:
.SCORE_UNDER'S SCRIPT EDITOR
.A POKEMON GOLD ROM
.PATIENCE

today im going to show you all a short but powerfull tutorial on how to change the pokemon you battle (normally sudowoodo) to anything you want!
STEP 1:KNOWING THE DATA!
well first you need to know how to decompile using score_under's script editor, well first load your rom and then look for the decompile option under rom tools, then you should come up with three options, EVENT BANK,TEXT BLOCK AND TEXT BANK.
well for the event bank,open your rom in gold map and open the map route 36, then double tap the word route 36 and it come up with this screen:
Spoiler:
The event bank is in a blue box! this is located in the bottom right of the pop-up

and the other two are easy just click on events and then click on the sudowoodo event and you will see the text block and text bank in the option that comes up. then put those three bits of data into the decompiler, press convert, then decompile.
Then you should come up with a screen that looks like this:
Spoiler:
If you do NOT have something like this then you have done it wrong.

FINAL STEP: PUTTING IN THE DATA
almost done now all we need to do is put in a different number were it says "loadpokedata 0xB9 0X14" the 0xb9 is the pokemon data and the 0x14 is the level.But if you can not be bothered putting this hex data in just put the pokemons name and the level normally e.g for a level 50 tyrantitar put "loadpokedata tyranitar 50" but make sure you spell the pokemons name correctly or you end up eith a missingno.
Spoiler:
i'm going to show you mine that i did for this tutorial and its a lvl 100 celebi, but on the game you still need to have a squirt bottle to be able to attack but if your lazy and can't be bothered waiting till beating goldenrods gym, get the updated version of swamperts mart editor here:http://www.sendspace.com/file/uecu4k, when you put the squirt bottle in the shop its free aswell :D so here are the pictures of my lvl 100 celebi fight :D

Last edited by CelebiKing123; February 2nd, 2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: updating
Old February 6th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Nature: Serious
what tool are you using? Is it Hex Editor or what?
Old February 6th, 2009, 07:38 AM
bobby681
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
*Cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelebiKing123 View Post
PROGRAMS NEEDED:
.SCORE_UNDER'S SCRIPT EDITOR
.A POKEMON GOLD ROM
.PATIENCE
*Cough*

<25 characters>
Old February 6th, 2009, 08:25 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
I'd like to use this with crystal but I can't seem to find eventbanks anywhere...

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:27 PM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
I'd like to use this with crystal but I can't seem to find eventbanks anywhere...
PKSV does not correctly compile scripts for Crystal, as the game uses some new commands, inserted between the others. You can use the tool for Gold and Silver, but for now scripting in Crystal must be done in hex. (Side note: If you change the Gold #defines in the PKSV source to match Crystal’s, you could recompile the program and use it with Crystal. This shouldn’t be too difficult.)

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old February 8th, 2009, 06:30 AM
score_under
I program the *other* ASM.

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMarckus View Post
PKSV does not correctly compile scripts for Crystal, as the game uses some new commands, inserted between the others. You can use the tool for Gold and Silver, but for now scripting in Crystal must be done in hex. (Side note: If you change the Gold #defines in the PKSV source to match Crystal’s, you could recompile the program and use it with Crystal. This shouldn’t be too difficult.)
If you could point me in the right direction for the Crystal commands, I'd be happy to correct it.
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:15 PM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by score_under View Post
If you could point me in the right direction for the Crystal commands, I'd be happy to correct it.
The new commands are values 0x52 and 0x9F. This means:

Crystal’s 0x00–0x51 correspond to Gold’s 0x00–0x51
Crystal’s 0x53–0x9E correspond to Gold’s 0x52–0x9D
Crystal’s 0xA0–0xA5 correspond to Gold’s 0x9E–0xA3

I haven’t compared 0xA4–0xA5 to see if they match Gold’s 0xA2–0xA3, because offhand I can’t think of any scripts that use them. Can you?

Crystal’s 0x9F appears to have the same effect as Crystal’s 0x9E (“9D Commented give item code” in Tauwasser’s doc). I haven’t noticed any difference in output. However 0x9E definitely matches Gold’s 0x9D exactly.

From 0xA6 on there are some new scripts as well. In general they have unpredictable effects because many of them are for the Japanese mobile trade system. I doubt they are of any use—although now that I think about it there is a possibility that some may be used in the Battle Tower.

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old March 17th, 2009, 08:48 AM
CelebiKing123

hey all i was going to say sorry for not posting lately because of school work and family etc but i see nobody is interested in this so im requesting this thread to be closes so.... yh can somebody close this thread plz.

Sponsored Links