• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
greybanner.png

heading1.png

Pokémon Grey is being made in RPG Maker XP, with poccil's Pokémon Essentials.

This is your run-of-the-mill fan game, but with more flowers. Intense, I know. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to the Pokémon RPG format; I'm just adding my own touches to it. My goal is to give the places and characters you meet more depth and challenge, and yes, as I've noted, flowers.

heading2.png

You come from a small, hilly town in the south of Minenn called Periwinkle. On a starlit night, you and your best friend Amy sit by the river on Route C1 and talk things over. Amy was on orphan until Professor Hawthorn took her in. She is very unsure of herself, and always means well. She feels that leaving to pursue a journey is an insult to the woman who selflessly raised her. The next day, you and Amy meet Blaire, a stuck-up, prissy girl, who makes a very strong impression. Hawthorn asks the two of you to go to Primrose City to pick up some medicine as a favor, and allows you to adopt your first Pokémon. Upon returning from your errand, you receive some very bad news.

heading3.png

Pokémon Grey will feature a modest and sane amount of new Pokémon. XD Here are a few of the ones I've come up with so far.

[494] FLEURUSH (Meadow Pokémon)
grass.png

[497] IGNISCALE (Pitchfork Pokémon)
[500] BRELAPHANT (Spiral Trunk Pokémon)
water-1.png

[503] HAMCHU (Burrowing Pokémon)
normal-1.png
ground-1.png

[505] BLUEBRR (Bluebird Pokémon)
ice.png
flying.png

heading4.png

AllScreenshots.png

Shikoku2.png

- [Maps]
- Periwinkle Hill
- Route C1
- Primrose City

[ 5 ] Credits
- poccil for his indispensable Starter Kit!
- All the custom Pokémon, tiles, etc. are by me.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Look pretty nice. The tile looks neat.
The only problem is the fakemons.
They look really un-professional. ( No offense, just opinion. )
Maybe try looking for another fakemon spriter?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Glad to see your back working on this. I was a supporter back when your first showed it off and I still am.
Good luck as always and I'm looking forward to something playable.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Look pretty nice. The tile looks neat.
The only problem is the fakemons.
They look really un-professional. ( No offense, just opinion. )
Maybe try looking for another fakemon spriter?

Well, yeah, I know my fake Pokémon aren't the best in the world, but they're not terrible, compared to some that I've seen. I really like the new sprite I did for Bluebrr. ^.^ It looks a lot better than the original. And that's all I can really do, you know, tweak the sprites here and there and improve them as I go.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Some nice fakemons you got there, the Articub one looks cool . And the maps looks neat, they give a feeling of peace.

Atomic Reactor

are you still implementing that swimming system?
cause that would be neat-o.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
awesome. its looking great :]
are you still implementing that swimming system?
cause that would be neat-o.

Thanks! :) Yes, I am. There's a bit of swimming in the trailer. It's really pretty simple, but I still think it's kinda fun.

Atomic Reactor

oh sorry, i have dial up, so it takes forever to load videos :[
so i just never watch em.

but yeah, thats good. I thought that was a cool feature last time you presented the game :]

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
It's looking great! I've been a fan ever since you originally posted it! And your new screens and sprites are amazing, great job.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
It's looking great! I've been a fan ever since you originally posted it! And your new screens and sprites are amazing, great job.

Thanks a lot. :)

I've gotten quite a bit of the beginning "get your Pokémon, do a favor for the Professor" stuff. Route C1 is finished. I'm working on Primrose right now, just setting up lights and such. It looks really cool. From Primrose, you venture into Chiffon Woods. Carmuren has more forests than other regions. The woods lead into Route C2, which goes to Daylily City, where the first Gym is located. It specializes in Ground-types. Once I've finished all the way up to the end of the Gym, I plan to release a demo.

Also, I want to add that if I had the option I would disable this stupid thread rating system. I'm really quite tired of people trolling around and giving me a 1 star rating, just to be a jerk, because I've put a lot of hard work into this game. Well, unfortunately the demo release will be a "no trolls allowed" sort of thing. :/

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
lol

No trolls allowed...

Anyways, wasn't the story about an old man who becomes young again? Or have you scrapped that idea?

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
lol

No trolls allowed...

Anyways, wasn't the story about an old man who becomes young again? Or have you scrapped that idea?

Well, yeah. I know it's kinda dumb for me to be all offended by people 1-starring my thread, but it really does tick me off! I suppose these people think all the stuff I'm doing is really terrible, so they won't have to play the game then. They don't get to. :/

Yeah, that was one of my ideas, but I've scrapped it! I went through a number of plot changes last time, but I've reverted back to a more classic Pokémon beginning.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
I always hate to be the bearer of an opinion that seems contradictory to everything else, but nobody has mentioned it yet, so... Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to call people out for using Essentials, then make a game with it?
blueguy said:
It looks as though you really haven't done much but borrow tiles from someone else and insert them into poccil's Starter Kit.
You may not be borrowing tiles, but it looks like (from what you said) you don't support using Essentials.

Other than that, I like the fakemon: a little too cute in my opinion, but the effort is there. The swimming system is intriguing, if not a little broken. If you can swim on water instead of having to wait until the middle of the game to get surf, then how will you create obstacles for the player, if not by water? And the maps are good, but a bit on the small side. For example, Periwinkle Hill is covered up by trees...

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Hmm... Some of the fakemon look rather unprofessional. I like the ideas, but a few look a bit lacking. Anyway, other than that, great game. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back