The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Emerex
Beginning Trainer

Great idea with the "plot" and very nice graphics
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
I'd gladly help out with mapping or storyboarding if you need it, I have a copy of RMXP lying around :3
Old March 11th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Pika Storm
learning to script

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to Pika Storm
wow, this game looks amazing, I have a few things to ask about the game though, they are not bad though, so you can relax

1.) is a group of islands off a mainland island the smaller islands around the larger island of hoen? ex- sootopolis, evergrande city, southern island, or the smaller nameless islands scattered in the ocean?

2.) if the only plot is missions that you can choose at will, are there only a few that come with the game or are they updated through the internet? (if if is the first then the missions could eventually run out)

3.) not really a question, but if exotic pokemon are released into an ecosystem, as long as the numbers of the species are not disproportionate to the number and eating habits of the species already there, the ecosystem would run smoothly, it would jsut be bigger
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I think that you could explain the reason for introducing all of those new species as there being a decline in the numbers of native species, and the ones that you are bringing are to balance out the ecosystem.

Just an idea.

Good luck Ricee!

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old March 11th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika Storm View Post
wow, this game looks amazing, I have a few things to ask about the game though, they are not bad though, so you can relax

1.) is a group of islands off a mainland island the smaller islands around the larger island of hoen? ex- sootopolis, evergrande city, southern island, or the smaller nameless islands scattered in the ocean?

2.) if the only plot is missions that you can choose at will, are there only a few that come with the game or are they updated through the internet? (if if is the first then the missions could eventually run out)

3.) not really a question, but if exotic pokemon are released into an ecosystem, as long as the numbers of the species are not disproportionate to the number and eating habits of the species already there, the ecosystem would run smoothly, it would jsut be bigger
1) Yees.....I wasn't merely stating that fact though. There is a reason why i said it even if it is a long way off...

2) There will be lots of quests to begin with. I will probably try to find some way of updating as well though. But this kinda ties in with the above question. Trust me, there will be enough gameplay.

3) Yeah. I like your idea Yuaoman. Maybe I'll make a small backstory about how Hoenn was covered by a plague...yeah, this sounds goood.....

Thanks for your questions. Sorry for the lack of screenshots, but I'm working hard to try and get something to show you...
Old March 13th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Goketsu
Who's that Gokémon?

Nature: Brave
from what I've seen the graphics look awesome 8D

Credit to derozio for the Icon and Tag
Old March 18th, 2009, 12:05 PM
MegaMaccer
If a tree falls in a forest

Wow mate, very nice! The tiles look great, but I guess that whats happens when such a talented spriter sets his mind to the task ahead Keep up the good work :D

The Hero sprite and Heroine overworlds, and Torzach's own Forum!
Old March 24th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Florio
Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner

Nature: Lax
I have an idea you could use.
You could make it so the Ocean has dried up and so that where it used to be, could be replaces with forests or explorable areas. If not the whole ocean just do some. The hoenn ocean was always dull to me except for the factor of diving.
Old March 24th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florio View Post
I have an idea you could use.
You could make it so the Ocean has dried up and so that where it used to be, could be replaces with forests or explorable areas. If not the whole ocean just do some. The hoenn ocean was always dull to me except for the factor of diving.
No no, don't take away the sea!!!
Please...
-------------------------
Fixed the bush shadows yet?
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

I am NOT taking away ANY Sea. Just NO. Anyways,... :D

Work is stll ongoing, but still no Screenshots to show yet. Sorry D: Please keep this thread alive though!
Old March 28th, 2009, 01:13 PM
cdrew
Spastic Video Game Designer

Location: In mushroom kingdom, killing Mama Luigi! MUHAHAHAHA!!!!
this is pretty good. i like the tiles.
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:27 PM
CollinTheMaster
Wishes he had X-Box Live.....

This game looks great man!
Also, I have a question:
Have you set a date for the Beta or Alpha?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:47 PM
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
In case you haven't noticed, even the creators of Pokémon pay a lot of attention to ecosystems. The different regions have different native Pokémon and cultures. There's a whole realm of physical and cultural geography within the Pokémon world that the vast majority of fangames seem to ignore. Have you noticed how there are very few ice Pokémon in Hoenn and Fire Pokémon in Sinnoh? This is no accident. In the past, there were relatively few Pokémon so the same ones kept being repeated every year. However, starting in the Hoenn region you start seeing regional natives that are true natives. Northern Sinnoh is a mixture of tundra and alpine biomes. Orange Islands are tropical. Kanto and Johto have continental climates, and Hoenn is mostly subtropical.
Old April 1st, 2009, 02:46 PM
Melash
Back for now.

I just looked at this thread, and I must say, it looks very good. I like the whole idea of not having to 'save the world' or do anything like that, it's something that never happened in any Pokemon games. The sprites look a little pixelly (for advanced gen), but still, they're excellent.

I'll be watching this thread!
Old April 7th, 2009, 08:25 AM
DrCoolSanta
Erode away...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to DrCoolSanta Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DrCoolSanta Send a message via Yahoo to DrCoolSanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by InMooseWeTrust View Post
In case you haven't noticed, even the creators of Pokémon pay a lot of attention to ecosystems. The different regions have different native Pokémon and cultures. There's a whole realm of physical and cultural geography within the Pokémon world that the vast majority of fangames seem to ignore. Have you noticed how there are very few ice Pokémon in Hoenn and Fire Pokémon in Sinnoh? This is no accident. In the past, there were relatively few Pokémon so the same ones kept being repeated every year. However, starting in the Hoenn region you start seeing regional natives that are true natives. Northern Sinnoh is a mixture of tundra and alpine biomes. Orange Islands are tropical. Kanto and Johto have continental climates, and Hoenn is mostly subtropical.
I know you have been told this before, but you are actually behaving like an internet bully now . . .
Anyways, why do you think that after migration the Pokemon can't actually adjust in the Hoenn? Why do you think that if he will, he will have all the Pokemon there. Do you not think that he will think twice before deciding which Pokemon to be found in an area.
You can't actually say anything about them deciding to have Pokemon according to the climate. When R/B/G were made, they had no idea that they would make newer games. If you already don't know the story behind R/B/G about how it was not as popular before the anime and everything.

And how do you think that Pokemon can have an ecosystem of their own anyway. In a world where the trainers don't sleep, don't eat, Pokemon don't eat as well. They don't go to the loo, not even sit down. They can live their life in a Pokeball and what not.
Old April 7th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Thank you Dr Cool Santa. I'm not just randomly putting 493 Pokémon in Hoenn, I'm putting only those who fit the place. It's just to add a bit of variation, to be able to obtain different Pokémon. I have thought about this.

Progress report - i've decided to basically complete the tileset (Which is gonna be huge) before I do much, but I'll keep trying to show you little glimpses. There are alot of tiles to make...
Old April 7th, 2009, 02:49 PM
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D

Nature: Quirky
To be quite honest, this really just seems like a sprite project at this point.
Old April 7th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Main word in there is "seems". I don't want to show any videos until I've finished the Battle System Graphics. But work is going on with mapping and eventing.
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer

Before I started my game I learned how to rom hack.
This may not sound important but, I could get almost perfect pictures of every map in ruby/firered/leafgreen/sapphire/emerald.
By almost perfect I mean that the events will not appear in the maps.
Kind of like a f4 screenshot of a map in rmxp.
Maps include all maps.
If you would like this just pm me.
I can script a little too if you want my help for that.
but, just as I said I am making my own game so I do not have unlimited time.

I really like your tiles.
Old April 15th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Any more progress Ricee? I'm still anxious to see how this project turns out.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old April 15th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Beam Me Up, Furry Bandit!
Naito Park

Nature: Quiet
Finally, someone makes a game with Hoenn as the main region! Lol, your game is cool.
Old April 16th, 2009, 10:46 AM
thelaytonmobile
Beginning Reading Your Message

Nature: Timid
I have to say, this entire game looks incredibly original. I have ALWAYS wanted a game where you interact more with the NPCs and just... mooch around. And I have to say, I DO get annoyed by the fact that only a 10 year old can save the world in all these games (lazy champions...).
(Still like my world-saving games though )
And incidentally, does this mean no legendary battles?

Old June 30th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Emerex
Beginning Trainer

Is this project still living?
Old June 30th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nope, and there is rules against posting in a thread this old.
Check them out.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links